FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Scotland, stay home unless you are out

Scotland, stay home unless you are out

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Scots today being told to stay home

unless ofcourse they are outside exercising for as long as they like with no restrictions

excellent message.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/no-limit-on-amount-of-daily-exercise-scots-can-take?top

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

This is my last post on this thread

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Scots today being told to stay home

unless ofcourse they are outside exercising for as long as they like with no restrictions

excellent message.

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/no-limit-on-amount-of-daily-exercise-scots-can-take?top

"

Exactly. Nicola Sturgeon is so out her depth it’s dangerous. Stay at home but feel free to leave your house as many times and for as long as you want. Talk about mixed messages from down south for crying out loud, look a lot closer to home before we start criticising others

Scotland lacks a leader who shows any sort of leadership. We are lucky to have a custodian in office who has anti Westminster rhetoric in abundance

Who’s like us

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

She flapped a wee bit during the questions.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Another 3 weeks is it?

Falkirk

"Another 3 weeks is it? "

I don't think she actually said.

She just said it will be reviewed as necessary.

By *ullie-kingMan  over a year ago

Wishaw

I never watched it as I totally expected it to be a cluster fuck and any way to do it differently to boris, she would do it. My question is, if the restrictions are loosened by UK Gov and some companies slowly get to open up their factories/shops/sites and you work for an English based company, are you then able to go back to work as your place will open or are you not allowed to go as the restrictions differ on either side of border?

Falkirk

"I never watched it as I totally expected it to be a cluster fuck and any way to do it differently to boris, she would do it. My question is, if the restrictions are loosened by UK Gov and some companies slowly get to open up their factories/shops/sites and you work for an English based company, are you then able to go back to work as your place will open or are you not allowed to go as the restrictions differ on either side of border?"

I would think its based on location. So you will still be off work until the FM says otherwise.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"I never watched it as I totally expected it to be a cluster fuck and any way to do it differently to boris, she would do it. My question is, if the restrictions are loosened by UK Gov and some companies slowly get to open up their factories/shops/sites and you work for an English based company, are you then able to go back to work as your place will open or are you not allowed to go as the restrictions differ on either side of border?"

You follow the rules of your elected national leader. Johnson (twat) speaks only for England on business opening up.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Well, well, well, 7 weeks and as we enter the 8th, Ms.Sturgeon splits from the rest of the UK. How pathetic!

And as an aside, I wonder how an independent Scotland would have coped with the present situation? Would we be bankrupt?

edinburgh

"Well, well, well, 7 weeks and as we enter the 8th, Ms.Sturgeon splits from the rest of the UK. How pathetic!

And as an aside, I wonder how an independent Scotland would have coped with the present situation? Would we be bankrupt? "

I doubt we’d have furlough scheme for a start

"Well, well, well, 7 weeks and as we enter the 8th, Ms.Sturgeon splits from the rest of the UK. How pathetic!

And as an aside, I wonder how an independent Scotland would have coped with the present situation? Would we be bankrupt? "

No because we wouldn't be giving the rest OK the UK all the money generated from Scotland, Scotland generates about 7 x the nation per head of population

Scotland has already shown way more restraint in behaviour than the rest of the UK, I don't think she needs to keep. Repeating the same thing, carry on as before but instead of going out once per day you can now go out twice, but normal sensible behaviour still applies

But there's always idiots

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"Another 3 weeks is it?

I don't think she actually said.

She just said it will be reviewed as necessary. "

The 3 weeks extension of lockdown was announced last Tuesday or Wednesday. If numbers - specifically that R number - goes down some restrictions might be lifted sooner. And that is now starting with more outdoor freedom while still social distancing.

She still makes perfect sense to me tbh. An awful lot more than Johnson anyway x

With boris announcement I fear the 2nd spike happening as already on social media folk are saying it's over so more folk will be out and about.i for 1 will be doing what iv been doing since the start only going out to go to work and exercise my dogs.silly silly man

And as an aside, I wonder how an independent Scotland would have coped with the present situation? Would we be bankrupt?

