Tier system

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r Costa xx OP   Man  over a year ago

stirling

[Removed by poster at 27/10/20 23:00:16]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

stirling

Listening on radio tonight and they were saying Lanarkshire is likely to go to full closure of cafes etc due to high rates, wider areas like central belt stopping the sale of alcohol, so are you ready for another lockdown?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Could see it happening for a while now only thing i disagree on is the schools staying open! crazy

stirling

"Could see it happening for a while now only thing i disagree on is the schools staying open! crazy "

I also don’t get how large production facilities can stay open but small establishments must close, look at the 2sisters plant in Coupar Angus for example....going to be a long winter

its all so fucked up

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Yes I'm ready !

its been such a hard and difficult month for me personally.

We done it before we can do it again if we all stick to the rules

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Prepared this time. Getting hair done on Friday.

By *cots tottyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Think she has made a few mistakes again what classes as a meal in a pub also would it not be good for people to know what figures would allow them to go down a tier surely it would be an incentive for people to know the figures

stirling

"Yes I'm ready !

We done it before we can do it again if we all stick to the rules "

I’m sure you’re right Nawty, I just wish the rules made a little more sense, feels like we’re shooting in the dark most of the time, #aaarghhh

stirling

"Prepared this time. Getting hair done on Friday."

Remember the nails

stirling

"Think she has made a few mistakes again what classes as a meal in a pub also would it not be good for people to know what figures would allow them to go down a tier surely it would be an incentive for people to know the figures "

Good point, I’m still not sure what difference selling alcohol makes to whether you open or close, especially for the smaller premises

"Yes I'm ready !

We done it before we can do it again if we all stick to the rules

I’m sure you’re right Nawty, I just wish the rules made a little more sense, feels like we’re shooting in the dark most of the time, #aaarghhh"

This is true !

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Listening on radio tonight and they were saying Lanarkshire is likely to go to full closure of cafes etc due to high rates, wider areas like central belt stopping the sale of alcohol, so are you ready for another lockdown? "

Cheers for the reminder. Doom master

Lanarkshire

"Prepared this time. Getting hair done on Friday."

Yesterday for me #lockdownlocks

stirling

"Prepared this time. Getting hair done on Friday.

Yesterday for me #lockdownlocks"

I’m sharpening the scissors if you need another trim

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Us in Midlothian will ease seamlessly from the current added restrictions to level 3 come Thursday.

As you were as they say

If she puts Lanarkshire into tier 4 and Glasgow into tier 3, I think there's going to be a lot of angry people. Sure, Lanarkshire cases have risen but the figures in Glasgow are higher so surely Glasgow would into tier 4 as well. The whole thing is beyond a farce now

"If she puts Lanarkshire into tier 4 and Glasgow into tier 3, I think there's going to be a lot of angry people. Sure, Lanarkshire cases have risen but the figures in Glasgow are higher so surely Glasgow would into tier 4 as well. The whole thing is beyond a farce now "
I don't fully understand how its all going to work either as there are a lot of people in Lanarkshire who work in Glasgow & vice versa

By *rwomble 56Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

Been traveling to my elderly parents in Lanarkshire with their shopping each week and up to couple of weeks ago able to sit outside now back to leaving at their front door

It's their mental health is just as much worry as the physical and hopefully not be on restrictions at Christmas time but I doubt it

Lanarkshire

"If she puts Lanarkshire into tier 4 and Glasgow into tier 3, I think there's going to be a lot of angry people. Sure, Lanarkshire cases have risen but the figures in Glasgow are higher so surely Glasgow would into tier 4 as well. The whole thing is beyond a farce now I don't fully understand how its all going to work either as there are a lot of people in Lanarkshire who work in Glasgow & vice versa "

Still allowing travel for work. Damn I was looking forward to another wee holiday on full pay.

Lanarkshire

"Prepared this time. Getting hair done on Friday.

