FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nicola Sturgeon on her way out?

Nicola Sturgeon on her way out?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *an For You OP   Man  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

Looks like the SNP are about to oust the poison dwarf?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Thank God...the most annoying woman on tv / politics....

belfast/holywood

Well she can always return to her day job in the krankies

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

How have we got to a place whereby it is no longer possible to compliment someone on their attributes just because you disagree with them?

On any level, Nicola Sturgeon is one of the most effective Party Leaders that any Party in the UK has had since Tony Blair led the Labour Party so successfully.

canterbury

Ask the people of scotland ...how good...one trick pony

By *wosmilersCouple  over a year ago

Heathrowish

What's she being ousted for....and is this just a fantasy of a Daily Express lead writer?

belfast/holywood

Google is a wonderful thing. Try using it. And never mind her recent performance at first ministers questions

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ask the people of scotland ...how good...one trick pony "

Wonder why the people of scotland keep voting for her if shes a one trick pony ?

"How have we got to a place whereby it is no longer possible to compliment someone on their attributes just because you disagree with them?

On any level, Nicola Sturgeon is one of the most effective Party Leaders that any Party in the UK has had since Tony Blair led the Labour Party so successfully."

Well said ,she is by far the best politician in the uk

"Well she can always return to her day job in the krankies"

Do your friends in nursery school ever tell you your patters shite lol

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

"How have we got to a place whereby it is no longer possible to compliment someone on their attributes just because you disagree with them?

On any level, Nicola Sturgeon is one of the most effective Party Leaders that any Party in the UK has had since Tony Blair led the Labour Party so successfully.

Well said ,she is by far the best politician in the uk "

Yeah, well said she had a lot better than the morons down here.

Well said ,she is by far the best politician in the uk "

However the UK comprises England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. At the recent election the party chosen to lead the UK was the Conservative party and Boris Johnson. She fails to recognise reality or realise that Scotland did not vote to become independent last time. I prefer politicians who respect democracy.

North West

Well said ,she is by far the best politician in the uk However the UK comprises England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. At the recent election the party chosen to lead the UK was the Conservative party and Boris Johnson. She fails to recognise reality or realise that Scotland did not vote to become independent last time. I prefer politicians who respect democracy. "

Is that possibly because you are a political sycophant, bereft of autonomous thought??

Many who regurgitate political diatribe are - not saying that you are - but have you tested your own cognitive bias recently?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

On any level, Nicola Sturgeon is one of the most effective Party Leaders that any Party in the UK has had since Tony Blair led the Labour Party so successfully."

Yes very true she has modelled herself on Thatcher

belfast/holywood

"Well she can always return to her day job in the krankies

Do your friends in nursery school ever tell you your patters shite lol "

She’s out. Gone. History. Even the SNP hate her. So she took over from someone accused of certain offences “ahem” and her favoured replacement has resigned for similar offences with a minor ..... jeez

"

However the UK comprises England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. At the recent election the party chosen to lead the UK was the Conservative party and Boris Johnson. She fails to recognise reality or realise that Scotland did not vote to become independent last time.

I prefer politicians who respect democracy. "

I prefer forum posters who have an ounce of common sense but the above doesn't qualify unfortunately.

To spell out the blatantly obvious, one of the big remain arguments for Scotland was staying a member of the UK kept them a member of the European Union

2 years on that promise has been broken so why should Scotland not have another vote now there has been a major change such as Brexit?

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"However the UK comprises England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. At the recent election the party chosen to lead the UK was the Conservative party and Boris Johnson. She fails to recognise reality or realise that Scotland did not vote to become independent last time. I prefer politicians who respect democracy. "

I do my best to see things from other perspectives - so to help me, I've got a question for you.

So what is your _iew of the other side of the argument?

Can you explain what it is as you see it - and explain why it's wrong?

canterbury

Ok then tell us what good she has done for Scotland....

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Ok then tell us what good she has done for Scotland...."

She's got Labour out of Scotland. Making it even harder for them to win a GE.

"However the UK comprises England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. At the recent election the party chosen to lead the UK was the Conservative party and Boris Johnson. She fails to recognise reality or realise that Scotland did not vote to become independent last time. I prefer politicians who respect democracy.

I do my best to see things from other perspectives - so to help me, I've got a question for you.

"

Hi

You raise a very interesting point. However as I do not see other posters raising both sides of a case I will stick to the normal forum convention. In any event it is only a discussion forum and many posters have already raised the various points supporting independence. However at the last referendum Scottish Independence was firmly rejected. Probably a case of the silent majority winning again.

The ignorance is all too familiar. Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP win landslides after landslides, voted in by the people of Scotland.

Bitter unionists can bump their gums, as they spin in their hamster wheels, furious they are getting no traction.

Hence the lies and fantasies about Nicola Sturgeon & SNP that bear no resemblance to reality. Suits us y'all being so thick as it makes you even more ineffective...as you were. X

By *xXgemmaXxXCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"However the UK comprises England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. At the recent election the party chosen to lead the UK was the Conservative party and Boris Johnson. She fails to recognise reality or realise that Scotland did not vote to become independent last time. I prefer politicians who respect democracy.

Hi

You raise a very interesting point. However as I do not see other posters raising both sides of a case I will stick to the normal forum convention. In any event it is only a discussion forum and many posters have already raised the various points supporting independence. However at the last referendum Scottish Independence was firmly rejected. Probably a case of the silent majority winning again. "

You are correct it was rejected however not as overwhelmingly as you are implying. You are also missing the point that a lot of people who voted no done so on the promise that the only way to remain a part of the EU was to stay a part of the UK. How has that worked out? In my opinion i see no reason why Scotland couldn’t survive as an independent country and surely if we are being subsidised by England and such a burden they would be only too happy to see us go

belfast/holywood

"The ignorance is all too familiar. Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP win landslides after landslides, voted in by the people of Scotland.

