FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Hospitals

Hospitals

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering how many of you have went into hospital really ill, or has had friends/ relatives who have been admitted really ill only to be released after some healthcare when the doctors still haven't a clue what was wrong? Surely that is crazy?

Mr was admitted last night after his body temperature had increased all week and was at 42c last night. They are letting him out tomorrow After doing some sort of induced hypothermia treatment but the doctors have said that they don't have a clue what is wrong

I know they need the beds but wouldn't it be safer to work out what was actually wrong?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilandlarryCouple  over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Not the hospital but I took my son to the GP as he wasn't well. The Dr didn't have a clue and started googling things.

He ended up prescribing him 3 different medicines, just in case!

Needless to say, we moved drs!

"Not the hospital but I took my son to the GP as he wasn't well. The Dr didn't have a clue and started googling things.

He ended up prescribing him 3 different medicines, just in case!

Needless to say, we moved drs!"

Oh my god!!! Xx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I have to agree with you i have no faith in the NHS at all ..my mum had her 3rd stroke a few years ago and was admitted to hospital we kept telling the doctor it was another stroke becasue it was her 3rd one they dismissed this and said she had a chest infection which she did have but that wasnt what was causing her symptoms ...so we asked for a 2nd opinion within an hour another doc came and told me and my dad to prepare for the worst because she had had a massive stroke ..we didnt see her until an hour later and by that time she was in a coma ..she remaind in a comma for eight days then regained consiousness but has been left severly disabled we feel if they had treated her quicker then perhaps the effects from the stroke wouldnt have been so sever

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Happened to my stepdad last year.. Admitted and sent home a total of 6 times in 4 months... None of the Dr's could find anything..

He'd lost 4 stone in those 4 months.

I added him to my work healthcare... He went to see a Dr through that, diagnosed and operated on in 2 weeks. Fully recovered about 8 weeks later.. I dread to think how much longer it would have dragged on with the nhs.

I was fortunate enough to have the private healthcare option.. I know lots don't

I too recently was in hospital 3 weeks after my Hysterectomy the surgical team who saw me in A n E orderd up an ultrasound to find out what was going on with me then admitted me into the ward once there for less than an hour another doc came to see me and said id be fine to go home with some antibiotics and didnt need the Ultrasound ...now he didnt even look at me ...or examin me but took this desision ...over the next few weeks i became much worse ...3 weeks later i was back in and had the ultrasound and thats when they discoverd i had a massive heamatoma cause by the surgery i had so if the doc who sent me home had let the scan be carried out i wouldnt have had to suffer for a further 3weeks ... anyone who saw me would know something was far wrong even a nurse friend from here was shocked when she saw me just three days before the heamatoma was discoverd

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Well I had been off work with flu like symptoms. Went to shop on sun night to get me packed lunch stuff for work next day. A 20 minute walk home took 9 hours . Time is a blank with no memory but when was found I was out me it moaning about a sore head. Family had reported me missing. When found 999 to local A+E. 15 mins and was discharged. Family took me home where I got worse - sickness and not knowing family. To GP who got me admitted str8 to hospital. They could not have been nicer and got all manner of tests done - apparently I had no feeling in my arm and they suspected some sort of stroke episode - so much so that they got the southern general to review the brain scans. reckon someone got their arse kicked that day. Tests were negative so they thought memengitis I was given a lumbar puncture - or should I say 32 punctures cos the doc couldnae find my spinal bone. Test came back negative but even now I have back pain due to that numptie doctor. I took very bad headaches which is a known side effect me lumbar puncture. So was re-admitted only to be told to drink red bull to combat the headaches. Apparently the high caffeine cures headaches - but coffee gives me headaches. So I do not trust my local hospital.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Both Monkland and Hairmyres, have exceptional staff who looked after both my parents. Sharp efficient staff in both hospitals, difference between AE and a GP well time spent on traige.

Mistakes occur due to misdiagnosed or undiagnosed by doctors.

[Removed by poster at 20/07/12 19:56:14]

When my daughter was 15 she was in and out of hospital over 15 times seriously in the one year. She went from a size 16 to size 8, was being sick, collapsing, in alot of pain. Lots of tests, mris, ct scans, the works. Psychiatrists, dieticians everyone involved. Only symptom other than the sickness etc was raised white blood cells.

She was prescribed so many tablets, on 48 a day at one point.

This is now nearly 6 years on, and her new docs think it might be endometriosis. Think. Only taken them 6 years to get a possible diagnosis.

