FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Why do you?

Why do you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Feel a particular way about the thing you detest the most?

And what events brought you to that conclusion?

All thoughts welcome no judgment

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

International Aid

I don't detest it but it's the thing I dislike the most to do on the political spectrum.

If a disaster hits a foreign country then by all means help out as we do now but other than that we should focus on our own people in need and the 12 billion would go well towards our own homeless and other underfunded areas of health care, jobs, training etc.

The madness of International Aid is the UK borrowing money to then send money to countries that have their own space and or Nuclear weapons programs.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Detest is a strong word.

Sure, there are things in the world I disagree with. Lots of things.

But they are not in my control to change.

There is a Chinese proverb somewhere that says something like: "Worry about the things you can control, welcome what you cannot".

Worrying about the things you cannot control is a cause of stress.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

- Ghandi

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

"International Aid

I don't detest it but it's the thing I dislike the most to do on the political spectrum.

If a disaster hits a foreign country then by all means help out as we do now but other than that we should focus on our own people in need and the 12 billion would go well towards our own homeless and other underfunded areas of health care, jobs, training etc.

The madness of International Aid is the UK borrowing money to then send money to countries that have their own space and or Nuclear weapons programs. "

It's just the wrong name, that's all. Why do we give money to China, for example? It's to promote British influence and as a weapon of British trade. All part of doing business. It benefits us more than them. We also use it to reduce migration to Europe.

The poorest countries get a very small percentage of our money. Who cares about the poor, hey?

I don't mind too much that it is used for those purposes, but it should be re-named so British people understand it would never be spent on the poor in the UK instead if it was redirected. Hardly anyone in politics cares about the poor, in any country.

Bristol East

Re China, this is from the UK Gov website:

"Today’s Mail on Sunday reports that China is set to give the Russian government money as part of the country's aid and loan programmes, while claiming that the UK government gives aid to China.

"To be clear, no UK aid goes to Russia and in fact no DFID money goes to China.

"We provide expertise to help China deliver their international development programmes more effectively, which benefits the poorest countries around the world. This includes boosting economic development in Africa to help end poverty and strengthen global prosperity, and increasing global protection against pandemics and diseases, which is in all our interests.

"The UK ended traditional aid programmes to China in 2011. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have programmes with China that cover trade and investment and grants to trusted independent delivery partners to tackle global issues and development challenges."

Bristol East

But the UK does need money from China.

The Communist Party has huge currency reserves.

The UK has a current account deficit, meaning £s are constantly leaking from the UK.

So the Conservative Party welcomes the Communist Party with open arms when it comes to spending their money in the UK.

Nothing wrong with communism when it comes bearing pots of money, eh?

Bristol East

* balance of payments deficit, rather than current account

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

A fast paced world.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We all have our own biases, they are part of what makes us human. I like to think that many of my strongly held opinions have come from what I have learned, thought about or from mistakes that I've made.

I like to improve things and dislike injustice and am interested in the wellbeing of people and the planet, including other forms of life here.

A mixed bag of drivers and reasons, largely as I'm a decent and respectful person

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Detest is a strong word.

There is a Chinese proverb somewhere that says something like: "Worry about the things you can control, welcome what you cannot".

- Ghandi

"

Perhaps you should follow those proverbs instead of mithering about brexit so much, you have no control over that whatsoever

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

- Ghandi

Perhaps you should follow those proverbs instead of mithering about brexit so much, you have no control over that whatsoever "

So you don't believe in democracy then?

Why all the pretence about "taking back control" then?

-Matt

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Yes I certainly believe in democracy, but unlike remainers I believe in it at all times not just when it goes the way I want, when it doesn't I stop worrying about things I cant change and make the best of it.

Perhaps all the sore losers could make a new year's resolution to stop acting like spoilt two year olds and move on

- Ghandi

Perhaps you should follow those proverbs instead of mithering about brexit so much, you have no control over that whatsoever

So you don't believe in democracy then?

Why all the pretence about "taking back control" then?

-Matt"

By *hMyGawdCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Love Island.

Such a celebration of shallow mindlessness, creating more celebrities out of people with no redeeming qualities.

» Add a new message to this topic