FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Scotland and the vaccine.

Scotland and the vaccine.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *luebell888 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My mum is 81 and heard nothing and neither have her over 80yr old friends but Nicola is now saying they are onto the 70year olds. What is going on?. Are Scotland lagging behind?.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have family in their 60s who will get theirs next week. I suspect different local authorities will have different arrangements to manage it

Glasgow

So this really is giving false hope. Scotland think they are doing well when moving so fast down the ages when in reality so many have been missed.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

There is NO slow vaccination programme

Following JCVI Directive

95%Care Home Residents

96%Care Home Staff

95%Social Care & NHS Staff

80s on track to meet 5/2/21 target

England

65% Care Homes vaccinated

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"So this really is giving false hope. Scotland think they are doing well when moving so fast down the ages when in reality so many have been missed."
I dont think that's the case one regional area might have more 80s & over than another regional area therefor it will take longer to vaccinate everyone .

Also as has been said different regional areas are not rolling out the vaccine at the same pace

Penicuik

"Are Scotland lagging behind?."

All 80’s will be vaccinated by the end of the first week in February.

Some will decline, and the BBC will manage to find Karen’s mum has been missed though

"There is NO slow vaccination programme

Following JCVI Directive

95%Care Home Residents

96%Care Home Staff

England

"

Glasgow

Just confusing for old people watching the daily updates.

Penicuik

"Just confusing for old people watching the daily updates. "

Wait 9 days then let me know and I’ll personally hold John Swinney’s feet to the fire.

By *implyJayGeeMan  over a year ago

Garthamlock

"My mum is 81 and heard nothing and neither have her over 80yr old friends but Nicola is now saying they are onto the 70year olds. What is going on?. Are Scotland lagging behind?."

Who knows what goes on in her head anymore. Don’t even think she knows. My job requires me to go into all sorts of houses dealing with all sorts of people and yet we are way down the list, if we’re even on it, yet security guards and various office based jobs have all received it before 1, your mum and 2, frontline responders. It’s an absolute joke. I’ve voted SNP for the last time, her constant indyref chat on top of the absolute farce that this covid situation has turned out... no faith anymore.

Glasgow

"Just confusing for old people watching the daily updates.

Wait 9 days then let me know and I’ll personally hold John Swinney’s feet to the fire. "

Will do.x

Penicuik

"I’ve voted SNP for the last time, her constant indyref chat on top of the absolute farce that this covid situation has turned out... no faith anymore. "

You’ve never voted SNP

If you voted for them then you’d know they kinda like to talk about and deliver independence.

Scotland had as little as 2 deaths in the summer but the UK govt allowed our airports, ports etc to remain open.

We’re surrounded by water, how have other islands faired so much better ?

All my elderly relatives have had their 1st jabs

Penicuik

My dad and his pal 73/74 booked in for next Monday

Garthamlock

"I’ve voted SNP for the last time, her constant indyref chat on top of the absolute farce that this covid situation has turned out... no faith anymore.

You’ve never voted SNP

If you voted for them then you’d know they kinda like to talk about and deliver independence.

Scotland had as little as 2 deaths in the summer but the UK govt allowed our airports, ports etc to remain open.

We’re surrounded by water, how have other islands faired so much better ? "

How do you know who I’ve voted and haven’t?? Off yer high horse and take the sturgeon tinted glasses off.

Penicuik

"I’ve voted SNP for the last time, her constant indyref chat on top of the absolute farce that this covid situation has turned out... no faith anymore.

You’ve never voted SNP

How do you know who I’ve voted and haven’t?? Off yer high horse and take the sturgeon tinted glasses off. "

It’s fairly obvious. I’m sure others will concur

By *RD2020Man  over a year ago

Stirling

Following JCVI Directive

95%Care Home Residents

96%Care Home Staff

England

"

You just can't help yourself!

Penicuik

Following JCVI Directive

95%Care Home Residents

96%Care Home Staff

England

You just can't help yourself! "

Care to explain ?

By *ndermykiltMan  over a year ago

Perth

I'm sure its nicola herself who decides who gets it and who dosnt obviously no voters will need to wait till last if she let's them have it qt all

Penicuik

"I'm sure its nicola herself who decides who gets it and who dosnt obviously no voters will need to wait till last if she let's them have it qt all "

Garthamlock

You’ve never voted SNP

How do you know who I’ve voted and haven’t?? Off yer high horse and take the sturgeon tinted glasses off.

It’s fairly obvious. I’m sure others will concur "

And it’s neither theirs nor your business to sit and judge me. I don’t have to evidence myself to you or anyone on here and I’m actually annoyed at myself for responding to your bullshit. I can see from other responses on here that you just argue with anyone who doesn’t go along with your rhetoric. Quite sad really. People are allowed to have different views, and don’t need judged for it. Good day sir.

Penicuik

You’ve never voted SNP

And it’s neither theirs nor your business to sit and judge me. I don’t have to evidence myself to you or anyone on here and I’m actually annoyed at myself for responding to your bullshit. I can see from other responses on here that you just argue with anyone who doesn’t go along with your rhetoric. Quite sad really. People are allowed to have different views, and don’t need judged for it. Good day sir. "

I only reply to what I read. Care to highlight my arguments so I know what you specifically mean ?

Glasgow

"I'm sure its nicola herself who decides who gets it and who dosnt obviously no voters will need to wait till last if she let's them have it qt all "

Guess i slipped through the net then.

The posted stats by both England and Scotland is that we’ve both done ~7.5% of our total populations when I looked at them a few days ago. There really isn’t a lot in it.

People need to understand that some areas will be faster than others and that situations change.