Yesterday for me #lockdownlocks

I’m sharpening the scissors if you need another trim "

I better watch my tongue then in case you end up stabbing me with them for ma cheek haha

"If she puts Lanarkshire into tier 4 and Glasgow into tier 3, I think there's going to be a lot of angry people. Sure, Lanarkshire cases have risen but the figures in Glasgow are higher so surely Glasgow would into tier 4 as well. The whole thing is beyond a farce now I don't fully understand how its all going to work either as there are a lot of people in Lanarkshire who work in Glasgow & vice versa "

That's the thing though, can people still travel to work? In the debate today she said no one should travel unless absolutely necessary. People may have to work from home again. This is going to bring the economy to it's knees!

stirling

"If she puts Lanarkshire into tier 4 and Glasgow into tier 3, I think there's going to be a lot of angry people. Sure, Lanarkshire cases have risen but the figures in Glasgow are higher so surely Glasgow would into tier 4 as well. The whole thing is beyond a farce now I don't fully understand how its all going to work either as there are a lot of people in Lanarkshire who work in Glasgow & vice versa

That's the thing though, can people still travel to work? In the debate today she said no one should travel unless absolutely necessary. People may have to work from home again. This is going to bring the economy to it's knees!"

I think we will be paying the cost of this for many years to come, going to be a stressful Xmas for so many with uncertainties around employment

"If she puts Lanarkshire into tier 4 and Glasgow into tier 3, I think there's going to be a lot of angry people. Sure, Lanarkshire cases have risen but the figures in Glasgow are higher so surely Glasgow would into tier 4 as well. The whole thing is beyond a farce now I don't fully understand how its all going to work either as there are a lot of people in Lanarkshire who work in Glasgow & vice versa

That's the thing though, can people still travel to work? In the debate today she said no one should travel unless absolutely necessary. People may have to work from home again. This is going to bring the economy to it's knees!"

Will just need to see what the rules are come Thursday but if you are in emolyment where you can't work from home and you don't have much choice what do you do !

That's the thing though, can people still travel to work? In the debate today she said no one should travel unless absolutely necessary. People may have to work from home again. This is going to bring the economy to it's knees!

I think we will be paying the cost of this for many years to come, going to be a stressful Xmas for so many with uncertainties around employment "

If there's a Xmas at all. There are many people who live alone, me for one and I'm unable to visit my parents because of the restrictions. Nicola Sturgeon dud say that it wouldn't be a "normal" Xmas, as well know anyway but that there may well still be some restrictions too. So it may very possibly be Xmas at home by myself this year

That's the thing though, can people still travel to work? In the debate today she said no one should travel unless absolutely necessary. People may have to work from home again. This is going to bring the economy to it's knees!Will just need to see what the rules are come Thursday but if you are in emolyment where you can't work from home and you don't have much choice what do you do !"

Unfortunately I am out of work because of Covid, my work let me go. I did get back for few weeks in July but then got let go again and that's been me ever since. It's all very well being a lady of leisure but obviously with not many jobs out there just now, there's nothing I can do. I know that there are other people in the same position as me too. It's just awful!

That's the thing though, can people still travel to work? In the debate today she said no one should travel unless absolutely necessary. People may have to work from home again. This is going to bring the economy to it's knees!Will just need to see what the rules are come Thursday but if you are in emolyment where you can't work from home and you don't have much choice what do you do !

Unfortunately I am out of work because of Covid, my work let me go. I did get back for few weeks in July but then got let go again and that's been me ever since. It's all very well being a lady of leisure but obviously with not many jobs out there just now, there's nothing I can do. I know that there are other people in the same position as me too. It's just awful!"

Awwww sorry to hear that hope you find something soon X

I think we will be paying the cost of this for many years to come, going to be a stressful Xmas for so many with uncertainties around employment

If there's a Xmas at all. There are many people who live alone, me for one and I'm unable to visit my parents because of the restrictions. Nicola Sturgeon dud say that it wouldn't be a "normal" Xmas, as well know anyway but that there may well still be some restrictions too. So it may very possibly be Xmas at home by myself this year"

if you are alone you can form a bubble

If there's a Xmas at all. There are many people who live alone, me for one and I'm unable to visit my parents because of the restrictions. Nicola Sturgeon dud say that it wouldn't be a "normal" Xmas, as well know anyway but that there may well still be some restrictions too. So it may very possibly be Xmas at home by myself this yearif you are alone you can form a bubble "

Yes but it would help if I knew someone to have that bubble with

stirling

That's the thing though, can people still travel to work? In the debate today she said no one should travel unless absolutely necessary. People may have to work from home again. This is going to bring the economy to it's knees!Will just need to see what the rules are come Thursday but if you are in emolyment where you can't work from home and you don't have much choice what do you do !