Bitter unionists can bump their gums, as they spin in their hamster wheels, furious they are getting no traction.

Hence the lies and fantasies about Nicola Sturgeon & SNP that bear no resemblance to reality. Suits us y'all being so thick as it makes you even more ineffective...as you were. X"

So the BBC and other respected news outlets are lying too ?. As are many SNP members ?. Her days are numbered. Watch this space cos wen it happens , this thread is gonna re appear

Like so many parties there is a hardcore support.

The SNP is no different, Scotland knows Independence is further away than most think and where Sturgeon is trying to make that break as seamless and legal as possible there is a hardcore faction hell bent on breaking the Union anyway possible.

We don’t want a Catalan style fiasco and Nicola Sturgeon, who is a very shrewd politician, knows this and is looking at EVERY legal angle she possibly can.

Those hardcore Nationalists that want separation are as blind as those who voted Brexit.

It will happen, the support for the Unionist parties is shrinking daily but the people need to be patient. The last thing we in Scotland need is another 2014 where Alex Salmond went in half prepared.

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

[Removed by poster at 24/02/20 15:02:30]

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Yes very true she has modelled herself on Thatcher"

Complete and utter nonsense.

Ayr

"So she took over from someone accused of certain offences “ahem” and her favoured replacement has resigned for similar offences with a minor ..... jeez"

Not at all similar, from a legal point of _iew.

Then again, accuracy was never your strong point.

Keep spouting utter pish. It's what you're best at.

Ayr

"Ok then tell us what good she has done for Scotland...."

Scots don't have to pay the Bedroom Tax.

"Like so many parties there is a hardcore support.

The SNP is no different, Scotland knows Independence is further away than most think and where Sturgeon is trying to make that break as seamless and legal as possible there is a hardcore faction hell bent on breaking the Union anyway possible.

We don’t want a Catalan style fiasco and Nicola Sturgeon, who is a very shrewd politician, knows this and is looking at EVERY legal angle she possibly can.

Those hardcore Nationalists that want separation are as blind as those who voted Brexit.

It will happen, the support for the Unionist parties is shrinking daily but the people need to be patient. The last thing we in Scotland need is another 2014 where Alex Salmond went in half prepared.

"

this comment you made

"Those hardcore Nationalists that want separation are as blind as those who voted Brexit"

destroys your whole statement;

a very foolish statement to include those comments

"Ok then tell us what good she has done for Scotland....

Scots don't have to pay the Bedroom Tax."

She supports marmalade and shortbread production..

belfast/holywood

She supports marmalade and shortbread production.."

She made the Krankies weirdly popular

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

She supports marmalade and shortbread production..

She made the Krankies weirdly popular "

But is she a swinger?

By all accounts the Krankies were/are.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

I think Boris has got this Scottish independence lark well sussed out.

Keep them dangling for another few years and keep the oil flowing.

Give then independence in around 20 years when they've got less oil and no-one will want it anyway.

By that time we'll all be running around in Electric Jonny Cabs fuelled by windmills.

canterbury

With her shit she spouts ...it's helped the drink and drug trade enormously....as they do anything to try and forget how crap she has being as the first minister...

belfast/holywood

"I think Boris has got this Scottish independence lark well sussed out.

Keep them dangling for another few years and keep the oil flowing.

Give then independence in around 20 years when they've got less oil and no-one will want it anyway.

By that time we'll all be running around in Electric Jonny Cabs fuelled by windmills. "

By *oingdown2Man  over a year ago

angus

Always good to see sun express and daily mail readers spout crap. I for on am happy to have free prescriptions, best performing a&e, no bridge tolls, free university tuition and a very tolerant society. Come on up, you're most welcome. Look up Scotlands wealth. You might be surprised. Oh and for the record, the BBC has never been well respected for years. Run by the Tories for years. They even decide who the director is. Google is also my friend but I choose to use independent sources for my data...

By *amantMan  over a year ago

Alnmouth

Well said ,she is by far the best politician in the uk However the UK comprises England, Scotland , Wales and Northern Ireland. At the recent election the party chosen to lead the UK was the Conservative party and Boris Johnson. She fails to recognise reality or realise that Scotland did not vote to become independent last time. I prefer politicians who respect democracy. "

Scotland was told during that independence referendum that their status with the European Union would not change. Although we are outside of the EU, we are still in the transition period but Scotland's status has already changed, though the effects of this won't be felt until after the transition period. The fact remains, they were promised their status would not change. Now that is has, it has only furthered the cause for Scottish independence and will continue to do so when the full effects of us leaving the EU begin to be felt.

Grantham

"Always good to see sun express and daily mail readers spout crap. I for on am happy to have free prescriptions, best performing a&e, no bridge tolls, free university tuition and a very tolerant society. Come on up, you're most welcome. Look up Scotlands wealth. You might be surprised. Oh and for the record, the BBC has never been well respected for years. Run by the Tories for years. They even decide who the director is. Google is also my friend but I choose to use independent sources for my data... "

There is no such thing as "free". Someone, somewhere pays for it.

