FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fireworks

Fireworks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

Houses on fire, emergency services under attack, pets suffering untold misery.

Should fireworks be banned or restricted to licensed events only ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Houses on fire, emergency services under attack, pets suffering untold misery.

Should fireworks be banned or restricted to licensed events only ? "

It's already being discussed

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/03/scottish-minister-vows-to-tackle-antisocial-use-of-fireworks

By *ering Sea OP   Man  over a year ago

Penicuik

Should fireworks be banned or restricted to licensed events only ?

It's already being discussed

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/nov/03/scottish-minister-vows-to-tackle-antisocial-use-of-fireworks"

I know, just wondering what the fab community thought.

Should only be supervised displays in my opinion

Too many upset over weeks on the run up and aftermath with folk still setting them off.

Not too mention the burns folk get mucking about with them.

Banned....without a shadow of a doubt.

Saw a post on FB about some utter fucking scumbags who terrified a wee pony with firevworks and it died. I'd hang the fuckers up and knock fuck out of them.

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow.

[Removed by poster at 06/11/20 18:15:04]

By *sa and HarryCouple  over a year ago

motherwell

Should fireworks be banned or restricted to licensed events only ? "

Drug and Alcoholism causes more misery on a daily basis.

Have always said banned yet whenever I hear them outside I rush excitedly to the window.

Must be a pavlov’s dug thing from childhood!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Should fireworks be banned or restricted to licensed events only ? Drug and Alcoholism causes more misery on a daily basis.

"

Usually self inflicted though. People setting off fireworks irresponsibly can injure other people and damage property. A fab friend had his car damaged by a firework. I’d say ban the sale in shops and supermarkets and keep it to displays.

Restricted to licensed events.

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

"Banned....without a shadow of a doubt.

Saw a post on FB about some utter fucking scumbags who terrified a wee pony with firevworks and it died. I'd hang the fuckers up and knock fuck out of them."

Utter scum, once they've had the shite kicked out of them fire fireworks at them and see how they like it.

Organised displays only and ban the sale.

Sadly a lot of human beings are far from human, another vote for organised displays only

By *ifeandhubby400Couple  over a year ago

Arse hole of nowhere ,Scotland

3 hours solid we had them last night ,now its happening tonight ...one night of an properly run event ,nothing else ,none sold to the public AT ALL ...

So we have all to install new smoke detectors systems in our homes next year due to the new legislation. And yet you can still buy and launch an unpredictable firework from your back garden! ???

Keep it to just the displays and ban the knobheads setting them randomly off every other day.

We've had a local incident where someone set off fireworks next to a field of horses for thirty minutes. One hit a horse in the eye, now the horse has to have its eye removed or be put down. Irresponsible use is the problem. Also on the news tonight Scottish fire services were called out 1200 times last night. With numerous crews being attacked. Just unacceptable

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Covid cancelling the big displays will have driven sales this year.

Pop up seasonal shops selling only fire works are easy money for struggling landlords especially at this time.

You would have to convince local councils to ban the sales which will include the big supermarket chains.

Like alcohol they should be enjoyed responsibly.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Money up in smoke. Give it to charity. If you want to see fireworks then find clips on youtube. The folk letting them off beside me are the same people pleading poverty and looking for more benefits.

[Removed by poster at 06/11/20 22:42:29]

Falkirk

"Money up in smoke. Give it to charity. If you want to see fireworks then find clips on youtube. The folk letting them off beside me are the same people pleading poverty and looking for more benefits."

Unfortunately you can't dictate what people spend money on regardless of thier personal circumstances.

Glasgow

"Money up in smoke. Give it to charity. If you want to see fireworks then find clips on youtube. The folk letting them off beside me are the same people pleading poverty and looking for more benefits.

Unfortunately you can't dictate what people spend money on regardless of thier personal circumstances.

"

M

No but it does show where their priorities stand when they would rather buy fireworks than feed their kids.

Should fireworks be banned or restricted to licensed events only ? Drug and Alcoholism causes more misery on a daily basis.

"

I don’t think you can judge whether fireworks should be banned on the misery caused by drugs or alcohol. We are or should be able to deal with more than one problem at a time

Personally i don’t think they should be banned. I enjoy watching them and the kids liked them when they were younger. Maybe better education on the dangers of them, I know a boy that lost 3 fingers with a firework, and tighter controls on who sells them. Unfortunately there’s loads to be bought illegally same as everything else i suppose.

Is it really that much of an inconvenience? Turn your tv up a bit louder and shut your windows if you don’t like them. My neighbours make far more noise than fireworks and that’s for 365 days of the year

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

should be banned fucking awful things!!

"Money up in smoke. Give it to charity. If you want to see fireworks then find clips on youtube. The folk letting them off beside me are the same people pleading poverty and looking for more benefits.

M

No but it does show where their priorities stand when they would rather buy fireworks than feed their kids."

Don’t get me started on this

In my line of work where I visit people’s houses the amount of people with 60’ TVs, top of the range electronic equipment but no carpets, clean clothes or food is a lot more common than you think

Ditch certain subjects at school for people and start teaching life skills like managing money, taxes, pensions, healthy living

By *erfume-LoverMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh Area

Should be simple for any UK Government

Make the sale illegal full stop

Don't think it's a big deal. Plenty folk use them sensibly but unfortunately a small minority spoil it for others as usual. Could say the same for a lot of other things.

Falkirk

M

No but it does show where their priorities stand when they would rather buy fireworks than feed their kids."

But there is nothing you can do about it. The same could be said for cigarettes and alcohol.

You can bet they won't be getting removed or banned from shops anytime soon.