Unfortunately I am out of work because of Covid, my work let me go. I did get back for few weeks in July but then got let go again and that's been me ever since. It's all very well being a lady of leisure but obviously with not many jobs out there just now, there's nothing I can do. I know that there are other people in the same position as me too. It's just awful!"

Consider courier work, with the switch from high st to online there has been a large increase in demand for couriers, just a thought that might help fill the gap

If there's a Xmas at all. There are many people who live alone, me for one and I'm unable to visit my parents because of the restrictions. Nicola Sturgeon dud say that it wouldn't be a "normal" Xmas, as well know anyway but that there may well still be some restrictions too. So it may very possibly be Xmas at home by myself this yearif you are alone you can form a bubble

Yes but it would help if I knew someone to have that bubble with"

I was meaning with your patents or even a friend

Unfortunately I am out of work because of Covid, my work let me go. I did get back for few weeks in July but then got let go again and that's been me ever since. It's all very well being a lady of leisure but obviously with not many jobs out there just now, there's nothing I can do. I know that there are other people in the same position as me too. It's just awful!

Consider courier work, with the switch from high st to online there has been a large increase in demand for couriers, just a thought that might help fill the gap "

I would but I don't drive

stirling

Consider courier work, with the switch from high st to online there has been a large increase in demand for couriers, just a thought that might help fill the gap

I would but I don't drive"

That’s definitely going be a stumbling block

I can’t see the tier system working as Scotland is too small. It’s expected that Lanarkshire will be put into tier 4. From where I live in Lanarkshire I can travel to Greater Glasgow, Dumbartonshire and Forth Valley areas all within 15 minutes. If these places are in lower tiers people will travel

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

5 tiers and there isn’t a tier number 5 and there isn’t a tier to suggest normality

And she said stay alert was confusing.

By *sa and HarryCouple  over a year ago

motherwell

Unfortunately everything being done to combat Covid 19 is trial and error, nobody in the world knows how to get rid of it.

Penicuik

"5 tiers and there isn’t a tier number 5 and there isn’t a tier to suggest normality

And she said stay alert was confusing."

It really isn’t difficult. Level 0 as close to normality as possible.

Level 1,2,3 roughly aligns with down south.

Level 4 goes to where we were in the middle of pandemic.

Simply having 3 “tiers” wouldn’t allow those areas just as Scottish islands as an example to fully open economy.

The same folks moaning are those who don’t know the difference between a cafe and a restaurant

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"5 tiers and there isn’t a tier number 5 and there isn’t a tier to suggest normality

And she said stay alert was confusing.

It really isn’t difficult. Level 0 as close to normality as possible.

Level 1,2,3 roughly aligns with down south.

Level 4 goes to where we were in the middle of pandemic.

Simply having 3 “tiers” wouldn’t allow those areas just as Scottish islands as an example to fully open economy.

The same folks moaning are those who don’t know the difference between a cafe and a restaurant "

And the people who don’t know what stay alert means are the reason they have to put instructions on bottles of shampoo.

Penicuik

"And the people who don’t know what stay alert means are the reason they have to put instructions on bottles of shampoo."

Penicuik

NHS Lothian has stopped visiting across all sites this afternoon.

Essential visits remain currently.

For patients receiving end of life care

For patients with mental health issues including dementia

For patients with learning disabilities

For patients with autism

For birthing partners

For children

Toiletries, clothes, iPads etc etc can be left with ward staff.

Penicuik

Today’s announcement.

Level 4

No council has been put into Level 4 restrictions - the toughest to be set. They are similar to the lockdown restrictions that were applied across Scotland at the end of March. Earlier this week, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon voiced worries about transmission rates in both South and North Lanarkshire. She said putting those two local authorities into that tier might be "necessary". For now, they are not in there, however, the levels are being reviewed every week. In the Level 4 category schools would remain open but all non-essential shops, as well as pubs and restaurants, gyms, libraries and hairdressers, would be closed.

