FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Hereby ordered ...

Hereby ordered ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *V-Alice OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Apparently, Donald Trump tweeted:

"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China."

If that's true, I think he overestimates the extent of his powers. Certainly, he doesn't understand how international trade works.

Nor does he understand China. It has all the national pride the USA has and is also a police state; its people will bear far more financial hardship (willingly or not), in a trade war, than Americans will be prepared to.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Trump thought he would start a trade war in order to balance the deficit between the two countries.

It's had the opposite effect.

US consumers are still buying as much stuff from China as ever.

Whereas China has reduced its purchases from the US and is now sourcing from suppliers in Europe and Asia.

So the trade deficit, instead of narrowing, has widened.

Trump's tweet reads like something a dictator would come out with.

By *retty GoodMan  over a year ago

Cardiff Bay

"Trump thought he would start a trade war in order to balance the deficit between the two countries.

Whereas China has reduced its purchases from the US and is now sourcing from suppliers in Europe and Asia.

"

Yeah think his words are poorly chosen as usual.

But would you want your leader to stand up to people/country that are ripping off your own country ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

As long as Americans buy Chinese goods all the tariffs in the world will make no difference

Trying to force American firms to pull out of China and return to the states will send most of them to the wall (not his wall)

"Trump thought he would start a trade war in order to balance the deficit between the two countries.

But would you want your leader to stand up to people/country that are ripping off your own country ? "

Standing up for abstract concepts like national pride and a belief that you're helping others, is very different and far easier than actually doing things that even improve people's lives by 1%.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

But would you want your leader to stand up to people/country that are ripping off your own country ? "

How are Chinese people “ripping off” the United States? If they truly are “ripping off” copyrights and patents then the answer to that is in Court. I would want our leader to simply ensure that the Government of this country establish a society that is good to live in, is fair and is a place that attracts business and innovation.

Trade wars have never worked and they won’t work this time. If Trump fails in 2020 it will be because he tried to “win” a trade war against all economic advice simply because he has “believed” for years that only he knew what the problem was with the US trade deficit with China. Other more experienced minds might argue that accepting that China and America have different demographics, an intelligent trade deal might benefit the very particular demographic differences of both superpowers. But no, Donald thinks he knows better.

Cardiff Bay

But would you want your leader to stand up to people/country that are ripping off your own country ?

How are Chinese people “ripping off” the United States? If they truly are “ripping off” copyrights and patents then the answer to that is in Court. I would want our leader to simply ensure that the Government of this country establish a society that is good to live in, is fair and is a place that attracts business and innovation.

Trade wars have never worked and they won’t work this time. If Trump fails in 2020 it will be because he tried to “win” a trade war against all economic advice simply because he has “believed” for years that only he knew what the problem was with the US trade deficit with China. Other more experienced minds might argue that accepting that China and America have different demographics, an intelligent trade deal might benefit the very particular demographic differences of both superpowers. But no, Donald thinks he knows better."

Well I can tell you only read ( maybe ) the stuff from biased news ,, typical

North West

Trade wars have never worked and they won’t work this time. If Trump fails in 2020 it will be because he tried to “win” a trade war against all economic advice simply because he has “believed” for years that only he knew what the problem was with the US trade deficit with China. Other more experienced minds might argue that accepting that China and America have different demographics, an intelligent trade deal might benefit the very particular demographic differences of both superpowers. But no, Donald thinks he knows better.

Well I can tell you only read ( maybe ) the stuff from biased news ,, typical"

Well I do have opinions that are formed and can change according to what is actually going on in the world. It appears that you don’t have any opinions other than criticising people. Correct me if I am wrong, but you made an assertion that it is about the leader standing up to people ripping his people off.

I offered an opinion that (again) you cant counter so you get personal (again).

You certainly follow the same pattern - on virtually every thread.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Trade wars have never worked and they won’t work this time. If Trump fails in 2020 it will be because he tried to “win” a trade war against all economic advice simply because he has “believed” for years that only he knew what the problem was with the US trade deficit with China. Other more experienced minds might argue that accepting that China and America have different demographics, an intelligent trade deal might benefit the very particular demographic differences of both superpowers. But no, Donald thinks he knows better."

Chinese companies have, for years, bought, dismantled, copied and then sold, hundreds and thousands of items, from the Range Rover vehicle, through clothes, to Swiss watches etc.

