FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > the new Labour leader should be

the new Labour leader should be

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ice__bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

redcar

We need a leader who can win, not from pathetic London bubble.

And who represents North of London.

A simple solution.

No London based - gold fish bowl - fools need apply.

Who should the new labour leader be ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Lorraine Kelly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Lorraine Kelly

"

Definitely would give her a go

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Let's face facts they will need a ..

Woman ...lesbian...vegetarian..tree hugging ...mother of 8 via ai...civil partner ...pacifist ...and coloured ...that could well cover there best chance ....or Mrs Abbott...solve all the party's problems

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Scarlett Johansson

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Who ever it is, they better make sure they are squeaky clean and havnt done or said anything even slightly controversial since day of birth or else the right wing media and establishment will start their propaganda and smear campaign from day 1, unless of course its someone tory lite and establishment friendly like tony blair was then he/she will be safe and all previous fuck ups and controversial stuff thats ever happened or happens will be forgotten about the next day.

"Who ever it is, they better make sure they are squeaky clean and havnt done or said anything even slightly controversial since day of birth or else the right wing media and establishment will start their propaganda and smear campaign from day 1, unless of course its someone tory lite and establishment friendly like tony blair was then he/she will be safe and all previous fuck ups and controversial stuff thats ever happened or happens will be forgotten about the next day.

"

The papers will rake up muck wherever they can so I think a middle of the road experienced politician from the north like Andy Burnham should be their choice.

belfast/holywood

"Who ever it is, they better make sure they are squeaky clean and havnt done or said anything even slightly controversial since day of birth or else the right wing media and establishment will start their propaganda and smear campaign from day 1, unless of course its someone tory lite and establishment friendly like tony blair was then he/she will be safe and all previous fuck ups and controversial stuff thats ever happened or happens will be forgotten about the next day.

The papers will rake up muck wherever they can so I think a middle of the road experienced politician from the north like Andy Burnham should be their choice. "

I vote for Keith Vaz once he rejoins as a trans woman called Kelly Vasquez

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Donald Trump.

Well at least he knows how to win an election.

The papers will rake up muck wherever they can so I think a middle of the road experienced politician from the north like Andy Burnham should be their choice.

I vote for Keith Vaz once he rejoins as a trans woman called Kelly Vasquez "

To be fair after this election you’ll probably be more interested in who your next Taoiseach will be.

redcar

Sting

He is from Northumberland.

For me it’s got to be The Abbot woman

She’s got the smarts

She can count to three

She can dress her self

She’s fit(to much??)

She always knows where here foot is(in her mouth)

She has had corbyn!!

And she would never be on a winning team.

Tony

belfast/holywood

"For me it’s got to be The Abbot woman

She’s got the smarts

She can count to three

She can dress her self

She’s fit(to much??)

She always knows where here foot is(in her mouth)

She has had corbyn!!

And she would never be on a winning team.

Tony"

I agree wholeheartedly... labour needs a female leader and Abbott fits the bill perfectly for them .

"Lorraine Kelly

"

The real one, or, the persona of her, played by herself to avoid tax

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Someone who will listen to the people in the Labour heartlands and not be so complacent thinking that because they've voted Labour before will keep on voting Labour

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The right wing dominated media and politicians will smear and undermine whoever it is. We know Johnson and the conservatives are happy to lie and mislead the public - who seem fairly willing to be mislead too.

Where they are from is unimportant. Their qualities are what are important. There should be no need to rush as corbyn can let the public know what has been learned and what is going on.

Yes i centerist politician is what will win the next election after Boris balls this up...David Milliband possibly...a good outside bet i have heard

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Somebody moderate but very strong in character

Whoever the next labour is I can bet you the press will have dug up a pile of dirt, real or imagined by the end of the week.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

until labour learn how to win there fucked blair knew if u told belivable lies people would swallow it.when u start telling fairy tales people know your talking bollox

belfast/holywood

"Yes i centerist politician is what will win the next election after Boris balls this up...David Milliband possibly...a good outside bet i have heard "

Very outside bet lol considering he’s not an MP lol

You dont need to be either only a member that would be easily overcome with a timely retirement to the Lords of a more elderly MP.....

belfast/holywood

"You dont need to be either only a member that would be easily overcome with a timely retirement to the Lords of a more elderly MP..... "

Well you do need to be an MP

upton wirral

"Whoever the next labour is I can bet you the press will have dug up a pile of dirt, real or imagined by the end of the week."
A bit like you lot on Boris

redcar

The North MP

Has to be Lisa Nandy.

No nonsense, and a good character, takes no shit.

redcar

Winter is coming.

The Great - North wall has crumbled at the hands of the blue white walkers.

She can be our Queen of the North.

All Hale Lisa Nandy !!!!

"Whoever the next labour is I can bet you the press will have dug up a pile of dirt, real or imagined by the end of the week.A bit like you lot on Boris"

You don't need to dig up dirt on Boris he is a walking PR disaster zone. 50 years ago a person like him would probably be in prison.

In the Andrew Neil interview when addressed in the Antisemitism issue Corbyn refused to point out Boris on his Islamophobia, he alluded to it but refused to get down in the gutter with Johnson. Taking the high road was actually his downfall.

redcar

"Whoever the next labour is I can bet you the press will have dug up a pile of dirt, real or imagined by the end of the week.A bit like you lot on Boris

You don't need to dig up dirt on Boris he is a walking PR disaster zone. 50 years ago a person like him would probably be in prison.

In the Andrew Neil interview when addressed in the Antisemitism issue Corbyn refused to point out Boris on his Islamophobia, he alluded to it but refused to get down in the gutter with Johnson. Taking the high road was actually his downfall."

Totally agree, it seems he can get away with anything - even the hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money given to the american bird he was shagging while being, the amazing mayor of londinium.

