Glasgow

Mass stabbings seemingly

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *un4us2gether OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-53195939

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just heard on the radio armed police had entered a building in the city centre. Nothing about stabbings though...

World is going nuts.

Glasgow

"Just heard on the radio armed police had entered a building in the city centre. Nothing about stabbings though...

World is going nuts."

Seen some things on Facebook mentioning stabbings ..one police officer seemingly stabbed 5 times, sure we get further details soon but yep world is going mad.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Glasgow Live has a bit of a timeline of events but doesn't state who was involved.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Incident at the park inn hotel aparently armed police have shot someone after stabbings

Police officer being treated; speedy recovery to those injured and my prayers to the dead

The twat with the knife can go to hell

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Condolences to the victims and their families may they rest in peace .

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Just read this in the news. Horrible situation our hearts go out to everyone involved. Stay safe Glasgow.

3 civillians dead. Stabbing

1 suspect shot and killed by Police

1 Officer injured, stabbed.

West George Street from Nelson Mandela Pl to Blysthwood Square locked down

Scene is slowly being released.

Thoughts are with everyone involved

By *issyForDommeTV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

I hear two of the three dead are hotel staff.

As someone that often works alone at night, I'm glad my boss has kept the hotel locked down rather than cash in by housing the homeless.

My work is only a few blocks away so not next to it but still glad I'm just locked up in an empty place.

My sister is a police officer at the scene - can’t get through as she is obv working but seen her on the news!

It’s a horrible feeling watching event like that unfold on the news and seeing someone you love bang in the middle of it on TV.

By *ald EagleMan  over a year ago

Alloa

I back the Thin Blue line

"My sister is a police officer at the scene - can’t get through as she is obv working but seen her on the news!

It’s a horrible feeling watching event like that unfold on the news and seeing someone you love bang in the middle of it on TV.

"

Give her a hug and thanks from us all

"My sister is a police officer at the scene - can’t get through as she is obv working but seen her on the news!

Give her a hug and thanks from us all "

Thank You x

They are reporting now one confirmed dead and 6 critical but stable in hospital, terrible thing to happen

Always Back The Blue. Tell her Thanks.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Three dead, police officer in surgery and attacker dispatched.

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Three dead, police officer in surgery and attacker dispatched."

No that’s not correct. 1 dead (the attacker) 6 injured including a police officer

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

I do hope those injured recover fully or to a some what extent to some form off normal health despite what happened. I’m happy to see that the police and the other emergency services had a swift response potentially saving lives. One thing that baffles me however is that how this was NOT deemed terror related? At least that is what the news is reporting anyway?

"I do hope those injured recover fully or to a some what extent to some form off normal health despite what happened. I’m happy to see that the police and the other emergency services had a swift response potentially saving lives. One thing that baffles me however is that how this was NOT deemed terror related? At least that is what the news is reporting anyway?"

The hotel is being used to house asylum seekers. It was one of the asylum seeker residents that attacked other asylum seekers, hotel staff and police.

If you google things about Glasgow asylum seekers in hotels during lockdown you will see that there was warnings this type of thing could happen. Many have have mental health issues due to where they have came from, what they have been through and what they have seen and they need professional help.

Glasgow

"I do hope those injured recover fully or to a some what extent to some form off normal health despite what happened. I’m happy to see that the police and the other emergency services had a swift response potentially saving lives. One thing that baffles me however is that how this was NOT deemed terror related? At least that is what the news is reporting anyway?

The hotel is being used to house asylum seekers. It was one of the asylum seeker residents that attacked other asylum seekers, hotel staff and police.

If you google things about Glasgow asylum seekers in hotels during lockdown you will see that there was warnings this type of thing could happen. Many have have mental health issues due to where they have came from, what they have been through and what they have seen and they need professional help.

"

I've just read it was a white homeless person that went on rampage. Maybe we should all hold off on the speculation till its confirmed exactly what did happen .

By *sianmale89Man  over a year ago

Stockport

"

"

I am aware that the hotel was housing rehomed asylum seekers some especially who definitely required professional help. However what sort off puzzled me was that this incident had similarities to the recent attack in Reading yet was not declared terror related? I suppose until full details are released everything is up to speculation for now unless the deceased attacker had been declared mentally insane instead off having terror related motives.

Just something I heard about this incident, I heard it was a Brazilian guy and he just went mental cause the way they refugees were gettin treated in the hotel. it's a horrible thing to happen and hopefully this doesn't kick off other random idiots.

