FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexbox

Brexbox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For the Brexit supporters on fab, check out the new Brexbox channel on Youtube. Its a Youtube channel formed by Brexit party MEP's in the European Parliament, bringing you all the latest news from Brussels and Strasbourg, and what has been going on within the EU. So if you have a Youtube account get yourselves over to Youtube and click on the subscribe button.

Here is the link to the first episode of Brexbox with Brexit party MEP's David Bull, Belinda De Lucy, Martin Daubney and Louis Stedman-Bryce.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReL8djq8EZg

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Episode 2 is also available now with Alex Phillips, Louis Stedman-Bryce, Martin Daubney and Michael Heaver.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aszJkb8mLOw

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I listen to the Brexit podcast x

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Interesting and enlightening

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Interesting and enlightening

"

very after watching it i googled how many non white meps in the eu .turns out 9 are mmmmmm

very after watching it i googled how many non white meps in the eu .turns out 9 are mmmmmm"

Something which you won't find reported on the BBC, sky news or the mainstream media which makes Brexbox essential viewing.

It's a conundrum. Is the imbalance caused by all parties showing bias to white males (and given the way we elect we have little choice but to accept their bias) or is it reflective of the electorate voting for anti immigration parties (which would have stronger tendencies to use white candidates).

Or a bit of both.

"It's a conundrum. Is the imbalance caused by all parties showing bias to white males (and given the way we elect we have little choice but to accept their bias) or is it reflective of the electorate voting for anti immigration parties (which would have stronger tendencies to use white candidates).

Or a bit of both. "

Would a remainer such as yourself call the Brexit party an anti immigration party? Because from the top of my head there are at least 2 Brexit party MEP's who are not white. That makes 2 of the 9 non white MEP's in the European parliament, Brexit party MEP's.

"It's a conundrum. Is the imbalance caused by all parties showing bias to white males (and given the way we elect we have little choice but to accept their bias) or is it reflective of the electorate voting for anti immigration parties (which would have stronger tendencies to use white candidates).

Or a bit of both.

Would a remainer such as yourself call the Brexit party an anti immigration party? Because from the top of my head there are at least 2 Brexit party MEP's who are not white. That makes 2 of the 9 non white MEP's in the European parliament, Brexit party MEP's. "

So you're only a proper UK national if you're white and can only be an immigrant if you're not white...

Wow, just.... wow.

Or a bit of both.

Would a remainer such as yourself call the Brexit party an anti immigration party? Because from the top of my head there are at least 2 Brexit party MEP's who are not white. That makes 2 of the 9 non white MEP's in the European parliament, Brexit party MEP's.

So you're only a proper UK national if you're white and can only be an immigrant if you're not white...

Wow, just.... wow. "

Or a bit of both.

Would a remainer such as yourself call the Brexit party an anti immigration party? Because from the top of my head there are at least 2 Brexit party MEP's who are not white. That makes 2 of the 9 non white MEP's in the European parliament, Brexit party MEP's. "

Another nonsense from a row of ignorants and fools.

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow. "

That wasn't what i said at all but no surprise that a remoaner on here would try to misrepresent what a Brexiteer has said. The point i was making is that the Brexit party appears to be one of the more liberal and ethnically diverse parties in the European Parliament, with 2 of its MEP's being non white, in a European Parliament that only has 9 non white MEP's overall.

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

That wasn't what i said at all but no surprise that a remoaner on here would try to misrepresent what a Brexiteer has said. The point i was making is that the Brexit party appears to be one of the more liberal and ethnically diverse parties in the European Parliament, with 2 of its MEP's being non white, in a European Parliament that only has 9 non white MEP's overall. "

It was you Centaur that brought colour into the immigration mix, not me.

It was you Centaur that stated the Brexit Party cannot be anti immigration because from the top of your head there are at least 2 Brexit party MEP's who are not white.

Are these 2 "none whites" as you call them not UK nationals then? I must say I'm not up on the ethnic backgrounds of MEP's and I wouldn't feel the need to even look it up nevermind bring it into a debate that they must be immigrants since they are "none whites"?

