FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Step aside Nicola

Step aside Nicola

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it time for Nicola Sturgeon to either scale back her daily briefings or at least let her cabinet host some of them? It’s getting to the point that they are becoming more of a party political broadcast. Why do WE pay an education minister over £100k a year if he doesn’t even make an important announcement about schools returning?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ooooh your in trouble...Did you not get the E-mail?....No one is allowed to critcise our dear leader.....Even if all she does is wait two weeks and parrot whatever Boris has said.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it time for Nicola Sturgeon to either scale back her daily briefings or at least let her cabinet host some of them? It’s getting to the point that they are becoming more of a party political broadcast. Why do WE pay an education minister over £100k a year if he doesn’t even make an important announcement about schools returning?"

Can you give any example of her using the breifings as a party political broadcast ?

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Aye, we need less effective leadership.

Look to the Tories and Mister Carcrash. RIP.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

I've not once seen her use the briefing aa a political forum, in fact when journalists try to make it political she immediately shits them down.

K

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not the place for this i feel, surely this should be in the Politics forum?....But she is not effective...She is clinging onto her job as the factions within the SNP rally against her.....I think she will go after next years elections under pressure from Salmond and his acolytes

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

NICOLA Sturgeon has made it into the top five of a new list of the world's most eloquent leaders.

Scotland's First Minister was described as "clear, calm and compassionate" by the experts who drew up the list.

It was topped by New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, who was praised for her "empathetic leadership style".

Professional development coaches from the Development Academy wing of Acuity Training compiled the list after re_iewing more than 100 hours of footage from press conferences, speeches and other public addresses throughout 2020.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-makes-top-five-list-worlds-most-eloquent-leaders-2928507%3famp

Car Crash Carlaw yet another one seen off by NS apparently continued sore knees with bending down to his London paymasters

"she immediately shits them down"

Boke.

By *uan23Man  over a year ago

A nearby village

Eloquence should've be no way be mistaken for competence!

Penicuik

"Eloquence should've be no way be mistaken for competence! "

That’s the clear, calm and compassionate part

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

It pains me greatly as a life long Tory but she has more leadership and accountability in her little finger than Boris has in his entire being....

Penicuik

"It pains me greatly as a life long Tory"

Blocked and reported

[Removed by poster at 30/07/20 18:45:12]

"Is it time for Nicola Sturgeon to either scale back her daily briefings or at least let her cabinet host some of them? It’s getting to the point that they are becoming more of a party political broadcast. Why do WE pay an education minister over £100k a year if he doesn’t even make an important announcement about schools returning?"

She may be eloquent but I have found her daily briefings tedious and patronising. Can’t help but feel that she is getting off on the power and control she has over everyone.

Let’s face it, if she can’t look like more of a leader than BoJo then she might as well pack it in.

By *ald EagleMan  over a year ago

Alloa

When Scotland has a higher deaths per million rate than the rest of the UK, and it’s one of the worse in Europe, why do some still think Stuegeon has “had a good pandemic”?

Even bumbling Boris managed to get England’s rate lower than ours.

And don’t even mention Scottish Care homes death rates!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"It pains me greatly as a life long Tory

Blocked and reported "

Penicuik

"When Scotland has a higher deaths per million rate than the rest of the UK, and it’s one of the worse in Europe, why do some still think Stuegeon has “had a good pandemic”?

And don’t even mention Scottish Care homes death rates!"

Interested to see those figures and source ?

"Is it time for Nicola Sturgeon to either scale back her daily briefings or at least let her cabinet host some of them? It’s getting to the point that they are becoming more of a party political broadcast. Why do WE pay an education minister over £100k a year if he doesn’t even make an important announcement about schools returning?

Can you give any example of her using the breifings as a party political broadcast ?"

None so blind as those who don't wish to see,

I can give you 2 examples and I rarely watch her daily eye rolls to the press questions nowadays,

Remember her wee political extention of Dumfries and Galloway lockdown restrictions, so many similar outbreaks all over Scotland , some way worse than the D and A outbreak yet no new localised lockdown, funny that.

Second , she stood on the podium and slated Bojo for being out on the campaign trail in Scotland as being a strange thing to do during a global pandemic and not staying home taking the big decisions.

The very next day, wee Nicola goes out doing the very sa me thing, why was she not back in Hollyrood practicing what she preached 18 hours earlier. If you can't see that as politically motivated her having a pop and locking a region down on the border then you are totally indy blinded.

"she has more leadership and accountability in her little finger than Boris has in his entire being...."

Took out the bit about lifelong Tory

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nicola is im my good books as she allowed me to get my nails done

Interestingly on the 8th July, the day NS announced Scotland wasn’t including Spain in our air bridge, Spain had 257 new cases in the last 24 hours.

On 20th July when she announced Spain was now included, Spain had 685 new cases. My maths isn’t great but that doesn’t seem very logical. A cynical person may suggest that she was playing political games...

"Interestingly on the 8th July, the day NS announced Scotland wasn’t including Spain in our air bridge, Spain had 257 new cases in the last 24 hours.

On 20th July when she announced Spain was now included, Spain had 685 new cases. My maths isn’t great but that doesn’t seem very logical. A cynical person may suggest that she was playing political games..."

Although I do appreciate how much hair and nails mean to the ladies on here (and maybe some of the men?)...

Because she is leading from the front which most good leaders do in a time of crisis. Briefings are not a party political broadcast and its not her fault if most are impressed with her manner and decision making.

By *unx2019Couple  over a year ago

Moray

Quite agree more important things going on apart from her highliting her own profile!!!!

By *exysamforuCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

She's a total leader simple. She will scale back her daily routine soon she has lead us through this Pandemic great but many issues need looked at in time. Care homes for one we have failed them but not as bad as the tories in England

"NICOLA Sturgeon has made it into the top five of a new list of the world's most eloquent leaders.

Scotland's First Minister was described as "clear, calm and compassionate" by the experts who drew up the list.

It was topped by New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, who was praised for her "empathetic leadership style".

Professional development coaches from the Development Academy wing of Acuity Training compiled the list after re_iewing more than 100 hours of footage from press conferences, speeches and other public addresses throughout 2020.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-makes-top-five-list-worlds-most-eloquent-leaders-2928507%3famp

Car Crash Carlaw yet another one seen off by NS apparently continued sore knees with bending down to his London paymasters

"

This

"It pains me greatly as a life long Tory but she has more leadership and accountability in her little finger than Boris has in his entire being...."

Nice to see objectivity

"Nicola is im my good books as she allowed me to get my nails done "

Hah! Brilliant lol

"Is it time for Nicola Sturgeon to either scale back her daily briefings or at least let her cabinet host some of them? It’s getting to the point that they are becoming more of a party political broadcast. Why do WE pay an education minister over £100k a year if he doesn’t even make an important announcement about schools returning?

Because she is leading from the front which most good leaders do in a time of crisis. Briefings are not a party political broadcast and its not her fault if most are impressed with her manner and decision making. "

Or envious of her...

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

"When Scotland has a higher deaths per million rate than the rest of the UK, and it’s one of the worse in Europe, why do some still think Stuegeon has “had a good pandemic”?

And don’t even mention Scottish Care homes death rates!"

