FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > MPs will vote on boris brexit deal today.

MPs will vote on boris brexit deal today.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

MPs will vote later on whether to back the boris plan for the uk to leave the eu on 31 January.

Will the deal go through you reckon? It wouldnt surprice me if there would be a twist, a trade will not take 6 months it could take 10 years or more

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Today is a formality, I think, and just the first stage of the legislative process.

The interesting stuff will come when it is scrutinised and Ministers are asked to explain the details hidden in the Bill.

"Today is a formality, I think, and just the first stage of the legislative process.

The interesting stuff will come when it is scrutinised and Ministers are asked to explain the details hidden in the Bill.

"

Yes it will be interesting to hear the explanation of the hidden bill.

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

It will sail through without a ripple

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It will sail through without a ripple"

I agree. The UKs race to the bottom is accelerating.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

[Removed by poster at 20/12/19 10:51:36]

canterbury

Boris has the backing of our country now ....get the job done onward and upwards ....all positive from my side ....as for remoaners....where are u now...shot ya bolt like jezza and the swinton bird ...arses kicked

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

I see that Steve Bray has conceded defeat, after 847 days of shouting "stop Brexit".

At least his backer, Charlie Mullins, is a few quid worse off now.

"Boris has the backing of our country now ....get the job done onward and upwards ....all positive from my side ....as for remoaners....where are u now...shot ya bolt like jezza and the swinton bird ...arses kicked"

All this post tells us is that you don't understand Brexit, what it is and what the impacts are.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Jezza has been utterly savaged today and sat there stony faced.

His Speech was pretty good IMO.

It will get voted through but imagine the ruckus if enough of his new army actually voted against it to stop it, now that would be funny

canterbury

Some on here are such experts on everything and obviously know the britex outcome before it has started ....obviously you are very knowledgeable and very very rich because with such information you hold and believe...I'm sure you have hedged all your bats etc....more total shite from the forum of total shite.....happy Xmas xx

I like steves speach about nothern ireland, the vote will be about 2pm to 3pm.

"Some on here are such experts on everything and obviously know the britex outcome before it has started ....obviously you are very knowledgeable and very very rich because with such information you hold and believe...I'm sure you have hedged all your bats etc....more total shite from the forum of total shite.....happy Xmas xx"

Just so we're clear. You're attacking people who read up on the economics and implications of brexit mocking them sarcastically as being "experts". Meanwhile claiming you know more than everyone else (which is kind of like proclaiming yourself as an expert), suggesting you know more than people who have studied economics and understand international trade etc, despite having no information or insight yourself?

Sounds reasonable.

"Boris has the backing of our country now ....get the job done onward and upwards ....all positive from my side ....as for remoaners....where are u now...shot ya bolt like jezza and the swinton bird ...arses kicked

All this post tells us is that you don't understand Brexit, what it is and what the impacts are.

"

That's the truth.

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"It will get voted through but imagine the ruckus if enough of his new army actually voted against it to stop it, now that would be funny "
. Yes it would be amusing but Johnson got every Tory candidate to sign to say they would vote for his deal ,,,now if May had done the same thing prior to the 2017 General Election ,Johnson would , not only have voted for her deal when he did but would also have had to vote for it when he didn't and vote for it when he didn't again

"Some on here are such experts on everything and obviously know the britex outcome before it has started ....obviously you are very knowledgeable and very very rich because with such information you hold and believe...I'm sure you have hedged all your bats etc....more total shite from the forum of total shite.....happy Xmas xx"

Britex ? and hedged all your bats? You sound confused ? Have you been on the sherry? The father Jack of the forum returns

"It will get voted through but imagine the ruckus if enough of his new army actually voted against it to stop it, now that would be funny . Yes it would be amusing but Johnson got every Tory candidate to sign to say they would vote for his deal ,,,now if May had done the same thing prior to the 2017 General Election ,Johnson would , not only have voted for her deal when he did but would also have had to vote for it when he didn't and vote for it when he didn't again "

Good point. Which deal have the Tory MPs agreed to back before the GE? Or have they been forced to back any deal ?

Bristol East

No-one knew what Mrs May's deal was in the 2017 GE. All anyone knew was the red lines she had come up with.

Grumpy

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

So that’s it then?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

it went through with 124 majority .

"Some on here are such experts on everything and obviously know the britex outcome before it has started ....obviously you are very knowledgeable and very very rich because with such information you hold and believe...I'm sure you have hedged all your bats etc....more total shite from the forum of total shite.....happy Xmas xx

Britex ? and hedged all your bats? You sound confused ? Have you been on the sherry? The father Jack of the forum returns "

The father jack of the forum...Ha ha Brilliant.

"it went through with 124 majority . "

How will you celebrate next month? Party? March into London? A cheap warm pint in Wetherspoons

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"it went through with 124 majority .

How will you celebrate next month? Party? March into London? A cheap warm pint in Wetherspoons

"

why a warm pint the weatherspoons up here are all cold lol

why a warm pint the weatherspoons up here are all cold lol"

Ah, sorry, I cheap cold pint in Wetherspoons , time Martin will probably be having Brexit day offers to celebrate .

thornaby

Ah, sorry, I cheap cold pint in Wetherspoons , time Martin will probably be having Brexit day offers to celebrate . "

well that’s good isn’t it cheaper drinks who doesn’t want that

Ah, sorry, I cheap cold pint in Wetherspoons , time Martin will probably be having Brexit day offers to celebrate . well that’s good isn’t it cheaper drinks who doesn’t want that "

It is another Brexit bonus, everyone is a winner? What will be the first thing you will be able to do that you can’t do now on the Feb 1st after we leave the EU? At least the NHS will be getting £350 million a week

Everything food clothes and footwear prices according to leavers will drop through the floor on day + 1 so my £180 Adidas trainers may hit what... 30 quid maybe? My tbone 60oz might drop from £28 to a tenner maybe?

