FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Last week of November.. How are you?

Last week of November.. How are you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How are you doing?

2020 has been a bit of a shitty year. This is just a check in post to see how you all are?

Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Very considerate thing to do Sinderella.

I'll not moan, but it's not been a good year for me, and looks like it's not gonna end well, but as they say what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

Mandy

"Very considerate thing to do Sinderella.

I'll not moan, but it's not been a good year for me, and looks like it's not gonna end well, but as they say what doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.

Mandy"

This is very true but it's also OK to have a moan too. So many people battling isolation and being lonely on top of so many other challenges. It's important to talk if you can.

I hope things are better than you fear they will be and next year is your best year ever xxx

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Think it's been a shitty year for most but I will try and take the positives.... I got extra time with the wee dude over lockdown 1 and we went back old school with finding things to keep us going. I hadn't long moved house so actually got to know my neighbours pretty fast as we all checked in on each other.....and I've manged to keep working throughout so that is a bonus.

Can't believe we are almost approaching Dec it feels like it's been a fast year all things considered. I know I've been one of the more fortunate people threw out all of this x

"Think it's been a shitty year for most but I will try and take the positives.... I got extra time with the wee dude over lockdown 1 and we went back old school with finding things to keep us going. I hadn't long moved house so actually got to know my neighbours pretty fast as we all checked in on each other.....and I've manged to keep working throughout so that is a bonus.

Can't believe we are almost approaching Dec it feels like it's been a fast year all things considered. I know I've been one of the more fortunate people threw out all of this x"

I'm so glad you settled in to your new home and have been able to take many positives from it.

I agree it's been an insanely quick year for me too.

Here's hoping the positivity continues for you all xx

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I agree it's been an insanely quick year for me too."

I've noticed a few times recently that my girlfriend and I have spoken about stuff and we both suddenly realise it was just this year. It feels like it was such a long time ago sometimes.

We've often referred to some times as pre or post Dog, as we had to have our 4-legged "son" put to sleep early April.

If there's anything from this year that I feel will be a big difference for most people is that they will realise Christmas is about the people around you, not the stupidly expensive stuff you buy for them.

Yea there will still be some stupidly expensive gifts in some cases, but I think most people will be happy to spend some time with family and friends.

Mandy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All good here how are you doing?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Its been a tough one having lost one family member to this virus,they being laid to rest on Friday and it will be a hard one!

We also lost our beloved we dog too in May this year

On the plus side a certain someone entered my life and will continue keep the smile on my face for quite some time .

As they are saying a vaccine is coming things are looking a bit more positive so we just got to believe in that .

Christmas is going to be a special one for us this year with those who mean the most to us ,its not the material things that matter but the people around .

Be kind people & stay safe

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Like most people, its been a tough year. Two very close family members have died and the xmas dinner table will look a bit empty this year. However, im looking to embrace new changes in 2021. Im looking to start a new job, new projects and hopefully prepare my final steps to go travelling abroad.

Absolute shitter of a year and a few stressful and worrying issues will be lingering into the new year. All out of my control though.

Heid doon, arse up and get on with it. Nothing else for it.

Suppose these times just remind you to savour the sweet moments in life that wee bit more.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Stressed with work and busy with Xmas but i am alive and kicking so will not complain.x

Been a tough year but has made me step back and think what’s important to me and I’ve made a few changes that should make me a happier soul when life returns to normal

"I agree it's been an insanely quick year for me too.

I've noticed a few times recently that my girlfriend and I have spoken about stuff and we both suddenly realise it was just this year. It feels like it was such a long time ago sometimes.

We've often referred to some times as pre or post Dog, as we had to have our 4-legged "son" put to sleep early April.

If there's anything from this year that I feel will be a big difference for most people is that they will realise Christmas is about the people around you, not the stupidly expensive stuff you buy for them.

Yea there will still be some stupidly expensive gifts in some cases, but I think most people will be happy to spend some time with family and friends.

Mandy"

I'm sorry to hear about your dog.

I think you're right people will no longer take time with people for granted.

