FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is trump right

Is trump right

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

Violent video games should be curbed as they glamourise violence he might have a point.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Violent video games should be curbed as they glamourise violence he might have a point."

Many countries have video games.

Before that many countries had movies. TV. Radio. Whatever was being blamed at the time.

Only the US seem to have major problems.

Why is that?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

As a general principle, the answer to any question beginning "Is Trump right" is NO. Occasionally he does manage to accidentally stumble across a point that has a certain amount of merit. In this case, yes some video games do include a lot of violent content, but i have no doubt this is just a deflection away from the general culture in the usa where guns have become so normalised that in many states you can buy them in the supermarket along with the weekly groceries.

He has no intention of doing anything about controlling access to weapons, so instead blames the almost daily massacres on computer games...

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Violent video games should be curbed as they glamourise violence he might have a point."

Let me remind you that before video games the same political rabble rousers blamed violent rap music, violent films, illegal drugs, rock and roll, comics... (that's taken us back to the 50's). The one thing that political rabble rousers all agree is not responsible for politically inspired violence is political rabble rousing. funnily enough the same people claim the one thing that isn't to blame for gun deaths are guns...

I'll leave you to figure out if there are any any holes in the logic I have just laid out or links in the above that may explain political violence.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Per capita, Japan has the highest consumption rate of violent video games.

Japan also has the lowest rate of gun violence in the developed world.

Go figure.

near ipswich

I have no opinion on it at this moment as not really give it much thought.I knew the tittle would draw people in to talk about it though.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

No.

Nope. It's just a tactic to divert attention away from conversation about the influence the NRA has on both of their main parties.

moston

"I have no opinion on it at this moment as not really give it much thought.I knew the tittle would draw people in to talk about it though. "

The USA is an extremely violent while at the same time insanely puritan society. It claims that it's pilgrim fathers fled Europe to escape persecution when in fact they left Europe because Europe would no longer tolerate their persecution of all non puritans in search of a place where they were free to carry on as they had done since the mid 16th century. Their first act in their new home was to subjugate and exterminate the local population who saved them from starvation when they first arrived & 400 years later nothing bar scale has changed.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if you accept that concept then you are also saying that americans are more impressionable that everyone else....

i'm not willing to accept that.....

near ipswich

"I have no opinion on it at this moment as not really give it much thought.I knew the tittle would draw people in to talk about it though.

The USA is an extremely violent while at the same time insanely puritan society. It claims that it's pilgrim fathers fled Europe to escape persecution when in fact they left Europe because Europe would no longer tolerate their persecution of all non puritans in search of a place where they were free to carry on as they had done since the mid 16th century. Their first act in their new home was to subjugate and exterminate the local population who saved them from starvation when they first arrived & 400 years later nothing bar scale has changed."

A very good summary of the usa not sure how it fits in with violent video games though.As i said ive not really sat down and thought about it rationally but my initial thought was they banned tobacco ads to stop people smoking trying to stop betting ads by football teams as they influence people so if the powers that be think that why wouldn't violent games accepted in everyday life not influence kids?

near ipswich

"Violent video games should be curbed as they glamourise violence he might have a point.

if you accept that concept then you are also saying that americans are more impressionable that everyone else....

i'm not willing to accept that.....

"

Im not saying that either but maybe the availability of guns has something to do with it too. Maybe its not just a one thing problem but a combination of several.

Strangely the shooter didn’t use the language of Call of Duty or Grand theft auto of Fortnite he used the language of the President..

Just sayin

moston

"A very good summary of the usa not sure how it fits in with violent video games though.As i said ive not really sat down and thought about it rationally but my initial thought was they banned tobacco ads to stop people smoking trying to stop betting ads by football teams as they influence people so if the powers that be think that why wouldn't violent games accepted in everyday life not influence kids? "

I would say you misunderstand the nature of puritanism, and if you spend some time considering the implication of puritanism then the American psyche, its violence, need to enforce its will on all others, its desire to prohibit all forms of human pleasure and force everyone to toil from birth to grave becomes quite logical in an extremely warped sort of way.

"I have no opinion on it at this moment as not really give it much thought.I knew the tittle would draw people in to talk about it though.

