FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > sadiq khan lost the plot?

sadiq khan lost the plot?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ostafun OP   Man  over a year ago

near ipswich

nice political stunt to get re elected by remainers.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

This is what we need, we would definitely go for it as didn't want to loose our EU citizenship status.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"nice political stunt to get re elected by remainers. "

He had played a blinder, well done Sadiq

near ipswich

"This is what we need, we would definitely go for it as didn't want to loose our EU citizenship status. "
looks like you will need to move to london then.

Chorley,

"This is what we need, we would definitely go for it as didn't want to loose our EU citizenship status. looks like you will need to move to london then. "

There will be a lot of unhappy people if it's only London.

Hopefully might be a fee and we can help the EU with there budget.

near ipswich

Love the way the remainers on here will clutch at any straw its a publicity stunt the election for mayor is coming up and he thinks its a vote winner for him.He does not have the power to enact it but i guess he is banking on enough stupid people believing he can.

"Love the way the remainers on here will clutch at any straw its a publicity stunt the election for mayor is coming up and he thinks its a vote winner for him.He does not have the power to enact it but i guess he is banking on enough stupid people believing he can."

He has rattled your cage

near ipswich

"Love the way the remainers on here will clutch at any straw its a publicity stunt the election for mayor is coming up and he thinks its a vote winner for him.He does not have the power to enact it but i guess he is banking on enough stupid people believing he can.

He has rattled your cage "

not at all mate i think his time would be better spent sorting out the met there were another 3 stabbings in london on sunday and he swans of to brussels on a jolly.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Love the way the remainers on here will clutch at any straw its a publicity stunt the election for mayor is coming up and he thinks its a vote winner for him.He does not have the power to enact it but i guess he is banking on enough stupid people believing he can.

He has rattled your cage not at all mate i think his time would be better spent sorting out the met there were another 3 stabbings in london on sunday and he swans of to brussels on a jolly."

Why would he care?

He has rattled your cage

not at all mate i think his time would be better spent sorting out the met there were another 3 stabbings in london on sunday and he swans of to brussels on a jolly.

Why would he care?"

Thing is it'll probably take some pretty tough action to kurb knife crime that enough of the public would be against happening for one reason or another.

Creating jobs is one factor but an overall clamp down on all crime from petty upwards is needed but that requires money for lots more police.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"nice political stunt to get re elected by remainers. "

Actually the idea dates back to 2017. It was even supported by the then Brexit secretary David Davis.

But hey. If it gives you ammo to have a dig at Khan you go for it.

Seems only us Remainers are capable of research. Maybe brexiters should learn the skill? Although it's a bit late for that really.

A

"nice political stunt to get re elected by remainers.

Actually the idea dates back to 2017. It was even supported by the then Brexit secretary David Davis.

Seems only us Remainers are capable of research. Maybe brexiters should learn the skill? Although it's a bit late for that really.

A"

Must say nothing you've said can really be argued against if being truthful

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Here's a link in case anyone thinks I'm making it up.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-davis-british-eu-citizenship-keep-post-brexit-leave-european-union-plans-proposals-a8033686.html

[Removed by poster at 18/02/20 22:59:02]

The Sooner Money Making London breaks free from theese

subsidised no marks from the

rest of the uk the better.

I dont think ive ever seen crowds flocking to Balmoral to see the changing of the game keepers , or any major trade deals happening in Harrogate or Bicester .

Well done Sadiq

You got my vote.

Make London free of these 50 million + scroungers.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"nice political stunt to get re elected by remainers.

A"

Perhaps if you researched what the EU have to say about it you wouldn't be so excited. The only way you can keep EU citizenship will be to move there

But surely under the new rules anyone who becomes an EU citizen will then have to apply for residence in the UK because they would not longer be a British citizen

"Love the way the remainers on here will clutch at any straw its a publicity stunt the election for mayor is coming up and he thinks its a vote winner for him.He does not have the power to enact it but i guess he is banking on enough stupid people believing he can."