"Just something I heard about this incident, I heard it was a Brazilian guy and he just went mental cause the way they refugees were gettin treated in the hotel. it's a horrible thing to happen and hopefully this doesn't kick off other random idiots."

angry about the way refugees are being treated so stab them ... safe to say if that is true then with that logic the guy clearly had mental health problems

"Just something I heard about this incident, I heard it was a Brazilian guy and he just went mental cause the way they refugees were gettin treated in the hotel. it's a horrible thing to happen and hopefully this doesn't kick off other random idiots.

angry about the way refugees are being treated so stab them ... safe to say if that is true then with that logic the guy clearly had mental health problems "

I think the Brazilian was a asylum seeker , im sure I read it was hotel staff and a police officer that was stabbed, but again this is all just people talking think we will need to wait till we hear officially what actually happened.

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Just something I heard about this incident, I heard it was a Brazilian guy and he just went mental cause the way they refugees were gettin treated in the hotel. it's a horrible thing to happen and hopefully this doesn't kick off other random idiots."

He was Sudanese! And was a resident of the hotel!

Glasgow

"Just something I heard about this incident, I heard it was a Brazilian guy and he just went mental cause the way they refugees were gettin treated in the hotel. it's a horrible thing to happen and hopefully this doesn't kick off other random idiots.

He was Sudanese! And was a resident of the hotel! "

And according to reports mentally unstable ..begs the question why was he in there when should have been under medical supervision.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

And according to reports mentally unstable ..begs the question why was he in there when should have been under medical supervision."

There are 1000's of people with mental health issues in the community as there is nowhere else to put them. Very sad.

I've just heard...

There is a few Fab Forum Isas.

"I do hope those injured recover fully or to a some what extent to some form off normal health despite what happened. I’m happy to see that the police and the other emergency services had a swift response potentially saving lives. One thing that baffles me however is that how this was NOT deemed terror related? At least that is what the news is reporting anyway?

I've just read it was a white homeless person that went on rampage. Maybe we should all hold off on the speculation till its confirmed exactly what did happen . "

It wasn’t speculation as I knew it was an asylum seeker. I was involved in the home office contract previously and still know a load of people involved in it so we got word about it pretty quickly.

And according to reports mentally unstable ..begs the question why was he in there when should have been under medical supervision.

There are 1000's of people with mental health issues in the community as there is nowhere else to put them. Very sad."

This isn’t exactly true. I’m not sure how much you know about the asylum seekers contract but these people were put out of their houses and into accommodation that isn’t fit for them. Having worked with them I know personally that some are a danger and it’s on their reports. However the contractor didn’t reference these reports, and they admitted that this week, when grouping them together in hotels with families and people that are vulnerable.

"I've just heard...

There is a few Fab Forum Isas.

"

my favourites are the social media lot with “i was just on that street in 1999 aswel, could have so easily been me”

Glasgow

There are 1000's of people with mental health issues in the community as there is nowhere else to put them. Very sad.

This isn’t exactly true. I’m not sure how much you know about the asylum seekers contract but these people were put out of their houses and into accommodation that isn’t fit for them. Having worked with them I know personally that some are a danger and it’s on their reports. However the contractor didn’t reference these reports, and they admitted that this week, when grouping them together in hotels with families and people that are vulnerable.

"

I was talking about people in general

Glasgow

"

Why were they put out of their houses?

Why were they put out of their houses?"

Repairs were needing done and the contractor didn’t have the staff due to covid to do them. However the contractor had been cutting staff numbers before lockdown and the repairs were already mounting up. They could have easily brought in help from other firms as these could have been classed as key work so people with mental health issues wouldn’t have been in that environment.

There’s loads about it online if you look up groups like no evictions Scotland etc.

One asylum seeker took his own life last week and there are over 100 on hunger strike due to the conditions.

Some of the asylum seekers files say things like “no woman workers allowed in their property” and “at least 2 men on job as they are volatile”

They were all grouped together with families with no regard for their mental health or anyone else’s safety

Glasgow

"Some of the asylum seekers files say things like “no woman workers allowed in their property” and “at least 2 men on job as they are volatile”

They were all grouped together with families with no regard for their mental health or anyone else’s safety "

Be loads of questions to be answered then, and imagine a few heads on plates. Assuming by some of the things you state are on files,some of these asylum seekers are a danger to the public ?

"Some of the asylum seekers files say things like “no woman workers allowed in their property” and “at least 2 men on job as they are volatile”

They were all grouped together with families with no regard for their mental health or anyone else’s safety

Be loads of questions to be answered then, and imagine a few heads on plates. Assuming by some of the things you state are on files,some of these asylum seekers are a danger to the public ?"

Probably.

I never understood how women weren’t allowed to work in their houses yet they were housed in tenements where families stay. Lack of accommodation is a big issue

The Scottish government are welcoming asylum seekers with no where to accommodate them. Some of the stories I’ve heard from them about watching their kids being killed in front of them etc is horrific. If we are going to bring them here and accept them we need to facilitate their needs.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

The police officer is out of danger. I have a friend in the police force.

I just don’t understand why they put 100 people in a hotel. It wasn’t just about repairs, it was about keeping them in a controlled environment. Just a shame about the innocent hotel staff and police officer. They put people from different ethnic minorities in one place for 3 months and don’t expect trouble?

