FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Gym dilemma

Gym dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *vcarol OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

Although there closed at the moment, I will be faced shortly with this dilemma.

I’m probably best described as 99% full time. I still have my bits and made the decision to keep them. I’m about to go on hormones so the body will hopefully have something a bit better than moobs. My natural hair is shoulder length so no more wigs.

So when the gyms reopen, which changing room do I use? In the gents, I may cause ‘alarm’ by dressing bra/ heels/ makeup etc... in the ladies obviously nudity or both sides maybe an issue, say going for a shower.

I don’t want to cause offence, or have issues, but I need to loose weight, and the weather is not helpful! In the past I went as a guy, but I would feel uncomfortable doing this now....

So, your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Maybe have a word with the gym and see if they've got a solution to this already?

John

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would have know idea what the solution would be.

As John said..Why don't you give them a call.

Also as a suggestion..Why don't you throw this post in other Fab Forums and reach a wider audience.

Good luck.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Does the gym not have cubicles to change in?

Even those with open plan changing rooms often have one or two.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Does the gym not have cubicles to change in?

Even those with open plan changing rooms often have one or two."

pick a gym that only has communal changing area no need for any issues then

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

I would speak with the Gym first as they may have something in place that will suit your needs, I'm assuming it's a private gym your talking about. Have you looked at public ones in sports centres as more public buildings are accommodating the need for change in these areas and if not is it something you could contact the local authorities about. This also sounds strange but I teach in a college and most colleges have gyms for staff and students.....bear with me on this one. ....look at enrolling on a night school course, you'll learn something new, gym membership will be free and colleges are set up for the needs of LGBTQ students. Possibly a win win.

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Navigating this as a trans person is pretty difficult, the likelihood is that if it's more comfortable for you then you could change in a disabled changing room/ bathroom. Technically you should be allowed to change where ever fits with your gender identity but the reality can be different. I know people have had to ask for staff chaperones before or have just went with a friend that would use the same gendered changing room

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Why dont you ask the females of the gym, they are the ones who it will impact?

By *ewisbi76Man  over a year ago

west edinburgh

One gym local to me is also a public swimming pool and the changing for everything is on the 'poolside village' which is mixed. A gym like that may be suitable.

Otherwise there doesn't seem to be any consistency across gym chains I've seen with some branches having open changing rooms and some cubicles. You'd need to ask.

My 'current gym' has a womens changing room with cubicles and showers are cubicled too... But the mens is completely open with a large square open shower room - I think this is to accommodate football teams who use the pitches outside.

» Add a new message to this topic