Many stupid people believe that Brexit is a good thing

Chorley,

Many stupid people believe that Brexit is a good thing "

Exactly.

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

That’s 17 million stupid people then lol

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I quite like his idea.

"That’s 17 million stupid people then lol"

If you say so

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"This is what we need, we would definitely go for it as didn't want to loose our EU citizenship status. "

there was a proposal by the SNP a while back that if they were to get independence they would offer anyone in the UK who wanted one a one time offer of scottish nationality, which would then mean scottish passports and probable EU membership....

I don't know if that is the policy still...

By *nicecoupleXCouple  over a year ago

Hitch

"This is what we need, we would definitely go for it as didn't want to loose our EU citizenship status.

there was a proposal by the SNP a while back that if they were to get independence they would offer anyone in the UK who wanted one a one time offer of scottish nationality, which would then mean scottish passports and probable EU membership....

I don't know if that is the policy still..."

This sounds too good to he true. I would only agree to these terms if every remainer in england moved to Scotland permanently and we built a wall. A big beautiful wall.

T

"But surely under the new rules anyone who becomes an EU citizen will then have to apply for residence in the UK because they would not longer be a British citizen "

Some sources of information about these new rules?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"This is what we need, we would definitely go for it as didn't want to loose our EU citizenship status.

This sounds too good to he true. I would only agree to these terms if every remainer in england moved to Scotland permanently and we built a wall. A big beautiful wall.

T "

now there’s a thought I’d think most leavers would accept higher taxes to pay for it aswell lol

T now there’s a thought I’d think most leavers would accept higher taxes to pay for it aswell lol"

You are right. Leavers must be separated from the rest of normal society

thornaby

T now there’s a thought I’d think most leavers would accept higher taxes to pay for it aswell lol

You are right. Leavers must be separated from the rest of normal society "

well if normall is the minority you may have something there

T now there’s a thought I’d think most leavers would accept higher taxes to pay for it aswell lol

You are right. Leavers must be separated from the rest of normal society well if normall is the minority you may have something there "

What is 66.4 million minus 17.4 million?

thornaby

You are right. Leavers must be separated from the rest of normal society well if normall is the minority you may have something there

What is 66.4 million minus 17.4 million? "

why are you assuming they are remainers ? What is 66.4 million minus 16.3 million ?

You are right. Leavers must be separated from the rest of normal society well if normall is the minority you may have something there

What is 66.4 million minus 17.4 million? why are you assuming they are remainers ? What is 66.4 million minus 16.3 million ?"

You assumed that the minority of the country wanted to remain? It is up there, in your previous post

thornaby

Ok then I’ll play yr game the minority who voted in the referendum then there do ya feel better petal mmmmmmwha

"Ok then I’ll play yr game the minority who voted in the referendum then there do ya feel better petal mmmmmmwha "

Yeah, that is much better, thanks for taking the time to explain,

"Ok then I’ll play yr game the minority who voted in the referendum then there do ya feel better petal mmmmmmwha

Yeah, that is much better, thanks for taking the time to explain, "

"That’s 17 million stupid people then lol"
don't forget the.4 don't leave us out

By *verysmileMan  over a year ago

CANTERBURY

It ain't going to happen.....

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

I don't know if that is the policy still..."

Your correct Fabio. It was a quite a clever plan by Salmond and Sturgeon.

"That’s 17 million stupid people then lol don't forget the.4 don't leave us out "

Sorry, but the .4 have died

What is 66.4 million minus 17.4 million? why are you assuming they are remainers ? What is 66.4 million minus 16.3 million ?"

51.1 million .

17.4 million of which are wrong uns

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

He's a decent guy and politician. Future labour leader?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Sadiq khan lost the plot?

Did he ever have it to lose?

