FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Fall back planning for anti-no dealers/remainers

Fall back planning for anti-no dealers/remainers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So with Johnson having secured the right to prorogue parliament, is there anything those not aligned with him can do to jam a stick in the bike sports so to speak?

If so, is this his plan?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Yes, sack him.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

yes.... but in effect this move by johnson basically moves up the schedule....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Apparently the EU are looking into article 7?! Which was designed to make sure that no member countries could undermine democracy.

Maybe something will come of it.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Apparently the EU are looking into article 7?! Which was designed to make sure that no member countries could undermine democracy.

Maybe something will come of it."

As human rights are being violated?

Bristol East

No, it's the same issue being raised in the context of Poland and Hungary.

That member states are behaving in a way that runs contrary to the founding principles of the treaty of union.

Suspension of national democracy is not compatible with the commitments entered into by member states, it is argued.

Scarcely believable that the UK has gone from being a model for democracy to one subject to this kind of petition.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are potential legal challenges that can be followed, including one underway in Scotland I think, for this Friday. Gina Miller has spoken recently upon making a legal challenge in England too. Other parties may engage in this way.

The opposition parties were apparently to implement legal amendments before October 31, that would have potentially ensured that a no deal departure could not continue. These may still be feasible, subject to getting time in parliament. Otherwise, there is still the potential to have a vote of no confidence, which would entail a new leader - which would typically be the leader of the opposition, until an election result was obtained.

I think those may be the main options available.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

"Apparently the EU are looking into article 7?! Which was designed to make sure that no member countries could undermine democracy.

Maybe something will come of it.

As human rights are being violated?

"

It is meant to protect a countries balances and checks. It is specifically meant to stop a new president grabbing power from a cabinet, or a parliament or judges etc. Tactics used by countries like Turkey to install dictators.

It may not be a breech of human rights, but it usually leads to breeches of human rights. For example poland tried to take control of judges and article 7 was used against them. The goverment having total control of judges for example, could still result in fair trials, no breech of human rights, but it would more than likely breech peoples human rights.

My feeling is its borderline as Parliment will have an opportunity to do what they have to, just a reduced one.

here

I think the Eu should be concentrating on preparations for the uk exiting without an agreement.

"I think the Eu should be concentrating on preparations for the uk exiting without an agreement. "

You think they should give up on the British people? We're still in the EU and they're entitled to fight for us still.

They're way far ahead with prep than we are.

here

"I think the Eu should be concentrating on preparations for the uk exiting without an agreement.

You think they should give up on the British people? We're still in the EU and they're entitled to fight for us still.

They're way far ahead with prep than we are."

No they are not

"I think the Eu should be concentrating on preparations for the uk exiting without an agreement.

No they are not "

Why are you worried about that?

The UK is cruising to the most damaging brexit possible. All for the benefit of a few individuals. We've got enough to be contemplating.

here

No they are not

The UK is cruising to the most damaging brexit possible. All for the benefit of a few individuals. We've got enough to be contemplating."

Thanks for agreeing/highlighting my point.

There is more than enough to contemplate.

No they are not

The UK is cruising to the most damaging brexit possible. All for the benefit of a few individuals. We've got enough to be contemplating.

There is more than enough to contemplate."

That's not what you said at all.

You suggested that the EU should worry about no deal prep instead of trying to help the British citizens, who for the time being are still EU citizens. The Tories are supposed to wait until we're out of the EU before they start treating us as a general annoyance / money making scheme.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I'm sure Gina Miller will be along any moment now.......

here

No they are not

You suggested that the EU should worry about no deal prep instead of trying to help the British citizens, who for the time being are still EU citizens. The Tories are supposed to wait until we're out of the EU before they start treating us as a general annoyance / money making scheme."

What will article 7 achieve?

No they are not

You suggested that the EU should worry about no deal prep instead of trying to help the British citizens, who for the time being are still EU citizens. The Tories are supposed to wait until we're out of the EU before they start treating us as a general annoyance / money making scheme.

What will article 7 achieve?"

I don't think it will achieve anything. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't try!

If they can stop Boris from taking UK to the most damaging no deal brexit by suspending parliament. That would be a good thing surely?

here

No they are not

I don't think it will achieve anything. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't try!