The USA is an extremely violent while at the same time insanely puritan society. It claims that it's pilgrim fathers fled Europe to escape persecution when in fact they left Europe because Europe would no longer tolerate their persecution of all non puritans in search of a place where they were free to carry on as they had done since the mid 16th century. Their first act in their new home was to subjugate and exterminate the local population who saved them from starvation when they first arrived & 400 years later nothing bar scale has changed.A very good summary of the usa not sure how it fits in with violent video games though.As i said ive not really sat down and thought about it rationally but my initial thought was they banned tobacco ads to stop people smoking trying to stop betting ads by football teams as they influence people so if the powers that be think that why wouldn't violent games accepted in everyday life not influence kids? "

Adverts are designed to cause impressions at its their sole reason for being.

It's an easier jump from this argument to social media manipulation of polices, than it is to jump from this to a side effect of video games are gun crimes.

Bristol East

"maybe the availability of guns has something to do with it tool. "

Um, er, you might be onto something there.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

No. He doesn't. Also, in this country, due to concerns for our children, violent video games all have 18 certificates; which are effective right up to the point that parents decide to allow their 10yr olds to play them.

Gaming isn't as responsible for violent crime as failed parenting is.

P.S. Television was glamourising violence when Sony was just making record players.

By *retty GoodMan  over a year ago

Cardiff Bay

Definitely think he’s wrong about the video games, but sure it doesn’t help mind

Interestingly the mass shooting pages on the internet seems to have the US down at about 10th on most League tables for mass shootings

However it’s not a table you want to be top of

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/mass-shootings-by-country/

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Violent video games can only affect growing brains which is why they have an age rating of 18 on them.

For children its pot luck if it will affect the child or not, this is why we block it for all children.

you can take 100 children, have them all play gta and they can all develop into healthy adults.

But you can give it to 1 child, and their brain will grow and reinforce pathways in the brain that lead to violent thoughts before any others, these pathways will deepen and become the defacto route of electricity around the brain.

The problem with America and increasingly the UK is that parents refuse to moderate this content for their children and increasingly want the state to do it. You see adults buying GTA and Cod for kids that look 10 years old.

This kind of stuff happens less in other european countries. Where their attiudes to sex may seem far more liberal than ours, but its just an attitude to normal healthy sex that is liberal. Violent sex would still get an 18 cert.

But just think about that next time you see a child play a violent game, they could be reinforcing thoughts over and over and over that are the most awful thoughts a human can have.

I like violent video games, horror movies and heavy metal... None of which have turned me into a violent person, as pilchards like Trump would like you to believe. Violence comes from a whole different place... One Trump is exaserbating, not video games

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"I like violent video games, horror movies and heavy metal... None of which have turned me into a violent person, as pilchards like Trump would like you to believe. Violence comes from a whole different place... One Trump is exaserbating, not video games"

Just because it didnt turn you or 100 other people into violent thugs, does not mean it is scientifically proven to turn some violent and reinforce the violent thoughts of some.

A lot of people reach adulthood and think "It didnt do me any harm", but this misses the point that it will do 1 in 100, or 1 in 1000 harm and the only way to gurantee it wont cause harm is to wait until your brain is fully developed.

No of course not, it's a classic deflect tactic, choosing video games now however was a silly move after the boom in sales during this console generation, numbers are up worldwide and yet mass shootings are only a problem in the USA.

Cardiff Bay

"I like violent video games, horror movies and heavy metal... None of which have turned me into a violent person, as pilchards like Trump would like you to believe. Violence comes from a whole different place... One Trump is exaserbating, not video games"

Tit

Hardly the demographic are you

Does the US not have very strict rules about gaming addiction? I seem to remember a cousin telling me about their neighbour’s son being thrown out of college for overuse? Am a bit hazy on specifics here but if the country addresses the issue already, could there be another reason?

Gun control, obviously but...

Think of US films you’ve seen recently- the subtext in 99% of them is quiet do-gooders (normal person to anybody else) seen as being inferior until ‘manning-up, grabbing a large gun or ten and, bypassing law and order and diplomacy, shooting the hell out of the baddies (usually Arab, black or Eastern European/Mexican/Russian. etc. Result- becomes a Man. Or better, a US Man.