Winter is coming.

All hale Lisa Nandy !!!!

"Whoever the next labour is I can bet you the press will have dug up a pile of dirt, real or imagined by the end of the week.A bit like you lot on Boris

In the Andrew Neil interview when addressed in the Antisemitism issue Corbyn refused to point out Boris on his Islamophobia, he alluded to it but refused to get down in the gutter with Johnson. Taking the high road was actually his downfall.

Totally agree, it seems he can get away with anything - even the hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money given to the american bird he was shagging while being, the amazing mayor of londinium.

Winter is coming.

All hale Lisa Nandy !!!!"

If we look back in our history to things like the Profumo Affair, Christine Keeler etc, the Jennifer Arcuri business should at this issue should be investigated at the very least. It's gross misuse of public funds which would be bad enough on its own without the NHS being on it's knees.

But unless Boris decides to investigate himself (and I don't mean playing with Mr Happy) it will all end up being swept under the carpet.

redcar

Winter is coming.

All hale Lisa Nandy !!!!

If we look back in our history to things like the Profumo Affair, Christine Keeler etc, the Jennifer Arcuri business should at this issue should be investigated at the very least. It's gross misuse of public funds which would be bad enough on its own without the NHS being on it's knees.

But unless Boris decides to investigate himself (and I don't mean playing with Mr Happy) it will all end up being swept under the carpet. "

Most likely will be swept under the carpet. But this is our Prime minister, and like any one, he is accountable more than ever now, as our nations leader.

Winter is coming.

All hale Lisa Nandy !!!!

But unless Boris decides to investigate himself (and I don't mean playing with Mr Happy) it will all end up being swept under the carpet.

Most likely will be swept under the carpet. But this is our Prime minister, and like any one, he is accountable more than ever now, as our nations leader."

Who is going to have him investigated? A minority opposition?

Supreme rule is supreme injustice.

Look at the Trump impeachment process. The Democrats have a judiciary majority to get an impeachment issued but it will take a two thirds majority in a Republican Senate to get him impeached. The Republicans know he's guilty, but they don't care.

redcar

True, the word being " care " they do not care. The nasty party would be good bed fellows for the jaw dropping - brainless - Republicans.

This is why the Tory Party stooped as low as freakin possible on the build up to the election.

"True, the word being " care " they do not care. The nasty party would be good bed fellows for the jaw dropping - brainless - Republicans.

This is why the Tory Party stooped as low as freakin possible on the build up to the election."

There is no divide between the two. Cambridge Analyica being just one example that joins the Conservatives and Republicans at the hip.

belfast/holywood

Looks like it will be between keir Starmer and RLB. He is a dreadful orator , a bit dim, boring as hell. And as for her ; as much as ive watched BBC News and BBC Parliament most days, I can’t recall ever hearing her speak . All I know about her is whenever you see Corbyn in public , she was always at her side . Can’t see the British public warming to either

borehamwood

"True, the word being " care " they do not care. The nasty party would be good bed fellows for the jaw dropping - brainless - Republicans.

This is why the Tory Party stooped as low as freakin possible on the build up to the election."

stooped so low lol thats how elections are won.tony blair knew tell belivable lies peeps will buy it wen you start telling fairytales like labour did people know ya bullshitting them.why anyone thinks elections are fought fairly is beyond me

durham

"Looks like it will be between keir Starmer and RLB. He is a dreadful orator , a bit dim, boring as hell. And as for her ; as much as ive watched BBC News and BBC Parliament most days, I can’t recall ever hearing her speak . All I know about her is whenever you see Corbyn in public , she was always at her side . Can’t see the British public warming to either "
neither will win back the voters. Labour was, meant to be a party for the people. Starmer is too pompous for my liking. Labour need to wake up. Both these, candidates, were part of the problem they lost the election so badly. It wasn't all down to Corbyn

The road to ruin and extinction awaits. They have lost me forever now

By *ak777Man  over a year ago

shaw

if Boris does what he said he do up north Labour will out for at least 10 year ,but you never know with Boris and his lies.

"

Does this kind of person readily exist

"Let's face facts they will need a ..

Woman ...lesbian...vegetarian..tree hugging ...mother of 8 via ai...civil partner ...pacifist ...and coloured ...that could well cover there best chance ....or Mrs Abbott...solve all the party's problems"

They kept Diane Abbott well clear of the last election campaign....but never mind, Emily Thornberry has scraped onto the ballot paper....that should keep the giggle factor going.

Looking at any of the candidates the Tories must be over the moon.

That aside does anyone else remember that Corbyn was initially only on the ballot paper for a laugh....?

By *sbotangoMan  over a year ago

Close by

The next labour leader should be a female, from the lgbqt community and a vegan.

"The next labour leader should be a female, from the lgbqt community and a vegan. "

So none of the actual candidates then??

I vote for Keith Vaz once he rejoins as a trans woman called Kelly Vasquez "

I know a Cuban lady Called Kelyn Valasquez.... is there something i should know?

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Fireman sam

belfast/holywood

Watching them on the Hustings today , most were tip toeing around the obvious reasons for their election wipeout . Only Lisa nandy and Jess Phillips weren’t pandering to the loony left in momentum the NEC and the unions . Nandy would still be my choice but I hope RLB gets the nod.

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Whoever Murdoch deems acceptable

By *agermeisterMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Watching them on the Hustings today , most were tip toeing around the obvious reasons for their election wipeout . Only Lisa nandy and Jess Phillips weren’t pandering to the loony left in momentum the NEC and the unions . Nandy would still be my choice but I hope RLB gets the nod. "

Erm RLB is part of your so-called Loony Left

redcar

Has to be Lisa Nandy .. new ideas .. new way forward and a northern lass

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"Has to be Lisa Nandy .. new ideas .. new way forward and a northern lass"
if it’s not nandy forties will be in minimum 10 yrs

"Has to be Lisa Nandy .. new ideas .. new way forward and a northern lassif it’s not nandy forties will be in minimum 10 yrs "

But will soft southerners vote for a northern lass...