Logistically this is a challenge of Brobdingnagian proportions (I love that word) also people shouldn’t expect it to be a smooth downward line on a graph. (That’s not how large projects go)

Perth

"I'm sure its nicola herself who decides who gets it and who dosnt obviously no voters will need to wait till last if she let's them have it qt all

Guess i slipped through the net then."

Only thing I can suggest would be does your gp have your up to date contact information? I'm sure you haven't been forgotten just give it time

My parents are in their 80's and got their first jab two Saturdays ago. They've got a date for their second jab in April x

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

Wait 9 days then let me know and I’ll personally hold John Swinney’s feet to the fire. "

Can i light it and why we need to wait

Perth

"My parents are in their 80's and got their first jab two Saturdays ago. They've got a date for their second jab in April x"

Hopefully not April the 1st

"My parents are in their 80's and got their first jab two Saturdays ago. They've got a date for their second jab in April x

Hopefully not April the 1st "

Lol no the 10th x

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Calamity Jeanne claims that the roll out of the vaccine has not been delayed. The hold up is due the lack of blue envelopes that are available.

Still look on the bright side. Scotland’s vaccine roll out could have been a whole lot worse if still in the EU. Perhaps there was method in the SNPs madness in voting for a no deal Brexit.

edinburgh

"All 80’s will be vaccinated by the end of the first week in February. "

That’s complete bollocks. I have one elderly family member who’s been told she’s not likely to be vaccinated before April.

Stay at home and down your way would be better then

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

The Scottish govt have been to busy whinging about indy to bother with dealing with anything else seriously lagging behind the rest of the UK with less than a third of availible doses administered

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

So they're now scrapping people getting the first dose so they can give second doses to those waiting.

Make it up as they go along.

They don't have enough, simply put.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

No rhyme nor reason to it.

My mother, just turned 66 gets her 1st jab next week. Retired teacher, no health issues and fit as a fiddle.

Not complaining but does make you wonder. My uncle 75yrs and stays in same street as her is shielding, has heard nothing as yet.

Scotland had as little as 2 deaths in the summer but the UK govt allowed our airports, ports etc to remain open. "

So I'm assuming wee nic made it compulsory to self isolate in a hotel for 10 days and be tested too , to be sure nobody brought the virus in through Scottish airports and ports. NO ????

What do you mean NO ?? Wee nic and her Crystal ball just let them enter and now your blaming the UK government, how does that work ??

So I'm assuming wee nic made it compulsory to self isolate in a hotel for 10 days and be tested too , to be sure nobody brought the virus in through Scottish airports and ports. NO ????

What do you mean NO ?? Wee nic and her Crystal ball just let them enter and now your blaming the UK government, how does that work ?? "

I'm also assuming she never let Scotland take part in the eat out to help out campaign either. Oh wait a minute .

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

What do you mean NO ?? Wee nic and her Crystal ball just let them enter and now your blaming the UK government, how does that work ??

I'm also assuming she never let Scotland take part in the eat out to help out campaign either. Oh wait a minute . "

Did she have the power to prevent Scottish restaurants running the scheme? Of course, she could have kept the pubs and restaurants closed but that's something entirely different.

scotland

"Calamity Jeanne claims that the roll out of the vaccine has not been delayed. The hold up is due the lack of blue envelopes that are available.

Still look on the bright side. Scotland’s vaccine roll out could have been a whole lot worse if still in the EU. Perhaps there was method in the SNPs madness in voting for a no deal Brexit.

"

Yes, it COULD have been IF Scotland was still in the EU AND Scotland had taken part in the EU's joint vaccine procurement scheme.

However, no EU member was obliged to join the scheme so perhaps check your facts before commenting.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Different health boards have set up their vaccination programmes differently to suit their own geography and population spread.

As such it can be difficult to directly compare them.

I'm also assuming she never let Scotland take part in the eat out to help out campaign either. Oh wait a minute .

Did she have the power to prevent Scottish restaurants running the scheme? Of course, she could have kept the pubs and restaurants closed but that's something entirely different."

She had similar powers to enforce minimum pricing on the sale alcohol , so yes she could have prevented "eat out" rules but why would she . We know she doesn't have a crystal ball just like the UK government doesn't have a crystal ball on every decision either. My point is you can't pick and choose the fuckups that support your own agenda you simply have to accept No country has got it right including Scotland.

"My mum is 81 and heard nothing and neither have her over 80yr old friends but Nicola is now saying they are onto the 70year olds. What is going on?. Are Scotland lagging behind?."

There will be another strain along any minute and they will need to start new vacine treatments for them next anyways . It is here to stay in some form or another just like the flu. Time to say enough is enough and get the country moving again.

By *auradCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Our elderly relatives have received jags in the order I would have expected.

Mr d is 50 in the summer and is expecting to spend his birthday with a sore arm.

scotland

Did she have the power to prevent Scottish restaurants running the scheme? Of course, she could have kept the pubs and restaurants closed but that's something entirely different.

She had similar powers to enforce minimum pricing on the sale alcohol , so yes she could have prevented "eat out" rules but why would she . We know she doesn't have a crystal ball just like the UK government doesn't have a crystal ball on every decision either. My point is you can't pick and choose the fuckups that support your own agenda you simply have to accept No country has got it right including Scotland. "

She has powers to enforce minimum pricing on the sale alcohol thanks to the The Alcohol (Minimum Pricing) (Scotland) Act 2012.

What gives her the power to tell a business that they can't claim money from the UK government?

I have cast no opinion on Scotland's handling of the pandemic. I am pointing out that your comment was possibly something the NS had absolutely no control over.

scotland

"My mum is 81 and heard nothing and neither have her over 80yr old friends but Nicola is now saying they are onto the 70year olds. What is going on?. Are Scotland lagging behind?.