If they can stop Boris from taking UK to the most damaging no deal brexit by suspending parliament. That would be a good thing surely?"

Won’t achieve anything ?? So unnecessary bureaucracy then ..

And you’re suggesting the Eu should be interfering in a member states constitutional matters ?

No they are not

If they can stop Boris from taking UK to the most damaging no deal brexit by suspending parliament. That would be a good thing surely?

And you’re suggesting the Eu should be interfering in a member states constitutional matters ?"

It's not bureaucracy. It's the EU attempting to protect democracy in one of its member states. For the good of the citizens.

It's not a constitutional matter. It's a parliamentary and democratic matter.

I'm only speculating that it won't achieve anything.

Why do you seem so against it? Do you think it's appropriate for Boris Johnson to suspend parliament so he can try to force a hard brexit for him and his buddies benefit at the expense of the rest of the country?

here

No they are not

And you’re suggesting the Eu should be interfering in a member states constitutional matters ?

It's not bureaucracy. It's the EU attempting to protect democracy in one of its member states. For the good of the citizens.

Why do you seem so against it? Do you think it's appropriate for Boris Johnson to suspend parliament so he can try to force a hard brexit for him and his buddies benefit at the expense of the rest of the country?"

How exactly will boris and his buddies benefit from an exit without agreement?

I’m not against it . It is the lesser of 2 evils - I feel more comfortable with this one .

Bristol East

"I think the Eu should be concentrating on preparations for the uk exiting without an agreement. "

This isn't the EU. This is MEPs asking if there is a case to answer.

Bristol East

"I'm sure Gina Miller will be along any moment now....... "

Yes, she is seeking judicial review in the English courts.

Similar case already started in the Scottish courts.

Both now likely to be fast-tracked to the Supreme Court.

The Queen's decision cannot be challenged, but the advice she received can be ruled unlawful.

"

"

I'm not sure where you've been for the last three years.

I mean, we all know the reasons for brexit and who will benefit don't we?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Maybe something will come of it."

irrevilent as we are about to leave

By *hongguyMan  over a year ago

dewsbury

get the fuck out as soon as possible its a democratic vote fucking remoaners fuck em get out even the queen wants out ffs

upton wirral

"

"

No but you think invent these things to justify your nasty attitudes

By *hongguyMan  over a year ago

dewsbury

cant remember voting for a deal it said leave or fucking stay the majority said lewave so get the fuck on with it boris or no point in voting ever again

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"

"

yes the uk.

here

This isn't the EU. This is MEPs asking if there is a case to answer.

"

Not the Eu? So just a few MEPs asking if there is a case ... which MEPs ?

So the process will not start properly unless it is brought forward by European Parliament, European commission or by a third of member states

here

"

"

You just made it sound as if Boris and his buddies will directly benefit from a withdrawal without an agreement - so I asked you just how they will actually benefit .

"

You just made it sound as if Boris and his buddies will directly benefit from a withdrawal without an agreement - so I asked you just how they will actually benefit .

"

He will have completed Brexit, even if it's the most damaging of Brexit and he'll then have a GE to cement himself in power for 5 years and blame every fucker else if Brexits really damaging.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

No they are not

Why do you seem so against it? Do you think it's appropriate for Boris Johnson to suspend parliament so he can try to force a hard brexit for him and his buddies benefit at the expense of the rest of the country?"

When will people stop picking and choosing when they want a democratic solution to this?

We had a vote, we voted out.

The EU made its case plain when it said it would "punish" us for daring to think we could leave, and went all out to give us the worst deal possible.

The Parliament (democratically) voted the deal down 3 times... so now the government will take us out of the EU, with a better deal, or without if the EU decides to play hardball, this being the democratic will of the people of the UK.

Democracy in action.

Boris has decided to stop Corbyn and the other twats stitching together some sort of anti-democratic deal to stop us leaving, by limiting the damage they can do, which is within his democratic remit.

if you are an SNP, Labour, LibDem or Green voter, you are the ones who should feel aggrieved about the lack of democracy... Corbyn doesn't have a clue which way to turn, he's a lifelong anti-EU politician, but now has decided to be neutral to avoid annoying Labour voters who voted out, the SNP are hell-bent on breaking away from the UK and will back anyone who hints that they might have a chance, the LibDems leader has said publicly that, if she ever got into power, she would hold another referendum, and IGNORE another leave vote, if it went that way...and the Greens, they have a leader who wanted an "alternative" government "for everyone" but only invited white women to be in the cabinet.

