FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sums it up...

Sums it up...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oi_Lucy OP   Couple  over a year ago

Barbados

A user (Carter_AndrewJ) on Twitter...

"If you have to train people to replace unskilled workers, they weren’t unskilled workers."

Probably the most concise statement pointing out the latest logical fallacy of this government and Brexit in general.

-Matt

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Yes very odd

Barbados

"Yes very odd"

Glad to see die-hard brexiteers like yourself start to see what a mess this is. Finally.

-Matt

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Yes very odd

Glad to see die-hard brexiteers like yourself start to see what a mess this is. Finally.

-Matt"

No do not be silly roll on Brexit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes very odd

-MattNo do not be silly roll on Brexit"

You obviously didn’t understand the OP then

It would depend how long the training takes . The removal of reliance on cheap imported Labour will ensure that processes are reviewed and a major focus is made on automation. Companies such as Blue Prism will be a driving force behind this.

In other sections such as care should we be unable to recruit sufficient home Labour we can amend the current system as proposed by Priti Patel

"It would depend how long the training takes . The removal of reliance on cheap imported Labour will ensure that processes are reviewed and a major focus is made on automation. Companies such as Blue Prism will be a driving force behind this.

In other sections such as care should we be unable to recruit sufficient home Labour we can amend the current system as proposed by Priti Patel "

How? Also can you explain if this cheap labour is removed will this in turn raise the costs of care etc?

Barbados

"Yes very odd

-MattNo do not be silly roll on Brexit"

Oh.

OK then. I guess I was expecting too much of you there to follow the logic.

-Matt

Barbados

"It would depend how long the training takes . The removal of reliance on cheap imported Labour will ensure that processes are reviewed and a major focus is made on automation. Companies such as Blue Prism will be a driving force behind this.

In other sections such as care should we be unable to recruit sufficient home Labour we can amend the current system as proposed by Priti Patel "

Automation? Well yes, that can aid some things, but certainly not others. Especially not in areas like care and hospitality.

Are you admitting that the "They are taking our jobs" line from brexiteers is rubbish then if you are replacing those jobs (the ones you can) with automation instead?

-Matt

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I noticed average wages increased to above the levels of the global financial crisis 2008. I'm assuming that those pushing for increases of more expensive immigrant staff are supporting continued wage growth now.

Will it be fair for existing staff paid less to be joined by new immigrants earning more, for the same work? Or pay rises all round? It would be wrong to pay people from some countries at a different rate than that earned by others, surely. The conservatives are desperate to retain employment rights etc.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"A user (Carter_AndrewJ) on Twitter...

"If you have to train people to replace unskilled workers, they weren’t unskilled workers."

Probably the most concise statement pointing out the latest logical fallacy of this government and Brexit in general.

-Matt"

Are there any jobs that require no training?

I wonder if with such new immigration rules could parents of Priti Patel emigrate to the UK?

Thanks to these new rules, illegal immigration from the Middle East and Africa will increase. I don't think young British want to pick fruit and vegetables on farms (this is just an example). Farmers wanting to save money will employ illegal immigrants.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

In other sections such as care should we be unable to recruit sufficient home Labour we can amend the current system as proposed by Priti Patel

I wonder if with such new immigration rules could parents of Priti Patel emigrate to the UK?

Thanks to these new rules, illegal immigration from the Middle East and Africa will increase. I don't think young British want to pick fruit and vegetables on farms (this is just an example). Farmers wanting to save money will employ illegal immigrants. "

They won't. The fines for employing illegals are large.

Fruit picking will have a seasonal exemption on it.

Thanks to these new rules, illegal immigration from the Middle East and Africa will increase. I don't think young British want to pick fruit and vegetables on farms (this is just an example). Farmers wanting to save money will employ illegal immigrants.

Fruit picking will have a seasonal exemption on it. "

I know a few people who worked on vegetable harvest and employed illegal immigrants reached 90%.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I know a few people who worked on vegetable harvest and employed illegal immigrants reached 90%.

"

Well as good British citizen i hope you reported them to the authorities.

Well as good British citizen i hope you reported them to the authorities."

Why would I do that? I have never worked on a farm and I never intend to work on a farm. That's not my problem.

Farmers are warned if immigration officers are expected to check who is employed on the farms. Illegal employees stay at home on this day. Only those who are legally employed work.

near ipswich

Why would I do that? I have never worked on a farm and I never intend to work on a farm. That's not my problem.