Wrong Scotland does not even have the highest death rate in the UK as that dubious title belongs to England. I would like to see where you got that info.

"Not the place for this i feel, surely this should be in the Politics forum?....But she is not effective...She is clinging onto her job as the factions within the SNP rally against her.....I think she will go after next years elections under pressure from Salmond and his acolytes"

Yes, technically this should be in the political forum

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"She's a total leader simple. She will scale back her daily routine soon she has lead us through this Pandemic great but many issues need looked at in time. Care homes for one we have failed them but not as bad as the tories in England "

Only because England has more carehomes by far. What she done up here is equally wrong.

By *exysamforuCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

Mistakes have been made 100% but she has done a good job. Snp has never and will never have a leader like her in my lifetime

Scotland is the 3rd highest in Europe for deaths behind Spain and England by percentages,

No she has not done a good job at all

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Care homes for one we have failed them but not as bad as the tories in England "

Oh well that makes it alright then

Let’s leave Scotland versus England to Murrayfield eh. The age old separatist argument “not as bad as England”

edinburgh

Can you give any example of her using the breifings as a party political broadcast ?

None so blind as those who don't wish to see,

I can give you 2 examples and I rarely watch her daily eye rolls to the press questions nowadays,

Remember her wee political extention of Dumfries and Galloway lockdown restrictions, so many similar outbreaks all over Scotland , some way worse than the D and A outbreak yet no new localised lockdown, funny that.

Second , she stood on the podium and slated Bojo for being out on the campaign trail in Scotland as being a strange thing to do during a global pandemic and not staying home taking the big decisions.

The very next day, wee Nicola goes out doing the very sa me thing, why was she not back in Hollyrood practicing what she preached 18 hours earlier. If you can't see that as politically motivated her having a pop and locking a region down on the border then you are totally indy blinded. "

She was more than vocal criticising Dominic Cummings for going to his parents house while she went on a non essential trip to her hairdressers home to pick up hair dye and scissors. Sturgeon also backed and defended her medical officer who also went on a non essential journey to her second home. The woman is a hypocrite and has played politics throughout this whole shambolic affair.

Don’t forget after Boris made his first address after lockdown began and said “stay alert” and Sturgeon bleated on and on about not knowing what stay alert meant. A mere 18 hours later on the Nicola Sturgeon Show she told the Scottish public to “remain vigilant”

A quick dictionary check of “alert” returns the word “vigilant”

Don’t dare question her though or provide facts of her failings or the eyes will roll while being asked and her head will go from side to side when blustering and blundering her way through some incoherent drivel reply.

If only the opposition and media here had a backbone and actually called out and challenged this cretin.

Penicuik

"Scotland is the 3rd highest in Europe for deaths behind Spain and England by percentages,

No she has not done a good job at all"

Your talking about excess deaths. The very important word missed out is excess.

Other countries of similar size to scotland fared better because they have total control of their affairs. NS done a good job with what devolved powers we have.

I do not like Nicola Sturgeon as a politician. That said, she has generally handled the situation considerably better than Boris so far.

Her briefings contain a level of clarity often missing from the UK govt. efforts and are more focused.

Unfortunately I find her choice of language somewhat patronising at times and feel she should clearly state what her ultimate aim is - it appears as if she's pursuing an eradication strategy without actually saying it which I feel risks alienating those who are disadvantaged by it (in particular the young).

At this point I feel she needs to be clear about the end game or risk being seen as too cautious, however time will tell.

Penicuik

"If only the opposition and media here had a backbone and actually called out and challenged this cretin."

The Media is controlled by the Govt in London.

Rich tory donors.

It’s not NS fault the opposition is shit.

Scotland has rejected the tories for many many years but who controls us from London.

Get of your knees man

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"If only the opposition and media here had a backbone and actually called out and challenged this cretin.

Rich tory donors.

Scotland has rejected the tories for many many years but who controls us from London.

Get of your knees man

"

If you were an employer. What would you prefer? Someone who turned up every day and done a so so job or someone who turned up three or four days a week and done a superb job?

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

I don’t like watching her, her voice just grates on me. Don’t watch bojo either so don’t go getting upset I just check the daily numbers out online when they come up that’s all I need to know

By *sa and HarryCouple  over a year ago

motherwell

Can you give any example of her using the breifings as a party political broadcast ?"

"Scotland is the 3rd highest in Europe for deaths behind Spain and England by percentages,

Other countries of similar size to scotland fared better because they have total control of their affairs. NS done a good job with what devolved powers we have.

"

Public health is a devolved power so your point doesn’t really stand.

As has been shown by the difference in how lockdown restrictions have been eased, Scotland could have gone into lockdown earlier if NS had chosen to but she didn’t.

And as for the Nike conference and care homes...

She cannot point the finger at the UK Government, incompetent as they are, for those...

[Removed by poster at 31/07/20 06:03:52]

"If only the opposition and media here had a backbone and actually called out and challenged this cretin.

Rich tory donors."

Interested to see your source source ?

"

It’s not NS fault the opposition is shit. "

It's not the uk governments fault either NS Fucked up after the Nike conference or the tragedy she let happen in care homes.

"

Scotland has rejected the tories for many many years but who controls us from London."

That would be the people paying you to sip cocktails on fulough street.

"

What powers did she need to do better?

She is in charge of health, she is in charge of tax, she is in charge of the police,

Let's not forget that the Snp can't even hit any of its own targets for health and waiting lists and education. They even made it law about the waiting lists not just a target

She is in charge of health, she is in charge of tax, she is in charge of the police,

Let's not forget that the Snp can't even hit any of its own targets for health and waiting lists and education. They even made it law about the waiting lists not just a target"

Shes also in charge of spending, from her budget of approx 48 billion she has set aside a paltry 500 million towards covid. Very generous, NOT !!!, but she is finding routes for the extra 3.5 billion pounds the uk government gave her to combat covid that is on top of the furlough funding that the uk government is also paying for. Can all you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ?

Alloa

And don’t even mention Scottish Care homes death rates! Wrong Scotland does not even have the highest death rate in the UK as that dubious title belongs to England. I would like to see where you got that info.

"

Unfortunately it’s correct as the Stats issued showed it was true. At 1 point we were second to Belgium to the “prize” nobody wants.

And your getting yourself confused, it’s deaths per million population rate (Scotland 340, England 287, NI 311, Wales 541) not the one the FM keeps pushing which is based on a %.

If ANY leader is having a “good pandemic” it’s the NI leader who has the lowest excess deaths % across the UK of under 2%.

By *RD2020Man  over a year ago

Stirling

"Aye, we need less effective leadership.

Look to the Tories and Mister Carcrash. RIP."

What effective leadership? What has she done except hold us in lockdown longer? And the only reason she can do that is that Westminster is footing the bill!

Alloa

What effective leadership? What has she done except hold us in lockdown longer? And the only reason she can do that is that Westminster is footing the bill!"

Basically she is like a spoiled child playing with Dads credit card. Demands everything because someone else is paying for it all but refuses to accept accountability when her choices backfire and she’s spent all the money on other things that it wasn’t meant to for.

Penicuik

Public health is a devolved power so your point doesn’t really stand.

As has been shown by the difference in how lockdown restrictions have been eased, Scotland could have gone into lockdown earlier if NS had chosen to but she didn’t.