By *aribbean King 1985Man 2 weeks ago

South West London

Chuck the Khan out come May 2024

By *andsome_MeeeMan 2 weeks ago

London

Khan lives rent free in the minds of people who don't even live in London

By *altenkommandoMan 2 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

Many stupid people believe that Brexit is a good thing "

More stupid people believed remaining was in our national interests. The 52% of us that didn’t want to be governed by an unaccountable foreign entity, have pride in our Sovereign nation and loyalty to it voted to leave even if it meant a few short-term blips along the way.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 2 weeks ago

golden fields

"

More stupid people believed remaining was in our national interests. The 52% of us that didn’t want to be governed by an unaccountable foreign entity, have pride in our Sovereign nation and loyalty to it voted to leave even if it meant a few short-term blips along the way. "

Savage take down of Leave voter ignorance.

By *I TwoCouple 2 weeks ago

Cookstown

"

More stupid people believed remaining was in our national interests. The 52% of us that didn’t want to be governed by an unaccountable foreign entity, have pride in our Sovereign nation and loyalty to it voted to leave even if it meant a few short-term blips along the way. "

Yes it's great how Brexit shut the borders and stopped all the illegal immigrants.

Top notch but there's not many other benefits .. sorry any

By *oubleswing2019Man 2 weeks ago

Colchester

"Top notch but there's not many other benefits .. sorry any"

Oh I don't know...it helped "out" assorted members of my family who were closet racists and xenophobes.

By *mateur100Man 2 weeks ago

nr faversham

"

More stupid people believed remaining was in our national interests. The 52% of us that didn’t want to be governed by an unaccountable foreign entity, have pride in our Sovereign nation and loyalty to it voted to leave even if it meant a few short-term blips along the way.

Savage take down of Leave voter ignorance. "

How did I know Johnny boy would be making his usual anti Brexit comment in this thread

By *AFKA HovisMan 2 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

How did I know Johnny boy would be making his usual anti Brexit comment in this thread "

This thread seems to be about something brexity. Seems a fair place to comment.

golden fields

"

How did I know Johnny boy would be making his usual anti Brexit comment in this thread "

Someone else brought it up. And someone else ripped the piss out of Brexit voters.

Still, I'm flattered that you think of me so much.

By *mateur100Man 2 weeks ago

nr faversham

"

How did I know Johnny boy would be making his usual anti Brexit comment in this thread

Someone else brought it up. And someone else ripped the piss out of Brexit voters.

Still, I'm flattered that you think of me so much. "

Difficult not to since you're always around anything anti Brexit

golden fields

"

Still, I'm flattered that you think of me so much.

Difficult not to since you're always around anything anti Brexit "

Does that mean you keep noticing me because you're always around anything "anti-brexit"?

By *aribbean King 1985Man 6 days ago

South West London

Its funny how Sadiq Khan promising to eradidic rough sleeping in London by 2030 when the amount of people in London being made homeless has gone up by 70% since his been Mayor. Just something to think about to those who intend on voting for him again

By *abygirl6969TV/TS 6 days ago

Edinburgh

But ask yourself, why does the most intelligent area in the UK (I.e., London) consistently vote Labour over Conservative?

By *astandFeistyCouple 6 days ago

Bournemouth

"But ask yourself, why does the most intelligent area in the UK (I.e., London) consistently vote Labour over Conservative?"

What does 'consistently' mean. London has only had 3 mayor's, 2 Labour and 1 Tory.

By *otMe66Man 6 days ago

Terra Firma

"But ask yourself, why does the most intelligent area in the UK (I.e., London) consistently vote Labour over Conservative?"

London the most intelligent area in the UK, that is crazy talk

By *ostindreamsMan 6 days ago

London

On what basis did you arrive at the conclusion that London is the most intelligent area? Have you even used the public transport here?

By *ustaboutSaneMan 6 days ago

BelLiv

"But ask yourself, why does the most intelligent area in the UK (I.e., London) consistently vote Labour over Conservative?

On what basis did you arrive at the conclusion that London is the most intelligent area? Have you even used the public transport here? "

I was going to say, Intelligence tends to be demonstrated by knowing whats going on around then and being concerned about it, not the complete opposite.

