FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > England going into 2nd lockdown

England going into 2nd lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anarkshirelass OP   Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Seems the consensus is that England will be going into a national lockdown.

No tiers, no levels.

We in Scotland about to go into our different Tiers from Monday 2nd which clearly indicates Scotland are adopting another route. If truth be told I didn't thing the UK Govt would take that road with England, obviously they are now listening to the experts.

This differential in interpretation's of dealing with this will show the UK or SG what is the best route to be taken.

As the saying goes, watch this space

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Seems the consensus is that England will be going into a national lockdown.

No tiers, no levels.

We in Scotland about to go into our different Tiers from Monday 2nd which clearly indicates Scotland are adopting another route. If truth be told I didn't thing the UK Govt would take that road with England, obviously they are now listening to the experts.

This differential in interpretation's of dealing with this will show the UK or SG what is the best route to be taken.

"

I reckon it's coming for us all, only a matter of time

K

By *sa and HarryCouple  over a year ago

motherwell

"Seems the consensus is that England will be going into a national lockdown.

No tiers, no levels.

I reckon it's coming for us all, only a matter of time

K"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

agreed, 2nd lockdown inevitable i think, xmas shopping done today just incase.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Fife

Within a week we will be joining them !

I really hope we dont

lanarkshire

"agreed, 2nd lockdown inevitable i think, xmas shopping done today just incase. "

I personally think the UK Govt are fully aware that come the build up to Christmas and during the holiday period, people from all parts of the UK irrespective of lockdowns fire breakers or Tiers will simply ignore any rules in place.

Take the hit now, reduce or limit the numbers and hope the Christmas period will level out.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Can’t see it making a sod of a difference to us. Just no fun to be had. Just a drudge.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

"Take the hit now, reduce or limit the numbers and hope the Christmas period will level out. "

Went into lockdown to late last time.

Came out lockdown to early.

Eat out to help out simply exacerbated the R number.

Wales, Scotland. NI taking decisive action.

England and coco the clown not a clue.

All these mad yoons on a few weeks ago moaning they couldn’t get a pint.

Don’t hear them so much now.

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think we will be following them shortly. However i think that education should move to online as there is cases within primary schools and secondary etc and to me I don't see how a lockdown would work when people are still going out and dropping kids off and school etc x

Think we will follow very soon within a week if England go down that route

If a second lockdown does happen and kids are still at school, I'll be taking mine out. Cant see him complaining.

Definitely think we will be in full lockdown soon. The fact we have waited more than 3 weeks to be put into these tiers is ridiculous, we have the virus in work, still having to work tho the pub next to me has shut again due to whats going on. This is actually so depressing

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

We're already 1 week into lockdown, you see the stats in England the teir 3 approach would not work and its to confusing.

Penicuik

"We're already 1 week into lockdown, you see the stats in England the teir 3 approach would not work and its to confusing.

"

The central belt in scotland has effectively been in lockdown 3 weeks now. Same as Wales and NI

"We're already 1 week into lockdown, you see the stats in England the teir 3 approach would not work and its to confusing.

The central belt in scotland has effectively been in lockdown 3 weeks now. Same as Wales and NI "

She only announced the tiers on Thursday effective as you know 6am monday

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Things are getting real bad out there. I know far more people catching the virus now than the first time round. Stay safe folks.x

Penicuik

The central belt in scotland has effectively been in lockdown 3 weeks now. Same as Wales and NI

She only announced the tiers on Thursday effective as you know 6am monday"

We’re not taking about the new “level” introduced on Thursday coming in force on Monday. She made the “tiers” correspond to what we’ve been on the last 3 weeks.

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

We’re not taking about the new “level” introduced on Thursday coming in force on Monday. She made the “tiers” correspond to what we’ve been on the last 3 weeks. "

Ye she's just giving them a new name x

lanarkshire

Quite a few peeps intimating we'll follow suit. But why?

This is a 'devolved' issue and a decision has been taken by the SG to implement the Tiers. Only 3 days ago you had Councillors from Aberdeen questioning why they have been put in Tier 2 ( (wanted level 1) against decisions not taken to put the Lanarkshire's into Tier 4.

Cant see them and others being happy now if that was to be changed once again to a total lockdown. That's equivalent to LEVEL 4

NS and the SG are possibly behind the eight ball now...If stats should the lockdown is the better option then it could come back to bite them should we stay at the Tiers but number of deaths and positives cases increase in Scotland as those in England with a lockdown.

As NS said herself, the buck stop here with decisions taken.

For Scotland I hope its the right route we're going down.

Penicuik

We’re not taking about the new “level” introduced on Thursday coming in force on Monday. She made the “tiers” correspond to what we’ve been on the last 3 weeks.

Ye she's just giving them a new name x"

Well we’ve 0-4 with plenty wriggle room.

Boris left zero room with 1,2,3

Scottish islands trading as near normal and those in level 1,2

Down south now fucked because they haven’t any contingency plans like our “levels”

Penicuik

"Quite a few peeps intimating we'll follow suit. But why?