And as for the Nike conference and care homes...

She cannot point the finger at the UK Government, incompetent as they are, for those..."

Quite contradictory, public health is devolved but border control is reserved.

Folks flying in from all over world.

Private Care homes being staffed with folk bussed up from England during a pandemic

Penicuik

Rich tory donors.

Interested to see your source source ?

It's not the uk governments fault either NS Fucked up after the Nike conference or the tragedy she let happen in care homes.

That would be the people paying you to sip cocktails on fulough street. "

You don’t need a source to understand the Media is controlled by Westminster.

The propaganda and belittling Scotland is taken at every opportunity in the tabloids and telly that folk read and watch.

Google who owns every newspaper in UK. even the National who chase the indy Pound are controlled by the tory herald.

As yourself why the death figures for England are masked as UK, to hide the incompetence of London.

Ask yourself why the opposition is shit ?

Scottish Labour registered in London

Scottish tories registered in London

Lib Dem’s registered in London

SNP registered in Scotland

Only the SNP has Scotland’s interest at heart.

Car crash Carlaw sacked by London.

The Labour and tories are doing more for the Indy cause than the SNP.

In regards to Nike, Public Health England were “part of the Incident Management Team,” and were provided with “full details surrounding the circumstances of the infections.”

The UK public wasn’t told about this & SAGE continued to advise it was safe to go to mass gatherings.

Ah the cocktails. The ones I paid tax for. I truly love the yoon rage, hic

Penicuik

"Can all you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ? "

If Scotland is such a burden why doesn’t England cut us loose ?

And don’t even mention Scottish Care homes death rates! Wrong Scotland does not even have the highest death rate in the UK as that dubious title belongs to England. I would like to see where you got that info.

Unfortunately it’s correct as the Stats issued showed it was true. At 1 point we were second to Belgium to the “prize” nobody wants.

And your getting yourself confused, it’s deaths per million population rate (Scotland 340, England 287, NI 311, Wales 541) not the one the FM keeps pushing which is based on a %.

If ANY leader is having a “good pandemic” it’s the NI leader who has the lowest excess deaths % across the UK of under 2%."

Total Deaths 31/07/2020;

England - 41,398

Scotland - 566

Wales - 193

NI - 118

from this, it is easy to work out death rate per million

England 55.93 Million

Scotland 5.4 million

I think Scotland is doing not too bad Mr. Bumble.

Penicuik

Exactly

there have been 6 confirmed deaths in Scotland in July so far and for the UK [12 times the pop] as a whole there have been 2228. Per head of population that is 30 times higher (2228 divided by 72)

the infection rate in the last 7 days, per 1 million population, is 83.2 in England and 17.6 in Scotland, 4.7 times higher in England.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

What effective leadership? What has she done except hold us in lockdown longer? And the only reason she can do that is that Westminster is footing the bill!"

Westminister is borrowing on our behalf and is not footing the bill,we have been given 3.2billion from over a trillion they have borrowed and we will have to pay back near 11billion as we have to pay near 9% of anything they borrow so we are being shafted yet again

Let's not forget that the Snp can't even hit any of its own targets for health and waiting lists and education. They even made it law about the waiting lists not just a target

Shes also in charge of spending, from her budget of approx 48 billion she has set aside a paltry 500 million towards covid. Very generous, NOT !!!, but she is finding routes for the extra 3.5 billion pounds the uk government gave her to combat covid that is on top of the furlough funding that the uk government is also paying for. Can all you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ? "

We would have borrowed just the same as any other country has done

By *ootall2920Man  over a year ago

scotland

"

Ah the cocktails. The ones I paid tax for. I truly love the yoon rage, hic "

We haven't paid for the cocktails yet. We're going to be settling that bar tab for a while.

Because Nicola is very astute and aware that she is the only one in her party with an ounce of personality/media image/savvy call it what you will, sohas to do everything should we all get bored and forget her , and corona is a great pre cursor for indyref 2, because her party are zealots who can’t accept the meaning of democracy

Penicuik

"

Ah the cocktails. The ones I paid tax for. I truly love the yoon rage, hic

We haven't paid for the cocktails yet. We're going to be settling that bar tab for a while. "

*gulp* truth be told I’ve spent an absolute fortune being on furlough.

Sooner I’m back working the better before the aul bank manager has a word

Scotland has the 3rd highest death toll behind Spain and England which is a disgrace in a country of 6 million people but hey we are beating England right?

In Europe I should add

Basically we are the worst ‘small’ country in Europe at fighting Covid but go Nicola !

Penicuik

"Scotland has the 3rd highest death toll behind Spain and England which is a disgrace in a country of 6 million people but hey we are beating England right? "

Again, your talking about EXCESS death rate.

Familiarise yourself with the “difference”

Scotland’s pissing against the wind shackled to London. See the problem here ?

Because Nicola is very astute and aware that she is the only one in her party with an ounce of personality/media image/savvy call it what you will, sohas to do everything should we all get bored and forget her , and corona is a great pre cursor for indyref 2, because her party are zealots who can’t accept the meaning of democracy "

Democracy is about being able to change your mind esp when you realize you have been consistently lied to

"Basically we are the worst ‘small’ country in Europe at fighting Covid but go Nicola !"

Utter rubbish

"Scotland has the 3rd highest death toll behind Spain and England which is a disgrace in a country of 6 million people but hey we are beating England right?

Scotland’s pissing against the wind shackled to London. See the problem here ? "

Why is Estonia, Latvia, Holland and many more the same size beating us with their EXCESS death rate?

Penicuik

"Scotland has the 3rd highest death toll behind Spain and England which is a disgrace in a country of 6 million people but hey we are beating England right?

Scotland’s pissing against the wind shackled to London. See the problem here ?

Why is Estonia, Latvia, Holland and many more the same size beating us with their EXCESS death rate? "

They are independent countries.

Has the penny dropped yet ?

Covid deaths over the last twelve days:

Scotland:

0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

England:

78,119, 7, 13, 61, 123, 53, 78, 110, 11, 27, 40

"Nicola is im my good books as she allowed me to get my nails done "

And travel on a train in a lovely red dress....

I like your social distancing tactics, leg across the seat next to you so nobody sits there. Clever!

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Kintore

Death toll in England for the month of July -2132

Death toll in Scotland for July - 9

Let us debate why we seem to be winning the fight and England are feeding the fuckin’ virus?

I’d Wee Nippy is following Boris two weeks later then please explain the huge disparity in deaths.

edinburgh

" but hey we are beating England right? "

That’s all that matters to the cult.

By *an from UncleMan  over a year ago

ml1

"Ooooh your in trouble...Did you not get the E-mail?....No one is allowed to critcise our dear leader.....Even if all she does is wait two weeks and parrot whatever Boris has said."
or the opposite to prove she the boss and not his bitch last year she says we were all alcoholics and put up the unit price of alcohol then opened up pubs before gyms telling everyone from her pulpit what she will not tolerate anyone not towing her line

"Can all you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ?

If Scotland is such a burden why doesn’t England cut us loose ? "

Your deflecting my question, I shall repeat for you again .

Can all you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ?

Ps I never said Scotland was a financial burden , I said covid was a financial burden.