Sounds good

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"Boris has the backing of our country now ....get the job done onward and upwards ....all positive from my side ....as for remoaners....where are u now...shot ya bolt like jezza and the swinton bird ...arses kicked"

No. He still doesn’t.

-Matt

"Everything food clothes and footwear prices according to leavers will drop through the floor on day + 1 so my £180 Adidas trainers may hit what... 30 quid maybe? My tbone 60oz might drop from £28 to a tenner maybe?

Sounds good "

That might be the effect over a long period. As people are paid less, have to work longer hours in shittier conditions for less money. There won't be a market for fancy trainers and fancy steaks. So the lower end stuff is what everyone will buy.

I eat lentils and wear crappy trainers until they're mangled anyway. So no major changes on that front for me.

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

Well there is one thing we can hold our heads up high, In time a say we didn't vote for this mess.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"It will sail through without a ripple

I agree. The UKs race to the bottom is accelerating."

with people like you the country will never prosper. You have nothing to say but gloom, gloom and more, gloom. I'm backing Britain. God knows, what you are backing apart from yourself

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Well there is one thing we can hold our heads up high, In time a say we didn't vote for this mess. "
alternatively when we do prosper you can also say hey I didn't vote for this

"Well there is one thing we can hold our heads up high, In time a say we didn't vote for this mess. alternatively when we do prosper you can also say hey I didn't vote for this "

And how long will it take for the country to ‘prosper’ ? 5 ,10, 25 years??

"Everything food clothes and footwear prices according to leavers will drop through the floor on day + 1 so my £180 Adidas trainers may hit what... 30 quid maybe? My tbone 60oz might drop from £28 to a tenner maybe?

Sounds good "

That is good news, I will forget about the January sales and buy my goods on the 1st Feb it will be Brexit bonus bonanza

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Actually, he has the backing of 44% of our country

"Boris has the backing of our country now ....get the job done onward and upwards ....all positive from my side ....as for remoaners....where are u now...shot ya bolt like jezza and the swinton bird ...arses kicked

Actually, he has the backing of 44% of our country "

I think it is far less than that, it is 44% of the electorate

[Removed by poster at 20/12/19 21:10:16]

They voted 358 to 234, a majority of 124 in favour of the eu withdrawal agreement, which now goes on to further scrutiny in parliament, in reality nothing of it will be accepted.

By *hMyGawdCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"They voted 358 to 234, a majority of 124 in favour of the eu withdrawal agreement, which now goes on to further scrutiny in parliament, in reality nothing of it will be accepted."

Boris can do what he wants. He's got a massive majority. What the opposition think is totally irrelevant.

"They voted 358 to 234, a majority of 124 in favour of the eu withdrawal agreement, which now goes on to further scrutiny in parliament, in reality nothing of it will be accepted.

Boris can do what he wants. He's got a massive majority. What the opposition think is totally irrelevant."

Yes he can, I bet you cant wait for the 30th Jan? How are you going to celebrate? Wetherspoons for dinner?

"They voted 358 to 234, a majority of 124 in favour of the eu withdrawal agreement, which now goes on to further scrutiny in parliament, in reality nothing of it will be accepted.

Boris can do what he wants. He's got a massive majority. What the opposition think is totally irrelevant."

We will see on the date if it happens.

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"Well there is one thing we can hold our heads up high, In time a say we didn't vote for this mess. alternatively when we do prosper you can also say hey I didn't vote for this

And how long will it take for the country to ‘prosper’ ? 5 ,10, 25 years??"

50 years wasn't it, according to Rees Mogg? I wonder how many fabbers will be alive to see the day!

"Well there is one thing we can hold our heads up high, In time a say we didn't vote for this mess. alternatively when we do prosper you can also say hey I didn't vote for this

50 years wasn't it, according to Rees Mogg? I wonder how many fabbers will be alive to see the day!"

50? Wow, that is a long time, why will it take that long? I think we will probably have already rejoined the EU by then

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

50 years wasn't it, according to Rees Mogg? I wonder how many fabbers will be alive to see the day!"

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/shortcuts/2018/jul/24/two-50-or-100-years-when-do-leavers-think-brexit-will-pay-off

Bristol East

"They voted 358 to 234, a majority of 124 in favour of the eu withdrawal agreement, which now goes on to further scrutiny in parliament, in reality nothing of it will be accepted."

Yes, we are leaving the EU on Jan 31, with all that entails.

Bristol East

11pm on Jan 31.

Is when we all lose the rights of EU citizenship.

Bristol East

11pm on Jan 31 when the protections written into EU law no longer apply to UK citizens, when we take our chances with the protections and freedoms determined by English Conservative legislators.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Boris can do what he wants. He's got a massive majority. What the opposition think is totally irrelevant.We will see on the date if it happens."

Boris can do what he wants. He's got a massive majority. What the opposition think is totally irrelevant.We will see on the date if it happens."

We know that, it was said earlier

Boris is a cunt was the comment I heard in the pub tonight....from a head teacher....fair enough!

