FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Grand solar minimum

Grand solar minimum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

Triggering more volcanic eruptions. Only gonna get worse! Book your holidays carefully..

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

Oh dear what are all the global warming brigade going to do when the earth starts getting colder again?

salisbury

"Oh dear what are all the global warming brigade going to do when the earth starts getting colder again? "

Glue themselves to something i assume. *shurgs*

near ipswich

Its predicted to last only for 70 years so i guess the kids of the kids who are trying to cool the earth will be trying to warm it up again.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Phew. I am so relieved that the melting of the cavity of the Thwaites crater is responsible for the cavity and not global warming.

It's like finding a murder victim with two bullet wounds and a knife sticking out of them and then pronouncing that they died of natural causes when you find out they had cancer too.

Yes there are natural events that change weather patterns. Yes climatic change exists. No its isn't supposed to change at 50 times the normal rate.

Oh a science thread started by the anti science team.

Marking this for future hilarity.

"Oh a science thread started by the anti science team.

Marking this for future hilarity."

It's all good news really. We don't have to worry about the Amazon burning, because Australia is burning too. We don't have to worry about the glaciers because one of them has a volcano adding to the damage we're doing. Phew!

Steak for dinner every night this week!

Can't stand that 17 year old wanting oxygen in the air for her generation. Who does she think she is?

salisbury

It's all good news really. We don't have to worry about the Amazon burning, because Australia is burning too. We don't have to worry about the glaciers because one of them has a volcano adding to the damage we're doing. Phew!

Can't stand that 17 year old wanting oxygen in the air for her generation. Who does she think she is?"

That's a 17 year old who is the only human in history that can actually see CO2....

Can't stand that 17 year old wanting oxygen in the air for her generation. Who does she think she is?

That's a 17 year old who is the only human in history that can actually see CO2.... "

Nope. I can see it too.

It's how I know when my coca cola has gone flat

https://youtu.be/ewJ6TI8ccAw

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Oh dear what are all the global warming brigade going to do when the earth starts getting colder again?

Glue themselves to something i assume. *shurgs*"

You're not someone who is in full agreement with most professional climate science experts c. 99% of whom accept the evidence for man made global heating?

"Oh dear what are all the global warming brigade going to do when the earth starts getting colder again?

You're not someone who is in full agreement with most professional climate science experts c. 99% of whom accept the evidence for man made global heating?

"

The OP is famously in agreement with the 1% who have their research paid for by the fossil fuels industry.

salisbury

"

The mainstream media peddle the claim that 97% of (climate) scientists believe in man-made Global-Warming and that, therefore, there is no debate to be had on the subject. This is false and irrelevant. To get the 97% figure, they basically counted people who had mentioned Climate-Change in an abstract or heading of a scientific paper. Dr Legates has reviewed the work and shows that, in fact, only 0.3% of the papers claim that ‘man had caused most post-1950 warming’.

I was reading recently that iof the 3% 38 papers put to peer review over the last 10 years were found to have errors that placed them back in line with 97%..

The mainstream media peddle the claim that 97% of (climate) scientists believe in man-made Global-Warming and that, therefore, there is no debate to be had on the subject. This is false and irrelevant. To get the 97% figure, they basically counted people who had mentioned Climate-Change in an abstract or heading of a scientific paper. Dr Legates has reviewed the work and shows that, in fact, only 0.3% of the papers claim that ‘man had caused most post-1950 warming’. "

You could believe

A. A man on the internet who doesn't understand information, doesn't know what science is. On his side we have Trump, the oil industry, Alex Jones and UKIP

Or

B. All the world's climate scientists not employed by the fossil fuels industry. On this side we have everyone who can read and understand the science and information.

Fuck the guardian in general. But this illustrates the level of consensus.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jul/24/scientific-consensus-on-humans-causing-global-warming-passes-99

This article explains some very basic premises. For those who want a basic overview.

https://www.iflscience.com/environment/things-people-ask-about-scientific-consensus-climate-change/

Th only thing thing that is important is there is consensus.

If 9 out of 10 doctors diagnosed you with cancer you’re always going to get a fool who chooses the 1 who gives them the alll clear.

Let them be ..

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

That's a 17 year old who is the only human in history that can actually see CO2.... "

Except of course she never actually claimed she can see CO2. It was a metaphor.

Good grief, climate conspiracy theorists are so dumb it's painful.

salisbury

"

That's a 17 year old who is the only human in history that can actually see CO2....

Good grief, climate conspiracy theorists are so dumb it's painful. "

I guess we'd have to ask her dad what he ment..

"

Good grief, climate conspiracy theorists are so dumb it's painful. "

It’s an ongoing smear campaign to question her mental health by sad individuals.

We should be more concerned about the mental health of adults who feel threatened by a passionate child climate change activist.

Central

This on the day that research is published showing that the worlds oceans to a depth of 2,000 meters are the hottest ever, with heating over the past decade also showing consistent heating and the hottest decade on record. This is a major concern a our oceans absorb 90% of the world's heat.

It's tragic that some minds feebly are unable or unwilling to study the IPCC reports and credible published experts evidence. Instead, we get some pitiful excuses for alternative viewpoints, supporting deniers paid for by the fossil fuel industry etc.

The point of questioning the certainty of catastrophic global heating underway that's predominantly caused by humans is already passed. Deniers you missed it.

I just think mother nature is a beautiful powerful thing x

salisbury

"

It’s an ongoing smear campaign to question her mental health by sad individuals.

We should be more concerned about the mental health of adults who feel threatened by a passionate child climate change activist.

"

She doesn't write her own posts or speeches, it's not about Greta.

salisbury

"This on the day that research is published showing that the worlds oceans to a depth of 2,000 meters are the hottest ever, with heating over the past decade also showing consistent heating and the hottest decade on record. This is a major concern a our oceans absorb 90% of the world's heat.

It's tragic that some minds feebly are unable or unwilling to study the IPCC reports and credible published experts evidence. Instead, we get some pitiful excuses for alternative viewpoints, supporting deniers paid for by the fossil fuel industry etc.

The point of questioning the certainty of catastrophic global heating underway that's predominantly caused by humans is already passed. Deniers you missed it. "

The wool has already been pulled over your eyes.

"This on the day that research is published showing that the worlds oceans to a depth of 2,000 meters are the hottest ever, with heating over the past decade also showing consistent heating and the hottest decade on record. This is a major concern a our oceans absorb 90% of the world's heat.

The point of questioning the certainty of catastrophic global heating underway that's predominantly caused by humans is already passed. Deniers you missed it.

The wool has already been pulled over your eyes. "

Oh the irony.

"

She doesn't write her own posts or speeches, it's not about Greta."

In her own words...Enjoy

“Of course the ongoing hate campaigns never rests…

There is at least one new conspiracy theory a day.

The latest - and perhaps most entertaining - spin is that ”I can see CO2 with my own eyes”.

This is of course a metaphor from a book taken out of it's context, taken from a German newspaper.

No one has said that I can literally see CO2… that is beyond stupid.

This should of course not be necessary to mention but since some respected newspapers have written about this without realizing that this is a fake news campaign I thought it was best to point this out.

While I am at it I also want to point out that when I say that ”our civilisation is almost like a castle built in the sand” or that ”our house on fire” these are metaphors too

PS This book is written by my family and our earnings from this book will go to charity.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"

She doesn't write her own posts or speeches, it's not about Greta.

In her own words...Enjoy

“Of course the ongoing hate campaigns never rests…

There is at least one new conspiracy theory a day.

The latest - and perhaps most entertaining - spin is that ”I can see CO2 with my own eyes”.

This is of course a metaphor from a book taken out of it's context, taken from a German newspaper.

No one has said that I can literally see CO2… that is beyond stupid.

This should of course not be necessary to mention but since some respected newspapers have written about this without realizing that this is a fake news campaign I thought it was best to point this out.

While I am at it I also want to point out that when I say that ”our civilisation is almost like a castle built in the sand” or that ”our house on fire” these are metaphors too

PS This book is written by my family and our earnings from this book will go to charity.

"

Hahahaha. Brilliant. I love how she causes so many middle aged men so much insecurity.

