FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

In new lockdown. Hope this is not the first of many places.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was half way to Aberdeen when it was announced...pissed off totally

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Sheep the length and breadth of Scotland will now be breathing a sigh of relief

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Kintore

"I was half way to Aberdeen when it was announced...pissed off totally "

Did you make a EWE turn ?

Sorry, I’ll get ma coat.

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

"In new lockdown. Hope this is not the first of many places."

I hope not too, but realistically I think it's the start of localised restriction being put in place.

By *oredcouple1TV/TS  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Wait till the schools go back, we haven't seen anything yet

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"Sheep the length and breadth of Scotland will now be breathing a sigh of relief"

Says the man who bangs beef

I suppose you could give her credit for listening to the voters,

Businesses made the right decision to lockdown themselves before Nicola " reluctantly " eventually done the right thing.

By *unkydunkyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Some cynical people might think she is taking the heat off the exams fiasco and the failings in her education promises by announcing this today.

Old political trick I suggest

D

By *eardyBikerMan  over a year ago

nr stoney

Social distancing and drinking ...mutually exclusive

Post from NHS Grampian

*Please note this is an update specific to the cluster investigation*

5 August 2020

We can confirm the number of cases detected in the Aberdeen COVID-19 cluster now stands at 54.

We have, to date, identified 191 close contacts. Investigations are ongoing and we cannot rule out detecting further cases and therefore more close contacts.

Dr Emmanuel Okpo, Consultant in Public Health Medicine, said: “I know people in the city will be concerned by this news. I want to stress that our health protection and Test & Protect teams are working extremely hard to speak to all the detected cases and identify their close contacts. We will be in contact with everyone.

“Right now, we need everyone to be vigilant. This incident highlights COVID-19 is still with us. I cannot stress enough that people should ONLY arrange a test, via the NHS Inform website (or the staff testing scheme if you work in health & social care), if they have the recognised symptoms. These are a fever, a new continuous cough, and/or a loss of your sense of taste or smell.

“If you are identified as a close contact of a detected case you will have to self-isolate for 14 days. Please do not seek a test if you do not have symptoms; getting tested and receiving a ‘not detected’ result will not remove the requirement to self isolate.”

We are aware that a number of detected cases linked to this cluster have visited other venues across Aberdeen and as of 12 noon today, these venues are as follows:

1. Bieldside Inn

2. Bobbin

3. Brewdog Castlegate

4. Buckie Farm Carvery

5. Café Andaluz

6. Café Dag

7. Café Drummond

8. Cock & Bull (The)

9. College Bar

10. Dutch Mill (The)

11. Dyce Carvery

12. East End Social Club

13. Ferryhill House Hotel

14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge

15. Howff (The)

16. Justice Mill (The)

17. Marine Hotel (The)

18. McGintys’s

19. McNastys

20. Malmaison

21. Moonfish Café

22. No.10 Bar

23. O'Donoghues

24. Old Bank Bar

25. Prohibition

26. Soul

27. Spiders Web

28. The Draft Project

There were also four leisure settings named - Aboyne Golf Club; Deeside Golf Club; Hazelhead Golf Club; Banks O'Dee Football Club.

Everyone in Grampian is encouraged to remember the FACTS guidance:

F – Face coverings. These should be used in shops and on public transport (buses, trains and taxis)

A – Avoid crowded places.

C – Clean your hands frequently, using water & soap whenever possible.

T – Two metres – observe physical distancing.

S – Self-isolate and book a test if you are suffering from COVID-19 symptoms.

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

"Some cynical people might think she is taking the heat off the exams fiasco and the failings in her education promises by announcing this today.

Old political trick I suggest

D"

Thats a big failure on their behalf and someone needs to answer for it.