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Oh dear shag still failing to see what is before your eyes, still in denial.

belfast/holywood

And actually a fair number of labour MPs defied Corbyn by abstaining (32) with 6 more voting WITH the tories . Within these are shadow cabinet members. Watching the debate, I’ve never seen so many glum faces behind Corbyn as he spouted his usual crap. He really doesn’t get it . He lost ( badly). His own party thinks he’s a wanker and the country thinks he’s a dangerous wanker. Yet there he stands , digging his hole so deep he will soon be in Australia lol

"It will get voted through but imagine the ruckus if enough of his new army actually voted against it to stop it, now that would be funny "
. None of the Tories voted against johnsons deal but ten didn't vote , ,prior to standing in the election every Tory mp had told thier constituents and the tory party that they would vote for the deal ,,,although the 10 may simply be MPs who were not in parliament at the time of the vote

And how long will it take for the country to ‘prosper’ ? 5 ,10, 25 years??"

I voted leave for the benefit of my children, not me. So am not naive enough to think they will be immediate financial benefits.

Having said the above, one massive thing has happened. Billions of pounds of contracts in Construction were on hold until Brexit certainty was acheived, they will now be unlocked.

I was working on one for £125m which was continually put back for months over one clause. As soon as the vote came in all parties completed the execution of the contract, contentious Brexit clause removed

By *jloversCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Street party like we did in the 90’s. I was ready to celebrate on the 31/03/19. Since the bill was passed banks are now struggling with what people are out spending it’s affecting payments at check outs.

"Street party like we did in the 90’s. I was ready to celebrate on the 31/03/19. Since the bill was passed banks are now struggling with what people are out spending it’s affecting payments at check outs. "
. Flippin' eck if that's right , people will he out spending today because Johnson won his vote in parliament, just like they would if it was the last Saturday before Christmas

"Street party like we did in the 90’s. I was ready to celebrate on the 31/03/19. Since the bill was passed banks are now struggling with what people are out spending it’s affecting payments at check outs. . Flippin' eck if that's right , people will he out spending today because Johnson won his vote in parliament, just like they would if it was

the last Saturday before Christmas "

Haha,

"Street party like we did in the 90’s. I was ready to celebrate on the 31/03/19. Since the bill was passed banks are now struggling with what people are out spending it’s affecting payments at check outs. "

Where are you holding your street party? I have heard through a reliable source it will be bigger than VE Day

"Having said the above, one massive thing has happened. Billions of pounds of contracts in Construction were on hold until Brexit certainty was acheived, they will now be unlocked.

I was working on one for £125m which was continually put back for months over one clause. As soon as the vote came in all parties completed the execution of the contract, contentious Brexit clause removed "

Would that contract have gone ahead if we had stayed in the EU?

Midlands

Most likely 10 years of Boris and Tories ahead.

If we were remainers / lefties we'd be absolutely devastated to have lost so badly

"Having said the above, one massive thing has happened. Billions of pounds of contracts in Construction were on hold until Brexit certainty was acheived, they will now be unlocked.

I was working on one for £125m which was continually put back for months over one clause. As soon as the vote came in all parties completed the execution of the contract, contentious Brexit clause removed

Would that contract have gone ahead if we had stayed in the EU? "

It would of gone ahead 6 months ago if parliament hadn't of fucked about so long. A Conservative majority has cleared the way, we already knew a Labour one pushed it back 6 months and several people would have lost their jobs as a result.

thornaby

Ah, sorry, I cheap cold pint in Wetherspoons , time Martin will probably be having Brexit day offers to celebrate . well that’s good isn’t it cheaper drinks who doesn’t want that

It is another Brexit bonus, everyone is a winner? What will be the first thing you will be able to do that you can’t do now on the Feb 1st after we leave the EU? At least the NHS will be getting £350 million a week "

nothing it will be exactly the same the man in the street won’t notice a thing how will yr life change will you be worse off no I doubt it same as me won’t note any change there won’t be millions of job losses no soldiers on the streets medicine shortages food shortages planes grounded just a few of the shite posted on here of remainers

Bristol East

"there won’t be millions of job losses no soldiers on the streets medicine shortages food shortages planes grounded just a few of the shite posted on here of remainers "

All the "shite" you refer to is the contingency planning of HMG for a no-deal scenario.

A scenario in all probability we will be staring at again 12 months from now.

West London

I voted leave for the benefit of my children, not me. So am not naive enough to think they will be immediate financial benefits."

How will your children benefit?

I voted leave for the benefit of my children, not me. So am not naive enough to think they will be immediate financial benefits.

How will your children benefit?"

Noneyer

West London

Noneyer"

That is as coherent a response to the benefits of Brexit as I've ever heard

Noneyer

That is as coherent a response to the benefits of Brexit as I've ever heard "

None yer fucking business

thornaby

How will your children benefit?"

this is all this guy does ask questions lol I don’t know mate I can’t see into the future like you can how would they benefit it we had voted remain ?

Noneyer

None yer fucking business "

Love this:

"We voted to ruin the country."

"Why?"

"None of your business."

Amazing. If it were only leavers who would suffer from brexit, fine. But the rest of us have to too, and you can't even be arsed to explain why.

Noneyer

Love this:

"Why?"

"None of your business."

Amazing. If it were only leavers who would suffer from brexit, fine. But the rest of us have to too, and you can't even be arsed to explain why."

