FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brazil

Brazil

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Please do not give any foreign aid to the corrupt government as not a penny will go to the amazon x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nobody is donating money to the government.

People are asking to donate to non profit global organizations.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Please dont give money to an NGO, as they are destroying the planet.

Jeff bezos has enough money without me donating more

"Please do not give any foreign aid to the corrupt government as not a penny will go to the amazon x"

Let me qualify.

Is that "The Amazon"

or "Amazon"

?

"Please do not give any foreign aid to the corrupt government as not a penny will go to the amazon x"

Oh, sorry, wrong post. I meant to reply to some post about Boris Johnson's government....

Pleas forgive me, I noticed the words government and corrupt in the same sentence.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I agree,what should happen is because the planet is at stake the United Nations should send in an international army to put the fires out,arrest the leader and put him on trial for planetry homicide.

“Planetary homicide”

You win the internet today..

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

"Please do not give any foreign aid to the corrupt government as not a penny will go to the amazon xI agree,what should happen is because the planet is at stake the United Nations should send in an international army to put the fires out,arrest the leader and put him on trial for planetry homicide."

I thought you were all for sovereignty?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Please do not give any foreign aid to the corrupt government as not a penny will go to the amazon xI agree,what should happen is because the planet is at stake the United Nations should send in an international army to put the fires out,arrest the leader and put him on trial for planetry homicide.

"

There are allways exeptions like when nasty people try to destroy the planet by there own greed

"Please do not give any foreign aid to the corrupt government as not a penny will go to the amazon xI agree,what should happen is because the planet is at stake the United Nations should send in an international army to put the fires out,arrest the leader and put him on trial for planetry homicide.

There are allways exeptions like when nasty people try to destroy the planet by there own greed"

Sounds not too dissimilar to Brexit

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Please do not give any foreign aid to the corrupt government as not a penny will go to the amazon xI agree,what should happen is because the planet is at stake the United Nations should send in an international army to put the fires out,arrest the leader and put him on trial for planetry homicide."

The fires have been much worse in previous years, I'm not quite sure why the media has got all worked about it this year. Coincidence that they have a right wing President this year that provides the press with a handy bogey man. The surrounding countries burning their parts of Amazonia don't seem to be getting their share of the blame either.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Brazil central government has been refusing to let their environment/local response services attend to known areas of damage or planned deliberate destruction. Coordinated attacks upon the rainforest and land, including pushing local tribes out and hurting them, have highlighted the official pursuits of ensuring this destruction happens. Since this leader arrived, he has cultivated support for greater damage and reduced controls and protection.

Bristol East

"

There are allways exeptions like when nasty people try to destroy the planet by there own greed"

If you accept sovereignty - and you seem to believe in it - then you'll also accept that the rainforest is sovereign territory of Brazil.

As such, Brazil has the right to decide whether to exploit or protect it.

If the rest of the world thinks it is important to preserve the rainforest - and I do - then it needs to negotiate an agreement with Brazil.

Oxygen is Brazil's biggest export and none of us pay a penny for it.

Bristol East

And before you think about invading Brazil, think about this.

UK carbon pollution of the atmosphere today is the same as it was in 1894.

We have been pumping shit into the air for 150 + years, without giving a single f*ck about the rest of the world.

Tonbridge

"And before you think about invading Brazil, think about this.

UK carbon pollution of the atmosphere today is the same as it was in 1894.

We have been pumping shit into the air for 150 + years, without giving a single f*ck about the rest of the world.

"

And look at how much better, healthier and longer our lives are because of it. Or would you prefer to party like it was 1894?

Bristol East

Which is probably the same argument being played out in Brazil right now about the commercial development of the rain forest.

Tonbridge

"Which is probably the same argument being played out in Brazil right now about the commercial development of the rain forest."

I'm sorry, are you saying we would be better off without all the progress we've made in the last 100+ years?

"Which is probably the same argument being played out in Brazil right now about the commercial development of the rain forest.

I'm sorry, are you saying we would be better off without all the progress we've made in the last 100+ years?"

Chernobyl is a great example of how industrial progress can create one of the most bio diverse zones in Europe .

Remove humanity from the equation and nature thrives.

We should have more human free zones like Chernobyl.

Bristol East

Not at all.

I'm making the argument that countries like the UK have made huge economic and social progress at a cost to the environment.

Brazil wants to do the same.

The way I see it is that the rainforest is Brazil’s biggest resource so why are they not made caretakers of it?

Countries needs to prosper in one way or another so maybe they should be paid to look after the forests instead of clearing it to raise beef, surely we have enough beef producers around the world ?

Anyways I thought we were supposed to be looking at more plant based foods and solutions to meat ?

I know we have fuckwit deniers out there in charge of some of the most powerful countries but some things will never change

Brazil will keep on going as long as there is a market for beef ect so if it was just as profitable to not cut down the trees and replant then it’s got to be good for everyone

Tonbridge

"Which is probably the same argument being played out in Brazil right now about the commercial development of the rain forest.