"Has to be Lisa Nandy .. new ideas .. new way forward and a northern lassif it’s not nandy forties will be in minimum 10 yrs "

Labour won’t turn it around by 2024, I say that as a labour member.

But the next leader doesn’t have to be from the north - that’s lazy thinking. The north just voted for the poshest, most elite London-centric idiot you could dream of.

thornaby

"Has to be Lisa Nandy .. new ideas .. new way forward and a northern lassif it’s not nandy forties will be in minimum 10 yrs

But will soft southerners vote for a northern lass..."

I doubt it bob but it was the north that lost labour they didn’t trust corbyn unless they trust the next leader they will loose the next GE

"Has to be Lisa Nandy .. new ideas .. new way forward and a northern lassif it’s not nandy forties will be in minimum 10 yrs

But will soft southerners vote for a northern lass... I doubt it bob but it was the north that lost labour they didn’t trust corbyn unless they trust the next leader they will loose the next GE "

I think labour will likely lose whoever becomes leader..They’ll move try to centre ground and have to compete with the lib dems down south.

Which will probably pull the conservatives into the middle again.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Nandy is the only credible candidate, only way to defeat RLB and put the nightmare of Corbynism behind us all.

Gloucestershire

"Has to be Lisa Nandy .. new ideas .. new way forward and a northern lass"

Gloucestershire

But will soft southerners vote for a northern lass... I doubt it bob but it was the north that lost labour they didn’t trust corbyn unless they trust the next leader they will loose the next GE

I think labour will likely lose whoever becomes leader..They’ll move try to centre ground and have to compete with the lib dems down south.

Which will probably pull the conservatives into the middle again.

"

Boris need to be put to task, I want nandy to figuratively bitch slap him at PMQ’s

To be fair, it really doesn't matter who they elect as their next leader, unless they actually begin to understand why they've lost the last four General elections and recognise how out of touch they are with the electorate, they're not going to be forming a government for many years to come.

Another thing that has always been crucial to Labour election victory is Scotland.

Without Scotland, Labour can not win a General election - just look at the spread of Labour seats during Tony Blair's tenure - If you took away the Scottish seats, they'd have lost.

Currently the SNP have a near monopoly on Scottish seats. Labour have just one.

In the last 50 years, twice as many people have walked on the moon than have been Labour Prime Minister.

Personally, I think Labour are a spent force

They will be back as a major contender but they have a lot of work to do.

I think with a good leadership team, realistic policies and if / when the effects of Brexit start to bite "depending on how the trade negotiations go" then that could lay the building blocks needed for a Labour landslide in the not too distant future.

"We need a leader who can win, not from pathetic London bubble.

And who represents North of London.

A simple solution.

No London based - gold fish bowl - fools need apply.

Who should the new labour leader be ?

"

Absolutely none of the current lot. They should pack up and go home. Until they can engage in real debate and accept why they lost so catastrophically there’s no point trying

redcar

The labour elite & union power are living in the past. And will never win an election on this path.

The people who used to vote labour - not the party members & momentum destroyed it, everyday labour voters - trust in them, they were like a clique, the peoples vote:

Lisa Nandy

Has to be Nandy, Sir Starmer is a London elite and not linked to the north of London.

"I think with a good leadership team, realistic policies and if / when the effects of Brexit start to bite "depending on how the trade negotiations go" then that could lay the building blocks needed for a Labour landslide in the not too distant future. "

I agree. The new conservative government are now accountable, they have no one to blame, by the time of the next election they will have had 15 years in government, the public will then want a change

"The labour elite & union power are living in the past. And will never win an election on this path.

The people who used to vote labour - not the party members & momentum destroyed it, everyday labour voters - trust in them, they were like a clique, the peoples vote:

Lisa Nandy

Has to be Nandy, Sir Starmer is a London elite and not linked to the north of London."

The North just voted for Boris Johnson I’m their droves.

thornaby

"I think with a good leadership team, realistic policies and if / when the effects of Brexit start to bite "depending on how the trade negotiations go" then that could lay the building blocks needed for a Labour landslide in the not too distant future. "
i wouldn’t call ten yrs not to distant future if they elect anyone but nandy it could be 15 yrs or labour may be well and truellly gone by then

If the Brexit impacts are even close to being accurate, this govt. will fall before their term is over, even with their current majority.

belfast/holywood

"Watching them on the Hustings today , most were tip toeing around the obvious reasons for their election wipeout . Only Lisa nandy and Jess Phillips weren’t pandering to the loony left in momentum the NEC and the unions . Nandy would still be my choice but I hope RLB gets the nod.

Erm RLB is part of your so-called Loony Left"

Precisely. That’s why I hope to god she gets in ( work it out)

"Watching them on the Hustings today , most were tip toeing around the obvious reasons for their election wipeout . Only Lisa nandy and Jess Phillips weren’t pandering to the loony left in momentum the NEC and the unions . Nandy would still be my choice but I hope RLB gets the nod.

Precisely. That’s why I hope to god she gets in ( work it out)"

Broken record playing again....change the tune or come up with something original to say

By *lair101TV/TS  over a year ago

Aberdeen, westhill

"Donald Trump.

