FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Reflection...

Reflection...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anarkshirelass OP   Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

A year to the day since lockdown

and in Scotland alone over 10,000 deaths registered. It's hard to get my head around that astonishing number.

Think about it...10,000 individuals lost their lives and so many other family members suffering the loss. It's so, so sad.

As and when there is a decision to hold some sort of review, then those in power within both the UK, SG, WA, and NIA will have to hold their hand up for their ineptitude on how they have managed this pandemic within their government...

A strong person is someone who actually admits to their failings

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"A year to the day since lockdown

and in Scotland alone over 10,000 deaths registered. It's hard to get my head around that astonishing number.

Think about it...10,000 individuals lost their lives and so many other family members suffering the loss. It's so, so sad.

As and when there is a decision to hold some sort of review, then those in power within both the UK, SG, WA, and NIA will have to hold their hand up for their ineptitude on how they have managed this pandemic within their government...

"

a hell of alot more than 10 000 have lost their lives this Year. And there's far bigger killers than covid.

I find it in quite poor taste to attempt to weaponise something that's going on in the world.

It's a new variant of an old virus we learn as we go. while I don't agree with the actions of most govts. it's a new world that requires new measures I'm no fan of the media hysteria and the political classes turning it to their advantage.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Deaths in Scotland from COVID 2020- 250

Deaths with COVID on certificate- 6834

Total deaths- 64084

ONS

a hell of alot more than 10 000 have lost their lives this Year. And there's far bigger killers than covid.

I find it in quite poor taste to attempt to weaponise something that's going on in the world.

It's a new variant of an old virus we learn as we go. while I don't agree with the actions of most govts. it's a new world that requires new measures I'm no fan of the media hysteria and the political classes turning it to their advantage. "

Agreed dear Kola

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

How about looking at excess death figures compared to yearly averages instead of whether or not covid or not on the certificate.

It's not pleasant viewing and it has been a horrible year.

When the dust settles of course there has to be an enquiry. It's how we learn for the next time. Personally I think our Gov has been a mix of excellent and terrible.

It's sad that many people have lost their lives for many reasons over the last year. Each one a loss felt by many.

It's also very sad that many people won't have been able to say goodbye properly because of the situation.

It's also sad to think about the many people who are struggling for many reasons with it all being made so much worse over the last year.

Sadly though, the cynic in me says give it a year and the PPI adverts will be replaced by "were you impacted by covid 19 or lockdown restrictions " we will all be encouraged to claim for the impact on our lives our mental health, our jobs, our families, delays in medical treatments or undiagnosed conditions and then it being to late, the list could be endless.

"

It's sad that many people have lost their lives for many reasons over the last year. Each one a loss felt by many.

It's also very sad that many people won't have been able to say goodbye properly because of the situation.

It's also sad to think about the many people who are struggling for many reasons with it all being made so much worse over the last year.

Sadly though, the cynic in me says give it a year and the PPI adverts will be replaced by "were you impacted by covid 19 or lockdown restrictions " we will all be encouraged to claim for the impact on our lives our mental health, our jobs, our families, delays in medical treatments or undiagnosed conditions and then it being to late, the list could be endless.

"

That is probably true and also deeply disappinting

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/23/sturgeon-pledge-on-covid-public-inquiry-adds-to-pressure-on-johnson

Nicola pledged an inquiry earlier.

As yet Doris has said now it not the time whilst being threatened with legal action for one.

Apart from the carehomes I can't see how the government got it wrong.

It was something the likes no one has ever saw.so no rulebook was there to follow other than stay indoors.whihh alot of folk didn't.

Not saying by any means it was anyone's fault but really can't blame anyone specific.

"Apart from the carehomes I can't see how the government got it wrong.

It was something the likes no one has ever saw.so no rulebook was there to follow other than stay indoors.whihh alot of folk didn't.

Not saying by any means it was anyone's fault but really can't blame anyone specific."

I agree, hindsight and not being the one actually dealing with it is wonderful for those who have all the answers retrospectively

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

"Apart from the carehomes I can't see how the government got it wrong.

Not saying by any means it was anyone's fault but really can't blame anyone specific.