Don't twist my question to suit your narrative thx.

Ohh and by your normal standards , any answer you come up with will require sources to back them up.

Not like my last request for source about the media being bought and paid for by the uk government, that you claimed, still waiting for that answer by the way. Your opinion and bluster that you replied with never really gave any factual proof of those claims.

Totally agree with that question - when has she used the briefings for party political purposes?

I still laugh at Jackson Carlaw and Jackie Baillie asking the BBC to stop transmitting the briefings on the day that Boris announces he was to hire a spokesperson (a la Trump) to handle briefings - the total hypocrisy of it all

By the way Janey Godley has applied for the job !!!!!!’

Penicuik

"Can all you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ?

Can all you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ?

Ps I never said Scotland was a financial burden , I said covid was a financial burden.

Ohh and by your normal standards , any answer you come up with will require sources to back them up.

Not like my last request for source about the media being bought and paid for by the uk government, that you claimed, still waiting for that answer by the way. Your opinion and bluster that you replied with never really gave any factual proof of those claims. "

You’ve not answered my simple question.

If scotland is such a burden why does England not cut us loose ?

Nae rush

Penicuik

"Not like my last request for source about the media being bought and paid for by the uk government, that you claimed, still waiting for that answer by the way. Your opinion and bluster that you replied with never really gave any factual proof of those claims. "

BBC tory

ITV tory

C4 (now tory)

Daily express tory

Daily mail tory

Daily record tory

Sun tory

Infact all the Johnston press, tory

Sky tory

This list is endless

Penicuik

I’ll just leave this here...

A team of academics studied the coverage of the Scottish independence referendum between 17 September 2012 and 18 September 2013, looking at 730 hours of evening TV news output broadcast by BBC 1, Reporting Scotland, ITV and Scottish TV (STV), and found them all to be biased against Scottish independence.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/five-reasons-why-we-don-t-have-free-and-independent-press-in-uk-and-what-we-can-do-about/

Some good Friday afternoon reading

Not like my last request for source about the media being bought and paid for by the uk government, that you claimed, still waiting for that answer by the way. Your opinion and bluster that you replied with never really gave any factual proof of those claims.

Nae rush "

It's only YOU that is saying Scotland is a burden , all I said was covid is a financial burden to scotland as it is the rest of the uk.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I've never heard the UK government say the devolved nations were a burden either. Like I said , your pushing a narrative thats not actually there.

Penicuik

Nae rush

It's only YOU that is saying Scotland is a burden , all I said was covid is a financial burden to scotland as it is the rest of the uk.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I've never heard the UK government say the devolved nations were a burden either. Like I said , your pushing a narrative thats not actually there. "

I’m asking you a question, pretty simple really.

Scotland’s always being told we're too wee too poor so that being the case give me 1 reason why we’re not cut loose ?

"I’ll just leave this here...

A team of academics studied the coverage of the Scottish independence referendum between 17 September 2012 and 18 September 2013, looking at 730 hours of evening TV news output broadcast by BBC 1, Reporting Scotland, ITV and Scottish TV (STV), and found them all to be biased against Scottish independence.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/five-reasons-why-we-don-t-have-free-and-independent-press-in-uk-and-what-we-can-do-about/

"

So this is stupidity gold, your quoting one media outlet about a news story regarding biased media reporting from other media outlets. Priceless a hahaha. That's like believing a resteraunts re_iew of the resteraunt next door selling the same dish. Lmfao.

Penicuik

"I’ll just leave this here...

So this is stupidity gold, your quoting one media outlet about a news story regarding biased media reporting from other media outlets. Priceless a hahaha. That's like believing a resteraunts re_iew of the resteraunt next door selling the same dish. Lmfao."

Your ignorance is bliss. You just hate being continually proved wrong.

Still waiting on the answer to my question. That’s 4 FOUR times now

Nae rush

Maybe I'm mistaken but I've never heard the UK government say the devolved nations were a burden either. Like I said , your pushing a narrative thats not actually there.

Scotland’s always being told we're too wee too poor so that being the case give me 1 reason why we’re not cut loose ? "

You need to provide source of that accusation before I can answer as I can't comment on something that could just be made up. He said, she said is not actual fact.

Penicuik

Nae rush

Scotland’s always being told we're too wee too poor so that being the case give me 1 reason why we’re not cut loose ?

You need to provide source of that accusation before I can answer as I can't comment on something that could just be made up. He said, she said is not actual fact. "

Ha ha ha too easyyyyyyyyyyy

Here’s another since you can’t answer the last one.

Give me 3 reasons for the UNION and justifiably back those reasons up. Tap tap

Nae rush

You need to provide source of that accusation before I can answer as I can't comment on something that could just be made up. He said, she said is not actual fact.

Give me 3 reasons for the UNION and justifiably back those reasons up. Tap tap "

Berring the only person avoiding a simple question is you bud.

Can you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ?

Your doing exactly what the SNP have always done , avoiding the simplest of questions , when it come to being put on the spot.

Your avoiding my question because you know if you say yes I will ask you where the money will come from.

And like the rest of the SNP you will say , ache don't worry it will be fine.

Penicuik

Nae rush

Can you indy supporters put your hand on your heart and say an independent Scotland could have coped with covid and the financial burden that came with it ?

Your doing exactly what the SNP have always done , avoiding the simplest of questions , when it come to being put on the spot.

Your avoiding my question because you know if you say yes I will ask you where the money will come from.

"

The money comes from where every other country in the world gets it from. Borrowing !

You’ve not really grasped the questions or answers. Empty vessels and all that jazz

Pockets laying open waiting for you to jump in again if you ever do answer the 2 simple questions you refuse to answer.

Nae rush

The money comes from where every other country in the world gets it from. Borrowing !

You’ve not really grasped the questions or answers. Empty vessels and all that jazz

Pockets laying open waiting for you to jump in again if you ever do answer the 2 simple questions you refuse to answer. "

Where would an independent Scotland have borrowed probably around 5 billion pounds from ?. Just curious.

UK has given Scotland 3.5 billion plus the furlough scheme if your wondering where I got that figure.

Penicuik

Nae rush

Pockets laying open waiting for you to jump in again if you ever do answer the 2 simple questions you refuse to answer.

Where would an independent Scotland have borrowed probably around 5 billion pounds from ?. Just curious.

UK has given Scotland 3.5 billion plus the furlough scheme if your wondering where I got that figure.

"

The UK ? You mean our own money lol

In the last six years Nicola Sturgeon has went through:

3 Tory Branch Office Leaders

2 UK PMs

4 UK LibDem Leaders

3 Northern Branch Leaders

2 UK Labour Leaders

Whilst running a country fighting against a biased media.

That’s quite impressive.

Bojo next

Nae rush

Give me 3 reasons for the UNION and justifiably back those reasons up. Tap tap "

Ok to save you harping on about not answering you.

Your first question is irrelevant as nobody other than you has said Scotland is a burden on anyone . I can't possibly explain it any simpler to you.

3 reasons for a union.

1 I like being part of the UK , no explanation required.

2 I have very close family that's English, so I like us all being IN the uk . My choice no explanation required.

3 I don't want to see Scotland / England be divided by bigotry any more than it can be at the moment. No further explanation required.

Simple.

