FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Death

Death

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes it's a morbid subject but genuinely curious as to other people's thoughts on it.

Are you afraid of dying ? Do you not think about it ? Do you go through life with the thinking , fuck it , it comes to us all eventually so why worry. ? Do you have any thoughts on how you would like to check out of this world.?

If you think it's a taboo subject then simply move on past , no need to give me a piece of your mind.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not in the least bit scared of dying. Heaven is full of people i want to see again. I have had a better life than most and do not want to grow old and frail alone and be a burden to my children. If my time is up tomorrow then so be it.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I lost my wee dad last year and Ive said it many times that his passing was beautiful because it was exactly as he wanted it to be quick with his family around him.

The feeling of love for him in the room that day was all around us.

He wasnt afraid which In a way made it a lot easier for us as a family.

So no Im not scared after watching him pass so peacefully but Im also very aware that not everyone passes in this way but its just something you have no control over .

"Not in the least bit scared of dying. Heaven is full of people i want to see again. I have had a better life than most and do not want to grow old and frail alone and be a burden to my children. If my time is up tomorrow then so be it."

We can agree on something

"I lost my wee dad last year and Ive said it many times that his passing was beautiful because it was exactly as he wanted it to be quick with his family around him.

So no Im not scared after watching him pass so peacefully but Im also very aware that not everyone passes in this way but its just something you have no control over ."

Very well put miss D this is the thing for me around covid, people are dying on their own in hospitals and it's just so wrong and sad. Glad your dad had a good send off. X

"I lost my wee dad last year and Ive said it many times that his passing was beautiful because it was exactly as he wanted it to be quick with his family around him.

So no Im not scared after watching him pass so peacefully but Im also very aware that not everyone passes in this way but its just something you have no control over .

Very well put miss D this is the thing for me around covid, people are dying on their own in hospitals and it's just so wrong and sad. Glad your dad had a good send off. X"

Yeah its a horrible thing to think about someone you love dying alone like that .

Glasgow

"Not in the least bit scared of dying. Heaven is full of people i want to see again. I have had a better life than most and do not want to grow old and frail alone and be a burden to my children. If my time is up tomorrow then so be it.

We can agree on something "

Good. I will leave my dogs to you if i die tomorrow. Remember to wakk them well.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your tickets punched as soon as you come into this world. If you can check out having achieved what you aimed to, then you can go happy. Personally if I was to shuffle of this mortal coil tomorrow, I wouldn't have any regrets. I've had a decent run lol

I point blank refuse to go out to Covid 19 though. With all the insane stupid stuff I've done over the years and I'm still here, I will be dammed if a lab experiment gone wrong will take me out the game hahaha

Not at all afraid of dying. It’s going to happen sometime so why worry. I believe my life is mapped out for me and I’m destined to die on a certain date so I don’t regret any life choices or choices I will make, if that makes sense, as I’m destined to choose them.

I’ve also lost loads of friends and family so hope that I get to see them on the other side if that’s a thing.

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Not scared to die but hope I get a few years yet.had a lot of close friends and family die around me over the past 46 years.came from a very big family so there always seemed to be a relative somewhere on the road out.although i did struggle with the death of my dad last year,and my 2 lads mums death a few years ago.but can't say I struggle with the thought of my own death.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"Good. I will leave my dogs to you if i die tomorrow. Remember to wakk them well."

"Not in the least bit scared of dying. Heaven is full of people i want to see again. I have had a better life than most and do not want to grow old and frail alone and be a burden to my children. If my time is up tomorrow then so be it.

We can agree on something

Good. I will leave my dogs to you if i die tomorrow. Remember to wakk them well."

Once a day then out into the garden for as many times as they want. They will love me.

When it happens it happens....just hope it's quick and my kids are up and settled with a happy life to look forward to.

We've all got a wee invisible expiry date on our arse.

"When it happens it happens....just hope it's quick and my kids are up and settled with a happy life to look forward to.

We've all got a wee invisible expiry date on our arse."

You Ain't, I've studied every inch of your erse and there's nothing on it, well nothing that a hankerchief couldn't clean off anyways.

"When it happens it happens....just hope it's quick and my kids are up and settled with a happy life to look forward to.

