FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Any After8 News?

Any After8 News?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *awaiianguy OP   Man  over a year ago

East Ayrshire

I had read on another website that After8 was closing. Does anyone know if this is true?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

SK have announced they are closing and they operated from the After 8 club. I believe that After 8 have also said they won't reopen but haven't seen anything official

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"SK have announced they are closing and they operated from the After 8 club. I believe that After 8 have also said they won't reopen but haven't seen anything official

"

Who's SK?

After8 still online here, so hopefully it's just gossip x

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"SK have announced they are closing and they operated from the After 8 club. I believe that After 8 have also said they won't reopen but haven't seen anything official

Who's SK?

After8 still online here, so hopefully it's just gossip x"

Sugar Kane. It was a fetish event held on a Sunday afternoon at After Eight.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They should because it’s a terrible venue

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"They should because it’s a terrible venue "

Nothing wrong with after8 as long as you're not actually expecting a club

More of a house party i always found and had some fantastic nights there x

By *r humanMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

It great venue with good staff and people go could there great mix of people from all walks life it very sad see sugar Kane close never hear bad word about it

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've only been to it once, but know loads of regulars that loved the place.

If it is closing than it's a shame to the Scottish clubbing scene as it needs extra choices.

Mandy

By *orteMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I've only been to it once.

The people seemed nice.

If it is closing than it's a shame to the Scottish clubbing scene as it needs extra choices.

By *eefdoddusCouple  over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Hope not...! We've had lots of fun there. Be sad to see it go but bills etc. have to be paid.

I'd expect some kind of announcement though.

By *idandnancy95Couple  over a year ago

Fife

It would be horrible if the club closed, full of amazing people and wonderful nights. We have been going for years now I hope this is not true

By *horman11Man  over a year ago

Thurso

It would be a shame if After8 did close as the staff and its customers were always friendly when I was there,and a good time was had by all lol.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Just had a look for their site and it's been replaced by a game page.

No idea when it changed, as even older pages via the Waybackmachine redirect to the game page.

Mandy

By *untimes8Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Hi guys. Yes we are having to close the doors. We will keep you posted with any news.

Thanks for your support over the years and hope to see you all in the future.

A & P xxxx

Have a word with yourself mate. It might not be a place for you but it’s a business that is obviously struggling and could do with a bit of support. There’s a massive lack of clubs in scotland for various different reasons and people try their best to give us a safe place to have fun.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Hi guys. Yes we are having to close the doors. We will keep you posted with any news.

A & P xxxx

"

good luck for the future

By *horman11Man  over a year ago

Thurso

"Hi guys. Yes we are having to close the doors. We will keep you posted with any news.

A & P xxxx

"

If I win the lottery I will give you money to restart club again when this shit is over,good luck for the future xxx

By *ere4agoodtime11Couple  over a year ago

East Lothian

A & P xxxx

"

hi guys the club will be sadly missed. We have had many a good night over the last 10 years. Love you both. Xx

A & P xxxx

"

Gutted for you guys, let's hope things pick up in the future and you re-open even bigger and better. I'm sure when covid passes you will get lots of support from the Fab community to attend your next club and once again make it a viable business. Take care guys.

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

"I've only been to it once, but know loads of regulars that loved the place.

Mandy"

Agree with this. After8 was not to my taste but one less club in scotland isn't great, especially after we lost Aberdeen a few years ago

That is sad news indeed had many a great time in there I will miss everyone I met with in there And of course the brilliant staff take care guys x

What a total arsy thing to say , regardless of the nature of business, or your personal thoughts on the club itself, its still a Scottish business thats going down due to the effects of covid.

Heres hoping nothing covid related ever happens to you .

By *hebs maloneyWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Cant believe what I read going to miss going to the club catching up with people there and the staff who where amazing good luck guys xx

By *uffinMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Pitty its closing but they did charge way way too much for entry. clubs in other parts like leeds only charge £20 membership and £10 entry they also had much more facilities too. It was in an expensive location to keep going but a sad victim of china flu.

The hope is we get new venues with more facilities and that are affordable.

Fife

"Pitty its closing but they did charge way way too much for entry. clubs in other parts like leeds only charge £20 membership and £10 entry they also had much more facilities too. It was in an expensive location to keep going but a sad victim of china flu.

The hope is we get new venues with more facilities and that are affordable."

You got what you payed for in the centre of Edinburgh. Great place run by great people. The real hope is people remember the amazing times we had there. Always be thankful for what you have instead of moaning like it’s not fair, no one forces you to go, or to be spiteful.

By *andj65Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

A & P xxxx

"

So sorry to hear this guys, hope you are both well.

We have had some amazing times at After 8, sadly not the last couple of years as we've had other things going on....life in general kinda takes you by the balls.