Serious about independence? Get Ms Sturgeon to stand up in Holyrood and tell the UK that she is abandoning Barnett.

angus

"Always good to see sun express and daily mail readers spout crap. I for on am happy to have free prescriptions, best performing a&e, no bridge tolls, free university tuition and a very tolerant society. Come on up, you're most welcome. Look up Scotlands wealth. You might be surprised. Oh and for the record, the BBC has never been well respected for years. Run by the Tories for years. They even decide who the director is. Google is also my friend but I choose to use independent sources for my data...

Serious about independence? Get Ms Sturgeon to stand up in Holyrood and tell the UK that she is abandoning Barnett. "

That's applied by Westminster. And it's less than we contribute that we get back in return. Go figure..

Grantham

"Always good to see sun express and daily mail readers spout crap. I for on am happy to have free prescriptions, best performing a&e, no bridge tolls, free university tuition and a very tolerant society. Come on up, you're most welcome. Look up Scotlands wealth. You might be surprised. Oh and for the record, the BBC has never been well respected for years. Run by the Tories for years. They even decide who the director is. Google is also my friend but I choose to use independent sources for my data...

Serious about independence? Get Ms Sturgeon to stand up in Holyrood and tell the UK that she is abandoning Barnett.

That's applied by Westminster. And it's less than we contribute that we get back in return. Go figure.."

Ms Sturgeon can easily tell Westminster that she wants to leave Barnett behind. To bring Scotland back into line with England on per head spending.

Surely it's the sensible thing to do if Scotland has ambitions to leave Westminster behind.

canterbury

Got to have the gonads to do that ....

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 27/02/20 07:04:58]

Ayrshire

"

Scotland was told during that independence referendum that their status with the European Union would not change. Although we are outside of the EU, we are still in the transition period but Scotland's status has already changed, though the effects of this won't be felt until after the transition period. The fact remains, they were promised their status would not change. Now that is has, it has only furthered the cause for Scottish independence and will continue to do so when the full effects of us leaving the EU begin to be felt."

Who made that promise?

"

Scotland was told during that independence referendum that their status with the European Union would not change. Although we are outside of the EU, we are still in the transition period but Scotland's status has already changed, though the effects of this won't be felt until after the transition period. The fact remains, they were promised their status would not change. Now that is has, it has only furthered the cause for Scottish independence and will continue to do so when the full effects of us leaving the EU begin to be felt.

Who made that promise? "

Davidson,mundell,murphy,dugdale,darlin,brown all can be found online saying it

angus

That's applied by Westminster. And it's less than we contribute that we get back in return. Go figure..

Ms Sturgeon can easily tell Westminster that she wants to leave Barnett behind. To bring Scotland back into line with England on per head spending.

Surely it's the sensible thing to do if Scotland has ambitions to leave Westminster behind. "

Why would she want to leave Barnett behind? We already get back less than we put in so why would she scrap something that gives us the greatest amount we could get back? We're still 37bn short changed every year..

Ayrshire

"

Who made that promise?

Davidson,mundell,murphy,dugdale,darlin,brown all can be found online saying it "

I'd like to see those links, as I couldn't find them saying what you said they did.

"

Who made that promise?

Davidson,mundell,murphy,dugdale,darlin,brown all can be found online saying it

I'd like to see those links, as I couldn't find them saying what you said they did.

"

Plenty of clips of all them saying it online,but im sure you already know that

Ayrshire

What we were told from VP of the EU commission, that a new independent Scotland would have no treaties with the EU and be treated as a third country.

If you voted yes to independence, the consequences of that yes vote meant no longer being a member of the EU.

So can I ask, if it didn't bother you then, why the faux outrage now?

"What we were told from VP of the EU commission, that a new independent Scotland would have no treaties with the EU and be treated as a third country.

If you voted yes to independence, the consequences of that yes vote meant no longer being a member of the EU.

So can I ask, if it didn't bother you then, why the faux outrage now? "

No one is talking about what was said by eu,you asked who said we would stay in eu if we voted no and ive gave you a list of ones who said it

Ayrshire

You just gave some names, but no links or any evidence that they said it.

We just have to take your word for it?

Well that ain't happening!

Still, were you happy to leave the EU with Scottish independence?

If its a yes, why the faux outrage now?

"You just gave some names, but no links or any evidence that they said it.

We just have to take your word for it?

Well that ain't happening!

Still, were you happy to leave the EU with Scottish independence?

If its a yes, why the faux outrage now?

"

Plenty of footage of all of them saying it but you already know that ,and no outrage here from me as i know when we are independent we will be welcomed with open arms back into the eu ,and so do you

One thing I'll never understand with the Scottish independence issue is why are so many people against the Scott's being able to exercise their democratic right to decide what they want to do.

The 2014 referendum was most probably heavily influenced by arguments of remain in the UK means you remain in the EU.

Now that's all changed the 2014 argument for remaining in the UK is null & void so the Scott's should be able to either just have an in / out referendum again or a referendum on having an in / out referendum.

Ayrshire

We all knew that the EU referendum was on the horizon, it was even mentioned in the White Paper.

We voted to stay in the UK and that meant going with the majority of what the UK voted for.

Still no evidence of this footage. If there was, you would have produced it by now, but you haven't!

"We all knew that the EU referendum was on the horizon, it was even mentioned in the White Paper.

We voted to stay in the UK and that meant going with the majority of what the UK voted for.

Still no evidence of this footage. If there was, you would have produced it by now, but you haven't!

"

When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do?

