FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Refusal of Queens consent for No deal Brexit law

Refusal of Queens consent for No deal Brexit law

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

Apparently, Bojo can "advise" the Queen not to give Royal Assent to the Brexit Law, meaning it cant become Law, meaning he wont be tied by it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Apparently, Bojo can "advise" the Queen not to give Royal Assent to the Brexit Law, meaning it cant become Law, meaning he wont be tied by it. "
I think it is done.I think constitutionally she has to pass it.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Apparently, Bojo can "advise" the Queen not to give Royal Assent to the Brexit Law, meaning it cant become Law, meaning he wont be tied by it. "

It is already done. Royal Assent was given earlier today.

Next...

By *thwalescpl OP   Couple  over a year ago

brecon

"Apparently, Bojo can "advise" the Queen not to give Royal Assent to the Brexit Law, meaning it cant become Law, meaning he wont be tied by it.

Next..."

Ah bugger... Bojo should have given me a "heads up", I'd have steered him in the right direction lol!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's worth checking if something is already law

Obviously he's devious, not trustworthy and will want to scheme his way around anything in his way.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"Apparently, Bojo can "advise" the Queen not to give Royal Assent to the Brexit Law, meaning it cant become Law, meaning he wont be tied by it.

Next...

Ah bugger... Bojo should have given me a "heads up", I'd have steered him in the right direction lol! "

Interestingly, Queen’s consent is decided by the Speaker.......

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This matter actually takes us back to the time of the English civil war and it's resolution.

Pre 1642 England was an absolute monarchy. The war between the roundheads and Cavaliers was ultimately about the right of the king's divine right to rule. Parliament won and Britain temporarily became a protectorate with no monarch and Charles 1st had his head removed.

In order to get the Stuarts back on the thrown many of the Monarchy's powers were passed to Parliament and the system of Royal assent became established where the monarchy very much became a figure head monarchy.

But.......... the monarchy still actually didn't give up all the powers. In my opinion our head of state in theory still actually has the divine right to rule. Our unwritten constitution still means that laws are an ongoing and evolving. There is no written constitution with all it's flaws to fall back on. We exist in a land where the law of precedence exists so intepretation of the law is fluid and can change.

So when the agreement to put Charles 11 back on the throne was agreed it sowed the seeds for our monarch to now be dealing with the brexit mess which some would argue is so far peaceful version of the civil war.

So we are in a predicament. A 94 year old lady is actually faced with the problems of a 367 year old issue where a bit of a good old British fudge to get dear old Charles back on the throne has given us probably the most serious constitutional crisis since then.

"This matter actually takes us back to the time of the English civil war and it's resolution.

Pre 1642 England was an absolute monarchy. The war between the roundheads and Cavaliers was ultimately about the right of the king's divine right to rule. Parliament won and Britain temporarily became a protectorate with no monarch and Charles 1st had his head removed.

In order to get the Stuarts back on the thrown many of the Monarchy's powers were passed to Parliament and the system of Royal assent became established where the monarchy very much became a figure head monarchy.

But.......... the monarchy still actually didn't give up all the powers. In my opinion our head of state in theory still actually has the divine right to rule. Our unwritten constitution still means that laws are an ongoing and evolving. There is no written constitution with all it's flaws to fall back on. We exist in a land where the law of precedence exists so intepretation of the law is fluid and can change.

So when the agreement to put Charles 11 back on the throne was agreed it sowed the seeds for our monarch to now be dealing with the brexit mess which some would argue is so far peaceful version of the civil war.

So we are in a predicament. A 94 year old lady is actually faced with the problems of a 367 year old issue where a bit of a good old British fudge to get dear old Charles back on the throne has given us probably the most serious constitutional crisis since then."

p.s. I bet she's not terribly happy about it

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Obviously he's devious, not trustworthy and will want to scheme his way around anything in his way. "

Sadly honesty will not get us out of the EU.I strongly disapprove of what he has done but if the end justifies the means,but maybe

the remoaners have reduced us to this

Obviously he's devious, not trustworthy and will want to scheme his way around anything in his way. Sadly honesty will not get us out of the EU.I strongly disapprove of what he has done but if the end justifies the means,but maybe

the remoaners have reduced us to this"

If you utter the term "if the end justifies the means" within the context of solving a problem.

That's the exact phrase authoritarian leftists and right wingers use when they get desperate for a power grab.

I'm more scared of the renewal of the Lisbon treaty than I am of a cliff edge no deal brexit but maybe I'm just an Ill informed peasant not intellectual enough to understand the implications of both scenarios.

Must be true as I'm not a millionaire

Obviously he's devious, not trustworthy and will want to scheme his way around anything in his way. Sadly honesty will not get us out of the EU.I strongly disapprove of what he has done but if the end justifies the means,but maybe

What utter shite!

Your Brexit bum chums have equally sent us in this direction and not just remainers.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"I'm more scared of the renewal of the Lisbon treaty than I am of a cliff edge no deal brexit but maybe I'm just an Ill informed peasant not intellectual enough to understand the implications of both scenarios.

Must be true as I'm not a millionaire"

As 'The Lisbon Treaty' was fully implemented in 2009 and there are no further provisions in that treaty left to be implemented, I'd say that on this particular piece of information you have been ill-informed.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"I'm more scared of the renewal of the Lisbon treaty than I am of a cliff edge no deal brexit but maybe I'm just an Ill informed peasant not intellectual enough to understand the implications of both scenarios.

An herein again the very caricature of the reasons why we are in this situation today.

Two years of pre Referendum discussion and theee years (and more) since the referendum and you have (presumably) a grown adult posting something on social media that is verifiably 100% fake news, debunked everywhere - and for years.

They post it because they don’t actually care whether it is true or not, but the concept fits their idea of what they think should be the case and that therefore is good enough for them.

As long as people are no longer questioning the validity and truth about what they read and subsequent believe we are going to head to a very dark place indeed. Things are not true just because you want them to be true - they are either true - or false.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"I'm more scared of the renewal of the Lisbon treaty"

Is that based on the 'information' about the Lisbon treaty that's been passed around social media a lot? Because that's a load of lies, I'm afraid.

Royal assent has not been refused since 1707 apparently and lets be fair highly unlikely to ever be used again. But it's there isn't it. The monarchy could in theory actually go against the will of Parliament. We still live in a kingdom. Boris has placed the queen in a really awkward place.

One is not amused.

the remoaners have reduced us to this

Royal assent has not been refused since 1707 apparently and lets be fair highly unlikely to ever be used again. But it's there isn't it. The monarchy could in theory actually go against the will of Parliament. We still live in a kingdom. Boris has placed the queen in a really awkward place.

One is not amused."

1708, strictly speaking, when Queen Anne refused royal assent to the 1707 Scottish Militia Bill. Which she did on the advice of the government, though in that case it was an issue of national security.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Are you a Russian bot then?

» Add a new message to this topic