By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What a joke

Not even being made by a British company

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"What a joke

Not even being made by a British company "

Made by a Polish company, being investigated for its working practices.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Much Pissing on the Strawbs

"What a joke

Made by a Polish company, being investigated for its working practices. "

A company in France makes them.

You can still use the purple one until it expires.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Welcome to post brexit Britain.

The place where people celebrate changing the colour of the passport (which we could have done anytime we wanted).

Meanwhile ignoring the fact that it's now a less valuable passport (IE longer queues and no right to work and travel as freely in the EU).

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

so do you think just because we have left the eu we should stop doing business with them? love the way remainers cling to the myth that the uk wants to isolate its self from the rest of Europe.

"so do you think just because we have left the eu we should stop doing business with them? love the way remainers cling to the myth that the uk wants to isolate its self from the rest of Europe. "

We will of course (hopefully) continue trading with the EU. Under their rules and standards, with no say on the creation of those rules and standards.

near ipswich

"so do you think just because we have left the eu we should stop doing business with them? love the way remainers cling to the myth that the uk wants to isolate its self from the rest of Europe.

We will of course (hopefully) continue trading with the EU. Under their rules and standards, with no say on the creation of those rules and standards."

I think the uk has made it quiet clear that will not be happening.

"so do you think just because we have left the eu we should stop doing business with them? love the way remainers cling to the myth that the uk wants to isolate its self from the rest of Europe. "

Think you're confused. We're talking about our UK passports and how we can no longer use them to travel and work freely in EU countries.

The people who orchestrated Brexit are either not British, got themselves and their families EU passports, or are so rich they don't give a fuck.

"so do you think just because we have left the eu we should stop doing business with them? love the way remainers cling to the myth that the uk wants to isolate its self from the rest of Europe.

We will of course (hopefully) continue trading with the EU. Under their rules and standards, with no say on the creation of those rules and standards.I think the uk has made it quiet clear that will not be happening. "

And why is that a good thing?

(Incidentally I reckon you’re wrong. Even the most imbecilic brexiter knows that we can’t afford to lose our largest trade partner)

We will of course (hopefully) continue trading with the EU. Under their rules and standards, with no say on the creation of those rules and standards.I think the uk has made it quiet clear that will not be happening. "

Classic.

Post 1. We will not be isolating ourselves from Europe.

Post 2. We will be isolating ourselves from the EU.

near ipswich

Not confused at all it seems to me its only remainers who seem to think the colour of a passport and where it is made matters to leavers.

"Not confused at all it seems to me its only remainers who seem to think the colour of a passport and where it is made matters to leavers. "

I’m not fussed about the colour. Not where it’s made.

I am bothered by the loss of rights that it entails though. I think it’s weird that people would willingly sacrifice their rights so easily.

near ipswich

We will of course (hopefully) continue trading with the EU. Under their rules and standards, with no say on the creation of those rules and standards.I think the uk has made it quiet clear that will not be happening.

Classic.

"

wrong again post 2 we will not be taking eu rules, this although you would like to believe it does not mean we will not be trading with the eu.

"Not confused at all it seems to me its only remainers who seem to think the colour of a passport and where it is made matters to leavers.

I’m not fussed about the colour. Not where it’s made.

I am bothered by the loss of rights that it entails though. I think it’s weird that people would willingly sacrifice their rights so easily."

What this guy said.

Plus you should look at all the leaver politicians and leaver newspapers banging on about it.

We just use it as a stick to beat leavers with.

We will of course (hopefully) continue trading with the EU. Under their rules and standards, with no say on the creation of those rules and standards.I think the uk has made it quiet clear that will not be happening.

Classic.

wrong again post 2 we will not be taking eu rules, this although you would like to believe it does not mean we will not be trading with the eu."

I think that last straw you were clutching at has just slipped through your fingers.

Classic.

wrong again post 2 we will not be taking eu rules, this although you would like to believe it does not mean we will not be trading with the eu."

If we want to trade with the EU we will have to comply with their trade regulations. That’s not even up for discussion. I’m gobsmacked that you would even think otherwise.

How do you think trading standards are maintained in a bloc?

near ipswich

Classic.

wrong again post 2 we will not be taking eu rules, this although you would like to believe it does not mean we will not be trading with the eu.