Comprehension dear sir. I didn't vote to ruin the country. I voted for what I believe is for the long term benefit of my children. Those reasons are no one elses business.

Noneyer

Love this:

"Why?"

"None of your business."

Amazing. If it were only leavers who would suffer from brexit, fine. But the rest of us have to too, and you can't even be arsed to explain why.

Comprehension dear sir. I didn't vote to ruin the country. I voted for what I believe is for the long term benefit of my children. Those reasons are no one elses business."

Fine.

But as a generalisation it would be nice if people explained why they voted to flush all the good things about this country away. For no discernible reason.

West London

How will your children benefit? this is all this guy does ask questions lol I don’t know mate I can’t see into the future like you can how would they benefit it we had voted remain ? "

If someone makes a statement I would assume that they would be able to explain why.

Funnily enough it seems to be a struggle and causes some outrage and anger when it proves difficult

They would benefit from remaining by:

Not losing years of investment.

Remaining in one of the largest political and economic power blocks in the planet.

Retaining the freedom to work and live with ease anywhere in the EU.

Have the certainty of common, known standards in a range of products from medicines to food.

Amongst many other things.

If you wish to vote for things that you don't understand then well done.

I have a sealed bag with something in it. Want to buy it in exchange for the £10 which you definitely have?

thornaby

Why should ppl explain to you why they voted leave who the fuck are you that thinks you deserve to know why. Lol

West London

Noneyer

None yer fucking business "

Still as coherent as any other pro-Brexit reasoning even with the extra letters

thornaby

How will your children benefit? this is all this guy does ask questions lol I don’t know mate I can’t see into the future like you can how would they benefit it we had voted remain ?

If someone makes a statement I would assume that they would be able to explain why.

Funnily enough it seems to be a struggle and causes some outrage and anger when it proves difficult

Remaining in one of the largest political and economic power blocks in the planet.

Have the certainty of common, known standards in a range of products from medicines to food.

I have a sealed bag with something in it. Want to buy it in exchange for the £10 which you definitely have? "

ye I’ll buy it he who dares wins my kids will be able to work in the eu if they choose they will just need a works visa like most country’s it’s not a game changer mate

West London

"Why should ppl explain to you why they voted leave who the fuck are you that thinks you deserve to know why. Lol"

Oh sweetie, nobody has to, it's just informative that you you are so adamant not to. That you are so angry about it

The "lol" is hilariously out of place

West London

How will your children benefit? this is all this guy does ask questions lol I don’t know mate I can’t see into the future like you can how would they benefit it we had voted remain ?

I have a sealed bag with something in it. Want to buy it in exchange for the £10 which you definitely have? ye I’ll buy it he who dares wins my kids will be able to work in the eu if they choose they will just need a works visa like most country’s it’s not a game changer mate "

...or exchanges £10 for a bag of human excrement

Excellent argument

I have a sealed bag with something in it. Want to buy it in exchange for the £10 which you definitely have? ye I’ll buy it he who dares wins my kids will be able to work in the eu if they choose they will just need a works visa like most country’s it’s not a game changer mate

Excellent argument "

And with that excrement he can fertilise his land to grow crops and make more money.

If all you see is shit then that is what you have. If you see opportunity then you have something far greater, vision.

West London

I have a sealed bag with something in it. Want to buy it in exchange for the £10 which you definitely have? ye I’ll buy it he who dares wins my kids will be able to work in the eu if they choose they will just need a works visa like most country’s it’s not a game changer mate "

The loss of visa-free employment is a game changer.

In the UK now a large proportion of companies do not sponsor visa applications. There is a significant financial, administrative and time cost.

That will be the same in the EU.

You didn't know that? Have you not given it any thought?

West London

I have a sealed bag with something in it. Want to buy it in exchange for the £10 which you definitely have? ye I’ll buy it he who dares wins my kids will be able to work in the eu if they choose they will just need a works visa like most country’s it’s not a game changer mate

Excellent argument

And with that excrement he can fertilise his land to grow crops and make more money.

If all you see is shit then that is what you have. If you see opportunity then you have something far greater, vision."

£10 for human shit rather than a free sackful from the stables?

You do have an eye for a deal.

Keep going. I find this similie amusing

"Why should ppl explain to you why they voted leave who the fuck are you that thinks you deserve to know why. Lol"

If I voted to take away your rights and make you poorer. Would you just be "yes fine" or would you wonder why?

Bristol East

"

The loss of visa-free employment is a game changer.

In the UK now a large proportion of companies do not sponsor visa applications. There is a significant financial, administrative and time cost.

That will be the same in the EU.

You didn't know that? Have you not given it any thought? "

Yes, a lot of fees changing hands soon.

Excellent argument

If all you see is shit then that is what you have. If you see opportunity then you have something far greater, vision.

Keep going. I find this similie amusing "

Proves, my point. You have no vision (I like this one too ). The point being visionaries are the ones who make the difference, not morons who want to keep things the same. Visionaries took mankind out if the caves, morons stayed behind.

thornaby

3-1/2 yrs remainers been moaning now we are leaving they are still going on and on how long do you guys want to go on for another 3-12 yrs ten twenty ?

Excellent argument

Proves, my point. You have no vision (I like this one too ). The point being visionaries are the ones who make the difference, not morons who want to keep things the same. Visionaries took mankind out if the caves, morons stayed behind."

