FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Is there an afterlife?

Is there an afterlife?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Okay so bit of a morbid subject but an interesting one nonetheless. I lost my beloved grandmother recently and unsurprisingly, it got me thinking about what happens when we pass away. What do you all believe?

One of my cousins told me that shortly after her gran passed away when my cousin was 10 she saw her ghost ( on 3 occasions) outside of her house smiling and waving at her. Thoughts.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think we just cease to exist

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Individuals believe what they want to believe.

As a carbon based life form. We are just a bundle of energy that burns like a log in the fire.

That energy has to go somewhere.

Is it just random energy or is it a thinking energy (a soul)...

Science only sees what it knows or has discovered.

Some feel energy around them. A presence if you like.

Has science still to catch up...

By *izzmasterzeroMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

For the most part I believe we just die and that's it, like before you were born you were nothing. But sometimes after watching a TV show or documentary it gets you thinking of other possibilities, I quite like the idea of your energy going elsewhere in the universe in some other form... but it probably doesn't?

"Individuals believe what they want to believe.

As a carbon based life form. We are just a bundle of energy that burns like a log in the fire.

That energy has to go somewhere.

Is it just random energy or is it a thinking energy (a soul)...

Science only sees what it knows or has discovered.

Some feel energy around them. A presence if you like.

Has science still to catch up...

"

I’m with this thought. Everything tangible is “recycled”, whether you are a star or a starfish, a planet or a person, any physical “body” decays and feeds new life. Could whatever our consciousness is also be the same? I have a healthy sceptic on my shoulder in regard to the topic but even scientists agree there is much they cannot explain. Quantum physics is discovering that the universe is much more interconnected than once thought e.g. dark matter and so on. It’s a fascinating topic.

As time goes by we are discovering so much more about our own planet,the universe and even our history.

Anything is possible,

I hope there's something. I don't know what, however it gives me comfort to think that people who pass are still around us (and reunited with each other)

This is one of my favourite subjects.. I’ve watched a lot of NDE videos and read some stuff on it and I truly believe now there is an altered state of consciousness that transcends to a different plane/dimension. There are reported to be around 5% of the world’s population that have had NDE’s so that’s a lot of people! Obviously science can’t explain this yet however it’s very interesting..

"I hope there's something. I don't know what, however it gives me comfort to think that people who pass are still around us (and reunited with each other) "

This

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I hope there is something.

When I was younger and went to the chapel of rest to see my grandfather after his death, I instantly felt there was no reason for me to stay in the room. His body was there but his consciousness was not.

As energy cannot be created or destroyed- it can only be changed. I understand that his energy must have changed or went elsewhere.

If we took a person apart atom by atom, would we find an energy source that makes up their consciousness - that is that unique person?

Therefore, I have concluded that we resonate with an energy that in its make up is unique to us, but us essentially just part of the total energy in the universe. When we die that energy is dissipated back into the universe and recycled.

This leads me to think we are energy connected to all things within our universe and therefore we are all connected. We are simply energy in a particular pattern or sequence... which makes us ‘unique’ for as long as we are alive. As the energy is recycled within the universe the next sequence or pattern will be unique to that person.

I’m pretty sure due to the total amount of energy in the universe and it ever changing there is an infinite amount of sequences so every person will always have a unique energy signature while they are alive.

I could be talking utter nonsense though. That’s the best but, we don’t have the answers - yet!

"When I was younger and went to the chapel of rest to see my grandfather after his death, I instantly felt there was no reason for me to stay in the room. His body was there but his consciousness was not.

As energy cannot be created or destroyed- it can only be changed. I understand that his energy must have changed or went elsewhere.

Great post absolutely believe this too... you just articulate it way better than I could lol x

If we took a person apart atom by atom, would we find an energy source that makes up their consciousness - that is that unique person?

Therefore, I have concluded that we resonate with an energy that in its make up is unique to us, but us essentially just part of the total energy in the universe. When we die that energy is dissipated back into the universe and recycled.

This leads me to think we are energy connected to all things within our universe and therefore we are all connected. We are simply energy in a particular pattern or sequence... which makes us ‘unique’ for as long as we are alive. As the energy is recycled within the universe the next sequence or pattern will be unique to that person.