The facts in Scotland (and indeed northern ireland) have changed. They should be allowed to change their mind.

belfast/holywood

Well Northern Ireland will have a slightly different trading agreement as for the rest of the UK but then again, NI has always had various different rules, regulations and laws than England say. Latest polling suggests a fall in demand for a unification referendum

"Well Northern Ireland will have a slightly different trading agreement as for the rest of the UK but then again, NI has always had various different rules, regulations and laws than England say. Latest polling suggests a fall in demand for a unification referendum"

What’s that you say about a different trading agreement? *flashback to the last 4 years of DUP/Tory promises*

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"We all knew that the EU referendum was on the horizon, it was even mentioned in the White Paper.

The facts in Scotland (and indeed northern ireland) have changed. They should be allowed to change their mind.

"

As did the UK when the facts changed from the common market we joined to the drip drip to a federal European super state, yet YOU dont seem to want to accept the majority of those who got of their backsides and voted wanted out.

As for Scotland if they want to leave then fine but the reasons you and remainers claim are important for the UK to remain in the eu are even more important for Scotland to remain in the UK

belfast/holywood

Exactly.... for as long as I can remember, the Scots have been complaining about foreign fishing vessels in their waters , taking their fish , ruining the lives of coastal communities. Fishing is a significant Scottish economy . Yet Scots want to remain in the EU and hence continue the status quo of EU fishing quotas and foreign trawlers taking the fish. Whenever PMs mention this at PMQs, the SNP have no answer. They just awkwardly stare at their feet. So what is the answer of the independence brigade ?

"Exactly.... for as long as I can remember, the Scots have been complaining about foreign fishing vessels in their waters , taking their fish , ruining the lives of coastal communities. Fishing is a significant Scottish economy . Yet Scots want to remain in the EU and hence continue the status quo of EU fishing quotas and foreign trawlers taking the fish. Whenever PMs mention this at PMQs, the SNP have no answer. They just awkwardly stare at their feet. So what is the answer of the independence brigade ?"

Not all Scots wish, or voted to remain in EU

and as the SNP are hell bent on sucking EU ass, many pro Independence Scots have turned their back on them.

belfast/holywood

"Exactly.... for as long as I can remember, the Scots have been complaining about foreign fishing vessels in their waters , taking their fish , ruining the lives of coastal communities. Fishing is a significant Scottish economy . Yet Scots want to remain in the EU and hence continue the status quo of EU fishing quotas and foreign trawlers taking the fish. Whenever PMs mention this at PMQs, the SNP have no answer. They just awkwardly stare at their feet. So what is the answer of the independence brigade ?

Not all Scots wish, or voted to remain in EU

and as the SNP are hell bent on sucking EU ass, many pro Independence Scots have turned their back on them."

True . My bad. When I said “Scots”, I meant the independence crew, who, because they shout the loudest , and are so vociferous in the House of Commons make it appear as if it’s the whole of Scotland want remain.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

anyone noticed there are a cpl of new posters on here who inly been on the site a week or so and a cpl of the old posters have gone unlos in the last cpl of weeks? hope no one trying to get around bans.you not back on here are ya bob

"anyone noticed there are a cpl of new posters on here who inly been on the site a week or so and a cpl of the old posters have gone unlos in the last cpl of weeks? hope no one trying to get around bans.you not back on here are ya bob"

who's bob?

belfast/holywood

"Exactly.... for as long as I can remember, the Scots have been complaining about foreign fishing vessels in their waters , taking their fish , ruining the lives of coastal communities. Fishing is a significant Scottish economy . Yet Scots want to remain in the EU and hence continue the status quo of EU fishing quotas and foreign trawlers taking the fish. Whenever PMs mention this at PMQs, the SNP have no answer. They just awkwardly stare at their feet. So what is the answer of the independence brigade ?"

Didn’t think there was a realistic answer

"

Im surprised a britnat like yourself with a little inteligence can say they never heard any of the unionists mentioned above saying vote no to stay in the eu,all clips are on youtube very easy to find

Ayrshire

So easy you haven't shared them.

If indy is such a good proposition, why must you rely on lies?

"So easy you haven't shared them.

If indy is such a good proposition, why must you rely on lies? "

You must be the only person in uk who never heard them saying it lol ,what lies ?

Ayrshire

Wheres the evidence, can you back up anything you said?

You're bullshitting, you made an allegation and when asked to provide evidence to back it up, you can't.

What would you call a person that does that?

Never believe a separatist or take them at face value.

"Wheres the evidence, can you back up anything you said?

You're bullshitting, you made an allegation and when asked to provide evidence to back it up, you can't.

"

Lol as i said you must be only person who never heard it being said, the evidence is all on youtube but you already know that,as a britnat you were probably saying the same to ppl

belfast/holywood

Lol as i said you must be only person who never heard it being said, the evidence is all on youtube but you already know that,as a britnat you were probably saying the same to ppl "

Link?

Lol as i said you must be only person who never heard it being said, the evidence is all on youtube but you already know that,as a britnat you were probably saying the same to ppl

Link?"

Google who said voting no is only way scotland can stay in uk,youl see davidson on youtube saying it youl get quotes from cameron ,mundell and others

Ayrshire

Link?

"Link? "

As above easily found on google and youtube but you already know that

belfast/holywood

I can’t find it.

Link?

"I can’t find it.

Link?"

Youtube ruth davidson says no vote would protect eu membership, google david Cameron only voting no will guarantee staying in eu

Ayrshire

But that wasn't what you claimed earlier, you alleged this "Scotland was told during that independence referendum that their status with the European Union would not change."

You haven't produced that.

Now what you are now saying that Davidson said is different, what she said is correct as a yes vote meant we would be leaving an EU member state, and an independent Scotland would have no treaties with the EU, rendering it a third country in EU parlance.