No because we wouldn't be giving the rest OK the UK all the money generated from Scotland, Scotland generates about 7 x the nation per head of population

Scotland has already shown way more restraint in behaviour than the rest of the UK, I don't think she needs to keep. Repeating the same thing, carry on as before but instead of going out once per day you can now go out twice, but normal sensible behaviour still applies

But there's always idiots "

How has scotland shown more restraint in behaviour than the rest of the uk?

edinburgh

People who are unable to understand the stay alert message are the reason they put instructions on bottles of shampoo

"With boris announcement I fear the 2nd spike happening as already on social media folk are saying it's over so more folk will be out and about.i for 1 will be doing what iv been doing since the start only going out to go to work and exercise my dogs.silly silly man "

Boris is only going first, someone had to go first, it is stupidity to think lockdown would last till the virus was gone or for any prolonged period, other governments will follow. Criticise him all you want , lockdown has to be phased out and that means starting somewhere as said on a previous post , at least he has the balls to set some sort of a timetable. Other governments are bullshitting their way through not prepared to set possible targets .

A resurgence of deaths will happen whether lockdown ends next month or next year . But how many lives will be destroyed while the powers that be don't restart the economy and get the countries moving again. ?

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"People who are unable to understand the stay alert message are the reason they put instructions on bottles of shampoo"

What exactly are we staying alert from?? From a virus that we cannot detect??

Exactly what is above

edinburgh

"People who are unable to understand the stay alert message are the reason they put instructions on bottles of shampoo

What exactly are we staying alert from?? From a virus that we cannot detect?? "

Using common sense and remaining vigilant as restrictions start to ease. Be alert to the fact that the risk is still there and will probably always will be until there’s a vaccine or other such way of treating the virus

excellent message.

"

So we can go out, just no out out

I was out earlier, following government advice about staying alert I seen the Coronavirus coming so I hid behind a tree. It passed me thankfully. Cheers Boris

By *oldsteadyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

It's a very confused message on both sides of the border.

In Scotland, I can't take food from home and sit in a park eating it 50 metres from people.

But I can queue for coffee and burgers at the takeaways I pass where social distancing is being disregarded!

By *ine of BootyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow/ Manchester

"I was out earlier, following government advice about staying alert I seen the Coronavirus coming so I hid behind a tree. It passed me thankfully. Cheers Boris "

I saw this on Instagram also,

By *jezee1000Man  over a year ago

perth

It's all just common sense. I am out every day exercising . Hardly meet anyone so little chance of passing it on or catching it, but I live in country so its easier to avoid people.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Sad really both these threads seem to have more to do and mud slinging than actual thoughts on what's going on.

Bojo said this while saint nicky got it right.

The devils minion said this while should be king boris said that

Glasgow/ Manchester

"Sad really both these threads seem to have more to do and mud slinging than actual thoughts on what's going on.

The devils minion said this while should be king boris said that"

Agreed, there have some good valid points made amongst it all over a few threads alongside some open minded people being patient and conversing whilst waiting for the actual statements to be made by the pm. We all have political opinions, as adults we should be able to discuss them in a decent manner. Key word being should..

What the various threads have been brilliant for is taking note of who is not the type of people we are looking for

People need to chill, where’s the ‘be kind’ attitude gone?

By *bw for fun againCouple  over a year ago

wishaw

At least she's taking questions not like some

By *bw for fun againCouple  over a year ago

wishaw

Do people actually know there people dying here. Its not point scoring idiots last post on this have a look at yourself stay safe EVERYONE

Falkirk

"Sad really both these threads seem to have more to do and mud slinging than actual thoughts on what's going on.

Agreed, there have some good valid points made amongst it all over a few threads alongside some open minded people being patient and conversing whilst waiting for the actual statements to be made by the pm. We all have political opinions, as adults we should be able to discuss them in a decent manner. Key word being should..

What the various threads have been brilliant for is taking note of who is not the type of people we are looking for

People need to chill, where’s the ‘be kind’ attitude gone?"