I’m pretty sure due to the total amount of energy in the universe and it ever changing there is an infinite amount of sequences so every person will always have a unique energy signature while they are alive.

I could be talking utter nonsense though. That’s the best but, we don’t have the answers - yet! "

"When I was younger and went to the chapel of rest to see my grandfather after his death, I instantly felt there was no reason for me to stay in the room. His body was there but his consciousness was not.

I could be talking utter nonsense though. That’s the best but, we don’t have the answers - yet! "

Eloquently put

"Eloquently put "

Thanks

I guess I just lived up to my name a bit there

I do think about things like this, and think about how we fit into the world. We are each special and unique- yet a speck of inconsequential energy laden dust within a vast universe of infinite energy.

It makes me feel special and in awe but at the same time knowing my time is so very short and precious so I best spend it being kind and loving and doing the things that make me happy.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

There could be some sort of cosmic energy we join after dying but I doubt we'd experience it in the same conscious way as when alive because that relies on our minds interpreting the world via our senses, so for all in tense and purpose we most likely effectively cease to exist at an individual level. In other words it's probably not worth worrying about.

We die and either go up in smoke or become food for the worms...simples...

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

it doesn't matter how, when or why we die, its a fact of life unfortunately that we don't get to decide, but I don't believe we just disappear into oblivion unless you become dark matter.

is there an Afterlife?

I think along the lines of the indigenous (first nations/native Americans) and the ancients (Egypt in particular) way more than the modern religions, the same as many here seem to.

I'll explain why:

Indigenous people believe every thing has a soul, an energy force akin to that being (be that a tree or a polar bear or even a rock) and that everything in the universe is connected, has a purpose and communicates by the vibrations of each others energies. With this when a person diesm they leave a body yes, but their soul lives on in other things, it could be a place out in the universe awaiting another host body (possibly dark matter) or immediately transferred into another host body.

Therefore that soul never dies and its genes live on in it's offspring and its body becomes energy for other living beings (even a cremation, those particles and atoms all become part of something).

(rule of 3)

with the Egyptians for me in particular would be ra (sun/day & creation) and thoth (moon/night, knowledge, wisdom and magic) from these 2, we have everything that we know and helps aid the belief that whilst these 'gods' have common names they are merely representing forces of nature and this was a civilization far more advanced than out own to the point cosmetic surgeons of today are replacing the steel knife with an obsidian one to reduce scarring just as the Egyptians did. (Rome has a lot to answer for for loss of knowledge...then again the Egyptians may have destroyed certain information themselves as one of Thoth's rules was that humans shouldn't be privy to all the ways of nature..I'll leave that there).

Anyway with the Egyptians when you died providing you had lived a good life your soul (which was contained in the heart as they believed) ascended to heaven, up in the sky with Ra and would chase night and day with him for eternity, so again your soul would come pass over earth every day/night.

with science & quantum, its a very interesting subject especially the double slit experiment which shows that although one proton can pass through space & hit a board randomly, be every where and have every possibility universally possible yet collectively they form a wave pattern and the result of where a photon lands can be altered just by perception i.e. us looking at it. Going by that theory you could say we create these things in our mind, yet they can become observable reality to us & others, which would therefore mean that energies can be both felt and seen and you could attract them or be eternally tied to them in quantum entanglement (which could explain the soul mate theory/feelings).

so yes, I believe the soul lives on and as energies can be what they like they could take the appearance of the former host self to provide familiarity and this would usually means you have something more to learn or to do.

Avatar (spot on with universal connections & our purpose (caretakers)) and i-origins (soul connected to eyes) are good films to watch around these subjects.

"Eloquently put

Thanks

I guess I just lived up to my name a bit there

I do think about things like this, and think about how we fit into the world. We are each special and unique- yet a speck of inconsequential energy laden dust within a vast universe of infinite energy.

It makes me feel special and in awe but at the same time knowing my time is so very short and precious so I best spend it being kind and loving and doing the things that make me happy. "

You’re welcome . I agree too, that humans are both special yet at the same time a small cog in the vastness of existence. We are both the most creative yet destructive of species. One could argue that is the very nature of life itself though. If there’s a meaning to life I like to think it’s as you aspire to live it, to always strive to be better. We may be a small thread in the weft and weave of the cosmos but when human beings are being human positively, they are a breathtakingly clever species. Where the consciousness/soul/spirit exists within us, what that is and if continues after physical death is something science is not as close minded about as it used to be and agree with other theories here on how that might be explained.