We have some great memories in the club over many years, met some great folks who we still call friends.

Wishing you guys well in new ventures or whatever you do in the future, I'll keep in touch

Take care and keep safe,

Jo n Jim x

By *awaiianguy OP   Man  over a year ago

East Ayrshire

I was hoping, it wasn't closing. My first adventure was at after8 and I've always had a good time there; socially or otherwise

A good bunch, and I will miss it.

Thanks.

D x

By *yrshireyoungguyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Sorry to hear this, visited the club a few times over the years. Always enjoyed it

By *tellaartoisCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sorry to hear this. We started our swinging in this club, loved it. All the best.

K&A xx

Thats a shame. We've had brilliant nights there and have made some great friends.

Will miss it loads x

By *inkyCJWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

It has been so hard trying to keep a business going through these times and am genuinely sorry to hear this news. I have known Angie & Paul for many many years now and wish them well for whatever the future holds for them. Cj x

Absolutely gutted, feels like I’ve lost a family member.

All the best for the future PnA - you have a lot of friends who hope to see you again.

Nice to see such a lovely response from Caroline: hope to be back at your club soon x

By *ill-Ian KissesCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere over there

A & P xxxx

"

Really sad to hear this; had only just started going to other clubs and enjoyed our first night there, not long before lockdown Best of luck to you both going forward.

Millie and Ian

Had been a few times and had some. Fun times there with arranged meets, sad it's going

By *mudg3rMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

A & P xxxx

"

Truly sorry to hear this news. Always good craic and Angie and Paul are perfect hosts.

Best wishes for your future.

edinburgh

Am very sad hear news about after eight club close as going to it past 11 years it was great meet lots of sexy people from all age groups and races have drink have chat have fun all in same time p and a where great host put hell lot of effort running club all way felt safe and welcome with p and a wish all best for future

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Just wants to say a big thankyou to all those I've met through After 8 over the years and wish everyone a safe future wherever it may take us. Xxxx

So sad to hear this, we only made it once before COVID happened but we were made to feel welcome and comfortable from the outset and had a great night. Were so looking forward to returning, best of luck in the future.

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Not been for ages but we were hoping to be back soon

Good luck for the future folks xx

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

We wish you guys all the best x

We had some great nights in the club and hope to catch up in future and wish you all the best

Xx

By *dinburghroseWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I am sad to hear that the club is closing. Have got great memories there. Have met many great people there.

By *uds1Couple  over a year ago

lanark

Shame,only went once,great night

Not good news for Scottish swingers , will be sadly missed

By *loobookMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

so sorry to hear this,had many many wondeful nights there with effy and met loads of great folks.all the best to the owners and staff and hope things pick up for you soon

Sorry to see this close - we met at the club and it will be a shame for Edinburgh not to have any club. We never had any trouble there but understand that these are very difficult times xx

Well this news is a pile of pish

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

All the best P & A

All the best guys sorry to hear this x hope you are able to find a new venture xx

By *uriousandnaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Oh no this is dreadful news. Some great nights spent there, even if didnt get to play. Great staff and banter and the opportunity to meet and chat with others who share the same interests and introduce new ideas too.

Fingers crossed for P&A and hopefully we can all catch once we get overvall this.

By *otrock-cplCouple  over a year ago

Glenrothes

The times we were there we found it very much a them and us kind of place with all the wee kleeks and much prefer CJ’s but all in all a shame they have had to close all the same.

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

Aw no I’m so sorry to hear you’re closing. Always found A and P loads of

Fun and brilliant hosts. Have moved away I’ve not been for over a year, but had some brilliant nights there.

Best of luck guys and hope something comes up in the future for y’all.

This is devastating news! We were regulars and loved seeing everyone. Will be sadly missed thats for sure xx

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

After 8 was the first club i went to and i returned several times. A sad day to see it closing and it will missed by many.x

edinburgh

Sad day. It was always a hit or a miss. The last time I was there it was just me another single guy and a couple by the back of 2 but one of the first times I attended it was rammed and everyone who was anyone was shagging all over the place!

Once things settle down the couple who just started hosting the monthly nights in Edinburgh could see an upsurge in interest in their events.

I can echoe the above comments about it being cliquey but what club isn’t, I mean that in all walk of life.

Hopefully something opens up in replacement of After Eight as Edinburgh needs a venue for like minded people.

"Sad day. It was always a hit or a miss. The last time I was there it was just me another single guy and a couple by the back of 2 but one of the first times I attended it was rammed and everyone who was anyone was shagging all over the place!

Once things settle down the couple who just started hosting the monthly nights in Edinburgh could see an upsurge in interest in their events.

I can echoe the above comments about it being cliquey but what club isn’t, I mean that in all walk of life.

Hopefully something opens up in replacement of After Eight as Edinburgh needs a venue for like minded people."