By *cots tottyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

As an affected publican in Aberdeen there is no alternative but to have a lockdown to right the wrong unfortunatly the goverment trace and track has been proven to be a shambles we were first made aware of the situation on Monday and are still awaiting the track and trace people to contact us we tried nhs scotland for advice and nhs Grampian on Monday but to no avail let’s hope when the situation is back to normal that the big city centre pubs put peoples well being before profit and for police scotland in this area get there finger and do there part the police were quick to react in Glasgow with the parks as well as in portobello catalogue of mistakes up here read one irate fab member slagging the selfish public in her verifications she has been meeting people so people in glass houses lol

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Just close all pubs in Scotland and stop alcohol sales as they will just gather in parks woods and man caves and carry on drinking in groups

Pub where I live has not contact details they just let them in and take the money

Read that the Scottish Government are considering putting an end pub crawling? It’s an interesting idea but how do you stop people from going from one venue to another?

"Read that the Scottish Government are considering putting an end pub crawling? It’s an interesting idea but how do you stop people from going from one venue to another? "

Don't restrict the punters to 1 hour slots for tables or booths.

The spiders web in Dyce is a huge worry. A lot of offshore workers go there before going on the train back home throughout the UK.

"Sheep the length and breadth of Scotland will now be breathing a sigh of relief"

They definitely won’t be worried about you doing them any damage with that thing.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Are we not expecting an increase in numbers anyway as we know it hasn’t gone and people are mixing more so it is going to do the rounds again.

I’m actually thinking of sending my son to boarding school so he can’t bring infection home with him and to be honest after nearly 5 months I could do with a break from him and I’m sure the feeling is mutual

"Are we not expecting an increase in numbers anyway as we know it hasn’t gone and people are mixing more so it is going to do the rounds again.

I’m actually thinking of sending my son to boarding school so he can’t bring infection home with him and to be honest after nearly 5 months I could do with a break from him and I’m sure the feeling is mutual "

Harsh

"Read that the Scottish Government are considering putting an end pub crawling? It’s an interesting idea but how do you stop people from going from one venue to another?

Don't restrict the punters to 1 hour slots for tables or booths. "

Indeed! Or lock-ins. Pubs only “open” for a couple hours. If your not already in at closing time, then you are out.

By *DW1983Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

Sadly hardly a surprise after the pics of some of the bars at the weekend.

I live just outside Aberdeen in the shire but having been in the city for work Monday and Tuesday I decided to cancel a work trip to Edinburgh today just in case. I'm pretty sure I'm fine and don't have it but not worth the risk.

Instead, I'm enjoying the sunshine nude on the beach, reading a good book, the sound of waves crashing in the background...

I believe that 2 people who have the virus flew in from France and went out on Saturday .

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

"I believe that 2 people who have the virus flew in from France and went out on Saturday . "

Yes the Internet rumour mill is rife. Couldn't possibly be the non social distancing d*unk local people, let's blame the Johnny foreigner.

Nobody knows where it came from, there are many asymptomatic people out there, there has been little social distancing in bars.

[Removed by poster at 06/08/20 21:55:14]

"I believe that 2 people who have the virus flew in from France and went out on Saturday . "

Haha, what makes you believe that then. ?

Only asking because I believe an Irish bra salesman on his way to liecester for a triple c cup appointment, used the bra to parachute into Aberdeen then took the train south.

New thread tangent how did the virus start in Aberdeen.

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I have a lot of friends in Aberdeen and they are fuming. One couple is moving to France for work and now can’t say goodbye before they go, it’s a shame.

Hope the idiots in the pubs think it was worth it now.

There's now a lockdown , I'm guessing it was a complex cross border outbreak.

By *uffinMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Close sources say patient zero is under30 an off shore worker who knowingly asymptomatic went out after getting tested awaiting his results then the following day played golf and in having a positive result still played golf the next day.

The guy should be charged for manslaughter

!!

"Close sources say patient zero is under30 an off shore worker who knowingly asymptomatic went out after getting tested awaiting his results then the following day played golf and in having a positive result still played golf the next day.

The guy should be charged for manslaughter

!!"

Still prefer the bra salesman theory,

" One couple is moving to France for work and now can’t say goodbye before they go, it’s a shame. "

They could try saying au revoir

By *acamanCouple  over a year ago

aberdeen

It was them manky glaswegins up in the deen for the fitba on Saturday

» Add a new message to this topic