Well at least he knows how to win an election. "

belfast/holywood

Broken record playing again....change the tune or come up with something original to say "

Broken record playing again. Change the tune and say something yourself instead of constantly criticising others

Broken record playing again....change the tune or come up with something original to say

Broken record playing again. Change the tune and say something yourself instead of constantly criticising others "

Wow, sorry I was just having a bit of deja vu there....thought I had read all this before but that post was almost original....well done....your contributions are always welcome on a politics forum. Criticism - Its all part of the cut and thrust of real life sonny

"If the Brexit impacts are even close to being accurate, this govt. will fall before their term is over, even with their current majority.

"

Agreed, they have now got complete accountability for the next 5 years, no excuses, no one to blame if it start getting rough Boris will disappear, the PM job doesn’t pay enough for him

belfast/holywood

Interesting to read the latest statistics concerning the tens of thousands of new labour members in the last few weeks . Most being middle of the road labour supporters who left under Corbyn , now re joining to try to keep the loony left continuing in their determination to keep labour from power. Looks like starmer all the way

"Interesting to read the latest statistics concerning the tens of thousands of new labour members in the last few weeks . Most being middle of the road labour supporters who left under Corbyn , now re joining to try to keep the loony left continuing in their determination to keep labour from power. Looks like starmer all the way"

Why did they leave under Corbyn?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Interesting to read the latest statistics concerning the tens of thousands of new labour members in the last few weeks . Most being middle of the road labour supporters who left under Corbyn , now re joining to try to keep the loony left continuing in their determination to keep labour from power. Looks like starmer all the way

Why did they leave under Corbyn? "

Because he was a twat?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Interesting to read the latest statistics concerning the tens of thousands of new labour members in the last few weeks . Most being middle of the road labour supporters who left under Corbyn , now re joining to try to keep the loony left continuing in their determination to keep labour from power. Looks like starmer all the way

Why did they leave under Corbyn? Because he was a twat? "

belfast/holywood

Why did they leave under Corbyn? Because he was a twat? "

[Removed by poster at 25/01/20 14:35:36]

Why did they leave under Corbyn? Because he was a twat?

"

They had 190,000 members in 2014 and 520,000 members in 2018. No wonder your unemployable

By *apiomanMan  over a year ago

Shipley

One of the massive challenges the new leader will face is bringing unity to the party. That fact the various factions within the Labour Party need to accept the leader whoever they are.

Bring back tony

"One of the massive challenges the new leader will face is bringing unity to the party. That fact the various factions within the Labour Party need to accept the leader whoever they are. "

I agree, labour are like the tories were in the Blair /Brown years. I like Kier Starmer, I think he can unite the Party

belfast/holywood

"One of the massive challenges the new leader will face is bringing unity to the party. That fact the various factions within the Labour Party need to accept the leader whoever they are. "

Unlikely;

Ian Lavery, the Labour party chairman and a key backer of the shadow business secretary RBL had said Sir Keir Starmer should 'stand aside' and 'understand your Place’.

Mr Lavery has also appeared to label Sir Keir a 'wolf in sheep's clothing', questioning the shadow Brexit secretary's socialist credentials.

He has called for Starmer to step aside saying the next leader should be a woman.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"One of the massive challenges the new leader will face is bringing unity to the party. That fact the various factions within the Labour Party need to accept the leader whoever they are.

Unlikely;

Ian Lavery, the Labour party chairman and a key backer of the shadow business secretary RBL had said Sir Keir Starmer should 'stand aside' and 'understand your Place’.

Mr Lavery has also appeared to label Sir Keir a 'wolf in sheep's clothing', questioning the shadow Brexit secretary's socialist credentials.

He has called for Starmer to step aside saying the next leader should be a woman.

"

As long as that woman is RLD

!

belfast/holywood

So Emily is out. And Nandy got 51% support from the Jewish labour movement whilst RLB got 1 or 2 %. No surprise there

redcar

Just what we wanted a northern lass! Lisa Nandy stormed the party's Jewish vote. Thornyberry fell.

Only a couple of fences to jump now and its the home straight...

Go on lass !

By *nterested99Woman  over a year ago

Carlisle

"The next labour leader should be a female, from the lgbqt community and a vegan. "

Me lol

Labour Party dodged a bullet there, Thornberry would have been a disaster.

By *nterested99Woman  over a year ago

Carlisle

In my personal opinion, Scotland will be independent by the time of the next General Election and could accelerate it, as the whole shape of Westminster Parliament will change if all of the SNP MPs and any other MPs located in Scotland leave, a United Ireland is also a risk. This is the issue that Boris Johnson reportedly most fears, as it will bring short the 5 year fixed term parliament and at this point public anger towards Johnson’s Conservatives will be rising. On the basis of democracy, (if we are still a democracy by then, which under Johnson’s control with an 80 seat majority to force votes through might not be the case, as he has already indicated manoeuvres towards dictatorship), Johnson may be forced to hold a for-shortened General Election.

belfast/holywood

"In my personal opinion, Scotland will be independent by the time of the next General Election and could accelerate it, as the whole shape of Westminster Parliament will change if all of the SNP MPs and any other MPs located in Scotland leave, a United Ireland is also a risk. This is the issue that Boris Johnson reportedly most fears, as it will bring short the 5 year fixed term parliament and at this point public anger towards Johnson’s Conservatives will be rising. On the basis of democracy, (if we are still a democracy by then, which under Johnson’s control with an 80 seat majority to force votes through might not be the case, as he has already indicated manoeuvres towards dictatorship), Johnson may be forced to hold a for-shortened General Election. "

Wow!... you should get a job as a govt advisor

upton wirral

"Let's face facts they will need a ..

Woman ...lesbian...vegetarian..tree hugging ...mother of 8 via ai...civil partner ...pacifist ...and coloured ...that could well cover there best chance ....or Mrs Abbott...solve all the party's problems"

Lol

upton wirral

Lisa Nandy is my choice very impressed,Long Bail;ey is a total idiot like Corbyn and Starmer seems a bit two faced

redcar

Running a close second ! Interested99

Last fence to jump...