This is what the real world is like. Not everyone has the same opinion or attitude.

Some folks are getting annoyed now they can't return to work whilst others want to continue with isolation.

Its all good telling folks to chill when livelihoods are on the line and and financial uncertainty is rife up and down the country.

excellent message.

So we can go out, just no out out "

Glasgow/ Manchester

This is what the real world is like. Not everyone has the same opinion or attitude.

Some folks are getting annoyed now they can't return to work whilst others want to continue with isolation.

Its all good telling folks to chill when livelihoods are on the line and and financial uncertainty is rife up and down the country.

"

There are better things to do than sit looking for arguments on a forum, my final reply to you.

Falkirk

There are better things to do than sit looking for arguments on a forum, my final reply to you."

I'm not looking for an argument.

You done the same on another post you made, you asked for opinions yet didn't want to acknowledge the opinions that opposed yours.

Glasgow/ Manchester

Just for our own clarity and for those who we often chat away to from the forums, after a quick check on all of our recent posts it appears we haven’t at any point argued or disagreed with anyone on the forums whatsoever, political or non political.

Falkirk

"Just for our own clarity and for those who we often chat away to from the forums, after a quick check on all of our recent posts it appears we haven’t at any point argued or disagreed with anyone on the forums whatsoever, political or non political.

"

Lol I never mentioned anything about politics.

The last paragraph of your last post-

What’s your thoughts on the next few weeks? Opinions so very welcome, please no arguing, we all see things differently.

You ask for opinions and even state everyone seems things differently.

I gave you my opinion when you told everyone just to chill and get along.

Nobody is arguing, just giving an opinion.

[Removed by poster at 11/05/20 09:29:16]

I think staying alert as we start to go out more is very important, especially being alert to other people who seem to think going to a supermarket and wearing a face mask means they don't need to socially distance its about being alert to other idiots who don't take things seriously.

"I think staying alert as we start to go out more is very important, especially being alert to other people who seem to think going to a supermarket and wearing a face mask means they don't need to socially distance its about being alert to other idiots who don't take things seriously."

The stay alert message applies to England

"I think staying alert as we start to go out more is very important, especially being alert to other people who seem to think going to a supermarket and wearing a face mask means they don't need to socially distance its about being alert to other idiots who don't take things seriously.

The stay alert message applies to England "

England is full of idiots then?

I'm a key worker, travelling back and forth to work only and I see so many cars on the road now,so many people out and about,

people need to stay and home, lockdown is not over and has not been relaxed,

"I'm a key worker, travelling back and forth to work only and I see so many cars on the road now,so many people out and about,

people need to stay and home, lockdown is not over and has not been relaxed, "

Are you a locksmith?

Falkirk

Folks are saying fuck it and will manipulate the guidlines to suit themselves.

"I'm a key worker, travelling back and forth to work only and I see so many cars on the road now,so many people out and about,

people need to stay and home, lockdown is not over and has not been relaxed, "

With the number of key workers on fab alone, I'm unsurprised the roads are busy

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

When you catch the virus and pass it on to others, friends and family and possibly passing a death sentence, will you blame the person you caught it from or reflect on your own selfish agenda of wanting to sunbathe in the park or the local beach?

The massage is clear enough . Stay Home . If you want to go exercise more that you need just because you can then your a fool and risk endangering your family members.

Unbelievable that they can tell people to return to work in England without publishing the guidelines first.

"The massage is clear enough . Stay Home . If you want to go exercise more that you need just because you can then your a fool and risk endangering your family members.

Unbelievable that they can tell people to return to work in England without publishing the guidelines first. "

This makes incredibly little sense

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"The massage is clear enough . Stay Home . If you want to go exercise more that you need just because you can then your a fool and risk endangering your family members.

Unbelievable that they can tell people to return to work in England without publishing the guidelines first. "

But people will go out and exercise more because they can.

Unbelievable that they can tell people to return to work in England without publishing the guidelines first.