If we want to trade with the EU we will have to comply with their trade regulations. That’s not even up for discussion. I’m gobsmacked that you would even think otherwise.

"

Trading standards are different from taking rules from the eu on subsidies, working regulations the ecj, etc i thought you would have know that.

Classic.

Trading standards are different from taking rules from the eu on subsidies, working regulations the ecj, etc i thought you would have know that."

I never mentioned working regulations, subsidies, ECJ or anything of the sort. I said we would have to comply with their rules and regulations without a say in them if we wanted to trade with them. I was correct.

near ipswich

Classic.

Trading standards are different from taking rules from the eu on subsidies, working regulations the ecj, etc i thought you would have know that.

I never mentioned working regulations, subsidies, ECJ or anything of the sort. I said we would have to comply with their rules and regulations without a say in them if we wanted to trade with them. I was correct. "

Well you certainly are not paying attention because they are the rules the eu are insisting we follow.

Classic.

I never mentioned working regulations, subsidies, ECJ or anything of the sort. I said we would have to comply with their rules and regulations without a say in them if we wanted to trade with them. I was correct. Well you certainly are not paying attention because they are the rules the eu are insisting we follow."

It’s as if we’re negotiating from a much weaker position or something, eh?

Was brexit worth the devide for it? lol.

[Removed by poster at 22/02/20 13:17:18]

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

This isn’t a thread about blue passports it’s just another moan from remainers about brexit it’s pushing 4yrs now lmao

(Incidentally I reckon you’re wrong. Even the most imbecilic brexiter knows that we can’t afford to lose our largest trade partner)"

You may be surprised how big imbecility is here

"This isn’t a thread about blue passports it’s just another moan from remainers about brexit it’s pushing 4yrs now lmao "

If it annoys you so much, why do you read these posts?

"This isn’t a thread about blue passports it’s just another moan from remainers about brexit it’s pushing 4yrs now lmao "

There are two types of people when it comes to Brexit. Those that understand what's going on and speak out against it.

And those that don't.

thornaby

"This isn’t a thread about blue passports it’s just another moan from remainers about brexit it’s pushing 4yrs now lmao

If it annoys you so much, why do you read these posts? "

we’re did I say it annoys me it’s funny hence lmao at the end sweety

thornaby

"This isn’t a thread about blue passports it’s just another moan from remainers about brexit it’s pushing 4yrs now lmao

There are two types of people when it comes to Brexit. Those that understand what's going on and speak out against it.

And those that don't. "

say what you em really mean you mean remainers understand and the thick leavers don’t don’t hold back get it of ya chest lol

And those that don't. say what you em really mean you mean remainers understand and the thick leavers don’t don’t hold back get it of ya chest lol"

Thanks for trying. But that's not my opinion.

You don't have to be thick to be misinformed and easily convinced of something.

If it annoys you so much, why do you read these posts? we’re did I say it annoys me it’s funny

hence lmao at the end sweety "

You are correct, it is hilarious that we voted to leave 4 years ago and you still haven’t got a clue what is going on

By *an For YouMan  over a year ago

belfast/holywood

(Incidentally I reckon you’re wrong. Even the most imbecilic brexiter knows that we can’t afford to lose our largest trade partner)"

We won’t be losing our largest trading partner. Will we?. Who said anything about not trading with the EU?????. Honestly , the level of ignorance about what Brexit means is staggering

(Incidentally I reckon you’re wrong. Even the most imbecilic brexiter knows that we can’t afford to lose our largest trade partner)

We won’t be losing our largest trading partner. Will we?. Who said anything about not trading with the EU?????. Honestly , the level of ignorance about what Brexit means is staggering"

Of course we will still trade with the EU but it will be on less favourable terms than we had before, you do realise that is going to happen ?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Classic.

I never mentioned working regulations, subsidies, ECJ or anything of the sort. I said we would have to comply with their rules and regulations without a say in them if we wanted to trade with them. I was correct. Well you certainly are not paying attention because they are the rules the eu are insisting we follow."