So you brought the none white issue to the table, not me

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

That wasn't what i said at all but no surprise that a remoaner on here would try to misrepresent what a Brexiteer has said. The point i was making is that the Brexit party appears to be one of the more liberal and ethnically diverse parties in the European Parliament, with 2 of its MEP's being non white, in a European Parliament that only has 9 non white MEP's overall.

It was you Centaur that stated the Brexit Party cannot be anti immigration because from the top of your head there are at least 2 Brexit party MEP's who are not white.

Are these 2 "none whites" as you call them not UK nationals then? I must say I'm not up on the ethnic backgrounds of MEP's and I wouldn't feel the need to even look it up nevermind bring it into a debate that they must be immigrants since they are "none whites"?

So you brought the none white issue to the table, not me "

Wrong again, so that's 2 obvious errors you've made on this thread now. If you scroll back up the thread i think you'll find it was the poster called Costafun who first raised the topic of colour in this thread, and it was SwinGloscpl who first raised the issue of immigration on the thread, so you're wrong on both counts.

Where exactly did i say that non whites cannot be uk nationals on the thread, because i've just looked back through all of my posts on this thread and i haven't said that anywhere. For you to suggest i have is a total fabrication on your part.

Also my name is not Centaur, as you can clearly see my profile name is Premier League.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

It's funny (pathetic) watching people who would usually wail 'it's PC gone mad!' about any debate around the lack of non-white people in politics suddenly funding their inner diversity champion when it's a chance to have a pop at the EU.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"It's funny (pathetic) watching people who would usually wail 'it's PC gone mad!' about any debate around the lack of non-white people in politics suddenly funding their inner diversity champion when it's a chance to have a pop at the EU. "

*suddenly finding

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

Wrong again, so that's 2 obvious errors you've made on this thread now. If you scroll back up the thread i think you'll find it was the poster called Costafun who first raised the topic of colour in this thread, and it was SwinGloscpl who first raised the issue of immigration on the thread, so you're wrong on both counts.

Where exactly did i say that non whites cannot be uk nationals on the thread, because i've just looked back through all of my posts on this thread and i haven't said that anywhere. For you to suggest i have is a total fabrication on your part.

Also my name is not Centaur, as you can clearly see my profile name is Premier League. "

You posed the question and I'll quote it again

"

Would a remainer such as yourself call the Brexit party an anti immigration party? Because from the top of my head there are at least 2 Brexit party MEP's who are not white.

"

There you're clearly implying how can the Brexit party be anti immigration because they have 2 none white MEP's as if because they are none white then they must be immigrants, hence the Brexit party cannot be anti immigration. There's absolutely no other reason to link colour and immigration together like you have.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

Also my name is not Centaur, as you can clearly see my profile name is Premier League. "

It is you Centy..

Wasn't that easy to suss, why the name change?

Looks like you in your Centy profile were no longer welcome after certain racist posts..

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

Also my name is not Centaur, as you can clearly see my profile name is Premier League.

It is you Centy..

Wasn't that easy to suss, why the name change?

Looks like you in your Centy profile were no longer welcome after certain racist posts..

"

Centy is back haha

near ipswich

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

So you brought the none white issue to the table, not me "

I think you find it was me that started it but its not about the uk its out of the 27 countries in the eu.

near ipswich

Or a bit of both.

Another nonsense from a row of ignorants and fools. "

Anything constructive to add to the debate.??????????? or just throwing insults around again.

very after watching it i googled how many non white meps in the eu .turns out 9 are mmmmmm

Something which you won't find reported on the BBC, sky news or the mainstream media which makes Brexbox essential viewing. "

Hi. A very interesting statistic though the more balanced individuals probably knew that anyway. The Brexit Party is a true representation of all sections of society.

What I find even more alarming is the number of people who fail to recognise that we pay more for clothing and food because we are members of the EU.

Have all these merchants of doom a d gloom sold their houses because they believe that the economy will collapse ?

As usual the silent minority recognise that the Brexit Party is an excellent representation of all members of society. Your post has clearly illustrated the point and thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention ( even if the audience size is only about 15 on here )

Or a bit of both.