-Matt

https://youtu.be/gl99R6FM5s8

This helped me with my anger issues. I hope it helps others too...

[Removed by poster at 14/01/20 13:42:48]

If Trump wrote his own speeches he wouldn't use unpronounceable words like.....

"Tolerated"

If global warming causes sea level rises the will the beaches be nearer to my house?

"If global warming causes sea level rises the will the beaches be nearer to my house?"

The river Severn will be closer your house.You could take your bucket and spade there..

salisbury

"If global warming causes sea level rises the will the beaches be nearer to my house?"

With record cold temperatures across Canada last night, it seems unlikely.

"If global warming causes sea level rises the will the beaches be nearer to my house?

With record cold temperatures across Canada last night, it seems unlikely. "

I remember years ago being taught in school that Peterborough would be a seaside resort still not happened.

Well, everytime I go to the coast it never looks any different

"If global warming causes sea level rises the will the beaches be nearer to my house?

I remember years ago being taught in school that Peterborough would be a seaside resort still not happened. "

Really? You must have gone to a terrible school

I love the logic of climate change deniers.

I had fabulous meal last night all this talk of world hunger is absolute bollocks.

There are no starving people on this planet.

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

It has been a bit chilly lately. Mind you - it is winter. Just put an extra jumper on folks

"It has been a bit chilly lately. Mind you - it is winter. Just put an extra jumper on folks"

A new maximum temperature for December in the UK has been confirmed.

A temperature of 18.7C was reached at Achfary, in the Scottish Highlands, on 28 December.

The Met Office has now verified it was the hottest day of the month on record in Britain.

"It has been a bit chilly lately. Mind you - it is winter. Just put an extra jumper on folks

A temperature of 18.7C was reached at Achfary, in the Scottish Highlands, on 28 December.

The Met Office has now verified it was the hottest day of the month on record in Britain. "

Think of all that potential pollution from heating systems that's being saved from the environment if it's been nice n warm

Great news don't you think

belfast/holywood

"It has been a bit chilly lately. Mind you - it is winter. Just put an extra jumper on folks

The Met Office has now verified it was the hottest day of the month on record in Britain. "

That’s great - everyone saves on their heating bills during what used to be a tadge chilly time of year

belfast/holywood

And here...... you see all these millions of electric cars due in the next few years ......where us this dramatic demand for electricity coming from?. We can barely keep the grid going when we want to cook a turkey once a year. But everyone plugging in a million cars each night ?. That’s a lot of windmills ( which everyone complains about cos they are ugly). Nuclear?- far too dangerous . Gas ?- fossil fuel - bad . Coal - ?god no unless you are a yank or Chinese. Solar?. Nah - upsets birds that cannot land on your roof . Tidal leccy - ?bad for the fish. Fracking?... too many loony left protesters. Oil?.. running out. Any ideas ?

The Met Office has now verified it was the hottest day of the month on record in Britain.

Think of all that potential pollution from heating systems that's being saved from the environment if it's been nice n warm

Great news don't you think "

Yes it’s awesome.Nothing like a flaming kangaroo to bring in the new year...

belfast/holywood

Yes it’s awesome.Nothing like a flaming kangaroo to bring in the new year... "

Exactly - those kangas need culling real bad. Hurting too many fences

Exactly there’s nothing more heart warming than a koala bear spontaneously combusting.

Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling..

salisbury

Just weather though isn't it? Or are the record cold temperatures in Canada evidence of global cooling? Or is anything unusually warm, climate change, and anything unusually cold, weather?

Yes it’s awesome.Nothing like a flaming kangaroo to bring in the new year... "

Saves cooking it in the oven, win win yet again

Yes it’s awesome.Nothing like a flaming kangaroo to bring in the new year...

Saves cooking it in the oven, win win yet again "

Now there is no need to ,throw another koala on the barbie mate ...

You can pluck them from trees ready cooked..

I remember years ago being taught in school that Peterborough would be a seaside resort still not happened.

Really? You must have gone to a terrible school "

It's an urban myth

It's an urban myth "

There’s an urban myth that says if you utter Greta Thunberg's name three times over a vegan sausage roll, an angry middle-aged man's willy drops off.

It's an urban myth "

Bath tub effect theory doesn't work. You cannot measure sea level in one place.

As the Gulf stream slows England will get colder.

Central

The wool has already been pulled over your eyes. "

You deny the human caused global heating then?

The current records are showing 2019 ocean temperatures from the surface through several thousand meters down, are the hottest on record and 2019 air temperature 2nd highest on record, second to 2016 which had the influences of man made global heating and a natural el nino event, which added to the heating effect.

Think about it. Last year was the hottest on record in the oceans, which hold more than 90% of the heat on earth. And last years land temperature 2nd highest, but for 2016. The last decade was the hottest ever.

Evidence shows humans have caused that heating - the natural influences are miniscule within that huge heating increase.

We all are driven by our motivationss in life and perhaps you really don't care. And yet you care enough to repeatedly post BS that is totally opposite to what all climatolgy experts state. I'm assuming that you have zero expertise, notwithstanding flippant comment posting, in that scientific area.

You mention wool pulled over my eyes. I'm as readily duped as the next person but I hold those with far greater expertise than I, with reasonable credibility, when understanding their work, increasing this esteem within the context of the literature, which is in full general agreement.

If you are unable to cite credible research evidence that is contrary to the acknowledged position of the significant global expertise, it simply seems a facile mindset, for whatever your challenges are with this or people here.

Thankfully there is extensive data and pertinent analysis out there.

"Triggering more volcanic eruptions. Only gonna get worse! Book your holidays carefully.."

Tell me more I'm interested in how a grand solar minium could trigger volcanoes?

salisbury

The current records are showing 2019 ocean temperatures from the surface through several thousand meters down, are the hottest on record and 2019 air temperature 2nd highest on record, second to 2016 which had the influences of man made global heating and a natural el nino event, which added to the heating effect.

Think about it. Last year was the hottest on record in the oceans, which hold more than 90% of the heat on earth. And last years land temperature 2nd highest, but for 2016. The last decade was the hottest ever.

Evidence shows humans have caused that heating - the natural influences are miniscule within that huge heating increase.

We all are driven by our motivationss in life and perhaps you really don't care. And yet you care enough to repeatedly post BS that is totally opposite to what all climatolgy experts state. I'm assuming that you have zero expertise, notwithstanding flippant comment posting, in that scientific area.

You mention wool pulled over my eyes. I'm as readily duped as the next person but I hold those with far greater expertise than I, with reasonable credibility, when understanding their work, increasing this esteem within the context of the literature, which is in full general agreement.

If you are unable to cite credible research evidence that is contrary to the acknowledged position of the significant global expertise, it simply seems a facile mindset, for whatever your challenges are with this or people here.

Thankfully there is extensive data and pertinent analysis out there. "

If course there is there's an industry built upon it, and a huge ponzy scheme being pushed by the UN to "fix" it...

Thankfully there is extensive data and pertinent analysis out there. "

2019 is becoming known in some circles as the year we reached consensus on this.

Since it has become known that the Koch Brothers ploughed millions of dollars into false science it has been widely accepted that the fruit from this poisonous tree is untrustworthy.

For people to still believe in the lie even after it has been exposed as such just proves people will believe whatever they want to believe regardless of the facts. Al Gore called it the inconvenient truth because it is just that. Inconvenient. We need to change and that's not easy. It's easier to stick your head in the sand.

Yes there are places where climate change is natural. But when things are changing at 50 times the normal rate.... come on!

If course there is there's an industry built upon it, and a huge ponzy scheme being pushed by the UN to "fix" it..."

Innuendo is not evidence of anything, except a lack of credible evidence.

salisbury

Do you know by how many degrees the sea has warmed above the previous average?

Central

If course there is there's an industry built upon it, and a huge ponzy scheme being pushed by the UN to "fix" it..."

Notwithstanding any ponzi scheme that may exist - do you refute the acknowledged position that humans are the cause of the significant levels of climate heating underway? What's previously been referred to by others, as man made climate change? As you've referred to, this is not the transient weather but the long term climate.

