FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Over £500,000 for salmond

Over £500,000 for salmond

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

the Scottish government have paid out over £500,000 for the flawed inquiry into sexual harassment.But the public inquiry wont begin until the criminal case against him has run its course which will begin in 2020.Very convenient for nicola sturgeon.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"the Scottish government have paid out over £500,000 for the flawed inquiry into sexual harassment.But the public inquiry wont begin until the criminal case against him has run its course which will begin in 2020.Very convenient for nicola sturgeon. "

Hope that’s coming out of the Scottish tax payers budget/coffers

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

We mugs will probably pay

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How come the pro Brexit people don't seem to give a shit about the billions being wasted on leaving the EU for no good reason. Yet are outraged by half a mil?

"How come the pro Brexit people don't seem to give a shit about the billions being wasted on leaving the EU for no good reason. Yet are outraged by half a mil?"

It's normal for brexiters. See defects in others but not at home and their choice.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"the Scottish government have paid out over £500,000 for the flawed inquiry into sexual harassment.But the public inquiry wont begin until the criminal case against him has run its course which will begin in 2020.Very convenient for nicola sturgeon. "

Not really. The next election is 2021.

I honestly don't think the outcome of the Salmond case will push the political needle in any direction.

It's about the character of an individual, not the course of a country.

By *retty GoodMan  over a year ago

Cardiff Bay

"How come the pro Brexit people don't seem to give a shit about the billions being wasted on leaving the EU for no good reason. Yet are outraged by half a mil?"

So what price do you put on sexual harassment? ,,, typical

"How come the pro Brexit people don't seem to give a shit about the billions being wasted on leaving the EU for no good reason. Yet are outraged by half a mil?

So what price do you put on sexual harassment? ,,, typical "

Your question doesn't have anything to do with my point and is completely nonsensical in this context.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Why equate the costly mistake by the Scottish Government with Brexit?

The two aren't linked in anyway.

"How come the pro Brexit people don't seem to give a shit about the billions being wasted on leaving the EU for no good reason. Yet are outraged by half a mil?

The two aren't linked in anyway. "

You don’t think brexit is costly..??

I bet you know the running cost so far ..care to tell us ??

The two aren't linked in anyway. "

They're linked in two ways.

1. Both wastes of money for the UK.

2. Brexiteers seem to have strong opinions on one, relatively small waste of money, but don't care about a much larger waste of money.

It was just an observation based on the people who posted on the tread.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

2. Brexiteers seem to have strong opinions on one, relatively small waste of money, but don't care about a much larger waste of money.

It was just an observation based on the people who posted on the tread."

Worse still with Brexit, apart from the £billions spent on it, are the opportunity costs.

Grantham

It was just an observation based on the people who posted on the tread."

So postings based on opinions on people rather than actual facts?

We all agree that Brexit is costly, that's without any doubt. But this situation with Alex Salmond and the Scottish Government has occurred, has nothing to do with Brexit and has occurred Brexit or no Brexit.

Grantham

You don’t think brexit is costly..??

I bet you know the running cost so far ..care to tell us ??"

I never said that.

Cardiff Bay

Your question doesn't have anything to do with my point and is completely nonsensical in this context.

"

Typical

Typical "

You're not making any sense. If you have something to say. Feel free to say it.

If it's a question or a point that you want me to address I will.

We all agree that Brexit is costly, that's without any doubt. But this situation with Alex Salmond and the Scottish Government has occurred, has nothing to do with Brexit and has occurred Brexit or no Brexit. "

There appears to be plenty of people, many of which are on this every forum, that still believe brexit will be beneficial to the uk and that there is no cost.

Bristol East

Government screw-ups are nothing new.

£500k for getting disciplinary process wrong?

A few weeks ago the UK Government paid out £10m to Serco in compensation for getting a procurement badly wrong.

I recall a US firm, Energy Solutions, collecting £100m in compensation after unfairly losing a Government tender.

Government, all government, has a habit of making mistakes and paying a hefty price.

here

We all agree that Brexit is costly, that's without any doubt. But this situation with Alex Salmond and the Scottish Government has occurred, has nothing to do with Brexit and has occurred Brexit or no Brexit.

There appears to be plenty of people, many of which are on this every forum, that still believe brexit will be beneficial to the uk and that there is no cost."

There are also still lots of assumptions made on here, not all of them correct or valid

Bristol East

In July, a right-wing think-tank called Freer published a report by the Tory MP Lee Rowley, who sits on the Public Accounts Committee.

It concluded, based on work by the PAC and NAO, the UK Government had wasted £7.5 billion on useless projects or crap project management.

£7.5 billion.

Half million quid seems lose change compared to £600 million a day .Which is one estimated cost so far for 3 years for brexit.

But maybe for some £50 billion or £100 billion is a small price to pay for an ideologue .

here

£2.8 billion for Crossrail

Ridiculous !

near ipswich

The scottish government fucked up big time on their rules and has cost them 1/2 mil at the moment and the thread is full of justification because money has been wasted elsewhere,couldnt make it up.