And "visionaries" are usually progressive instead of regressive. But ignore that, let's drag the UK backwards and just say random nonsence, and if that doesn't work, repeat the random nonsence louder and more frequently.

Leavers are so funny. I hope someone keeps all this stuff for future generations to laugh at.

West London

Excellent argument

Proves, my point. You have no vision (I like this one too ). The point being visionaries are the ones who make the difference, not morons who want to keep things the same. Visionaries took mankind out if the caves, morons stayed behind."

Making the most of a shit situation has its merits.

Personally, I wouldn't choose to place myself in that situation. That requires forethought.

However, as your "vision" is apparently nobody's business because it's some sort of a secret we can leave it at that.

Well argued

West London

"3-1/2 yrs remainers been moaning now we are leaving they are still going on and on how long do you guys want to go on for another 3-12 yrs ten twenty ?"

Leavers moaned for 40 years and apparently you know why but don't need to tell the rest of us

Well done you

belfast/holywood

"3-1/2 yrs remainers been moaning now we are leaving they are still going on and on how long do you guys want to go on for another 3-12 yrs ten twenty ?"

Unfortunately some people can’t see when they have lost. Can’t adapt to change. Refuse to modernise. All they can do is say they know best and that they “have won the argument “ lol. They should have won because everyone agreed they had the best policies. No wait- they weren’t the best policies because nobody wanted them other than Marxists and brain washed students with small brains

West London

"3-1/2 yrs remainers been moaning now we are leaving they are still going on and on how long do you guys want to go on for another 3-12 yrs ten twenty ?

Unfortunately some people can’t see when they have lost. Can’t adapt to change. Refuse to modernise. All they can do is say they know best and that they “have won the argument “ lol. They should have won because everyone agreed they had the best policies. No wait- they weren’t the best policies because nobody wanted them other than Marxists and brain washed students with small brains"

Define a Brexit success and define. Brexit failure.

ABI have heard is that Brexit can only be. Success.

That cannot be true can it?

"

Unfortunately some people can’t see when they have lost. "

This is my all time non-ironic post from a leaver.

Absolute genius!

Unless of course you're a multi millionaire with offshore companies?

West London

"3-1/2 yrs remainers been moaning now we are leaving they are still going on and on how long do you guys want to go on for another 3-12 yrs ten twenty ?

Unfortunately some people can’t see when they have lost. Can’t adapt to change. Refuse to modernise. All they can do is say they know best and that they “have won the argument “ lol. They should have won because everyone agreed they had the best policies. No wait- they weren’t the best policies because nobody wanted them other than Marxists and brain washed students with small brains

Define a Brexit success and define. Brexit failure.

ABI have heard is that Brexit can only be. Success.

That cannot be true can it?"

ABI? Weird autocorrect. All*

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"11pm on Jan 31 when the protections written into EU law no longer apply to UK citizens, when we take our chances with the protections and freedoms determined by English Conservative legislators.

"

Except every EU law will be passed into uk law and will remain so until they are updated or repealed, a bit more research might help you, remember you claimed earlier in the week about not being able to travel to the EU more than once in 180 days

"11pm on Jan 31 when the protections written into EU law no longer apply to UK citizens, when we take our chances with the protections and freedoms determined by English Conservative legislators.

Except every EU law will be passed into uk law and will remain so until they are updated or repealed, a bit more research might help you, remember you claimed earlier in the week about not being able to travel to the EU more than once in 180 days"

Then what's the point of Brexit?

thornaby

Leavers moaned for 40 years and apparently you know why but don't need to tell the rest of us

Well done you "

well you and hitforsix defo sound like the kind of guys to beat the 40 yrs ya party animals bet you guys get plenty party invites over crimbo

West London

Well done you well you and hitforsix defo sound like the kind of guys to beat the 40 yrs ya party animals bet you guys get plenty party invites over crimbo "

Excellent logical argument once again. This is the best that you can do?

So, what are the secret benefits of Brexit?

That's what it has become right? A secret that nobody can define?

thornaby

Well done you well you and hitforsix defo sound like the kind of guys to beat the 40 yrs ya party animals bet you guys get plenty party invites over crimbo

That's what it has become right? A secret that nobody can define? "

only 3 questions yr slipping mate we don’t know yet mate we’ve not left yet we can do any trade deals until we do

West London

Well done you well you and hitforsix defo sound like the kind of guys to beat the 40 yrs ya party animals bet you guys get plenty party invites over crimbo

That's what it has become right? A secret that nobody can define? only 3 questions yr slipping mate we don’t know yet mate we’ve not left yet we can do any trade deals until we do "

Sure.

We know nothing because we have no knowledge whatsoever.

What a nonsensical assertion. We don't know the future so we may as well do any old crap

Is your answer that you don't know and it may be a complete disaster but we may as well give it a go

Bristol East

Except every EU law will be passed into uk law and will remain so until they are updated or repealed, a bit more research might help you, remember you claimed earlier in the week about not being able to travel to the EU more than once in 180 days"

Rights of European citizenship cease on Feb 1.

thornaby

That's what it has become right? A secret that nobody can define? only 3 questions yr slipping mate we don’t know yet mate we’ve not left yet we can do any trade deals until we do

Sure.