There will be another strain along any minute and they will need to start new vacine treatments for them next anyways . It is here to stay in some form or another just like the flu. Time to say enough is enough and get the country moving again. "

You don't actually know that there will be a new strain that needs a new vaccine.

You do realise that if you limit the spread of the virus it will mutate less?

The spread isn't going to be limited though with the amount of people out and about in groups all the time just now

where were you when the #bluewater inquiry was whitewashing school safety?

Penicuik

What do you mean NO ?? Wee nic and her Crystal ball just let them enter and now your blaming the UK government, how does that work ?? "

Border control is under UK govt remit.

10 months before any half hearted effort from Westminster isn’t good enough.

Have a look at what exactly is devolved and what isn’t. #basics

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Freeman is a complete and utter disaster, how she keeps her job I don't know.

And one of the worst areas for the rollout is the FM's own constituency!!

By *emasselMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Wee Nippy will be on the tele at lunchtime telling everyone what a great job she is doing...when it is all a bit of a cock up.

By *tuartieMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

No one age 60 is getting the vaccination until March unless they are in certain groups .

Lanarkshire

No one age 60 is getting the vaccination until March unless they are in certain groups .

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Whilst the focus was on getting the vaccine to carehomes in the hope it'll cover up the negligence at the start of this there are still elderly in hospital. I'm unaware of any of them having had the vaccine. Whilst the staffing program is in full flow are elderly patients being left behind there?

Always be winners and losers depends on location, supply, demand, staff available etc.

My elder relative got his first this week and is told 3-12 weeks for second.

That's quite a window but at least the balls rolling

Have a look at what exactly is devolved and what isn’t. #basics "

True boarder control is a reserved power however isolation is something NS/SNP could have brought in, and if memory serves me right did, but she/they never went as far as the hotel part.

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

People need to realise that even though there mum or granny are in there 80’s and haven’t had there jab yet is because there is probably 1000’s of more mums, grannies, grandpa’s that have lots of health problems and are in need of it first! Everyone will get done but some people are in need of it more than others and that’s the way it should be, I can get the vaccine now because of one of the jobs I do but I’m happy to wait my turn and let those more in need of it get it first! Calm doon people

Penicuik

Have a look at what exactly is devolved and what isn’t. #basics

True boarder control is a reserved power however isolation is something NS/SNP could have brought in, and if memory serves me right did, but she/they never went as far as the hotel part. "

You cut the head off the snake, allowing borders to remain open for 10 month without any preventative measures is the UK govt doing hence the 100,000 plus death toll.

No point in advocating isolation when you have a constant through fare from borders.

By *cots tottyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Listened to nicola today the amount of times she mentioned England regarding the vaccine she is turning it into a competition I am not interested in what they are doing in England I am Scottish and only interested in the vaccination programme in scotland it would appear that we have the capacity to carry out more vaccinations but having issues with supply as usual nicola turns it around what’s the problem with Boris coming to scotland it is for political gain but nicola is good at that the £500 bonus given to nhs staff or should I say not given

Think it's remiss of him to come here, it's not essential.

"Think it's remiss of him to come here, it's not essential. "

He is PM of The United Kingdom. Last time I checked Scotlad was still part of the UK.

I'm not sure what the issue is, it's no different to him going anywhere in England

"Think it's remiss of him to come here, it's not essential.

He is PM of The United Kingdom. Last time I checked Scotlad was still part of the UK.

I'm not sure what the issue is, it's no different to him going anywhere in England

"

Just don't think he needed to make the trip, PM or not, it's not essential.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Think it's remiss of him to come here, it's not essential.

Just don't think he needed to make the trip, PM or not, it's not essential. "

edinburgh

How low can this nasty piece of work go. She is now threatening to reveal the volume of vaccine supplies which could very well disrupt the roll out here in the U.K.

As if she hasn’t got enough blood on her hands already, if she does indeed go ahead then she’ll have a hell of a lot more.

This creature doesn’t care about anyone apart from herself. She’s more interested in covering up her and Peters corruption and cosying up the bullying bureaucrats in Brussels rather than getting the virus under controls and vaccine rolled out.

Penicuik

"How low can this nasty piece of work go. She is now threatening to reveal the volume of vaccine supplies which could very well disrupt the roll out here in the U.K.

As if she hasn’t got enough blood on her hands already, if she does indeed go ahead then she’ll have a hell of a lot more.

This creature doesn’t care about anyone apart from herself. She’s more interested in covering up her and Peters corruption and cosying up the bullying bureaucrats in Brussels rather than getting the virus under controls and vaccine rolled out."

The tories asked for data, Nicola publishes data, the tories ask for its removal because it clearly shows the ineptitude of the UK’s (england) vaccine stocks. The tories and Labour then claim scotland is lagging behind and Nicola says fuck off then the data will be available again next week.

Scotland is behind England ... except in vaccinating care homes ... and death rate ... and transmission rate ... in other words all of the key areas.

Lanarkshire

A load of rubbish these figures not true

Lanarkshire

Following JCVI Directive

95%Care Home Residents

96%Care Home Staff

A load of rubbish these figures definitely not true

England

"

Lanarkshire

"I have family in their 60s who will get theirs next week. I suspect different local authorities will have different arrannot gements to manage it"

Not true only people getting the vaccination in their 60's are special groups.

Lanarkshire

"The Scottish govt have been to busy whinging about indy to bother with dealing with anything else seriously lagging behind the rest of the UK with less than a third of availible doses administered "

Lanarkshire

"Listened to nicola today the amount of times she mentioned England regarding the vaccine she is turning it into a competition I am not interested in what they are doing in England I am Scottish and only interested in the vaccination programme in scotland it would appear that we have the capacity to carry out more vaccinations but having issues with supply as usual nicola turns it around what’s the problem with Boris coming to scotland it is for political gain but nicola is good at that the £500 bonus given to nhs staff or should I say not given "

Penicuik

"A load of rubbish these figures not true"

Care to share what you consider to be the true figures ?

