FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Furlough Extended...

Furlough Extended...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

Furlough extended to end of march. job retention scheme scrapped for time being. 80% full furough resumes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Penicuik

Absolute kick in the teeth for those who lost jobs when it ended.

Hopefully they can be taken back on again and back onto furlough.

By *ookie an creamCouple  over a year ago

Fife

Too little to late here! P45 had already been issued.

Penicuik

"Too little to late here! P45 had already been issued."

If you were still on payroll 23rd sept you can be rehired and furloughed. Seems to be advice from #martinlewis

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Absolute kick in the teeth for those who lost jobs when it ended.

Hopefully they can be taken back on again and back onto furlough. "

Can businesses actually do that though ...if they've already laid folk off? I have several friends who were made redundant and whilst it's good to know many folk won't face the same fate, it's still a sore one.

"Too little to late here! P45 had already been issued.

If you were still on payroll 23rd sept you can be rehired and furloughed. Seems to be advice from #martinlewis "

Sorry you answered that question now

Penicuik

"Too little to late here! P45 had already been issued.

If you were still on payroll 23rd sept you can be rehired and furloughed. Seems to be advice from #martinlewis

Sorry you answered that question now "

Companies are under no obligation to rehire and furlough but may be in their best interest to stay afloat. Will at least give those they let go 80% wage over festive period and a dark winter ahead.

Penicuik

Still awaiting the fine detail whether it’s tier/level oriented and the “conditions”

Scotland, Wales, NI been asking for this since September. More recently Northern England as well.

It’s ONLY when Southern England is effected that now the matter is being addressed.

The Tory Govt flip flopping all over the place.

By *ookie an creamCouple  over a year ago

Fife

Due to the nature of the business its not in a very good place. Lucky enough that managed to find another job with alot less hours but after months of submitting applications have to take what you can get.

Penicuik

"Due to the nature of the business its not in a very good place. Lucky enough that managed to find another job with alot less hours but after months of submitting applications have to take what you can get."

Hopefully works out well for you

Can businesses actually do that though ...if they've already laid folk off? I have several friends who were made redundant and whilst it's good to know many folk won't face the same fate, it's still a sore one."

I let some staff go in march due to wrong advice from my accountant. After things became clearer I took them back and put them on furlough a couple of weeks later

My accountant was of the belief that due to the nature of my business being able to continue working my workers wouldn’t be able to claim furlough even though most of my contracts came to a halt

Can businesses actually do that though ...if they've already laid folk off? I have several friends who were made redundant and whilst it's good to know many folk won't face the same fate, it's still a sore one.

I let some staff go in march due to wrong advice from my accountant. After things became clearer I took them back and put them on furlough a couple of weeks later

My accountant was of the belief that due to the nature of my business being able to continue working my workers wouldn’t be able to claim furlough even though most of my contracts came to a halt "

for doing that!

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

Too little too late for me as well. It’s shite.

Have vacancies for 3 handy man garden and inside work if anyone interested 6-8,month work

By *eestar38Couple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Only came about to protect England workers.

Was to late for most of the aviation jobs hubby and 10 of our friend lost their jobs.

Even with the scheme being continued there is no guarantee that they will get their job back.

Will just have to watch this space but not looking promising

"Have vacancies for 3 handy man garden and inside work if anyone interested 6-8,month work"

I also have an advert out for workers and I’ve not had a lot of applications. Weird given some of the stories you are hearing of job loses. In February I put the same ad out and had 48 cv’s sent in. I’ve had an ad out for the last 2 weeks and had 5 cv’s. All of which were no use

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

My son advertised for staff with the proviso that they must have a driving licence as they had to drive a van.

What he got was loads of CVs from burger flippers with no licence. Don't they teach people to read nowadays?

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"Have vacancies for 3 handy man garden and inside work if anyone interested 6-8,month work

I also have an advert out for workers and I’ve not had a lot of applications. Weird given some of the stories you are hearing of job loses. In February I put the same ad out and had 48 cv’s sent in. I’ve had an ad out for the last 2 weeks and had 5 cv’s. All of which were no use "

I can’t message you but was interested in the job you’re advertising to see if it’s suitable for my son.

"Have vacancies for 3 handy man garden and inside work if anyone interested 6-8,month work

I also have an advert out for workers and I’ve not had a lot of applications. Weird given some of the stories you are hearing of job loses. In February I put the same ad out and had 48 cv’s sent in. I’ve had an ad out for the last 2 weeks and had 5 cv’s. All of which were no use

I can’t message you but was interested in the job you’re advertising to see if it’s suitable for my son.

"

What line of work is he in?

By *indfkdWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

" I also have an advert out for workers and I’ve not had a lot of applications. Weird given some of the stories you are hearing of job loses. In February I put the same ad out and had 48 cv’s sent in. I’ve had an ad out for the last 2 weeks and had 5 cv’s. All of which were no use "

Maybe people are waiting to see what happens with covid before actively seeking employment it is a hassle for some to come off unemployment and then have to reapply if new restrictions or lockdown comes back in to play, I lost a job in June, thankfully got another but the hours are much less and it is a struggle to say the least

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

I thought this was only if we went into another full lockdown?

By *onkeymagic50Man  over a year ago

Near the harbour

"I thought this was only if we went into another full lockdown?"

No because the hospitality industry is still on its knees no matter the tier they are in

» Add a new message to this topic