What a nonsensical assertion. We don't know the future so we may as well do any old crap

Is your answer that you don't know and it may be a complete disaster but we may as well give it a go "

ofcorse I don’t know I can’t see into the future it may well be a complete disaster but it also may well be a complete success we have to leave to find that out tho there’s a big world outside the eu right guna luv ya and leave ya buddy two hotties waiting for me to take em out have a pint on me mate and wen it’s way down it’s half full not half empty lol

West London

That's what it has become right? A secret that nobody can define? only 3 questions yr slipping mate we don’t know yet mate we’ve not left yet we can do any trade deals until we do

Sure.

Is your answer that you don't know and it may be a complete disaster but we may as well give it a go ofcorse I don’t know I can’t see into the future it may well be a complete disaster but it also may well be a complete success we have to leave to find that out tho there’s a big world outside the eu right guna luv ya and leave ya buddy two hotties waiting for me to take em out have a pint on me mate and wen it’s way down it’s half full not half empty lol"

That is really incredibly persuasive

Back to the bag of unknown content for £10.

That's genuinely your best argument for all of this crap? The division of the country and quite possibly the breakup of the Union?

It could be alright, it could be crap. Haven't really thought about it

Staying in the EU is equivelent to your £10 bag to many. How do you know it isn't? The answer; you don't.

West London

"Staying in the EU is equivelent to your £10 bag to many. How do you know it isn't? The answer; you don't."

No. We know what the EU is and we know what £10 is. It is the status quo which may vary within known parameters.

"Brexit means Brexit" which is as meaningless now as it ever was.

As we are "morons" in your terms, you won't tell us the many benefits of leaving the EU to us and our children. Possibly just your children.

Impossible to know as it remains a big secret

belfast/holywood

"

Unfortunately some people can’t see when they have lost.

This is my all time non-ironic post from a leaver.

Absolute genius!

Unless of course you're a multi millionaire with offshore companies?"

Actually I’m a remainer and would have voted remain again if given the chance

"Staying in the EU is equivelent to your £10 bag to many. How do you know it isn't? The answer; you don't.

No. We know what the EU is and we know what £10 is. It is the status quo which may vary within known parameters.

As we are "morons" in your terms, you won't tell us the many benefits of leaving the EU to us and our children. Possibly just your children.

Impossible to know as it remains a big secret "

Putting words into mouths young sir? I didn't call remainers morons, I said cavemen who wanted to stay in their caves were as opposed the ones with vision who wanted to leave, but if you want to class yourself as a moron I am in no position to disagree

Back to point, no one knows what the EU will be like in the future. My opinion is it will be something I want no part of. Yours is different. Get over it, I have.

West London

"Staying in the EU is equivelent to your £10 bag to many. How do you know it isn't? The answer; you don't.

Putting words into mouths young sir? I didn't call remainers morons, I said cavemen who wanted to stay in their caves were as opposed the ones with vision who wanted to leave, but if you want to class yourself as a moron I am in no position to disagree

Back to point, no one knows what the EU will be like in the future. My opinion is it will be something I want no part of. Yours is different. Get over it, I have."

Ah, pedantry. Arguing your case directly rather than finding an obscure micro victory

Nobody knows the future so you may as well make arbitrary decisions

Really very persuasive. It's good that you are confident enough to explain the benefits of leaving so clearly and in such a reasoned manner

Well done you well you and hitforsix defo sound like the kind of guys to beat the 40 yrs ya party animals bet you guys get plenty party invites over crimbo "

Challenge accepted.

See you in 2059.

Back to point, no one knows what the EU will be like in the future. My opinion is it will be something I want no part of. Yours is different. Get over it, I have.

Ah, pedantry. Arguing your case directly rather than finding an obscure micro victory

Really very persuasive. It's good that you are confident enough to explain the benefits of leaving so clearly and in such a reasoned manner "

Ok Mr Question Master, a few questions for you;

What will the EU be like in 10, 20, 30 and 40 years time?

Will there be a United States of Europe?

Will all countries be classed as European States?

Will there be a European Army?

Will that army go to war aga8nst Russia as they see the EU as an aggressor and massive threat?

If we remained in the EU would the NHS be taken over as part of a central European Health Care?

Will the European Health Care be run on a French, German, Dutch, Polish, or any other country's system?

Will each state parliament now simply be classed as disolved?

If in the EU will the pound ceased to exist?

Will we have the Euro thrust upon us against our will?

Would our money be classed the same as every other state in value regardless of wealth?

Will there be mass genocide or war when it all crumbles as everyother manfactured state has done previously, most recent being the Yugoslav State?

There are sooooo many other questions but that will do for now.

Really very persuasive. It's good that you are confident enough to explain the benefits of leaving so clearly and in such a reasoned manner

Will that army go to war aga8nst Russia as they see the EU as an aggressor and massive threat?

If we remained in the EU would the NHS be taken over as part of a central European Health Care?

Will the European Health Care be run on a French, German, Dutch, Polish, or any other country's system?

Would our money be classed the same as every other state in value regardless of wealth?

Will there be mass genocide or war when it all crumbles as everyother manfactured state has done previously, most recent being the Yugoslav State?

There are sooooo many other questions but that will do for now."

These are piss easy.

First one. Don't know.

Rest. No. Nope and No again.

Where do you get this bollocks from, The lost book of Narnia?

West London

There are sooooo many other questions but that will do for now."

Looks like you've magiced up a few imaginary Daily Mail fears but let's investigate your paranoia

The countries in the EU each have a veto over nearly all of your questions so either option with agreement. It's their choice. It would have been ours. What actual proposals are there for any of these things?

Russia does what Russia wants. What has that to do with the EU beyond its agreed reaction? Possibly a NATO issue.