This is a 'devolved' issue and a decision has been taken by the SG to implement the Tiers. Only 3 days ago you had Councillors from Aberdeen questioning why they have been put in Tier 2 ( (wanted level 1) against decisions not taken to put the Lanarkshire's into Tier 4.

Cant see them and others being happy now if that was to be changed once again to a total lockdown. That's equivalent to LEVEL 4

NS and the SG are possibly behind the eight ball now...If stats should the lockdown is the better option then it could come back to bite them should we stay at the Tiers but number of deaths and positives cases increase in Scotland as those in England with a lockdown.

For Scotland I hope its the right route we're going down. "

NS said if we had the fiscal power we’d have been locked down fully 5 weeks ago.

If ever the case for independence and in charge of our own fiscal powers it’s now.

By *iboy69Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Absolutely this

By *iboy69Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Absolutely this

By *dglasgow30TV/TS  over a year ago

glasgow

"I think we will be following them shortly. However i think that education should move to online as there is cases within primary schools and secondary etc and to me I don't see how a lockdown would work when people are still going out and dropping kids off and school etc x"

Totally agree. I've lost all faith with the gov, yes it's a hard job but they should followed places like oz and New Zealand.

NS said if we had the fiscal power we’d have been locked down fully 5 weeks ago.

If ever the case for independence and in charge of our own fiscal powers it’s now. "

Yawn yawn and yawn again, you were singing her praises not so long ago about her way out of covid was so much better than the rest of the uk , going by the increasing numbers Scotland is no better than anywhere else . Whether its 123 or 0 to 4 there's virtually no difference in tiers. You say NS system give wiggle room , what wiggle room is required during a pandemic. Lmfao

All over the world, this affects us all

It's not a competition on who is doing better.

it's real life, people are dying.

I think the people in power thought it would have been controlled by now or somehow just gone away.

Now it's reality, now we have to realistically approach life with living with it until (hopefully)

A vaccine of some sort works that allows us to return to life as we knew it

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

We should have shut the airports down in March, instead we have unrestricted travel with no checks. Only now they restrict it.

England's lockdown will mean in my opinion that the border will be closed for all except trucks/frieght and essential travel.

Scotland rates of cases are platueing at the moment. Englands are spiking. Hopefully we don't go full lockdown again and the tier system works

"Scotland rates of cases are platueing at the moment. Englands are spiking. Hopefully we don't go full lockdown again and the tier system works"

By *aughty Two999Couple  over a year ago

Anytown

No chance

"We should have shut the airports down in March, instead we have unrestricted travel with no checks. Only now they restrict it.

England's lockdown will mean in my opinion that the border will be closed for all except trucks/frieght and essential travel. "

Define essential travel ?

Penicuik

If ever the case for independence and in charge of our own fiscal powers it’s now.

Yawn yawn and yawn again, you were singing her praises not so long ago about her way out of covid was so much better than the rest of the uk , going by the increasing numbers Scotland is no better than anywhere else . Whether its 123 or 0 to 4 there's virtually no difference in tiers. You say NS system give wiggle room , what wiggle room is required during a pandemic. Lmfao"

Behave !

Everyone grab a lockdown buddy, quick!

"We should have shut the airports down in March, instead we have unrestricted travel with no checks. Only now they restrict it.

England's lockdown will mean in my opinion that the border will be closed for all except trucks/frieght and essential travel. "

That is what you wish, but the border will remain open and a stream of camper vans and mobile homes will be on route as we speak, heading north

even if campsites close, they will park along roadsides and forestry carparks.

Scotland will never be covid free as long as the border in un-manned

but then ofcourse Boris says there is no border

If the Scots were French, all would be on the border right now, people would be closing it themselves

But the Scots have no french blood, Scots have been led to obey all their lives and follow like sheep.

Penicuik

"But the Scots have no french blood, Scots have been led to obey all their lives and follow like sheep."

Pish, just look at the latest polling.

The “french” fucked off and surrendered to Germany. Maybe try a wee history lessons before you spout nonsense.

Yawn yawn and yawn again, you were singing her praises not so long ago about her way out of covid was so much better than the rest of the uk , going by the increasing numbers Scotland is no better than anywhere else . Whether its 123 or 0 to 4 there's virtually no difference in tiers. You say NS system give wiggle room , what wiggle room is required during a pandemic. Lmfao

Behave ! "

Will assume you don't have the answers again then. You slate this person and that, you say this and that is bad decisions, all the while Scotland slides deeper and deeper into the covid abyss but can't bring yourself to man up, face the truth and admit wee Nic ain't doing any better. You and your type are blinded by your self centred ambitions of an independent Scotland that you will even use the death of thousands and a global pandemic to further your cause. Sad sad man.

Penicuik

Behave !