This makes incredibly little sense "

So the message in Scotland is exactly the same as it was apart from you can go outside and exercise more as long as you social distance . For those going out more to exercise are taking unnecessary risks in my opinion.

The second part is regarding England and the fact that public transport like the tube in London have been packed without people distancing. The PM has stated for people to return to work without issuing the guidelines he will announce this afternoon . This is a shambles . Again only my opinion.

So the message in Scotland is exactly the same as it was apart from you can go outside and exercise more as long as you social distance . For those going out more to exercise are taking unnecessary risks in my opinion.

The second part is regarding England and the fact that public transport like the tube in London have been packed without people distancing. The PM has stated for people to return to work without issuing the guidelines he will announce this afternoon . This is a shambles . Again only my opinion. "

Not everyone is at risk of bumping off their family members if they go out for a walk more than once a day

She hasn’t split from rest?

It’s England that has....

Wales & N.lreland are same stay home?

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

The second part is regarding England and the fact that public transport like the tube in London have been packed without people distancing. The PM has stated for people to return to work without issuing the guidelines he will announce this afternoon . This is a shambles . Again only my opinion.

Not everyone is at risk of bumping off their family members if they go out for a walk more than once a day "

For me i feel far safer going out for 10 lone walks a day than doing 1 x 12hr shift at work.

We would have been supported by the rest of Europe like any other European country

We would have been supported by the rest of Europe like any other European country"

An independent Scotland wouldn’t have been part of the eu

edinburgh

We would have been supported by the rest of Europe like any other European country"

Like the EU supported Italy?

By *ullie-kingMan  over a year ago

Wishaw

I don’t understand the confusion people seem to be having regarding the recent announcement... no wonder people were doing the fucking conga to Vera Lynn with the neighbours after a few pimms on VE Day...I think a fair proportion of the population lack common sense...

It’s pretty simple...FOR NOW the only changes are;

??Work from home if you can. Construction workers can return to work if they’re able to adhere to social distancing while there. Avoid public transport to get there where at all possible.

??Stay at home apart from exercise (which is no longer restricted to 1 hour, once a day. It can now be done in parks and sports can be played with the family you live with) whilst observing social distancing rules.

??Depending on the response to these measures we may see more shops and businesses & primary schools opening from the start of June...all dependant on the figures.

??Potentially seeing hospitality begin to open at the start of July...all depandant on the figures.

It’s not rocket science!

Don’t twist words & overcomplicate the simple to hear what you want to hear...

STAY AT HOME unless you need to go out.

Only go to work if you can get there safely & CANNOT WORK FROM HOME & you are able to practice social distancing at work.

Exercising is unlimited WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD but still using social distancing and common sense.

This post more or less sums everything up. The messages by the UK prime minister and Scotlands 1st minger were misleading at times.

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think sturgeon has done very well tbh. Much much better than Boris.

Nothing has changed in Scotland except exercise more if you like.

Meanwhile in England it looks like carnage and very confused.

Just giving my opinion. All politics aside.

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

The message from Scotland is a ton clearer than the message from Westminster. Not entirely sure what the issue is here at all. To make the sarcastic comments “stay unless you go out” and blaiming Nicola Sturgeon for that rationale is bonkers. Did you not see Boris Johnson yesterday?

"The message from Scotland is a ton clearer than the message from Westminster. Not entirely sure what the issue is here at all. To make the sarcastic comments “stay unless you go out” and blaiming Nicola Sturgeon for that rationale is bonkers. Did you not see Boris Johnson yesterday?"

Can I ask a question then,

If the message is a ton clearer from Scotland is it the Scottish population that's thick as mince ?

My rational behind that is simple, if the message is clear, why is Scotland's deaths per number of population higher than in England . Nearly double England's death rate per head of population.

Secondly if the message is clear why did the first minister say scotland's spread of c19 is greater than south of the border and that's why she's not following Bojo's timescale. If it's so clear why is it so much more worse in Scotland or is NS playing politics. ? I know which one I think it is.