What couple is this? Did they advertise on here?

edinburgh

"Sad day. It was always a hit or a miss. The last time I was there it was just me another single guy and a couple by the back of 2 but one of the first times I attended it was rammed and everyone who was anyone was shagging all over the place!

Hopefully something opens up in replacement of After Eight as Edinburgh needs a venue for like minded people.

What couple is this? Did they advertise on here?"

I believe in discretion.

I believe in discretion. "

Ha! Fair enough

We are sad to hear that the club has gone. We have great memories there. Sad news for the swinging scene in Scotland.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I believe in discretion.

Ha! Fair enough "

I’m sure if you do a forum search for Edinburgh Social you will probably find the thread they were discussed on

edinburgh

I believe in discretion.

Ha! Fair enough

I’m sure if you do a forum search for Edinburgh Social you will probably find the thread they were discussed on "

Deary me, what an arsehole. I thought the guy was asking about the couple who was in After Eight the last time I was there. I need to find something to try and keep my brain active as it’s obviously bubbling away to shite just now

edinburgh

I believe in discretion.

Ha! Fair enough "

I’ll bump the thread for you, mate

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I believe in discretion.

Ha! Fair enough

I’m sure if you do a forum search for Edinburgh Social you will probably find the thread they were discussed on

Deary me, what an arsehole. I thought the guy was asking about the couple who was in After Eight the last time I was there. I need to find something to try and keep my brain active as it’s obviously bubbling away to shite just now "

I wondered why you wouldn’t say so then I didn’t want to say in case it was inappropriate hence my reply

Ah ok, sorry man I did wonder why it was secret, all makes sense now

By *ohnnyxxxUK4UMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Very sorry to hear the news. I’ve always found After 8 a friendly and welcoming place and have had some great fun there over the years. It has always been one of the must go places whenever I was back in Edinburgh. Have met some great people. Wish you both all the best. Joe x

By *appy nips n the main manCouple  over a year ago

kelty

Nothing wrong with After8 at all, spent some fantastic nights there. Would suggest if someone thought wasn't good they had unrealistic expectations

Omg I visited once before lockdown and was looking forward to going back... one day ......

By *appy nips n the main manCouple  over a year ago

kelty

So sorry with your news, we spent many fab nights at your club & loved lingerie night we hope that this awful pandemic goes and we can have our fab nights again. In the meantime thank you for your fantastic (& safe) club & hope you are keeping safe & well. Take care & hopefully we'll cross paths again xxx

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Such a shame. Hopefully they can find a way to reopen in the future.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

That’s really bad news. We have had some of our best times in there. Met some fantastic people. If I could list how incredible the people we met there were, you wouldn’t believe me! Model, sports star, UN peace keeper, intellectuals, and then the kinky side had some off the scale folks. I cannot believe I won’t be walking in the door again. All the best x

By *untimes8Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Sorry for the delay in reply but thanks to everyone for their kind comments and support over the years. Hopefully we can find another venue and it will be even better on the other side of this virus xx

Look after yourselves.

A & P xxx

"Sorry for the delay in reply but thanks to everyone for their kind comments and support over the years. Hopefully we can find another venue and it will be even better on the other side of this virus xx

Look after yourselves.

"

Hope so A&P take care xxx

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

"Sorry for the delay in reply but thanks to everyone for their kind comments and support over the years. Hopefully we can find another venue and it will be even better on the other side of this virus xx

Look after yourselves.

A & P xxx"

Now we are talking. As much as I liked the charm of the place... a new venue would be full of possibilities.

edinburgh

That great news a and p lest this something looks forward to 2021 when get new venue I first in last to leave as use hope both keep well and safe this sad days

By *ornyguy9120Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Good to hear.

Come back bigger and better.

By *mudg3rMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Look after yourselves.

A & P xxx"

Best news for a while. Hope it all works out.

By *ersatile-1Man  over a year ago

stirlingshire

Will you keep this profile so we can find you again?

Look after yourselves.

A & P xxx"

Suggestions for a good venue?

By *e libertineMan  over a year ago

London

"The times we were there we found it very much a them and us kind of place with all the wee kleeks and much prefer CJ’s but all in all a shame they have had to close all the same."

I totally agree with this i went a few times as part of a couple and found it clique , then when i returned as a single male i was made to feel like i wasnt if any value whatsoever ..very sad.

However no one wants to see peoples business's going under

Fife

Look after yourselves.

A & P xxx"

We look forward to being some of the first through the door, much love you too

By *dinburghroseWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

hope so as I have have lots of great memories of the club.

By *atsnTitsCouple  over a year ago

Land Of Naughtiness

Such a shame. That’s where I met the love of my life

Look forward to visiting new venue. Might trade tats in for a younger model

Flic

» Add a new message to this topic