One company decided to try and sue because the motorbike the Chinese were selling was a direct, perfect copy of theirs, in fact the only change was the name on the tank, by one letter!

The Chinese government backed their own company, and basically told the American court to go fuck themselves.

Saw an article somewhere, quite some time ago, which reckoned that, as a rough estimate, Chinese companies were responsible for about 70% of fakes sold around the world.

North West

Chinese companies have, for years, bought, dismantled, copied and then sold, hundreds and thousands of items, from the Range Rover vehicle, through clothes, to Swiss watches etc.

One company decided to try and sue because the motorbike the Chinese were selling was a direct, perfect copy of theirs, in fact the only change was the name on the tank, by one letter!

The Chinese government backed their own company, and basically told the American court to go fuck themselves.

Saw an article somewhere, quite some time ago, which reckoned that, as a rough estimate, Chinese companies were responsible for about 70% of fakes sold around the world."

Honda did the same thing, followed by Yamaha and Suzuki. So did Datsun (now Nissan). Most fake merchandise (clothing) now comes from Bangladesh and the sub continent as opposed to China. This kind of stuff has been going on for years all over the world. I worked in Russia for a while once and I met a “businessman” who translated popular books into Russian and had people sell them in markets all across Russia. He truly believed that his business was legitimate.

The point being is that the poster was not alluding to fakes and copies - the Chinese Govt can say what they want but ultimately they can’t get away with copying patents and copyrights for ever - frustrating though it is for the actual licensee. The poster was falsely equating a trade deficit with being ripped off. Trump is not engaged in a trade war over copyrights and licenses - he is in a trade war because he thinks the current trade deficit is a loss.

Cardiff Bay

Well I can tell you only read ( maybe ) the stuff from biased news ,, typical

Well I do have opinions that are formed and can change according to what is actually going on in the world. It appears that you don’t have any opinions other than criticising people. Correct me if I am wrong, but you made an assertion that it is about the leader standing up to people ripping his people off.

I offered an opinion that (again) you cant counter so you get personal (again).

You certainly follow the same pattern - on virtually every thread."

Not sure how I got personal there, maybe your a little sensitive

Anyway couple of articles for you on why trump is making a stand against China and taking a huge risk for re election for the good of his people and country

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/long-reads/article/2170132/how-chinas-rampant-intellectual-property-theft

https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/Section%20301%20FINAL.PDF

https://ustr.gov/about-us/policy-offices/press-office/press-releases/2019/august/ustr-statement-section-301-tariff

Cardiff Bay

??? You’ve gone quiet _oo hot ???

"??? You’ve gone quiet _oo hot ???"

I guess you had to post again to get your usual moan in.

Cardiff Bay

"??? You’ve gone quiet _oo hot ???

I guess you had to post again to get your usual moan in. "

Not sure you understand the meaning of moaning

Saw an article somewhere, quite some time ago, which reckoned that, as a rough estimate, Chinese companies were responsible for about 70% of fakes sold around the world.

Honda did the same thing, followed by Yamaha and Suzuki. So did Datsun (now Nissan). Most fake merchandise (clothing) now comes from Bangladesh and the sub continent as opposed to China. This kind of stuff has been going on for years all over the world. I worked in Russia for a while once and I met a “businessman” who translated popular books into Russian and had people sell them in markets all across Russia. He truly believed that his business was legitimate.

The point being is that the poster was not alluding to fakes and copies - the Chinese Govt can say what they want but ultimately they can’t get away with copying patents and copyrights for ever - frustrating though it is for the actual licensee. The poster was falsely equating a trade deficit with being ripped off. Trump is not engaged in a trade war over copyrights and licenses - he is in a trade war because he thinks the current trade deficit is a loss."

I thought Trump was trying to amend both the deficit and copyright fakes.

The biggest rip off the Chinese do is manipulation of they're currency followed closely by manipulation of there trade data it's been going on for decades and given them huge advantages in export.

Trump has now tried to follow them by tweeting he wants a rate cut to weaken the US dollar, this is a manipulation of free markets and how there supposed to work.

The point being is that the poster was not alluding to fakes and copies - the Chinese Govt can say what they want but ultimately they can’t get away with copying patents and copyrights for ever - frustrating though it is for the actual licensee. The poster was falsely equating a trade deficit with being ripped off. Trump is not engaged in a trade war over copyrights and licenses - he is in a trade war because he thinks the current trade deficit is a loss."