You do realise surely that to trade with the EU our goods and services will have to comply with their standards

Just as meat from the USA does not and thus , erm they dont buy it

You seem most confused

So yes to trade with the EU the UK will have to adhere to standards the UK will no longer have any influence over

Erm

Backwards steps

belfast/holywood

The EU has free trade deals with 36 non- EU countries. Thirty six. Free trade deals . Oh wait - remoaners state you can only have free trade within the EU ?. So we are now a non-EU country. You can see where this is going ; I know you can ; lol

ashby de la zouch

"The EU has free trade deals with 36 non- EU countries. Thirty six. Free trade deals . Oh wait - remoaners state you can only have free trade within the EU ?. So we are now a non-EU country. You can see where this is going ; I know you can ; lol"

Yes and they all conform to EU regulations on the goods the EU receives

See where this is going

And that's 36 yes 36 trade agreements the UK will have to renegotiate

See how long that takes

See where this is going ?

Oh and part of the EU free trade agreement is the EU takes a priority over smaller individual trade deals like for example a new one with the UK

See where this is going

We won’t be losing our largest trading partner. Will we?. Who said anything about not trading with the EU?????. Honestly , the level of ignorance about what Brexit means is staggering"

We will indeed trade with the EU. And it will be on their terms. By their rules, if you like.

If we don’t want to abide by their rules, we won’t trade with them.

That’s what Brexit means. We’re rule takers to the EU.

belfast/holywood

We won’t be losing our largest trading partner. Will we?. Who said anything about not trading with the EU?????. Honestly , the level of ignorance about what Brexit means is staggering

We will indeed trade with the EU. And it will be on their terms. By their rules, if you like.

"

You are saying if we dont abide by their rules , the UK will not have any trade with the EU????, . Ya see, this level of knowledge is what I’m talking about

You are saying if we dont abide by their rules , the UK will not have any trade with the EU????, . Ya see, this level of knowledge is what I’m talking about "

Yes. If we don’t abide by their trade rules, we won’t (or can’t, of you prefer) trade with them.

You are saying if we dont abide by their rules , the UK will not have any trade with the EU????, . Ya see, this level of knowledge is what I’m talking about "

Yes, that is correct, I think you have finally worked it out

belfast/holywood

Zero trade?.... ha ha ... comedy gold

"Zero trade?.... ha ha ... comedy gold"

Name one nation that trades with the EU without adhering to trade rules and regulations agreed by the EU.

"Zero trade?.... ha ha ... comedy gold"

Of course we will trade, by abiding with EU regulations, have you only just realised that this is going to happen

ashby de la zouch

Yes if the UK does not have equal standards they will not trade its rather simple

The EU will insist on a level playing field which means the U.K. will not be able to compete with other companies within the EU because they will still want ultimate control on who gets what contracts to supply goods.

This is not good for the U.K. as an independent and so a free deal will be almost impossible.

It’s better therefore to turn our attention to the rest of the world and forget trying to get a good deal with them.

Or we might as well have stayed a full member but then again the same would apply because the EU wants total control of all borders outside the EU.

ashby de la zouch

"Zero trade?.... ha ha ... comedy gold

Name one nation that trades with the EU without adhering to trade rules and regulations agreed by the EU. "

Exactly name just one

thornaby

Well we only have ten months to find out don’t we see if we get the free trade deal some ppl on here were saying we wouldn’t leave s few months back some were saying planes be grounded food medicine shortages troops on the streets lol there’s been some shite spouted on here by plastic experts

"The EU will insist on a level playing field which means the U.K. will not be able to compete with other companies within the EU because they will still want ultimate control on who gets what contracts to supply goods.

This is not good for the U.K. as an independent and so a free deal will be almost impossible.

It’s better therefore to turn our attention to the rest of the world and forget trying to get a good deal with them.

Or we might as well have stayed a full member but then again the same would apply because the EU wants total control of all borders outside the EU.

"

We are not going to be better off trading with the rest of the world and ignoring the EU.

Just in time manufacturing and food produce/shelf life determine that geographical location is vital in trade.

"Well we only have ten months to find out don’t we see if we get the free trade deal some ppl on here were saying we wouldn’t leave s few months back some were saying planes be grounded food medicine shortages troops on the streets lol there’s been some shite spouted on here by plastic experts "

We’ve essentially not left yet - we’re still members in all but name.

We have until June to see progress - if not we will have to secure an extension.