That was confirmed by the VP of the EU commission to prior to the referendum.

A yes vote meant leaving the EU, so I'll ask again, it never bothered you then, so why the faux outrage now?

"But that wasn't what you claimed earlier, you alleged this "Scotland was told during that independence referendum that their status with the European Union would not change."

You haven't produced that.

Now what you are now saying that Davidson said is different, what she said is correct as a yes vote meant we would be leaving an EU member state, and an independent Scotland would have no treaties with the EU, rendering it a third country in EU parlance.

A yes vote meant leaving the EU, so I'll ask again, it never bothered you then, so why the faux outrage now?

"

Think your quoting wrong person as i said no such thing ,maybe go back and read the posts lol

As did the UK when the facts changed from the common market we joined to the drip drip to a federal European super state, "

It was always more than a common market. The prime minister of the day even said so in speeches.

bournemouth

As did the UK when the facts changed from the common market we joined to the drip drip to a federal European super state,

It was always more than a common market. The prime minister of the day even said so in speeches."

We joined a common market, there was no free movement or the political bollocks we ended up with, while it is true to say that the ideas were there it has been acknowledged that these facts were hidden from voters, just the same as the proposals for the EU army and a federal europe were before the 2016 vote. They are all available on the net and what the movers and shakers in the EU say.

belfast/holywood

No. It was a common market . Then it became a European superstate. Ask Maggie( via ouija board)

"No. It was a common market . Then it became a European superstate. Ask Maggie( via ouija board)"

So the prime minister (among others) of the day didn’t speak about closer union with Europe?

"No. It was a common market . Then it became a European superstate. Ask Maggie( via ouija board)"

That’s the best way to communicate with her.

Maggie said that that the ‘political case’ of the EEC was ‘paramount’, did she not? what did she mean by that, do you think?

And Ted Heath of course spoke of a ‘United Europe’ in 1973. ‘European destiny’ he called it.

But of course. He probably just mean a common market when he said it was ‘far more than a common market’

Ayrshire

"

Think your quoting wrong person as i said no such thing ,maybe go back and read the posts lol"

The opening part of my post, within the quotation marks is a direct and verbatim quote of yours, check your own posts.

Still, I'll ask again, you were willing to see Scotland outside of the EU with your yes vote, you wasn't bothered then, so why the faux outrage now?

bournemouth

"No. It was a common market . Then it became a European superstate. Ask Maggie( via ouija board)

Maggie said that that the ‘political case’ of the EEC was ‘paramount’, did she not? what did she mean by that, do you think?"

You need to read her bruges speech.

She was an ardent fan of free trade and the single market but importantly free trade with the rest of the world, not the protectionist superstate that is trying to become.

belfast/holywood

"No. It was a common market . Then it became a European superstate. Ask Maggie( via ouija board)

Maggie said that that the ‘political case’ of the EEC was ‘paramount’, did she not? what did she mean by that, do you think?

She was an ardent fan of free trade and the single market but importantly free trade with the rest of the world, not the protectionist superstate that is trying to become."

Exactly . But many on here refuse to accept what happened in the past. I thought everyone knew about maggies change of heart when the superstate plans were announced. Obviously not

"

Think your quoting wrong person as i said no such thing ,maybe go back and read the posts lol

The opening part of my post, within the quotation marks is a direct and verbatim quote of yours, check your own posts.

Still, I'll ask again, you were willing to see Scotland outside of the EU with your yes vote, you wasn't bothered then, so why the faux outrage now? "

Think you should check again,i posted the mames who said voting no would allow scotland to stay in eu,i have no preference if we are in or out of eu

She was an ardent fan of free trade and the single market but importantly free trade with the rest of the world, not the protectionist superstate that is trying to become."

What about Heath in 1973?

Seriously. This myth that ‘it was only a common market’ is literally flying in the face of evidence.

belfast/holywood

Seriously?. What are you talking about. ? Look - just google Margaret thatcher Bruges speech. Then come back and twist history as you do in every single thread . Your lack of knowledge is standard for truth deniers.

BRUGES SPEECH. Ok?

"Seriously?. What are you talking about. ? Look - just google Margaret thatcher Bruges speech. Then come back and twist history as you do in every single thread . Your lack of knowledge is standard for truth deniers.

BRUGES SPEECH. Ok?"

I’m talking about the imbecile brexiters who say ‘we only joined a common market’

Thatcher wasn’t in power or close to it when we joined. All the capital letters in the world won’t change what Ted Heath (and others at the time) said.

It’s not twisting history to point out that Ted Heath talked about closer union and a united European project.

She was an ardent fan of free trade and the single market but importantly free trade with the rest of the world, not the protectionist superstate that is trying to become.

Exactly . But many on here refuse to accept what happened in the past. I thought everyone knew about maggies change of heart when the superstate plans were announced. Obviously not "

When was a ‘European superstate’ announced?

Time, date and speech, please?

Oh hang on. It is a European superstate? I thought they just wanted it to become a European superstate.

It’s as if brexiters don’t even have a unified argument.

Why would a ‘European superstate’ allow any of its members a referendum to leave?

bournemouth

Oh hang on. It is a European superstate? I thought they just wanted it to become a European superstate.

It’s as if brexiters don’t even have a unified argument.

Why would a ‘European superstate’ allow any of its members a referendum to leave?

"

They can have a vote but cant leave unless the others agree, TM said this was the reason she had to trigger art 50 when she did, it was all in the news at the time but try and find it now, I wonder why that is.

Ayrshire

"

Still, I'll ask again, you were willing to see Scotland outside of the EU with your yes vote, you wasn't bothered then, so why the faux outrage now?