"All good here how are you doing? "

I'm lucky enough to still be going to work, however it's been a very trying time emotionally. Though I always find Xmas like that! I know I'm fairing better than so many though so count myself lucky.

"Its been a tough one having lost one family member to this virus,they being laid to rest on Friday and it will be a hard one!

On the plus side a certain someone entered my life and will continue keep the smile on my face for quite some time .

As they are saying a vaccine is coming things are looking a bit more positive so we just got to believe in that .

Christmas is going to be a special one for us this year with those who mean the most to us ,its not the material things that matter but the people around .

Be kind people & stay safe "

You've all had such a rough time. I hope you remember to be kind to yourself too x

"Like most people, its been a tough year. Two very close family members have died and the xmas dinner table will look a bit empty this year. However, im looking to embrace new changes in 2021. Im looking to start a new job, new projects and hopefully prepare my final steps to go travelling abroad.

"

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope everything goes well for you in 2021 and you get to enjoy your travel adventures x

"Absolute shitter of a year and a few stressful and worrying issues will be lingering into the new year. All out of my control though.

Heid doon, arse up and get on with it. Nothing else for it.

Suppose these times just remind you to savour the sweet moments in life that wee bit more."

Aww lovely. I hear you. It's really pants. Virtual hugs xx

"Stressed with work and busy with Xmas but i am alive and kicking so will not complain.x"

I hope you manage to get some time off xx

"Been a tough year but has made me step back and think what’s important to me and I’ve made a few changes that should make me a happier soul when life returns to normal "

That sounds very positive.. Good for you xx

By *ootall2920Man  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

"How are you doing?

2020 has been a bit of a shitty year. This is just a check in post to see how you all are?

Xx

"

Thanks for asking.

I am feeling incredibly shit. I'm not in a good place either physically or mentally. I used to be a positive person, and I understand the mindset you're supposed to take when you're in this position, but I neither have the motivation or energy.

I can't remember the person I used to be, and I am constantly "down".

I appreciate there are many people worse of than me. I hope they are handling this better than me.

I honestly hope everyone else is doing well.

I apologise for the self-pitying post.

I think that, yes it’s definitely been tough, more for some than others sadly However, I reckon it’s also been a time for a bit of reflection too. I’d hazard a guess as to say that lots of people have maybe come to know themselves a bit better during this. Doesn’t change the fact that the whole thing absolutely sucks the big un though!

Neil

Keep on truckin!

"How are you doing?

Xx

Thanks for asking.

I am feeling incredibly shit. I'm not in a good place either physically or mentally. I used to be a positive person, and I understand the mindset you're supposed to take when you're in this position, but I neither have the motivation or energy.

I appreciate there are many people worse of than me. I hope they are handling this better than me.

I apologise for the self-pitying post. "

Don't apologise. As people keep saying it is OK to not be ok. This whole situation takes its toll on people in so many ways and we all experience different things. Just because someone may in your eyes be worse off doesn't make your own feelings any less valid. Although I know we all often say those things.

I hope you have someone to turn too xc

That's a lovely reply Sinders.

I'm doing ok and hope you and you're family are the same under these challenging times x

By *ilveryFoxMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"How are you doing?

Xx

"

I’m doing very well in 2020! Massive positive change in my health this year coupled with a new job, which I am really enjoying.

Hope you are also well Cinders x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Its been a tough one having lost one family member to this virus,they being laid to rest on Friday and it will be a hard one!

Be kind people & stay safe

You've all had such a rough time. I hope you remember to be kind to yourself too x"

Thank you I will Xx

By *oast888Man  over a year ago

cambuslang

Not the best year to be a taxi driver, doubt next year will be much better

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I’m fortunate not to have lost anyone to it ( hope it stays that way ) furlough was fine for a while . Stephanie has not been around at all this year though her underwear collection grew slightly .

My only downside is not seeing friends and family in person as often as I’d wish . I hope everyone has some special time for themselves and their loved ones in the coming weeks . Be careful out there everyone .

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Stirling

I'm OK.