"Well we only have ten months to find out don’t we see if we get the free trade deal some ppl on here were saying we wouldn’t leave s few months back some were saying planes be grounded food medicine shortages troops on the streets lol there’s been some shite spouted on here by plastic experts "

You still seemed confused and unsure about what will happen ? It is very very simple, we can’t trade with the EU without adhering to their rules. You must be able to understand that

belfast/holywood

We will see

ashby de la zouch

"We will see"

You say

"You are saying if we dont abide by their rules , the UK will not have any trade with the EU????, . Ya see, this level of knowledge is what I’m talking about"

Indeed we will see

So let's be clear

We say goods and services the UK supplies the EU will have to adhere to their standards

And you suggest they will able to be below yet trade on an equal footing

Indeed we will see

"Well we only have ten months to find out don’t we see if we get the free trade deal some ppl on here were saying we wouldn’t leave s few months back some were saying planes be grounded food medicine shortages troops on the streets lol there’s been some shite spouted on here by plastic experts

We’ve essentially not left yet - we’re still members in all but name.

We have until June to see progress - if not we will have to secure an extension. "

But then asking for another extension will put the U.K. on an even weaker position and the EU a stronger one.

The only way is to be prepared to walk away from the table because it will just drag on and on and I can’t see the EU letting the U.K. do that.

The vote was done and the result was we were to leave no matter what side anyone was on we have to now live with it.

The EU will just keep on with their basic red lines on free movement and level playing field and will not move from that as they cannot without stepping down and showing weakness.

Like it or not the UK will have to look elsewhere for trade

near ipswich

"Well we only have ten months to find out don’t we see if we get the free trade deal some ppl on here were saying we wouldn’t leave s few months back some were saying planes be grounded food medicine shortages troops on the streets lol there’s been some shite spouted on here by plastic experts

You still seemed confused and unsure about what will happen ? It is very very simple, we can’t trade with the EU without adhering to their rules. You must be able to understand that "

Everyone has to adhere to trading standards if the uk,s are higher they will have to adhere to that too nobody is disputing that.The point is people are getting rules mixed up with standards,if the eu want the uk to conform with workers rights,government subsidies, be under the jurisdiction of the ecj etc which none of their other free trade partners have to then there will be no agreement.

"We will see"

There is nothing to ‘see’ . It is straight forward , I can’t believe that you think it is even up for debate

belfast/holywood

The British government thinks it’s up for debate.

belfast/holywood

You still seemed confused and unsure about what will happen ? It is very very simple, we can’t trade with the EU without adhering to their rules. You must be able to understand that Everyone has to adhere to trading standards if the uk,s are higher they will have to adhere to that too nobody is disputing that.The point is people are getting rules mixed up with standards,if the eu want the uk to conform with workers rights,government subsidies, be under the jurisdiction of the ecj etc which none of their other free trade partners have to then there will be no agreement. "

Yep, the EU want their cake and eat it. They acted like little hitlers over the last few years and continue to do so.

"The British government thinks it’s up for debate. "

It isn’t, surely you must know realise this , you don’t honestly think the EU will back down on this ?

You still seemed confused and unsure about what will happen ? It is very very simple, we can’t trade with the EU without adhering to their rules. You must be able to understand that Everyone has to adhere to trading standards if the uk,s are higher they will have to adhere to that too nobody is disputing that.The point is people are getting rules mixed up with standards,if the eu want the uk to conform with workers rights,government subsidies, be under the jurisdiction of the ecj etc which none of their other free trade partners have to then there will be no agreement.

Yep, the EU want their cake and eat it. They acted like little hitlers over the last few years and continue to do so. "

They are protecting their own interests, like every body would in their position. Leave voters were warned this would happen, maybe they didn’t listen

belfast/holywood

In July 2019, ( upon Boris coming to power), all Eu senior negotiations and senior personnel and many heads of state all stated unequivocally that the withdrawal agreement would not be re- opened or re negotiated .

And then;

In a matter of days they did the exact opposite once the political situation in the UK changed. Johnny Foreigner doesnt like it up ‘em. Never had, never will. Unelected bureaucrats.

"In July 2019, ( upon Boris coming to power), all Eu senior negotiations and senior personnel and many heads of state all stated unequivocally that the withdrawal agreement would not be re- opened or re negotiated .