"I have family in their 60s who will get theirs next week. I suspect different local authorities will have different arrannot gements to manage it

Not true only people getting the vaccination in their 60's are special groups."

It's my truth

I accept it isn't everyone's

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

My local GP had their clinic dedicated to over-80's this week and planned for over-70's next week.

The one that does annoy me is that on one of the diabetic websites, my clinic claimed to have been the first clinic in the UK to have given all their patients the first dose.

I must have slept through that one???

Mandy

Just thinking - since so many companies are now developing vaccines, I can’t wait for Stella Artois, Greggs, Dominos and Jim Beam to do theirs

coatbridge

"Calamity Jeanne claims that the roll out of the vaccine has not been delayed. The hold up is due the lack of blue envelopes that are available.

Yes, it COULD have been IF Scotland was still in the EU AND Scotland had taken part in the EU's joint vaccine procurement scheme.

However, no EU member was obliged to join the scheme so perhaps check your facts before commenting. "

best check your facts the big 3 in the EU were forced to scrap their talks with vac companies as we're told the EU would be taking care of it

By *iercedyvonneTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's a mess.

SNP saying they are following the JCVI yet my 70 year old fit as a flea uncle has got his vaccine while my 83 year old frail aunt with two other health problems still hasn't got hers so to say they are following JCVI to defend why we are 38% behind England is bare faced lying.

Apparently there aren't enough vaccines where my aunt lives.

Surely it's not that hard to take vaccines to where they are needed? Getting the vaccines to those most needing it saves lives and protects the NHS - this isn't a game.

But it's not even that difficult as there are hundreds of thousands in stock.

It's rank incompetence and doesn't help the independence argument.

Bojo and crew are idiots but the SNP are on another level.

Must be different all over my gran in her 90s only got it this week.

For anyone in North lansrkshire who knows anyone 80 or over who haven't heard about their vaccine

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158250515573897&id=363168968896

Glasgow

"For anyone in North lansrkshire who knows anyone 80 or over who haven't heard about their vaccine

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158250515573897&id=363168968896"

East Kilbride is in South Lanarkshire and very far away for old people to travel to.

"For anyone in North lansrkshire who knows anyone 80 or over who haven't heard about their vaccine

East Kilbride is in South Lanarkshire and very far away for old people to travel to."

It was posted on Nlc website but vaccination is in Ek.

It might be a bit far for some but hopefully a lot of people will make it along

East Kilbride is in South Lanarkshire and very far away for old people to travel to.It was posted on Nlc website but vaccination is in Ek.

It might be a bit far for some but hopefully a lot of people will make it along "

Can I ask what the article was about?

East Kilbride is in South Lanarkshire and very far away for old people to travel to.It was posted on Nlc website but vaccination is in Ek.

Can I ask what the article was about?"

Its for people aged 80 or over who haven't revieved their appointment to be vaccinated .

They are holding an additional clinic to vaccinate this Sunday in Ek

Can I ask what the article was about?Its for people aged 80 or over who haven't revieved their appointment to be vaccinated .

They are holding an additional clinic to vaccinate this Sunday in Ek "

You have to be registered with a gp in North lanarkshire

Glasgow

Still think it is bad when they advise you not to travel yet offering vaccines 30+miles away for pensioners.

Can I ask what the article was about?Its for people aged 80 or over who haven't revieved their appointment to be vaccinated .

They are holding an additional clinic to vaccinate this Sunday in Ek You have to be registered with a gp in North lanarkshire "

I found the article but this must be a mistake. Surely North Lanarkshire Council aren't expecting people of this age to travel to East Kilbride?

Glasgow

They are holding an additional clinic to vaccinate this Sunday in Ek You have to be registered with a gp in North lanarkshire

I found the article but this must be a mistake. Surely North Lanarkshire Council aren't expecting people of this age to travel to East Kilbride? "

Nothing surprises me these days.

They are holding an additional clinic to vaccinate this Sunday in Ek You have to be registered with a gp in North lanarkshire

I found the article but this must be a mistake. Surely North Lanarkshire Council aren't expecting people of this age to travel to East Kilbride?

Nothing surprises me these days."

I'm with you on that!

I found the article but this must be a mistake. Surely North Lanarkshire Council aren't expecting people of this age to travel to East Kilbride? "

Well going by the article they obviously are

I found the article but this must be a mistake. Surely North Lanarkshire Council aren't expecting people of this age to travel to East Kilbride? Well going by the article they obviously are "

Can't see many of that age group being able to get there. The bus service is abysmal on a Sunday

I found the article but this must be a mistake. Surely North Lanarkshire Council aren't expecting people of this age to travel to East Kilbride? Well going by the article they obviously are

Can't see many of that age group being able to get there. The bus service is abysmal on a Sunday"

Well hopefully someone in their bubble support with try get them there if they can

Glasgow

I found the article but this must be a mistake. Surely North Lanarkshire Council aren't expecting people of this age to travel to East Kilbride? Well going by the article they obviously are

Can't see many of that age group being able to get there. The bus service is abysmal on a SundayWell hopefully someone in their bubble support with try get them there if they can "

Which will mean 2 folk travelling in a car for each vaccine. Crazy,especially in winter when EK gets the heavy snow.

edinburgh

Expecting the most vulnerable group to travel out with their council area in the height of a pandemic is preposterous.

It's ridiculous and not everyone has a support bubble with someone

Glasgow

"Expecting the most vulnerable group to travel out with their council area in the height of a pandemic is preposterous."

And meanwhile 83yr old MrX who lives minutes away is still waiting for his vaccine.