Nandy has it .. _nterested99 ice cream cone ..... 2nd

"I think with a good leadership team, realistic policies and if / when the effects of Brexit start to bite "depending on how the trade negotiations go" then that could lay the building blocks needed for a Labour landslide in the not too distant future.

I agree. The new conservative government are now accountable, they have no one to blame, by the time of the next election they will have had 15 years in government, the public will then want a change "

If Boris can come good on putting money into "northern" projects and infrastructure then the switch voters in the old "red wall" will stick with him. He has 10 yrs to do that as labour will not be ready by the next election either way... and he is the sort of guy who looks long term....

If he can do that labour will then be basically irrelevant. Corbyn and his momentum/militant tendancy idiots (for they are the same) will have destroyed the labour party without the tories needing to lift a finger. Sad but i fear it could be true...

belfast/holywood

Labour have learnt nothing, zero, zilch, nada. Period of reflection ??... ha ha . All you have to do is watch Andrew Marr this morning . Rebecca Long Corbyn and comrade Rayner both saying their policies at the GE were 110% supported by the electorate as is their stance on increased free movement not reduced free movement. Delusional. Absolutely hopeless. Bad tempered when it was obvious Marr won all his arguments against them. God I hope they both get elected.

"Labour have learnt nothing, zero, zilch, nada. Period of reflection ??... ha ha . All you have to do is watch Andrew Marr this morning . Rebecca Long Corbyn and comrade Rayner both saying their policies at the GE were 110% supported by the electorate as is their stance on increased free movement not reduced free movement. Delusional. Absolutely hopeless. Bad tempered when it was obvious Marr won all his arguments against them. God I hope they both get elected."

Why do you care? You can’t vote Labour anyway

redcar

Labour has alot to do after the self destruct button was pressed. The tories have a chance to keep - the blue white walker wall in the north.

Lisa Nandy actually listens - talks sense and is trustworthy, not full of BS like 99 % of politicians.

"Labour has alot to do after the self destruct button was pressed. The tories have a chance to keep - the blue white walker wall in the north.

Lisa Nandy actually listens - talks sense and is trustworthy, not full of BS like 99 % of politicians."

Do you think she will win though?

belfast/holywood

[Removed by poster at 16/02/20 14:51:48]

belfast/holywood

Lisa nandy should win. Apart from Hilary Benn, she is just about the only honest, straightforward , labour MP out there. Starmer has the personality of a plank and Rebbeca Long Corbyn has all her daddies characteristics including her views that have plagued the party since 2016. Her denials are laughable.

But Nandy won’t win. The extremists , the NEC, momentum and the Marxist unions are on the side of little corbynista

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

Bookies don't always get it right ( but usually do ) ,,,the latest odds are ,,,, Kier Starmer 1/8 ,,,,Rebecca Long Bailey 11/1 ,,,,Lisa Nandy 16/1

belfast/holywood

Corbyn had far far worse odds yet he got in easily. Wait until the labour rabble get their chance to vote. Hundreds of thousands of them joined to get Corbyn in , and they havent changed their loony left mindset

redcar

Wow Lisa Nandy is 16/1 ! ?

I think the labour party members need to think outside of the bubble or they are finished.

They need to stop and seriously think why they lost all the northern voters in the general election, to the blue white walkers - the north wall collapsed.

"Wow Lisa Nandy is 16/1 ! ?

I think the labour party members need to think outside of the bubble or they are finished.

They need to stop and seriously think why they lost all the northern voters in the general election, to the blue white walkers - the north wall collapsed.

"

They lost the votes for 2 reasons, Brexit and Corbyn .

durham

They lost the votes for 2 reasons, Brexit and Corbyn . "

I'd say it was, than 2 reasons. They just weren't listening to the people. And even today they still aren't listening. Keep this up and they might get in power around..? I won't ever vote again for them

redcar

They lost the votes for 2 reasons, Brexit and Corbyn . I'd say it was, than 2 reasons. They just weren't listening to the people. And even today they still aren't listening. Keep this up and they might get in power around..? I won't ever vote again for them "

Make that 3 reasons by adding " They just weren't listening to the people "

They lost the votes for 2 reasons, Brexit and Corbyn . I'd say it was, than 2 reasons. They just weren't listening to the people. And even today they still aren't listening. Keep this up and they might get in power around..? I won't ever vote again for them "

Keep what up? They haven’t had chance to elect a new leader, who do you want to win?

They lost the votes for 2 reasons, Brexit and Corbyn . I'd say it was, than 2 reasons. They just weren't listening to the people. And even today they still aren't listening. Keep this up and they might get in power around..? I won't ever vote again for them

Make that 3 reasons by adding " They just weren't listening to the people "

"

The people? Or some people? What were these people telling them? The election was a complete disaster for labour just like it was for the conservatives in 2001, things change and go in cycles , they always have and always will .

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Long Bailey would be the death nail for labour

"Long Bailey would be the death nail for labour "

You could be right, I would be at prepared give her a chance though

Costa Blanca Spain...

They lost the votes for 2 reasons, Brexit and Corbyn . "

To be fair the Labour party's stance on Brexit (if they had one at all) didn't help, and if they put a handicap the size of Corbyn on a race horse the RSPCA would get involved.

But that is a long long way from the whole picture.

While there are plenty (especially on here) who support hard left policies, the majority of the British people don't. Never have and almost certainly never will.

There is room for a centre left opposition and one day government but, if the Labour party carry on with this momentum motivated lurch to the hard left, it will certainly never be them.

