FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > New Recruits

New Recruits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Recruitment is down for all military. Army, navy and RAF. Why should our people go and fight when there are no insensitives. Or when our fallen soldiers are chucked on the scrap heap. Our people deserve better.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Recruitment is down for all military. Army, navy and RAF. Why should our people go and fight when there are no insensitives. Or when our fallen soldiers are chucked on the scrap heap. Our people deserve better."

Yep i fully agree. Especially wih recent wars on behalf of the usa.

One recent example is America pressuring the Germans into patrolling the gulf. Germany is refusing to be involved in American unilateral sanctions, something we should do instead of being puppets

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

So much uncertainty. When the climate around you looks so uncertain, people stop taking risks with their lives and shelter.

"When the wind of change blows, some people build walls and some people build windmills"

- not me

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I love the way Capita are bragging that they got throughput of potential recruits up from 1 in 10 to 1 in 8...ffs, when I was in our regimental recruiting team our stats were probably about 80% that made it into the Army, and stayed at least until the end of basic training....never should have put a private company in charge of recruiting. In some areas, its taking them up to 8 months (was 12 months) to get them through the paperwork and into uniform, we could do it in 4.

Bristol East

"

One recent example is America pressuring the Germans into patrolling the gulf. Germany is refusing to be involved in American unilateral sanctions, something we should do instead of being puppets"

Read a fascinating piece today in one of the Russia-orientated news outlets.

Poland is Trump's new best buddy in Europe.

It's upped defence spending to 2% and buying lots of shiny hardware from US suppliers (America First).

One of the US Generals is now saying the US should start withdrawing from Germany because its defence spending is still below 2%.

Speculation some troops may be redeployed to Poland.

One of the German politicians thought this was a great idea, and they could move their nuclear weapons out of Germany, too.

It seems to be creating quite a debate in Germany.

It is in this context that the talk of a European military alliance is being discussed.

Pax Americana has gone.

"

One recent example is America pressuring the Germans into patrolling the gulf. Germany is refusing to be involved in American unilateral sanctions, something we should do instead of being puppets

It's upped defence spending to 2% and buying lots of shiny hardware from US suppliers (America First).

One of the US Generals is now saying the US should start withdrawing from Germany because its defence spending is still below 2%.

One of the German politicians thought this was a great idea, and they could move their nuclear weapons out of Germany, too.

It is in this context that the talk of a European military alliance is being discussed.

Pax Americana has gone.

"

A European defence network / organisation is a brilliant idea

By *ralpleaser36Man  over a year ago

Swindon

"Recruitment is down for all military. Army, navy and RAF. Why should our people go and fight when there are no insensitives. Or when our fallen soldiers are chucked on the scrap heap. Our people deserve better."

And with the soldier F case still ongoing I don’t see recruitment getting any better. Why risk your life to be shafted by the government in decades to come whilst the terrorists are given letters of pardon? I certainly wouldn’t ever join up again.

Bristol East

"

A European defence network / organisation is a brilliant idea "

First mooted in the 1950s when the coal and steel community was being forced.

Reading a fascinating about at the mo called the "Euro tragedy".

I learned that the single currency was first tabled at a meeting of the EEC in 1969.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

Pax Americana has gone.

A European defence network / organisation is a brilliant idea "

Poland and the uk are the only ones that have kept to the agreement to spend 2% so its false to claim they have just upped it.This is why trump has been going on about nato since he was elected the usa spend 4% and he thinks the rest are freeloading.Poland need to be vigilant about russia with belarus as their buffer.

Just read the 2% target is for 2024, and decided in 2014.

If true, we are half way on that journey... I wonder how each country is faring on the glide path.

I do miss not having peacegaven around... Imagine his response to others saying Germany need to send more on thrir armed forces!

near ipswich

"Just read the 2% target is for 2024, and decided in 2014.

If true, we are half way on that journey... I wonder how each country is faring on the glide path.

I do miss not having peacegaven around... Imagine his response to others saying Germany need to send more on thrir armed forces! "

I would think he would be happy they dont have the firepower as well as political clout.

I do miss not having peacegaven around... Imagine his response to others saying Germany need to send more on thrir armed forces! I would think he would be happy they dont have the firepower as well as political clout. "

Yet...

Ps you better tell some leavers they don't have political clout. We are relying on them to kick the eu into a deal (having themselves been kicked by BMW )

near ipswich

I do miss not having peacegaven around... Imagine his response to others saying Germany need to send more on thrir armed forces! I would think he would be happy they dont have the firepower as well as political clout.

Yet...

Ps you better tell some leavers they don't have political clout. We are relying on them to kick the eu into a deal (having themselves been kicked by BMW ) "

True but they are not going to do that until they know the outcome of the political coup in the uk.If boris wins they will have to get their arses in gear.

Bristol East

"

Poland and the uk are the only ones that have kept to the agreement to spend 2% so its false to claim they have just upped it.This is why trump has been going on about nato since he was elected the usa spend 4% and he thinks the rest are freeloading.Poland need to be vigilant about russia with belarus as their buffer. "

It's questionable whether the UK makes it - I believe it has counted counter-terrorist spending in the total to get over the 2% line.

Trump has even talked of upping the demand to 4%.

All of it designed to get European countries buy lots of shiny new kit from the United States.

America First again.

near ipswich

"

Poland and the uk are the only ones that have kept to the agreement to spend 2% so its false to claim they have just upped it.This is why trump has been going on about nato since he was elected the usa spend 4% and he thinks the rest are freeloading.Poland need to be vigilant about russia with belarus as their buffer.

It's questionable whether the UK makes it - I believe it has counted counter-terrorist spending in the total to get over the 2% line.

Trump has even talked of upping the demand to 4%.

All of it designed to get European countries buy lots of shiny new kit from the United States.

America First again.

"

We make a lot of "shiny new kit" so no need to buy from them.

Bristol East

Rather a lot actually.

The new generation of Trident missiles, for example.

The aircraft for the new carriers.

Boeing aircraft.

Helicopters.

Missile launchers.

Raytheon Sentinel

The list goes on.

» Add a new message to this topic