Nae rush

2 UK PMs

4 UK LibDem Leaders

2 UK Labour Leaders

That’s quite impressive.

Bojo next "

Deflecting again.

What's all that got to do with where she will find the money lmfao.

Will the lot of ye's give ma heid peace for fucks sake!

Penicuik

Nae rush

2 UK PMs

4 UK LibDem Leaders

2 UK Labour Leaders

That’s quite impressive.

Bojo next

Deflecting again.

What's all that got to do with where she will find the money lmfao. "

The OP

Next !

Penicuik

Nae rush

Your first question is irrelevant as nobody other than you has said Scotland is a burden on anyone . I can't possibly explain it any simpler to you.

3 reasons for a union.

2 I have very close family that's English, so I like us all being IN the uk . My choice no explanation required.

3 I don't want to see Scotland / England be divided by bigotry any more than it can be at the moment. No further explanation required.

Simple.

"

Lolz

No explanation

No explanation

No explanation

Bojo be glad your not defending the union that’s for sure

Penicuik

"Will the lot of ye's give ma heid peace for fucks sake!"

Ha ha I’m nearly done with him for the moment. Heading out to spend my Tax insurance deductible furlough wages contributing to the economy In the beer garden

"Will the lot of ye's give ma heid peace for fucks sake!

Ha ha I’m nearly done with him for the moment. Heading out to spend my Tax insurance deductible furlough wages contributing to the economy In the beer garden "

You're making my ring sting

Nae rush

2 UK PMs

4 UK LibDem Leaders

2 UK Labour Leaders

That’s quite impressive.

Bojo next

Deflecting again.

The OP

Next ! "

The words your looking for is

Sorry I havnt got a fuckin clue where she would have found a lender that has 5 billion pounds available to lend her.

That's all you gt to say, it's not rocket science.

Penicuik

Nae rush

2 UK PMs

4 UK LibDem Leaders

2 UK Labour Leaders

That’s quite impressive.

Bojo next

Deflecting again.

The OP

Next !

Sorry I havnt got a fuckin clue where she would have found a lender that has 5 billion pounds available to lend her.

That's all you gt to say, it's not rocket science. "

The same place the UK borrows from. You’ve not quite grasped how economics work.

Nae rush

3 reasons for a union.

Simple.

Lolz

No explanation

No explanation

No explanation

Bojo be glad your not defending the union that’s for sure "

And none required, you got to convince me why we'd be better out not the other way round.

Penicuik

Nae rush

3 reasons for a union.

Simple.

Lolz

No explanation

No explanation

No explanation

And none required, you got to convince me why we'd be better out not the other way round."

That’s very simple. A Union by definition is a marriage of equals. Not shackled to a govt that scotland continually rejected and subjugated to London rule who’s best interests are served to keep the wealthy rich and the poor poor.

Nae rush

2 UK PMs

4 UK LibDem Leaders

2 UK Labour Leaders

That’s quite impressive.

Bojo next

Deflecting again.

The OP

Next !

The same place the UK borrows from. You’ve not quite grasped how economics work.

"

Maybe I'm wrong again but I'm pretty sure an independent Scotland wold need collateral to borrow from another countries bank ie the bank of England, if as you say that's where the money would come from. Can you imagine the collateral you'd need for a 5 billion pound loan lol.

Nae rush

3 reasons for a union.

Simple.

Lolz

No explanation

No explanation

No explanation

And none required, you got to convince me why we'd be better out not the other way round.

That’s very simple. A Union by definition is a marriage of equals. Not shackled to a govt that scotland continually rejected and subjugated to London rule who’s best interests are served to keep the wealthy rich and the poor poor.

"

Not convinced need the details. UK for me. Come back in 30 years.

Penicuik

Nae rush

2 UK PMs

4 UK LibDem Leaders

2 UK Labour Leaders

That’s quite impressive.

Bojo next

Deflecting again.

The OP

Next !

Maybe I'm wrong again but I'm pretty sure an independent Scotland wold need collateral to borrow from another countries bank ie the bank of England, if as you say that's where the money would come from. Can you imagine the collateral you'd need for a 5 billion pound loan lol. "

Nothing is impossible.

The UNION is on its death throes.

Even the most ardent unionist knows that.

The figures for ENGLISH INDEPENDENCE is equally astonishing.

By *aughty Two999Couple  over a year ago

Anytown

[Removed by poster at 31/07/20 16:36:08]

Penicuik

So to summarise.

No answer

No answer

No explanation

No explanation

Still NO explanation

5 billion

Can we start on Douglas Ross the stone island self confessed rangers fan/referee

By *aughty Two999Couple  over a year ago

Anytown

Great a grip ffs.

Penicuik

"Great a grip ffs."

Anything positive to contribute ?

"So to summarise.

No answer

No answer

No explanation

No explanation

Still NO explanation

5 billion

Can we start on Douglas Ross the stone island self confessed rangers fan/referee "

As said earlier, none so blind as those who don't wish to see.

No clearer evidence than this post.

Whereas you have made jokes, repeated questions already answered, deflected attention, avoided simple but important issues and now attempting to change the subject.

Slam dunked springs to mind .

Catch you later on your next furloughed cocktail afternoon.

Penicuik

"So to summarise.

No answer

No answer

No explanation

No explanation

Still NO explanation

5 billion

Can we start on Douglas Ross the stone island self confessed rangers fan/referee

As said earlier, none so blind as those who don't wish to see.

No clearer evidence than this post.

Whereas you have made jokes, repeated questions already answered, deflected attention, avoided simple but important issues and now attempting to change the subject.

Slam dunked springs to mind .

Catch you later on your next furloughed cocktail afternoon. "

Aye nae bother

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Kintore

Scotland gives the exchequer £65 billion a year and gets £35b in return. Scotland’s share of the Covid debt is £10b even though we only got £3.7b in financial help.

By *dinfifeCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

hear hear

"Scotland gives the exchequer £65 billion a year and gets £35b in return. Scotland’s share of the Covid debt is £10b even though we only got £3.7b in financial help. "

So is it you that's telling porkies with this peddling of misinformation or is the Scottish government lying on there .gov website when they show there summer budget 2020-2021

As spending over 52 billion ?? This is straight from the government website ?

Funnily enough I can't find anything that substantiates your 65 billion claim, so will chalk it up as also being misinformation.

By *dinfifeCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Scotland gives the exchequer £65 billion a year and gets £35b in return. Scotland’s share of the Covid debt is £10b even though we only got £3.7b in financial help. "

Where did these figures come from???

surely not that source of financial probity The National!!!

edinburgh

"Scotland gives the exchequer £65 billion a year and gets £35b in return. Scotland’s share of the Covid debt is £10b even though we only got £3.7b in financial help.

Where did these figures come from???

surely not that source of financial probity The National!!!"

It came from Jimmy from Castlemilk on Twitter who’s profile pic is of the Yes campaign logo but just to be quirky he has the AYE logo. His handle contains #FBPE and #AUOB Sellick man and free Palestine is in his bio.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Another made up set of figures from the SNP. Scotland's GDP is £180 billion. We are not sending over a third of that to Westminster.

Scotland's fiscal deficit runs at about 8% per annum which is worse than Greece which is a financial basket case which had to be bailed out by Europe and now Germany pulls its strings. The money actually flows from Westminster to Scotland and not the other way around.