The only thing Long Bailey will achieve is a thread on here in around 5 years asking "Was she the best PM Britain never had?"

belfast/holywood

Can anyone seriously imagine RBL as a PM on the world stage ?. C’mon. Really ? . Representing the UK. Really ?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Can anyone seriously imagine RBL as a PM on the world stage ?. C’mon. Really ? . Representing the UK. Really ?"

Absolutely not.

However the Labour party has been hijacked by the hard left and they will probably get her as leader.

Wherever your sympathies lie there is one absolute racing certainty.

Boris will spend the next 5 years tearing her up for arse paper at PMQ's.

She just isn't in his league and lets face it, she didn't get the nickname "Wrong Daily" for nothing.

belfast/holywood

And Lisa nandy shows her true colours; she would vote to abolish the Royal Family. I did have respect for her . Not anymore

By *heSadisticDaddyMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It should have been Barry Gardiner but unfortunately he didn't throw his hat in the ring.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Whoever is elected is unlikely to be the next PM. The Tories will win in 5 years time and then a new Labour leader will emerge with "electability" and a stale 10 year old Tory government on his/her side.

upton wirral

"And Lisa nandy shows her true colours; she would vote to abolish the Royal Family. I did have respect for her . Not anymore"
The only one I liked but that has finished her chances of winning an election,Boris must love it

belfast/holywood

Only 2 people born in the last 130 years or so have won a general election for the Labour Party . Maybe add another 20-40 years onto that pretty soon

belfast/holywood

More labour in denial. Corbyn would serve in the shadow cabinet ??... has he no shame ffs ??

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

Fireman sam

"Bookies don't always get it right ( but usually do ) ,,,the latest odds are ,,,, Kier Starmer 1/8 ,,,,Rebecca Long Bailey 11/1 ,,,,Lisa Nandy 16/1 "
. Now (21/2/2020) ,,,,,Kier Starmer 1/8 ,,,,Rebecca Long Bailey 17/2 ,,,,,Lisa Nandy 25/1 ,,,.,so if anyone thinks that Kier will not win 50p on Rebecca and 50p on Lisa wins you money

belfast/holywood

"Bookies don't always get it right ( but usually do ) ,,,the latest odds are ,,,, Kier Starmer 1/8 ,,,,Rebecca Long Bailey 11/1 ,,,,Lisa Nandy 16/1 . Now (21/2/2020) ,,,,,Kier Starmer 1/8 ,,,,Rebecca Long Bailey 17/2 ,,,,,Lisa Nandy 25/1 ,,,.,so if anyone thinks that Kier will not win 50p on Rebecca and 50p on Lisa wins you money "

I don’t normally bet but I’m gonna put some money on RLB at those odds

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Bookies don't always get it right ( but usually do ) ,,,the latest odds are ,,,, Kier Starmer 1/8 ,,,,Rebecca Long Bailey 11/1 ,,,,Lisa Nandy 16/1 . Now (21/2/2020) ,,,,,Kier Starmer 1/8 ,,,,Rebecca Long Bailey 17/2 ,,,,,Lisa Nandy 25/1 ,,,.,so if anyone thinks that Kier will not win 50p on Rebecca and 50p on Lisa wins you money

I don’t normally bet but I’m gonna put some money on RLB at those odds"

You have inspired me. Put a Fiver on her may as well. If she’s doesn’t get the job it’s a win and if she does I win £45

redcar

Best shot is Lisa Nandy at 25/1

£5

A posh coffee and kitkat

North Bucks

Rebecca Wrong Bailey seems to be slipping down the odds.

redcar

ok what day this coming week, is the leadership announced..

I must but a bet on Lisa Nandy - i dont usually bet.

belfast/holywood

Sometime in April I think

"ok what day this coming week, is the leadership announced..

I must but a bet on Lisa Nandy - i dont usually bet."

. Postal and online voting forms are sent to Labour Members on 24 February , voting closes on 2nd April at midday, with the result announced on 4th April

belfast/holywood

Interesting that JC has appeared in Rebecca wrong bailey’s and Richard burgon’ ( dep leader)campaign videos supporting them .

And that he endorsed Burgon’s proposal that in any future labour government , it should be party members , not the government, who decide whether the UK should commit its forces into military action. Party members !! I thought JC was a left wing lunatic but Burgons proposal is just absurd . Can you imagine; RWB and Burgon in charge of the UK government ??,. No, I know you can’t imagine that either lol

"Interesting that JC has appeared in Rebecca wrong bailey’s and Richard burgon’ ( dep leader)campaign videos supporting them .

And that he endorsed Burgon’s proposal that in any future labour government , it should be party members , not the government, who decide whether the UK should commit its forces into military action. Party members !! I thought JC was a left wing lunatic but Burgons proposal is just absurd . Can you imagine; RWB and Burgon in charge of the UK government ??,. No, I know you can’t imagine that either lol"

Calm down, neither will win .

"Interesting that JC has appeared in Rebecca wrong bailey’s and Richard burgon’ ( dep leader)campaign videos supporting them .