Will assume you don't have the answers again then. You slate this person and that, you say this and that is bad decisions, all the while Scotland slides deeper and deeper into the covid abyss but can't bring yourself to man up, face the truth and admit wee Nic ain't doing any better. You and your type are blinded by your self centred ambitions of an independent Scotland that you will even use the death of thousands and a global pandemic to further your cause. Sad sad man. "

Touched a nerve, if you seriously think coco the clown is handling this well you need to lay off the mushrooms.

Personal attacks mean only one thing. You’ve zero debating skills.

Behave !

Will assume you don't have the answers again then. You slate this person and that, you say this and that is bad decisions, all the while Scotland slides deeper and deeper into the covid abyss but can't bring yourself to man up, face the truth and admit wee Nic ain't doing any better. You and your type are blinded by your self centred ambitions of an independent Scotland that you will even use the death of thousands and a global pandemic to further your cause. Sad sad man.

Touched a nerve, if you seriously think coco the clown is handling this well you need to lay off the mushrooms.

Personal attacks mean only one thing. You’ve zero debating skills. "

Debating is a 2 way thing , I asked what wriggle room you think is necessary during a global pandemic and you never answered. I pointed out that you say coco is doing a bad job but you failed to acknowledge that Wee Nic is not doing any better , your the one thats avoiding debating the real issues. I'm not the one saying every 5 minutes we would be better off independent, that's you again. Tell us why it would be better and we can debate it. Back to you mate.

Penicuik

Behave !

Debating is a 2 way thing , I asked what wriggle room you think is necessary during a global pandemic and you never answered. I pointed out that you say coco is doing a bad job but you failed to acknowledge that Wee Nic is not doing any better , your the one thats avoiding debating the real issues. I'm not the one saying every 5 minutes we would be better off independent, that's you again. Tell us why it would be better and we can debate it. Back to you mate. "

Every 5 minutes ? Can you back up that claim. Waiting

Behave !

Debating is a 2 way thing , I asked what wriggle room you think is necessary during a global pandemic and you never answered. I pointed out that you say coco is doing a bad job but you failed to acknowledge that Wee Nic is not doing any better , your the one thats avoiding debating the real issues. I'm not the one saying every 5 minutes we would be better off independent, that's you again. Tell us why it would be better and we can debate it. Back to you mate.

Every 5 minutes ? Can you back up that claim. Waiting "

There we go, just like the SNP , totally clueless and bojo for that matter.

Penicuik

"Every 5 minutes ? Can you back up that claim. Waiting

There we go, just like the SNP , totally clueless and bojo for that matter. "

Still waiting on you substantiating your claim ?

Smoke and mirrors

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Flintshire

And just as England are going into a lockdown, Wales are opening up again....

We're going to be getting day trippers coming to do their shopping

Remember we’re an island and you can come by air, sea and rail, yes air can move more people on mass but if you close it then people will move too another mode to come and go. Even if all modes of coming to Scotland/UK were closed the UK/Scot govs would also need R.I to close their boarder as well as anyone really desperate to get here could still travel their before moving around.

"Think we will follow very soon within a week if England go down that route "

If we do (and it’s now being floated as a possibility) then in my opinion that shows that Scot gov have no confidence in their tiered system that they’ve only just announced and for the constant rule breakers it’s the perfect excuse to say if gov don’t have confidence in their system then why should we, it also stokes the old argument of people saying Sturgeon copies Boris once he does something.

" it also stokes the old argument of people saying Sturgeon copies Boris once he does something. "

Who would ever say that, I mean I'm sure I heard a whisper back in March that she would follow him by around a week on every decision but surely she hasn't done that. Ohhh wait , lmfao.

Maybe if England becomes independent from the UK Scotland will follow. Ache maybe not.

By *rct4Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Little did the little shopkeeper think when the pandemic hit that he would still be open and the high streets wouldn't.

"But the Scots have no french blood, Scots have been led to obey all their lives and follow like sheep.

The “french” fucked off and surrendered to Germany. Maybe try a wee history lessons before you spout nonsense. "

You laddie are living in the past, if you do not realise the strong militant force of the French now, then you should indeed keep living in the past

If the French were Scots, the whole Scottish Border would be a blockade first time round.

Behave !

Personal attacks mean only one thing. You’ve zero debating skills. "

says the guy who's 2nd nature is personal attacks

pmsl

Penicuik

Behave !

says the guy who's 2nd nature is personal attacks

pmsl

"

A grown man calling foul when all his arguments are easy to dispel, Tooooooooo easyyyyy

Penicuik

"But the Scots have no french blood, Scots have been led to obey all their lives and follow like sheep.

The “french” fucked off and surrendered to Germany. Maybe try a wee history lessons before you spout nonsense.

You laddie are living in the past, if you do not realise the strong militant force of the French now, then you should indeed keep living in the past

If the French were Scots, the whole Scottish Border would be a blockade first time round."

My point is factually correct, your point is conjecture.

Anyone heading to tenerife on Sunday

» Add a new message to this topic