Another nonsense from a row of ignorants and fools. Anything constructive to add to the debate.??????????? or just throwing insults around again."

That's all you have to say?

I expect something constructive from you. Ohhh from you and your friends it does not make sense anyway. C'mon bojo

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

So you brought the none white issue to the table, not me I think you find it was me that started it but its not about the uk its out of the 27 countries in the eu."

I meant it was Centy that brought the immigration aspect linked to colour aspect

"

What I find even more alarming is the number of people who fail to recognise that we pay more for clothing and food because we are members of the EU.

"

What I could find alarming is people constantly trotting this out about clothing and food being cheaper on WTO rules yet are still unable to point to any source that's factually correct

Something which you won't find reported on the BBC, sky news or the mainstream media which makes Brexbox essential viewing. Hi. A very interesting statistic though the more balanced individuals probably knew that anyway. The Brexit Party is a true representation of all sections of society.

Have all these merchants of doom a d gloom sold their houses because they believe that the economy will collapse ?

As usual the silent minority recognise that the Brexit Party is an excellent representation of all members of society. Your post has clearly illustrated the point and thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention ( even if the audience size is only about 15 on here ) "

Is everything ok with your intellect?

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

So you brought the none white issue to the table, not me I think you find it was me that started it but its not about the uk its out of the 27 countries in the eu."

Thanks for the clarification and setting the record straight Costa.

Just-Andy has tried adding 2 and 2 together and he's come up with an answer of 5. I doubt he has the integrity to apologise for falsely accusing me.

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

So you brought the none white issue to the table, not me I think you find it was me that started it but its not about the uk its out of the 27 countries in the eu.

I meant it was Centy that brought the immigration aspect linked to colour aspect "

It wasn't though was it Andy, and you're wrong again. It was SwinGloscouple who first did that on the thread, which i clearly explained to you in a previous post.

"

What I could find alarming is people constantly trotting this out about clothing and food being cheaper on WTO rules yet are still unable to point to any source that's factually correct "

It's kind of obvious isn't it when you consider the EU's external tariff barrier, which puts tariffs on goods coming into the EU from the rest of the world....items which include food, clothing and footwear. Outside of the EU, and free from the EU's external tariff barrier we can lower those tariffs, making food and clothing from the rest of the world cheaper to consumers in the UK.

"It's funny (pathetic) watching people who would usually wail 'it's PC gone mad!' about any debate around the lack of non-white people in politics suddenly funding their inner diversity champion when it's a chance to have a pop at the EU. "

What's funny (and pathetic) is PC people like you, who usually go out of your way to shout from the rooftops about the lack of ethnic diversity in politics, now decrying and bemoaning the fact that others are highlighting the lack of ethnic diversity in the European Parliament. Really couldn't make it up.

near ipswich

"It's funny (pathetic) watching people who would usually wail 'it's PC gone mad!' about any debate around the lack of non-white people in politics suddenly funding their inner diversity champion when it's a chance to have a pop at the EU.

What's funny (and pathetic) is PC people like you, who usually go out of your way to shout from the rooftops about the lack of ethnic diversity in politics, now decrying and bemoaning the fact that others are highlighting the lack of ethnic diversity in the European Parliament. Really couldn't make it up. "

Exactly all i was doing was pointing out a fact that i didn't know or had ever thought about until the mep highlighted it.I was neither championing it or condoning it but thought it was worth pointing out to see others points of view.

Or a bit of both.

Haven't been aroind to respond to this

Before we start, my googling suggest Meps of colour post the recent elections is c 30 (source European Network Against Racism analysis) so ukip is 2 of the 30.

I said I think its a bit of both. Its positive TBP have representation. And 2 out of 29 is higher than the eu average. But TBP aren't the only party which stand on a nationalist/anti immigration type platform. The same analysis showed left leaning parties tended to have better representation. But it's not a case of absolutes. Which is why I proposed it could also be something in all parties.