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

"The message from Scotland is a ton clearer than the message from Westminster. Not entirely sure what the issue is here at all. To make the sarcastic comments “stay unless you go out” and blaiming Nicola Sturgeon for that rationale is bonkers. Did you not see Boris Johnson yesterday?

If the message is a ton clearer from Scotland is it the Scottish population that's thick as mince ?

My rational behind that is simple, if the message is clear, why is Scotland's deaths per number of population higher than in England . Nearly double England's death rate per head of population.

Secondly if the message is clear why did the first minister say scotland's spread of c19 is greater than south of the border and that's why she's not following Bojo's timescale. If it's so clear why is it so much more worse in Scotland or is NS playing politics. ? I know which one I think it is.

"

Scottish people are less healthy in comparison to English.

The health of the Scottish population is, and has been for many years, worse than that of the English. Probably why Scottish people are getting hit worse than the rest of the UK.

Falkirk

Its funny all these people commenting on the post, people are fucking stupid there are idiots fucking everywhere.

Do you tell these people they are stupid and idiots when you see them?

And as an aside, I wonder how an independent Scotland would have coped with the present situation?

Would we be bankrupt? :-

o"

Try and get facts right it was england who split from rest of uk,and at the moment independence is the last thing on ppls minds

Must be all the deep fried Mars bars thats done it to our health

Glasgowish

"Must be all the deep fried Mars bars thats done it to our health "

I blame the irn bru

Falkirk

"Must be all the deep fried Mars bars thats done it to our health

I blame the irn bru "

Out the fridge in a glass bottle.

I blame the irn bru "

Dash of vodka included blue!

Glasgowish

I blame the irn bru

Dash of vodka included blue! "

Oh goodness no i can not stand irn bru and the only thing i can drink vodka with is ginger beer.

glasgow

"The message from Scotland is a ton clearer than the message from Westminster. Not entirely sure what the issue is here at all. To make the sarcastic comments “stay unless you go out” and blaiming Nicola Sturgeon for that rationale is bonkers. Did you not see Boris Johnson yesterday?

"

Can I ask a question then? If the death rate in Scotland is higher then why would you want Scotland to follow Boris Johnson’s timescale???

I blame the irn bru

Dash of vodka included blue!

Oh goodness no i can not stand irn bru and the only thing i can drink vodka with is ginger beer."

That's your order taken

Glasgowish

Can I ask a question then? If the death rate in Scotland is higher then why would you want Scotland to follow Boris Johnson’s timescale???"

That is a good question and here is how i feel although no doubt will be corrected. Alot of mistakes were made at the beginning causing the rapid spread of the virus. People were going on holidays, nobody was getting tested and hospitals and care homes did not have the proper equipment to keep themslves and others safe. Alot has been learnt from these mistakes although sadly many lives lost. The virus will be around for years to come but life can not be put on hold forever. People are getting restless and worrying about finances, businesses and education. I feel it is time to move forward slightly week by week and hopefully people will be wise enough to stay cautious and remain aware that this virus is a killer.

[Removed by poster at 11/05/20 23:57:59]

glasgow

Can I ask a question then? If the death rate in Scotland is higher then why would you want Scotland to follow Boris Johnson’s timescale???

That is a good question and here is how i feel although no doubt will be corrected. Alot of mistakes were made at the beginning causing the rapid spread of the virus. People were going on holidays, nobody was getting tested and hospitals and care homes did not have the proper equipment to keep themslves and others safe. Alot has been learnt from these mistakes although sadly many lives lost. The virus will be around for years to come but life can not be put on hold forever. People are getting restless and worrying about finances, businesses and education. I feel it is time to move forward slightly week by week and hopefully people will be wise enough to stay cautious and remain aware that this virus is a killer."

I absolutely agree with that.

My main comment was that Scotland’s response is clearer that Westminster’s. The whole don’t go out unless you’re going out comment is magnified significantly by the Boris speech. Whether you like Scotland’s stance on it (personally as someone who is in the high risk category I am happy to work from home as long as possible - a luxury I am all too aware that not everyone has - however for me the difference between going back to an office too soon or not is a bit more life and death so I’m happy to a little selfish in that regard) it was a lot clearer than Westminster... which was my initial argument.

