FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Rats!

Rats!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he_batman OP   Man  over a year ago

Gotham

Anyone else noticed they are seeing more and more rats about? I live in Motherwell and seen loads in the last few months. A few other people I have spoken to in Surrounding towns have said the same, I wonder if there is a reason for it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *itznBobz2018Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

I am no expert. But I would guess that as there is less and less people out eating and throwing away there litter the rats are having to venture out more and into new areas. I have heard its the same with city foxes

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

We are also building more and more houses in areas where animals normally live forcing them into other areas. Probably a combination of lots of things .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not seen any but I'm shitting myself that my cat will bring one in. My garden is like Pet Cemetery.

By *yrdsisWoman  over a year ago

Gleam Street

Plenty round our way... luckily, the dog is a great rat killer.. I can't use my gun licence in city boundaries.... where it's needed more I reckon...

By *2ooMan  over a year ago

Borders

Call the environmental agency we had to cause of neighbors with chickens the caught 6 with poison

By *J-32Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yea , loads , alot of them seem to pop up in forums or chat rooms lol

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Don't think I've ever seen a rat. Seen and met plenty human ones though. i

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

Might be linked with the increased fly tipping due to many of the amenity tips being closed or on reduced hours, certainly noticing more than he before

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

"Might be linked with the increased fly tipping due to many of the amenity tips being closed or on reduced hours, certainly noticing more than he before "

More fly tipping, not seen any rats myself, and nope I don’t have any mirrors

"I am no expert. But I would guess that as there is less and less people out eating and throwing away there litter the rats are having to venture out more and into new areas. I have heard its the same with city foxes "

There were amazing photos at the height of lockdown showing deer roaming about Glasgow City centre.

Nature is returning, man is the virus, etc etc

By *kbull2000Man  over a year ago

Carluke

"Call the environmental agency we had to cause of neighbors with chickens the caught 6 with poison "

Not even the tip of the iceberg. I used to work for a well known pest control company whilst studying at Uni. Being called out to properties with chickens was always considered the shit end of the job due to the amount of rats they attract. They usually nest under or very close to the coop.

The only real methods of eradicating them was digging them out whilst using ratting dogs or gassing them.

"Plenty round our way... luckily, the dog is a great rat killer.. I can't use my gun licence in city boundaries.... where it's needed more I reckon..."

can you imagine;

shooting a rat with a 7.62/.308

"Anyone else noticed they are seeing more and more rats about? I live in Motherwell and seen loads in the last few months. A few other people I have spoken to in Surrounding towns have said the same, I wonder if there is a reason for it "
did the have green tops on by chance

"Anyone else noticed they are seeing more and more rats about? I live in Motherwell and seen loads in the last few months. A few other people I have spoken to in Surrounding towns have said the same, I wonder if there is a reason for it "

It’s been a while since I’ve seen one but I almost ran one over yesterday driving to work. Big fucker too

By *he_batman OP   Man  over a year ago

Gotham

I was talking to someone who had the councils pest control out and he said during lockdown when all the restaurants and pubs etc were closed they weren't producing any waste which is a rats main food source, so they were foraging for food in household waste bins etc. And his wife gave the pest control guy a nice socially distanced flash for his help

» Add a new message to this topic