And then;

In a matter of days they did the exact opposite once the political situation in the UK changed. Johnny Foreigner doesnt like it up ‘em. Never had, never will. Unelected bureaucrats. "

They can do whatever they want , are they behaving any differently than you were expecting? You can’t be that naive .

"In July 2019, ( upon Boris coming to power), all Eu senior negotiations and senior personnel and many heads of state all stated unequivocally that the withdrawal agreement would not be re- opened or re negotiated .

And then;

In a matter of days they did the exact opposite once the political situation in the UK changed. Johnny Foreigner doesnt like it up ‘em. Never had, never will. Unelected bureaucrats. "

Only because Johnson’s WA was and is demonstrably weaker than May’s.

belfast/holywood

And then;

In a matter of days they did the exact opposite once the political situation in the UK changed. Johnny Foreigner doesnt like it up ‘em. Never had, never will. Unelected bureaucrats.

"

Really?. ERG seemed to like it

And then;

Really?. ERG seemed to like it "

Who cares what the ERG think? How many members do they have now?

ashby de la zouch

And then;

Erm

So correct me if I'm wrong

The only moment on position was

The UK will have to have a land border with southern Ireland despite the risk of harm to its inhabitants unless total regulatory alignment is met

Yeah ok they utterly caved in

You still seemed confused and unsure about what will happen ? It is very very simple, we can’t trade with the EU without adhering to their rules. You must be able to understand that "

Indeed, UK companies will not be able to trade their goods within the European Union unless the goods adhere to European standards.

Anyone with an ounce of sense will know that.

You still seemed confused and unsure about what will happen ? It is very very simple, we can’t trade with the EU without adhering to their rules. You must be able to understand that

Everyone has to adhere to trading standards if the uk,s are higher they will have to adhere to that too nobody is disputing that.The point is people are getting rules mixed up with standards,if the eu want the uk to conform with workers rights,government subsidies, be under the jurisdiction of the ecj etc which none of their other free trade partners have to then there will be no agreement. "

That I fully agree.

Adhering to standards is one thing, conforming to their state aid rules etc then the EU can take a long walk of a fucking short cliff as far as I'm concerned

And then;

Really?. ERG seemed to like it "

I’m surprised as an Ulsterman that you’d defend it. It sold out the DUP and removed the protection of the backstop.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Everyone has to adhere to trading standards if the uk,s are higher they will have to adhere to that too nobody is disputing that.The point is people are getting rules mixed up with standards,if the eu want the uk to conform with workers rights,government subsidies, be under the jurisdiction of the ecj etc which none of their other free trade partners have to then there will be no agreement.

That I fully agree.

Adhering to standards is one thing, conforming to their state aid rules etc then the EU can take a long walk of a fucking short cliff as far as I'm concerned "

Exactly it's a shame that some folk dont know the difference

By *rench letterCouple  over a year ago

Chorley,

It's a bit hypocritical from this Brexit government. Just like farage as a place near Montpellier in France don't you think.

That I fully agree.

Adhering to standards is one thing, conforming to their state aid rules etc then the EU can take a long walk of a fucking short cliff as far as I'm concerned

Exactly it's a shame that some folk dont know the difference"

I know the difference, I think some of the Brexit supporting people on here obviously don’t

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

And then;

Reopening it to give the UK a worse deal...

Grantham

"What a joke

Made by a Polish company, being investigated for its working practices.

A company in France makes them.

You can still use the purple one until it expires."

Not so. They are made at the Gemalto factory at Tczew in Poland.

Maybe that's how Thales was able to undercut DeLa Rue in the bid.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

We will of course (hopefully) continue trading with the EU. Under their rules and standards, with no say on the creation of those rules and standards."

So you mean, we didn't take back the power from the EU then???

As we stoll have to abide by their rules

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

What annoys me I only renewed mine in December because I had to,I know it will still be valied but no doubt will have to pay to get it changed.It is also bad it is not made here

bournemouth

That I fully agree.