Perfect storm for under achievers, dark web junkies and Trump propaganda

Ahh it's blame video games chestnut again instead of taking guns off the streets

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Trump is an idiot playing his base and even asking this question begs the question...have you ever had a history lesson? I mean that in the politest way possible as well.

First off, people have killed people since human history began. Mass shootings are just a sign that when everyone has access to guns, the nutters do to. there are plenty of documented cases of individuals going mad with knives, axes, muskets etc within their respective communities long before we even had electricity, let alone "violent computer games".

Second off, Trump is playing up to his base who are, most notably, Conservative Americans gun nuts. The concept of him even questioning American gun laws is not going to happen as that would turn what is left of his base on him.

Thirdly, there are probably a couple of billion of gamer's in the world. It's currently the biggest entertainment industry in the world and the best selling games all feature violence and death. The same games that selling America are sold here in the UK and other countries. If games where responsible, we'd have much much higher rates of mass violence around the world.

Blaming computer games has been done before and it will be done again. Blaming music has been done. Blaming violent movies and books as been done. Most of us on this site should be old enough to know better by now. Mass shootings only stopped in other we

But here's the weird thing, banning or curbing all those things wont make a shred of difference. Prohibition didnt stop people drinking in the US and banning drugs does not stop people taking them. In this case Violent people will commit violent acts. Rather than look at the real route causes which are wide and varied, it's just all to easy to make a sound bite that blames an entertainment medium rather than look at the fact that individuals into their local gun store and walk out with enough munitions to storm a castle.

Lets not blame gamers. It's ignorant, disrespectful to the victims of such tragedies and out of touch with reality. Instead look at Americas current political polices and the fact it refuses to acknowledge it's current glorification of gun culture as a country. Don't believe me? Watch any popular American TV show that relates to crime and see how often there is a shoot out then compare it to a British equivalent show and see how often there is not even a gun in our shows.

Trump does not have a point. He's just playing the blame game and getting people to look anywhere but at him and his current policy's.

Rant over!

(sorry peeps...I'm sweet usually).

"I like violent video games, horror movies and heavy metal... None of which have turned me into a violent person, as pilchards like Trump would like you to believe. Violence comes from a whole different place... One Trump is exaserbating, not video games

Just because it didnt turn you or 100 other people into violent thugs, does not mean it is scientifically proven to turn some violent and reinforce the violent thoughts of some.

A lot of people reach adulthood and think "It didnt do me any harm", but this misses the point that it will do 1 in 100, or 1 in 1000 harm and the only way to gurantee it wont cause harm is to wait until your brain is fully developed."

It takes alot more than these things to turn someone into a violent person... Maybe things a little closer to home should be looked at before peoples leisure activities eh?

near ipswich

Interesting thread and just as i predicted before starting it.It seems to prove to me that these days if someone is not liked in this instance trump anything said is immediately dismissed by the people who hate him as rubbish.It seems people dont have the ability anymore to say "i dont like the person but actually maybe he has a point" the only one in this thread to say that is polly tv .I personally have no love for trump but saw that quote and thought it would be good to see peoples reaction.

"I like violent video games, horror movies and heavy metal... None of which have turned me into a violent person, as pilchards like Trump would like you to believe. Violence comes from a whole different place... One Trump is exaserbating, not video games

Tit

Hardly the demographic are you "

What's to say I couldn't have been, with the wrong upbringing?

Did you seriously call me a tit?

"It seems to prove to me that these days if someone is not liked in this instance trump anything said is immediately dismissed by the people who hate him as rubbish.It seems people dont have the ability anymore to say "i dont like the person but actually maybe he has a point" the only one in this thread to say that is polly tv .I personally have no love for trump but saw that quote and thought it would be good to see peoples reaction. "

See now you're letting what party you like influence your view.

No, people are not dismissing this because it's Trump, you're clearly new to this issue of blaming Video Games as people have been trying this tactic since the 90's, and to further curb stomp your point, Hillary Clinton tried the same thing in the mid-2000's and she was shot down in the same way.

Stop trying to turn this into a Left Vs. Right thing when this issue specifically has been dragged out as an excuse by American politicians for decades, on both sides, and has been debunked by again, both sides.