"Triggering more volcanic eruptions. Only gonna get worse! Book your holidays carefully...

Tell me more I'm interested in how a grand solar minium could trigger volcanoes?"

When this was first mentioned I was interested but was not given a link. On googling this there are reports going back to 2014 about volcano/volcanoes in this region. It may account for a huge cavern in the Thwaites glacier but does not detract from the fact that warmer ocean currents are melting the glaciers at an alarming rate.

Just because there is evidence of natural warming does not disprove the existence of anthropogenic climate change.

salisbury

"Do you know by how many degrees the sea has warmed above the previous average?"

Anyone?

"Do you know by how many degrees the sea has warmed above the previous average?

Anyone?"

Why would anyone attempt to answer a fact based question when you ignore facts, information, and context, in favour of rumour and speculation peddled by the fossil fuels industry.

The only interesting question here is why people deny scientific understanding and knowledge.

My favourite theory is that it's just easier to crack on as is, ignoring the world around them in blissful ignorance. And that the problem is too much for some people to comprehend.

The last decade has been confirmed as warmest on record. The 10 years to the end of 2019 have been confirmed as the warmest decade on record by three global agencies. According to Nasa, Noaa and the UK Met Office, last year was the second warmest in a record dating back to 1850.

salisbury

Anyone?"

So no one knows... amazing..

salisbury

" The last decade has been confirmed as warmest on record. The 10 years to the end of 2019 have been confirmed as the warmest decade on record by three global agencies. According to Nasa, Noaa and the UK Met Office, last year was the second warmest in a record dating back to 1850.

"

What was the co2 ppm content in 1850? Must have been high to attain higher temperatures back then i guess.

Anyone?"

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-sea-surface-temperature

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

Anyone?

So no one knows... amazing.."

It's not amazing that you don't know.

salisbury

Anyone?

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/climate-change-indicators-sea-surface-temperature"

So, approx 0.6 of a degree Celsius above the mean.

salisbury

2019 ocean temp was 0.075C warmer than the 1981-2010 average...

Im not going to panic just yet.

I wonder who sponsored the study?

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

In the linked article that say

Based on the historical record, increases in sea surface temperature have largely occurred over two key periods: between 1910 and 1940, and from about 1970 to the present. 

Why did it warm between 1910 and 1940 when we weren't chucking out much co2? Could it be that the warming between 1970 and the present day is caused by something other than co2 just like 1910 to 1940?

"Triggering more volcanic eruptions. Only gonna get worse! Book your holidays carefully...

Tell me more I'm interested in how a grand solar minium could trigger volcanoes?

When this was first mentioned I was interested but was not given a link. On googling this there are reports going back to 2014 about volcano/volcanoes in this region. It may account for a huge cavern in the Thwaites glacier but does not detract from the fact that warmer ocean currents are melting the glaciers at an alarming rate.

Just because there is evidence of natural warming does not disprove the existence of anthropogenic climate change."

O i was genuinely interested in the mechanics of it but alas there's no answers?.

From what I googled it seems there's a suggestion between the magnetosphere and solar intensity but there's nothing concrete.

Have we measured the magnetosphere dropping in recent years?, is there just a correlation or actual science on the relationship?.

Too many questions and not enough answers.

Central

If course there is there's an industry built upon it, and a huge ponzy scheme being pushed by the UN to "fix" it...

Notwithstanding any ponzi scheme that may exist - do you refute the acknowledged position that humans are the cause of the significant levels of climate heating underway? What's previously been referred to by others, as man made climate change? As you've referred to, this is not the transient weather but the long term climate.

"

I note no reply, whilst other comments made, deflecting away from this point.

" The last decade has been confirmed as warmest on record. The 10 years to the end of 2019 have been confirmed as the warmest decade on record by three global agencies. According to Nasa, Noaa and the UK Met Office, last year was the second warmest in a record dating back to 1850.

What was the co2 ppm content in 1850? Must have been high to attain higher temperatures back then i guess. "

Here's an idea. Instead of staying confused. Why not try reading up on the science behind climate change.

Learning, knowledge and understanding is the way to beat ignorance in any given subject.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"Phew. I am so relieved that the melting of the cavity of the Thwaites crater is responsible for the cavity and not global warming.

It's like finding a murder victim with two bullet wounds and a knife sticking out of them and then pronouncing that they died of natural causes when you find out they had cancer too.

Yes there are natural events that change weather patterns. Yes climatic change exists. No its isn't supposed to change at 50 times the normal rate. "

Ok, So then what difference does it make? We are not “Killing the planet” we can’t & we could start ww3 and pretty much wipe ourselves out & we still wouldn’t be killing the planet!

Ok so killing off whole species of animal life isn’t big or clever but 95% of species were already extinct long before we arrived on the scene.

No matter what we do this planet will continue on its merry way for around another five billion years. Before the Sun runs out of fuel & it gets cooked.

When man loses his ego & wakes up to the fact that in the whole scheme of things not only are we as insignificant as one grain of sand on the Earth but so is the Earth itself.

By the way I’m not saying do nothing at all I’m just doubtful of the integrity of any “plan/remedy” where someone is making money or multi million pound companies need government subsidies to go “Green”.

I do dislike Greta though, reminds me of a certain German who made speeches in Nuremberg. Mind you least he wrote his own stuff.

S

"Phew. I am so relieved that the melting of the cavity of the Thwaites crater is responsible for the cavity and not global warming.

Yes there are natural events that change weather patterns. Yes climatic change exists. No its isn't supposed to change at 50 times the normal rate.

Ok, So then what difference does it make? We are not “Killing the planet” we can’t & we could start ww3 and pretty much wipe ourselves out & we still wouldn’t be killing the planet!

Ok so killing off whole species of animal life isn’t big or clever but 95% of species were already extinct long before we arrived on the scene.

No matter what we do this planet will continue on its merry way for around another five billion years. Before the Sun runs out of fuel & it gets cooked.

When man loses his ego & wakes up to the fact that in the whole scheme of things not only are we as insignificant as one grain of sand on the Earth but so is the Earth itself.

By the way I’m not saying do nothing at all I’m just doubtful of the integrity of any “plan/remedy” where someone is making money or multi million pound companies need government subsidies to go “Green”.

I do dislike Greta though, reminds me of a certain German who made speeches in Nuremberg. Mind you least he wrote his own stuff.

S

"

What is it about this girl that makes some men so insecure?

West Wales

S

What is it about this girl that makes some men so insecure?"

My father was a print union rep in the 60’s & 70’s where he’d talk at National level.

One thing he instilled in me when younger, never shout, never get angry, those who do have failed & no matter what they are talking about or what point they are trying to put across their credibility to many is lost. Wouldn’t matter to me whether she was a he & 50yrs old I still wouldn’t like them.

As I’ve said previously in other threads on the subject when they make a behind the scenes documentary where she’s writing & researching everything then I’d be more impressed, until then she’s just a sales pitch to the young.

S

belfast/holywood

[Removed by poster at 16/01/20 08:30:05]

belfast/holywood

You don’t have to be insecure to think someone’s a twat

"

One thing he instilled in me when younger, never shout, never get angry, those who do have failed

"

In his view.

It does strike me as extremely presumptuous and arrogance when a person dictates that a certain scenario does bring about a certain result , expecting everyone else to accept that model.

"

2019 ocean temp was 0.075C warmer than the 1981-2010 average...

Im not going to panic just yet.

I wonder who sponsored the study?"

Bath tub theory does not apply. You look at the average temperature. Why? As the gulf stream slows the water around England will get colder, not hotter.

Why panic? Why has it always got to be one extreme or the other? Eg. We've got to stop the Amazon being burned. Not deliberately lighting a fire is not panicking.

Central

OP - Do you accept and agree with the expert scientific consensus of anthropogenic climate change that's causing global heating?

West Wales

"

One thing he instilled in me when younger, never shout, never get angry, those who do have failed

In his view.

It does strike me as extremely presumptuous and arrogance when a person dictates that a certain scenario does bring about a certain result , expecting everyone else to accept that model.

"

I never said I expected others to agree with him or me. I really don’t give two hoots what others see as an issue or non issue.