Exactly it's a shame that some folk dont know the difference

I know the difference, I think some of the Brexit supporting people on here obviously don’t "

If you read responses its remainers who are the ones banging on about us not having control on EU standards not those who voted leave, MOST know the difference between the necessity to meet import standards and the EU attempting to control HOW companies operate

"What annoys me I only renewed mine in December because I had to,I know it will still be valied but no doubt will have to pay to get it changed.It is also bad it is not made here"

No because it be already been said that you can keep your passport until it runs out and is perfectly legal

If it annoys you so much, why do you read these posts? we’re did I say it annoys me it’s funny

hence lmao at the end sweety

You are correct, it is hilarious that we voted to leave 4 years ago and you still haven’t got a clue what is going on "

Exactly

belfast/holywood

And then;

I’m surprised as an Ulsterman that you’d defend it. It sold out the DUP and removed the protection of the backstop.

"

Who said I was an Ulsterman?

ashby de la zouch

And then;

Who said I was an Ulsterman?"

Regardless are you happy that it is almost certain a customs border will exist on the mainland unless the UK has total alignment including free movement

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

What is the value in having a passport of any given colour?

Blue in particular if you like. What's the benefit of a passport being coloured blue?

"What a joke

but who cares what colour it is as long as it's valid does it really matter

Grantham

"What is the value in having a passport of any given colour?

Blue in particular if you like. What's the benefit of a passport being coloured blue?"

The dye is cheaper and they are easier to keep clean.

West London

Blue in particular if you like. What's the benefit of a passport being coloured blue?

"

Seriously?

"Welcome to post brexit Britain.

The place where people celebrate changing the colour of the passport (which we could have done anytime we wanted).

Meanwhile ignoring the fact that it's now a less valuable passport (IE longer queues and no right to work and travel as freely in the EU)."

I still got a eu passport as sweden is in the eu, traveling freely have its plus sides there

I like this saying "Dont take your freedom for granted".

ashby de la zouch

"

Think I would gamble that

Statistically there will be more blue passports lost than Red ones

Grantham

Seriously? "

Feel free to read expert Martin Lloyd's book on passports.

Website Passport Index also offers an insight.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"What annoys me I only renewed mine in December because I had to,I know it will still be valied but no doubt will have to pay to get it changed.It is also bad it is not made here

No because it be already been said that you can keep your passport until it runs out and is perfectly legal"

Thanks

Just received my renewed passport and its red - brilliant - I will probably have a rarer one than all you lot who get the new boris blue one!

thornaby

"Just received my renewed passport and its red - brilliant - I will probably have a rarer one than all you lot who get the new boris blue one! "
awwww blesss ya lok

West London

Seriously?

Website Passport Index also offers an insight. "

I don't really want to. May prove interesting one day

In 2003, how much was the difference in price between red and blue passport ink?

Are there any other benefits in a specific passport colour?

Amusingly on the subject of sovereignty our passports have to be in a particular format because the USA demands that it is...

ashby de la zouch

Seriously?

Website Passport Index also offers an insight.

I don't really want to. May prove interesting one day

In 2003, how much was the difference in price between red and blue passport ink?

Are there any other benefits in a specific passport colour?

Amusingly on the subject of sovereignty our passports have to be in a particular format because the USA demands that it is...

"

Red is easier to find when misplaced

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Blue in particular if you like. What's the benefit of a passport being coloured blue?"

Blue with gold (yellow) leaf is reminiscent of EU colours??

Eastbourne

I heard boris has torn up the EU trade deal......

Eastbourne

You still seemed confused and unsure about what will happen ? It is very very simple, we can’t trade with the EU without adhering to their rules. You must be able to understand that Everyone has to adhere to trading standards if the uk,s are higher they will have to adhere to that too nobody is disputing that.The point is people are getting rules mixed up with standards,if the eu want the uk to conform with workers rights,government subsidies, be under the jurisdiction of the ecj etc which none of their other free trade partners have to then there will be no agreement.

Yep, the EU want their cake and eat it. They acted like little hitlers over the last few years and continue to do so.

They are protecting their own interests, like every body would in their position. Leave voters were warned this would happen, maybe they didn’t listen "

If it wasn't on the side of a big bus, it doesn't matter.....

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"What a joke

The contract to print the blue passports was made following the government being forced to follow EU rules. The contract had to be open to all licenced EU passport printers.

A major British printer lost out on cost.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Meanwhile ignoring the fact that it's now a less valuable passport (IE longer queues and no right to work and travel as freely in the EU)."