Bristol East

"Interesting thread and just as i predicted before starting it.It seems to prove to me that these days if someone is not liked in this instance trump anything said is immediately dismissed by the people who hate him as rubbish.It seems people dont have the ability anymore to say "i dont like the person but actually maybe he has a point" the only one in this thread to say that is polly tv .I personally have no love for trump but saw that quote and thought it would be good to see peoples reaction. "

Stirred

Bristol East

* Stirrer

Cardiff Bay

Tit

Hardly the demographic are you

What's to say I couldn't have been, with the wrong upbringing?

Did you seriously call me a tit? "

Yeah sorry the tit comment was for the stupid trump comment, my apologies

And only meant that mass shootings are pretty much done by 98% men really

near ipswich

"It seems to prove to me that these days if someone is not liked in this instance trump anything said is immediately dismissed by the people who hate him as rubbish.It seems people dont have the ability anymore to say "i dont like the person but actually maybe he has a point" the only one in this thread to say that is polly tv .I personally have no love for trump but saw that quote and thought it would be good to see peoples reaction.

See now you're letting what party you like influence your view.

No, people are not dismissing this because it's Trump, you're clearly new to this issue of blaming Video Games as people have been trying this tactic since the 90's, and to further curb stomp your point, Hillary Clinton tried the same thing in the mid-2000's and she was shot down in the same way.

Stop trying to turn this into a Left Vs. Right thing when this issue specifically has been dragged out as an excuse by American politicians for decades, on both sides, and has been debunked by again, both sides. "

Where do you get this left v right from i was using a person to confirm my opinion that people are less tolerant and not willing to say that someone they dislike might actually have a point the trump statement seemed the ideal thing to use .If boris or corbyn had said something i could have used i might have quoted them.Its nothing to do with left v right and cannot see how i am letting a party i support influence my view as i stated in my post i dont have a view as not really sat down and thought about it logically.But you do seem to confirm what i have learnt from this thread that its the person that gets attacked these days rather than what is said because of their political beliefs.Call me old school because im old but just because i dont like a certain party does not mean i automatically disagree with everything they say.

"But you do seem to confirm what i have learnt from this thread that its the person that gets attacked these days rather than what is said because of their political beliefs.Call me old school because im old but just because i dont like a certain party does not mean i automatically disagree with everything they say. "

How does it prove anything, you've literally just took what we've said and reversed it. It doesn't matter if Trump says it, Hillary says it, Corbyn says it, etc, it's an issue that's been used as a scapegoat for decades when there's proof it has no effect on people's attitudes.

And truthfully, it's an issue you don't really know about and yet you're here trying to prove some point about Trump, no sir, go back to other areas you have some familiarity with, not my industry.

near ipswich

"But you do seem to confirm what i have learnt from this thread that its the person that gets attacked these days rather than what is said because of their political beliefs.Call me old school because im old but just because i dont like a certain party does not mean i automatically disagree with everything they say.

How does it prove anything, you've literally just took what we've said and reversed it. It doesn't matter if Trump says it, Hillary says it, Corbyn says it, etc, it's an issue that's been used as a scapegoat for decades when there's proof it has no effect on people's attitudes.

And truthfully, it's an issue you don't really know about and yet you're here trying to prove some point about Trump, no sir, go back to other areas you have some familiarity with, not my industry."

Think you are missing the point mate.

"Think you are missing the point mate."

So come on then Costa, what was your point, cause so far it seems to be that you think Trump has a point and that people are dismissing this "legit" point because it came from Trump's mouth.

We've pointed out that it's been dismissed multiple times over when it's been brought up by people on the left and right, debunking your point.

Do you think Video Games cause mass shootings?

near ipswich

"Think you are missing the point mate.

So come on then Costa, what was your point, cause so far it seems to be that you think Trump has a point and that people are dismissing this "legit" point because it came from Trump's mouth.

We've pointed out that it's been dismissed multiple times over when it's been brought up by people on the left and right, debunking your point.

Do you think Video Games cause mass shootings?"

Well you seem to be the only one who has mentioned that its been brought up multiple times through the decades nobody else but i did say in the original post is trump right and so assumed that peoples responses were on that and not something clinton might have said in the 90,s .

