FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > What Part of NOT GUILTY do you not understand

What Part of NOT GUILTY do you not understand

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

FANTASTIC NEWS

Welcome Back to Politics Alex Salmond

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Alex Salmond has been cleared of sexual assaulting nine women while he was Scotland's first minister.

A jury found the former SNP leader not guilty on 12 of the sexual assault charges facing him, while another was found not proven.

A further charge of sexually assaulting a 10th woman had previously been dropped by prosecutors.

Mr Salmond had said he was innocent of all the charges against him throughout the two-week trial.

During his evidence to the court, he said the claims made about his alleged conduct were "deliberate fabrications for a political purpose" or "exaggerations".

And he said had "never attempted to have non-consensual sexual relations with anyone in my entire life".

The jury returned not guilty verdicts on 12 charges and returned a not proven verdict on a charge of sexual assault

The not proven verdict is an unusual and highly controversial feature of the Scottish legal system which in practice is exactly the same as a verdict of not guilty

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Accusations of Nicola Sturgeon framing him bandied about. Not sure of the veracity of them

While his name has been dragged through the courts and media the accusers have all remained anonymous so it’s not surprising that he got acquitted is it ?

Maybe if they had each come out publicly then it might have gone the other way

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Something fishy going on...

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Accusations of Nicola Sturgeon framing him bandied about. Not sure of the veracity of them "

Some of it centres on some "unofficial" Scottish Goverment policy, that Alex Salmond wasn't to be allowed to work alone with women.

A policy that Nicola Sturgeon either implemented, or certainly knew about.

"FANTASTIC NEWS

"

He won’t return to politics, rightly or wrongly he is finished as a politician

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"FANTASTIC NEWS

"

Unbelievable trial must have been fixed he is not the first politition to get away with this sort of thing

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

"FANTASTIC NEWS

Unbelievable trial must have been fixed he is not the first politition to get away with this sort of thing"

You know better than the jury that listened to the evidence?

"FANTASTIC NEWS

"

He admitted to consensual sexual relations with two of his much junior staff.

That is not acceptable in most places of work and especially when First Minister.

He will never work in politics again.

"FANTASTIC NEWS

He won’t return to politics, rightly or wrongly he is finished as a politician "

But he will make a mint on the new book that will come out of it

"FANTASTIC NEWS

He won’t return to politics, rightly or wrongly he is finished as a politician "

One of the very first things he said when walking out of court was that he would be returning to politics, I for one will welcome him back and hopefully he will eventually take lead of the SNP again.

All went downhill with the SNP when he stepped down in 2014

It is time for him to take the reigns again.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"FANTASTIC NEWS

One of the very first things he said when walking out of court was that he would be returning to politics, I for one will welcome him back and hopefully he will eventually take lead of the SNP again.

It is time for him to take the reigns again."

Not guilty doesn't mean that any woman would want to work with him now!

"FANTASTIC NEWS

Not guilty doesn't mean that any woman would want to work with him now! "

This was clearly a framed set up, those women set him up and their claims clearly crumbled in court, this is not the end of it, every one of those women will pay the price and it has been said this is not finished, once the virus situation is cleared up, the damaging false statements from each of these women will be opened to the public, these women have done more damage to female workers than any male could have done, simply because they told lies and tried to set him up in the nature of politics.

all will come out into the eye of the public soon, and we will see the damage and false claims each of those ladies made.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

So nine women lied in court, and Salmond isn’t a predator, but just a person who constantly cheats on his wife and women find irresistible.

Gotcha.

"FANTASTIC NEWS

It is time for him to take the reigns again."

No chance, he is finished as a politician , get used to it ,

"FANTASTIC NEWS

No chance, he is finished as a politician , get used to it , "

I think he has many more followers and voters than you will ever know

He truly believes in Scotland and in Independence

Love how you can predict something you have zero control over

"FANTASTIC NEWS

"

And I love how you can predict something you have zero control over . I feel sorry for him, he has been falsely accused but despite that he has behaved unacceptably whilst being the first minister.

"FANTASTIC NEWS

And I love how you can predict something you have zero control over . I feel sorry for him, he has been falsely accused but despite that he has behaved unacceptably whilst being the first minister. "

I have a vote; you dont

"FANTASTIC NEWS

And I love how you can predict something you have zero control over . I feel sorry for him, he has been falsely accused but despite that he has behaved unacceptably whilst being the first minister.