That doesn't make it less "valuable". . You can still enter the same amount of countries ya tit.

tough shit for you folks that go to EU

I travel west, always enjoy the good ol U. S. of A

never has been an issue with visa or travel to America

"What a joke

The contract to print the blue passports was made following the government being forced to follow EU rules. The contract had to be open to all licenced EU passport printers.

A major British printer lost out on cost. "

And yet the UK government could have selected a UK firm to make the new passports. If they wanted to support UK businesses. They chose not to.

Meanwhile ignoring the fact that it's now a less valuable passport (IE longer queues and no right to work and travel as freely in the EU).

That doesn't make it less "valuable". . You can still enter the same amount of countries ya tit.

"

See above.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"

Enter them under different terms though. By January you will only be able to enter the EU for 90 days at a time

bournemouth

Enter them under different terms though. By January you will only be able to enter the EU for 90 days at a time"

Without a Visa and so what in any case ? How many people can afford to go for that long lots of places require a Visa or waiver nor noticed it stopping people going.

West London

"

What makes it less valuable is that the citizenship that this passport represents no longer gives you the right to live and work in 27 countries with minimal impediment as long as you are working.

You do not see this? You only see your citizenship and passport as a travel document?

Who cares what colour it is then? Do you care what colour your airline ticket is?

By *coptoCouple  over a year ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"... you will only be able to enter the EU for 90 days at a time"

And that's during a six-month period. Totting-up procedure, hassle going from a "Schengen" EU country to another, ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) to be introduced for Brits...

And my new passport won't even be blue!

Enter them under different terms though. By January you will only be able to enter the EU for 90 days at a time

Without a Visa and so what in any case ? How many people can afford to go for that long lots of places require a Visa or waiver nor noticed it stopping people going. "

Well none anymore.but young people used to be able to travel and work in Europe freely.

Just because you have no interest in that, doesn't mean it has no value.

The premise remains the same. The new blue passport just represents less rights we have being out of the EU.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"What a joke

To be fair, there are specialist printing services in britain who make passports for other countries - should they be barred from doing so?

bournemouth

Without a Visa and so what in any case ? How many people can afford to go for that long lots of places require a Visa or waiver nor noticed it stopping people going.

Well none anymore.but young people used to be able to travel and work in Europe freely.

The premise remains the same. The new blue passport just represents less rights we have being out of the EU."

Who said I have no interest in travelling ? we have been in France 7 wks so far and have another 4 to go, next year it will be 7 or 8, if we have to get a visa who cares, it wont be any bother but if the EU doesn't want our money then we will go to Canada or the states instead.

There will be plenty of work opportunities for young brits if they want them, I was only reading the other day in the local french paper that their is a shortage of workers to do the sort of work that young travellers do, just the same as in the UK EU youth want well paid easy work not jobs they have been told they are too clever for, parts of eastern europe are being emptied of their youth as they WILL do these jobs full time instead of as part of a gap year etc eyc

The premise remains the same. The new blue passport just represents less rights we have being out of the EU.

Who said I have no interest in travelling ? we have been in France 7 wks so far and have another 4 to go, next year it will be 7 or 8, if we have to get a visa who cares, it wont be any bother but if the EU doesn't want our money then we will go to Canada or the states instead.

There will be plenty of work opportunities for young brits if they want them, I was only reading the other day in the local french paper that their is a shortage of workers to do the sort of work that young travellers do, just the same as in the UK EU youth want well paid easy work not jobs they have been told they are too clever for, parts of eastern europe are being emptied of their youth as they WILL do these jobs full time instead of as part of a gap year etc eyc"

Excellent. So we're on the same page. A British passport is worth less after Brexit than before.

bournemouth

There will be plenty of work opportunities for young brits if they want them, I was only reading the other day in the local french paper that their is a shortage of workers to do the sort of work that young travellers do, just the same as in the UK EU youth want well paid easy work not jobs they have been told they are too clever for, parts of eastern europe are being emptied of their youth as they WILL do these jobs full time instead of as part of a gap year etc eyc

Excellent. So we're on the same page. A British passport is worth less after Brexit than before."

Has the price dropped then, unusual for anything to go down

Excellent. So we're on the same page. A British passport is worth less after Brexit than before.

Has the price dropped then, unusual for anything to go down"

Not the cost. The value.

Keep up!

bournemouth

Not the cost. The value.