Do you think Video Games cause mass shootings?Well you seem to be the only one who has mentioned that its been brought up multiple times through the decades nobody else but i did say in the original post is trump right and so assumed that peoples responses were on that and not something clinton might have said in the 90,s ."

Isn't the point that this isbt disagreeing with trump just because he's trump, because people have taken a similar position against Clinton.

near ipswich

Do you think Video Games cause mass shootings?Well you seem to be the only one who has mentioned that its been brought up multiple times through the decades nobody else but i did say in the original post is trump right and so assumed that peoples responses were on that and not something clinton might have said in the 90,s .

Isn't the point that this isbt disagreeing with trump just because he's trump, because people have taken a similar position against Clinton.

"

Well yes i could see your point if other people had pointed it out when commenting i personally did not know she had until swirl mentioned it and suspect alot of others didnt know either or they would have just said this is nothing new trump is repeating hillary.

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"Interesting thread and just as i predicted before starting it.It seems to prove to me that these days if someone is not liked in this instance trump anything said is immediately dismissed by the people who hate him as rubbish.It seems people dont have the ability anymore to say "i dont like the person but actually maybe he has a point" the only one in this thread to say that is polly tv .I personally have no love for trump but saw that quote and thought it would be good to see peoples reaction.

"

Or it could be that everyone would disagree with the statement whoever said it. I certainly would.

Maybe it's you looking for bias to complain about?

I don't know who has said what on this other than we always go around this loop with every new case.

I have trump bashing Americans on FB who I can guarantee within three days of a shooting will find a knife attack to share asking why not the same outrage when one or two people die.

This is gun toting Americans versus the rest of the world.

near ipswich

im not into bashing anyone i live in Britain its up to the people of America to decide who they want and what laws they want nothing to do with me i dont live there.I lived in spain for a while and didnt agree with somethings there but that was my choice and wasn't my place to try and change things.

moston

"Violent video games can only affect growing brains which is why they have an age rating of 18 on them.

For children its pot luck if it will affect the child or not, this is why we block it for all children.

you can take 100 children, have them all play gta and they can all develop into healthy adults.

But you can give it to 1 child, and their brain will grow and reinforce pathways in the brain that lead to violent thoughts before any others, these pathways will deepen and become the defacto route of electricity around the brain.

The problem with America and increasingly the UK is that parents refuse to moderate this content for their children and increasingly want the state to do it. You see adults buying GTA and Cod for kids that look 10 years old.

This kind of stuff happens less in other european countries. Where their attiudes to sex may seem far more liberal than ours, but its just an attitude to normal healthy sex that is liberal. Violent sex would still get an 18 cert.

But just think about that next time you see a child play a violent game, they could be reinforcing thoughts over and over and over that are the most awful thoughts a human can have."

I seem to remember hearing the very same arguments being used in the 70's and 80's only then it was toy guns were to blame. It is funny how many people find reasons to blame children's fantasy games for the political violence of adults when egged on by potential despots. Remember it is not so long ago that Trump was boasting he could shoot someone outside Trump Tower in New York and his supports would defend him while at the same time telling his rally goes that he would pay their legal fees if they attacked hecklers.

Suddenly when one of his supporters murders 21 people its the fault of video games...

Give me a break and stop abrogating Trump's responsibility for his words!

Cardiff Bay

"Violent video games can only affect growing brains which is why they have an age rating of 18 on them.

But just think about that next time you see a child play a violent game, they could be reinforcing thoughts over and over and over that are the most awful thoughts a human can have.

I seem to remember hearing the very same arguments being used in the 70's and 80's only then it was toy guns were to blame. It is funny how many people find reasons to blame children's fantasy games for the political violence of adults when egged on by potential despots. Remember it is not so long ago that Trump was boasting he could shoot someone outside Trump Tower in New York and his supports would defend him while at the same time telling his rally goes that he would pay their legal fees if they attacked hecklers.

Suddenly when one of his supporters murders 21 people its the fault of video games...

Give me a break and stop abrogating Trump's responsibility for his words! "

Care to explain how he was a trump supporter??

moston

"

Care to explain how he was a trump supporter?? "

Spelling out Trump with assault weapons and quoting Trump campaign rally talking points sort of gives it away.

