FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Floating

Floating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who can float. ?

Genuinely curious, have had people tell me I MUST be able to float but I can't.

Can stay up for a few seconds then I sink slowly feet first then the rest of me sinks. I can stay afloat if I move my hands and feet to keep me afloat though.

So can you lie still in a pool and float or are you a sinker like me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Who’s going to own up to being a floater ?

I’m buoyant .

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I could float for hrs.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Yip I can definitely float, so relaxing .

"I could float for hrs. "

How do you do it lol

I've had family hold me with the lightest of touches and I float, the second they move away my legs start to sink then the rest of me, right till I'm lying on the pool floor lmao.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Unfortunately I believe it's all my extra 'insulation' that helps me float so well

By *ccmanCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's all about your core, push your crotch upwards and slightly arch your back.....et voila!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Like a wee jobbie in a pan.

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

I can. At least I used to be able to, been a while since I have tried! Am pretty sure my built in buoyancy suit helps

K

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I can! got a couple of things that help

I can, but not easily.

I used to be able to.

Might have to try it again when I can x

"I can, but not easily."

See I think it's a case of you either can or cant. If you can then it must be easy , surely.

You dont use energy to float.

"It's all about your core, push your crotch upwards and slightly arch your back.....et voila!"

Nope , have had about 5 different people trying to make it happen, all these things gave been tried, I can float on my back as long as I have even the slightest bit of support under my feet, even a pinkie holding up my feet. The minute that support goes away my feet start sinking then the rest of me goes down. People cannot believe it .lmao HELP !!!!

I can float. If you look at the sky/roof it helps

By *rs She DevilWoman  over a year ago

Blantyre

Yes, I can and find it very easy to do. Saves buying a lilo on holiday.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I love floating. Think you need to be totally relaxed to float.

Yes and it's something I love doing. So relaxing. Can't wait to be able to again.

"It's all about your core, push your crotch upwards and slightly arch your back.....et voila!

Nope , have had about 5 different people trying to make it happen, all these things gave been tried, I can float on my back as long as I have even the slightest bit of support under my feet, even a pinkie holding up my feet. The minute that support goes away my feet start sinking then the rest of me goes down. People cannot believe it .lmao HELP !!!!"

Did you check your trunks? Mrs not follow my advice to stitch a couple of concrete slabs into them?

By *tew1985Man  over a year ago

Near You

OP do have a very low percentage of body fat? Probs under 10%, abs showing and hard to pinch an inch? If you're like that with a well built frame you will sink. I went through a stage when about 7% body fat and couldn't float. I'm back to being a floater now.haha

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Are you a shark, OP? They can't float either

[Removed by poster at 29/08/20 21:21:44]

No idea never tried to float, can swim though

"It's all about your core, push your crotch upwards and slightly arch your back.....et voila!

Nope , have had about 5 different people trying to make it happen, all these things gave been tried, I can float on my back as long as I have even the slightest bit of support under my feet, even a pinkie holding up my feet. The minute that support goes away my feet start sinking then the rest of me goes down. People cannot believe it .lmao HELP !!!!

Did you check your trunks? Mrs not follow my advice to stitch a couple of concrete slabs into them?"

No much room in a pair of speedos..

"OP do have a very low percentage of body fat? Probs under 10%, abs showing and hard to pinch an inch? If you're like that with a well built frame you will sink. I went through a stage when about 7% body fat and couldn't float. I'm back to being a floater now.haha "

No I would say I have enough percentage of body fat to keep me afloat if that was the issue.

Did you check your trunks? Mrs not follow my advice to stitch a couple of concrete slabs into them?

No much room in a pair of speedos.. "

Ffs....another 6 months of therapy for me with that visual.

"I love floating. Think you need to be totally relaxed to float."

That's why I can't float! I haven't been relaxed since October 9th 1983

Lanarkshire

"I could float for hrs.

How do you do it lol

I've had family hold me with the lightest of touches and I float, the second they move away my legs start to sink then the rest of me, right till I'm lying on the pool floor lmao."

You need to be totally relaxed.

I can float and I love it, but I'm not sretched out flat.

My feet are on the surface but my ass is well and truly in the water.

It's getting the boyency right i think.

even dead bodies float

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"I can float and I love it, but I'm not sretched out flat.

My feet are on the surface but my ass is well and truly in the water.

It's getting the boyency right i think.

even dead bodies float "

Dead bodies only float after about a week, if you’re not dead before then it’ll surely kill ye

You need to relax. If you can't its almost impossible. Relax and breath nice and steadily

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Berlin, Germany

I love a good float - mango ice cream and cloudy lemonade.

Or the good old fashion vanilla ice cream and .

Yummy

By *exmadcouple42Couple  over a year ago

Home

Your leg density will cause you to sink and drag lol. Try tilting head slightly back,big breath to fill the lungs exhaling slowly, arms out and knees slightly bent but together to prevent water getting through, feet will be slightly lower . That will help a sinker float.