Keep up! "

Mines worth the same to me as it was before, I can use it to travel anywhere in the world that thinks I'm ok to be in their country. The EU is just one more place I might have to fill out a form if I want to stay for an extended time, I bet you spend more time on this site every day than it would take to fill out an extended time EU visa, first world problems

West London

Not the cost. The value.

Keep up!

Mines worth the same to me as it was before, I can use it to travel anywhere in the world that thinks I'm ok to be in their country. The EU is just one more place I might have to fill out a form if I want to stay for an extended time, I bet you spend more time on this site every day than it would take to fill out an extended time EU visa, first world problems"

It makes no difference for you and that's what matters?

Got it

Having your employment opportunities curtailed is not just a first world problem.

Time spent on this site and filling out an immigration form are not comparable activities. Why draw such a pointless parallel?

bournemouth

Not the cost. The value.

Keep up!

Mines worth the same to me as it was before, I can use it to travel anywhere in the world that thinks I'm ok to be in their country. The EU is just one more place I might have to fill out a form if I want to stay for an extended time, I bet you spend more time on this site every day than it would take to fill out an extended time EU visa, first world problems

Got it

Having your employment opportunities curtailed is not just a first world problem.

Time spent on this site and filling out an immigration form are not comparable activities. Why draw such a pointless parallel?"

If you are the right person for the job you will be able to take it just like in many other countries, if you're talking about low skilled seasonal jobs then perhaps a little research might show that many European countries are in the same position as the uk, many of the young dont want low paid jobs unless it involves travel to another country, the better of parts of the EU are full of kids from the poorer areas which are complaining about their area being left with the old and infirm, was reading an article in a french paper about this subject only this week, just as there will opportunities in the uk for seasonal jobs for eu citizens there will be for uk young there and if you are older and want a job you will just have to meet the criteria set just as you do in the states.

It is quite interesting to see the attitudes in France to all this, if you think the uk has issues with immigration then you should have seen what's said about Turkey's threat to open its borders

Not the cost. The value.

Keep up!

Mines worth the same to me as it was before, I can use it to travel anywhere in the world that thinks I'm ok to be in their country. The EU is just one more place I might have to fill out a form if I want to stay for an extended time, I bet you spend more time on this site every day than it would take to fill out an extended time EU visa, first world problems"

Blimey.

But you do understand that we lose the right to live and travel freely for as long as we like in the EU? Or are you disputing the actual facts?

Here is some actual information about how the British passport is devalued after brexit based on the

Quality of nationality index.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-british-passport-value-plunges-down-global-rankings-of-usefulness-a7100506.html

West London

Not the cost. The value.

Keep up!

Got it

Time spent on this site and filling out an immigration form are not comparable activities. Why draw such a pointless parallel?

If you are the right person for the job you will be able to take it just like in many other countries, if you're talking about low skilled seasonal jobs then perhaps a little research might show that many European countries are in the same position as the uk, many of the young dont want low paid jobs unless it involves travel to another country, the better of parts of the EU are full of kids from the poorer areas which are complaining about their area being left with the old and infirm, was reading an article in a french paper about this subject only this week, just as there will opportunities in the uk for seasonal jobs for eu citizens there will be for uk young there and if you are older and want a job you will just have to meet the criteria set just as you do in the states.

It is quite interesting to see the attitudes in France to all this, if you think the uk has issues with immigration then you should have seen what's said about Turkey's threat to open its borders"

No. Just like here there is a preference not to go to the extra cost and time of taking on a foreign national.

The EU now has 27 other countries to choose from with ease.

UK citizens are then competing with Americans, Canadians and Chinese for the same job if they cannot find someone easily.

Seasonal jobs will still need an application process.

Enjoy your bubble.

Eastbourne

"

The value of a passport is ranked, by how many countries you can enter without a visa. We have gone from joint first, to joint sixth. It is expected to drop further after brexit has been completed.

The value of a passport is ranked, by how many countries you can enter without a visa. We have gone from joint first, to joint sixth. It is expected to drop further after brexit has been completed. "

Another Brexit bonus

near ipswich

The value of a passport is ranked, by how many countries you can enter without a visa. We have gone from joint first, to joint sixth. It is expected to drop further after brexit has been completed. "

Out of interest which countries were we visa free being in the eu and now out of ?

» Add a new message to this topic