FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Why Scotland is so Beautiful.

Why Scotland is so Beautiful.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have spent many years travelling and in my youth spent effectively my teenage years living in Scotland, until I was 20yrs when I joined the army and moved south. I always have this thing inside me, dragging me to Scotland. You know the feeling of belonging, being home. After all of this has been said, I am actually English by birth, and lived down south for many years, but always had this bond, tie with Scotland. I find the Scottish people so friendly and fun loving and I feel so at home. Has anyone else felt this kind of feeling or am I just feeling melancholy, because I have had a few glasses of wine and watching Rab C Nesbitt. hahaha your comments would be appreciated. xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Sorry just to add, I now live in Scotland, love it here, best place in the world. xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I love Scotland, from East coast to West, Highlands to lowlands. The forests the mountains the rivers and beaches.

The abundance of good quality food produced....it's not all battered deep fried mars bars and bottles of buckie.

Only thing I don't like is the midges!

Love Scotland-the West Coast-Scenery-Hogmanay-Our History etc etc, and 'it's home!

The bad bit's-the weather!

It's the humor of the Scottish people i love,the weather is crap but give me the Glasgow sense of humor any day.

But they're Scottish Midgies,so they're ALMOST as beautiful as anything else Scottish!!!!Lol.One of my biggest loves is our language.And in Rab C Nesbit you hear some of the best!!

Rab

xx

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

There's no place like home..... and Scotland IS home.

Stereotyped as: ginger, bucky swilling, tight-fisted, deep-fried mars bars neckers..

Truth: The friendliest people you could ever meet, will lend a helping hand to any one, won the golden boot for their national footie fans... could go on

at the end of the day, there is really only one word to describe the Scots and that is

PROUD!!!!!!

"There's no place like home..... and Scotland IS home.

Stereotyped as: ginger, bucky swilling, tight-fisted, deep-fried mars bars neckers..

Truth: The friendliest people you could ever meet, will lend a helping hand to any one, won the golden boot for their national footie fans... could go on

at the end of the day, there is really only one word to describe the Scots and that is

PROUD!!!!!!"

[Removed by poster at 16/05/12 00:32:44]

"There's no place like home..... and Scotland IS home.

PROUD!!!!!!"

Couldnt have said it better theres naybody like us best wee country in the world.

Fmuma summed it up perfectly, there's nae other nation like us and I'm proud of my heritage!

there cant be too many people truly proud to be scots , if there was then we would never tolerate the situation we find ourselves in , ruled by another country, resourses plundered by other countrys ,our citizens send to war on other countrys whims , we have to pay our hard earned tax cash to another country , when you go to spend our money in the country to thesouth of us there can be problems due to the fact they refuse to take it . Large tracts of our country is owned by people other than scots , we let other countrys store their weapons of mass destruction in our country instead of there own . If we were truly proud to be scots from the country of scotland then these travistys would long ago have been put right or never been allowed to happen in thefirst place

That's what happens when you're run by a bunch of nutjobs some 400 odd miles away who don't really give a toss!!Who's ever cared about what the people of scotland wanted......this thread could get a bit messy now!!

We do have a strong national identity to be proud of.Authors,actors,comedians,politicians.....very important historical figures with all sorts of connections all over the world.For such a small nation we've had incredible influences on a global scale.

Someone always has to ruin it with politics

I was born in England , lived in beautiful fife and I'm proud to say I have 2 beautiful Scottish boys !

but who will you back when the brown and smellie hits the fan ? your own country ? or the country of your children ?

What about your fav scottish books,bands,actors,tv,films,sporting personallities?

Band-Love and Money

Book-A Scots Quair

Film-Highlander(if it counts lol)if not-Cumfort and Joy

TV-Still Game

This list will probably go on and on..........

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

There's always 1.....

Lets hope all these proud scotts vote for Independance! Like I will be!

I'm a Scot, I've always been independent, no need for me to vote on it.

"I'm a Scot, I've always been independent, no need for me to vote on it. "
Oh madame, think that Smartie just dropped from your thong

I love Scotland 'cause lovely people like Laine live here ...

jx

"Fmuma summed it up perfectly, there's nae other nation like us and I'm proud of my heritage! "
Me to I miss home

By *earhugs1Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I love Scotland.Travel all over the work with work and their is no where else that the people are (generally!) so warm, friendly and funny.

I live in Glasgow and love that I have the bars,restaurants,parks, entertainments and cultyer right on my doorstep, but a wee drive takes me to the coast or beautiful lochs and countryside.

Ex hubby was English. He moved up here 20 years ago and even tho we split up,he could never now leave Scotland. Our two sons claim to be half english(well, they are!) but I keep telling them they're Scots thru and thru!

