FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Today's disaster

Today's disaster

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ighland gentleman OP   Man  over a year ago

Tain

Left my strawberry flapjacks in the oven a wee bit too long.

What's gone wrong for you the day?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Took sons jacket to the post office to return it..£9!!!

By *indfkdWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Child is procrastinating and wont do her school work

I'm close to losing my temper

School day started at 11.30....finished at midday for an early lunch

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I cut my fringe. Results are not good.

"I cut my fringe. Results are not good."

Ha ha....bowl cut?

Started painting my kitchen, really wish I hadn't. Forgot what a messy painter I am

left my bath running and nearly flooded the kitchen , so only a cpl off small damp patches on the ceiling , .

"Child is procrastinating and wont do her school work

I'm close to losing my temper"

I lost my temper today, tears for both of us sadly. Too hard today

I lost my temper today, tears for both of us sadly. Too hard today "

Tell me to bugger off, mind my own and whatever else....but I honestly wouldn't worry too much about school work. These things can be learned and taught when they're back at school. I'm more concerned about keeping their wee minds sane. So if that means baking banana loaf for the umpteenth time at half 9 on a Tuesday morning then so be it.....and I started off lock down with a 9am start and a schedule. None of us feel normal so can't expect the weans to.

Stopped by the police when driving down the motorway. Apparently I had no insurance

Phoned my broker and it turned out they had put an x instead of a k for my registration plate on the documents.

Had to get that sorted then take the new insurance docs down to the police station

Then went to a job to cut a cast iron waste pipe outside a building to renew it as it was leaking. Didn’t see the internet cable running behind it and cut through that, cutting a woman’s internet off who was working from home. She was not impressed in the slightest

Tell me to bugger off, mind my own and whatever else....but I honestly wouldn't worry too much about school work. These things can be learned and taught when they're back at school. I'm more concerned about keeping their wee minds sane. So if that means baking banana loaf for the umpteenth time at half 9 on a Tuesday morning then so be it.....and I started off lock down with a 9am start and a schedule. None of us feel normal so can't expect the weans to."

We’ve kinda gave up on the school stuff as well. The homework they had wasn’t even their level it was just stuff thrown together.

We would much rather they went a walk or a wee bike ride and didn’t get stressed out and cause arguments over school stuff

pager went off at work (yesterday) - so instead off using the lift I decided to bolt up the stairs bad idea lets just say I faced panted and going to have a cracker of a bruise

By *hybutnaughtyoneWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

car didn't start, tried a jump start no joy so I think I need a new battery!

Forgot to buy a light bulb for my living room lamp so either sit in darkness or total brightness

By *gag001Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm close to losing my temper"

Procrastinate...I'll decide tomorrow if that's my favourite word...maybe

x

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

"School day started at 11.30....finished at midday for an early lunch "

School didn’t even get started here today. We were both feeling a bit sad today so we played games, ate biscuits, didn’t get dressed until 3pm and danced in the kitchen to 90s music. I felt guilty that we hadn’t done reading or sums (my wee one is only P2) for about 3 seconds, but decided that just having some fun was more worthwhile today

We haven't done school work for weeks now. On Tuesday when I was in the middle of a conference call (in a onesie) someone from the school knocked at the door with more stuff for my youngest. My sons answered the door and I reckon I now look like the worst mother ever!

By *ebimimosaTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Read my work emails

Listened to company BS in the Town Hall meeting

Made 5000 litres of hand sanitizer, and then decanted it into 50ml jars...

fridge freezer died.... feck!!!!!

By *ightimefun2Couple  over a year ago

stirling

Used the term 'couldnt give a monkey's' during a work Skype meeting. Had further meeting with boss!

Was watching Nigella making a chorizo and game pie, but didn't have any leftover pheasant to use.

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

"Stopped by the police when driving down the motorway. Apparently I had no insurance

Phoned my broker and it turned out they had put an x instead of a k for my registration plate on the documents.

Had to get that sorted then take the new insurance docs down to the police station

Then went to a job to cut a cast iron waste pipe outside a building to renew it as it was leaking. Didn’t see the internet cable running behind it and cut through that, cutting a woman’s internet off who was working from home. She was not impressed in the slightest "

Wow, that is one shitty day so far.

"Stopped by the police when driving down the motorway. Apparently I had no insurance

Then went to a job to cut a cast iron waste pipe outside a building to renew it as it was leaking. Didn’t see the internet cable running behind it and cut through that, cutting a woman’s internet off who was working from home. She was not impressed in the slightest

Wow, that is one shitty day so far."

The day ended well.

When my day is going shit I break it down into hours. I say “that was a bad couple of hours the next couple will be better” it helps me not to get stressed out or worked up over things that can happen to anyone

For all you mums and dad's trying to do school work, relax lot more is learned by talking, going in nature walks take pictures come home use I ternet or books if you have any to look up what you have seen, get kids involved in a project in the garden, teach them to cook and bake, get a book and read out loud or if older everyone read the same book and chat about it play game that requires thinking skills, they will be learning without realising it.

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Cut my own hair, them feckin barbers make it look easy, is it too warm for a hat?

Tell me to bugger off, mind my own and whatever else....but I honestly wouldn't worry too much about school work. These things can be learned and taught when they're back at school. I'm more concerned about keeping their wee minds sane. So if that means baking banana loaf for the umpteenth time at half 9 on a Tuesday morning then so be it.....and I started off lock down with a 9am start and a schedule. None of us feel normal so can't expect the weans to."

We have done our own thing for 5 weeks. Had a happy child who hasn't muttered the bored word once. Then get this bloody email saying they have set up online study, and it all went to shit. Packed away the laptop and we will do our own thing again, sod it.

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

"Cut my own hair, them feckin barbers make it look easy, is it too warm for a hat? "

Pics or or didn’t happen

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

"Cut my own hair, them feckin barbers make it look easy, is it too warm for a hat? "

I have a wig you can borrow - you’ll have to supply your own foundation and lippy tho.

X

I know I'm in the wrong but I went to a work mates house for a drink tonight...... Next door neighbour (couple) took it to another level...

Take care and always remember what life is all about !!!!!

If it wasn't for Vera Lynn or Doris Day or loyd Donnegan and the skiffle men where would we be now

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

Fecking power steering pipe burst on car, managed to strip pipe off and replace

....is about to plated up in about half an hour. At some stage during the cooking process it was stew.

"....is about to plated up in about half an hour. At some stage during the cooking process it was stew."

What a come back that was.....! Absolutely no idea how I did it, but apparently that's the best stew I've made

....or maybe his palate is just knackered after years of taking a pounding.

Tell me to bugger off, mind my own and whatever else....but I honestly wouldn't worry too much about school work. These things can be learned and taught when they're back at school. I'm more concerned about keeping their wee minds sane. So if that means baking banana loaf for the umpteenth time at half 9 on a Tuesday morning then so be it.....and I started off lock down with a 9am start and a schedule. None of us feel normal so can't expect the weans to.

We have done our own thing for 5 weeks. Had a happy child who hasn't muttered the bored word once. Then get this bloody email saying they have set up online study, and it all went to shit. Packed away the laptop and we will do our own thing again, sod it. "

Good for you, no point in being stressed they will catch up as up to 80% will not be covering all their work so its pointless exercise, better to spend quality time doing things that will engage instead if enrage

» Add a new message to this topic