Think you should check again,i posted the mames who said voting no would allow scotland to stay in eu,i have no preference if we are in or out of eu"

Yes you posted names, but you never posted any evidence to support your fabricated claim.

Did you check your earlier post to see that I quoted you correctly?

Once again I will ask, you voted yes in the 2014 referendum on Scottish independence.

The consequences of a yes vote meant leaving the EU, it never bothered you then, so why the faux outrage now?

"

Think you should check again,i posted the mames who said voting no would allow scotland to stay in eu,i have no preference if we are in or out of eu

Yes you posted names, but you never posted any evidence to support your fabricated claim.

Once again I will ask, you voted yes in the 2014 referendum on Scottish independence.

The consequences of a yes vote meant leaving the EU, it never bothered you then, so why the faux outrage now? "

Not once have i posted about eu so your quoting wrong person,ive already said ive no preference about being in or out of eu so no outrage here

"

The consequences of a yes vote meant leaving the EU, it never bothered you then, so why the faux outrage now? "

The evidence is there on youtube and google ive already told you that quite a few times

"anyone noticed there are a cpl of new posters on here who inly been on the site a week or so and a cpl of the old posters have gone unlos in the last cpl of weeks? hope no one trying to get around bans.you not back on here are ya bob"

Yeah not seen Bob for a while

Ayrshire

You really should share this evidence, I can't find it.

Help me out here.

You’re both arguing different things about the same subject and you’re both right.

The voters in Scotland were told by the No camp that a yes vote meant they left the EU and that staying in the Union meant staying in the EU...which didn’t happen. However, it swayed those who wished to stay in the EU.

Voting Yes was by default voting to leave the EU but with the hope and expectation an independent Scotland would rejoin.

It’s worth noting that had Scotland voted to leave the Union, Westminster would still have pulled Scotland from the EU as it’d have taken a couple of years to actually disentangle from rUK.

Ayrshire

Only 18 months according to Scotgovs White Paper.

If we're going to rake up what was said, the yes campaign made some bold claims.

Is that one of them?

Ayrshire

Yes it is, it was all to be done and dusted for March 2016.

You’re cherry- picking lol.

By *ild_oatsMan  over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

Resorting to personal attacks to try and score political points says more about the person delivering the attack.

Clearly do not have the intelligence or vocabulary to make a well reasoned argument without making personal comments.

Ayrshire

That was no cherry.

"Looks like the SNP are about to oust the poison dwarf?"

that all depends on what the Jury decide on the Alex Salmond case and if found guilty, then what did the first minister know (if anything)

I suspect with Alex Salmond the verdict will be - not proven

"Ask the people of scotland ...how good...one trick pony

Wonder why the people of scotland keep voting for her if shes a one trick pony ?"

Exactly!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Can’t stand her, I vote Conservative.

But she has bigger balls than gutless Boris.

North West

"The ignorance is all too familiar. Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP win landslides after landslides, voted in by the people of Scotland.

Hence the lies and fantasies about Nicola Sturgeon & SNP that bear no resemblance to reality. Suits us y'all being so thick as it makes you even more ineffective...as you were. X

So the BBC and other respected news outlets are lying too ?. As are many SNP members ?. Her days are numbered. Watch this space cos wen it happens , this thread is gonna re appear "

The thread has reappeared ....

On any level, Nicola Sturgeon is one of the most effective Party Leaders that any Party in the UK has had since Tony Blair led the Labour Party so successfully.Yes very true she has modelled herself on Thatcher"

Just read this. Thank you for making me laugh in the midst of world troubles. However, when I stopped and thought about it, it is deeply mysogenisitc. A woman cannot succeed in her profession without modeling herself on the only other woman in the UK to lead a country?

canterbury

There is good news then

7 weeks gone now...

Has she gone yet?

"Looks like the SNP are about to oust the poison dwarf?

7 weeks gone now...

Has she gone yet? "

I think she is doing well for Scotland at this nightmare of a time

I hope everyone in Scotland stays at home and fights this virus, okay we had a foolish medical advisor who is now gone, but hopefully everyone is taking this very serious

Ayr

"Looks like the SNP are about to oust the poison dwarf?

7 weeks gone now...

Has she gone yet? "

Well, after another two weeks, no.

Where is the OP? Not that he's been missed.

By *haverMan  over a year ago

bracknell

Cant wait till Catalan gets its independence

By *lack UhuruMan  over a year ago

Leeds/London

So they should. She's an irritating, ankle snapper. I've never seen that woman happy!

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Aye, she's still here and still runs rings round any of the tory shits in Westminster.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Cant wait till Catalan gets its independence"

Lol

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Aye, she's still here and still runs rings round any of the tory shits in Westminster. "

Falkirk

I have said on another thread, I've never liked her but she seems to be doing a far better job than our glorious leader in Westminster.

By *unscot44Man  over a year ago

Stepps (Glasgow)

Despite it being the stuff of the wet dreams of Daily Express & Daily Mail readers and all the right wing tabloids, i am glad to say there is no sign of Nicola Sturgeon going anywhere at moment.

All the signs are that the vast majority of people in Scotland believe she has done a better job and been much more clear & concise than the PM or UK Govt throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. I also suspect as much as it may despair their opponents you will get very long odds on the SNP not forming the next Scottish Govt in 2021 in some form or another.

It seems to me that some people hate her purely because of her stance on independence and a threat to the Union. Now while i can understand people feeling that way it seems that it stops them appraising her fairly without those Blinkers on. A bit like some people on either side of the Brexit debate will not give each other a fair hearing because their _iews are so entrenched.