Like so many I'm so frustrated at not being out in the hills. I've found the working from home thing hard and repetitive.

However, I'm thankful of a job still and none of my family have had things bad CV19 wise.

Onwards and upwards, particularly into the hills.

"That's a lovely reply Sinders.

I'm doing ok and hope you and you're family are the same under these challenging times x "

We are OK. A few wobbles but in general it's all fine. Glad you're ok x

"How are you doing?

Xx

I’m doing very well in 2020! Massive positive change in my health this year coupled with a new job, which I am really enjoying.

Hope you are also well Cinders x"

. It's great to hear its been a positive year for you. Long may it continue x

"Not the best year to be a taxi driver, doubt next year will be much better "

Fingers and toes crossed things pick up for you x

"I'm OK.

Like so many I'm so frustrated at not being out in the hills. I've found the working from home thing hard and repetitive.

However, I'm thankful of a job still and none of my family have had things bad CV19 wise.

Onwards and upwards, particularly into the hills."

I can understand that. I've a family member who is a keen hill walker and he's found that particularly difficult

Ive probably had the best year ive had in a long time

"Ive probably had the best year ive had in a long time "

Aye?

Really?

Well fucking fan dabby dozey mate!

Away start your own thread ya smug c.....

"Ive probably had the best year ive had in a long time "

Good for you!

"Ive probably had the best year ive had in a long time

Aye?

Really?

Well fucking fan dabby dozey mate!

Away start your own thread ya smug c.....

"

now now play nicely Mrs D

every year of my life starts the same way it ends lonely, they also have been sad, boring, depressing.

My year has had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster tbh I’ve been doing my usual running around looking after everyone as much as I can to keep myself sane and not have time to think and now everyone’s in a good place and no longer needs me the dark grey cloud has appeared and I’m struggling to get away from it, there looks to be no escaping on the bike so I’ve been hiding in my bed which is never great but I just sleep and sleep so don’t even notice the days passing by tbh most of the chritmas presents are already bought for the eldest and youngest a it’s always the middle one that’s the hardest but tbh my kids have never wanted for anything so he would be happy with cash my decorating is getting there very slowly I reckon another few days when I’m motivated and I’ll be able to put the decorating crap away on the shed and get the crimbo decorations out. I am fortunate I suppose that I don’t really have any family it’s just me the kids my mum and bro, so haven’t really had the worry of losing anyone personally but know a lot of people who have this year there will be less seats at the Christmas table purely because I’ve cut ties with friends who were toxic so that’s actually a blessing and it will be a small cosy dinner this year if my new dining table arrives that is xx

I am looking to do some volunteering again over the next while even if it’s being on the end of the phone for people on their own or delivering folks shopping again whatever keeps the body and mind active, nothing worse than a person with anxiety and overthinking with nothing to do

"every year of my life starts the same way it ends lonely, they also have been sad, boring, depressing."

I think this time of year even without covid makes many people feel like that. Christmas brings all this expectation and pressure to be some amazing and wonderful time. For some of us and I include myself, it's actually just another day. I don't have a massive family. It's just me and my boys.

And nothing makes you feel more single and lonely than Christmas or a trip to Ikea!

I hope you find comfort somewhere and have people you can reach out to x

"My year has had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster tbh I’ve been doing my usual running around looking after everyone as much as I can to keep myself sane and not have time to think and now everyone’s in a good place and no longer needs me the dark grey cloud has appeared and I’m struggling to get away from it, there looks to be no escaping on the bike so I’ve been hiding in my bed which is never great but I just sleep and sleep so don’t even notice the days passing by tbh most of the chritmas presents are already bought for the eldest and youngest a it’s always the middle one that’s the hardest but tbh my kids have never wanted for anything so he would be happy with cash my decorating is getting there very slowly I reckon another few days when I’m motivated and I’ll be able to put the decorating crap away on the shed and get the crimbo decorations out. I am fortunate I suppose that I don’t really have any family it’s just me the kids my mum and bro, so haven’t really had the worry of losing anyone personally but know a lot of people who have this year there will be less seats at the Christmas table purely because I’ve cut ties with friends who were toxic so that’s actually a blessing and it will be a small cosy dinner this year if my new dining table arrives that is xx

I am looking to do some volunteering again over the next while even if it’s being on the end of the phone for people on their own or delivering folks shopping again whatever keeps the body and mind active, nothing worse than a person with anxiety and overthinking with nothing to do "

Really sorry to hear you're struggling right now. I'm glad you have some projects though to keep you busy. That will help.

