FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Xbox gaming

Xbox gaming

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lydebank OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Right so I bought an Xbox 360 just to pass time during lockdown. Yes I know it's an ancient machine but if bender had an Xbox before. I have cod, GTA and racing games. What the hell can you do with an Xbox. It says live etc so Iv set up account. Help please as I'm useless at this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

You're in a good state to get some great games for cheap on Live Marketplace.

Crackdown and Crackdown 2 are worth a fair few hours gameplay, and they were free for a while.

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I’ve got a xbox one.. with quite a few games . Got a Xbox on line pass for a year but haven’t validated it yet as I don’t know what I’d like to play online yet .

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

Live stuff on the 360 isn't really worth your time anymore especially with COD, the lobbies are either hacked/modded or you really struggle to get a hardcore lobby or a variety of game modes.

You can still do the campaigns though.

With 360 I'd stick to story or level type games that you can at least aim to complete.

Assassins creed is good, lots liked fable as well.

If you wanna get gaming online you'll be needing an Xbox one to get decent games and I've found since the 360 you don't get as many people in game chat anymore.

By *bolton88Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

The 'Live' part of Xbox is referring to online multiplayer games but you need a Gold subscription for that which will cost you £40 for a years membership but you do get some free games each month although they're not always big titles you do games some decent games and some gems from time to time.

Gears 5 and the original Residential evil remastered coming out in Feb.

If you've just bought it to kill time etc then might not be worth getting the game pass which is like Netflix for games and cost a couple of £ a month

As Geoeclipse mentioned, it might be better just to pick up the classic games and play the campaign / single player stuff as there is plenty out there to enjoy.

If you want to play online with friends etc the you're better picking up a cheap Xbox one as the 360 has seen its time and games especially online have moved forward with spec and demand more power.

I currently run a Xbox Series X with a membership and game pass running till 2025 lol

But I have different friends online for different games wither it's jumping on Warzone for some FPS, GTA V for some grinding or if I need a new Telly then al play FIFA

Happy gaming mate

By *cottishMrsWoman  over a year ago

Wishaw

As someone else has already said, the Fable games are brilliant. And then there's old faithful, GTA V. I'm sure the first Red Dead Redemption is on the XBox. Infact, we might be getting rid of all our old consoles, so if we are, you're welcome to have a nosey at our games, to see if you want any?xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Finally got the ps5 , I have a PS4 with one controller and might have a game or 2 lying about free to a good home or for anyone that maybe wants it for there kid

"Finally got the ps5 , I have a PS4 with one controller and might have a game or 2 lying about free to a good home or for anyone that maybe wants it for there kid "

If noones beaten me too it I'll take that offer gimme a message when u see this

glasgow

"As someone else has already said, the Fable games are brilliant. And then there's old faithful, GTA V. I'm sure the first Red Dead Redemption is on the XBox. Infact, we might be getting rid of all our old consoles, so if we are, you're welcome to have a nosey at our games, to see if you want any?xx"

Hi. Thanks , I currently playing red dead redemption 2 but would like to play on line .. try building a gang ..

By *ilkand2Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

We've got one of the retro megadrives. Paid 40 quid for it and I bought a memory card for it with 1000 games on it for a tenner. Happy days

"Finally got the ps5 , I have a PS4 with one controller and might have a game or 2 lying about free to a good home or for anyone that maybe wants it for there kid

If noones beaten me too it I'll take that offer gimme a message when u see this"

Sorry mate just saw this, it’s away unfortunately sorry

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

To be honest the population on 360 will be tiny and Microsoft I think will be/have removed support to be honest you would be way better off buying a second hand xbone one it's a good media centre can even use as a Web browser you should be able to get one around the 50 tp 100 pound mark

By *implyJayGeeMan  over a year ago

Garthamlock

"Finally got the ps5 , I have a PS4 with one controller and might have a game or 2 lying about free to a good home or for anyone that maybe wants it for there kid "

How did you manage that??? Can’t find one anywhere for love nor money.

coatbridge

"Finally got the ps5 , I have a PS4 with one controller and might have a game or 2 lying about free to a good home or for anyone that maybe wants it for there kid

How did you manage that??? Can’t find one anywhere for love nor money. "

scalpers would never give them the cash myself

Garthamlock

How did you manage that??? Can’t find one anywhere for love nor money. scalpers would never give them the cash myself"

Na no chance will I be buying off eBay etc for vastly inflated prices. I wonder how many are actually just sitting in a cupboard somewhere unused with the buyer thinking they’re in for a major pay day.

By *and1009Man  over a year ago

somewhere

If your really getting into gaming. The. Splash some cash on at least an Xbox one. Get yourself an xbox game pass. You’ll get a bunch of games for cheap. Of free for like 2 months I think. and if your into online gaming like cod. The. Get your Xbox live too.

coatbridge

"If your really getting into gaming. The. Splash some cash on at least an Xbox one. Get yourself an xbox game pass. You’ll get a bunch of games for cheap. Of free for like 2 months I think. and if your into online gaming like cod. The. Get your Xbox live too. "
xbox live is in the process of being phased out its gamepass now and if you get silver and don't buy you will be offered a free month within about 10 days

Garthamlock

"If your really getting into gaming. The. Splash some cash on at least an Xbox one. Get yourself an xbox game pass. You’ll get a bunch of games for cheap. Of free for like 2 months I think. and if your into online gaming like cod. The. Get your Xbox live too. "

Yeah had the Xbox before and didn’t really get into it. Couple of my mates have em too and are talking about the online subscription getting all weird. Guess I’m a PS guy now and that’s that lol. I do like CoD certainly... utter shite at it but like it nonetheless

I've just bought a second hand Xbox one today they are doing a deal it's normally £10.99 a month for the game pass but I bought it for £1 for 2 months!

[Removed by poster at 03/02/21 11:14:58]

glasgow

Anyone playing rdd2 online ?

By *ullie-kingMan  over a year ago

Wishaw

CoD (warzone) is where its at. Warzone is a free download aswell

Decided to get ac valhalla got a need to go raiding

Wishaw

Is that a PC only game that valhalla?

coatbridge

"Is that a PC only game that valhalla?"
nope all platforms its assassins creed valhalla you need to put in the search

Wishaw

Cheers mate. Hard to switch off from cod righy enough. Tho sometimes jump onto forza for break but may look at AC

» Add a new message to this topic