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

"Despite it being the stuff of the wet dreams of Daily Express & Daily Mail readers and all the right wing tabloids, i am glad to say there is no sign of Nicola Sturgeon going anywhere at moment.

All the signs are that the vast majority of people in Scotland believe she has done a better job and been much more clear & concise than the PM or UK Govt throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. I also suspect as much as it may despair their opponents you will get very long odds on the SNP not forming the next Scottish Govt in 2021 in some form or another.

It seems to me that some people hate her purely because of her stance on independence and a threat to the Union. Now while i can understand people feeling that way it seems that it stops them appraising her fairly without those Blinkers on. A bit like some people on either side of the Brexit debate will not give each other a fair hearing because their _iews are so entrenched."

well said

Has she gone yet?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Has she gone yet? "

No but gone and had her hair done.

54% for snp in the polls seems nicola is doing not too bad op lol

"Has she gone yet?

No but gone and had her hair done."

Grantham

"54% for snp in the polls seems nicola is doing not too bad op lol "

She's actually been quite impressive in her lunchtime briefings. Doesn't cut the journalists much slack!

"54% for snp in the polls seems nicola is doing not too bad op lol

She's actually been quite impressive in her lunchtime briefings. Doesn't cut the journalists much slack!

"

Yea she has been great trying to be as open and honest as she possibly can be

As soon as Lock-Down is lifted the North of Scotland is going to be swamped with Tourists

People coming up from South of the Border bringing COVID-19 with them and passing on to many.

Scotland will be the next to suffer badly

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

Nicola Sturgeon is a far better leader that that blabbering baffoon Johnson.

Clear and concise,no shaking hands with coronaviris patients, no herd immunity and she doesn't hide in the fridge to avoid questions.

Unlike Johnson she didn't shit herself to be inter_iewed by Andrew Neill.

liverpool

"Nicola Sturgeon is a far better leader that that blabbering baffoon Johnson.

Clear and concise,no shaking hands with coronaviris patients, no herd immunity and she doesn't hide in the fridge to avoid questions.

Unlike Johnson she didn't shit herself to be inter_iewed by Andrew Neill."

I really like her..she was great in those debates.

Paisley

I really like her..she was great in those debates."

That's why at local and national elections Scotland continually vote in landslide proportions for her party.

liverpool

That's why at local and national elections Scotland continually vote in landslide proportions for her party."

I remember she shredded some Brexit bellend.

Paisley

That's why at local and national elections Scotland continually vote in landslide proportions for her party.

I remember she shredded some Brexit bellend."

Lol

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Clearly, you didn't see her reaction to SNP election victories on any number of occasions

So what?

Ayr

It's been 11 weeks ...

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Once the Salmond books comes out many people in and around the SNP believe her position will be untenable

There’s already been civil war brewing within the party for quite some time

On a side note, after watching the investigative journalist Mark Daly last night on Scotland Lockdown, any person of sane mind could vote the charlatans into office ever again. Placing DNRs on care residents files without consulting family is despicable and they quite frankly have blood on their hands. The less said about the Nike conference cases in Edinburgh in February yet they still encouraged people to attend concerts, sporting events and other mass gatherings well into March

There’s more questions than answers when it comes to Sturgeon and her directs but there’s far too much of an anti English persona in Scotland’s DNA which ultimately gives them a free pass

"Once the Salmond books comes out many people in and around the SNP believe her position will be untenable

On a side note, after watching the investigative journalist Mark Daly last night on Scotland Lockdown, any person of sane mind could vote the charlatans into office ever again. Placing DNRs on care residents files without consulting family is despicable and they quite frankly have blood on their hands. The less said about the Nike conference cases in Edinburgh in February yet they still encouraged people to attend concerts, sporting events and other mass gatherings well into March

There’s more questions than answers when it comes to Sturgeon and her directs but there’s far too much of an anti English persona in Scotland’s DNA which ultimately gives them a free pass"

It's a shame we dont have someone of Nicola's caliber leading the uk, how did we end up with a buffoon.

"Once the Salmond books comes out many people in and around the SNP believe her position will be untenable

There’s more questions than answers when it comes to Sturgeon and her directs but there’s far too much of an anti English persona in Scotland’s DNA which ultimately gives them a free pass"

In February, would it not have needed statutory backup, ie, from Westminster, to either stop the conference or advise shut down of concerts, etc? Otherwise I imagine the Scottish Parliament would be open to possible litigation.

The Scottish Parliament made decisions thereafter based on the best modelling available. Everybody has 20:20 hindsight but nobody has 20:20 foresight.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Just dipping in and not read the whole thread but I would think her stock is on the rise.

She’s done well imo.

she gives very clear daily updates on radio Scotland, very good updates

zero new cases of corona in Tayside last 2-days

Scotland has been compensated to take the time off work and stay at home by Westminster. Scotland are two weeks behind England in getting covid. Scotland also hasn't got the dense population that England has. The people have stayed at home because Boris has paid them to. Westminster built hospitals found PPE and made sure we had enough. Yes the priority at first was England as it was hit first and hardest. Westminster rightly priorotised the greater need. The Westminster government recorded data to better understand covid, reported this to us daily and made decisions based on this data. SNP didn't want England to be in control of our data so wasted time and money doing the job twice. Meanwhile ignoring the needs of the care homes and elderly. The ones we were told from the start was certain death. Yet SNP would rather, lord it over Scotland saying we can do it all ourselves and don't need England. She should of been putting our people before her own parties political gain. Same goes for schools, counsels, hospitals our roads!