By *rStarbuckMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I was kept in hospital for three weeks when I had my last wee one, obviously as I had a blood clot in my lung and because he arrived five weeks early. But they were doing blood tests twice a day every day and came to me saying they thought I had leukemia. That was quite unsettling to say the least! So they did a bone marrow biopsy and tests on that etc and still to this day (2 years later) have no idea what is wrong with me lol I go back now and again for tests but I don't think they even know what they're looking for or at, so don't have much faith in them :S

L xxx

By *ucycuteTV/TS  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

On the total oppossite and not to just go with the flow, I was forced to go to hosptal a few years back and the doctor and staff were fantastic and recognised meningitis at very early stage and did a brilliant job.

Well done Monklands, doctor and staff xxx

By *ucycuteTV/TS  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"On the total oppossite and not to just go with the flow, I was forced to go to hosptal a few years back and the doctor and staff were fantastic and recognised meningitis at very early stage and did a brilliant job.

Well done Monklands, doctor and staff xxx"

I would also say that it is impossible to have actually "32 lumber puncture tests" as I had 2 which was more than enough but any more is not an actual lumber puncture but a a test to get correct area if indeed 32 was carried out xx

Was admitted to hosp bout 8yrs ago, with a high temp, abdominal pains and lesions appearing on my body as u looked at it, done test after test, scans, u name it,kept me in for 2wks, couldn't find out what was causing it and sent me home, in a taxi, in ma jamies! Didn't get back to work for 2months...!!!!

Sounds like an NHS bitchfest! Doctors are only human and can make mistakes or have poor judgement like any other profession. However not an excuse for a poor attitude.

Have to say that anytime that me or mine have been admitted to hospital, we have had first rate care.

Really can't fault any of the medical professionals I've encountered...they do a really difficult job in difficult times

By *ob and angelaCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

ang was giving surgery on thurs and have to say all went well i.e surgery and time spent at the hands on the nhs..no quams............

"Have to say that anytime that me or mine have been admitted to hospital, we have had first rate care.

Really can't fault any of the medical professionals I've encountered...they do a really difficult job in difficult times "

Likewise. I had a health scare recently and I was amazed at how quickly the NHS responded with their investigations. The service and friendliness I received all round was greatly received.

"Sounds like an NHS bitchfest! Doctors are only human and can make mistakes or have poor judgement like any other profession. However not an excuse for a poor attitude. "

Completely agree, it is very easy to point the finger. especially when the health of loved ones is involved. I am sure people who work for the NHS don't set out to do a bad job.

"Sounds like an NHS bitchfest! Doctors are only human and can make mistakes or have poor judgement like any other profession. However not an excuse for a poor attitude. "

Completely agree, it is very easy to point the finger. especially when the health of loved ones is involved. I am sure people who work for the NHS don't set out to do a bad job.

I guess unless uve been in a situation where a loved one is suffering and Has been left at deaths door because of incompetence you will never fully know what that feels like not bashing the NHS as such but voicing what I think ...examples I have given are just a few could give u so much more....and I do think the nurses and doctors do a fabulous job and deserve a medal at time but I also think they need to open their ears more and listen to what patient and family members are telling them because they ain't Always right x

By *aughty.naughty deviantsCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

I feel sorry for the poor doctors, they work long hours and over stretched.Appointments slots are small and it's hard to determine an illness in a short space of time, which is why they send you for tests etc.Patients sometimes never give all the symptoms so its hard to pin point anything.Also there are so many different strains of illnesses that doctors can't always diagnose due to the fact that our immune systems are lower because our bodies have got used to anti biotics etc .

Well as someone who required emergency care following an RTA last year, and also an NHS employee I see both sides of the issue. As a patient I thought thing were great in terms of care, only criticism was the delay in getting physio but since it was an RTA it got paid for privately by insurance anyway.

As for the issue of being overworked, I can agree to that entirely. Most other professions would not allow a worker to work 58 hours straight potentially with no sleep. And then expect you to drive home. I've found myself struggling to stay awake driving, let alone make important decisions at work after being so sleep deprived. Not good.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

went to doc as hospital changed my meds young girl doc overdosed me with diabetic tablets

By *uirkygirlCouple  over a year ago

Quirkyville

I had to go to the hospital today to see the emergency dr as I was suffering from a brutal Migrane that had me throwing up and unable to keep fluids down.since Friday morning, my only gripe is that when I went in the nurses knew what the issue was and I had to sit in a bright lit noisy room crying and pulling my hair out.... on previous Migrane visits I have been offered use of a dark side room

Quirkyville

Ooo and they were awesome a couple of years ago after I took a severe reaction to mediation prescribed to me by my Dr I walked in said to the guy at reception that I needed to see someone he took one look at me and rushed me through and I was seen within seconds

Took them 3 weeks....3 WEEKS! to notice my gran had a twisted colon!! Rage!!