I did however notice you completely ignoring the part about a behind the scenes look at Greta.

S

https://www.science.org.au/curious/video/exploding-methane-gas-bubbles

The same goes for methane trapped on ocean floors. Cold water is what keeps it there. When will it start to be released? It's already happening.

[Removed by poster at 16/01/20 10:45:43]

The climate change argument is pretty much over .When you have the big auto manufacturers like VW going all electric like their new ID3 the game has shifted in favour of the scientific consensus .The money is following the science.

Of course you will get the wilfully ignorant foaming at the mouth and falsely smearing an autistic teenager.Its to be expected.As can be seen.

Let them be .Like Canute they can’t hold back the tide of change.

There are so many positive moves toward greener energy and green transportation and the media importantly are onboard.Even the daily mail..The future is bright and it is only going to get greener.Every political party has a green political agenda in their manifesto because it gets votes and you have the muched loved David Attenborough in the news constantly getting the public onboard.

There is so much win at the moment there’s much to be happy and positive about..

near ipswich

"The climate change argument is pretty much over .When you have the big auto manufacturers like VW going all electric like their new ID3 the game has shifted in favour of the scientific consensus .The money is following the science.

Of course you will get the wilfully ignorant foaming at the mouth and falsely smearing an autistic teenager.Its to be expected.As can be seen.

There are so many positive moves toward greener energy and green transportation and the media importantly are onboard.Even the daily mail..The future is bright and it is only going to get greener.Every political party has a green political agenda in their manifesto because it gets votes and you have the muched loved David Attenborough in the news constantly getting the public onboard.

There is so much win at the moment there’s much to be happy and positive about..

"

Nice to see you happy and positive at last bob thats how us leavers have been feeling for ages welcome aboard.

"The climate change argument is pretty much over .When you have the big auto manufacturers like VW going all electric like their new ID3 the game has shifted in favour of the scientific consensus .The money is following the science.

Nice to see you happy and positive at last bob thats how us leavers have been feeling for ages welcome aboard."

I’m always happy at positivity.Im sure you’ll get the Brexit you want .If not someone will be happy.

Now back on topic .With climate change and the positive direction industries have taken.

There are plenty of Brexit threads let’s not take this thread into a Brexit rabbit hole..

Nice to see you happy and positive at last bob thats how us leavers have been feeling for ages welcome aboard.

I’m always happy at positivity.Im sure you’ll get the Brexit you want .If not someone will be happy.

Now back on topic .With climate change and the positive direction industries have taken.

There are plenty of Brexit threads let’s not take this thread into a Brexit rabbit hole.. "

So what do you think about Brexit Bob?

I see in the news today that a number of British cities aim to go carbon neutral by 2030 to fight climate change.

Glasgow and Bristol are going to try to be carbon neutral by 2030 .Birmingham also aims to reduce carbon emissions by 60%, in its case by 2027.I think it’s a huge task but it’s fantastic that these cities are going to try..

More great green news .

Central

"

I see in the news today that a number of British cities aim to go carbon neutral by 2030 to fight climate change.

Glasgow and Bristol are going to try to be carbon neutral by 2030 .Birmingham also aims to reduce carbon emissions by 60%, in its case by 2027.I think it’s a huge task but it’s fantastic that these cities are going to try..

More great green news . "

Definitely great news. There's been such upturn of interest and desire to take action

Ops quiet on his answer to whether he agrees with the truth of global heatings existence still.

"

More great green news .

Definitely great news. There's been such upturn of interest and desire to take action

Ops quiet on his answer to whether he agrees with the truth of global heatings existence still. "

OP only believes information provided by the unbiased fossils fuels industry.

Independent scientific research can't be trusted. 99% of scientists have an agenda to try to make no money what-so-ever. It's completely clear.

salisbury

Is piers Corbyn paid by the fossil fuel industry now? Well, who knew?

"Is piers Corbyn paid by the fossil fuel industry now? Well, who knew? "

Piers Corbyn who claims the earth is cooling? That one?

[Removed by poster at 17/01/20 22:28:18]

"Is piers Corbyn paid by the fossil fuel industry now? Well, who knew?

Piers Corbyn who claims the earth is cooling? That one? "

So we should experience cooling in line with the solar minimum.Shane Australia is on fire ...

From wiki

Corbyn's predictions are based on what is called "The Solar Weather Technique".The technique "combines statistical analysis of over a century of historical weather patterns with clues derived from solar observations."He considers past weather patterns and solar observations and sun-earth magnetic connectivity. However, meteorological studies show that such influences cause minimal impact on the Earth's atmosphere.

salisbury

I can only assume Dr David Bellamy died a very rich man.

salisbury

"Is piers Corbyn paid by the fossil fuel industry now? Well, who knew?

Piers Corbyn who claims the earth is cooling? That one?

So we should experience cooling in line with the solar minimum.Shane Australia is on fire ...

From wiki

Corbyn's predictions are based on what is called "The Solar Weather Technique".The technique "combines statistical analysis of over a century of historical weather patterns with clues derived from solar observations."He considers past weather patterns and solar observations and sun-earth magnetic connectivity. However, meteorological studies show that such influences cause minimal impact on the Earth's atmosphere.

"

Well, if wiki says so! Now you've convinced me...

Piers Corbyn who sells weather predictions for money yet made financial losses..

So clem we should be seeing cooling as it’s solar minimum

Why aren’t we seeing cooling..

salisbury

" Piers Corbyn who sells weather predictions for money yet made financial losses..

"

Have you not seen record lows in Canada, Greenland, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and even parts of Australia? Jeez, where do you get your news? The BBC?

salisbury

Oh yeah, the yellow river is frozen solid in China, but that happens about as often as massive Bush fires in Australia. The Chinese are warning to prepare for a period of cooling, based upon their historical data, but you know, it's only based on 4000 years or so. Not wiki, so wtf do they know, right?

He sells weather predictions and can’t make a profit...

I sense a disturbance in the foil..,

Come on clem ...

Solar minimum equals global cooling

Australia is on fire.

salisbury

"He sells weather predictions and can’t make a profit...

Come on clem ...

Australia is on fire.

"

Has it ever been on fire before?

"He sells weather predictions and can’t make a profit...

Come on clem ...

Australia is on fire.

Has it ever been on fire before?"

Yes..

We can all only presume you predict the next decade to be cooler than the last.

I feel for you clem...

salisbury

"We can all only presume you predict the next decade to be cooler than the last.

I feel for you clem... "

Indeed. It's going to be fun finding out.

" Piers Corbyn who sells weather predictions for money yet made financial losses..

Have you not seen record lows in Canada, Greenland, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and even parts of Australia? Jeez, where do you get your news? The BBC? "

The ocean is not a bathtub. There are effects such as ocean currents which affect sea temperature and level in different places. Of course added air humidy causes record snowfalls in places like Canada and Greenland, but those gains are eaten away by record high temperatures in the summer.

I don't don't know a lot about it but I would assume that an ocean current which approaches the poles at a higher temperature than normal melts more ice and therefore becomes cooler than normal because more ice has melted. When you average this out there seems to be no difference in temperature. But there's a lot less ice!

The only way to get a true measurement of average temperature and level is to have satellites taking simultaneous measurements around the globe. To say we've had this for thousands of years is nonsense.

Even now we don't have enough satellites up there. How do I know this rather than rely on Google etc. It's what I do for a living....

salisbury

Have you not seen record lows in Canada, Greenland, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and even parts of Australia? Jeez, where do you get your news? The BBC?

The ocean is not a bathtub. There are effects such as ocean currents which affect sea temperature and level in different places. Of course added air humidy causes record snowfalls in places like Canada and Greenland, but those gains are eaten away by record high temperatures in the summer.

I don't don't know a lot about it but I would assume that an ocean current which approaches the poles at a higher temperature than normal melts more ice and therefore becomes cooler than normal because more ice has melted. When you average this out there seems to be no difference in temperature. But there's a lot less ice!"

Don't forget the recent record high in Greenland turned out to be a malfunction.

salisbury

The ice core samples all show its been warmer in the past. The medieval warm period, and previous to that at the hight of the Egyptian empire 2 examples obviously not caused by AGW, is it not hubris to now believe we are more powerful than the sun? Do we have a king Canute complex?