I agree with Will...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

"I agree with Will...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

"

Well summed up my dear

By *ero666Man  over a year ago

fife

"I agree with Will...

"

Is that Will Smith or Will.i.am

I see a lot of speculating here but no proof.

"I see a lot of speculating here but no proof. "

I think that was what the OP asked for... speculation, thoughts and opinions.

By *ac995Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

You wake up as an alien with a bong in your hand

Your surround by aliens they ask dude how was your trip?

Or

When you die you wake up from a computer game playing this avatar

What feels like year is actually 10 mins in that reality

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Had a number of experiences over the years. Too many to start commenting on here. If your really interested I don’t mind discussing privately . Regards hotmale

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

In my workplace i have seen many unexplainable things appear and happen during the night so now a believer of spirits. Before this i would have laughed at the thought.

By *ndieCPL2016Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

To live is to die, absolute at some point in time.

Only if we prepared to die better, whenever it happens gracefully, like we prepare for the birth, much human existence will be blissful.

Being ready for the destination every time one breathes is a true preparation for the graceful death.

"To live is to die, absolute at some point in time.

Only if we prepared to die better, whenever it happens gracefully, like we prepare for the birth, much human existence will be blissful.

Being ready for the destination every time one breathes is a true preparation for the graceful death.

"

Dark and deep.... an interesting point too...

What if the light we see at the end of the tunnel is just us being pushed out of another vagina

By *ink-KameraMan  over a year ago

Livingston

Firstly, My Condolences to the OP. Secondly I was clinically dead for over 2 minutes after an RTA and the first I knew about it was when I woke up 6 days later. No bright lights or floating sensations. So I firmly believe when we do expire that's the end nothing else. I do believe that the power of the brain can plant very strong suggestions in some people and make them believe other things however.

glasgow

"Firstly, My Condolences to the OP. Secondly I was clinically dead for over 2 minutes after an RTA and the first I knew about it was when I woke up 6 days later. No bright lights or floating sensations. So I firmly believe when we do expire that's the end nothing else. I do believe that the power of the brain can plant very strong suggestions in some people and make them believe other things however."

Ah but if you were meant to stay you wouldn't be privy to this info as Thoth said "its not knowledge for mortals"

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I sometimes wonder if there’s also a before life too . Weird I know .

By *teve196301Man  over a year ago

northumberland

A few years ago I had a second routine nasal operation, all went well and I woke up in the recovery room where a lovely nurse spoke to me and gave me various liquids, after a clear injection the monitor alarms went crazy and all I could remember was a episode of the Simpsons when Homer asked if they were good alarms after I said it I could hear here screaming for crash team then it just went black, I died for several minutes and came around wearing a nappy blots of wires on my chest, no path to the light nothing it just went black then end ex...

By *teve196301Man  over a year ago

northumberland

A few years ago I had a second routine nasal operation, all went well and I woke up in the recovery room where a lovely nurse spoke to me and gave me various liquids, after a clear injection the monitor alarms went crazy and all I could remember was a episode of the Simpsons when Homer asked if they were good alarms after I said it I could hear here screaming for crash team then it just went black, I died for several minutes and came around wearing a nappy lots of wires on my chest, no path to the light nothing it just went black then end ex...

glasgow

"I sometimes wonder if there’s also a before life too . Weird I know . "

Not really, if you believe in an afterlife, it makes sense to believe in a 'prelife' after a soul has to come from somewhere...

Pixar's latest film 'soul' explores this theorem

"I sometimes wonder if there’s also a before life too . Weird I know .

Not really, if you believe in an afterlife, it makes sense to believe in a 'prelife' after a soul has to come from somewhere...

Pixar's latest film 'soul' explores this theorem "

That is a fabulous movie! My previous light comment was half serious whole earnest in the respect of a humorous observation on the cycle of life. Humans will always ponder the meaning of life, there is way more to express than what can be said here but some really profound comments reflecting the complexity of a very deep subject

By *44bertCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

No.