By *uttyMan  over a year ago

Local to you maybe

Been in and out of hospital (not for myself) and after lots of tests over a long period they eventually diagnosed my daughters condition. GP was little help until a locum stepped in and instigated the referral.

Now? Hats off to the staff, helpful, informative, the best I've seen of the nhs so far

As long as they keep my girl safe and well I'm all for them and happy.

Nuff said

By *hillaxMan  over a year ago

Glasvegas

I think if you chaps had to spend a day in the shoes of anyone who works in the NHS these days then you will all change your minds very quickly. I was locuming down south recently and had over 100 patients (3 wards) that I was medically responsible for. There is no way that you can even get round 100 patients safely. If you only spent 5 minutes with each patient then that's over 8 hours spent in total, not even taking into account tea or lunch breaks which we regularly go without.

I just wonder what other jobs would we expect someone to perform a critical decision or intervention in 5 minutes or less.

Could a car mechanic find a fault on my car in under 5 minutes, without any help from me coz we get bugger all help from patients!

Could a bus or taxi driver get me into town in less than 5 minutes?.

Next time a member of the NHS team doesn't meet your expectations, just remember what they may have had to deal with that day already. Healthcare assistants and nurses have to clean up all sorts of body fluids, without hesitation. Your doctor may have just attended a crash call and the patient died in their arms.

We all do a bloody good job, no other job or profession necessitates employees to give so much more than is listed on their job description, at the same time taking so much less out.

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

I have to say the NHS have always been brilliant with my disability and surgery.

They did however overdose me twice.

Anyhow my mum took my youngest brother to the GP weekly with a sore throat and achy sore legs and he was searching on the computer so my mum demanded to see a pediatric Dr at the hospital. The GP happily said yes, as he could'nt think what it could be.

Within afew hours we learnt and confirmed it was Cerelbal Palsy. If the GP had taken the time to read my brother's notes it was quite clear that CP was a strong possibility instead googled or searched the net. A real worry!

By *issNaughtyxxxWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I think if you chaps had to spend a day in the shoes of anyone who works in the NHS these days then you will all change your minds very quickly. I was locuming down south recently and had over 100 patients (3 wards) that I was medically responsible for. There is no way that you can even get round 100 patients safely. If you only spent 5 minutes with each patient then that's over 8 hours spent in total, not even taking into account tea or lunch breaks which we regularly go without.

I just wonder what other jobs would we expect someone to perform a critical decision or intervention in 5 minutes or less.

Could a car mechanic find a fault on my car in under 5 minutes, without any help from me coz we get bugger all help from patients!

Next time a member of the NHS team doesn't meet your expectations, just remember what they may have had to deal with that day already. Healthcare assistants and nurses have to clean up all sorts of body fluids, without hesitation. Your doctor may have just attended a crash call and the patient died in their arms.

We all do a bloody good job, no other job or profession necessitates employees to give so much more than is listed on their job description, at the same time taking so much less out."

I agree with this, i'am in hospital regulary as a patient for long period's of time. I get to know the staff and they are doing there up most to do there best. I also work as part of a team based in a hospital but i do outreach and even then the unrealistic target's,goals and expectation's are difficult.

My friend works in a well known hospice in Airdrie she has told me the amount of patients in there over the past few years who are in there with just weeks to live after a misdiagnosis is rising now whilst I appreciate the medical professions being pushed to the limits but some of these people so young with their whole lifes adead of them are being robbed of that try telling them the reason they are dying is because the medical profession were over worked. As I've said everyone doctors and nurses do a sterling job but something Is far wrong when stories like this come up time and time again and that's probably due to the NHS insisting doctors do such crazy hours .

Having recently spent time in hospital, here in glasgow, the particular ward i was on, the nurses and doctors, could not do enough, for you- in the past i have been criticial of certain staff but this was well founded, however- having seen both sides of the fence, often your job, is weighed down, by staff shortages, low morale, and in some cases, ward stock levels, not being as they should be. Seems to me, there are far too many managers, who sit in ivory towers, with no compassion for what goes on, at ward level and what's more no interest, apart from burdening the NHS, with their flash lease cars, which deny patients, young and old, money which would be better spent on clinical areas, rather than frippery's for overpaid pen pushers. Nurses and Doctors are what keeps the NHS going, time it was given more than just lip service.

