FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Hairdresser

Hairdresser

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *vcarol OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

I need a bit of help. To put you in the picture, I’m beginning a long process of transitioning. My only hurdle at the moment is , as per the title, the hair.

Sad to say what you see in the pics are wigs, and I hate them!

So I’ve been growing my hair out, since December and now it’s getting to the must do something stage.

Normally go into a shop, sit down , and go for it. But I can’t- only a very very select few ever get to see what lives under the current blonde. It’s the only thing I’m probably self conscious about, so peeling it off in a packed shop, er, no. Walking into a shop without... er no.

So I need someone who can sort or start to knock into shape what’s there. It needs cut, dyed and tamed.....

It can be someone on here, a recommendation or ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Perhaps look for someone who is mobile so would come to you. Might make you feel a bit more comfortable at home rather than a busy shop?

I can understand how you feel to an extent, I find visiting the hair dressers really daunting.

Good luck with everything x

By *uburban_kinkCouple  over a year ago

Motherwell

Sounds like mobile is going to be the best way to go.

Pull together a few mood boards for styles you like, will allow you to open up a discussion on what’s possible with what you currently have under the wig.

By *ebimimosaTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am lucky to have my hippy length hair, what I would like is a style of male during the day and femme at night.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I definitely think a mobile hairdresser would be the way forward.

My hairdresser works from her home and walks locally to others houses but that wouldn’t help you as you’re too far away, sorry

Hope you find someone to help

By *vcarol OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

Hi Cadbury, you have a wee message from me.

Big thanks, X

I should have added, I don’t mind traveling.

X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My hairdresser went mobile after the lockdown was eased and a lot of folk have according to her. Are you on any local FB pages where you could ask if there are mobile hairdressers?

» Add a new message to this topic