FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Worst prime minister ever

Worst prime minister ever

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I would nominate David Cameron, ruins the country with pointless brexit referendum, then runs away from the mess, to further enrich himself, will I be buying his soon awaited biography, I'm already using Tony Blairs one as firelighters,. As morrisey says :the world is full of crashing bores '.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Gordon Brown. Utterly useless.

Theresa May. Dissappointing. I had so much hope when she became PM, but it soon became clear that she was out of her depth, but got to give her an 'A' for effort. She tried.

[Removed by poster at 08/09/19 02:01:55]

"Gordon Brown. Utterly useless."

Didn't he steer UK through the biggest financial crash in living memory with relatively little macroeconomic effects?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The 3 in a row conservatives have sunk to new depths. Brown helped to redeem himself with his response to the global financial crisis.

"The 3 in a row conservatives have sunk to new depths. Brown helped to redeem himself with his response to the global financial crisis. "

I posted that earlier. I'm no fan of Brown or (particularly) Blair but it's been a massive step down in competence since those two.

We're about to have a largely self made recession as the service industry tanks through uncertainty.

And it's easy to forget that all this is so completely unessesary!

"Gordon Brown. Utterly useless.

Didn't he steer UK through the biggest financial crash in living memory with relatively little macroeconomic effects? "

True, but who remembers the reality?

"The 3 in a row conservatives have sunk to new depths. Brown helped to redeem himself with his response to the global financial crisis.

I posted that earlier. I'm no fan of Brown or (particularly) Blair but it's been a massive step down in competence since those two.

We're about to have a largely self made recession as the service industry tanks through uncertainty.

And it's easy to forget that all this is so completely unessesary! "

Who was in charge when the economy tanked though? And left a smug note saying they'd spent all the money? From that position, the recovery has been impressive compared with other countries hasn't it?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i don't know.... any PM that has a week where there working majority goes from +1 to -45 has to be up there....

I was no fan on TM, but Bojo is make her administration look workman like and slick

"

True, but who remembers the reality?"

Right! This is politics.

"Who was in charge when the economy tanked though? "

Alan Greenspan

" And left a smug note saying they'd spent all the money? From that position, the recovery has been impressive compared with other countries hasn't it?"

No. Since 2010. Germany has continued to spending levels Corbyn can only dream of and has almost exclusively higher rates of quarterly growth.

If the recovery is measured in any syandard quantifyable (GDP measures, GNP, GVA, foreign direct investment or the total value of FTSE 100/250) then there has been no recovery. Even anecdotal evidence (like tax income, Rating agency evaluations and the strength of the pound) do not indicate a return to pre 2008 levels.

There are more jobs per capita but wages have only recently started growing again and purchasing power is way behind the G7.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Got to be Thatcher for me. I'll take incompetent over evil.

Thatcher definitely

"Who was in charge when the economy tanked though?

Alan Greenspan

And left a smug note saying they'd spent all the money? From that position, the recovery has been impressive compared with other countries hasn't it?

No. Since 2010. Germany has continued to spending levels Corbyn can only dream of and has almost exclusively higher rates of quarterly growth.

If the recovery is measured in any syandard quantifyable (GDP measures, GNP, GVA, foreign direct investment or the total value of FTSE 100/250) then there has been no recovery. Even anecdotal evidence (like tax income, Rating agency evaluations and the strength of the pound) do not indicate a return to pre 2008 levels.

There are more jobs per capita but wages have only recently started growing again and purchasing power is way behind the G7.

"

Not sure that Germany had a government that appeared to be proud to have spent all the money though did they?

How does one measure who’s the worst prime minister? Not really gave it much thought.

"I would nominate David Cameron, ruins the country with pointless brexit referendum, then runs away from the mess, to further enrich himself, will I be buying his soon awaited biography, I'm already using Tony Blairs one as firelighters,. As morrisey says :the world is full of crashing bores '. "

I would imagine Morrissey and Johnson would get on well. They both hate Muslims.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Didn't he steer UK through the biggest financial crash in living memory with relatively little macroeconomic effects? "

Yes, through global efforts to co-ordinate "fiscal stimulus" when the banks pulled up the drawbridge.

The same "fiscal stimulus" now being trailed by Johnson and Javid to mitigate the consequences of the next recession.

The difference being this time that it's not the banks who are the cause of it but the Brextremists pursuing a policy they know will cause economic damage.

Bristol East

"

Who was in charge when the economy tanked though? "

Sajid Javid.

He was up to his neck in corrupt dealings at Deutsche Bank when the chickens started to come home to roost.

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

And at a stroke destroyed people’s pensions

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Tony Blair.

A lot of the wider world issues lead back to him and the dullard who was in charge across the pond.

It wouldn’t be this messy in the world now if he wasn’t then.

By *pitfiremk10Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Tony Blair.

A lot of the wider world issues lead back to him and the dullard who was in charge across the pond.

It wouldn’t be this messy in the world now if he wasn’t then. "

Valid point

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Tony Blair.

It wouldn’t be this messy in the world now if he wasn’t then.

Valid point"

So The Republicans are the cause of why we have Boris Johnson, best long game played ever?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes think Boris is winning

By *ave 42Man  over a year ago

pontefract

Didn't he steer UK through the biggest financial crash in living memory with relatively little macroeconomic effects?

And at a stroke destroyed people’s pensions"

And sold our gold reserves off

By *ork ClassCouple  over a year ago

Cork

Thatcher by a country mile.!!!

By *urreyfun38Couple  over a year ago

croydon

"Thatcher by a country mile.!!!"

No Thatcher came to power after the worst government in living memory. And I can remember how bad it was.

She then had to sort out the mess that had been left.

You may not agree with how she went about it but it needed sorting.

He saved the world as far as I remember him saying at the despatch box

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Lionel blair

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Yes think Boris is winning"
how can you judge, someone who has, been in the post a matter of weeks. With most of you it's, a personal thing and you never liked the guy to start with. Now go to someone like Blair a smarmy little git with an over inflated ego. Took us into an unnecessary war. He has, a

lot to answer for and he still does. His only agenda is to be president of the EU. He has far too much to say. The current downward spiral we now have, today in politics starts with him.

Bristol East

Yes, Mrs Thatcher she destroyed industry.

She could not understand that it was better to pay people with public money to make something, than it was to pay people with public money to do nothing.

Wicked witch.

It was all going so well for Blair until the Iraq catastrophie, which I still don't understand, seemed to lose his judgement completely, but lectures us on how disastrous brexit is. Can anyone really take him seriously, when he won't admit, his appalling decision to take us to war was wrong. Now he just enriches himself, and wraps himself in religion,

Bristol East

"Can anyone really take him seriously, when he won't admit . . . ,"

i can't.

Don't know about Boris, but it's worrying his closeness too trump, would the USA really give us a good deal? I don't like the federal EU of now, countries should govern themselves, we don't want to be a vassal state of the EU, they are trying to make an example of us, to scare other countries from leaving,them.Perhaps it would be better to break up the UK, unite Ireland, which is surely the best thing, since Northern Ireland wanted to stay in the EU, and let Scotland go, and stay in the EU. Then we all get what we want. Times change, why would that be so bad, everyone is hape then we have a common wealth of England and Wales, unless Wales wants out. Everyone is happy ??. Don't get the sentimentality about the UK, why can't we break up and do our own thing

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Edward Heath, Margaret Thatcher or Tony Blair. Too close to call.

"Edward Heath, Margaret Thatcher or Tony Blair. Too close to call."

Tony Blair probably has the biggest death count.

» Add a new message to this topic