Like it or not, we voted democratically to leave the EU, and Boris is trying to do that, lets let history judge if he does the right thing.

here

"

He will have completed Brexit, even if it's the most damaging of Brexit and he'll then have a GE to cement himself in power for 5 years and blame every fucker else if Brexits really damaging. "

So it’s not just a win for Boris and his buddies, the country gets a solid cemented government for 5 years for the next stage of brexit .

Win win

near ipswich

[Removed by poster at 28/08/19 22:42:44]

near ipswich

"

He will have completed Brexit, even if it's the most damaging of Brexit and he'll then have a GE to cement himself in power for 5 years and blame every fucker else if Brexits really damaging. "

so now you agree that its what the majority of the country want.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

The EU made its case plain when it said it would "punish" us for daring to think we could leave"

When was that said, and by who?

"cant remember voting for a deal it said leave or fucking stay the majority said lewave so get the fuck on with it boris or no point in voting ever again "

This thread is getting rediculous.

Maybe more people should have said lewave.

Love the rage though. - We said we wanted to ruin the country. Now get on and ruin it as badly as you can as quickly as you can, with swearing.

brecon

"

The EU made its case plain when it said it would "punish" us for daring to think we could leave

When was that said, and by who? "

Google "EU BREXIT quotes" and you will find it, cant remember who said it, but it was someone like Barnier.

"

"

Yes of course. Why do you need me to explain the point of brexit?

I mean what else is all this bullshit for? Why was so much effort put in to tricking people to vote for it?

here

"

I mean what else is all this bullshit for? Why was so much effort put in to tricking people to vote for it?

"

It’s ok, it’s been answered now .

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"

"

no trick! No effort. I never wanted us in the first time round. Nothings happened in that period to make me change my mind. Bring it on. Its time the stupidity stopped. We never went on like this first time. Respect the result this time just like we had to first off.

"

He will have completed Brexit, even if it's the most damaging of Brexit and he'll then have a GE to cement himself in power for 5 years and blame every fucker else if Brexits really damaging.

so now you agree that its what the majority of the country want."

I never said a no deal crash out is what the majority of the country wants did I ?

The majority of the voting public 3 years ago wanted to leave the EU and going by all the official leave rhetoric, leave was to leave with a deal better than we already have.

Saying the majority of the country wants a no deal Brexit can only be officially declared by a referendum with no deal as one option.

I was saying Boris would benefit from a no deal because he'd get Brexit over the line and would probably call an election before the consequences of a no deal Brexit really struck while he was still popular with leavers because Labour is fucked, Nigel Farage would be irrelevant so there wouldn't be any party to seriously challenge Boris.

I honestly thought all that was quite clear without pointing it all out but obviously not

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

No they are not

Why do you seem so against it? Do you think it's appropriate for Boris Johnson to suspend parliament so he can try to force a hard brexit for him and his buddies benefit at the expense of the rest of the country?

When will people stop picking and choosing when they want a democratic solution to this?

We had a vote, we voted out.

The EU made its case plain when it said it would "punish" us for daring to think we could leave, and went all out to give us the worst deal possible.

The Parliament (democratically) voted the deal down 3 times... so now the government will take us out of the EU, with a better deal, or without if the EU decides to play hardball, this being the democratic will of the people of the UK.

Democracy in action.

Boris has decided to stop Corbyn and the other twats stitching together some sort of anti-democratic deal to stop us leaving, by limiting the damage they can do, which is within his democratic remit.

if you are an SNP, Labour, LibDem or Green voter, you are the ones who should feel aggrieved about the lack of democracy... Corbyn doesn't have a clue which way to turn, he's a lifelong anti-EU politician, but now has decided to be neutral to avoid annoying Labour voters who voted out, the SNP are hell-bent on breaking away from the UK and will back anyone who hints that they might have a chance, the LibDems leader has said publicly that, if she ever got into power, she would hold another referendum, and IGNORE another leave vote, if it went that way...and the Greens, they have a leader who wanted an "alternative" government "for everyone" but only invited white women to be in the cabinet.

Like it or not, we voted democratically to leave the EU, and Boris is trying to do that, lets let history judge if he does the right thing."