I'm sorry, are you saying we would be better off without all the progress we've made in the last 100+ years?

Chernobyl is a great example of how industrial progress can create one of the most bio diverse zones in Europe .

Remove humanity from the equation and nature thrives.

We should have more human free zones like Chernobyl. "

Humans are the what it is all about, humans are what matter. What is the point of planet earth without humans. It's all about us!

Tonbridge

"Not at all.

I'm making the argument that countries like the UK have made huge economic and social progress at a cost to the environment.

"

I say let them develop, if you think a couple of acres of rainforest provide your lungs with oxygen then buy a bit of it and then you can sit back and breathe easy.

Bristol East

"Not at all.

I say let them develop, if you think a couple of acres of rainforest provide your lungs with oxygen then buy a bit of it and then you can sit back and breathe easy."

We have gone round in a circle.

That was my response to Emma.

Brazil is sovereign territory.

If the rest of the world wants Brazil to preserve the Amazon, it needs to reach an agreement with Brazil that provides them with a better return than mineral extraction or cattle grazing or whatever.

Tonbridge

Since CO2 is a plant fertilizer, the rising levels of CO2 have caused a greening of the planet over the last 35 years which will have more than offset the small losses from the Amazon.

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

"Since CO2 is a plant fertilizer, the rising levels of CO2 have caused a greening of the planet over the last 35 years which will have more than offset the small losses from the Amazon."

The offset doesn't account for the habitat that is home for the animals that can only live within that eco system. Me planting a tree in the garden isn't going to save a parrot in the Amazon lol

Tonbridge

"Since CO2 is a plant fertilizer, the rising levels of CO2 have caused a greening of the planet over the last 35 years which will have more than offset the small losses from the Amazon.

The offset doesn't account for the habitat that is home for the animals that can only live within that eco system. Me planting a tree in the garden isn't going to save a parrot in the Amazon lol"

To be honest, I'm not particularly worried about parrots in Brazil having a few less trees to perch in. I've never seen one and probably never will. We've chopped a large part of the forests down that used to cover england and we still have enough birds left for our domestic cats to eat.

glasgow

Yea but have you seen the seagulls attacking people on the news. They cats need the trees to pounce down on them dam birds. No trees are keeping our firemen from rescuing cats or putting out forest fires. Help a fireman out and plant a tree

Bristol East

The EU pays land-owners here to manage habitat for environmental reasons.

What's the difference?

One in five atoms of oxygen we breathe are exported from Brazil - for free.

The rest of the world needs to think about paying Brazil to manage its habitat.

Tonbridge

"The EU pays land-owners here to manage habitat for environmental reasons.

What's the difference?

"

But after they burn it they don't concrete it over, they plant stuff that grows and produces oxygen, so no loss.

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 30/08/19 16:34:47]

glasgow

What's the difference?

But after they burn it they don't concrete it over, they plant stuff that grows and produces oxygen, so no loss."

It's not about the o2 is the biodiversity of they ecosystems and wildlife.

O2 is fine as we still got our phytoplankton and the state of my next door neighbors hedge will be doing its bit for the o2 count.

We invade countries for oil so why not invade to save the trees

What's the difference?

But after they burn it they don't concrete it over, they plant stuff that grows and produces oxygen, so no loss.

O2 is fine as we still got our phytoplankton and the state of my next door neighbors hedge will be doing its bit for the o2 count.

"

I’m all up for sending in the bombers and seed bombing.Aerial reforestation is a viable technique .

Thailand uses this technology .Theyve used military jets to drop up to a million seed bombs a day to reforest..

Tonbridge

What's the difference?

"

If you fly anywhere in an aeroplane you can see how much of the planet is covered in green, even in the crowded south east of England. Don't deny the Brazilians the chance to farm a little of their land and earn some money to feed and educate their children. Don't say we should pay them not to farm because that is as unproductive as it gets. Imagine if we paid all farmers not to farm, what would we eat.

glasgow

What's the difference?

If you fly anywhere in an aeroplane you can see how much of the planet is covered in green, even in the crowded south east of England. Don't deny the Brazilians the chance to farm a little of their land and earn some money to feed and educate their children. Don't say we should pay them not to farm because that is as unproductive as it gets. Imagine if we paid all farmers not to farm, what would we eat."

That's kinda cool

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

What's the difference?

If you fly anywhere in an aeroplane you can see how much of the planet is covered in green, even in the crowded south east of England. Don't deny the Brazilians the chance to farm a little of their land and earn some money to feed and educate their children. Don't say we should pay them not to farm because that is as unproductive as it gets. Imagine if we paid all farmers not to farm, what would we eat."

The eu pays lots of farmers not to farm.

Bristol East

Yes, I think that is true.

Set-aside or something it's called.

» Add a new message to this topic