I agree, hindsight and not being the one actually dealing with it is wonderful for those who have all the answers retrospectively "

I completely agree with this. Also the fact that as adults we have the capacity to see what os going on around the world in the news and what is likely to happen in our own country. Before lockdown was announced, masks weren't compulsory but I took responsibility for my own safety and wore one when out getting shopping and kept sanitiser in the car.

At the end of the day - even when the government locked down, some people were twats and broke the rules. Instead of holding them accountabile and calling them out as such - the government were blamed for not policing properly when they had enough to deal with without childish selfish behaviour!!

By *anarkshirelass OP   Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

I'm not too sure the actual families of loved ones who were moved out of a hospital and into a care home to better prepare the NHS address with incoming Covid patients will agree with your views.

Yes. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but surely someone should have risk-assessed the impact of making or approving such a decision.

If we all go down the road of saying, well no one could have foreseen what was to happen, then in effect whats the point of an inquiry/

Notwithstanding the above, and before anyone says to better prepare for the next pandemic. Well, all the recommendations for a SARS-type pandemic had been thought out in previous years in numerous emergency planning scenarios and all the recommendations had been blatantly ignored. Thats a failing...of the highest order

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I do understand that to a very close point having worked in the local hospital and seeing the preparations/lack of PPE/lack of leadership in general.

And yes I would agree there has most likely been several failings in the governments by how this was handled. But I would also state there has been a huge failure in general public aswell and they have not and will not be charged. Every mow and then you hear abojt someone getting a fine for driving too far for a walk. It's rarelt the ones that are having garden parties every weekend with half a dozen different households present that get wrist slaps.

My point is that if we all took accountability for our own actions a little more then maybe we would have been better off.

coatbridge

"I do understand that to a very close point having worked in the local hospital and seeing the preparations/lack of PPE/lack of leadership in general.

And yes I would agree there has most likely been several failings in the governments by how this was handled. But I would also state there has been a huge failure in general public aswell and they have not and will not be charged. Every mow and then you hear abojt someone getting a fine for driving too far for a walk. It's rarelt the ones that are having garden parties every weekend with half a dozen different households present that get wrist slaps.

My point is that if we all took accountability for our own actions a little more then maybe we would have been better off. "

then who could they blame when the shit hits the fan.

Unfortunately like most of the Western world we seldom take responsibility.

I agree with we need to be responsible for ourselves and stop trying to control everyone around us.

You see someone not wearing a mask instead of attempting to berate and humiliate them... Steer clear of them.

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

"Deaths in Scotland from COVID 2020- 250

Total deaths- 64084

ONS

"

However the way Covid deaths are counted, in my opinion it is considerably less.

coatbridge

Total deaths- 64084

ONS

However the way Covid deaths are counted, in my opinion it is considerably less. "

I agree unfortunately its almost like a get out clause.

harsh but true there are many deaths that are marked as covid related that if the virus wasn't about would still have resulted in the persons deaths.

It all adds to the hysteria

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Total deaths- 64084

ONS

However the way Covid deaths are counted, in my opinion it is considerably less. I agree unfortunately its almost like a get out clause.

harsh but true there are many deaths that are marked as covid related that if the virus wasn't about would still have resulted in the persons deaths.

It all adds to the hysteria"

Jeesis

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Total deaths- 64084

ONS

"

Please state where you obtained your ONS statistic of 250 deaths in Scotland. Im Interested to know?

ONS Website states the below

You asked

?Please can you provide me with the following information:

1)What is the exact number of people who have died solely OF Covid 19 in the UK since March 2020 - not people who have died WITH Covid?

2) What is the exact number of people who have died solely OF Covid 19 in Scotland since March 2020 - not people who have died WITH Covid?

We said

Thank you for your enquiry.

We are responsible for the production of mortality data for England and Wales, this is driven by information collected from the death certificate at death registration. We only hold headline figures for deaths involving COVID-19 for the UK as a whole and Scotland. Therefore, we do not hold data showing deaths from COVID-19 only for the UK and Scottish data requested.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathssolelyfromcovid19intheukandscotland

By *ohnThomas1Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's a new variant of an old virus we learn as we go. while I don't agree with the actions of most govts. it's a new world that requires new measures I'm no fan of the media hysteria and the political classes turning it to their advantage. "

Yes but in this perfect timing, if they now don't head for drastic change such as address climate change and the enormous unjust inequality of wealth, we are all doomed and this is what they should be accounted for, imprisoned for.

» Add a new message to this topic