What "central European healthcare system"? There could be one if there was an agreement not if there weren't. Who's currently discussing it in reality?

I'm sure any country could choose to dissolve it's parliament. Why would it? What proposals exist?

If we wish to dissolve the pound and take the Euro I'm sure we could choose to or choose not to as has been the case for years. What would "thrust" it on us?

I have no idea what this means: 'Would our money be classed the same as every other state in value regardless of wealth?' It's incoherent.

What state created by agreement rather than invasion and Empire has collapsed into genocide?

USA, Germany, Canada, Australia. Are they going OK? The UK appears to be struggling currently though.

Of course, if countries choose not to create a federal state it won't happen anyway.

Now that I've addressed your YouTube conspiracy questions, what are the benefits short, medium and long term of leaving the EU to us and our children?

Wrong on every single point. The answer to each one is you don't know. And using countries made up of states is not the same as countries made into states. The Yugoslav state is a perfect example, but you choose to ignore it.

In conclusion, staying in the EU is as big an unknown as leaving it. I wont bother to post again as you are too thick skinned to accept it or any other opinion that differs to yours.

Ps- as stated in many occassions, I do not read any papers, nor watch You Tube or the like. I make my own opinions based on what I believe. I am not swayed by self proffessed experts.

West London

"Wrong on every single point. The answer to each one is you don't know. And using countries made up of states is not the same as countries made into states. The Yugoslav state is a perfect example, but you choose to ignore it.

In conclusion, staying in the EU is as big an unknown as leaving it. I wont bother to post again as you are too thick skinned to accept it or any other opinion that differs to yours.

Ps- as stated in many occassions, I do not read any papers, nor watch You Tube or the like. I make my own opinions based on what I believe. I am not swayed by self proffessed experts."

As I stated, really very clearly, we can choose as a country to do or not do any of the things that you suggested from your paranoid conspiracies.

How would we be compelled to do any of them?

The only exception is conflict with Russia which is not in anyone's control.

That is true is it not?

Yugoslavia was not created by agreement. It was initially created under Serbian military duress and recreated without agreement as a Communist state after WWII.

Why would you pick this model as an example over the ones that I gave? Do you knew how they were created? There is a clue in the words United and Kingdom as in United and States. How was Germany formed? What about Canada? Australia would be the only exception here but is still a federal structure.

Your conclusions are based on your beliefs rather than any actual information then? You haven't indicated which of your fantasy scenarios are based in any fact.

What are the benefits of leaving the EU in the shirt, medium and long term?

Go on, give it a go or is it still none of my business?

"Wrong on every single point. The answer to each one is you don't know. And using countries made up of states is not the same as countries made into states. The Yugoslav state is a perfect example, but you choose to ignore it.

Ps- as stated in many occassions, I do not read any papers, nor watch You Tube or the like. I make my own opinions based on what I believe. I am not swayed by self proffessed experts."

This bit is the key to your general confusion.

"I make my own opinions based on what I believe".

Top tip:

If you had more information, you would have opinions that are more closely related to reality.

Ps- as stated in many occassions, I do not read any papers, nor watch You Tube or the like. I make my own opinions based on what I believe. I am not swayed by self proffessed experts.

As I stated, really very clearly, we can choose as a country to do or not do any of the things that you suggested from your paranoid conspiracies.

That is true is it not?

Yugoslavia was not created by agreement. It was initially created under Serbian military duress and recreated without agreement as a Communist state after WWII.

Why would you pick this model as an example over the ones that I gave? Do you knew how they were created? There is a clue in the words United and Kingdom as in United and States. How was Germany formed? What about Canada? Australia would be the only exception here but is still a federal structure.

Your conclusions are based on your beliefs rather than any actual information then? You haven't indicated which of your fantasy scenarios are based in any fact.

Go on, give it a go or is it still none of my business? "

Comparing America, Canada and Australia to Yugoslavia is about the stupidiest thing anyone has ever said in the history of stupididity. Well done, have another stupid badge to go with your already vast collection.

As for the EU? My opinion is long term we will be socially and economically better off, benefiting my children. That is the end of it. I know you wont understand that and will come back with loads of questions, normal default, so I wont bother responding as the answer will be the same.

West London

That is true is it not?

Go on, give it a go or is it still none of my business?

Comparing America, Canada and Australia to Yugoslavia is about the stupidiest thing anyone has ever said in the history of stupididity. Well done, have another stupid badge to go with your already vast collection.

As for the EU? My opinion is long term we will be socially and economically better off, benefiting my children. That is the end of it. I know you wont understand that and will come back with loads of questions, normal default, so I wont bother responding as the answer will be the same."

I'm not comparing Yugoslavia to any of those countries.

You've lost the plot. It is a hypothetical comparison of your imaginary EU federal state.

You can't even follow your own rant and you are calling me stupid

Strong finish though. Leaving the EU will be great in the long term based on zero logic or information that you can identify

I have said consistently that it is fine to make a political decision based on belief, but just stop pretending that there is some logical or data driven thought process behind it. There is none, as you have demonstrated. Again

I think you did compare, but really can't be bothered anymore, you bore me. Just acceptother oeople can have a different opinion to you, I don't habe to justify it to you or anyone else. You wouldn't understand anyway.

belfast/holywood

So many of these threads remind me why labour lost so heavily and why the tories won by a country mile .

Be brief.