Cardiff Bay

"

Care to explain how he was a trump supporter??

Spelling out Trump with assault weapons and quoting Trump campaign rally talking points sort of gives it away."

O was it him that took that picture ? I could of sworn that it wasn’t his pic

I could of sworn also in his manifesto that he said he disliked republicans and democrats

Also didn’t his manifesto also state his inspiration was the New Zealand shootings ?

Also didn’t it say in his manifesto all the feelings he had came out before Trump and was nothing to do with him ?

I could of sworn I read that when I went through it ,, did you read it at all by any chance ?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Spot on the don ...tells it as it is ...some kids are so into these games it takes over there life

By *ittleAcornMan  over a year ago

"Spot on the don ...tells it as it is ...some kids are so into these games it takes over there life

"

"some kids" is the key here. A very small group of people will be adversely affected by violent video games. So let's ban them all.

A huge group of people are turned violent every weekend by alcohol. Or football, or something they've been told by their magic sky wizard, etc. Etc.

The common factor is the people prone to violence, or mental illness. What tips them over the edge, or sends them in that direction is irrelevant.

The focus should be on the people and their problems. Not what it is they choose to focus their obsession on.

moston

"O was it him that took that picture ? I could of sworn that it wasn’t his pic

I could of sworn also in his manifesto that he said he disliked republicans and democrats

Also didn’t his manifesto also state his inspiration was the New Zealand shootings ?

Also didn’t it say in his manifesto all the feelings he had came out before Trump and was nothing to do with him ?

I could of sworn I read that when I went through it ,, did you read it at all by any chance ?"

Funnily enough, I read what he said in his 'manifesto', noted where I had seen/heard the same talking points and noted that many he claimed that it was all his own work. But when an individual copies the well published work of another and then claims it as their own original work I see a plagiarist. Guess you see yet another alt right stable genius.

Cardiff Bay

"O was it him that took that picture ? I could of sworn that it wasn’t his pic

I could of sworn I read that when I went through it ,, did you read it at all by any chance ?

Funnily enough, I read what he said in his 'manifesto', noted where I had seen/heard the same talking points and noted that many he claimed that it was all his own work. But when an individual copies the well published work of another and then claims it as their own original work I see a plagiarist. Guess you see yet another alt right stable genius."

O right my mistake and apologies for my error, could you just post the link to original one or where he stole his ideas from that your referring to please

Pretty certain these sick fucks who do this type of thing have similar ideas to some extent so even if he did steal some words does it make it false ?

I’ve typed into google the name of the guy then manifesto plagiarised, as well as manifesto fake but no one seems to be reporting that not even the looney left

But his one does state that he disliked democrats and republicans, that the NZ shootings was his inspiration and that he had his ideas before trump ? So does that mean it’s a lie even if those bits are added to someone else work ?

More than happy to admit if I made a mistake

So few questions there for you mate as well as any news on the pic ? Was it a pic he took or am I wrong on that also ?

Cardiff Bay

???

Bristol East

"Spot on the don ...tells it as it is ...some kids are so into these games it takes over there life"

I assume you mean in the UK?

Yet we do not have kids running amok and slaughtering dozens at a time.

Why is that?

"Violent video games should be curbed as they glamourise violence he might have a point.

Many countries have video games.

Before that many countries had movies. TV. Radio. Whatever was being blamed at the time.

Only the US seem to have major problems.

Why is that? "

The US aren't the only ones with problems of violence though are they, problems with gun crime violence more so due to there ease of gun laws but even then not alone.

"Spot on the don ...tells it as it is ...some kids are so into these games it takes over there life

Why is that?

"

Because our government took our guns of us hundreds of years ago for the promise of safety via laws, locking up criminal, policing etc etc.

The USA was a country born out of having a gun, needed for living, then needed for achieving there independence and which promised you the right to own a gun, over the decades it's become part of their culture.

Sadly morally we've regressed and now individuals think nothing of mass killings, the war on drugs has been as hampered by leftists as the Vietnam war was by republicans and that's laid the footings for the downfall of society.

Cardiff Bay

Why is that?