So just to clarify for the conspiracy theorists.

The Earth is not flat

Vaccines work.

We've been to the moon.

Chemtrails aren't a thing.

Climate change is real.

Yet some believe 97% of the world's scientists contrive an environmental crisis, but are exposed by a few billionaires & oil companies and conspiracy theorists on YouTube.

But i get that climate deniers don’t have to be right they only have to create doubt.Such is their agenda.

Luckily industry and governments are all moving in the right direction.

Why ?? Because we have scientific consensus..We trust science ..That why only the craziest people challenge gravity and jump off the top of buildings..

salisbury

"So just to clarify for the conspiracy theorists.

The Earth is not flat

Vaccines work.

We've been to the moon.

Climate change is real.

Yet some believe 97% of the world's scientists contrive an environmental crisis, but are exposed by a few billionaires & oil companies and conspiracy theorists on YouTube.

But i get that climate deniers don’t have to be right they only have to create doubt.Such is their agenda.

Why ?? Because we have scientific consensus..We trust science ..That why only the craziest people challenge gravity and jump off the top of buildings..

"

Exactly! What do those Chinese know anyway right? They should bow down to our western science.

The Earth is not flat

Vaccines work.

We've been to the moon.

Climate change is real.

Exactly! What do those Chinese know anyway right? They should bow down to our western science. "

Do you know what they call “alternative”

medicine when it’s proven to work.,

Medicine!

belfast/holywood

The Earth is not flat

Vaccines work.

We've been to the moon.

Climate change is real.

Exactly! What do those Chinese know anyway right? They should bow down to our western science. "

There too busy wiping out rhinos for their “magic” horns

salisbury

The Earth is not flat

Vaccines work.

We've been to the moon.

Climate change is real.

Exactly! What do those Chinese know anyway right? They should bow down to our western science.

There too busy wiping out rhinos for their “magic” horns"

They're buggers for it!

The Earth is not flat

Vaccines work.

We've been to the moon.

Climate change is real.

"

Chemtrails are actually a thing, in fact they were invented by climate scientists in the 70s as a possible solution to climate change ( more clouds means less sunshine hitting the planet although clouds are the number 1 greenhouse gas it was theorised that cutting sunlight by 11% would overcome the warming effect from the cloud itself).

I thought every green voter knew that

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Oh dear what are all the global warming brigade going to do when the earth starts getting colder again? "

Moan about it lol?!

Pity the survival of the planet got left in the hands of the generation who just don't give a fuck.

"Pity the survival of the planet got left in the hands of the generation who just don't give a fuck."

Which generation would that be?

[Removed by poster at 25/01/20 09:19:55]

"Pity the survival of the planet got left in the hands of the generation who just don't give a fuck.

Which generation would that be?"

I’m going to guess he’s referencing boomers.

"Pity the survival of the planet got left in the hands of the generation who just don't give a fuck.

I’m going to guess he’s referencing boomers."

Boomers and generation X. The generation now with their hands on the wheel but clearly don't care enough about their children and grandchildren to leave them a planet worth living in.

Not only are we so selfish that we don't give a fuck whether they have breathable air. But we try to justify our arrogance by clinging onto bullshit science in the face of undeniable truth.

The Greta Thunberg generation will hate us for leaving them a messed up planet that is passed the point of saving and quite frankly I don't blame them. I hope these conversations are still around in years to come so that our grandchildren can see what utter pricks we are and how far our heads are up our own arses.

When the air becomes difficult to breathe it is the old and frail who will go first. At that stage that will be us. Poetic justice.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Just weather though isn't it? Or are the record cold temperatures in Canada evidence of global cooling? Or is anything unusually warm, climate change, and anything unusually cold, weather? "

Both events you describe are possible evidence of climate change but neither of them is definitive proof of either.

Unfortunately the only truly definitive proof of climate change will not be available until after it has occurred. And it's quite possible, especially in Europe, that in some places that climate change could actually be cooling, not warming.

We really can't wait until we know absolutely for sure not only whether climate change is happening (although of late I have become more convinced than not that it is really happening) nor whether the cause is totally, partially or not at all to do with human activity. If climate change is happening then we surly have to everything we can to mitigate both the effects of climate change and anything that is likely to either be the cause or a contributing factor to it.

Boomers and generation X. The generation now with their hands on the wheel but clearly don't care enough about their children and grandchildren to leave them a planet worth living in.

Not only are we so selfish that we don't give a fuck whether they have breathable air. But we try to justify our arrogance by clinging onto bullshit science in the face of undeniable truth.

The Greta Thunberg generation will hate us for leaving them a messed up planet that is passed the point of saving and quite frankly I don't blame them. I hope these conversations are still around in years to come so that our grandchildren can see what utter pricks we are and how far our heads are up our own arses.

When the air becomes difficult to breathe it is the old and frail who will go first. At that stage that will be us. Poetic justice."

As a proud member off the so called Boomer fraternity I giggle out loud when I hear such utter nonsense as this, it's classic virtue signalling tripe.

At 62 and 59 neither of us has ever knowingly dropped a pice of litter in our adult lives. In our 40 years of marriage we have recycled as much and as often as possible, serving in Germany early on set the tone for that. We waste as little as is possible, clothes go to charity shops and anything else is either sold on, given away free or taken to the tip for appropriate recycling. We have a 14 panel solar system on the roof and drive a hybrid car. When we open the fridge it's not to see what we can have but see what we need to use so it's not wasted. Pretty much every 'Boomer' we know is of a very similar ilk and proud of it.

Now contrast that with kids of today and their constant need for 'new' everything, phones, clothes, video games yada yada yada.

How many Boomers do you see rip snorting round shopping centre car parks after closing time? How many Boomers do you see parked up in car parks eating fast food then tossing the wrappers out of the windows? How many Boomers are getting tanked up at home on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night before going into town and finishing themselves off? How many Boomers are the emergency services dealing with every weekend because they are too d*unk to safely walk the streets? How many Boomers do you see fighting in the streets every weekend? How many Boomers are in Kebab shops late on a weekend night then discarding their wrappers and left over food on the streets?

The fact that the majority of young people today are too lazy to even cast a vote tells you everything you need to know about how they value society.

When I look at the eco friendly way that we have conducted our lives and compare that with the disposable lifestyle of young people today then I know who is doing the most harm to the world.

Ok boomer..

belfast/holywood

Well if Trump doesn’t get a move on wiping out significant populations in the Middle East , we’ll have to rely on climate change for a bit of a cull. Far too many oxygen thieves on the planet.

West Wales

"Well if Trump doesn’t get a move on wiping out significant populations in the Middle East , we’ll have to rely on climate change for a bit of a cull. Far too many oxygen thieves on the planet. "

Agreed, always the elephant in the room though isn’t it. “How do we tackle climate change?” We’ll how about not infesting the planet like fucking locusts for a start?

The Middle East is too sparsely populated though, how about China or the Indian sub continent? you could lose a couple of billion with ease there & there’d be no more talk of climate change worries for hundreds of years..

S

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Triggering more volcanic eruptions. Only gonna get worse! Book your holidays carefully.."
all my holidays tend to be on or near volcanoes

Just weather though isn't it? Or are the record cold temperatures in Canada evidence of global cooling? Or is anything unusually warm, climate change, and anything unusually cold, weather?

Both events you describe are possible evidence of climate change but neither of them is definitive proof of either.

Unfortunately the only truly definitive proof of climate change will not be available until after it has occurred. And it's quite possible, especially in Europe, that in some places that climate change could actually be cooling, not warming.

We really can't wait until we know absolutely for sure not only whether climate change is happening (although of late I have become more convinced than not that it is really happening) nor whether the cause is totally, partially or not at all to do with human activity. If climate change is happening then we surly have to everything we can to mitigate both the effects of climate change and anything that is likely to either be the cause or a contributing factor to it.

"

When we talk about the planet warming it really doesn't help to to pounce on an instance where somewhere is colder and go Aha!!!