You Ain't, I've studied every inch of your erse and there's nothing on it, well nothing that a hankerchief couldn't clean off anyways. "

I'm different...mine is on my inner, upper right thigh. You'll need to take my word for it...you'll never see it

Not afraid to die no. as it does come to us all but I hope iv got the time to see my hubby kids and hopefully 1 day grandkids long enough to say goodbye not go suddenly without preparing them for it.although losing my mum was 1 of the hardest things ever to see she had all her loved 1s round her so hopefully she took some comfort in that.

Am I afraid of Death ? No

Do I want to die yet ? No

as far as I'm concerned I have nothing to fear when I die

some other people might not think so but they don't know me

If there is an afterlife cool i'll be alright

If there is nothing after death then I won't know anyway

as I say I have done nothing wrong

Think Robbie Williams sums it up

I’m not scared of dying I just don’t want too.

By *ac995Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Death is only a door way to another realm

I don’t believe in the heaven or hell scenario.

Or

Loved ones looking Dow from above.

I think what happens when we die, we plug out of this Simulator world after spending years playing this avatar on this earth.

When we plug out. We wake up again and become our real true self.

Not having a go here but some people on the forums have said they are very paranoid about going out just now, do people think this is because they are afraid of catching covid or fear of dying or would they be more relaxed and less afraid if they just accepted what will be will be like all of the posts above have pretty much said so far. Not saying they are being irrational but I personally think if they just accepted it's just part of life then maybe they would be able to get on with living for now and having as much fun as possible and not worry about something that might not happen for another 50 years.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

I'm more worried about terminal illness...

It's not the dying, but the way of dying...

Buy me a ticket to Switzerland

I’m not scared of death, I just don’t want to be there when it happens

(Woody Allen)

Absolutely terrified. I'm all my boys have in this world and the thought of not being around is frightening.

Hopfully when it happens they will be grown up and settled and I can toddle off this earth knowing that they are OK

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow.

Nope, the man with the black cape and silver sickle comes for us all in the end.

I spend 2 decades watching my wife slowly change and eventually lose her life to a progressive neurological disease.

Her thoughts on the matter were to live life to the full, go places, see and do things to leave good memories with those you leave behind.

In the end, she went the way she wanted to go. Quietly, at home in her wheelchair - no fuss, no drama, no medical mayhem.

I fear life at times more than death.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

As some above have said I am not afraid of being dead but might not like the way it comes around, in my sleep would be nice as I have watched too many people suffer a long lingering death. As for afterlife I am not religious and no one has come back to say it's there so a wee bit doubtful about that one.

Yes, I am scared of dying.

By *ittleMizzNaughty88.Woman  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

Not scared of death I'm scared about leaving my two kids with disabilities even in adulthood they will never be able to live independently.

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

I have no fear of dying and have been clinically dead for over 2 minutes when I was younger. The method of death however is something to fear.

Glasgow

"Yes, I am scared of dying."

Please tell us why.

"Think Robbie Williams sums it up

I’m not scared of dying I just don’t want too."

Kinda go with this, I have much to live for. I’m old enough to say I’ve lived a rich life and when my time comes I hope it’s an easy passing if there is such a thing. I’ll also be interested in knowing the answer to what lies beyond... if anything...

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

Yes I'm scared of dying as much as I'm worried that when I do, my kids and grandkids won't cope well and hubby wont handle it too well at all. I've seen hubby and kids go through alot.

I have been there when my hubbys dad died of cancer and his mum died a year later after going up to his graveyard, slipped in snow, knocked herself out and died of hyperthermia and it almost destroyed my hubby and 2 older kids. Took hubby few years to get back to himself same with older kids. Five years ago hubby died 3 times and resuscitated after he was attacked by two brothers and it was so hard for our kids when he died in front of us 3 times , luckily he is alive and 100% now but they didn't cope and two oldest fell into a deep depression because of it, they are so soft hearted all of them and don't deal with loss well, So yes I'm terrified to leave them because they won't have me to help them cope with these things. I'm the positive and stronger one who is always there to get them through things as mum's/wife's do as I have different beliefs and thoughts about things, We have to be strong for our hubby's, kids etc and get them through the hard times .. So if I'm not here who will help them, so yes terrified to leave them.

So I plan on living till I'm at least 90 don't care if I get so wrinkly and old and frail as long as I'm here for them all.

