FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The Good the bad and the ugly

The Good the bad and the ugly

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hopefully an ok post and dear fabbers, please keep all comments CIVIL, so, what do you like/dislike, love/hate, enjoy and despair of on Fab? Do you have suggestions you feel would improve the site??? What do you think works really well here?? Thinking this could be something to help improve the site if it can be discussed in an adult civilised fashion. Discuss (ya pervs) ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well replies would be a good start

By *rwomble 56Man  over a year ago

Falkirk

I don't like where someone can look at your profile and you perhaps want to send a message but blocked because not in their age range perhaps someone can't look at your profile if they are not in you age range don't know if that's possible but regardless each and every one to their own

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

I dislike that there aren't good filters for LGBTQI people, the sexualities and gender options provided really don't cover all.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

"I don't like where someone can look at your profile and you perhaps want to send a message but blocked because not in their age range perhaps someone can't look at your profile if they are not in you age range don't know if that's possible but regardless each and every one to their own"

Oh not always!! On our profile we have our age range set to cap at 35, but we have our inbox open for all messages

I don't like the fact you have a filter for gay guys but not bi guys.

Not cool bi guys just change there orientations at the drop of a hat thinking you won't notice the veris

By *nby ATV/TS  over a year ago

chilling in the

I don’t like people claiming personal preference to hide basic prejudice. Bigotry. Discrimination. Whatever you want to call it. I’d rather people were honest about it. Or hid it totally and were careful what they said.

I do like the odd diamond that twinkles on here. It’s rare but I’ve met some magical people.

Oh Christ here we go.

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Oh Christ here we go. "

Your prejudice is showing....

By *unsexual MemelordWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

"I dislike that there aren't good filters for LGBTQI people, the sexualities and gender options provided really don't cover all. "

Majorly this. 'TS' is an outdated term, which shouldn't even be in the same category as TV/CD. The sexuality options are really lacking too.

"Oh Christ here we go.

Your prejudice is showing...."

yip the old prejudice card because someone dosn't wanna meet them.

I can live with that.

Dunfermline

"Oh Christ here we go.

Your prejudice is showing....yip the old prejudice card because someone dosn't wanna meet them.

I can live with that."

It’s not any old card. Just a weariness that any discussion of gender or sexuality which doesn’t fit into your rigid and narrow boxes results in a paroxysm of snide comments and thinly veiled bigotry.

People hide their faces for all sorts of absolutely valid reasons on this site. I think one of the sad side effects is that this anonymity gives some the courage to voice opinions or betray prejudices which they’d be more reluctant to if they were challenged to defend them in everyday life by friends, family, colleagues.

"Oh Christ here we go.

Your prejudice is showing....yip the old prejudice card because someone dosn't wanna meet them.

I can live with that.

It’s not any old card. Just a weariness that any discussion of gender or sexuality which doesn’t fit into your rigid and narrow boxes results in a paroxysm of snide comments and thinly veiled bigotry.

People hide their faces for all sorts of absolutely valid reasons on this site. I think one of the sad side effects is that this anonymity gives some the courage to voice opinions or betray prejudices which they’d be more reluctant to if they were challenged to defend them in everyday life by friends, family, colleagues. "

I agree there, debate should be civil and enlightening

"Oh Christ here we go.

I can live with that.

People hide their faces for all sorts of absolutely valid reasons on this site. I think one of the sad side effects is that this anonymity gives some the courage to voice opinions or betray prejudices which they’d be more reluctant to if they were challenged to defend them in everyday life by friends, family, colleagues. "

says the man from a hidden profile lol.

So if you don't like fat women or thin women your a bigot or if you don't like a chick with big boobs your a bigot..it's a preference.me personally won't have sex with guys that have sex with other guys.its a preference.same as I wouldn't meet a guy who's the same height as myself or has a comb over..all about sexual preferences which you shouldn't be shamed of on a sex site.

Dunfermline

"Oh Christ here we go.

I can live with that.

People hide their faces for all sorts of absolutely valid reasons on this site. I think one of the sad side effects is that this anonymity gives some the courage to voice opinions or betray prejudices which they’d be more reluctant to if they were challenged to defend them in everyday life by friends, family, colleagues. says the man from a hidden profile lol.

So if you don't like fat women or thin women your a bigot or if you don't like a chick with big boobs your a bigot..it's a preference.me personally won't have sex with guys that have sex with other guys.its a preference.same as I wouldn't meet a guy who's the same height as myself or has a comb over..all about sexual preferences which you shouldn't be shamed of on a sex site.

"

It’s an age old scale between preference and prejudice.

It works both ways too. If you’re attracted to someone because of, say, their race before anything else then you tread a fine line over which you risk the fetishisation of that characteristic.

“Chasers” can have just as malevolent an impact as “haters”.

Neither is about kink-shaming you or berating you for finding certain aspects of a person less (or more) attractive.