"

Let’s not forget the 37 killed and the 400 injured in the uk in 2017

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Let’s not forget the 37 killed and the 400 injured in the uk in 2017 "

I am not going to engage with the person who put this up... I am just putting this up as a wider comparison for context....

the comparison for the us in 2017 was according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There were 39,773 gun deaths in 2017, up by more than 1,000 from the year before

When adjusted for population size, the rate of gun deaths in 2017 also increased slightly to 12 deaths (12.21) for every 100,000 people, up from 11.8 per 100,000 in 2016.

the rate in the UK for gun deaths per 100,000 people in 2017 was 0.32

"Spot on the don ...tells it as it is ...some kids are so into these games it takes over there life"

You guys really are deluded huh? There's literally 20 years worth of research on this. Better yet, you credit "the don" for this, do you know what other politicians in the past tried the same blame tactic?

"

I am not going to engage with the person who put this up... I am just putting this up as a wider comparison for context....

the comparison for the us in 2017 was according to new data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

There were 39,773 gun deaths in 2017, up by more than 1,000 from the year before

When adjusted for population size, the rate of gun deaths in 2017 also increased slightly to 12 deaths (12.21) for every 100,000 people, up from 11.8 per 100,000 in 2016.

the rate in the UK for gun deaths per 100,000 people in 2017 was 0.32

"

Cmon dude your being disingenuous again, we can't get hold of guns in the UK, that doesn't mean if we could we'd be no different than the USA, the same problems that afflict them afflict us.

Your solution seems to be government can solve everything, my worry is government will use some dick heads being dick heads to curtail my own freedom.

So where are we now, everybody in the USA is free to leave, free to stay, free to vote as they wish, they want gun reform but not gun banning!!.

The guys point was genuine, we've banned guns hoorah, but now the ones who don't accept it just stab everybody while we argue about stats!!.

Were a failed society, no different to the USA, the only difference is we don't have guns.

You guys really are deluded huh? There's literally 20 years worth of research on this. Better yet, you credit "the don" for this, do you know what other politicians in the past tried the same blame tactic?"

Yep it’s the post truth age .I can’t wait for the next terrorist arrack to be blamed on mine craft...

Cardiff Bay

"

I am not going to engage with the person who put this up

"

That’s a good idea, as you always get called out and made to look a little silly mate

Was trumps point just that games causes violence? If so, I'd like to see the evidence. And do wonder if, when you have high levels of gun crime, whether you are focusing on the most important of issues.

But I suspect he wasn't just talking about this issue in isolation but using it to downplay guns in gun crime.

In which case the post which says we may have out problems but are a lot less becuae we don't have access to guns is on the money. It's guns that magnify any smaller issues. And there are probably lots of things which could trigger violent tendencies.

So your most effective bet is to ban the magnifier. As that solves for games, movies, TV, radio, w33d, poverty, social disillusionment or whatever the next strongest factors are.

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

President Trump is 100 per cent right , personally I hate to see kids playing these violent games .

i do not believe video games cause these violent outbreaks. I have a teenage son and his friends and him regularly play Call of Duty. It is violent but they seem to be able to be responsible well adjusted young men. I also not that one thing ALL massacres have in common is GUNS......Funnily the President does not seem to have noted this fact. Maybe he is not the clever brave man he claims to be ?

"President Trump is 100 per cent right , personally I hate to see kids playing these violent games ."

If video games are the cause of the problem. Why is it only the states that have some many mass shootings, when we have the same violent video games in every country?

Cardiff Bay

"President Trump is 100 per cent right , personally I hate to see kids playing these violent games .

If video games are the cause of the problem. Why is it only the states that have some many mass shootings, when we have the same violent video games in every country?"

Is it only the US that have a problem with or so many mass shootings ? Really?

"President Trump is 100 per cent right , personally I hate to see kids playing these violent games .

If video games are the cause of the problem. Why is it only the states that have some many mass shootings, when we have the same violent video games in every country?

Is it only the US that have a problem with or so many mass shootings ? Really? "

Who else has them? I suspect we hear about the US given its western and our cousins. Are others being under reported?