The people who made those decisions to move them should be investigated. The press also need to be careful how they report these incidents. Some said there had been fatalities without knowing the full facts.

"The police officer is out of danger. I have a friend in the police force.

I just don’t understand why they put 100 people in a hotel. It wasn’t just about repairs, it was about keeping them in a controlled environment. Just a shame about the innocent hotel staff and police officer. They put people from different ethnic minorities in one place for 3 months and don’t expect trouble?

The people who made those decisions to move them should be investigated. The press also need to be careful how they report these incidents. Some said there had been fatalities without knowing the full facts.

"

No it wasn’t just about repairs but that’s how they were getting them to move out. If the contractor doesn’t carry out repairs within a certain time frame they get massive fines from the home office so this was a way around that. It was ultimately about control though. Hotel detention

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

I remember a politician’s words about not wanting to live next door to a large number of... oh I can’t remember. Seems to me if you have a group of people who are treated as sub human they will not be humanitarian.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

They were all grouped together with families with no regard for their mental health or anyone else’s safety "

I work in social housing and many of the general population have similar details on file.

What I'm saying is people of all backgrounds have mental health issues, volatile, markers not to visit alone, no females or cant be housed near children.

I dont see why this is being turned into a media frenzy because it involves asylum seekers. Regardless of background or skin colour etc someone has committed a terrible crime and I wish everyone affected by those actions a speedy recovery both physically and mentally.

I work in social housing and many of the general population have similar details on file.

What I'm saying is people of all backgrounds have mental health issues, volatile, markers not to visit alone, no females or cant be housed near children.

I dont see why this is being turned into a media frenzy because it involves asylum seekers. Regardless of background or skin colour etc someone has committed a terrible crime and I wish everyone affected by those actions a speedy recovery both physically and mentally. "

I dont see why this is being turned into a media frenzy because it involves asylum seekers. Regardless of background or skin colour etc someone has committed a terrible crime and I wish everyone affected by those actions a speedy recovery both physically and mentally. "

Because that's the flavour of the month where the media is concerned, it's what sells newspapers. It's irrelevant that there are many many Scots people with mental health issues during covid that have not been receiving their normal treatments or mental health appointments. But now it's being talked about as if it's someone else's fault he resorted to stabbing people. He had issues no doubt just like thousands of other Scottish people. There not going out stabbing people though. Race had nothing to do with it in my opinion.

I dont see why this is being turned into a media frenzy because it involves asylum seekers. Regardless of background or skin colour etc someone has committed a terrible crime and I wish everyone affected by those actions a speedy recovery both physically and mentally.

Because that's the flavour of the month where the media is concerned, it's what sells newspapers. It's irrelevant that there are many many Scots people with mental health issues during covid that have not been receiving their normal treatments or mental health appointments. But now it's being talked about as if it's someone else's fault he resorted to stabbing people. He had issues no doubt just like thousands of other Scottish people. There not going out stabbing people though. Race had nothing to do with it in my opinion."

My sister tried to take her own life and was told she would wait over a year to receive help. Mental health care in scotland is terrible and needs addressing

Because that's the flavour of the month where the media is concerned, it's what sells newspapers. It's irrelevant that there are many many Scots people with mental health issues during covid that have not been receiving their normal treatments or mental health appointments. But now it's being talked about as if it's someone else's fault he resorted to stabbing people. He had issues no doubt just like thousands of other Scottish people. There not going out stabbing people though. Race had nothing to do with it in my opinion."

I have my own opinion about them being here. However working with them some of them are the nicest people you will ever meet. Mental health in Scotland is a massive issue. Over the past 2 weeks 3 young people in my area under the age of 21 have taken their own life.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Because that's the flavour of the month where the media is concerned, it's what sells newspapers. It's irrelevant that there are many many Scots people with mental health issues during covid that have not been receiving their normal treatments or mental health appointments. But now it's being talked about as if it's someone else's fault he resorted to stabbing people. He had issues no doubt just like thousands of other Scottish people. There not going out stabbing people though. Race had nothing to do with it in my opinion.

My sister tried to take her own life and was told she would wait over a year to receive help. Mental health care in scotland is terrible and needs addressing "

I hope your sister is ok. I do agree that mental health services for adults and children are woefully underfunded and they don’t get the support that’s needed immediately. I’ve had experience with CAMHS for one of my kids. Took ages to get an appointment.

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My sister tried to take her own life and was told she would wait over a year to receive help. Mental health care in scotland is terrible and needs addressing

I hope your sister is ok. I do agree that mental health services for adults and children are woefully underfunded and they don’t get the support that’s needed immediately. I’ve had experience with CAMHS for one of my kids. Took ages to get an appointment. "

Unfortunately camhs is still the same. We are currently on a 18 month waiting list x

» Add a new message to this topic