The damage is done when you lead with that. It’s those sort attitudes which cause “phobia” creep.

The inferred negatives from these kind of comments can do much more damage than I suspect you recognise.

Ok

I can see what both of you are getting at, my main gripe is in how comments are worded. A lot are aggressive or worse passive aggressive. In discussing anything it can be done in a civil way and might actually enlighten both parties.

By *uffinMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Age limitation does stop alot of contact. It's frustrating when you see someone who you know is 5miles away wanting a meet but cos you might be 1 or 2 years older you get nothing. It's the pits when you then see comments saying fab is a waste of time from that person cos nobody else replied to them...

Second is all accounts with no public pics should be removed after 7 days.

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Should have a monetising option. Very popular people could charge for their content.

"Age limitation does stop alot of contact. It's frustrating when you see someone who you know is 5miles away wanting a meet but cos you might be 1 or 2 years older you get nothing. It's the pits when you then see comments saying fab is a waste of time from that person cos nobody else replied to them...

Second is all accounts with no public pics should be removed after 7 days."

Aren’t both of these preferences though?

By *aster C the kinksterMan  over a year ago

Darlington

I think the mobile web portal works very well. It's a fantastic example of the mobile portal working better than the normal web site.

It would be nice if we can combine several likes when we search for profiles. So for example some one who would be into anal, spanking and Boobs. Also differentiating between someone who receives or gives rather than just a subject. An example would be someone into SM, are they sub or Dom?

By *ixie and adamCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I dislike that there aren't good filters for LGBTQI people, the sexualities and gender options provided really don't cover all. "

This 100%

By *eviantgent79Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Personally I think the whole thing is long overdue a rethink..its snowballed into a site that is no longer that fit for purpose and so many things could be done to help interaction along..but mostly the fake profiles etc are most frustrating

By *bolton88Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I agree that this site needs a full redesign.

Having more options available for our preference not only in what we bring to the table but in what we are looking for should be added so we can run more effective Searches and we should also be able to restrict our visibility based on who we are so that not anyone can sign up and start spamming people. I.e. if your preference is 6ft 25 to 45 BBC then you only appear to user who fit your preference.

Also, we should have a section where we have a likes as to what we are interested in like which movies we like, books we read, food we love, celebrity's we follow etc as all this can be used as an ice breaker.

Bringing the videos in was a great inclusion but we need more.

I think bthe site could benefit by adopting some ideas from other site where users can have free content but they can subscribe to etc

Keep the site a free as possible with fab still getting it's membership funds However let the users do more with their content and fab can also take a small amount for FAB coins, Pounds, Dollars or gingy bottles whatever the currency

I could go in but you get the idea

It almost sounds like some of you want the site to actually do the sex for you too

Only thing I’d change which isn’t even within the site’s control is more evenly spread ratio of women to men

By *hy and innocentCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I agree that this site needs a full redesign.

Having more options available for our preference not only in what we bring to the table but in what we are looking for should be added so we can run more effective Searches and we should also be able to restrict our visibility based on who we are so that not anyone can sign up and start spamming people. I.e. if your preference is 6ft 25 to 45 BBC then you only appear to user who fit your preference.

Also, we should have a section where we have a likes as to what we are interested in like which movies we like, books we read, food we love, celebrity's we follow etc as all this can be used as an ice breaker.

Bringing the videos in was a great inclusion but we need more.

I think bthe site could benefit by adopting some ideas from other site where users can have free content but they can subscribe to etc

Keep the site a free as possible with fab still getting it's membership funds However let the users do more with their content and fab can also take a small amount for FAB coins, Pounds, Dollars or gingy bottles whatever the currency

I could go in but you get the idea

"

No offence intended but here goes .....

What someone brings to the table should be put in their profile. Far too many blank profiles around as well as some with irrelevant waffle. As this is a swingers site, we have absolutely no interest in what someone reads or eats etc. If you can string a sentence together then great, the rest will or won't follow.

Innocent

Glasgow

"

No offence intended but here goes .....

What someone brings to the table should be put in their profile. Far too many blank profiles around as well as some with irrelevant waffle. As this is a swingers site, we have absolutely no interest in what someone reads or eats etc. If you can string a sentence together then great, the rest will or won't follow.

Innocent "

None taken but this is my point.

Too may fake accounts on here and this could be used to tackle the issue.

Yes, your profile is there and that's where you out a bit about who you are and what you are after, however, there is no search function of key word in your profile to search by which is my point.

We need a better system or matrix to run searches on

Glasgow

"It almost sounds like some of you want the site to actually do the sex for you too"

Well with lockdown Al take it over nothing lol

You get what you pay for in life. If you don’t like it, leave. The site has changed a lot over the years definitely. Less swingers, more of everything else. I’d just like longer videos. I find it hard to blast one out in under a min

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 26/01/21 21:02:44]

» Add a new message to this topic