Mike is welsh and has moved up here to be with me. He's fallen in love with Scotland now too.cant imagine every wanting to live anywhere else.

Karen x

Goin to Inverness and back tommorow

By *istery girlWoman  over a year ago

Ross-shire

Hi im Scottish and i get that feeling every time i get off the ferry on the Isle of Lewis like iv been there before its weird feeling xx

Lewis has the most amazing beaches and the people as so nice as well have a few friends there now ..

Hope to go back very soon to see the most amazing man i have ever met xxxx

To be Scottish for me is not to bitch and moan about any short comings we may have endured over time but instead to hold our heads high in the face of adversity! To remember we live on the most beautiful land that there is.. Sure the weather sucks but we will never have to worry about a lack of water... When I take myself into the highlands and walk amongst the hills looking down on lochs that are brimming with wildlife I take a deep breathe of untainted air as I enjoy the silence and think... Fuck me I love this country!

I am Scottish... I am proud of it and that is something that no amount of money will ever take away from me!

And let's be honest! Irn-bru is the elixir of life and we fecking make it!!!

"I love Scotland 'cause lovely people like Laine live here ...

jx"

"To be Scottish for me is not to bitch and moan about any short comings we may have endured over time but instead to hold our heads high in the face of adversity! To remember we live on the most beautiful land that there is.. Sure the weather sucks but we will never have to worry about a lack of water... When I take myself into the highlands and walk amongst the hills looking down on lochs that are brimming with wildlife I take a deep breathe of untainted air as I enjoy the silence and think... Fuck me I love this country!

I am Scottish... I am proud of it and that is something that no amount of money will ever take away from me!

And let's be honest! Irn-bru is the elixir of life and we fecking make it!!! "

Fine words big man!

I've lived down south for quite a while and I can honestly say Scotland smells better! I miss the clean air and the space, it doesn't matter where you are though Scotland never leaves you

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

"To be Scottish for me is not to bitch and moan about any short comings we may have endured over time but instead to hold our heads high in the face of adversity! To remember we live on the most beautiful land that there is.. Sure the weather sucks but we will never have to worry about a lack of water... When I take myself into the highlands and walk amongst the hills looking down on lochs that are brimming with wildlife I take a deep breathe of untainted air as I enjoy the silence and think... Fuck me I love this country!

And let's be honest! Irn-bru is the elixir of life and we fecking make it!!! "

You forgot to mention that i make scotland a little more beautiful for you

"

You forgot to mention that i make scotland a little more beautiful for you "

I would have thought that was obvious? But if not.... ^^ what she said

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

By *ob and angelaCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

proud to be scottish .think its not only the scenry etc but the people that make it....

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"proud to be scottish .think its not only the scenry etc but the people that make it...."

This is so true.

I'm English, but I got a job when I was 19 that meant I had to move to Scotland - id never even been there before! I had a day trip, did some viewings and made an offer on a flat. 6 weeks later I was moving in!

While I'm unpacking the van my neighbour comes out and introduces himself and asked what I had planned for tonight! - I said, well nothing why? His reply - you're coming to the pub with us - ill chap ya doooooor at 7!

That was it. 2 fantastic years. And another neighbour ended up being my best man.

We honeymooned in aviemore and my kate fell in love with the place too.

But yes, you tend to have it all - amazing landscapes but I've yet to find a more friendly welcoming people.

We've been twice so far this year will be back again soon!

D&K

We moved up here 6 1/2 years ago due to patch's job. Honestly ... at the time and for the first 2 - 3 years I hated being up here and wanted back south of the border. Looking back I think that was due to distance to family, no work etc.

Leap to now, Both me and patch agree that we'd never leave. It's home for us and the kids now. Eldest was only 5 mths when we moved, youngest was born here.

I've been lucky to meet some crackin people and my best mate has opened my eyes to what there is around here local and further afield. We go out on the lochs by boat, campfires on beaches, walk up hills, hunt for treasure. You can't find the scenery anywhere else in this country.

English by birth, Scottish by heart

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

As said above the only minus is the weather.

And you cant beat Glasgow for a day/night out as no matter what pub you go to there are always characters there to cheer you up.

"We moved up here 6 1/2 years ago due to patch's job. Honestly ... at the time and for the first 2 - 3 years I hated being up here and wanted back south of the border. Looking back I think that was due to distance to family, no work etc.

Leap to now, Both me and patch agree that we'd never leave. It's home for us and the kids now. Eldest was only 5 mths when we moved, youngest was born here.