"Exactly all i was doing was pointing out a fact that i didn't know or had ever thought about until the mep highlighted it.I was neither championing it or condoning it but thought it was worth pointing out to see others points of view."

When the left points it out, or a person of colour/bame points it out, it gets slander from the right, but now a brexit supporting channel points it out, it's suddenly an issue that needs attention? You're only paying attention now because it fits an agenda, you're not an ally, if this wasn't EU related you wouldn't give two fucks. That's the hypocrisy part of this, you're essentially being what we joke about as "woke".

Yes lack of representation is always an issue, but don't expect people to give a shit about your cause when you're being transparent as fuck.

near ipswich

"Exactly all i was doing was pointing out a fact that i didn't know or had ever thought about until the mep highlighted it.I was neither championing it or condoning it but thought it was worth pointing out to see others points of view.

When the left points it out, or a person of colour/bame points it out, it gets slander from the right, but now a brexit supporting channel points it out, it's suddenly an issue that needs attention? You're only paying attention now because it fits an agenda, you're not an ally, if this wasn't EU related you wouldn't give two fucks. That's the hypocrisy part of this, you're essentially being what we joke about as "woke".

Yes lack of representation is always an issue, but don't expect people to give a shit about your cause when you're being transparent as fuck. "

What a load of bollocks you talk you seem to think you know me personally and know how i think.You seem to think because someone is not left wing that they are far right, wrong assumption.Also i think you should let me know which post from the left or person of colour i have slandered,you cant because there is not one.I know my post probably hit a nerve with you about your precious eu but no need to go on a personal attack as they say dont shoot the messenger.

As a slight side note along this subject what I found quite amusing was that Brexit Party MEP's have apparently been sent to Brussels by their voters to make life as difficult and unpleasant as possible for the EU institution and it's members.

I then saw on a news feed that one Louis Stedman-Bryce, 44, a black Brexit Party MEP was complaining that he was made to feel uncomfortable on purpose by where he had his office allocated at the EU Parliament.

Or a bit of both.

Wow, just.... wow.

What football team do you support??

"It's funny (pathetic) watching people who would usually wail 'it's PC gone mad!' about any debate around the lack of non-white people in politics suddenly funding their inner diversity champion when it's a chance to have a pop at the EU.

What's funny (and pathetic) is PC people like you, who usually go out of your way to shout from the rooftops about the lack of ethnic diversity in politics, now decrying and bemoaning the fact that others are highlighting the lack of ethnic diversity in the European Parliament. Really couldn't make it up. Exactly all i was doing was pointing out a fact that i didn't know or had ever thought about until the mep highlighted it.I was neither championing it or condoning it but thought it was worth pointing out to see others points of view."

Agree its interesting. Seems like it has improved this time around albeit only slightly. Any thoughts your end as to why this is? It seems non white representation is half that you'd expect (4% versus 10%) and while UK has a better representation at 8% we also have a higher non white population at c 14% so we're not amazingly representative ourselvea (albeit a bit better). So we should be looking at ourselves as well as the wider eu when making judgements...

What is amusing is people crying out about not enough MEP's from minority backgrounds as if it's an EU institutional fault when it's a democratic vote by the voting public that chooses who becomes their MEP.

"What is amusing is people crying out about not enough MEP's from minority backgrounds as if it's an EU institutional fault when it's a democratic vote by the voting public that chooses who becomes their MEP. "

To be fair in the UK at least you vote for a party. Its a downside of PR in that respect.

Does anyone have the source for where there are nine non white Meps? I'm stuggling to Google it...

here

not sure where the 9 non-white MEPs claim comes from, but is this helpful:

https://www.enar-eu.org/ENAR-s-Election-Analysis-Ethnic-minorities-in-the-new-European-Parliament-2019

near ipswich

"Does anyone have the source for where there are nine non white Meps? I'm stuggling to Google it..."
Sorry my mistake i didnt look at the date when i googled it seems since the election in may there is 36 which will reduce by 7 when we leave.www.europeanintrest.eu?meet-national-racial-minorities

"For the Brexit supporters on fab, check out the new Brexbox channel on Youtube. Its a Youtube channel formed by Brexit party MEP's in the European Parliament, bringing you all the latest news from Brussels and Strasbourg, and what has been going on within the EU. "

Just an update for Farage / Brexit party supporters, which really should interest everyone actually.