Level 3

A huge swathe of the country were already in Level 3-type restrictions. Most of the central belt, which covers about 3.3 million people, had seen pubs and restaurants closed and a ban on household visits. Under this new system, Level 3 restrictions see cafes, pubs and restaurants allowed to open until 18:00 to serve food and non-alcoholic drinks. Alcohol sales would not be permitted indoors or outdoors. All leisure and entertainment venues are closed at this level, including cinemas. No non-essential travel is allowed out of a Level 3 area. Indoor exercise, which includes gyms, will be restricted to individual and not group exercise.

Glasgow City

Renfrewshire

East Renfrewshire

East Dunbartonshire

West Dunbartonshire

East Ayrshire

North Ayrshire

South Ayrshire

South Lanarkshire

North Lanarkshire

Inverclyde

City of Edinburgh - ( Government advisers have said "there are some signs in the data of progress in the east". However, for now the capital is in Level 3.)

Midlothian

East Lothian - ( Government advisers have said "there are some signs in the data of progress in the east". However, for now East Lothian is in Level 3.)

West Lothian

Clackmannanshire

Falkirk

Stirling

Dundee ( This council area has gone from Level 2-type restrictions into Level 3 after infection rate rises became an issue)

Level 2

In this tier there will be no in-home socialising allowed and up to six people from two households can meet outdoors and in hospitality settings. Licensed premises can only serve alcohol indoors with a main meal - and then only until 20:00. Outdoors, you can be served until 22:30. Most leisure and entertainment premises are closed except gyms, cinemas, bingo halls and amusement arcades.

Aberdeen

Aberdeenshire

Angus

Argyll & Bute

Borders

Dumfries & Galloway

Fife

Perth & Kinross

Level 1

Some councils which had been in Level 2-type restrictions have been moved into Level 1. However, although the Level 1 definition includes six people from two households meeting indoors this would not apply on 2 November. Level 1 sees a "reasonable" degree of normality. Hospitality has a 22:30 curfew. Weddings and life events would be restricted to a maximum of 20 people. Indoor contact sports for adults are not permitted. Only those unable to work from home should go to their place of employment.

Highland

Moray

Orkney

Shetland

Western Isles

Level 0

No local authority has been assigned this level. Scotland's councils have been told by the government that "it would not be safe to move any area straight to the lowest level".

Ok pubs are open till 6 serving food and non alcoholic drinks and you can’t buy booze in or out the pub ?

What’s to stop buying booze in a supermarket and drinking it in the pub while you have your meal ?

By *indfkdWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I work in hospitality, we have been closed 3 weeks but allowed to reopen on Monday until 6pm with no alcohol

I dont understand what the difference has been since we closed its still tier 3

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ok pubs are open till 6 serving food and non alcoholic drinks and you can’t buy booze in or out the pub ?

What’s to stop buying booze in a supermarket and drinking it in the pub while you have your meal ?

"

The pub staff wouldn't allow it

K

"Ok pubs are open till 6 serving food and non alcoholic drinks and you can’t buy booze in or out the pub ?

K"

On what grounds? They are not allowed to sell but there is nothing in the guidelines that says you cannot bring your own alcohol in and consume on the premises- I would get it if the pub was selling alcohol but they are not. If you bring your own alcohol you are not depriving the bar financially you are simply consuming a product that they are not able to sell

K

On what grounds? They are not allowed to sell but there is nothing in the guidelines that says you cannot bring your own alcohol in and consume on the premises- I would get it if the pub was selling alcohol but they are not. If you bring your own alcohol you are not depriving the bar financially you are simply consuming a product that they are not able to sell "

I think you're totally missing the point why it's not being sold in the first place.

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 31/10/20 15:48:52]

Glasgow

K

On what grounds? They are not allowed to sell but there is nothing in the guidelines that says you cannot bring your own alcohol in and consume on the premises- I would get it if the pub was selling alcohol but they are not. If you bring your own alcohol you are not depriving the bar financially you are simply consuming a product that they are not able to sell

I think you're totally missing the point why it's not being sold in the first place."

Yes I think you're right

Reason no 1 if we're not allowed to sell it then it stands to reason it's not allowed to be consumed

Reason no 2 if it was my establishment I'd escort you out the door without giving you any reasons or grounds

K

» Add a new message to this topic