Because the planet is warmer there is more evaporation. Which means in winter snowfalls will be heavier, storms will be worse. Does this not make sense to anyone? This excess snowfall is then eaten away by excess melting in the summer months.

In our case, our island which is kept warm by the gulf stream will become colder when the gulf stream stops. This is measurable. The gulf stream is slowing.

What you need to bear in mind is where we are.

The country that has decided our road infrastructure can still be based on horse transport. A country where we still need to have a discussion about whether we should use the metric system. Where our internet still uses VAX VMS from the 1980s. Factory control systems from the last century.....etc...

Is it any wonder we are still arguing a point which has long since be established in the rest of the world?

When the air becomes difficult to breathe it is the old and frail who will go first. At that stage that will be us. Poetic justice.

As a proud member off the so called Boomer fraternity I giggle out loud when I hear such utter nonsense as this, it's classic virtue signalling tripe.

At 62 and 59 neither of us has ever knowingly dropped a pice of litter in our adult lives. In our 40 years of marriage we have recycled as much and as often as possible, serving in Germany early on set the tone for that. We waste as little as is possible, clothes go to charity shops and anything else is either sold on, given away free or taken to the tip for appropriate recycling. We have a 14 panel solar system on the roof and drive a hybrid car. When we open the fridge it's not to see what we can have but see what we need to use so it's not wasted. Pretty much every 'Boomer' we know is of a very similar ilk and proud of it.

Now contrast that with kids of today and their constant need for 'new' everything, phones, clothes, video games yada yada yada.

How many Boomers do you see rip snorting round shopping centre car parks after closing time? How many Boomers do you see parked up in car parks eating fast food then tossing the wrappers out of the windows? How many Boomers are getting tanked up at home on a Thursday/Friday/Saturday night before going into town and finishing themselves off? How many Boomers are the emergency services dealing with every weekend because they are too d*unk to safely walk the streets? How many Boomers do you see fighting in the streets every weekend? How many Boomers are in Kebab shops late on a weekend night then discarding their wrappers and left over food on the streets?

The fact that the majority of young people today are too lazy to even cast a vote tells you everything you need to know about how they value society.

When I look at the eco friendly way that we have conducted our lives and compare that with the disposable lifestyle of young people today then I know who is doing the most harm to the world.

"

Nonsense hey? Well if you can't be bothered to be polite neither will I. Great.

You are typical of a generation who thinks token gestures like not dropping litter and planting a tree in your back yard is all you need to do to save this planet. Well congratulations for bullshitting yourself but you aren't bulshitting anyone with a brain and certainly not the younger generation who aren't buying it at all.

In our lifetime we have handed over control of our governments to corporations and changed laws to make this possible. We have voted for people who will put more money in our pockets not people who will safeguard our planet for generations to come.

Your generation and mine need to be honest. Look our kids in the eye and tell them that we were more worried about having enough extra quid in our pockets than for them to have clean air. That it was more important to eat meat every day than for them to have the Amazon rain forest.

Not doing things you shouldn't be doing in the first place doesn't make you a saint.

What have we as a generation done to ensure the future of this planet? Nothing. In fact in the last year all we have done is make things worse than they ever were before.

salisbury

Oh my God! Can you imagine having to think like that on a daily basis? I pity the guy, i really do.

"Oh my God! Can you imagine having to think like that on a daily basis? I pity the guy, i really do. "

Are you talking about anyone in particular Clem? I pity someone who isn't man enough to confront someone directly.

I really pity someone who will rather believe the bullshit that industrialists with billions at stake and not recognize their agenda, but rather sees a conspiracy behind a hardly worthwhile "ponzi scheme"

And I really pity the keyboard warriors on this site who call themselves swingers but you never see them at a club because they never leave the bedroom in their parents house. How pathetic.

You are typical of a generation who thinks token gestures like not dropping litter and planting a tree in your back yard is all you need to do to save this planet. Well congratulations for bullshitting yourself but you aren't bulshitting anyone with a brain and certainly not the younger generation who aren't buying it at all.

In our lifetime we have handed over control of our governments to corporations and changed laws to make this possible. We have voted for people who will put more money in our pockets not people who will safeguard our planet for generations to come.

Your generation and mine need to be honest. Look our kids in the eye and tell them that we were more worried about having enough extra quid in our pockets than for them to have clean air. That it was more important to eat meat every day than for them to have the Amazon rain forest.

Not doing things you shouldn't be doing in the first place doesn't make you a saint.

What have we as a generation done to ensure the future of this planet? Nothing. In fact in the last year all we have done is make things worse than they ever were before."

More nonsense. Who are the major consumers of pretty much everything? I’ll give you a clue, it ain’t Boomers.

near ipswich

What have we as a generation done to ensure the future of this planet? Nothing. In fact in the last year all we have done is make things worse than they ever were before.

More nonsense. Who are the major consumers of pretty much everything? I’ll give you a clue, it ain’t Boomers.

"

Dont burst his bubble.

West Wales

"Oh my God! Can you imagine having to think like that on a daily basis? I pity the guy, i really do.

Are you talking about anyone in particular Clem? I pity someone who isn't man enough to confront someone directly.

I really pity someone who will rather believe the bullshit that industrialists with billions at stake and not recognize their agenda, but rather sees a conspiracy behind a hardly worthwhile "ponzi scheme"

And I really pity the keyboard warriors on this site who call themselves swingers but you never see them at a club because they never leave the bedroom in their parents house. How pathetic. "

Where do climate scientists get their funding from? I trust no one till I see who’s axe they are grinding..

S

"Oh my God! Can you imagine having to think like that on a daily basis? I pity the guy, i really do.

And I really pity the keyboard warriors on this site who call themselves swingers but you never see them at a club because they never leave the bedroom in their parents house. How pathetic.

Where do climate scientists get their funding from? I trust no one till I see who’s axe they are grinding..

S"

Most of the scientific research where I am working is government funded. If you think theres loads of money in it think again. I'm doing pro bono work for them to help get Sentinel 4 and 5 Satellites up so we can provide data, indisputable proof.

Some good proof does though... when you are casting pearls before swine.

belfast/holywood

I’m alright jack. Had one warm summer here in NI in last 10 years. Always rainy here. Live on a hill so rise away oceans - ner ner ner nerner. Population pretty constant. Roads pretty empty mostly .

"I’m alright jack. Had one warm summer here in NI in last 10 years. Always rainy here. Live on a hill so rise away oceans - ner ner ner nerner. Population pretty constant. Roads pretty empty mostly .

"

Good to know we have somewhere to put eco refugees So good of you to volunteer

West Wales

S

Most of the scientific research where I am working is government funded. If you think theres loads of money in it think again. I'm doing pro bono work for them to help get Sentinel 4 and 5 Satellites up so we can provide data, indisputable proof.

Some good proof does though... when you are casting pearls before swine."

This is what I don’t get though, so spend a few million stick your satellites up (surely someone already uses the ones up there?) but anyway you get your undeniable proof that the planet is warming. I know that, you know that but it’s done it before & it’ll do it again whether we as a species are here to see it or not....

So we are playing in the puddles while the population river keeps flowing....

S

near ipswich

how much greenhouse gas is produced putting your satellites into orbit? just asking.

West Wales

What I’m getting at is this..

If I were a magician & could wave a wand that overnight made man globally consume, emit & waste 10% less it would not matter one bloody jot because in twenty years the population would be 10% higher...Climate needs to be controlled at source, we are the source so we need controlling anything less is playing for time in the puddles as I said.

IMO eventually either we will do it ourselves or the planet will do it for us with a cataclysmic event many of which hav happened in pretty recent history as far as “Universe” time goes.

Krakatoa dropped global temps by 1c & but a third of the world in twilight for months.. shit happens...

S

S

salisbury

Does anyone know how many degrees above average we are at, at the moment?

belfast/holywood

"I’m alright jack. Had one warm summer here in NI in last 10 years. Always rainy here. Live on a hill so rise away oceans - ner ner ner nerner. Population pretty constant. Roads pretty empty mostly .