Falkirk

"she gives very clear daily updates on radio Scotland, very good updates

zero new cases of corona in Tayside last 2-days"

Night out in the Ferry then

"Scotland has been compensated to take the time off work and stay at home by Westminster. Scotland are two weeks behind England in getting covid. Scotland also hasn't got the dense population that England has. The people have stayed at home because Boris has paid them to. Westminster built hospitals found PPE and made sure we had enough. Yes the priority at first was England as it was hit first and hardest. Westminster rightly priorotised the greater need. The Westminster government recorded data to better understand covid, reported this to us daily and made decisions based on this data. SNP didn't want England to be in control of our data so wasted time and money doing the job twice. Meanwhile ignoring the needs of the care homes and elderly. The ones we were told from the start was certain death. Yet SNP would rather, lord it over Scotland saying we can do it all ourselves and don't need England. She should of been putting our people before her own parties political gain. Same goes for schools, counsels, hospitals our roads! "

Like Westminster put its people before Scottish ones when they would not allow ANY PPE to go to Scotland when there was a desperate need? Fortunately the uproar stopped that and they were shared. Eventually. English were deemed more worthy than those of any of the other nations.....

Should nursing homes, which are mainly privately owned and run, not be sourcing and funding their own PPE? They are not part of the NHS. Any deficit can only be their fault.

As far as Scotland having its own country decisions, as do Wales and N Ireland, that is devolved. All parties agreed on this and it has been clear, concise and honest and hugely empathetic. The people stayed at home because they were ordered to. As far as being paid for that- if you are ordered not to work, it is fair you are still able to feed yourself. To suggest malingering is downright despicable.

North West

"

Should nursing homes, which are mainly privately owned and run, not be sourcing and funding their own PPE? They are not part of the NHS. Any deficit can only be their fault

"

Two points;

1) in a pandemic, it remains the Govt responsibility to supply appropriate PPE.

2) we now seem to casually accept that the once horrific thought that our elders would not be cared for by the State - is now a reality. And we don’t care.

And exactly how does a government supply that PPE when all of it was being retained for England?

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Always good to see threads posted 12 weeks ago fall flat when NS ratings are through the roof now.

Grantham

"And exactly how does a government supply that PPE when all of it was being retained for England?"

You need to provide credible evidence for such a claim.

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

In your dreams -

edinburgh

"Thank God...the most annoying woman on tv / politics...."

You are safe in engaland then

edinburgh

"Well she can always return to her day job in the krankies"

Original - not

edinburgh

You may have over looked a small but significant factor - Scottish Parliament and devolved power.

“engaland” doesn’t rule Scotland in the way you think.

Democracy exists and Scotland will have its own decisions respected

edinburgh

"Well she can always return to her day job in the krankies

Do your friends in nursery school ever tell you your patters shite lol

She’s out. Gone. History. Even the SNP hate her. So she took over from someone accused of certain offences “ahem” and her favoured replacement has resigned for similar offences with a minor ..... jeez"

I thinks it’s much better in Scotland at least we don’t have murderers and sectarian outdated monkeys in charge of the devolved government.

You lot need to stop putting your hand out asking for money and stand on your own two feet.

Or just get on with killing each other as the rest of us have moved on from your little dramas

edinburgh

She's got Labour out of Scotland. Making it even harder for them to win a GE. "

Labour were punished by the Scottish voters for allying themselves with the Tories during the Scottish referendum.

Pretty simple.

And since that time Labour have not understood that failing to listen to Scottish voters means they can’t win enough seats in engaland to make a majority- very simple.

"And exactly how does a government supply that PPE when all of it was being retained for England?

You need to provide credible evidence for such a claim. "

Where were you when the pictures emerged of large piles of PPE with ‘ England only’ on them? And the information on news channels? Perhaps it wasn’t covered in English news?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"And exactly how does a government supply that PPE when all of it was being retained for England?

Where were you when the pictures emerged of large piles of PPE with ‘ England only’ on them? And the information on news channels? Perhaps it wasn’t covered in English news?"

It was something sturgeon tried to say but had to backtrack on..

Source for these 'Picture's' please?

Where were you when the pictures emerged of large piles of PPE with ‘ England only’ on them? And the information on news channels? Perhaps it wasn’t covered in English news?"

Wow, no wonder the Scots want to be independent

Grantham

Another sucked in by Nationalist propaganda.

That PPE belonged to PHE. It was out of date and needed recertifying. Legally, it could only ever been used in England.

Once the true story became clear. even the SNP were quick to avoid the spurious claims.

Noooo. I’m afraid you’ve been sucked in to misinformation from certain newspapers. However, although it was marked ‘England only’, it was reversed quickly due to the condemnation- I saw this firsthand. Had there not been an uproar, it would not have been distributed north.

Grantham

"Noooo. I’m afraid you’ve been sucked in to misinformation from certain newspapers. However, although it was marked ‘England only’, it was reversed quickly due to the condemnation- I saw this firsthand. Had there not been an uproar, it would not have been distributed north. "

If you say so

Has she gone yet op

"Has she gone yet op "

Looks like the op has dissapeared must be regretting his foolishness

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"Has she gone yet op

Looks like the op has dissapeared must be regretting his foolishness "

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

This post has aged as well as his corona virus is no worse than the sniffles one.

Ayr

"Has she gone yet op

Looks like the op has dissapeared must be regretting his foolishness

"

I'd guess he's utterly unaware of his foolishness - and all his other flaws - which is why he never regrets them.

» Add a new message to this topic