I've been lucky to meet some crackin people and my best mate has opened my eyes to what there is around here local and further afield. We go out on the lochs by boat, campfires on beaches, walk up hills, hunt for treasure. You can't find the scenery anywhere else in this country.

English by birth, Scottish by heart

"

By *uld AllianceMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Love Scotland came here 11 years ago, and i am going nowhere. At the same time Scots people have got such a sexy accent !! That is why I like my bf :.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Scotland is so beautiful beacuse all us sexy scots swingers live here of course

I think and know that the Scottish people are the finest. I love the accent, some of the funny names for things like, mon up the brae, och awa ye go, twa, eicht, can't understand a fucking word but god it sounds great. hahaha nope seriously the Scots are a fine, fine race even though I am half scottish, my father was from Glasgow, born and bred. My fondest memories from my childhood are all based in Scotland, from the fine rolls, to the stovies, great place to live and fantastic people. God bless the United states of Scotland xxxxx

By *reacherUKMan  over a year ago

Livingston

This says it all :-

The average Englishman in the home he calls his castle slips into his national costume - A shabby raincoat - patented by Chemist, Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland.

En route to his office he strides along the English lane surfaced by John Macadam of Ayr, Scotland.

He drives an English car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop of Dreghorn, Scotland.

At the office he receives the mail bearing adhesive stamps invented by James Chalmers of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland.

At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by Kirkpatrick Macmillan, Blacksmith of Dumfries, Scotland.

He watches TV an invention of John Logie Baird of Helensburgh, Scotland, and hears an item about the United States Navy founded by John Paul Jones of Kirkbean, Scotland.

He has now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the bible, only to find that the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot - King James VI - who authorised it’s translation.

Nowhere can an Englishman turn to escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He could take to drink but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all but the breech - loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick Ferguson of Pitflours, Scotland.

If he escaped death he could find himself on and operating table injected with Penicillin discovered by Alexander Fleming of Darval, Scotland and then an anesthetic discovered by Sir James Young Simpson of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anesthetic he would find no comfort in learning that he was as safe as the Bank of England, founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only remaining hope would be to get a transfusion of good Scottish Blood which would entitle him to ask - WHA’S LIKE US.

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Cheers Preacher nice cuppa reading

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"This says it all :-

The average Englishman in the home he calls his castle slips into his national costume - A shabby raincoat - patented by Chemist, Charles Macintosh from Glasgow, Scotland.

En route to his office he strides along the English lane surfaced by John Macadam of Ayr, Scotland.

He drives an English car fitted with tyres invented by John Boyd Dunlop of Dreghorn, Scotland.

At the office he receives the mail bearing adhesive stamps invented by James Chalmers of Dundee, Scotland.

During the day he uses the telephone invented by Alexander Graham Bell, born in Edinburgh, Scotland.

At home in the evening his daughter pedals her bicycle invented by Kirkpatrick Macmillan, Blacksmith of Dumfries, Scotland.

He watches TV an invention of John Logie Baird of Helensburgh, Scotland, and hears an item about the United States Navy founded by John Paul Jones of Kirkbean, Scotland.

He has now been reminded too much of Scotland and in desperation he picks up the bible, only to find that the first man mentioned in the good book is a Scot - King James VI - who authorised it’s translation.

Nowhere can an Englishman turn to escape the ingenuity of the Scots.

He could take to drink but the Scots make the best in the world.

He could take a rifle and end it all but the breech - loading rifle was invented by Captain Patrick Ferguson of Pitflours, Scotland.

If he escaped death he could find himself on and operating table injected with Penicillin discovered by Alexander Fleming of Darval, Scotland and then an anesthetic discovered by Sir James Young Simpson of Bathgate, Scotland.

Out of the anesthetic he would find no comfort in learning that he was as safe as the Bank of England, founded by William Paterson of Dumfries, Scotland.

Perhaps his only remaining hope would be to get a transfusion of good Scottish Blood which would entitle him to ask - WHA’S LIKE US.

"

brilliant thanks

Do I detect a hint of anti - English in this forum ?

i widney leave it its home an home is where my heart is

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I've been to a variety of place's abroad and still find Scotland the most beautiful place in the world. My grandparent's have done 4 world tours and they still say Scotland is the ultimate place of beauty!

Such pleasent and friendly people too!

Well I am English, and I have stated how I feel about the Scots and Scotland, but guess that perhaps the English are not held in such high esteem. That is a bit of a shame, cause in my eyes I would help anyone if I could, irrespective of their nationality etc. Thankfully the Scots who I see and meet on a daily basis are all good honest decent, lovely people and I am so lucky to live where I live. Hopefully one day we may all live as one nation in peace and harmony, if the good lord is willing.

» Add a new message to this topic