Good to know we have somewhere to put eco refugees So good of you to volunteer "

Love to. Although, it’s a fact that Northern Ireland has taken more Syrian refugees as a ratio of population than anywhere else in UK. My 2 spare bedrooms have 7 families in so can only take in more when it warms up a bit so I can clear a bit more space in the shed.

S

This is what I don’t get though, so spend a few million stick your satellites up (surely someone already uses the ones up there?) but anyway you get your undeniable proof that the planet is warming. I know that, you know that but it’s done it before & it’ll do it again whether we as a species are here to see it or not....

S "

We have a budget of how much this earth can sustain before we go tits up. We need to delay that from being depleted before we as a planet go carbon neutral. If we fail the first tipping point will go setting off the others like domino's. At that point nothing we do will stop the earth from going into a self fuelling destructive cycle.

The war being fought is people who want their children to grow up in a world where life is sustainable vs industrialists who want to make money regardless of what it does to our planet.

Although we have more power in terms of numbers, voting power, consumer power, industrialists have enough money to muddy the waters in terms of the extent of the problem. It doesn't take much because it is easier to cling on to denial because then we don't have to change our ways.

When people like Greta come along and point out how selfish and reckless we are being by our in action we shoot the messenger. Industrialists love us because we are so stupid as a collective that we actively compaign for our own destruction to make them rich.

"What I’m getting at is this..

If I were a magician & could wave a wand that overnight made man globally consume, emit & waste 10% less it would not matter one bloody jot because in twenty years the population would be 10% higher...Climate needs to be controlled at source, we are the source so we need controlling anything less is playing for time in the puddles as I said.

IMO eventually either we will do it ourselves or the planet will do it for us with a cataclysmic event many of which hav happened in pretty recent history as far as “Universe” time goes.

Krakatoa dropped global temps by 1c & but a third of the world in twilight for months.. shit happens...

S

S"

Playing for time is exactly what we are doing. Only one country in the world has not gone through Hubbards curve. Meaning that in time we will be forced to go carbon neutral because we'll have used all our natural resources.

We act as if there's nothing we can do. But if our politicians declared sanctions on the Amazon nations until forest clearing ceased, the fires would stop tomorrow. Instead we vote for politicians who promise us jobs and a higher standard of living.

near ipswich

S

S

We have a budget of how much this earth can sustain before we go tits up. We need to delay that from being depleted before we as a planet go carbon neutral. If we fail the first tipping point will go setting off the others like domino's. At that point nothing we do will stop the earth from going into a self fuelling destructive cycle.

The war being fought is people who want their children to grow up in a world where life is sustainable vs industrialists who want to make money regardless of what it does to our planet.

Although we have more power in terms of numbers, voting power, consumer power, industrialists have enough money to muddy the waters in terms of the extent of the problem. It doesn't take much because it is easier to cling on to denial because then we don't have to change our ways.

When people like Greta come along and point out how selfish and reckless we are being by our in action we shoot the messenger. Industrialists love us because we are so stupid as a collective that we actively compaign for our own destruction to make them rich."

Why do you fail to see that the earth has had global warming and global freezing several times in the past and nothing you,greta or anyone can change that.Yes maybe slow it for a few years but it will happen.Governments now realize that the population have cottoned on to it with all the ready to access world news these days so start telling people we can change it.No one can but it stops mass hysteria and panic and people not giving a fuck because it will all be fucked in a few years.

S

S

When people like Greta come along and point out how selfish and reckless we are being by our in action we shoot the messenger. Industrialists love us because we are so stupid as a collective that we actively compaign for our own destruction to make them rich.Why do you fail to see that the earth has had global warming and global freezing several times in the past and nothing you,greta or anyone can change that.Yes maybe slow it for a few years but it will happen.Governments now realize that the population have cottoned on to it with all the ready to access world news these days so start telling people we can change it.No one can but it stops mass hysteria and panic and people not giving a fuck because it will all be fucked in a few years. "

Why do I fail to see? Why do you fail to see?

Why are you depriving the world of your super genius when you know things that highly trained scientists with scientific data at their disposal don't know?

Despite all the evidence to show what shit we're in the industrialists can counter it with a few bullshit studies and people will lap it up. Because that's easier to believe than changing.

It is incredibly arrogant for us to assume we know more than a huge body of people investing their time to determine the extent of of global warming.

But lap it up. Call the scientists hysterical. Some rich industrialist needs people like you to save him from having to spend a fortune on waste disposal

salisbury

Tin foil hat now glued on i see... the usa used a secret super weapon for 9/11 "top scientists" agree. And scary "industrialists" are funding other scientists to lie to us... it's a scary world for the constantly paranoid...

near ipswich

S

S

When people like Greta come along and point out how selfish and reckless we are being by our in action we shoot the messenger. Industrialists love us because we are so stupid as a collective that we actively compaign for our own destruction to make them rich.Why do you fail to see that the earth has had global warming and global freezing several times in the past and nothing you,greta or anyone can change that.Yes maybe slow it for a few years but it will happen.Governments now realize that the population have cottoned on to it with all the ready to access world news these days so start telling people we can change it.No one can but it stops mass hysteria and panic and people not giving a fuck because it will all be fucked in a few years.

Why are you depriving the world of your super genius when you know things that highly trained scientists with scientific data at their disposal don't know?

Despite all the evidence to show what shit we're in the industrialists can counter it with a few bullshit studies and people will lap it up. Because that's easier to believe than changing.

It is incredibly arrogant for us to assume we know more than a huge body of people investing their time to determine the extent of of global warming.

But lap it up. Call the scientists hysterical. Some rich industrialist needs people like you to save him from having to spend a fortune on waste disposal "

Seems you are picky on what scientists you believe try looking at what has happened in the past all there published by scientists backed up by carbon dating and ice cores etc.All i see about man made climate change is data starting in the 1800,s the end of the last little ice age they dont want to go back to before the 1300,s when tempratures were much the same as now and in some cases higher.

"Tin foil hat now glued on i see... the usa used a secret super weapon for 9/11 "top scientists" agree. And scary "industrialists" are funding other scientists to lie to us... it's a scary world for the constantly paranoid..."

Yeah they are called the Koch brothers. Pretty widely known an accepted information unless you have your head in the sand. Probably better not searching for the truth. See no evil hear no evil. And when you're too terrified to accept a world that requires a paradigm shift but don't have the capacity to argue the opposite then resort to belittling comments posted generally without reponse to anyone in particular.

More innuendo, more snide comments without enough spine to actually oppose. And at the end of the day said nothing of substance.

salisbury

"Tin foil hat now glued on i see... the usa used a secret super weapon for 9/11 "top scientists" agree. And scary "industrialists" are funding other scientists to lie to us... it's a scary world for the constantly paranoid...

Yeah they are called the Koch brothers. Pretty widely known an accepted information unless you have your head in the sand. Probably better not searching for the truth. See no evil hear no evil. And when you're too terrified to accept a world that requires a paradigm shift but don't have the capacity to argue the opposite then resort to belittling comments posted generally without reponse to anyone in particular.

More innuendo, more snide comments without enough spine to actually oppose. And at the end of the day said nothing of substance. "

Your hypocrisy knows no bounds!

S

S

When people like Greta come along and point out how selfish and reckless we are being by our in action we shoot the messenger. Industrialists love us because we are so stupid as a collective that we actively compaign for our own destruction to make them rich.Why do you fail to see that the earth has had global warming and global freezing several times in the past and nothing you,greta or anyone can change that.Yes maybe slow it for a few years but it will happen.Governments now realize that the population have cottoned on to it with all the ready to access world news these days so start telling people we can change it.No one can but it stops mass hysteria and panic and people not giving a fuck because it will all be fucked in a few years.

But lap it up. Call the scientists hysterical. Some rich industrialist needs people like you to save him from having to spend a fortune on waste disposal Seems you are picky on what scientists you believe try looking at what has happened in the past all there published by scientists backed up by carbon dating and ice cores etc.All i see about man made climate change is data starting in the 1800,s the end of the last little ice age they dont want to go back to before the 1300,s when tempratures were much the same as now and in some cases higher."

In a factory in Ware there is an entire building dedicated to the production of COPD inhalers. One line produces 2 inhalers a second. There are multiple lines per floor and three floors of these lines. This is one plant in one country and just one pharmaceutical company who cannot produce COPD inhalers fast enough to stop people dying.