Can't see many of that age group being able to get there. The bus service is abysmal on a SundayWell hopefully someone in their bubble support with try get them there if they can

Which will mean 2 folk travelling in a car for each vaccine. Crazy,especially in winter when EK gets the heavy snow."

If they are in a support bubble then they will be allowed

"Expecting the most vulnerable group to travel out with their council area in the height of a pandemic is preposterous."
It is but if it gets them vaccined sooner

"It's ridiculous and not everyone has a support bubble with someone"
I do know that

"It's ridiculous and not everyone has a support bubble with someoneI do know that "

"Expecting the most vulnerable group to travel out with their council area in the height of a pandemic is preposterous.

And meanwhile 83yr old MrX who lives minutes away is still waiting for his vaccine."

They are trying their best to roll out the vaccine as quickly as possible its a case of damned if the do damned if they don't

Glasgow

This must be a mistake surely. If not it is just thoughtless. I know people in Ek who are 80+ and not been vaccinated yet.

"This must be a mistake surely. If not it is just thoughtless. I know people in Ek who are 80+ and not been vaccinated yet."
As was discussed on your last post each council area will have their own set up for dealing with this !

A lot of things don't make sense but its how they are doing it and thats it!..we just need to wait until its our turn whenever that may be

Let me correct this as ive just read over it again.

It was posted on Nlc's website

but its actually open to anyone 80 or over who is registered with a gp in Lanarkshire so I'm then assuming its for both North & South Lanarkshire & not just the North ops

So hopefully all these people still waiting whether in North or south lanarkshire will get their vaccine

Sorry for confusing you

edinburgh

Can we get rid of this misleading NHS Scotland tag then and name them NHS Lanarkshire, NHS Lothian, NHS Tayside and so on.

North and South Lanarkshire are NHS Lanarkshire Health Board x

Glasgow

Well i will not be taking my mum and she would not want me to as i would need to travel 20miles to get her then 30miles to EK then 30miles again to take her home then 20miles again to get me home.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

These are anything but normal times ... they are offering more vaccines to try and get them done quicker, is it good it’s out of area? Absolutely not! Is it good all the people in this category haven’t been done in their local authority already? Again absolutely not! Not everyone will have a bubble, not everyone will be able to travel but some will and will be more than happy to. If it were my parents I would drive them the length of the country, again I appreciate not everyone would or can but surely for the ones that can this can only be a good thing!!

I just want to point out at this stage before I’m accused of being an SNP supporter I’m not but as they are currently leading our country and making the decisions whether we like it or not ANY attempt to offer more vaccines has to be welcomed.

You’ve never voted SNP

It’s fairly obvious. I’m sure others will concur "

I too voted snp and accepted the no vote I will not vote for them again, a second indépendance vote is not what is needed we need stability, economic recovery health and education boosted not ploughing resources J to a farcical second inderef

"These are anything but normal times ... they are offering more vaccines to try and get them done quicker, is it good it’s out of area? Absolutely not! Is it good all the people in this category haven’t been done in their local authority already? Again absolutely not! Not everyone will have a bubble, not everyone will be able to travel but some will and will be more than happy to. If it were my parents I would drive them the length of the country, again I appreciate not everyone would or can but surely for the ones that can this can only be a good thing!!

I just want to point out at this stage before I’m accused of being an SNP supporter I’m not but as they are currently leading our country and making the decisions whether we like it or not ANY attempt to offer more vaccines has to be welcomed. "

I totally agree with everything uve said here.

They are only trying their best to give everyone this opportunity but of course it won't suit everyone but like you if my parents were still alive I'd do anything I could to get them to that appointment

I'm pretty sure travelling to a place to get a vaccine, if you are eligible, would count as essential travel.

There's a few places down south where taxi drivers are being community spirited, and transporting some of the elderly there for free.

Maybe that'll catch on here too

"I'm pretty sure travelling to a place to get a vaccine, if you are eligible, would count as essential travel.

There's a few places down south where taxi drivers are being community spirited, and transporting some of the elderly there for free.

Maybe that'll catch on here too"

yeah I think your allowed if its for medical reasons.

I've saw a lot of posts on Facebook of people offering to take people to appointments too

"I'm pretty sure travelling to a place to get a vaccine, if you are eligible, would count as essential travel.

Maybe that'll catch on here too"

There is one taxi company in Perth offering to take the elderly there and back for free

By *rumstick1972Man  over a year ago

blantyre

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 05:43:24]

blantyre

You’ve never voted SNP

And it’s neither theirs nor your business to sit and judge me. I don’t have to evidence myself to you or anyone on here and I’m actually annoyed at myself for responding to your bullshit. I can see from other responses on here that you just argue with anyone who doesn’t go along with your rhetoric. Quite sad really. People are allowed to have different views, and don’t need judged for it. Good day sir. "

well said my thoughts as well plus he goes off the topic all the time with propaganda crap

blantyre

[Removed by poster at 30/01/21 05:51:58]

Lanarkshire

"A load of rubbish these figures not true

Care to share what you consider to be the true figures ? "

Well definitely not yours.

End of story.

Penicuik

Well definitely not yours.

End of story. "

Oh hello zest

Lanarkshire

"I have family in their 60s who will get theirs next week. I suspect different local authorities will have different arrannot gements to manage it

I accept it isn't everyone's "

definitely not true my son in law is a Doctor, yesterday

The over 70'some only got the green light to be vaccinated.

I accept it isn't everyone's definitely not true my son in law is a Doctor, yesterday

The over 70'some only got the green light to be vaccinated. "

Like I said, it's my truth

Lanarkshire

I accept it isn't everyone's definitely not true my son in law is a Doctor, yesterday

Like I said, it's my truth "

yes it may be but definitely not true .think who ever told is either a key worker or medical. As no one else in their 60's are getting it and that's a fact , check the Scottish Government website.