I have a vote; you dont "

1 vote? And what are you voting for ?

"FANTASTIC NEWS

I have a vote; you dont

1 vote? And what are you voting for ? "

that one vote can be the deciding factor of him becoming an MsP again, you do not have that option

You have Zero say, all you can do is whinge on a forum where the majority have zero vote and zero say

"FANTASTIC NEWS

I have a vote; you dont

1 vote? And what are you voting for ?

that one vote can be the deciding factor of him becoming an MsP again, you do not have that option

You have Zero say, all you can do is whinge on a forum where the majority have zero vote and zero say"

So he is standing to be an MSP in your area?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"FANTASTIC NEWS

Unbelievable trial must have been fixed he is not the first politition to get away with this sort of thing

You know better than the jury that listened to the evidence? "

I followd the everidence and I would have found him guilty,there have been many polititions before him got away with sexual misconduct,do I trust this court no

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

As someone that has done jury service you can only go with the evidence presented and all people on the jury having a open mind and willing to listen to others peoples thoughts on how they came to the conclusion someone is guilty or innocent of the charges.Any case of a sexual nature is always hard as I found out when I did my jury service.If the prosecution did not present enough strong evidence then a jury will tend to lean towards innocent.Trying to convince 10 out of 12 jurors to agree with your train of thought is not easy.

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

May not be over yet. The Times are reporting that Police Scotland have passed allegations onto them regarding complaints about his time in London as a MP.

One of the heartbreaking things that kept cropping up during the evidence was that many of these women were afraid of taking their complaints further at the time as they were afraid of the damage it would do to the independence movement if they were made public.

"May not be over yet. The Times are reporting that Police Scotland have passed allegations onto them regarding complaints about his time in London as a MP.

One of the heartbreaking things that kept cropping up during the evidence was that many of these women were afraid of taking their complaints further at the time as they were afraid of the damage it would do to the independence movement if they were made public."

The times lol says it all,aye they were that afraid they set up whatsapp group to get their stories right all at the encouragment from the lead investigator for the scottish office,im sure there might be a few of them waiting for a knock at the door from police for lying in court

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

What part of "Not proven" means "not guilty"?

It's an acquittal but it does not mean that the defendant is innocent.

It may well be that there has been fabrication and exaggeration, hit as a matter of fact with respect to the OP title, a "not proven" verdict is very pertinent.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"What part of "Not proven" means "not guilty"?

It's an acquittal but it does not mean that the defendant is innocent."

Not true. Under Scots Law, every defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Not Proven means the prosecution failed to prove guilt.

Therefore, the defendant's innocence is maintained; in the eyes of the law and, come to that, the jury - or they'd have found him guilty.

Not Proven is unsatisfactory because it allows the jury a "cop out" and leaves the acquitted smeared with "guilt" - which may, or may not, be justified.

By *V-AliceTV/TS  over a year ago

Ayr

"Trying to convince 10 out of 12 jurors to agree with your train of thought is not easy."

A Scots jury has 15 members. Yes, it is hard to convince that many people to reach the same conclusion - but prosecutors are highly trained and well paid to try and do so.

As, indeed, are defence attorneys duty bound to do all they can to prevent an unjustified conviction.

We should all be grateful that we live in a country where that is the case; whether we agree with individual verdicts or not.

All the women said no but Alex like Nicola only ever hear Yes.

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Trying to convince 10 out of 12 jurors to agree with your train of thought is not easy.

A Scots jury has 15 members. Yes, it is hard to convince that many people to reach the same conclusion - but prosecutors are highly trained and well paid to try and do so.

As, indeed, are defence attorneys duty bound to do all they can to prevent an unjustified conviction.

We should all be grateful that we live in a country where that is the case; whether we agree with individual verdicts or not."

. Apologise I had no idea that in Scotland a jury consists of 15 members.

He reminds me of the dirty old man on the dick emery show with wandering hands and invading peoples personal space, I used to have a teacher at school when I was about 11 who used to get so close to you with bad breath you were practically bent backwards to avoid the unwanted attention

» Add a new message to this topic