Sturgeon, and Salmond before her, cannot answer the question of how to reduce that deficit except to say that somehow it will just disappear with independence. Salmond did say things would be great as oil was going to be $120 a barrel. Pity that it is sitting at half that figure these day.

By *tormountCouple  over a year ago

Raintown

"Not like my last request for source about the media being bought and paid for by the uk government, that you claimed, still waiting for that answer by the way. Your opinion and bluster that you replied with never really gave any factual proof of those claims.

BBC tory

ITV tory

C4 (now tory)

Daily express tory

Daily mail tory

Daily record tory

Sun tory

Sky tory

This list is endless

"

Bonkers post - #NotACult

Penicuik

"Not like my last request for source about the media being bought and paid for by the uk government, that you claimed, still waiting for that answer by the way. Your opinion and bluster that you replied with never really gave any factual proof of those claims.

BBC tory

ITV tory

C4 (now tory)

Daily express tory

Daily mail tory

Daily record tory

Sun tory

Sky tory

This list is endless

Bonkers post - #NotACult"

Saor Alba

Dissolve the Union

By *atin_JessicaTV/TS  over a year ago

Hamilton

Here here....someone who can see through her deceit and lies!!

By *argaidMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Only if you continue, as the BBC and brit-nat press do, to use figures from the start of lockdown and before the ability to diverge radically from the 4 nations (for which read the rest of you do what England wants) was Devolved. Since then England has by far the highest infection rates and death rates not only in the UK but is amongst the highest globally. Scotland is on a par with Norway as one of the lowest.

England's excess death rate currently stands 30x higher than Scotland's and where there have been only six deaths in Scotland in the past 28 days England's is in the thousands.

Glasgow

The total number of Covid deaths for July was about 515 and that was for the whole of the UK. Far from being the thousands that the previous post suggested.

BBC tory

ITV tory

C4 (now tory)

Daily express tory

Daily mail tory

Daily record tory

Sun tory

Sky tory

This list is endless

Bonkers post - #NotACult

Saor Alba

Dissolve the Union "

Back to your cocktails

Your chance has been and gone.

Slam dunked again

And the buzzer has gone for full time.

Penicuik

BBC tory

ITV tory

C4 (now tory)

Daily express tory

Daily mail tory

Daily record tory

Sun tory

Sky tory

This list is endless

Bonkers post - #NotACult

Saor Alba

Dissolve the Union

Back to your cocktails

Your chance has been and gone.

Slam dunked again

And the buzzer has gone for full time. "

WE can all see YOU couldn’t justifiably endorse the union.

WE can all see you can’t answer basic questions.

We can all see through the green arrow your inability to engage

Penicuik

"The total number of Covid deaths for July was about 515 and that was for the whole of the UK. Far from being the thousands that the previous post suggested."

Can you provide the figures for scotland, England, Wales & NI ?

BBC tory

ITV tory

C4 (now tory)

Daily express tory

Daily mail tory

Daily record tory

Sun tory

Sky tory

This list is endless

Bonkers post - #NotACult

Saor Alba

Dissolve the Union "

Away back in yer box ya halfwit. This is a swinging site. Not the i love wee nic, who is always right and can do no wrong site!

#blindedandmisguided

BBC tory

ITV tory

C4 (now tory)

Daily express tory

Daily mail tory

Daily record tory

Sun tory

Sky tory

This list is endless

Bonkers post - #NotACult

Saor Alba

Dissolve the Union

Away back in yer box ya halfwit. This is a swinging site. Not the i love wee nic, who is always right and can do no wrong site!

#blindedandmisguided

"

Oy vez whatever happened to polite debate

I don't think any of them are doing very well tbh, I Mr have been in hospital 4 times over the last few weeks and been told that the only way to cure my problem is an operation. Unfortunately due to the government restrictions on how many operations and what operations can be carried out i have been told i just need to get on with it with a consultant telling me my op would usually been carried out in 3 to 6 weeks due to its importance but due to restrictions put on hospital if am luck I will have the op in October and hopefully there will be no permanent damage so aye they are doing a stand out job

By *nnocentlycorruptMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Not the right place for this...just tells me the British nationalists are panicking because their parties are helping the indy cause.

I would rather scotland ran its own affairs than having another country run/dictate to it. End of!!!

"Not the right place for this...just tells me the British nationalists are panicking because their parties are helping the indy cause.

I would rather scotland ran its own affairs than having another country run/dictate to it. End of!!! "

Not the right place dosnt seem to have stopped you posting your alliegence though so you can't be that concerned I guess.

Glasgow

"Not the right place for this...just tells me the British nationalists are panicking because their parties are helping the indy cause.

I would rather scotland ran its own affairs than having another country run/dictate to it. End of!!! "

I can just imagine Sturgeon trying to sort out this mess if Scotland was independent. She can't even run a devolved government properly. Ian blanford and Sturgeon are banging about Westminster not giving them enough money and in the next breath wants to break up the Union and align with Brussels again. You couldn't make it up!!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Where do people think the money is coming from for all of those that are on furlough?

From the Scottish Government purse? No it's not, so it is easy to try and seem righteous when someone else is paying for it all! And to ask for an extension? Is an absolute joke and a total piss take!

Glasgow

"Where do people think the money is coming from for all of those that are on furlough?

From the Scottish Government purse? No it's not, so it is easy to try and seem righteous when someone else is paying for it all! And to ask for an extension? Is an absolute joke and a total piss take!

"

Well said. My sentiments completely.

Edinburgh

I would rather scotland ran its own affairs than having another country run/dictate to it. End of!!!

Not the right place dosnt seem to have stopped you posting your alliegence though so you can't be that concerned I guess. "

Whatever Mr I'm a snp supporter that doesn't support independence

Edinburgh

I can just imagine Sturgeon trying to sort out this mess if Scotland was independent. She can't even run a devolved government properly. Ian blanford and Sturgeon are banging about Westminster not giving them enough money and in the next breath wants to break up the Union and align with Brussels again. You couldn't make it up!! "

Whatever

Edinburgh

"Where do people think the money is coming from for all of those that are on furlough?

"

Whatever

Not the right place dosnt seem to have stopped you posting your alliegence though so you can't be that concerned I guess.

Whatever Mr I'm a snp supporter that doesn't support independence "

Repeating , whatever, as 3 separate replies is most definitely constructive lol.

As for me being an SNP supporter, I will say again what I've always said. I like wee Nicola as a politician, I like lots of things she does for Scotland, I like how she comes across, but that doesn't mean I have to like how she has used her covid decisions on occasion for political reasons, and I don't like her manipulating people to vote certain ways or continued pressing for another indy vote. Hence I don't vote for anyone at the moment.

If I don't like a particular dish in a resteraunt does that mean I can't say I like that resteraunt or praise the other dishes served ?

Edinburgh

She presses for another indy vote because that's what the snp are all about "gaining independence" Cool you like her but why do you call her "the second minister"? Anyway, for all you doubters about scotlands finances and whether we can afford covid on our own and being independent and able to survive without westminster, watch Richard J Murphy on YouTube then come back and give your responses.

