FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Why are out Goverment so useless and slow.

Why are out Goverment so useless and slow.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rench letter OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chorley,

The recent floods Boris not going out to visit communitys who have been affected by the floods government minister not offerng financial support but yet will waste on Brexit and HS2 and new bridge.

British citizens trapped by the coronavirus virus so slow in get to them out. Boris Johnson and his government a waste of space.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

They threw millions at renewable subsidies, and pence at flood prevention/protection. There's no money in flooding...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Awww, you poor little spoon-fed folks, did your sedan chair give ye a rough ride earlier....??!

Blinded by affluence.

Look where you are FORTUNATE enough to be living and the freedoms, choices, care and OPPORTUNITIES you take so much for granted.

Unless, of course, this is an attempt at black humour..??

My opinion, as usual.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"The recent floods Boris not going out to visit communitys who have been affected by the floods government minister not offerng financial support but yet will waste on Brexit and HS2 and new bridge.

British citizens trapped by the coronavirus virus so slow in get to them out. Boris Johnson and his government a waste of space. "

Y7ou obviously havnt worked on any construction projects nothing gets done quickly you need feasibility consultations, impact studies, health and safety assessments,risk assessments and so it goes on before anything gets done.Thats why everything takes an age and a whole lot of money, loads of suites talking about a job.

Because people have an utterly unrealistic expectation of what the government can do. Everyone wants everything now and for every eventuality to have been planned for perfectly before the situation ever occurs.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The problem is that the flood prevention measures should be better in the first place

It is like so many things it has been neglected because for the last few tears parliament has just argued about Brexit and the country has not been run properly,this MUST improve.

As for the people on the cruise ship the government has failed to deal with this quickly enough in my view.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

What difference does it make if the Prime Minister visits the floods or not? It won't change anything or make any difference to clearing up.

Because he is a RICH boy

If he burned £50 notes in front of the homeless he's probably waiting for his yacht to turn up & say

Tally Ho .

As above what difference would a visit to the floods make? It would just be a form of cheap publicity. In any event those who have suffered losses will be covered by insurance subject to any excess payment.

Residents of Northern Ireland or Scotland are hardly going to regard the proposed bridge as a waste of money. At least the government are thinking of all countries in the UK and its construction would help maintain the Union. In addition its successfull completion would be a great endorsement of the UKs engineering excellence

HS2 is another project which will bring the North and South together and give the UK a chance to show its railways are as good if not better than other countries .

Boris is a man of vision committed to improving the UK infrastructure.

The UK passed a massive endorsement of his policies on December 12 th. Whilst there is always room for improvement it was a very good result on the day concerned .

As an added bonus the Stock Market endorsed his policies by rising strongly after the election.

If anyone thinks that the current government are bad I dread to think what a government by any other party would be like .

Again the electorate have already passed their opinions on the capabilities of the other parties.

"As above what difference would a visit to the floods make? It would just be a form of cheap publicity. In any event those who have suffered losses will be covered by insurance subject to any excess payment.

Residents of Northern Ireland or Scotland are hardly going to regard the proposed bridge as a waste of money. At least the government are thinking of all countries in the UK and its construction would help maintain the Union. In addition its successfull completion would be a great endorsement of the UKs engineering excellence

HS2 is another project which will bring the North and South together and give the UK a chance to show its railways are as good if not better than other countries .

The UK passed a massive endorsement of his policies on December 12 th. Whilst there is always room for improvement it was a very good result on the day concerned .

As an added bonus the Stock Market endorsed his policies by rising strongly after the election.

If anyone thinks that the current government are bad I dread to think what a government by any other party would be like .

Again the electorate have already passed their opinions on the capabilities of the other parties. "

Maybe Boris should do what that aussie bloke did & go on holiday.

"In any event those who have suffered losses will be covered by insurance subject to any excess payment.

"

That's presuming everyone can afford to insure their property to the degree necessary, which I'd hazard a guess not everyone can.

Boris turning up to disasters or not will always draw negative view points either way but I think not visiting flooded areas will bring more negativity than doing so.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

"In any event those who have suffered losses will be covered by insurance subject to any excess payment.

That's presuming everyone can afford to insure their property to the degree necessary, which I'd hazard a guess not everyone can.