Sounds stupid but it's pretty much my one big fear.

"Yes I'm scared of dying as much as I'm worried that when I do, my kids and grandkids won't cope well and hubby wont handle it too well at all. I've seen hubby and kids go through alot.

I have been there when my hubbys dad died of cancer and his mum died a year later after going up to his graveyard, slipped in snow, knocked herself out and died of hyperthermia and it almost destroyed my hubby and 2 older kids. Took hubby few years to get back to himself same with older kids. Five years ago hubby died 3 times and resuscitated after he was attacked by two brothers and it was so hard for our kids when he died in front of us 3 times , luckily he is alive and 100% now but they didn't cope and two oldest fell into a deep depression because of it, they are so soft hearted all of them and don't deal with loss well, So yes I'm terrified to leave them because they won't have me to help them cope with these things. I'm the positive and stronger one who is always there to get them through things as mum's/wife's do as I have different beliefs and thoughts about things, We have to be strong for our hubby's, kids etc and get them through the hard times .. So if I'm not here who will help them, so yes terrified to leave them.

So I plan on living till I'm at least 90 don't care if I get so wrinkly and old and frail as long as I'm here for them all.

"

It doesn’t sound in the least bit stupid. It’s exactly what you would do for those you love xxx

Glasgow

"Yes I'm scared of dying as much as I'm worried that when I do, my kids and grandkids won't cope well and hubby wont handle it too well at all. I've seen hubby and kids go through alot.

"

But you may not be fit or in sound mind at 90. You may be in a nursing home and not recognise or communicate with them. Sometimes being alive can cause more pain than death. Just a thought.

Glasgow

But you may not be fit or in sound mind at 90. You may be in a nursing home and not recognise or communicate with them. Sometimes being alive can cause more pain than death. Just a thought."

And you say you plan to be around at 90. Sadly we are unable to plan when we die so therefore it is important to discuss openly about death and have things put in place for when that time comes.

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

But you may not be fit or in sound mind at 90. You may be in a nursing home and not recognise or communicate with them. Sometimes being alive can cause more pain than death. Just a thought."

The decision will be theres to make then, either to put me in a home or move me in with them but when I'm 90 my kids will probably be alot stronger and it won't be as hard as they will be in thier late 50s,60s, 70s so would probably have experienced more death and got stronger from it but when that time comes my kids will have options in place.

I'll just need to continue to make sure I'm staying fit and in good health everyday for as long as i can or remember to lol so that I'm still able to look after myself without being a burden.

Like captain Tom 99 and still not a burden.

Death is a subject that simultaneously terrifies and fascinates me. I remember as a wee boy lying in bed at night crying and worrying about my parents dying (anybody else ever do that?)

The book " all that remains" by sue black is a great read and discusses death in a very pragmatic and yet humourous way.

I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid I will leave my children to soon, the thought of them been without me while they are children absolutely terrifies me. Death is the only certainty in life.

Mrs

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

Have never been afraid of it and for a time, I even embraced the idea to the point that most of my friends are astounded that I lived past 20!! Am not so crazy now and, though not afraid of dying, I do dwell more on the impact it may (or may not) have on friends and family.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"Death is the only certainty in life.

Mrs "

And taxes

I'd agree with that, dying is obv inevitable but it's the how more than the when.

"I'm more worried about terminal illness...

It's not the dying, but the way of dying...

Buy me a ticket to Switzerland "

Forgot to quote lol

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

You Ain't, I've studied every inch of your erse and there's nothing on it, well nothing that a hankerchief couldn't clean off anyways.

I'm different...mine is on my inner, upper right thigh. You'll need to take my word for it...you'll never see it "

She is right. It’s there.

By *illers71Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Im a stone wall believer that this is our one and only life. The church has brainwashed people into thinking there is eternal life. Death is like a GE when your dead you know sweet FA about it. I don’t care when I die although hope I have plenty time yet. Im as happy as anything to think that too ??

By *illers71Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Im a stone wall believer that this is our one and only life. The church has brainwashed people into thinking there is eternal life. Death is like a GE when your dead you know sweet FA about it. I don’t care when I die although hope I have plenty time yet. Im as happy as anything to think that too ??