Not according to the Electoral Commission which found fundamental flaws in both the financing and running of the leave campaign and the law courts which have said clearly that if a general election had been run in a similar way to the referendum it would have been declared null and void.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"

The EU made its case plain when it said it would "punish" us for daring to think we could leave

When was that said, and by who? "

It never was said. Just another Leave lie.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"get the fuck out as soon as possible its a democratic vote fucking remoaners fuck em get out even the queen wants out ffs

"

Except that it's not! The referendum was specifically for an exit, where the UK would leave having an agreed deal - leaving without any deal was specifically and emphatically excluded by those who campaigned to leave. Getting a good deal was assured to us as incredibly easy. There's a huge difference between leaving with a good or any deal versus leaving without one. 3 years down the line, the government and citizens are also much more informed about the consequences - we've also had 3 years, at huge cost to us all, without even leaving. Opinions and needs change over time: democracies are built around that, hence having ongoing input from citizens that indicate our needs.

"

It never was said. Just another Leave lie.

"

"

Former ministers from several European countries warn of possible consequences of Brexit – including moving EU’s financial centre from London

The Polish former deputy prime minister Leszek Balcerowicz said Britain would be used as example. “We should not encourage other populist forces campaigning on exit such as National Front in France or Podemos in Spain. This is a very important consideration. This is in the interests of Europe that we do not encourage other EU countries to leave. The common interest of remaining members is to deter other exits. This should have an impact on the terms Britain gets.”

"

There, that is what was said that leavers try and frame as threats to us.

Anyone with any common sense will understand that you'll never ever get better terms or the same terms if you leave a club than compared to staying in it but leavers spin and lie and try and convince others that the EU have said the UK should be punished.

It's just Brexit bullshit lies as normal

London

"

Google "EU BREXIT quotes" and you will find it, cant remember who said it, but it was someone like Barnier."

It's always great when people make claims and then are all 'oh I dunno, google it' when challenged on them. Almost like they don't actually know what they're talking about.

As far as I can tell no one from the EU ever said they were going to 'punish' the UK for leaving.

near ipswich

"

Google "EU BREXIT quotes" and you will find it, cant remember who said it, but it was someone like Barnier.

It's always great when people make claims and then are all 'oh I dunno, google it' when challenged on them. Almost like they don't actually know what they're talking about.

As far as I can tell no one from the EU ever said they were going to 'punish' the UK for leaving. "

yes get that from both sides,dont know about being punished but tusk did say there is a "special place in hell for brexiteers."Classy

Grantham

"

As far as I can tell no one from the EU ever said they were going to 'punish' the UK for leaving. "

Guy Verhofstadt said "we will shoot the UK in the foot".

A German MEP asked for the EU negotiation team "to stop punishing the UK"

"

As far as I can tell no one from the EU ever said they were going to 'punish' the UK for leaving. yes get that from both sides,dont know about being punished but tusk did say there is a "special place in hell for brexiteers."Classy "

Miss quote.

London

"

As far as I can tell no one from the EU ever said they were going to 'punish' the UK for leaving.

"

I can't find any source for that Verhofstadt quote other than that very honest and trustworthy 'journalist' Rod Liddle. You guys just believe whatever the likes of the Sun and Express tell you, don't you.

And a German MEP (unnamed, funny that) thinking the EU is being too harsh on negotiations is not the same as the EU telling the UK will be punished.

Bristol East

It is how media manipulation.

Someone, un-named, reckons the EU is trying to "punish" the UK.

(Doris, perhaps, tweeting from the Conservative club bar in Ramsgate).

Cue the banner headline in the Daily Express.

"OUTRAGE! Eurocrats want to 'punish' plucky Brits"

The impression is created.

And repeated in threads like this.

Result.

Grantham

"

I can't find any source for that Verhofstadt quote other than that very honest and trustworthy 'journalist' Rod Liddle. You guys just believe whatever the likes of the Sun and Express tell you, don't you.

And a German MEP (unnamed, funny that) thinking the EU is being too harsh on negotiations is not the same as the EU telling the UK will be punished."

The German MEP is Hans-Olaf Henkel, should you really require his name.

Brexit ..The greatest lie ever sold to the British people and still they lie.