Be clear

Be consistent

Keep things simple

Be as direct as possible.

Then you go a long way to persuading people you are worth listening to. Labour had none of these traits just left wing gobbledygook without direction that no one wanted or cared about.

canterbury

Hey Boris my old son.....with a majority you have ...get the job done ..things on the up ...don't worry you have no opposition at all ...onwards and upwards ...happy Xmas to all my friends

"Hey Boris my old son.....with a majority you have ...get the job done ..things on the up ...don't worry you have no opposition at all ...onwards and upwards ...happy Xmas to all my friends "

Happy Christmas to you too and a most prosperous New Year

West London

"I think you did compare, but really can't be bothered anymore, you bore me. Just acceptother oeople can have a different opinion to you, I don't habe to justify it to you or anyone else. You wouldn't understand anyway."

I asked an incredibly simple question.

What is the benefit of leaving?

Easy, easy question surely?

No answer.

You then asked me a number of, weird, fantasy questions, which I answered directly.

Still no answer as to what the benefit of leaving the EU is.

Apparently your inability to do so is my fault as I am intellectually challenged.

You have made an excellent case and I look forward to the benefits that you have outlined so clearly

West London

"So many of these threads remind me why labour lost so heavily and why the tories won by a country mile .

Be brief.

Be clear

Be consistent

Keep things simple

Be as direct as possible.

Then you go a long way to persuading people you are worth listening to. Labour had none of these traits just left wing gobbledygook without direction that no one wanted or cared about."

Yes, absolutely the best way to solve a very complex problem is to provide a simple answer that cannot be achieved

canterbury

No more rat face macron trying to tell us how to run our country ...whilst his own goes down the pan....

"No more rat face macron trying to tell us how to run our country ...whilst his own goes down the pan...."

What has Macron told us to do?

"I think you did compare, but really can't be bothered anymore, you bore me. Just acceptother oeople can have a different opinion to you, I don't habe to justify it to you or anyone else. You wouldn't understand anyway.

No answer.

You then asked me a number of, weird, fantasy questions, which I answered directly.

Apparently your inability to do so is my fault as I am intellectually challenged.

You have made an excellent case and I look forward to the benefits that you have outlined so clearly "

5 year old is back asking questions again

I would happily drink with most people on here irrespective of their political views but you would be a nightmare when it is your round.

"What do you want to drink?"

"Pint of lager please"

"Why?"

"Because its what I want"

"Why do you want it? What is the benefit?"

"It's just what I want"

"That's not clear enough answer. What is the benefit to me of you having a pint of lager? Why don't you have tap water?"

"Because I want a pint of lager"

"How will that improve your night compared to tap water?"

"Because in my opinion I will enjoy a pint of lager more and get more out of it"

"What evidence do you have of that?"

"It is my opinion, I just want a pint of lager"

"Why can't you just answer a simple question? What benefit is there and what proof do you have?"

"It is just my opinion, all I wamt is a pint of lager and to enjoy life"

"It has been proved tap water is better for you and will benefit me financially. I don't care what you want, just answer the question. Why?"

"Fuck off, I'll buy my own pint!"

"Well that is stupid. Why but a pint it will obviously make you worse off than if I give you tap water?"

"I JUST WANT A FUCKING PINT!"

"As soon as you shout you loose the argument"

* calls Uber and goes home

canterbury

Stay in the great eu dictatorship

"Stay in the great eu dictatorship"

What's wrong with our totalitarian state?

belfast/holywood

"I think you did compare, but really can't be bothered anymore, you bore me. Just acceptother oeople can have a different opinion to you, I don't habe to justify it to you or anyone else. You wouldn't understand anyway.

No answer.

You have made an excellent case and I look forward to the benefits that you have outlined so clearly

I would happily drink with most people on here irrespective of their political views but you would be a nightmare when it is your round.

"Pint of lager please"

"Why?"

"It's just what I want"

"That's not clear enough answer. What is the benefit to me of you having a pint of lager? Why don't you have tap water?"

"Because in my opinion I will enjoy a pint of lager more and get more out of it"

"Why can't you just answer a simple question? What benefit is there and what proof do you have?"

"It has been proved tap water is better for you and will benefit me financially. I don't care what you want, just answer the question. Why?"

"Well that is stupid. Why but a pint it will obviously make you worse off than if I give you tap water?"

* calls Uber and goes home "

Classic

No answer.

"Pint of lager please"

"Why?"

"It's just what I want"

That's funny

West London

No answer.

"Pint of lager please"

"Why?"

"It's just what I want"

One question. Umpteen posts by you. Still no answer

What is the benefit of leaving the EU?

No answer.

"Pint of lager please"

"Why?"

"It's just what I want"

Midlands

"What is the benefit of leaving the EU?"

Saving the membership fee and pissing off people exactly like you

West London

"What is the benefit of leaving the EU?

Saving the membership fee and pissing off people exactly like you "

It's a very curious thing to do. Base your decisions on annoying other people.

That sounds bitter and somewhat malicious.

I guess that's just you. Whatever makes you happy

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

"What is the benefit of leaving the EU?

Saving the membership fee and pissing off people exactly like you

It's a very curious thing to do. Base your decisions on annoying other people.

That sounds bitter and somewhat malicious.

I guess that's just you. Whatever makes you happy "

Surely at the time of the EU referendum you would have researched for yourself the good and bad points of staying or leaving?

How else would you have made your own decision on which way to vote?

» Add a new message to this topic