What do you think? That we continuously pump chemicals in the air and into our rivers and oceans and it has no effect? And when the adverse affects that we expect this behaviour to cause start appearing in our data we claim it's natural?

And I'm the nutter?

I just think every millennia the earth has a reboot what will be will be whether it is war, famine, disease or climate. So we may as well go out with a big bang. We can not control nothing so let it go enjoy ourselves and be happy x

"I just think every millennia the earth has a reboot what will be will be whether it is war, famine, disease or climate. So we may as well go out with a big bang. We can not control nothing so let it go enjoy ourselves and be happy x"

I think Donald Trump has the same idea since he's just rolled back the clean water act. I mean what is the point of having clean water when you can't breathe the air? Doh!

Fuck future generations. It's all about us right?

Central

Humans have caused the current global heating, since the industrial revolution. That point is settled, it's certain. What's less clear is is why so many people want to appear stupid.

"Humans have caused the current global heating, since the industrial revolution. That point is settled, it's certain. What's less clear is is why so many people want to appear stupid. "

Ignorance, once accepted, is the beginning of wisdom.

"Humans have caused the current global heating, since the industrial revolution. That point is settled, it's certain. What's less clear is is why so many people want to appear stupid.

Ignorance, once accepted, is the beginning of wisdom. "

Probably because the issue is too serious or dire for some people to comprehend.

"Humans have caused the current global heating, since the industrial revolution. That point is settled, it's certain. What's less clear is is why so many people want to appear stupid.

Ignorance, once accepted, is the beginning of wisdom.

Probably because the issue is too serious or dire for some people to comprehend."

Perhaps people feel that so long as the issue is a debate they don't have to do their bit.

Once they accept that the problem is real they have to accept collective responsibility.

Now they have a choice. Halve one's meat consumption every week.... or have their children or grandchildren live in a world of oxygen depletion. Hmmmm tough choice!

I actually googled this for a laugh, the solar minimum isn't actually expected until 2030! And it doesn't even start until this year.

I have no idea how it effects volcanic activity as nobody's been willing to tell when I asked but you can do some rough mathematical equations on solar irradiation heat effects from a 1% drop in output, it's neither here nor there to be honest.

https://phys.org/news/2020-01-robotic-submarine-snaps-first-ever-images.html

OP you claimed that this was due to a volcano.

Strange how scientists are trying to find out what's causing it? They could have just asked you. Pity you couldn't find the link

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"

Great Post, couldn't have put it better myself.

belfast/holywood

Great Post, couldn't have put it better myself. "

So true

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

It's an 11 year cycle. This is the cooler cycle the next one will be warmer for 11 years. Don't see the need for drama as it's just something the sun does apparently.

"I actually googled this for a laugh, the solar minimum isn't actually expected until 2030! And it doesn't even start until this year.

I have no idea how it effects volcanic activity as nobody's been willing to tell when I asked but you can do some rough mathematical equations on solar irradiation heat effects from a 1% drop in output, it's neither here nor there to be honest.

"

I've not looked this up...I'm sure someone will...but if the Solar Minimum hasnt started yet...but there are 11 yr cycles (Hi Miss Gives Wood....scones again this summer?). That means we are just coming out of an 11 year Solar Maximum? If thats the case its hardly surprising that 8 out of last 12 years have been hottest on record....if the Sun is chucking out more heat that's bound to happen....

And then we add to it with increased CO².....

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I actually googled this for a laugh, the solar minimum isn't actually expected until 2030! And it doesn't even start until this year.

I've not looked this up...I'm sure someone will...but if the Solar Minimum hasnt started yet...but there are 11 yr cycles (Hi Miss Gives Wood....scones again this summer?). That means we are just coming out of an 11 year Solar Maximum? If thats the case its hardly surprising that 8 out of last 12 years have been hottest on record....if the Sun is chucking out more heat that's bound to happen....

And then we add to it with increased CO²....."

Only home baked scones so far this year. I think you may be on to something with the increased CO² though.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Maybe worth a read...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/phys.org/news/2013-04-link-solar-earthquakes.amp

And then we add to it with increased CO²....."

This one seems to be different, it looks as if it may be one of the 30 years of extremely low solar activity that comes along every 4 or 5 hundred years.

Think maunder minimum.

I've still found no science on whether it will significantly reduce global temperatures.

Yes we are entering a global cooling time now. I wonder why you dont hear anything about it as much as global warming? Could it be that you cant make as much profit?

near ipswich

It does amuse me how some global warming warriors seem to dismiss the findings of scientists studying sun spots and the maunder effect when the sun is our source of heat.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

This will lead to a maximum of 0.3 DegC cooling. Far less than the effect of man-made increases:

On the effect of a new grand minimum of solar activity on the future climate on Earth

Georg Feulner,Stefan Rahmstorf

What influence will future solar activity changes over the 21st century have on projected global near-surface temperature changes?

Gareth S. Jones Mike Lockwood Peter A. Stott

Impact of a potential 21st century “grand solar minimum” on surface temperatures and stratospheric ozone

J. G. Anet E. V. Rozanov S. Muthers T. Peter S. Brönnimann F. Arfeuille

Could a future “Grand Solar Minimum” like the Maunder Minimum stop global warming?

Gerald A. Meehl Julie M. Arblaster Daniel R. Marsh

"Yes we are entering a global cooling time now. I wonder why you dont hear anything about it as much as global warming? Could it be that you cant make as much profit?"

what? Who is making profit from climate change!

The fossil fuels industry are the big money makers in this situation. And they're leading the charge to add doubt into the equation, where no doubt exists.

Central

[Removed by poster at 09/02/20 22:34:46]

Central

[Removed by poster at 09/02/20 22:32:44]

Central

Yes we are entering a global cooling time now. I wonder why you dont hear anything about it as much as global warming? Could it be that you cant make as much profit?

All of the natural influences on our climate since the start of the industrial revolution have been miniscule, heating or cooling, compared to the human caused increases in global heating. The natural influences are not ignored, they're all included in the research evidence.

Sadly, the potentially very dangerous people who are trying to pull attention away from the human caused global heating that's fully certain, risk the safety and well-being of the billions as well as the rest of the lifeforms on earth.

Discussing this, that and the other natural things that influence the climate are totally a waste of time for anyone who is committed to stopping greater catastrophic global heating. Those natural things may be interesting, just like watching a Discovery channel programme is - but, let's get real.

Human caused global heating is accepted fact. And just as we caused it, it's our job to prevent it becoming much, much worse.

Central

"Yes we are entering a global cooling time now. I wonder why you dont hear anything about it as much as global warming? Could it be that you cant make as much profit?"

See my posts above Shag. I quoted you but lost the quote elements.

"Yes we are entering a global cooling time now. I wonder why you dont hear anything about it as much as global warming? Could it be that you cant make as much profit?

All of the natural influences on our climate since the start of the industrial revolution have been miniscule, heating or cooling, compared to the human caused increases in global heating. The natural influences are not ignored, they're all included in the research evidence.

Sadly, the potentially very dangerous people who are trying to pull attention away from the human caused global heating that's fully certain, risk the safety and well-being of the billions as well as the rest of the lifeforms on earth.

Discussing this, that and the other natural things that influence the climate are totally a waste of time for anyone who is committed to stopping greater catastrophic global heating. Those natural things may be interesting, just like watching a Discovery channel programme is - but, let's get real.

Human caused global heating is accepted fact. And just as we caused it, it's our job to prevent it becoming much, much worse. "

That is right but still not much is discussed about global cooling of what it does to the planet they are too caught up in global warming and forgetting the cooling bit there.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Yes we are entering a global cooling time now. I wonder why you dont hear anything about it as much as global warming? Could it be that you cant make as much profit?

Human caused global heating is accepted fact. And just as we caused it, it's our job to prevent it becoming much, much worse. That is right but still not much is discussed about global cooling of what it does to the planet they are too caught up in global warming and forgetting the cooling bit there."

Have a look at my last post.

Maximum estimated global cooling of 0.3deg C