Grantham

"

And a German MEP (unnamed, funny that) thinking the EU is being too harsh on negotiations is not the same as the EU telling the UK will be punished."

In July 2017, Han-Olaf Henkel, a senior German MEP said of the EU negatiation team "they want to punish Britain and make sure that no one else is leaving the EU"

It may just be opinion but factually it satisfies the criteria above that Remainers are trying to disprove.

Bristol East

One individual's opinion becomes transposed as the position of a third party.

Yep, manipulative and duplicitous.

Pretty much like the whole Brexit narrative.

London

"

And a German MEP (unnamed, funny that) thinking the EU is being too harsh on negotiations is not the same as the EU telling the UK will be punished.

In July 2017, Han-Olaf Henkel, a senior German MEP said of the EU negatiation team "they want to punish Britain and make sure that no one else is leaving the EU"

It may just be opinion but factually it satisfies the criteria above that Remainers are trying to disprove. "

This is desperate stuff.

You are trying to defend the notion that the EU has expressly said it is trying to 'punish' the UK.

You have given the opinion of one MEP about the EUs strategy, not the EUs stated position.

By this logic, everything an MP says about the attitudes and policies of the UK government must be true. Including the criticisms of Corbyn et al!

brecon

"

"JUNCKER'S REVENGE: We must PUNISH UK so no-one else will want to leave EU, blasts Eurocrat

EUROPEAN Union chief Jean-Claude Juncker said punishing the UK over Brexit negotiations would make sure no other countries want to leave the bloc.

By Rob Virtue

PUBLISHED: 13:54, Mon, Mar 20, 2017 | UPDATED: 17:07, Mon, Mar 20, 2017

Mr Juncker said such a brutal move would ensure the survival of the EU.

The Eurocrat also warned Prime Minister Theresa May she would have no option but to accept the EU’s demands once talks begin in the summer.

Asked by German newspaper Bild whether he was worried Britain was just the first nation to quit the troubled bloc, Mr Juncker replied: “No. Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving.”

He added: “On the contrary, the remaining member states will fall in love with each other again and renew their vows with the European Union.”

Jean-Claude JunckerREUTERS

Jean-Claude Juncker made a furious warning to Theresa May

The Eurocrat went on to say Britain would have to get used to life outside the EU.

He said: “Half memberships and cherry-picking aren't possible. In Europe you eat what's on the table or you don't sit at the table.”

"Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving"

Jean-Claude Juncker

Speaking about the future of post-Brexit Mr Juncker said: “They will all see from Britain’s example that leaving the EU is a bad idea.”

All direct quotes from Jean Carl Junker.

"

"JUNCKER'S REVENGE: We must PUNISH UK so no-one else will want to leave EU, blasts Eurocrat

EUROPEAN Union chief Jean-Claude Juncker said punishing the UK over Brexit negotiations would make sure no other countries want to leave the bloc.

By Rob Virtue

PUBLISHED: 13:54, Mon, Mar 20, 2017 | UPDATED: 17:07, Mon, Mar 20, 2017

Mr Juncker said such a brutal move would ensure the survival of the EU.

The Eurocrat also warned Prime Minister Theresa May she would have no option but to accept the EU’s demands once talks begin in the summer.

Asked by German newspaper Bild whether he was worried Britain was just the first nation to quit the troubled bloc, Mr Juncker replied: “No. Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving.”

He added: “On the contrary, the remaining member states will fall in love with each other again and renew their vows with the European Union.”

Jean-Claude JunckerREUTERS

Jean-Claude Juncker made a furious warning to Theresa May

The Eurocrat went on to say Britain would have to get used to life outside the EU.

He said: “Half memberships and cherry-picking aren't possible. In Europe you eat what's on the table or you don't sit at the table.”

"Britain's example will make everyone realise that it's not worth leaving"

Jean-Claude Juncker

Speaking about the future of post-Brexit Mr Juncker said: “They will all see from Britain’s example that leaving the EU is a bad idea.”

"

None of what he said is a threat.

He's right. Our example will put any other countries off leaving.

Rob Virtue writes for the Daily Express. If that's where you get your news from. There's no wonder why you're so angry and confused.

London

"

"

No direct quotes saying that the EU will 'punish' the UK though, are there?

That's the Expresses very deliberate spin on his pretty basics and factual quotes, which you've bought hook line and sinker.