I'm sure no matter what you get your children they will be happy.

Good luck with finishing the decorating and kudos for being so organised! X

By *n Caiptean MorMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Been a rollercoaster of a year. Started off in January with break and dislocating my shoulder. My ships captains exams were cancelled then been on furlough since May. But end of the year is looking brighter, heading back to work next month and potentially a new house

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

This year, like most folk, has been a very different and hard one.

Business-wise, it's been pretty awful, saved slightly by doing a roaring trade on face masks, and the government's self-employed grant. I've been over the water only twice, instead of the usual five times, and I've been 'up north' three times instead of five. Otherwise, mainly worked from home.

Personally, it's been completely barren, and finally got rid of a lingering and abusive relationship.

At home, life has gone on as fairly normal, that's unexciting, and Christmas and New Year will be the largely non-events as usual.

So.......it's looking forward to Spring 2021, surely to goodness things will be a lot better by then, and Boris and Sturgeon will have sacked there supposed 'experts' and wakened up to the fact that lockdowns simply don't work.

"This year, like most folk, has been a very different and hard one.

Business-wise, it's been pretty awful, saved slightly by doing a roaring trade on face masks, and the government's self-employed grant. I've been over the water only twice, instead of the usual five times, and I've been 'up north' three times instead of five. Otherwise, mainly worked from home.

Personally, it's been completely barren, and finally got rid of a lingering and abusive relationship.

At home, life has gone on as fairly normal, that's unexciting, and Christmas and New Year will be the largely non-events as usual.

So.......it's looking forward to Spring 2021, surely to goodness things will be a lot better by then, and Boris and Sturgeon will have sacked there supposed 'experts' and wakened up to the fact that lockdowns simply don't work."

Well without the experts I doubt we'd have the positive prospects of the spring to look forward to

"Been a rollercoaster of a year. Started off in January with break and dislocating my shoulder. My ships captains exams were cancelled then been on furlough since May. But end of the year is looking brighter, heading back to work next month and potentially a new house "

Hope your shoulder has healed. Best of luck with your house move x

So.......it's looking forward to Spring 2021, surely to goodness things will be a lot better by then, and Boris and Sturgeon will have sacked there supposed 'experts' and wakened up to the fact that lockdowns simply don't work."

Sounds like you need a rest having dealt with all of that. I hope spring is everything you hope for x

So.......it's looking forward to Spring 2021, surely to goodness things will be a lot better by then, and Boris and Sturgeon will have sacked there supposed 'experts' and wakened up to the fact that lockdowns simply don't work.

Well without the experts I doubt we'd have the positive prospects of the spring to look forward to "

Would it kill you to be a little positive, just once?

When it comes to finding someone

I have lost all faith

seems women just don't like me that way

when it comes to christmas I just lock myself in my bedroom and leave the rest of the family to it.

"When it comes to finding someone

I have lost all faith

seems women just don't like me that way

when it comes to christmas I just lock myself in my bedroom and leave the rest of the family to it."

It's a cliché but sometimes things do happen when you stop looking. I do understand how you feel though. This will be my 11th Christians single. However maybe you need to take some pressure off of yourself to meet someone and find other things to make you happy too. There's a whole world of possibilities out there

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Well things could definitely have been worse. I am lucky that I still have a job and my friends and family are all still healthy. I'm a Xmas lover so the tree is up early and the cosy nights on the sofa with fairy lights are bringing me joy. It would be nice to have someone to cuddle up to though - maybe next Christmas

Thing is I used to like Xmas.