That is horse shit, the Japanese never copied anything, they took a product and improved it and made it cheaper and better by using intellect and productivity gains.

The Chinese or any Chinese company have invented anything notable in 100 years, all they did is use communism to make things really cheap while manipulating they're own currency, if the yuan had a true market price we'd all be buying alot less off them

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I hereby order more of your sexual pleasing of others

Cardiff Bay

The point being is that the poster was not alluding to fakes and copies - the Chinese Govt can say what they want but ultimately they can’t get away with copying patents and copyrights for ever - frustrating though it is for the actual licensee. The poster was falsely equating a trade deficit with being ripped off. Trump is not engaged in a trade war over copyrights and licenses - he is in a trade war because he thinks the current trade deficit is a loss..

That is horse shit, the Japanese never copied anything, they took a product and improved it and made it cheaper and better by using intellect and productivity gains.

The Chinese or any Chinese company have invented anything notable in 100 years, all they did is use communism to make things really cheap while manipulating they're own currency, if the yuan had a true market price we'd all be buying alot less off them"

Well said

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

The point being is that the poster was not alluding to fakes and copies - the Chinese Govt can say what they want but ultimately they can’t get away with copying patents and copyrights for ever - frustrating though it is for the actual licensee. The poster was falsely equating a trade deficit with being ripped off. Trump is not engaged in a trade war over copyrights and licenses - he is in a trade war because he thinks the current trade deficit is a loss..

The Chinese or any Chinese company have invented anything notable in 100 years, all they did is use communism to make things really cheap while manipulating they're own currency, if the yuan had a true market price we'd all be buying alot less off them

Well said"

For the last ten years or more, the chinese have been designing and making better computer microsystems than anybody else in the world (not the CPU core, that still belongs to Intel, AMD and ARM, but everything else that goes around them. Though many of those those intel, amd, arm cpus are being made in the chinese microchip fabrication plants). They have invested more into technology than any american company. A fabrication plant for the latest generation of microchips is a multi-billion pound investment, there's maybe two companies in the west that can afford that investment. And the next generation of chips will need fabrication plants that can only be afforded by the biggest nations, not by any single company. This is why they are outstripping the rest of the world in phones, 5G, motherboards, cameras, nuclear power, god only knows what else. Nothing to do with "copying stuff".

Cardiff Bay

New big trade deal agreed in principle with Japan to be signed soon, and now China on the phone wanted to come back to the table to further discuss a trade agreement

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"and now China on the phone wanted to come back to the table to further discuss a trade agreement "

Not according to China.

Now who do you think is telling the truth the man who has lied over 10,000 proven times since coming to office or the Chinese?

Well said

For the last ten years or more, the chinese have been designing and making better computer microsystems than anybody else in the world (not the CPU core, that still belongs to Intel, AMD and ARM, but everything else that goes around them. Though many of those those intel, amd, arm cpus are being made in the chinese microchip fabrication plants). They have invested more into technology than any american company. A fabrication plant for the latest generation of microchips is a multi-billion pound investment, there's maybe two companies in the west that can afford that investment. And the next generation of chips will need fabrication plants that can only be afforded by the biggest nations, not by any single company. This is why they are outstripping the rest of the world in phones, 5G, motherboards, cameras, nuclear power, god only knows what else. Nothing to do with "copying stuff"."

Your just plain wrong, 5g wireless technology is dominated by American companies, mobile phones are dominated by Samsung and Apple, camera technology is dominated by the Japanese and Americans, motherboards are dominated by American and South Korean companies, South Korea was the first county to run 5g using Ericsson Samsung and Nokia none of which are Chinese (all made in China for one big reason which is China hold 95% of rare earth production) and last but not least the French dominate nuclear power hence why the Chinese are building are plant and the French are building the fucking technology bit called the reactor, the Chinese I grant you have just sent a rover to the moon 60 years after the Americans sent 11 men and five years after the Americans sent a rover to Mars oh and they build an awful lot of solar panels which are ten year old German patents because the Germans and the Swiss are leaders in fusion technology but yeah your right those Chinese marvels are just leading the world with they're patents, I bet you could name a dozen off the tip of your tongue

» Add a new message to this topic