"She presses for another indy vote because that's what the snp are all about "gaining independence" Cool you like her but why do you call her "the second minister"? Anyway, for all you doubters about scotlands finances and whether we can afford covid on our own and being independent and able to survive without westminster, watch Richard J Murphy on YouTube then come back and give your responses. "

I had a wee look not at you tube but just in general, so he's a tax expert, he said Scotland could do it only if the snp accepted the pound as the currency. Snp has voted to scrap the pound at the earliest opportunity. Lmao.

But hey ignoring that detail, if and it's a huge "if" Scotland could afford to be independent why are they always avoiding explaining it and detailing it to prove it. See this was my objection to a yes vote, they can't expect to win independence by saying don't worry it ill all be ok. Why has thier last indy manifesto been sent to the shredder as a work of fiction and being re written. Please send me the link to where this guy says Scotland could undoubtedly afford independence. And if he's so good why is he not being hired by the SNP to explain it to the rest of us.

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

can't stand the woman,gives me the boalk.all the UK party leaders are shit.hiding behind so call experts, that haven't actually got a clue either. Nicola is just dancing along to pied piper Johnson shit decisions, albeit 2 weeks behind.

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"can't stand the woman,gives me the boalk.all the UK party leaders are shit.hiding behind so call experts, that haven't actually got a clue either. Nicola is just dancing along to pied piper Johnson shit decisions, albeit 2 weeks behind. "

Everything you have written is nonsense.

Are you aware of the Scottish government route map for covid?

This was published a couple of months ago clearly stating what would be open in each phase. Each phase would be re_iewed every 3 weeks. Nicola Sturgeon has stuck to this. No deviations.

If Nicola Sturgeon is doing everything 2 weeks behind then it's because BoJo is implementing the Scottish Governments route map 2 weeks ahead of Nicola Sturgeon!

You are clearly ignorant on this and which explains your 'so called experts' comment.

edinburgh

It’s a record pass rate for exams in Scotland this year. Funny that eh, anyone would think this years exam results have been based purely on guess work.

Manipulating the figures is one way to try and deflect away the utter cluster fuck Sturgeon and Swinney have had when it comes to what was once the finest education in the world.

"It’s a record pass rate for exams in Scotland this year. Funny that eh, anyone would think this years exam results have been based purely on guess work.

Manipulating the figures is one way to try and deflect away the utter cluster fuck Sturgeon and Swinney have had when it comes to what was once the finest education in the world.

"

The pass rates aren't exceptionally high in comparison to last year's

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"It’s a record pass rate for exams in Scotland this year. Funny that eh, anyone would think this years exam results have been based purely on guess work.

"

I was thinking about this... does anyone know when the Scottish education system was the best in the world? I mean, I know that we were right in there after the reformation but since then?

By *lascumMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Get her to fuck.... she’s been politicising this now for months. She’s coming across as a one person party where nobody else is trusted unless it’s her words. Some of you may not like what I said but we still have free speech... but possibly not for much longer if she and Useless have their way

bang on . she is a total fraud set only on division and grandstanding despite an astrocious record.

The SNP are destroying this country and many are totally blind or complicit to that agenda.

[Removed by poster at 04/08/20 14:27:47]

So some pubs are locking down themselves in Aberdeen because wee Nicola won't do what she was so quick to do in D & G. Hmmm .

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I'm no fan of Sturgeon or the SNP. Yet I have been impressed with the decisions she has taken, and her focus on the task in hand.

Those who feel her briefings have been political are obviously watching different ones to me. The only comments I've seen is when she has stated that Scotland won't be following the Westminster plans, and her suppressing the urge to eyeroll at Boris. A feeling I have on a daily basis.

"I'm no fan of Sturgeon or the SNP. Yet I have been impressed with the decisions she has taken, and her focus on the task in hand.

Those who feel her briefings have been political are obviously watching different ones to me. The only comments I've seen is when she has stated that Scotland won't be following the Westminster plans, and her suppressing the urge to eyeroll at Boris. A feeling I have on a daily basis."

That is a political statement your quoting,

She doesn't say she won't be following EU plans or anyone else's so it's a targeted political comment. Eye rolling would be another example of a political statement.

We think she is doing a great job

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

"I'm no fan of Sturgeon or the SNP. Yet I have been impressed with the decisions she has taken, and her focus on the task in hand.

Those who feel her briefings have been political are obviously watching different ones to me. The only comments I've seen is when she has stated that Scotland won't be following the Westminster plans, and her suppressing the urge to eyeroll at Boris. A feeling I have on a daily basis.

She doesn't say she won't be following EU plans or anyone else's so it's a targeted political comment. Eye rolling would be another example of a political statement. "

So your argument is that because she is focusing on what the Scottish government are doing rather than the UK government she's being political? Tenuous at best.

By *ockothenorthMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"can't stand the woman,gives me the boalk.all the UK party leaders are shit.hiding behind so call experts, that haven't actually got a clue either. Nicola is just dancing along to pied piper Johnson shit decisions, albeit 2 weeks behind.

Everything you have written is nonsense.

Are you aware of the Scottish government route map for covid?

This was published a couple of months ago clearly stating what would be open in each phase. Each phase would be re_iewed every 3 weeks. Nicola Sturgeon has stuck to this. No deviations.

If Nicola Sturgeon is doing everything 2 weeks behind then it's because BoJo is implementing the Scottish Governments route map 2 weeks ahead of Nicola Sturgeon!

You are clearly ignorant on this and which explains your 'so called experts' comment.

"

I couldn't really give a fuck what you think.i do things my way.if you want to follow along and do as your told ,by so called experts, knock yourself out.I'll do my own thing,my way.

She doesn't say she won't be following EU plans or anyone else's so it's a targeted political comment. Eye rolling would be another example of a political statement.

So your argument is that because she is focusing on what the Scottish government are doing rather than the UK government she's being political? Tenuous at best. "

Focussing on Scotlands plan is fine but why say she won't follow Westminsters path, that's political. Sry if you can't see

that. She should be focusing purely on covid and Scotland why is she even familiar with Westminsters plan and whether to follow it or not. See my point, this is just one example, thanks for highlighting it.

Edinburgh

So your argument is that because she is focusing on what the Scottish government are doing rather than the UK government she's being political? Tenuous at best.

Focussing on Scotlands plan is fine but why say she won't follow Westminsters path, that's political. Sry if you can't see

that. She should be focusing purely on covid and Scotland why is she even familiar with Westminsters plan and whether to follow it or not. See my point, this is just one example, thanks for highlighting it. "

Hmm... why say she won't follow Westminster's path?

Because Scotland has it's own economy, health service, social conditions etc. and decisions about dealing with this pandemic are best taken on a regional level where differing conditions across areas can be gauged? Seems perfectly sensible to me.

that. She should be focusing purely on covid and Scotland why is she even familiar with Westminsters plan and whether to follow it or not. See my point, this is just one example, thanks for highlighting it.

Because Scotland has it's own economy, health service, social conditions etc. and decisions about dealing with this pandemic are best taken on a regional level where differing conditions across areas can be gauged? Seems perfectly sensible to me."

You not really grasped the point here have you. Lol. Read back last few posts and all will become clear.

