FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Art

Art

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Should we give the art and artifacts back now we have left the EU. I think yes x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Should we give the art and artifacts back now we have left the EU. I think yes x"

Why now?

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

Permission was granted to take them and they were probably saved from extremely war mongering factions at the time. The display in the British museum probably added to a greater understanding of Greek culture not only here but in Greece and worldwide. There are far more outstanding artifacts in Greece anyway, so just having these benefits all, and probably is viewed by more people ever than would have seen them in Greece.

Just my take, I've seen them, they are very good, extremely well crafted and they display excellent in the museum. Every museum has artifacts from around the world, including Greek museums. Where do you stop if they go back, clear out all museums, The National gallery would be pretty empty and the natural history museum would be pretty low on dinosaur bones and fossils displayed.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Should we give the art and artifacts back now we have left the EU. I think yes x"
Yeah great idea everyone give everything back to where it originated that way people can only learn about their own culture and be shut out from the rest of the world, brilliant idea pure genius.

Ridiculous idea tbh.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Send them home it is right and gets Greece on our side in negotiations

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

"Send them home it is right and gets Greece on our side in negotiations"

Your optimism is noted....although the Greeks are unlikely to be instrumental in setting direction or having any influence whatsoever.

Can we donate Tracey Emmen to the EU?

» Add a new message to this topic