Unless firworks are banned from domestic sale and use in the UK, i can bet we will be having the same conversation next year.

Glasgow

M

No but it does show where their priorities stand when they would rather buy fireworks than feed their kids.

But there is nothing you can do about it. The same could be said for cigarettes and alcohol.

Unless firworks are banned from domestic sale and use in the UK, i can bet we will be having the same conversation next year.

"

I have been having this conversation yearly for 30years. I am all for well organised displays but not the sale to the public. Horrific footage on tonights news shows why.

Falkirk

M

I have been having this conversation yearly for 30years. I am all for well organised displays but not the sale to the public. Horrific footage on tonights news shows why."

Just read that some CUNTS tied a firework to a cat in Wrexam.

Yes this is exactly the reason they should be banned.

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

There are always going to be people that don’t use them properly. I have been to private firework displays since I was a toddler.

My uncle would buy the fireworks And all our families and the neighbours would go round. Everyone was in the garden while my uncle and my dad would go into the park behind the house and set off the fireworks.

My kids always collected bonfire wood for weeks before bonfire night and the neighbours got together when the fire was lit, adults watching all children, fireworks again set off safely, snacks and juice for kids shared out. The council never uplifted the bonfire wood before bonfire night as they knew it was well supervised.

Now my older two kids are Adults my eldest still likes to do his fireworks (it’s his favourite day of the year) he does it safely away from houses, has a small fire and if any children are watching he explains the dangers and shows them how to be safe around fire and fireworks.

This won’t mean there are never accidents but the risks are reduced greatly.

Still going off round here....

Banned for the general public only registered events to have displays

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Still going off here

Lucky my dog is OK with them

Still going off here as well

I took the dog to the vet and they proscribed Valium.

I’ve took a few now so I’ll not hear the dog barking or the fireworks going off shortly when I fall asleep

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

"We've had a local incident where someone set off fireworks next to a field of horses for thirty minutes. One hit a horse in the eye, now the horse has to have its eye removed or be put down. Irresponsible use is the problem. Also on the news tonight Scottish fire services were called out 1200 times last night. With numerous crews being attacked. Just unacceptable "
seen that about the horse. Pictures are horrific. Didnt help that the arsehole didn't care a jot about the damage he'd caused. Some really unfeeling people in the world. Sure he'd be screaming blue murder if his kid had gotten the same treatment.

By *ndy6969Man  over a year ago

airdrie

?? x

Nope definitely no ban why should people that enjoy therm and use them responsibly be punished because are€holes can’t behave. Restrict their sale to licensed retailers only (no supermarkets) and also limit the size/sound to licensed events only.

"Should fireworks be banned or restricted to licensed events only ? "

Yes aye defo

100% organised licensed events only.

Why would you possibly think it’s acceptable to allow complete imbeciles to get their hands on what are effectively explosives and use them indiscriminately on our streets or anywhere else..?

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

If we ban everything that either causes someone annoyance or injuries there won't be much left we can actually do.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Deffo b banned! My friend has 5 horses she had to stay at the field last evening t try calm them! She posted vids of them was so distressing to watch! They were shit scared! One hurt himself on fence plus all the domestic pets/wild animals ! Us humans are so thoughtless and selfish! x

My dogs are terrified of them

"If we ban everything that either causes someone annoyance or injuries there won't be much left we can actually do."

Don't ban everything then

Just fucking fireworks!

"If we ban everything that either causes someone annoyance or injuries there won't be much left we can actually do.

Don't ban everything then

Just fucking fireworks!"

There's fireworks going off in my area already. Too early for that nonsense x

By *irth VaderMan  over a year ago

Inverness

Call crime stoppers and report them. It’s illegal. We have only heard 2 or 3 but I guess Guy Fawlkes night will be the worst. Apparently you are only legally allowed to let off fireworks on new year and Chinese New Year and Nov 5th.

"Call crime stoppers and report them. It’s illegal. We have only heard 2 or 3 but I guess Guy Fawlkes night will be the worst. Apparently you are only legally allowed to let off fireworks on new year and Chinese New Year and Nov 5th. "
Chances of police catching or doing anything is slim though

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Although it's too late for my dog, I'm so glad that things are a lot quieter this year.

In my area, fireworks start going off as soon as the shops sell them, but with shops electing to not selling them and others only selling them a few days before, it's just nice and tranquil at nights.

Of course you know folk will buy as many as they can, go nuts on the 5th and any left over will just get set off leading up to Christmas.

Apparently Sainsbury's have banned them. So that's a start.

By *4Fun11Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Licensed events only.

I’m thankful my wee dug doesn’t bother too much with them.

By *evilmademedoitMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Apparently Sainsbury's have banned them. So that's a start."

They stopped selling them because there was no profit in them.

My wee dog is petrified by them.

I think it’s a bit ridiculous that we celebrate guy fawkes night.

I would like to see noise free fireworks only permitted in residential areas and organised displays having noisy ones

"Apparently Sainsbury's have banned them. So that's a start.

My wee dog is petrified by them. "

The guy up the back from me is going to get a Roman Candle planted up his hoop any second now.

By *evilmademedoitMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Apparently Sainsbury's have banned them. So that's a start.

My wee dog is petrified by them.

The guy up the back from me is going to get a Roman Candle planted up his hoop any second now."

Pics or it didn’t happen. Kidding on obviously, they don’t bother me,but my wee sausage is petrified by them. If the supermarkets and online places stopped selling them, then the organised events would be ok as we could be prepared fir them.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

For anyone who has dogs scared by them classic fm have done a show from 7pm the last couple of years to calm dogs. It's worked a treat with mine.

» Add a new message to this topic