FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Help

Help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ede OP   Woman  over a year ago

the abyss

With so many people suffering from mental health problems I thought a thread of things that help may be benificial to others. When stress and anxiety levels are high it can be hard to think of a way out which is why having a 'soothe jar' filled with good things to do can help in dark moments.

So what do you do when your mind feels a forest of dark entangled trees that won't let you out?

How do you calm your mind and figure out the best path out?

If your idea can help even one person it will be worth it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I retreat to the beach.

I watch the waves kiss the shore and feel the sand between my toes.

I use grounding techniques to bring myself out of my thoughts and into my body. The smells, the sounds, the feelings, the warmth or the breaze. It really clears my my mind and soothes my soul.

Sometimes I also use some mindfulness techniques. So if I'm anxious or stressed I identify the feelings and shake them off. Physically.

the abyss

"I retreat to the beach.

I watch the waves kiss the shore and feel the sand between my toes.

I use grounding techniques to bring myself out of my thoughts and into my body. The smells, the sounds, the feelings, the warmth or the breaze. It really clears my my mind and soothes my soul.

Sometimes I also use some mindfulness techniques. So if I'm anxious or stressed I identify the feelings and shake them off. Physically. "

The beach is definitely my safe happy place, hearing the waves almost washes away my troubles.

Thank you for sharing

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

If my ex is being his usual (which isn’t too often now as there is not much contact) I send a rant alert text to my friend and sister and let rip on that - they know they don’t need to respond if they are busy as I just need to let off steam then forget about it

A nice long hot bath with some candles and chocolate of course helps me relax And unwind with some music playing.

A night out with friends is always a great way for me to relax if I’m feeling stressed and I’m fortunate enough to have plenty friends so can always find someone to tag along with last minute

I usually go hillwalking

the abyss

"If my ex is being his usual (which isn’t too often now as there is not much contact) I send a rant alert text to my friend and sister and let rip on that - they know they don’t need to respond if they are busy as I just need to let off steam then forget about it

A nice long hot bath with some candles and chocolate of course helps me relax And unwind with some music playing.

A night out with friends is always a great way for me to relax if I’m feeling stressed and I’m fortunate enough to have plenty friends so can always find someone to tag along with last minute "

I love the rant alert message - I have had to send a few of those before!!

Music cranked up full blast and I'll dance like no one is watching.

Or a long walk with the headphones on. Music is usually involved in some way.

Meditation with the headspace app you can get a free trial or sometimes running can help me.

I also do a little writing it helps me getting stuff out my head and then figure it out.

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

Music... I find my favourite rock toons and do some Dad dancing in the kitchen

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

Put my vinyl on and shut my eyes ... nothing like the sound of a record player crackling , it’s my automatic de-stress x

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

[Removed by poster at 02/08/20 22:50:26]

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Lights out and classical music, chorus of Hebrew slaves etc

the abyss

Lots of good tips! Music is definitely a theme. Its amazing how it can transport you to another time or another place x

Nothing particularly useful i don't think, but long baths, music playing, or i find running with the headphones on particular good, to clear the head of negative thoughts, which then lets me bring in some positive ones. Hope this helps. Take care GB

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I walk my dogs. I walk alot.

By *lasgowguy1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Talking to someone you trust, thats true friendship.

Also walking whilst listening to music or a podcast, it sort of transports you back to your happy place.

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

Go for a run or a long drive

I go for a walk a long walk often at sunset go to my favourite spot take my camera the view is amazing and makes me remember how precious life and the world is, it relaxes me makes me smile and I always come home feeling more positive.

By *oucancall me sirMan  over a year ago

borders

I go scary down hill mountain biking fill your body with adrenaline dopamine and endorphins followed by campfire and the moon and stars and some banging tunes at the side of a loch and no mobile phone signal

the abyss

"I go scary down hill mountain biking fill your body with adrenaline dopamine and endorphins followed by campfire and the moon and stars and some banging tunes at the side of a loch and no mobile phone signal "

That all sounds amazing apart from the biking part - I'd end up filling my body with broken bones more than anything else!!

By *oucancall me sirMan  over a year ago

borders

"I go scary down hill mountain biking fill your body with adrenaline dopamine and endorphins followed by campfire and the moon and stars and some banging tunes at the side of a loch and no mobile phone signal

That all sounds amazing apart from the biking part - I'd end up filling my body with broken bones more than anything else!! "

yes broken bones sometimes happen lol but it's part of the fun you get to go to hospital and get pampered with hot nurses

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I walk or exercise. Find it great thinking time. Preferably somewhere silent.

I try not to stress as a rule. Worrying solves nothing.

I take lots of exercise, walks on the beach and try to live in the moment.

I also enjoy masterbating. It’s so good for you and is a great way of distressing. An orgasm a day keeps the doctor away.

I hope this helps. Try and stay positive.

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Got a few things I do. I craved the need to go to the sea after lockdown. I stood watched the water , smelt the ozone and let the wind blow away my thoughts and cobwebs.. when I can’t get out .. I have an imaginary cupboard full of boxes. Each box is a worry or a concern.. I can go in put stuff in the boxes and shut the door. I also have a rekaxining technique.. always the same image.. I walk bare footed along a manicured lawn, feeling the grass under my feet I walk to the top flight of a white granite, stone stairway down to the beach. Each step down is cool and I stop breathe and relax.. by the time I’ve got to the bottom I’m so relaxed and ready to sleep... hope it helps someone

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Yes forgot the masterbation .. lol

"Yes forgot the masterbation .. lol"

This Master Bation fella is a popular lad....see his name cropping up more and more during lockdown.

the abyss

"Yes forgot the masterbation .. lol

This Master Bation fella is a popular lad....see his name cropping up more and more during lockdown."

His work is very satisfying you could say!!

» Add a new message to this topic