By *aughty.naughty deviantsCouple  over a year ago

Stirling

"I think if you chaps had to spend a day in the shoes of anyone who works in the NHS these days then you will all change your minds very quickly. I was locuming down south recently and had over 100 patients (3 wards) that I was medically responsible for. There is no way that you can even get round 100 patients safely. If you only spent 5 minutes with each patient then that's over 8 hours spent in total, not even taking into account tea or lunch breaks which we regularly go without.

We all do a bloody good job, no other job or profession necessitates employees to give so much more than is listed on their job description, at the same time taking so much less out."

You have my complete and utter respect, you do a job I know I couldn't and I admire that you can.

Jesus people, I wasn't having a go at doctors and nhs staff, I personally find it strange that they let people out of hospital when they don't know what is wrong, especially if he came home and died which would be all over the press and result in people being sacked and nhs facing sanctions...

I have a fair few non-swing friends who work for the nhs so not questioning their intelligence, commitment or ability to do their jobs. Once again words are twisted on the forum.

People will always have horror stories about the nhs but equally people will have had experiences of the best care possible, i was merely asking for similar experiences to what we have had

By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

In recent years, the public expectation of the NHS has been increasing, in light of massmedia.

The NHS is a finite resource run by Humans, not machines.

I have repsect for all doctors, nurses, porters, allied health professionals and domestics in the hospital.

It is frustrating if a diagnosis has not been made, however some illnesses cannot be identified on just one acute presentation of symptoms. Often some illnesses have a variety of different symptoms which can presenting in differing ways.

Why post a question if you aren't willing to accept people's answers?

To the original point, some people have presentations for which a medical answer is never given. They see various specialists, and then can even be referred to a psychiatrist for an opinion. So would the OP advocate that anyone who doctors cannot find an answer for their presentation, must remain in hospital for medico-legal reasons?

Ok I'm being totally facetious but that's what you are advocating.

what the hell has hospitals got to do with swinging ,,we dont care about broken legs bad back or piles ,,,we just want partys

"what the hell has hospitals got to do with swinging ,,we dont care about broken legs bad back or piles ,,,we just want partys "
we ? lol the forums are to discuss any topic within the rules not all about the sex lol

if you read the forum headline it says scottish swing forum not nhs compaints service

yawn

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"if you read the forum headline it says scottish swing forum not nhs compaints service "

Actually it says "Scottish SWINGERS forum"

Swingers can talk about a lot of things as well as swinging...

And the forum rules state:;

Don't badmouth other members or "name and shame":

Don't post phone numbers

Do not use the forum to try and contact people who have BLOCKED you

Don't promote commercial services or websites:

I don't see anywhere "don't talk about anything other than shagging"

By *rcplCouple  over a year ago

here not there

Just thot lol but if u didn't play safe u may need health professionals there for this may be a useful thread as now know u got to give exact description of symtoms to help the doc know what the problem is !!!!!!

lol, we haven't played for ages, but when we do it's always with protection.

Psml, that is one reply we really didn't expect haha x

once again when people who dont like the the way a topic is panning out they go in the huff !!

Yet again

A huff? I took it in good humour actually Ffs!

Some major bitching going on here with certain people! Mabye cause we blocked you???

"Yet again "

did you never noticed not my type anyway

"did you never noticed not my type anyway "
Lol the emails asking to meet alone must have been meant for the male half then?

Can't be bothered bickering, have fun on the site x

[Removed by poster at 23/07/12 09:40:02]

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Keep your issues away from the forum please.

Ignore is the best option.

By *rcplCouple  over a year ago

here not there

Was meant in humour as both me and rich have following this post and was only said coz somebody asked what this had to do with swinging and that may help put alink between the two .

Sorry if I came across as bitchy was now meant that way

Quirkyville

all we need is love

"Was meant in humour as both me and rich have following this post and was only said coz somebody asked what this had to do with swinging and that may help put alink between the two .

Sorry if I came across as bitchy was now meant that way "

You didn't at all, just certain ones trying to ruin the thread by twisting words xxx

Many gropes and kisses xx

Agreed! You forgot to mention that we all have super powers and the ability to read minds, x-ray vision and are not human ergo do not make errors....

» Add a new message to this topic