Tonight on his radio show on LBC Nigel Farage dropped a bombshell statement that could rock the EU to it's foundations if his claim is investigated.

A caller was talking about the newly voted in President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen but Nigel Farage stated twice in succession that there was NO VOTE, there was NO VOTE!

So if this is true and coming from a man such as Nigel Farage who's so well known for such highly regarded principles and honesty, we simply cannot disbelieve his bombshell statements and urgently need to have this investigated

here

"Does anyone have the source for where there are nine non white Meps? I'm stuggling to Google it...Sorry my mistake i didnt look at the date when i googled it seems since the election in may there is 36 which will reduce by 7 when we leave.www.europeanintrest.eu?meet-national-racial-minorities"

Numbers may not be correct, but the most recent analysis still supports your message

"Does anyone have the source for where there are nine non white Meps? I'm stuggling to Google it...Sorry my mistake i didnt look at the date when i googled it seems since the election in may there is 36 which will reduce by 7 when we leave.www.europeanintrest.eu?meet-national-racial-minorities"

No worries. Can you link me up to the old article with nine? It's an interesting subject and has made me think about PR and the risks a bit more.

near ipswich

"Does anyone have the source for where there are nine non white Meps? I'm stuggling to Google it...Sorry my mistake i didnt look at the date when i googled it seems since the election in may there is 36 which will reduce by 7 when we leave.www.europeanintrest.eu?meet-national-racial-minorities

No worries. Can you link me up to the old article with nine? It's an interesting subject and has made me think about PR and the risks a bit more. "

It was a few days ago but see if i can find it.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

Something which you won't find reported on the BBC, sky news or the mainstream media which makes Brexbox essential viewing. Hi. A very interesting statistic though the more balanced individuals probably knew that anyway. The Brexit Party is a true representation of all sections of society.

As usual the silent minority recognise that the Brexit Party is an excellent representation of all members of society. Your post has clearly illustrated the point and thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention ( even if the audience size is only about 15 on here ) "

How the hell do you know what the silent majority think...they're silent ffs. The Brexit party clearly doesn't represent the majority of the country given it polled larking a third of the votes in the EU election. It may represent the majority of Brexshiteers, but that's about all you can claim

By *heislanderMan  over a year ago

cheshunt

As usual the silent minority recognise that the Brexit Party is an excellent representation of all members of society. Your post has clearly illustrated the point and thank you for taking the time to bring it to our attention ( even if the audience size is only about 15 on here )

How the hell do you know what the silent majority think...they're silent ffs. The Brexit party clearly doesn't represent the majority of the country given it polled larking a third of the votes in the EU election. It may represent the majority of Brexshiteers, but that's about all you can claim"

But what the majority of the country vote when asked “ Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?“

"But what the majority of the country vote when asked “ Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?“ "

This was a point when "Leave" meant Britain being promised a better future, that's been royally fucked up by this point.

If asked back in 2016 if you want to Leave and have the country suffer for a few decades, do you think people still would?

Britain is blinded by its own stubbornness and arrogance, we're in a quadruple down by this point, we're about to have Boris Johnson as PM, a man everyone openly mocked for years because he's an idiot.

"

Britain is blinded by its own stubbornness and arrogance, we're in a quadruple down by this point, we're about to have Boris Johnson as PM, a man everyone openly mocked for years because he's an idiot."

And now he's being billed as our saviour

near ipswich

episode 3 now available very enlightening.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

How the hell do you know what the silent majority think...they're silent ffs. The Brexit party clearly doesn't represent the majority of the country given it polled larking a third of the votes in the EU election. It may represent the majority of Brexshiteers, but that's about all you can claim

But what the majority of the country vote when asked “ Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?“ "

If the Brexit Party represented all leavers it would have polled 52% or more

near ipswich

Episode 4 now out.Interesting bit on committees and finance.

» Add a new message to this topic