Like I said, it's my truth yes it may be but definitely not true .think who ever told is either a key worker or medical. As no one else in their 60's are getting it and that's a fact , check the Scottish Government website."

Oh Stuart

Lanarkshire

Like I said, it's my truth yes it may be but definitely not true .think who ever told is either a key worker or medical. As no one else in their 60's are getting it and that's a fact , check the Scottish Government website.

Oh Stuart "

There is one taxi company in Perth offering to take the elderly there and back for free "

Yeah I've saw the same here

As has already been said many would do their bit to get those in the age bracket to get their vaccine not matter how far it was

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Personally I think Nicola needs to put her money where her mouth is. An alignment with the vaccination program in the Eu being a priority. We should stop the Scottish vaccine process right away and sent our stocks down to Brussels. Long live the EU.

coatbridge

"Personally I think Nicola needs to put her money where her mouth is. An alignment with the vaccination program in the Eu being a priority. We should stop the Scottish vaccine process right away and sent our stocks down to Brussels. Long live the EU.

"

yup unfortunately even though we are behind the curve with UK figures we are way to far in front of the EU so we must stop vaccines and stand with our European overlords eh I mean countrymen eh eh eh I mean compatriots eh eh brothers and sisters of unity

coatbridge

There is one taxi company in Perth offering to take the elderly there and back for free Yeah I've saw the same here

As has already been said many would do their bit to get those in the age bracket to get their vaccine not matter how far it was "

they shouldn't have to if its for nl it should be rolled out in nl what next there's 40 vaccines availible in grimsby.

Move 10 ml vials around causes no or minimal risks move hundreds of people and those who have to move them massive risks (by their own measurements)

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

I’m at wits end with vaccine stuff, my 80+ year old dad has quite a few health issues and is house bound with a package of care and nurses in daily, he got a call a week past Friday to say the community vaccination team would be there Monday (25th jan) to do his vaccine.... came to yesterday and no one had been. I called GP and let rip, they tried to absolve themselves saying house bound patients were being done by a separate team, that wasn’t washing with me. Told them he was their patient so it was their responsibility to sort it.... less than half an hour later he had a call to say he’d be done Monday coming, his name was on a list as having had his vaccine already but “there had obviously been a mistake” angry does not cover my feelings and I won’t be letting it lie believe you me.

As for Edinburgh Lothian seems to be well behind, I know of several people (me included) who have done vaccination course so we could help at the mass vaccine centres and so far there is no way to sign up to do a shift there.

Colleagues in glasgow started helping at Louisa Jordan more than a week ago!

Glasgow

Lots of blunders being made. My friends mum aged 78 has had her letter with her date to be vaccinated whereas her 82year old dad who lives in the same house is still waiting even though they have the same doctor.

edinburgh

They couldn’t even carry out the simple task of purchasing the correct flu jab in 2018 so it’s hardly surprising that the COVID-19 vaccine roll out has been a mega monumental fuck up.

"Lots of blunders being made. My friends mum aged 78 has had her letter with her date to be vaccinated whereas her 82year old dad who lives in the same house is still waiting even though they have the same doctor."

Has your friend or their dad contacted the surgery to enquire about getting the jag.

A friend hadn’t heard so she spoke to her surgery and they organised for her to get it this morning. She’s 94 btw

Penicuik

"They couldn’t even carry out the simple task of purchasing the correct flu jab in 2018 so it’s hardly surprising that the COVID-19 vaccine roll out has been a mega monumental fuck up."

In what way ?

I think people need to realise this is something completely new to everyone.

There have been many mistakes made but everyone will get the vaccine who wants it !

For those who are concerned there loved ones haven't got it when they should have then call the gp and ask why!

edinburgh

"I think people need to realise this is something completely new to everyone.

There have been many mistakes made but everyone will get the vaccine who wants it !

For those who are concerned there loved ones haven't got it when they should have then call the gp and ask why! "

Not that simple I’m afraid seems to be health boards sorting up here not GP’s, I should not have to phone and rant to get someone who fits the highest risk category their vaccine.

It’s also a smack in the teeth when Tesco delivery drivers (and no offence is meant) are being trained up on a one day course to vaccinate in England but me with 20+ years experience (and I’ve done vaccines before) is willing but not being utilised. I’ve got many gripes with Westminster and up until lately had more faith in our government up here but i have some serious gripes with them at moment!

For those who are concerned there loved ones haven't got it when they should have then call the gp and ask why!

Not that simple I’m afraid seems to be health boards sorting up here not GP’s, I should not have to phone and rant to get someone who fits the highest risk category their vaccine.

It’s also a smack in the teeth when Tesco delivery drivers (and no offence is meant) are being trained up on a one day course to vaccinate in England but me with 20+ years experience (and I’ve done vaccines before) is willing but not being utilised. I’ve got many gripes with Westminster and up until lately had more faith in our government up here but i have some serious gripes with them at moment! "

You said further up the post you called your dads gp about him not getting the vaccine and he's now getting it this Monday so they must be able to do something about those who haven't got when they should have .

I know its not ideal

edinburgh

It’s also a smack in the teeth when Tesco delivery drivers (and no offence is meant) are being trained up on a one day course to vaccinate in England but me with 20+ years experience (and I’ve done vaccines before) is willing but not being utilised. I’ve got many gripes with Westminster and up until lately had more faith in our government up here but i have some serious gripes with them at moment! You said further up the post you called your dads gp about him not getting the vaccine and he's now getting it this Monday so they must be able to do something about those who haven't got when they should have .

I know its not ideal "

Wasn’t them that organised it I complained to them and they repeatedly said it wasn’t theirs to sort. I called them as there is literally no where else to enquire, my mum who is in her 70s herself was on phone in tears to me and had phoned twice this week and they just kept saying it’s not them. Think the call was coincidence.