I’m not saying Scotland’s stance isn’t frustrating for some... however the original poster was slagging it off for being being pretty vague. Vague was what we got on Sunday from the Prime Minister.

It feels strange having a go at Nicola Sturgeon for that and ignoring Boris. That was literally all I was saying.

As an aside, though, this lockdown ending is going to inevitable lead to another surge and a potential second lockdown.... and probably another emergency response in the winter... with smaller and smaller waves happening after that until we get a working vaccine out there.

Of course our economy is going to suffer if we keep the lockdown and there’s not much we can do about that and people will need to start going back to work in some way shape or form...

But more people are going to die and that’s just a cold hard sad fact.

So if you don’t have to go out don’t go out. That much is pretty clear.

By *ungscotsman26Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

That is a good question and here is how i feel although no doubt will be corrected. Alot of mistakes were made at the beginning causing the rapid spread of the virus. People were going on holidays, nobody was getting tested and hospitals and care homes did not have the proper equipment to keep themslves and others safe. Alot has been learnt from these mistakes although sadly many lives lost. The virus will be around for years to come but life can not be put on hold forever. People are getting restless and worrying about finances, businesses and education. I feel it is time to move forward slightly week by week and hopefully people will be wise enough to stay cautious and remain aware that this virus is a killer.

I absolutely agree with that.

My main comment was that Scotland’s response is clearer that Westminster’s. The whole don’t go out unless you’re going out comment is magnified significantly by the Boris speech. Whether you like Scotland’s stance on it (personally as someone who is in the high risk category I am happy to work from home as long as possible - a luxury I am all too aware that not everyone has - however for me the difference between going back to an office too soon or not is a bit more life and death so I’m happy to a little selfish in that regard) it was a lot clearer than Westminster... which was my initial argument.

I’m not saying Scotland’s stance isn’t frustrating for some... however the original poster was slagging it off for being being pretty vague. Vague was what we got on Sunday from the Prime Minister.

It feels strange having a go at Nicola Sturgeon for that and ignoring Boris. That was literally all I was saying.

As an aside, though, this lockdown ending is going to inevitable lead to another surge and a potential second lockdown.... and probably another emergency response in the winter... with smaller and smaller waves happening after that until we get a working vaccine out there.

Of course our economy is going to suffer if we keep the lockdown and there’s not much we can do about that and people will need to start going back to work in some way shape or form...

But more people are going to die and that’s just a cold hard sad fact.

So if you don’t have to go out don’t go out. That much is pretty clear."

edinburgh

After decrying the “Stay Alert” message a mere 48 hours ago Nicola Sturgeon is now telling us to “Remain Vigilant”

Sturgeons plan to ease lockdown won’t be a numbered document but it will be an A to E list and instead of being colour coded will have a selection of clan tartans just to be different

"After decrying the “Stay Alert” message a mere 48 hours ago Nicola Sturgeon is now telling us to “Remain Vigilant”

Sturgeons plan to ease lockdown won’t be a numbered document but it will be an A to E list and instead of being colour coded will have a selection of clan tartans just to be different

"

Yip your def a banger lol

"After decrying the “Stay Alert” message a mere 48 hours ago Nicola Sturgeon is now telling us to “Remain Vigilant”

"

Is this the wrong time to say I'd pump Nicola Sturgeon.

nothing wrong with either message whether stay home or stay alert,

these messages are simply for people who need to be told what to do

people that need to be lead by the hand and have lack of common sense

for most of us, you listen to daily updates and get on with your life,

nothing wrong with stay alert, keep your head out of your phone when out, look around you, see others approaching and avoid

This is not the end of the world, life can be good if you open your eyes.