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Russians are sent to the salt mines .Chinese are never seen again . Indians are handed other countries beheaded. Really Donald trump and United States are not that bad .try sorting out your own many problems would be a good idea .America is your closest allies .probably your only real friend if the truth be know

"Russians are sent to the salt mines .Chinese are never seen again . Indians are handed other countries beheaded. Really Donald trump and United States are not that bad .try sorting out your own many problems would be a good idea .America is your closest allies .probably your only real friend if the truth be know "

This is great. Love how the criteria for Trump being "not that bad", or a "real friend" is that he doesn't send people to salt mines, behead people or make people disappear.

He just let's poor people shoot each other instead.

Oh and the US is, I think, the only country where slavery is still legal. Their prisoners are classified as such and are forced to work.

Fun stuff.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Russians are sent to the salt mines .Chinese are never seen again . Indians are handed other countries beheaded. Really Donald trump and United States are not that bad .try sorting out your own many problems would be a good idea .America is your closest allies .probably your only real friend if the truth be know

This is great. Love how the criteria for Trump being "not that bad", or a "real friend" is that he doesn't send people to salt mines, behead people or make people disappear.

Oh and the US is, I think, the only country where slavery is still legal. Their prisoners are classified as such and are forced to work.

Fun stuff."

Unfortunately there are many Countries where slavery in some shape or form is legal. On a recent visit to the Western Saharan I saw it first hand.

Cardiff Bay

"Russians are sent to the salt mines .Chinese are never seen again . Indians are handed other countries beheaded. Really Donald trump and United States are not that bad .try sorting out your own many problems would be a good idea .America is your closest allies .probably your only real friend if the truth be know

Fun stuff."

“He just lets poor people shoot each other” lol brilliant sooo funny, ahh the loony left

skerries

And the British government just let people stab each other .Lol.

skerries

Was it the queens fault .for the terrorist killings in Manchester and London. And the stabbing and killing of that young off duty soilder in London.

What happened to the guy that killed him

.to many do gooders in the world.

skerries

What will you guys be saying if the Chinese army entering Kong. And another teanniame square happens k.thousands of students murdered .will you be looking to close all the Chinese takeaways in London

"What will you guys be saying if the Chinese army entering Kong. And another teanniame square happens k.thousands of students murdered .will you be looking to close all the Chinese takeaways in London "

This wins the prize for the most confused post.

Congratulations.

Cardiff Bay

"What will you guys be saying if the Chinese army entering Kong. And another teanniame square happens k.thousands of students murdered .will you be looking to close all the Chinese takeaways in London

This wins the prize for the most confused post.

Congratulations."

The loony left should never be allowed to give out prizes

why would you think trump is right?

there have been studies already,not proving the link,of course most trumpers think scientists have it all wrong.

Would it be more apt to resolve the gun law issues?

So far trump has blamed mental health and video games,he cannot blame guns because he knows that is a total vote loser,even strengthening the gun laws could have him ousted!

To be honest,there is more glorification of violence in movies,as well as in real life.

In the end,it is really going to come down to the social media aspect,and that'll probably mean anonymity for no-one,sign up to trumpnet2020 tomorrow.

"President Trump is 100 per cent right , personally I hate to see kids playing these violent games ."

How can you honestly say that?-these violent games have age ratings,it's parents that buy them for the kids!-that is pretty much 0% right what trump thinks ffs.

Cardiff Bay

"why would you think trump is right?

there have been studies already,not proving the link,of course most trumpers think scientists have it all wrong.

Would it be more apt to resolve the gun law issues?

So far trump has blamed mental health and video games,he cannot blame guns because he knows that is a total vote loser,even strengthening the gun laws could have him ousted!

To be honest,there is more glorification of violence in movies,as well as in real life.

In the end,it is really going to come down to the social media aspect,and that'll probably mean anonymity for no-one,sign up to trumpnet2020 tomorrow.

"

Yeah I think trump is wrong on this issue and these games shouldn’t be banned but are they an influence on some ? Well probably a little bit but are they to blame? No

Movies and real life are different mind as you not the one doing the acts as opposed to being stuck in a room for hours on end pulling the imaginary trigger killing the imaginary people

He has blamed mental health and rightly so, not sure many sane people go round committing mass shootings

It would also be a vote loser for anyone who ran for president also dem or rep ,, god could come down run with the policy of changing the gun laws and lose ,,,,, UNFORTUNATELY

» Add a new message to this topic