Boris turning up to disasters or not will always draw negative view points either way but I think not visiting flooded areas will bring more negativity than doing so. "

Insurance companies are increasingly refusing to ensure properties at risk of flooding.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"As above what difference would a visit to the floods make? It would just be a form of cheap publicity. In any event those who have suffered losses will be covered by insurance subject to any excess payment.

Again the electorate have already passed their opinions on the capabilities of the other parties. "

I totally agree with your post and until Labour sort itself out Boris and the Conservatives will be in power for a very long time.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Votes aren't being sought in the immediate future, so the government can behave in its preferred natural way.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

So it's ok to turn to those of us taxpayers who do insure our property for a handout when it rains then.?

So it's ok to turn to those of us taxpayers who do insure our property for a handout when it rains then.?"

I'm not sure what "hand outs" are available to flood victims but are you against it if people do get aid?

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Yalding in Kent has flooded for the last 60 years ....don't winge moan or expect others to pick up the tab ....simple solution is you know it has flooded in the past so don't buy a house there ....blame culture yet again ...piss off

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

The British are the only nationality left on the cruise ship in Yokohama and will be there for at least another day. All the other countries have been more efficient in evacuations than ours.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"The British are the only nationality left on the cruise ship in Yokohama and will be there for at least another day. All the other countries have been more efficient in evacuations than ours. "

The quarantine only finished on Wednesday. Apart from the US, who now have their own problems, other countries didn't start to repatriate until yesterday.

Our flight was due out yesterday, but has been held up until today.

Doing this right is a lot more important than doing it quick.

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

I know someone in a “flood zone”. The last time it was a bit moist was 35 years ago. Since then , the offending stream has been diverted. He lives on a hill too but still in the “danger zone”. He can’t get house insurance. That’s insurance companies for ya .

Leeds

Why can't the British people bring their suitcases home ?

belfast/holywood

"Why can't the British people bring their suitcases home ?"

I don’t know, why can’t British people bring their suitcases home - (this better be a funny joke lol ) !’

Leeds

"Why can't the British people bring their suitcases home ?

I don’t know, why can’t British people bring their suitcases home - (this better be a funny joke lol ) !’"

It is not a joke. They can only bring hand luggage off the Diamond Princess. So they will be another two weeks in quarantine without their stuff.

Because every single item they possess is a potential carrier for transmitting the infection. They don't want to have to have a load of baggage handlers potentially exposed as well as all the other people involved in the repatriation. The situation is very different than previous repatriations of holiday makers from when travel operators have gone bust.

belfast/holywood

"Because every single item they possess is a potential carrier for transmitting the infection. They don't want to have to have a load of baggage handlers potentially exposed as well as all the other people involved in the repatriation. The situation is very different than previous repatriations of holiday makers from when travel operators have gone bust."

I thought that might be the sensible answer. I wonder what other nations are doing with the suitcases of their repatriated citizens ?

Not sure. The easiest option would be to load them into a hazardous materials container and have them gamma irradiated. That will make them safe. However you may find some people don't want them back and are happy to have replacement items etc. I'm not sure what each government is offering.

the wetlands

So it's ok to turn to those of us taxpayers who do insure our property for a handout when it rains then.?

I'm not sure what "hand outs" are available to flood victims but are you against it if people do get aid? "

If it's in lieu of insurance then yes, I'm very opposed to it

If it's a short term loan to be repaid by insurance then fine

the wetlands

"The British are the only nationality left on the cruise ship in Yokohama and will be there for at least another day. All the other countries have been more efficient in evacuations than ours. "

Don't they have travel insurance ?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

How pleased were the Ukrainians to be home i wonder...

upton wirral

"Because he is a RICH boy

If he burned £50 notes in front of the homeless he's probably waiting for his yacht to turn up & say

Tally Ho ."

You are very sick and jealous you must have had a bad life

upton wirral

"The British are the only nationality left on the cruise ship in Yokohama and will be there for at least another day. All the other countries have been more efficient in evacuations than ours.

Don't they have travel insurance ?"

None of us know the full facts yet

the wetlands

"The British are the only nationality left on the cruise ship in Yokohama and will be there for at least another day. All the other countries have been more efficient in evacuations than ours.

Don't they have travel insurance ?None of us know the full facts yet"

Very true

» Add a new message to this topic