FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > French general strike.

French general strike.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

One million people on the streets, yet bugger all coverage. What are they afraid of?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It is the French way lol

salisbury

"It is the French way lol"

Lol true, i always find it rather hypocritical when their authorities try and break them up!

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

That’s the French for ya

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Vive la révolution

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"yet bugger all coverage"

In the French media or the UK's? BREXSHIT and BoJo's latest might be screaming headlines and click-bait over here, but doesn't even merit page 10 of a French or German newspaper ("World News", and even then just a small paragraph after coverage of a forest fire in Outer Mongolia and a train crash in New Zealand).

The French don't sit around reading newspapers or tapping away on their computers if they feel aggrieved... they get out on the streets with a couple of petrol bombs!

salisbury

""yet bugger all coverage"

In the French media or the UK's? BREXSHIT and BoJo's latest might be screaming headlines and click-bait over here, but doesn't even merit page 10 of a French or German newspaper ("World News", and even then just a small paragraph after coverage of a forest fire in Outer Mongolia and a train crash in New Zealand).

The French don't sit around reading newspapers or tapping away on their computers if they feel aggrieved... they get out on the streets with a couple of petrol bombs!"

Story Count from:

BBC - 0

CNN - 0

FOX - 0

CBS - 0

MSNBC - 0

WaPo - 0

ABC - 0

Wall St Journal - 0

NPR - 0

PBS - 0

New York Times.1

Bristol East

I saw a headline on BBC this morning about Macron appealing to workers not to spoil the country's Christmas.

We came home from Gran Canaria two weeks ago. Our plane was 3 hours late because some air traffic controllers were on strike.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think we are so used to the french striking that it’s no longer news worthy

salisbury

"I think we are so used to the french striking that it’s no longer news worthy "

Doesn't stop coverage of Hong Kong though.

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

It should be enshrined in law that any member of the public affected by a strike should be able to demand compensation from the union or be able to sue them.

"It should be enshrined in law that any member of the public affected by a strike should be able to demand compensation from the union or be able to sue them. "

Gets my vote

"It should be enshrined in law that any member of the public affected by a strike should be able to demand compensation from the union or be able to sue them. "

Don't worry. We're about to brexit and scrap workers rights.

Anyone caught slacking in the gulags will not be in employment for long.

#brexitbenefits

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"I think we are so used to the french striking that it’s no longer news worthy

Doesn't stop coverage of Hong Kong though. "

Those are "good" strikers wanting Western Democracy.

The French are "bad" strikers who want things like workers rights...

Newbury

"It should be enshrined in law that any member of the public affected by a strike should be able to demand compensation from the union or be able to sue them.

Gets my vote "

You'd quite literally vote for slavery?

Could happen. It will be the erosion of rights for the working class. Royal Mail staff tried to call a strike over pay, work schedules and job security but RM took the union to court and won. The elites in action and possibly just the beginning

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Doesn't stop coverage of Hong Kong though. "

yeah... don't think the hong kong comparison is the one i would be making! you know... that whole "democracy" malarky!!!

unless you are trying to say the french should be more like the chinese in their attitude... in which case

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"It should be enshrined in law that any member of the public affected by a strike should be able to demand compensation from the union or be able to sue them.

Could happen. It will be the erosion of rights for the working class. Royal Mail staff tried to call a strike over pay, work schedules and job security but RM took the union to court and won. The elites in action and possibly just the beginning "

They won the case because the Union vote was flawed in process.

Unless you are calling in to question, the impartiality of the judiciary?

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the Utter Fucking Gobshite Party.

Gets my vote

You'd quite literally vote for slavery? "

Did you vote to scrap workers rights? Why the sudden concern!

salisbury

yeah... don't think the hong kong comparison is the one i would be making! you know... that whole "democracy" malarky!!!

unless you are trying to say the french should be more like the chinese in their attitude... in which case "

Amazes me how "they" won't tell you what's happening on you doorstep, but they will let you know what's happening on the other side of the planet.

Newbury

Gets my vote

Did you vote to scrap workers rights? Why the sudden concern!"

No. The EU does nothing to safeguard worker's rights. Social EU legislation, which supposedly leads to better working conditions, has not saved one job and is riddled with opt-outs for employers to largely ignore any perceived benefits they may bring to workers. But it is making zero-hour contracts and agency-working the norm while undermining collective bargaining and full-time, secure employment.

Workers rights only ever come from collective action by the workers and a strong labour movement.

Gets my vote

No. The EU does nothing to safeguard worker's rights. Social EU legislation, which supposedly leads to better working conditions, has not saved one job and is riddled with opt-outs for employers to largely ignore any perceived benefits they may bring to workers. But it is making zero-hour contracts and agency-working the norm while undermining collective bargaining and full-time, secure employment.

Workers rights only ever come from collective action by the workers and a strong labour movement."

More to it than that. Here's some basic info.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_labour_law

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I like it

Newbury

Gets my vote

Workers rights only ever come from collective action by the workers and a strong labour movement.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_labour_law"

So the piecemeal EU legislation wasn't a result of collective bargaining?

Gets my vote

So the piecemeal EU legislation wasn't a result of collective bargaining? "

It maybe piecemeal. But it's better than nothing. Which is what we're heading for.

As with all the EU "red tape". They're minimum standards. Nothing to stop the UK from having better laws.

Newbury

Gets my vote

It maybe piecemeal. But it's better than nothing. Which is what we're heading for.

As with all the EU "red tape". They're minimum standards. Nothing to stop the UK from having better laws. "

We don't have nothing - yet.

The Unions are still a thing, you know.

Gets my vote

As with all the EU "red tape". They're minimum standards. Nothing to stop the UK from having better laws.

We don't have nothing - yet.

The Unions are still a thing, you know.

"

You're a confusing chap.

"One million people on the streets, yet bugger all coverage. What are they afraid of?"

Contagion!.

Besides they've got a neo liberal globalist leader, nothing to see here .

unless you are trying to say the french should be more like the chinese in their attitude... in which case

Amazes me how "they" won't tell you what's happening on you doorstep, but they will let you know what's happening on the other side of the planet."

Stop taking the news seriously, it won't educate you, although if you learn to see through it you might see there agenda.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Amazes me how "they" won't tell you what's happening on you doorstep, but they will let you know what's happening on the other side of the planet..

Stop taking the news seriously, it won't educate you, although if you learn to see through it you might see there agenda. "

And what agenda is that?

Bristol East

Nothing to stop you raising a civil action as it is, if a service is denied to you.

Or to recover the cost of, say, a ticket you could not use on a bus or a train.

Your "contract" is with the service provider, however, not the labour that provides it.

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

Nothing to stop you raising a civil action as it is, if a service is denied to you.

Or to recover the cost of, say, a ticket you could not use on a bus or a train.

Your "contract" is with the service provider, however, not the labour that provides it.

"

You forget that the small print on many French service terms and conditions anticipate this.

Bristol East

I don't know anything about France. I was responding to someone who thought unions should be liable for any loss of service to consumers.

Wow....this is the most stupid post of the year yet....you can already claim against the service provider under EU rules so its not even a thing....although after Brexit who knows? Try getting money out of Ryanair after we leave....that’ll show you how a free for all works!

» Add a new message to this topic