Cardiff Bay

Typical

If it's a question or a point that you want me to address I will. "

Ok well if sexual harassment isn’t important to you then fair enough

"The scottish government fucked up big time on their rules and has cost them 1/2 mil at the moment and the thread is full of justification because money has been wasted elsewhere,couldnt make it up. "

No one said it's a "justification". Just pointing out inconsistencies in the level of outrage.

Brexit costs 12,000 times this amount per week.

Typical

Ok well if sexual harassment isn’t important to you then fair enough "

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that sexual harassment isn't important to me?

Which is a weird way to phrase your weird conclusion.

That's pretty left field thinking, even for someone who believes that water boils at 23 degrees centigrade.

Bristol East

"The scottish government fucked up big time on their rules and has cost them 1/2 mil at the moment and the thread is full of justification because money has been wasted elsewhere,couldnt make it up. "

I don't recall you starting a thread about the waste of £100m of your money on Energy Solutions, or £10m on Serco, because of public sector incompetence. But £500k has you frothing at the mouth. How peculiar.

In the time it has taken me to write this, a lot more than 500k has been wasted on interest to service the national debt.

The national debt is rising at a rate of £310,000 per minute.

Cardiff Bay

Typical

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that sexual harassment isn't important to me?

That's pretty left field thinking, even for someone who believes that water boils at 23 degrees centigrade. "

Ok dude if your ok with it that’s fine, just want to make it clear I’m against it ,, each to there own I guess

Typical

That's pretty left field thinking, even for someone who believes that water boils at 23 degrees centigrade.

Ok dude if your ok with it that’s fine, just want to make it clear I’m against it ,, each to there own I guess "

Okay well if the design of cat flaps isn't important to you then fair enough.

If you're ok with it that's fine.

Each to their own I guess.

near ipswich

"The scottish government fucked up big time on their rules and has cost them 1/2 mil at the moment and the thread is full of justification because money has been wasted elsewhere,couldnt make it up.

I don't recall you starting a thread about the waste of £100m of your money on Energy Solutions, or £10m on Serco, because of public sector incompetence. But £500k has you frothing at the mouth. How peculiar.

In the time it has taken me to write this, a lot more than 500k has been wasted on interest to service the national debt.

The national debt is rising at a rate of £310,000 per minute."

no i leave that to you.

Cardiff Bay

Typical

Ok dude if your ok with it that’s fine, just want to make it clear I’m against it ,, each to there own I guess

Each to their own I guess."

Yep I’m not fussed about cat flaps to be fair

So your ok with sexual harassment and cat flap design are important to you. Ok mate fair enough wow

Typical

So your ok with sexual harassment and cat flap design are important to you. Ok mate fair enough wow"

So you're completely okay with bombing cat flap factories. Okay, whatever. Most people wouldn't be behind that. But whatever.

Okay let's nip this one in the bud.

I was making fun of you for coming out of nowhere are accusing me of being okay with sexual assault.

But let's be clear. It's not cool to go around accusing people of thinking that sexual assault is okay for no reason. It's ridiculous. Stop doing it.

Cardiff Bay

Typical

So your ok with sexual harassment and cat flap design are important to you. Ok mate fair enough wow

So you're completely okay with bombing cat flap factories. Okay, whatever. Most people wouldn't be behind that. But whatever. "

I’ve know interest in cat flap design no, bombing anything is a bad ,, so even though your ok with sexual harassment at least your against bombing

Typical

So you're completely okay with bombing cat flap factories. Okay, whatever. Most people wouldn't be behind that. But whatever.

I’ve know interest in cat flap design no, bombing anything is a bad ,, so even though your ok with sexual harassment at least your against bombing "

let's be clear. It's not cool to go around accusing people of thinking that sexual assault is okay for no reason. It's ridiculous. Stop doing it.

Cardiff Bay

Typical

I’ve know interest in cat flap design no, bombing anything is a bad ,, so even though your ok with sexual harassment at least your against bombing

let's be clear. It's not cool to go around accusing people of thinking that sexual assault is okay for no reason. It's ridiculous. Stop doing it."

But you don’t condemn it ,, ok mate great all clear

Bristol East

"Okay let's nip this one in the bud.

I was making fun of you for coming out of nowhere are accusing me of being okay with sexual assault.

But let's be clear. It's not cool to go around accusing people of thinking that sexual assault is okay for no reason. It's ridiculous. Stop doing it.

"

Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Variously, I am a supporter of child sex abuse and sympathetic to terrorism, apparently.

A complete amateur at straw man tactics.

Cardiff Bay

"Okay let's nip this one in the bud.

Don't worry, you're not the only one.

Variously, I am a supporter of child sex abuse and sympathetic to terrorism, apparently.

A complete amateur at straw man tactics.

"

I honestly hope your not but I was only going on what you wrote

Maybe you made a mistake in what you wrote, either way I genuinely hope your not

» Add a new message to this topic