South West London

Sorry but there's not much intelligent things to say about whats happening in London at the moment with LTNs in unnecessary places which are causing more pollution and traffic that they were meant to prevent, knife and other crime higher then they were berfore 2016, public transport not up to scratch. Clearly we need change so Chuck the Khan out come next month

By *ostindreamsMan 6 days ago

London

Also the statement that London "consistently vote Labour over Conservative" is false. Boris was the mayor before Sadiq. Sadiq has gotten a long run because Tories are running the government. So he was able to claim credit for all good things in London and blame Tories for all bad things. He wouldn't have that scapegoat after next GE.

Is London more inclined to vote for Labour? Sure. But that has more to do with its age and religious demographics and less to do with intelligence. Does London consistently vote for Labour? Not at all.

By *oversfunCouple 6 days ago

ayrshire

"But ask yourself, why does the most intelligent area in the UK (I.e., London) consistently vote Labour over Conservative? Sorry but there's not much intelligent things to say about whats happening in London at the moment with LTNs in unnecessary places which are causing more pollution and traffic that they were meant to prevent, knife and other crime higher then they were berfore 2016, public transport not up to scratch. Clearly we need change so Chuck the Khan out come next month"

Oh i hope he wins,just to see your meltdown on here

By *abygirl6969TV/TS 6 days ago

Edinburgh

If you look at wider London picture. Not just mayoral

By *ustaboutSaneMan 6 days ago

BelLiv

"But ask yourself, why does the most intelligent area in the UK (I.e., London) consistently vote Labour over Conservative? Sorry but there's not much intelligent things to say about whats happening in London at the moment with LTNs in unnecessary places which are causing more pollution and traffic that they were meant to prevent, knife and other crime higher then they were berfore 2016, public transport not up to scratch. Clearly we need change so Chuck the Khan out come next month

Oh i hope he wins,just to see your meltdown on here "

Why would you prefer to see someone's meltdown over the good that a change in mind mayor policy have on a massive population group? Strange.

By *andsome_MeeeMan 6 days ago

London

"Its funny how Sadiq Khan promising to eradidic rough sleeping in London by 2030 when the amount of people in London being made homeless has gone up by 70% since his been Mayor. Just something to think about to those who intend on voting for him again "

You have this weird unhealthy obsession with him. You are reviving months old topics.

South West London

"Its funny how Sadiq Khan promising to eradidic rough sleeping in London by 2030 when the amount of people in London being made homeless has gone up by 70% since his been Mayor. Just something to think about to those who intend on voting for him again

You have this weird unhealthy obsession with him. You are reviving months old topics.

"

you can say what want but fact is the Mayoral election in London is 2 weeks away and most people werent aware of it hence why I brought it up so excuse me if you think I have this weird obsession with him its because I dont want him re-elected. His been the worse London Mayor ever and records show it

London

"Its funny how Sadiq Khan promising to eradidic rough sleeping in London by 2030 when the amount of people in London being made homeless has gone up by 70% since his been Mayor. Just something to think about to those who intend on voting for him again

you can say what want but fact is the Mayoral election in London is 2 weeks away and most people werent aware of it hence why I brought it up so excuse me if you think I have this weird obsession with him its because I dont want him re-elected. His been the worse London Mayor ever and records show it "

Boris wasted £1 billion of taxpayers money on vanity projects. Most other things he did were continuing Ken Livingstone's projects.

I would say Boris has been the worst mayor London had. He just had the privilege of government funding.

As soon as Boris left city hall, funding for TFL etc was slashed (funny eh).

Bournemouth

you can say what want but fact is the Mayoral election in London is 2 weeks away and most people werent aware of it hence why I brought it up so excuse me if you think I have this weird obsession with him its because I dont want him re-elected. His been the worse London Mayor ever and records show it

Boris wasted £1 billion of taxpayers money on vanity projects. Most other things he did were continuing Ken Livingstone's projects.

I would say Boris has been the worst mayor London had. He just had the privilege of government funding.