He was also told last 8 days ago he was to get it last Monday so I’ll actually believe it when I’ve had my mum on the phone to tell me he’s had it!

I’m first to big up nhs as we do our best but it’s failed so many in so ways during the last year.

Glasgow

My mum had hers today after getting a phone call this morning. She said church hall was quiet and she left straight afterwards and was not made wait 15mins to see if she took any reaction. She is fine so all is good.x

Penicuik

"My mum had hers today after getting a phone call this morning. She said church hall was quiet and she left straight afterwards and was not made wait 15mins to see if she took any reaction. She is fine so all is good.x"

Excellent, John Swinney’s feet are safe

"My mum had hers today after getting a phone call this morning. She said church hall was quiet and she left straight afterwards and was not made wait 15mins to see if she took any reaction. She is fine so all is good.x"
Great news

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

"My mum is 81 and heard nothing and neither have her over 80yr old friends but Nicola is now saying they are onto the 70year olds. What is going on?. Are Scotland lagging behind?.

Who knows what goes on in her head anymore. Don’t even think she knows. My job requires me to go into all sorts of houses dealing with all sorts of people and yet we are way down the list, if we’re even on it, yet security guards and various office based jobs have all received it before 1, your mum and 2, frontline responders. It’s an absolute joke. I’ve voted SNP for the last time, her constant indyref chat on top of the absolute farce that this covid situation has turned out... no faith anymore. "

I smell shite

edinburgh

Who knows what goes on in her head anymore. Don’t even think she knows. My job requires me to go into all sorts of houses dealing with all sorts of people and yet we are way down the list, if we’re even on it, yet security guards and various office based jobs have all received it before 1, your mum and 2, frontline responders. It’s an absolute joke. I’ve voted SNP for the last time, her constant indyref chat on top of the absolute farce that this covid situation has turned out... no faith anymore.

I smell shite"

Why?

blantyre

Care to share what you consider to be the true figures ? "

your percentage figures look very awesome for Scottish government on vaccination for care homes but in reality the figures are damming for SNP you stated that 95% care homes in Scotland has been vaccinated .Currently there are approx 1,388,838 folk in Scottish care homes so using your percentage 95% that means 1319396 vaccinated in Scotland.

In England there are approx 13,465,551 folk in care homes using your percentage of 65% that is 8752608 that has been vaccinated in England compared to 1319396 In Scotland that’s 7,433,212 vaccinated behind England so please don’t use percentages to prove your point use figures

your percentage figures look very awesome for Scottish government on vaccination for care homes but in reality the figures are damming for SNP you stated that 95% care homes in Scotland has been vaccinated .Currently there are approx 1,388,838 folk in Scottish care homes so using your percentage 95% that means 1319396 vaccinated in Scotland.

In England there are approx 13,465,551 folk in care homes using your percentage of 65% that is 8752608 that has been vaccinated in England compared to 1319396 In Scotland that’s 7,433,212 vaccinated behind England so please don’t use percentages to prove your point use figures"

Your figures are wrong

By *irthybrownMan  over a year ago

near you Scotland

I've had my vaccine in December but it's only office hours. If they are serious they should do it 24 hrs round the clock to get double the doses in, that's the only way cases will fall sharply in a few weeks moreover some that had recent infection are likely to be immune for 6 months

Tain

"I’m at wits end with vaccine stuff, my 80+ year old dad has quite a few health issues and is house bound with a package of care and nurses in daily, he got a call a week past Friday to say the community vaccination team would be there Monday (25th jan) to do his vaccine.... came to yesterday and no one had been. I called GP and let rip, they tried to absolve themselves saying house bound patients were being done by a separate team, that wasn’t washing with me. Told them he was their patient so it was their responsibility to sort it.... less than half an hour later he had a call to say he’d be done Monday coming, his name was on a list as having had his vaccine already but “there had obviously been a mistake” angry does not cover my feelings and I won’t be letting it lie believe you me.

As for Edinburgh Lothian seems to be well behind, I know of several people (me included) who have done vaccination course so we could help at the mass vaccine centres and so far there is no way to sign up to do a shift there.

Colleagues in glasgow started helping at Louisa Jordan more than a week ago! "

Working in a vaccine centre, myself and a colleague could each easily see over 50 patients a day each. Total between us over 100.

Visiting over 80s in own home. Travel, set up, jab, clean up, wait 15minutes, into car and onwards. Lucky to get 12 a day.

New vaccinators are constantly joining rota but we are trickling them in to ensure proper inductions.

Also constrained by amount of virus received.

Tain

In England there are approx 13,465,551 folk in care homes using your percentage of 65% that is 8752608 that has been vaccinated in England compared to 1319396 In Scotland that’s 7,433,212 vaccinated behind England so please don’t use percentages to prove your point use figures"

I hate to break it to you but your numbers are ridiculous.

You claim 1.38million in care homes in Scotland.

The entire population of Scotland is 5.45million.

You are trying to say that a quarter of Scotland live in care homes?

And you can't use figures when comparing different sizes of population.

England is approximately 10 times as populous as Scotland.

So if we used figures. If Scotland vaccinated 5.45million it would have vaccinated everyone. If England did the same amount, it would only be 1 in 10 of the population.

blantyre

In England there are approx 13,465,551 folk in care homes using your percentage of 65% that is 8752608 that has been vaccinated in England compared to 1319396 In Scotland that’s 7,433,212 vaccinated behind England so please don’t use percentages to prove your point use figures

So if we used figures. If Scotland vaccinated 5.45million it would have vaccinated everyone. If England did the same amount, it would only be 1 in 10 of the population."