Bristol East

Lolol I love this.

Rewind to 2016 and the ridiculous hubris of the Leave campaign.

"We'll get a better deal than we can as a member . . . easiest deal in history . . . they'll be falling over themselves to do a deal"

Anyone with half a brain could see through the bullshit.

Fast forward three years and what happened?

Ooops, that super-duper cake-and-eat-it prediction turned to gruel and grind.

Whose fault is that?

Can't possibly be attributable to the arrogance and exceptionalism of the little Englanders, can it?

No, of course not. It's that rotten EU, trying to put us down.

It's like watching the England football trot off to the World Cup finals, with the fans already sticking up on champagne for victory in the final.

Then when their team gets knocked out in the first round by Burkino Fasso, the fans go into meltdown and demand someone to blame.

It is all so predictable and peculiarly English.

Bristol East

Anyone who cites the Daily Express as an objective source of Brexit news . . . I'll be kind and just say it is not credible.

brecon

"Anyone who cites the Daily Express as an objective source of Brexit news . . . I'll be kind and just say it is not credible."

Ok, what news source IS without prejudice?

The Mail?

The Times?

The Guardian?

Maybe you would prefer a direct quote that can be attributable to Junker...

"The UK has shot themselves in the foot voting for Brexit, now we will shoot them in the other foot"

Doesn't sound like the language of a person looking to enter into negotiations for the benefit of both sides does it? More like the language of some street thug out to nick your wallet, rings and watch.

"Anyone who cites the Daily Express as an objective source of Brexit news . . . I'll be kind and just say it is not credible.

Ok, what news source IS without prejudice?

The Mail?

The Times?

The Guardian?

"The UK has shot themselves in the foot voting for Brexit, now we will shoot them in the other foot"

Doesn't sound like the language of a person looking to enter into negotiations for the benefit of both sides does it? More like the language of some street thug out to nick your wallet, rings and watch."

If only we were all on the same side and the EU were fighting on our behalf eh!

None of the news papers are any use. But the Express is just a joke publication.

Bristol East

"

Doesn't sound like the language of a person looking to enter into negotiations for the benefit of both sides does it? ."

Why on earth should the EU negotiate something that is in the interests of the UK, and vice versa?

Surely, you negotiate in your own interest?

Every single European leader has repeated the same message over and over again - the terms on offer will be less advantageous than the terms of membership.

brecon

"

Doesn't sound like the language of a person looking to enter into negotiations for the benefit of both sides does it? .

Why on earth should the EU negotiate something that is in the interests of the UK, and vice versa?

Surely, you negotiate in your own interest?

Every single European leader has repeated the same message over and over again - the terms on offer will be less advantageous than the terms of membership.

"

Surely, in this situation, its best for everyone to sort of "come out on top", after all, politicians are supposed to be doing this for the benefit of the people....erm….aren't they?

London

"

"

As I said before, the only source for this 'quote' seems to be Rod Liddle, who is not exactly known for ethics and responsibility in journalism.

brecon

"

As I said before, the only source for this 'quote' seems to be Rod Liddle, who is not exactly known for ethics and responsibility in journalism. "

The internet is a great thing, you type stuff into the search bar, and it finds it for you, try it sometime.

Bristol East

"

Surely, in this situation, its best for everyone to sort of "come out on top", after all, politicians are supposed to be doing this for the benefit of the people....erm….aren't they?"

Yes, the EU for the benefit of EU citizens and the UK for the benefit of UK citizens.

near ipswich

"

henkel was his name.

"

As I said before, the only source for this 'quote' seems to be Rod Liddle, who is not exactly known for ethics and responsibility in journalism.

The internet is a great thing, you type stuff into the search bar, and it finds it for you, try it sometime."

Would help if you used the words he allegedly said.

But using the Googleweb I can only find one person saying Guy V said this... Would love to know where he said it to see if there's anytbing to reconcile the claim against.

London

"

The internet is a great thing, you type stuff into the search bar, and it finds it for you, try it sometime."

Indeed. I already googled and I as I already explained, found out this 'quote' appears to come from Rod Liddle's writing and isn't corroborated by anyone or anything else.

Feel free to demonstrate otherwise.

upton wirral

I think they are

» Add a new message to this topic