As soon as Boris left city hall, funding for TFL etc was slashed (funny eh)."

Straight Outta Guardian

London

Straight Outta Guardian "

Not really. Financial times reported this too, and they are fairly neutral, albeit economically right leaning.

Bournemouth

Straight Outta Guardian

Not really. Financial times reported this too, and they are fairly neutral, albeit economically right leaning."

Why are you talking about 'right leaning'?

Did the FT say that he 'wasted' £1b?

You're brand new here and you've already shown us you can't be objective, this should be fun

By *orny-DJMan 6 days ago

Leigh-on-Sea

Don't think he ever had it

South West London

As soon as Boris left city hall, funding for TFL etc was slashed (funny eh)."

Well Im not saying Boris was perfect far from it actually but we have to agree to disagree. I mean you're talking from maybe a financial point but on crime in particular knife and murders Sadiq loses on this. Just for the record Sadiq Khan isnt the reason why we have knife crime but under his time as Mayor its got worse. Over a 1000 people in London have been murdered which includes 160 teenagers (and counting) since Sadiq Khan been Mayor. Under Boris Johnson it was 118 teenagers being murdered and Sadiq Khan claims knife crime is down under him? If thats the case then I afraid his up to the job

London

[Removed by poster at 19/04/24 14:30:25]

London

As soon as Boris left city hall, funding for TFL etc was slashed (funny eh). Well Im not saying Boris was perfect far from it actually but we have to agree to disagree. I mean you're talking from maybe a financial point but on crime in particular knife and murders Sadiq loses on this. Just for the record Sadiq Khan isnt the reason why we have knife crime but under his time as Mayor its got worse. Over a 1000 people in London have been murdered which includes 160 teenagers (and counting) since Sadiq Khan been Mayor. Under Boris Johnson it was 118 teenagers being murdered and Sadiq Khan claims knife crime is down under him? If thats the case then I afraid his up to the job"

Boris closed hundred of police stations (fact, not a lefty opinion)

Police numbers fell when Boris was Mayor (fact, not a lefty opinion)

The government has slashed funding for social care and youth centre (fact, not a lefty opinion)

ayrshire

"But ask yourself, why does the most intelligent area in the UK (I.e., London) consistently vote Labour over Conservative? Sorry but there's not much intelligent things to say about whats happening in London at the moment with LTNs in unnecessary places which are causing more pollution and traffic that they were meant to prevent, knife and other crime higher then they were berfore 2016, public transport not up to scratch. Clearly we need change so Chuck the Khan out come next month

Oh i hope he wins,just to see your meltdown on here

Why would you prefer to see someone's meltdown over the good that a change in mind mayor policy have on a massive population group? Strange. "

I want to see the meltdown and if you have a problem with that then tough

South West London

Lets not mention about the Government because I want to talk about the London Mayors but yes Boris did close police station and so did Sadiq (35 of them of memory serves)

And I guess you're gonna tell me there's been more TFL and other public sector strikes under Boris right?

ayrshire

"Lets not mention about the Government because I want to talk about the London Mayors but yes Boris did close police station and so did Sadiq (35 of them of memory serves)

And I guess you're gonna tell me there's been more TFL and other public sector strikes under Boris right?

"

how many police stations did boris close?

By *andsome_MeeeMan 5 days ago

London

"Lets not mention about the Government because I want to talk about the London Mayors but yes Boris did close police station and so did Sadiq (35 of them of memory serves)

"

Government cuts have attributed to a rise in crime all over the UK. However the rise in London is the lowest compared to the UK. It's important to mention this as there are factors the mayor does not control.

However, closures of police stations and cuts to police are absolutely on the Mayors watch. Boris Johnson reduced police numbers and closed 63 police stations.

TFL has been underfunded since Sadiq Khan was elected. Politically motivated cuts to TFL by the Tories have obviously affected its finances and operation. London receives the least amount of public transport funding than any other major city in the world. That being said, TFL had more debt under Boris Johnson than Sadiq Khan.

» Add a new message to this topic