I used to believe in reincarnation but as I got older I realised that it’s unlikely.

I think when we die that is it no heaven no hell just nothing, what is left is the love and hurt of our passing and I think those left behind so want us to be there that their mind uses memories to trick them into thinking we’re there.

I definitely believe in afterlife I have ,first hand experience in this,twice now in my life I have lost loved ones ,once in my 20s and again in my 40s ,I was having a bit of a hard time when my mum passed away for weeks,then one day clear as day I saw her smiling at me asking me to be happy ,as she is so happy were she is now. I felt like all the pressures I was going through just disappeared there and then

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

I definitely hope there is an afterlife , I believe whilst on earth we are being constantly pushed emotionally and tested, sat with my dad a year ago as he took his last breath, he seemed peaceful and pain-free, back with mum, went to a spiritualist soon after after, and she said things she couldn't know about, life is a test and afterlife is the result of your life long test, I think and hope

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"This is one of my favourite subjects.. I’ve watched a lot of NDE videos and read some stuff on it and I truly believe now there is an altered state of consciousness that transcends to a different plane/dimension. There are reported to be around 5% of the world’s population that have had NDE’s so that’s a lot of people! Obviously science can’t explain this yet however it’s very interesting.. "

Fingers crossed I come back as a pair of your knickers

By *ndieCPL2016Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"To live is to die, absolute at some point in time.

Dark and deep.... an interesting point too...

What if the light we see at the end of the tunnel is just us being pushed out of another vagina "

Might mean that one hasn't wronged abnormally so as to take a human life again, and that the next level experience is expedited, appropriated for journey thereafter or getting closer to "mukti" from the cycles.

Knowing my luck I'll come back as me.

By *ick1979xxMan  over a year ago

hornyville

Mine too

By *attooCTMan  over a year ago

Glasgow /Swansea

Afterlife was just made up to make people less fearful of death I don’t belief in it

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

Google old tige

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

If there is an afterlife with all those who have died before surely its overcrowded?

"If there is an afterlife with all those who have died before surely its overcrowded? "

That’s one of my problems with a religious view

coatbridge

"If there is an afterlife with all those who have died before surely its overcrowded?

That’s one of my problems with a religious view "

another one that puts a spanner in the works.... Ain't it amazing how we are all born in the country of the one true god who can supply this glorious afterlife at the expense of our time on this mound

"If there is an afterlife with all those who have died before surely its overcrowded?

That’s one of my problems with a religious view another one that puts a spanner in the works.... Ain't it amazing how we are all born in the country of the one true god who can supply this glorious afterlife at the expense of our time on this mound "

If you go back far enough there’s a lot of speculation on that simultaneous realisation in many cultures. Fascinating and extremely complex subject

coatbridge

That’s one of my problems with a religious view another one that puts a spanner in the works.... Ain't it amazing how we are all born in the country of the one true god who can supply this glorious afterlife at the expense of our time on this mound

If you go back far enough there’s a lot of speculation on that simultaneous realisation in many cultures. Fascinating and extremely complex subject "

the world is full of mysteries and never answered questions check out the in a monuments and where the material comes from that's a serious head scratcher that the boffins even admit would be impossible in our time let alone in what was at best a bronze age

coatbridge

Inca

"Inca "

Yep, the babylonians, Mesopotamians and the Egyptians too. The “Sun” or Son” ties to seasons and pagan worship... faith, time and myth leave us with may mysteries

"If there is an afterlife with all those who have died before surely its overcrowded? "

Imagine that. You lead an exemplary life full of charitable works and good deeds...get to the other side, and can't even get a bloody seat!

"Inca

Yep, the babylonians, Mesopotamians and the Egyptians too. The “Sun” or Son” ties to seasons and pagan worship... faith, time and myth leave us with may mysteries "

By *honabitvTV/TS  over a year ago

edinburgh

The probability of you existing at all comes out to 1 in 102,685,000 — yes, that's a 10 followed by 2,685,000 zeroes! Binazir concludes that the odds of you being alive are basically zero

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Once you’re gone you’re gone

Fuctifano

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

dunno if we’re solving this one on fab