[Removed by poster at 12/05/20 15:29:10]

What figures are you using to come to the conclusion that the Scottish death rate is twice that of England? You could be right but the figures I have seen suggest it is fairly similar per head of population

"What figures are you using to come to the conclusion that the Scottish death rate is twice that of England? You could be right but the figures I have seen suggest it is fairly similar per head of population "

Scotland population roughly 6.5 million and approx 6000 deaths

England's population 60 million roughly and total deaths so far in uk is around 32000. Doing the maths that means over the rest of uk there's been 26000 deaths. About half the deaths compared to Scotland figures per population . That's my take on it anyway.

"What figures are you using to come to the conclusion that the Scottish death rate is twice that of England? You could be right but the figures I have seen suggest it is fairly similar per head of population

England's population 60 million roughly and total deaths so far in uk is around 32000. Doing the maths that means over the rest of uk there's been 26000 deaths. About half the deaths compared to Scotland figures per population . That's my take on it anyway."

whats an extra million for Scotland ehhhh

"What figures are you using to come to the conclusion that the Scottish death rate is twice that of England? You could be right but the figures I have seen suggest it is fairly similar per head of population

England's population 60 million roughly and total deaths so far in uk is around 32000. Doing the maths that means over the rest of uk there's been 26000 deaths. About half the deaths compared to Scotland figures per population . That's my take on it anyway."

The death toll in Scotland is around 1900, not 6000

I think the official Scottish figure is under 3000. There are different ways of using the statistics but when comparing like for like I am sure the numbers for England/ Wales and Scotland are similar. Personally I would expect the Scottish number to be slightly higher as we have an older population

glasgow

England's population 60 million roughly and total deaths so far in uk is around 32000. Doing the maths that means over the rest of uk there's been 26000 deaths. About half the deaths compared to Scotland figures per population . That's my take on it anyway.

The death toll in Scotland is around 1900, not 6000"

It’s higher than 1900 but nowhere near 6000. New figures are due out tomorrow but we’re currently at around 3000...ish

The death toll in Scotland is around 1900, not 6000

It’s higher than 1900 but nowhere near 6000. New figures are due out tomorrow but we’re currently at around 3000...ish"

The figure I quoted was from the Scottish government website today

Based on the figures today the scottish death rate is actually slightly lower than the English figure, with 1,912 report deaths in Scotland, a total of 32,692 for the UK, take into account Wales and Northern Ireland, then the English death count would be 29,455. As a percent of population that puts Scotland at 0.035% with England at 0.053%.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"What figures are you using to come to the conclusion that the Scottish death rate is twice that of England? You could be right but the figures I have seen suggest it is fairly similar per head of population "

They are similar which kinda makes a mockery of the claims that Sturgeon has managed the crisis so much better than Boris.

By *un4us2getherCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

They are similar which kinda makes a mockery of the claims that Sturgeon has managed the crisis so much better than Boris."

Maybe just maybe people are more inclined to listen to her because she doesnt hide in fridges and faces the media every day.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I hope an audit gets done of the figure as I believe there’s a lot of cases not being counted. Also I’d like to know how many tests were taken and actually processed in labs.

Since the Nike situation has now come to light I’m disappointed in the handling of it. I work near the store in Glasgow and there was a lot of speculation as to why it was closed. I think there should’ve been an announcement as many may have been in contact with the delegates that weren’t traced.

Penicuik

They are similar which kinda makes a mockery of the claims that Sturgeon has managed the crisis so much better than Boris."

Her ratings have never been higher at home. Are you suggesting the WHO and other countries are talking pish in their praise for her handling this.

Haters gonna hate regardless if she shit gold bars in your lap

Penicuik

Around 25% of care home deaths in England were not attributed to care homes because the residents died in hospital. This explains why England's care home/hospital death ratio is lower and the care home death tally is lower. The residents were counted in the hospital death tally.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq2CMa2XzP4&noapp=1

Penicuik

"Around 25% of care home deaths in England were not attributed to care homes because the residents died in hospital. This explains why England's care home/hospital death ratio is lower and the care home death tally is lower. The residents were counted in the hospital death tally.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq2CMa2XzP4&noapp=1 "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq2CMa2XzP4

Correct link, dam phone

By *rone2Man  over a year ago

Perthshire

NS is one of the best politicians in the UK, shes first class at public speaking but for me her politics are dangerous for Scotland and the whole of the UK and probably beyond.