But when you see couples hugging and kissing everywhere you look, it just makes me tearful.

I have lots of cuddles to give

By *unlad6976Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

Been a very difficult year for me, I'm an easy going person who loves to socialise and have a laf and having all these restrictions due to the virus I've had to change alot about me personality etc which I don't like hate being stuck in a rut been a horrible year for most I imagine bring on 2021 as D Ream sings "things can only get better" stay safe everyone

Well without the experts I doubt we'd have the positive prospects of the spring to look forward to

Would it kill you to be a little positive, just once?

"

There wasn't anything negative in my post

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"How are you doing?

Xx

"

Sinderella. Such lovely sentiment.

The year has been hard. But little has changed.

However work has been so busy and one would happy skip past November and December into Jan 2021 as soon as possible.

By *ootall2920Man  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

"How are you doing?

Xx

Thanks for asking.

I apologise for the self-pitying post.

Don't apologise. As people keep saying it is OK to not be ok. This whole situation takes its toll on people in so many ways and we all experience different things. Just because someone may in your eyes be worse off doesn't make your own feelings any less valid. Although I know we all often say those things.

I hope you have someone to turn too xc"

Thanks.

By *rwomble 56Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

Fine thanks was put on furlough for two months which was quite stressful and have elderly parents which is constant concern as they stay in North Lanarkshire

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

Great post Sinders!

This year has been absolutely crap and not just because of this Covid thingy!!

Could do with a hug

By *rigger1987Woman  over a year ago

Scottish borders

Climbing the walls and I'm about to burn out the motors in my sex toys at this rate.

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

Spent most of this year in Fuerteventura sunshine home. Way safer then anywhere in UK and so warm and sunny on the nude beach this time of year. We're good xx

Grand thanks, hoping all well in your world too Sinders x

"Well things could definitely have been worse. I am lucky that I still have a job and my friends and family are all still healthy. I'm a Xmas lover so the tree is up early and the cosy nights on the sofa with fairy lights are bringing me joy. It would be nice to have someone to cuddle up to though - maybe next Christmas "
I think fairy lights have therapeutic properties!

Im glad you're all well. Hope you have a lovely festive season xx

"How are you doing?

Xx

Sinderella. Such lovely sentiment.

The year has been hard. But little has changed.

However work has been so busy and one would happy skip past November and December into Jan 2021 as soon as possible."

I think many people feel that way too! Hopefully you get the chance for some you time though xx

"Fine thanks was put on furlough for two months which was quite stressful and have elderly parents which is constant concern as they stay in North Lanarkshire "

It's a strange thing to say but I'm rather glad my parents are no longer around as the worry for them would have been exhausting.

I hope they stay well and you get the chance to see them x

"Great post Sinders!

Could do with a hug "

I feel you! (hug)

Let's hope the next year is so much better xx

"Climbing the walls and I'm about to burn out the motors in my sex toys at this rate. "

You need to find yourself a bubble buddy!

Or treat yourself to new toys for Christmas. X

"Spent most of this year in Fuerteventura sunshine home. Way safer then anywhere in UK and so warm and sunny on the nude beach this time of year. We're good xx"

Oh that sounds great! Very jealous!

Enjoy x

"Grand thanks, hoping all well in your world too Sinders x "

Glad you're good.

We are plodding along lovely.

Keeping very busy at work which makes me lucky. I am looking forward to some time off though! X

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

"Great post Sinders!

Could do with a hug

I feel you! (hug)

Let's hope the next year is so much better xx"

Yeah let’s hope so x

"Grand thanks, hoping all well in your world too Sinders x

Glad you're good.

We are plodding along lovely.

Keeping very busy at work which makes me lucky. I am looking forward to some time off though! X"

Hope you enjoy when it comes, I’m lucky in the opposite way. I’ve been off 8 months!!! Can’t believe it X

Doing okay here had a few bouts of feeling low and gone a bit stir crazy but on the whole not too bad at all.

I hope you are ok Sinderella and everyone else

I'm struggling...but you wouldn't know that .x

» Add a new message to this topic