Farmers are warned if immigration officers are expected to check who is employed on the farms. Illegal employees stay at home on this day. Only those who are legally employed work."

Because as a good British citizen its your duty.

Farmers are warned if immigration officers are expected to check who is employed on the farms. Illegal employees stay at home on this day. Only those who are legally employed work.Because as a good British citizen its your duty. "

You're right. Why don't you report to the police that there are drug gangs in London?

near ipswich

Farmers are warned if immigration officers are expected to check who is employed on the farms. Illegal employees stay at home on this day. Only those who are legally employed work.Because as a good British citizen its your duty.

You're right. Why don't you report to the police that there are drug gangs in London?"

Because i do not know any personally otherwise i would.You said you know a few people who employed illegal immigrants its your duty to report them.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

Please explain how you can automate the provision of social care?

Why should someone want to live and work in a country that has specifically legislated to make it difficult for them to get a job?

near ipswich

Please explain how you can automate the provision of social care?

Why should someone want to live and work in a country that has specifically legislated to make it difficult for them to get a job?"

Lots of people want to work in the USA and Australia and they dont make it easy.

Thanks to these new rules, illegal immigration from the Middle East and Africa will increase. I don't think young British want to pick fruit and vegetables on farms (this is just an example). Farmers wanting to save money will employ illegal immigrants. "

Equipment is already being tested which can harvest soft fruit. The only issue is the cost. As already mentioned no sense farmer is going to risk employing illegal Labour. What happens if HMRC do a payroll inspection or check the farm accounts and ask for supporting evidence of all the transactions?

Farmers are warned if immigration officers are expected to check who is employed on the farms. Illegal employees stay at home on this day. Only those who are legally employed work.Because as a good British citizen its your duty.

You're right. Why don't you report to the police that there are drug gangs in London?Because i do not know any personally otherwise i would.You said you know a few people who employed illegal immigrants its your duty to report them. "

My bad. I meant that I know a few people who worked for farmers harvesting vegetables and illegal immigrants were employed on these farms. My mistake.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Farmers are warned if immigration officers are expected to check who is employed on the farms. Illegal employees stay at home on this day. Only those who are legally employed work."

Those days have gone. Lincolnshire have unannounced visits, raiding fields at random.

Penalties are upto £20k for each illegal, and upto 5 years in jail for persistent offenders.

Farmers are warned if immigration officers are expected to check who is employed on the farms. Illegal employees stay at home on this day. Only those who are legally employed work.

Those days have gone. Lincolnshire have unannounced visits, raiding fields at random.

Penalties are upto £20k for each illegal, and upto 5 years in jail for persistent offenders. "

OK, if those days are gone then who will pick the goods on the farms?

I don't believe in automation because it's too expensive. It is possible but too expensive. Do you believe that young British will start working on farms?

near ipswich

Penalties are upto £20k for each illegal, and upto 5 years in jail for persistent offenders.

I don't believe in automation because it's too expensive. It is possible but too expensive. Do you believe that young British will start working on farms?

"

It seems they havnt gone if your friends are employing illegal immigrants.

It seems they havnt gone if your friends are employing illegal immigrants."

I didn't write that these are my friends. Don't add something that wasn't there. I wrote in the post above what I meant. Read and you will know what I meant.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Don’t worry about the menial jobs - this Government has got that covered with their Schrodingers employment policy.

Record employment and record low unemployment on the one hand whilst the 8 million economically inactive will do the menial work.

near ipswich

[Removed by poster at 22/02/20 09:10:03]

near ipswich

I didn't write that these are my friends. Don't add something that wasn't there. I wrote in the post above what I meant. Read and you will know what I meant."

Sorry my mistake people you know,i presumed they were friends otherwise why would you not report them ?

I didn't write that these are my friends. Don't add something that wasn't there. I wrote in the post above what I meant. Read and you will know what I meant.Sorry my mistake people you know,i presumed they were friends otherwise why would you not report them ? "

Further conversation with you is a waste of time

Barbados

"A user (Carter_AndrewJ) on Twitter...

-Matt

Are there any jobs that require no training?"

Well done.

-Matt

Barbados

"Don’t worry about the menial jobs - this Government has got that covered with their Schrodingers employment policy.

Record employment and record low unemployment on the one hand whilst the 8 million economically inactive will do the menial work."

...whilst our Schrodinger's immigrants are simultaneously welching off all our benefits and stealing all our jobs.

-Matt

» Add a new message to this topic