"Absolutely terrified. I'm all my boys have in this world and the thought of not being around is frightening.

Hopfully when it happens they will be grown up and settled and I can toddle off this earth knowing that they are OK "

Feel exactly the same with my son

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere over there

I’m not afraid of dying but I’m afraid of losing my parents; they’re both in their 70’s, but since I’m adopted they chose me to have this life and my siblings; all of whom I love.

As an ex-catholic, think I’ve still retained that thought that older relatives are keeping an eye out but have in my head. that I’m more likely to come back as a dolphin as I want my ashes scattered in the sea!

I’ve seen some ppl in good physical health but their mental health/memory has gone and it’s been soul-destroying for the family, so I would hope to still have that.

I’ve already got a Will made up (I’m one of the few my age amongst my friends) as I just think, best to be prepared.

Millie x

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Na doesnt frighten me,not looking forward to doing it though, would like to spend as much time fit and healthy on this fucked up planet for a while yet.

My greater fear is being infirmed bodily and alive mentally in a very old not functioning body.

By *assy69Man  over a year ago

West Sussex and Powys

"Yes it's a morbid subject but genuinely curious as to other people's thoughts on it.

Are you afraid of dying ? Do you not think about it ? Do you go through life with the thinking , fuck it , it comes to us all eventually so why worry. ? Do you have any thoughts on how you would like to check out of this world.?

If you think it's a taboo subject then simply move on past , no need to give me a piece of your mind.

"

Most of my friends were amazed I was alone to see my twentieth birthday!! Am not as reckless as I was, I am older, not as fit, and I do think about the people I will leave behind now but I am not afraid of dying

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

It's the only certainty why fear it

"Yes it's a morbid subject but genuinely curious as to other people's thoughts on it.

"

We only die once and theres no point hiding from that fact. Live in the here and now. Why dwell on something you can not control

"Na doesnt frighten me,not looking forward to doing it though, would like to spend as much time fit and healthy on this fucked up planet for a while yet.

My greater fear is being infirmed bodily and alive mentally in a very old not functioning body."

This is my fear too !

my we mum had 3 strokes and couldnt walk or talk it must have been helish for her trapped in her own body like that for 8yrs before she was taken from us

By *outhside42Man  over a year ago

shawlands

Not afraid but would like it to be classy like snorting cocaine out of a woman's arse (I dont do drugs in reality) , surrounded by a cheering crowd after fucking 8 women at Olympic gold medal quality. But realistically I'll be on own having a wank whilst crying lol

"Na doesnt frighten me,not looking forward to doing it though, would like to spend as much time fit and healthy on this fucked up planet for a while yet.

My greater fear is being infirmed bodily and alive mentally in a very old not functioning body.This is my fear too !

my we mum had 3 strokes and couldnt walk or talk it must have been helish for her trapped in her own body like that for 8yrs before she was taken from us "

That's heart breaking.....wee soul x

My greater fear is being infirmed bodily and alive mentally in a very old not functioning body.This is my fear too !

my we mum had 3 strokes and couldnt walk or talk it must have been helish for her trapped in her own body like that for 8yrs before she was taken from us

That's heart breaking.....wee soul x"

It was hard to watch her like that but id imagine nothing compared to what she was going through X

my we mum had 3 strokes and couldnt walk or talk it must have been helish for her trapped in her own body like that for 8yrs before she was taken from us "

Think that's most folks fear. I've already said to my partner if anything like that happens I dont want resuscitated. I've never heard her reply so quickly dont worry I'll cut the power.!!! Dont think I should have mentioned the insurance policy

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

To quote Catch-22, I’m going to live forever or die in the attempt.

I have no fear of death but a healthy fear of probable causes.

I've been involved in a few scrapes in my life and genuinely how I walked away from a couple of incidents I do not know. Inches either way and I was dead, absolutely.

Every day since has been a bonus and hope to continue for as long as healthy

It’s something that I was never bothered about. But then watching a documentary and there was something that was going to happen in 1000 years. I thought I will be dead when that happens. And being sad I wouldn’t see it. So maybe I would be worried about what I don’t see

As a former soldier I've come close to death on so many occasions. I'm in no rush to meet the grim reaper, but I don't fear the moment. I fear being useless more than i fear death.

» Add a new message to this topic