Everything and I mean everything is about the end game, independence and the current different pay is all about politics.

If we locked everyone done till a vaccine was available we would save lives, but we wouldn't have an economy left and that means, state spending would be even more greatly reduced, thats less for nhs, schools, benefits, roads etc etc

There is a fair bit to be said for Trump's approach, the cure could be worse than the virus.

One thing for sure, if Scotland had got independence before the banking crisis, as it tried we would now be fucked, especially will oil at one point down to Zero usd.

Empty vessels make most noise and in this case it is very true!

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

Please, please, please don't let us go down the Trump route

Even The Lancet is now speaking out against him!

Of Trump thought that Coronavirus turned people into zombies he'd be calling out the National Guard

I'm just surprised that some of the militia groups haven't taken things into their own hands

Penicuik

"One thing for sure, if Scotland had got independence before the banking crisis, as it tried we would now be fucked, especially will oil at one point down to Zero usd.

Empty vessels make most noise and in this case it is very true!"

Norway has taken $41 billion from its $1trillion oil fund to bolster its economy.

Scotland’s oil fund was spent on nuclear weapons, illegal wars, tax cuts for corporations and bailing out bankers

"

Scotland’s oil fund was spent on nuclear weapons, illegal wars, tax cuts for corporations and bailing out bankers "

Can you send the link to your source of information that backs up all the things you've claimed here.

Penicuik

"

Scotland’s oil fund was spent on nuclear weapons, illegal wars, tax cuts for corporations and bailing out bankers

Can you send the link to your source of information that backs up all the things you've claimed here.

"

Unless we’ve done away with all the above which we haven’t it’s pretty obvious to even the most political layman

"

Unless we’ve done away with all the above which we haven’t it’s pretty obvious to even the most political layman "

So no link then.

That's all you had to say.

Are you just cherry picking the bad things, where did the money come from that built schools, gave free education etc etc.

Or were they gifts, as all the money was spent on illegal wars etc.

Your the chappie that loves to get to the bottom of people's claims and asks for their sources.

I'm simply asking for your source of information or should I file it under rant.

Penicuik

"

Unless we’ve done away with all the above which we haven’t it’s pretty obvious to even the most political layman

So no link then.

Are you just cherry picking the bad things, where did the money come from that built schools, gave free education etc etc.

Your the chappie that loves to get to the bottom of people's claims and asks for their sources.

I'm simply asking for your source of information or should I file it under rant. "

It’s not my job to hold your hand for information that’s widely available. It’s your job to back up your claim that my info is wrong.

See how this works now ?

"

So no link then.

I'm simply asking for your source of information or should I file it under rant.

It’s not my job to hold your hand for information that’s widely available. It’s your job to back up your claim that my info is wrong.

See how this works now ? "

Lol so it's a rant then,

All you had to say

Penicuik

"

So no link then.

See how this works now ?

Lol so it's a rant then,

All you had to say "

Don’t even get me started on HS2

By *rone2Man  over a year ago

Perthshire

In recent months we have seen just hoi unpredictable the work can be and how quickly things can change.

I am more certain than ever that we need a nuclear defence system.

Compared to the current problem its cheap.

By *eachyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

the sunny South

Wow? And we wonder why we are in trouble. Please don’t believe any of the above readers. Do some research on the Scottish annual deficit. 2019. Compared to the UK. Please. Thank you.

By *obertELeeMan  over a year ago

Montrose

excellent message.

Exactly. Nicola Sturgeon is so out her depth it’s dangerous. Stay at home but feel free to leave your house as many times and for as long as you want. Talk about mixed messages from down south for crying out loud, look a lot closer to home before we start criticising others

Scotland lacks a leader who shows any sort of leadership. We are lucky to have a custodian in office who has anti Westminster rhetoric in abundance

Who’s like us "

» Add a new message to this topic