Sorry I took figures from the wrong spread sheet

There were 40,926 registered care home places available on 31 March 2017

95% 0f 40,926 =38879.7 approx vaccinated using 2017 figures

Figures taken from https://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Health-and-Social-Community-Care/Publications/2018-09-11/2018-09-11-CHCensus-Report.pdf

Approximately 418,000 people live in english care homes (Laing and Buisson survey 2016). This is 4% of the total population aged 65 years and over, rising to 15% of those aged 85 or more.

Figures taken from https://www.mha.org.uk/news/policy-influencing/facts-stats/#:~:text=Approximately%20418%2C000%20people%20live%20in,the%20total%20care%20home%20population.

65% of 41800 =271700 approx in England using 2016 figures

95% 0f 40,926 =38879 approx in Scotland using 2017 figures

Which means England vaccinated 178,821 more

blantyre

So if we used figures. If Scotland vaccinated 5.45million it would have vaccinated everyone. If England did the same amount, it would only be 1 in 10 of the population.

Sorry I took figures from the wrong spread sheet

There were 40,926 registered care home places available on 31 March 2017

95% 0f 40,926 =38879.7 approx vaccinated using 2017 figures

Figures taken from https://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Health-and-Social-Community-Care/Publications/2018-09-11/2018-09-11-CHCensus-Report.pdf

Approximately 418,000 people live in english care homes (Laing and Buisson survey 2016). This is 4% of the total population aged 65 years and over, rising to 15% of those aged 85 or more.

Figures taken from https://www.mha.org.uk/news/policy-influencing/facts-stats/#:~:text=Approximately%20418%2C000%20people%20live%20in,the%20total%20care%20home%20population.

"

the above should have read 65% of 418000 =271700 approx in England using 2016 figures

By *ishaw cucksCouple  over a year ago

wishaw

Same people same pish I get it you don't like snp but ffs stop making up lies ma wee granny is 94 no had her jag yet ffs stop bull shitting anyways stay safe friends but think before you rattle bullshit ps esp on a swingers site we're awe chocking to get back in the swing xx

Tain

"

"

Which is why percentages are used in public health.

It's nonsensical to directly compare total numbers in different sized populations when measuring effiency.

Penicuik

"England is approximately 10 times as populous as Scotland."

8.2 to be exact

By *ittlebitofpleasure100Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 31/01/21 10:16:46]

By *ittlebitofpleasure100Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Love Nippy Nicky or hate her (I’m the latter)...you’ve got to agree Scotland’s vaccination programme is way behind where it should be. And shouting about an independence campaign right now when we are trying to get through a pandemic, isn’t great either. To have that at the forefront of her mind right now really shows what’s she all about. Oh and being on the TV every day during the week dribbling the same shite...does she not have anything better to do?

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

Scotlands vaccination programme isn't way behind,in fact it's better than England's. Our care homes have virtually all been vaccinated compared to England who are struggling to cope. London with a population similar to Scotland is the worst region in the UK for vaccinations.

Scotland

"Scotlands vaccination programme isn't way behind,in fact it's better than England's. Our care homes have virtually all been vaccinated compared to England who are struggling to cope. London with a population similar to Scotland is the worst region in the UK for vaccinations. "

5.4million in Scotland 9.7million in London

By *ornyjock64Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

You’ve never voted SNP

We’re surrounded by water, how have other islands faired so much better ? "

And confirm how many Scots took advantage of this and headed abroad?

coatbridge

Gotta love the snp diehards blind alligence.

everyone apart from snp agrees scotlands rollout has been piss poor she's to busy conferring with vdl or bleating about indy 2 instead of actually do the job she's ment to do.

On the plus side she's showing how unable her party is of governance

Scotland

"Gotta love the snp diehards blind alligence.

everyone apart from snp agrees scotlands rollout has been piss poor she's to busy conferring with vdl or bleating about indy 2 instead of actually do the job she's ment to do.

On the plus side she's showing how unable her party is of governance"

Indeed. The blind faith people show in this woman is concerning. Despite the continual.praise she gets from certain quarters she really hasn't done any better a job than Boris Johnson. I know being better than Boris and England is all these sorts care about but we really are in no better a position than them.

I fear these folk are going to get their independence dream as they have been sucked in by this charlatan and then the shit will really hit our fans.

Penicuik

Doris is doing more for the break up of the UK than anyone could have imagined.

A gift indeed

Scotland

"Doris is doing more for the break up of the UK than anyone could have imagined.

A gift indeed "

So you keep saying yet the only thing I see on the increase is criticism of your Queen on comment section after comment section.

Penicuik

"Doris is doing more for the break up of the UK than anyone could have imagined.

A gift indeed

So you keep saying yet the only thing I see on the increase is criticism of your Queen on comment section after comment section."

Smelling the fear from here

Scotland

A gift indeed

So you keep saying yet the only thing I see on the increase is criticism of your Queen on comment section after comment section.

Smelling the fear from here "

Fear? What nauseating smugness you have. Completely unfounded too seeing you've had your referendum and lost and there isn't any sign of another. So absolutely no fear here fella, I sleep easy in my bed at night. Can you say the same or does the massive chip on your shoulder hinder you?

Penicuik

"I fear these folk are going to get their independence dream"

Scotland

"I fear these folk are going to get their independence dream

"

Did I say it would happen anytime soon? Back in your box

Penicuik

Did I say it would happen anytime soon? Back in your box"

We can all smell you fear. getting personal is against forum rules.

Scotland

We can all smell you fear. getting personal is against forum rules. "

Go away

Penicuik

We can all smell you fear. getting personal is against forum rules.

Go away"

It’s a forum, people post. that’s how it works.

Penicuik

A gift indeed

So you keep saying yet the only thing I see on the increase is criticism of your Queen on comment section after comment section."

There will be no Queen in the people’s republic of Scotland