And that he endorsed Burgon’s proposal that in any future labour government , it should be party members , not the government, who decide whether the UK should commit its forces into military action. Party members !! I thought JC was a left wing lunatic but Burgons proposal is just absurd . Can you imagine; RWB and Burgon in charge of the UK government ??,. No, I know you can’t imagine that either lol"

What you're saying is you long for Corbyn to be in charge. I know just how much you always loved him. You certainly seem obsessed with him. You bring his name up at every opportunity. I imagine when you cum, you say "Corbyn!".

belfast/holywood

I long for Corbyn to be in charge ?. In case you haven’t noticed, the title of the thread is who should replace Jeremy Corbyn as leader. Jeremy Corbyn. Yes?. And JEREMY CORBYN, has appeared in two of the candidates campaign videos. So?, so. What’s wrong with connecting the outgoing leader to 2 MPs on the ballot. How strange you think that is not something that should be discussed in the LABOUR LEADERSHIP ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I long for Corbyn to be in charge ?. In case you haven’t noticed, the title of the thread is who should replace Jeremy Corbyn as leader. Jeremy Corbyn. Yes?. And JEREMY CORBYN, has appeared in two of the candidates campaign videos. So?, so. What’s wrong with connecting the outgoing leader to 2 MPs on the ballot. How strange you think that is not something that should be discussed in the LABOUR LEADERSHIP ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You still seem to be mentioning his name an awful lot. Your obsession is pretty clear. And the end of your rant was pretty climactic. It's almost as if you were busy ejaculating as you typed it, thinking of your beloved Corbyn.

belfast/holywood

Beloved?. Do you need help?. That’s twice YOU have mention Jeremy Corbyn in sexual terms. Weird

"Beloved?. Do you need help?. That’s twice YOU have mention Jeremy Corbyn in sexual terms. Weird"

You're the one who can't stop saying his name all the time. You're also the one who seems to become very excited whenever you mention him.

belfast/holywood

And every time you mention Jeremy Corbyn you connect his name with ejaculation. Dont you?. I mentioned his name in a thread about who should replace him. Now which is more weird ?. Mentioning him in a thread about who is going to replace him?. Or mention him in terms of ejaculation?, hmmm?

"And every time you mention Jeremy Corbyn you connect his name with ejaculation. Dont you?. I mentioned his name in a thread about who should replace him. Now which is more weird ?. Mentioning him in a thread about who is going to replace him?. Or mention him in terms of ejaculation?, hmmm?"

I'm not the one who mentions his name at every opportunity and brings him into everything. I'm also not the one who so clearly became very excited and ejaculated while typing about him. that was an awful lot of exclamation marks you used. I think we all know what you were doing then.

(Then again, I can see why you find him so sexy. That scruffy beard phwoar.)

Man For You, don't feel as if you have to hide your love and lust for Corbyn. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. He's clearly just the _an for you.

"Man For You, don't feel as if you have to hide your love and lust for Corbyn. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. He's clearly just the _an for you. "

You have noticed his infatuation with JC as well? The reason why he keeps criticising the labour leader candidates is because he doesn’t want JC to leave, he will miss him

"Man For You, don't feel as if you have to hide your love and lust for Corbyn. There's nothing wrong with feeling that way. He's clearly just the _an for you.

You have noticed his infatuation with JC as well? The reason why he keeps criticising the labour leader candidates is because he doesn’t want JC to leave, he will miss him "

He should just come out of the closet and proclaim his love for Corbyn. All this denial and anger can't be good for him.

belfast/holywood

Sorry about the delay in replying but was too busy masturbating watching some labour campaign videos.

"Sorry about the delay in replying but was too busy masturbating watching some labour campaign videos. "

Good for you! You admit your love for the beardy man at last!

"Sorry about the delay in replying but was too busy masturbating watching some labour campaign videos. "

Nice

North Bucks

Hook a brother up

Voted for Keir Today. No second preference. Nandy has been quite good but can’t forgive her unwillingness to be honest with her own constituents over Brexit. RLB is a momentum puppet.

Easy choice.

"Voted for Keir Today. No second preference. Nandy has been quite good but can’t forgive her unwillingness to be honest with her own constituents over Brexit. RLB is a momentum puppet.

Easy choice."

I did the same

belfast/holywood

I voted for RWB

"I voted for RWB"

I thought you were always right?

North Bucks

"I voted for RWB"

Thank you.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Given that I hail from the People's Republic of Salford, there is only one candidate for me.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

"I voted for RWB"

You must be a Tory in disguise as you clearly don't want labour in power lol

belfast/holywood

"I voted for RWB

You must be a Tory in disguise as you clearly don't want labour in power lol"

Yay.... yup lol

redcar

J C should have resigned after the wipe out and so should've K and R L

All sat on the wrong fence - to stay in europe after clearly nearly 70 % of the labour heartlands wanted out.

They do not represent the labour voter one bit - stuck in the westminster bubble.

Lisa Nandy is the one who doesn't talk political bullshit.

She talks common sense from her heart.

Nandy all day - breath of fresh air.

borehamwood

"J C should have resigned after the wipe out and so should've K and R L

All sat on the wrong fence - to stay in europe after clearly nearly 70 % of the labour heartlands wanted out.

They do not represent the labour voter one bit - stuck in the westminster bubble.

Lisa Nandy is the one who doesn't talk political bullshit.

She talks common sense from her heart.

Nandy all day - breath of fresh air.

"

i dont vote but do agree with you nandy is electable to the electorate but no chance with the labour party itself.who the labour party thinks is electable and who the voting public think is electable are two compleatly different things

redcar

Totally agree ! And so far out of touch with the labour voters.

So much in the machine bubble of westminster.

There is nothing worse than hearing career - London politicians speak - they think they are above the voting public views, K especially

We want no nonsense common sense. Language that Labour voters respect.

No BS

belfast/holywood

Unfortunately for labour ( but fortunately for the rest of us ), there will be of the same ; anti semitism , anti forces, anti business , anti rule of law , anti royal family and pro criminals, pro anybody who hates the UK, pro stupid policies

belfast/holywood

If you want an inkling about labour going forward, listen /watch to Richard Burgon on Andrew Marr this morning . They lost the election BUT; Nothing to do with socialist policies , everything to do with the right wing press , no fault at the former labours leadership/ personality. Most of the fault laid at the feet of disloyal labour MPs who should all be sacked because they resigned from the former leaders shadow cabinet. He’s totally barking mad lost the plot. Giving Labour Party members the power to dictate the UKs war policy. And refuses to sign up to the 10 point pledges as detailed by the Jewish board of deputies . ( practically one of the only senior UK politicians to refuse this). One of the most virulently anti Semitic members of the Labour Party I have ever listened to.