Edinburgh

Because Scotland has it's own economy, health service, social conditions etc. and decisions about dealing with this pandemic are best taken on a regional level where differing conditions across areas can be gauged? Seems perfectly sensible to me.

You not really grasped the point here have you. Lol. Read back last few posts and all will become clear. "

You asked an inane question, I provided the rather obvious answer. It's really quite simple

edinburgh

Well the tide could be turning against Wee Snatzi tits. A quick glance through the socials the last week or so and more and more people are seeing the true colours of her incompetence.

By *wazuluMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Ooooh your in trouble...Did you not get the E-mail?....No one is allowed to critcise our dear leader.....Even if all she does is wait two weeks and parrot whatever Boris has said."

Haha well said "who's a pretty boy then Boris"

By *andragTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

The SNP have systematically destroyed Glasgow since taking power. A proud city now turned into a ghetto. Not saying they are corrupt but how many SNP politicians are under investigation or have had to resign?

Penicuik

"The SNP have systematically destroyed Glasgow since taking power. A proud city now turned into a ghetto. Not saying they are corrupt but how many SNP politicians are under investigation or have had to resign?"

Really ? Structure, 85 seats

Administration

SNP (36)

Other parties

Labour (30)

Conservative (8)

Scottish Greens (7)

Independent (4)

The SNP only won power in Glasgow in 2017, as the Multi-Ward system replaced the previous system.

SNP have NOT been in power for 12 years only since 2017.

Previous years prior to 2017 LABOUR were in control.

She's quite adept at defending people when they fuck up , first it was the dumb ass CMO now it's the education department fuckwits shes apologising for. Admitting your wrong is not good enough, she should be taking action herself and making heads roll instead of simply saying sorry. She not been slow on punishing scottish football when players fuck up. Their apologies don't stem off repercussions, so why not the same stance for her party members.

Love this word HYPOCRISY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penicuik

"She's quite adept at defending people when they fuck up , first it was the dumb ass CMO now it's the education department fuckwits shes apologising for. Admitting your wrong is not good enough, she should be taking action herself and making heads roll instead of simply saying sorry. She not been slow on punishing scottish football when players fuck up. Their apologies don't stem off repercussions, so why not the same stance for her party members.

Love this word HYPOCRISY! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Didn’t calderwood get the red card

Mistakes were made and put right.

Your next argument will be that pupils attained a grade without sitting an exam no doubt.

"She's quite adept at defending people when they fuck up , first it was the dumb ass CMO now it's the education department fuckwits shes apologising for. Admitting your wrong is not good enough, she should be taking action herself and making heads roll instead of simply saying sorry. She not been slow on punishing scottish football when players fuck up. Their apologies don't stem off repercussions, so why not the same stance for her party members.

Your next argument will be that pupils attained a grade without sitting an exam no doubt. "

Actually Calderwood resigned where she should have been sacked

Mistakes were made, ? You mean the mistakes that they were repeatedly warned about.

Pupils attained a grade that the people closest to them and knew them better than anyone else education wise, thought they would achieve, shame the snp sanctioned a postcode lottery onto them instead.

Spin it any way you want but at the end of the day you know heads should roll.

Penicuik

Your next argument will be that pupils attained a grade without sitting an exam no doubt.

Actually Calderwood resigned where she should have been sacked

Mistakes were made, ? You mean the mistakes that they were repeatedly warned about.

Pupils attained a grade that the people closest to them and knew them better than anyone else education wise, thought they would achieve, shame the snp sanctioned a postcode lottery onto them instead.

Spin it any way you want but at the end of the day you know heads should roll. "

The model for attainment is used likewise in England and Wales. Will you be as ready to voice your opinions then ?

Players walk off before the refs even got his hand in pocket. Sic calderwood.

You on a break from shooting arrows at dingys down the Kent coast today

Penicuik

"snp sanctioned a postcode lottery onto them instead.

Spin it any way you want but at the end of the day you know heads should roll. "

You do know the SQA is an independent body and JS made an executive decision to correct things.

By *cots tottyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Don’t you feel sorry for Nicola she is surrounded by planks of wood surely she should have a capable deputy who should be able to take the lunchtime updates the problem is she actually believes what she says and believes in the background is going to plan eg track and trace works which has been proven not to by the situation in Aberdeen this was a disaster waiting to happen could have been in any major Scottish city where the greedy pub owners put profit first saying that they were. Allowed to

You do know the SQA is an independent body and JS made an executive decision to correct things. "

I think you will find the snp are ultimately responsible for the activities of NDPB's and organisations.

The Scottish government were also warned that this results fiasco was going to happen . So closing the barn door after the horse bolted does not make it better, it makes it worse.

It won’t be long now

Penicuik

You do know the SQA is an independent body and JS made an executive decision to correct things.

I think you will find the snp are ultimately responsible for the activities of NDPB's and organisations.

The Scottish government were also warned that this results fiasco was going to happen . So closing the barn door after the horse bolted does not make it better, it makes it worse. "

SQA are not contradicted. The SQA were right in their remit.

This new 'decision' is no more 'right' than previous moderation, as there's no 'right' solution.

This decision merely sacrifices system integrity in 2020 for estimate awards to reassure students.

National Union of Students (UK):

"In these unprecedented circumstances the UK government should follow the lead of Scotland by scrapping moderated grades.”

"Scottish Government has taken decisive action to respond to this situation"

BBC Nick Eardly

Penicuik

"It won’t be long now "

Shoosh you

"It won’t be long now

Shoosh you "

Ah love it when yer masterful

Nearly there

Penicuik

"It won’t be long now

Shoosh you

Nearly there "

He’ll be hovering over the 174 more than the migrants down the coast

"It won’t be long now

Shoosh you

Nearly there

He’ll be hovering over the 174 more than the migrants down the coast "

Oh I’m sure someone will get us just beyond... maybe Wee Nic herself

Penicuik

"It won’t be long now

Shoosh you

Nearly there

Oh I’m sure someone will get us just beyond... maybe Wee Nic herself "

Ah the little known secret of how to get more than 174

On it !!

"It won’t be long now

Shoosh you

Nearly there

Oh I’m sure someone will get us just beyond... maybe Wee Nic herself

Ah the little known secret of how to get more than 174

On it !! "

If only politics were as simple sighhhhs

No be long noo as the actress said to the bishop

Penicuik

"No be long noo as the actress said to the bishop "

Or me entering a lass after months without

"No be long noo as the actress said to the bishop

Or me entering a lass after months without "

Wee Nic will be proud of you!!! She’s fantastic!!!

Tah Dah!!!!!!!!! At last

Penicuik

"It won’t be long now

Shoosh you

Nearly there

Oh I’m sure someone will get us just beyond... maybe Wee Nic herself "

All hail JS and NS

Penicuik

Now they're complaining English Welsh and NI students will be disadvantaged because Scottish kids will be upgraded!

Nicola must take control of these countries so they reach the higher standard

Yoons never thought this through did they.

Like your dreams of having the last word, so to is your fantasies of independence. Gone forever.

Penicuik

As predictable as your failures

We could go on all night no doubt. I will bow it , go on you have the last word if it means so much. I will have the last word with my vote.

Penicuik

We can ALL see how much the last word meant to you. I’ll bow out

Cool.

Penicuik

Your welcome squire