Swimmers find it hard to float due to shape of their legs allowing water to pass through the gaps and also the weight of muscles , those whose legs have no gaps when together will float no problem.

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Berlin, Germany

Apologies for the previous flippant post.

But for those of you who have issues with floating, the RLNI have a good campaign called Float to Live.

It gives a step by step guide on how to float in cold water. It has saved lives.

Give it a google (other search engines are available).

By *otPrinceHarryMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"They float, Georgie, and when you’re down here with me, you’ll float, too."

Nothing better than floating in the sea on a sunny day, although on more than one occasion I've had the proverbial scared out of me by an overly curious seal.

By *awaiianguyMan  over a year ago

East Ayrshire

Just a thought,

Ordeal by water was associated with the witch hunts of the 16th and 17th centuries: an accused who sank was considered innocent, while floating indicated witchcraft. Some argued that witches floated because they had renounced baptism when entering the Devil's service.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

After all the shit talk on the lounge, i thought this was about faecal floaters *face palm*

I don't swim, so there's a conspiracy.

Lanarkshire

"Your leg density will cause you to sink and drag lol. Try tilting head slightly back,big breath to fill the lungs exhaling slowly, arms out and knees slightly bent but together to prevent water getting through, feet will be slightly lower . That will help a

Swimmers find it hard to float due to shape of their legs allowing water to pass through the gaps and also the weight of muscles , those whose legs have no gaps when together will float no problem. "

I prefer to starfish.

"Your leg density will cause you to sink and drag lol. Try tilting head slightly back,big breath to fill the lungs exhaling slowly, arms out and knees slightly bent but together to prevent water getting through, feet will be slightly lower . That will help a sinker float.

Swimmers find it hard to float due to shape of their legs allowing water to pass through the gaps and also the weight of muscles , those whose legs have no gaps when together will float no problem. "

Honestly tried it all, every year on holiday it's part of my mission in the pool but no joy. Tried all the advice , relaxing , tilting head, everything. I Google it and 99.9% if people can float, that means I'm the 0.01% that us just destined to sink.

Ps interesting point about Devils and witches floating , must mean I'm an angel.

"Your leg density will cause you to sink and drag lol. Try tilting head slightly back,big breath to fill the lungs exhaling slowly, arms out and knees slightly bent but together to prevent water getting through, feet will be slightly lower . That will help a sinker float.

Swimmers find it hard to float due to shape of their legs allowing water to pass through the gaps and also the weight of muscles , those whose legs have no gaps when together will float no problem.

Honestly tried it all, every year on holiday it's part of my mission in the pool but no joy. Tried all the advice , relaxing , tilting head, everything. I Google it and 99.9% if people can float, that means I'm the 0.01% that us just destined to sink.

Ps interesting point about Devils and witches floating , must mean I'm an angel. "

You're in that 0.01%.

Savour this moment.

Cannae be very often you're told you're special.

By *othoneygirlWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I can float but my hubby and one of my sons can’t. We’ve tried various techniques with them over the years but to no avail.

Ps interesting point about Devils and witches floating , must mean I'm an angel.

You're in that 0.01%.

Savour this moment.

Cannae be very often you're told you're special."

Everyone knows I'm special, anyway why you on Fab today, thought you'd be doon the Maltman , grab a gagging for it OAP afternoon event.

You're in that 0.01%.

Savour this moment.

Everyone knows I'm special, anyway why you on Fab today, thought you'd be doon the Maltman , grab a gagging for it OAP afternoon event. "

Perhaps a question for another thread, does yer false teeth sink or float.

You're in that 0.01%.

Savour this moment.

Everyone knows I'm special, anyway why you on Fab today, thought you'd be doon the Maltman , grab a gagging for it OAP afternoon event.

Perhaps a question for another thread, does yer false teeth sink or float. "

I left my teeth at home. They're queuing up like lambs to the slaughter.

You're in that 0.01%.

Savour this moment.

Perhaps a question for another thread, does yer false teeth sink or float.

I left my teeth at home. They're queuing up like lambs to the slaughter."

Home

Ps interesting point about Devils and witches floating , must mean I'm an angel. "

I'm a swimmer and I can't float in heated or chlorinated water without arm or leg movements to keep me afloat. However I can float in sea water (salt water) with water movement swells under me. Our bodies aren't designed to float, we are not a solid body like fish so it's all those who can float who are weird .

I'm a swimmer and I can't float in heated or chlorinated water without arm or leg movements to keep me afloat. However I can float in sea water (salt water) with water movement swells under me. Our bodies aren't designed to float, we are not a solid body like fish so it's all those who can float who are weird .

"

To be wierd, is the new norm

Home

To be wierd, is the new norm "

Yes it's no fun being normal. Weird and different is good

» Add a new message to this topic