By *iltsguy200Man  over a year ago

Warminster

The next Labour Leader will at the very least lead an effective opposition

belfast/holywood

Andrew Neil is interviewing RWB and kristal Keir tonight on the Beeb at 7pm. Can’t wait to see em both squirm lol

belfast/holywood

Lisa Nandy’s latest interview with the BBC’s Laura koenigeggessegegeee was very interesting . Spilling the beans on why she left the shadow cabinet due to labours front bench factional war trying to “crush” the “other side” within the party. At least she’s honest.

"Lisa Nandy’s latest interview with the BBC’s Laura koenigeggessegegeee was very interesting . Spilling the beans on why she left the shadow cabinet due to labours front bench factional war trying to “crush” the “other side” within the party. At least she’s honest. "
. She was actually a bit more honest than you give her credit for ,yes , she did say the front bench were trying to crush the other side but she also admitted that the other side were trying to do the same to the front bench ,,,so I suppose , looking at it in a whataboutary frame of mind ,the right wing of the Labor party look ready to win their internal struggle against theirleader (Corbyn)in the same way the right wing of the Tory party got rid of their last 2 leaders (Cameron and May),,,,,

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Lisa Nandy’s latest interview with the BBC’s Laura koenigeggessegegeee was very interesting . Spilling the beans on why she left the shadow cabinet due to labours front bench factional war trying to “crush” the “other side” within the party. At least she’s honest. . She was actually a bit more honest than you give her credit for ,yes , she did say the front bench were trying to crush the other side but she also admitted that the other side were trying to do the same to the front bench ,,,so I suppose , looking at it in a whataboutary frame of mind ,the right wing of the Labor party look ready to win their internal struggle against theirleader (Corbyn)in the same way the right wing of the Tory party got rid of their last 2 leaders (Cameron and May),,,,,"

You do realise that boris is on the left to centre side of the tory party,

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

After watching the 3 of them over the last few days ....the conservatives are going to be in office for the next 20 years ...the Labour group have learnt nothing from the humiliation of the election .if the conservatives keep the north happy ....Labour have no chance at all

"After watching the 3 of them over the last few days ....the conservatives are going to be in office for the next 20 years ...the Labour group have learnt nothing from the humiliation of the election .if the conservatives keep the north happy ....Labour have no chance at all "

If the Conservatives do a good job in the next 5 years they will win the next GE. If they don’t and fail to keep the promises they have made then they will lose, it really is that simple .

redcar

Lisa Nandy was very honest basically saying that labour's London Elite has not been listening to the folk up north - which as we all know cost them the GE.

Ignore your voters in the towns north of watford - is a sure fire way of total contempt and disrespect for your party's real supporters.

borehamwood

that GE defeat was a long time coming.they been ignoribg there loyal voters for years.got wiped out in scotland and didnt take the warnings from that.now happend in the north yet when you listen to the leadership seems they still not paying attention

"Lisa Nandy was very honest basically saying that labour's London Elite has not been listening to the folk up north - which as we all know cost them the GE.

Ignore your voters in the towns north of watford - is a sure fire way of total contempt and disrespect for your party's real supporters. "

I agree, they will learn from this, Kier Starmer is the man for the job

"Lisa Nandy was very honest basically saying that labour's London Elite has not been listening to the folk up north - which as we all know cost them the GE.

Ignore your voters in the towns north of watford - is a sure fire way of total contempt and disrespect for your party's real supporters. "

It is strange they ignored the north and focused on the London wannabees. Conservatives recognised it and took advantage.

I've said it elsewhere, I really hope they aren't let down by the Tories. If they aren't Labour will struggle as they can't rely on Scotland and Wales anymore.

"Lisa Nandy’s latest interview with the BBC’s Laura koenigeggessegegeee was very interesting . Spilling the beans on why she left the shadow cabinet due to labours front bench factional war trying to “crush” the “other side” within the party. At least she’s honest. . She was actually a bit more honest than you give her credit for ,yes , she did say the front bench were trying to crush the other side but she also admitted that the other side were trying to do the same to the front bench ,,,so I suppose , looking at it in a whataboutary frame of mind ,the right wing of the Labor party look ready to win their internal struggle against theirleader (Corbyn)in the same way the right wing of the Tory party got rid of their last 2 leaders (Cameron and May),,,,,

You do realise that boris is on the left to centre side of the tory party, "

. Which indicates how far to the right the party has gone

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"that GE defeat was a long time coming.they been ignoribg there loyal voters for years.got wiped out in scotland and didnt take the warnings from that.now happend in the north yet when you listen to the leadership seems they still not paying attention"

When you say “ignoring their voters” what exactly is meant by that? I hear it a lot and I don’t really understand it it any other context than their voters have been groomed by the Daily Mail, Sun, Telegraph, Express and others to believe that equality and fairness is the enemy of ordinary people.

Millionnaire and billionaire media owners have zero history of championing the cause of ordinary people. When did any of those Titles argue for an increase in minimum wage, or increased funding for the NHS and schools? When did they argue for the super wealthy to pay a bit more in tax to give ordinary people a bit of a break? They don’t do they... in fact they go out of their way to propagate lies and false information in order to discredit a political Party who entire mission in life is to make life easier and better for ordinary people.

Don’t get me wrong, I am no Labour loving lefty, but I think it is important to call out what is really going in the media at the moment. The expression that “Labour has been ignoring their voters for years” is as meaningless as “Get Brexit done” “unleash the potential” and “build 40 new hospitals”

» Add a new message to this topic