FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Who's getting your two votes

Who's getting your two votes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

In the election, sorry just being nosey, are you a tactical voter, or straight down down the middle

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

2 votes ?

Tory

We're only allowed to vote once and my vote stays private, as it's meant to be x

"In the election, sorry just being nosey, are you a tactical voter, or straight down down the middle "

You can have both my votes

X

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We're only allowed to vote once and my vote stays private, as it's meant to be x"

Your vote is only private if you want it to be, I don't mind saying who I vote for but it's normally tactical for me

John

"We're only allowed to vote once and my vote stays private, as it's meant to be x

Your vote is only private if you want it to be, I don't mind saying who I vote for but it's normally tactical for me

John "

Yes I have always liked to keep it private and won't discuss who gets my vote, that's just my choice x

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

Tactical for us too.

I dont vote since one group is as bad as the other. Would be snp though if she stopped banging on about indy.

By *uffinMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I still don't understand why anyone would vote Tory... I got my campaign leaflet from them today.. not 1 policy not even a hint just anti indy bullshit.

The labour guy had them totally sussed ' just grow up ' priceless but so right.

Dunno I've got to vote tactically being in a Tory area..

That so many people are feeling the need to vote tactically to keep parties out, rather than feeling able to vote for a decent party that sums up their values and aspirations, just shows how fucked up Scottish politics has become really. I am completely disillusioned right now, I genuine feel there is no party worth giving my vote/votes to. And I think I'm far from the only one feeling this way.

we will be voting tactically - a Unionist party and all4unity.

Sturgeon has to go - too much trouble and corruption.

Edinburgh

And Westminster isn't corrupt and putting us at even more risk putting another 40% of warheads on the west coast of Scotland. Yeah good spend of money there bozo.

Better as a union so Scotland remains the nuclear dumping ground. Get over sturgeon the conservative leader does not deserve his seat. At least labour are sounding like worthy opposition now.

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Im voting for:

Mike Oxsmells & Anita Wacof

My vote would be for people who openly don’t vote to stop complaining about it. Don’t complain about it all and follow it with..... you won’t get me voting. Pointless

"That so many people are feeling the need to vote tactically to keep parties out, rather than feeling able to vote for a decent party that sums up their values and aspirations, just shows how fucked up Scottish politics has become really. I am completely disillusioned right now, I genuine feel there is no party worth giving my vote/votes to. And I think I'm far from the only one feeling this way."

Yes, I prefer liberal democrats but feel it's a wasted vote.

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"And Westminster isn't corrupt and putting us at even more risk putting another 40% of warheads on the west coast of Scotland. Yeah good spend of money there bozo.

Better as a union so Scotland remains the nuclear dumping ground. Get over sturgeon the conservative leader does not deserve his seat. At least labour are sounding like worthy opposition now."

So we go independent, the nuclear sites get moved near to the border? Is that going to stop nuclear waste coming over that invisible border?

John

Edinburgh

Ah that becomes an international controversy then.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I still don't understand why anyone would vote Tory... I got my campaign leaflet from them today.. not 1 policy not even a hint just anti indy bullshit.

Dunno I've got to vote tactically being in a Tory area.."

If we are to vote tactically as I am then we have to hold our noses and do it. I have to vote for a party that is not my first choice either.

Edinburgh

"That so many people are feeling the need to vote tactically to keep parties out, rather than feeling able to vote for a decent party that sums up their values and aspirations, just shows how fucked up Scottish politics has become really. I am completely disillusioned right now, I genuine feel there is no party worth giving my vote/votes to. And I think I'm far from the only one feeling this way.

Yes, I prefer liberal democrats but feel it's a wasted vote. "

I think there are a lot of us liberals left with no voice, but the answer isn't with the Tory party.

Btw fab profile that's some talent and body.

Edinburgh

"I still don't understand why anyone would vote Tory... I got my campaign leaflet from them today.. not 1 policy not even a hint just anti indy bullshit.

Dunno I've got to vote tactically being in a Tory area..

If we are to vote tactically as I am then we have to hold our noses and do it. I have to vote for a party that is not my first choice either."

Yip as a liberal with no chance in the borders... The leader debate clearly shows every party apart from conservative has worked together for the benefit of the people of Scotland. They are all to be commended. But the conservative party are nothing but negative and unwilling to work with others to make Scotland great. Especially negative conservatives at this point after the pandemic.

"My vote would be for people who openly don’t vote to stop complaining about it. Don’t complain about it all and follow it with..... you won’t get me voting. Pointless"

I'm with you on this one, if you don't use your vote you can't complain.

"And Westminster isn't corrupt and putting us at even more risk putting another 40% of warheads on the west coast of Scotland. Yeah good spend of money there bozo.

Better as a union so Scotland remains the nuclear dumping ground. Get over sturgeon the conservative leader does not deserve his seat. At least labour are sounding like worthy opposition now.

So we go independent, the nuclear sites get moved near to the border? Is that going to stop nuclear waste coming over that invisible border?

John "

What are the other options in the UK for sub bases? Cheers.

By *ishaw cucksCouple  over a year ago

wishaw

Snp1 snp2 snp3 if I could but can't. Same people on here same comments trying to get attention that's why I'd even vote snp4 if I could l love you all xx

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I will await the compulsory how dare you even talk about politics then comments.

I won't vote as none imo deserve my vote I have no faith in any party to even attempt what they say they will do. (apart from the snp who will dodge all other commitments while perusing independence blindly)

I only vote on referendums that actually end up with a result that can be witnessed (in saying that the snp are ignoring the last result)

coatbridge

"My vote would be for people who openly don’t vote to stop complaining about it. Don’t complain about it all and follow it with..... you won’t get me voting. Pointless

I'm with you on this one, if you don't use your vote you can't complain."

yes you can a no vote is a vote its a vot of no confidence in any

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Tory "

Snap.

Lord Buckethead the 3rd

I did a table with all the main parties I listed all the policies as outlined in the election blurb, I then scored for each policy against all the parties out of 11 polices SNP got 4/11 labour:greens:cons:lib all got 5/11.. Not one party had anything that made me go yeah I will vote for them. I cannot vote for any party its all just empty promises and polices that say nothing that will improve education we used to have one of the best education systems in the world it's not any more. Improve health service well that's crap Glasgow hospital prime example. Our roads are horrendous. Our paveme ts are awful. There is more litter I have ever seen lying around. No money for local services no flower baskets, no street cleaning roads constantly flooding because they don't clear the drains as regularly as they used. Bus and train travel at the highest prices ever.

It's a bloody mess and all anyone cares about is Indépendance or no indépendance it's a shambles so who do you vote for no one maybe that would make them all stand up and notice if we all just boycotted the voting

Glasgow

"Lord Buckethead the 3rd "

Buckethead is no more

Count Binface is now the man

coatbridge

"I did a table with all the main parties I listed all the policies as outlined in the election blurb, I then scored for each policy against all the parties out of 11 polices SNP got 4/11 labour:greens:cons:lib all got 5/11.. Not one party had anything that made me go yeah I will vote for them. I cannot vote for any party its all just empty promises and polices that say nothing that will improve education we used to have one of the best education systems in the world it's not any more. Improve health service well that's crap Glasgow hospital prime example. Our roads are horrendous. Our paveme ts are awful. There is more litter I have ever seen lying around. No money for local services no flower baskets, no street cleaning roads constantly flooding because they don't clear the drains as regularly as they used. Bus and train travel at the highest prices ever.

It's a bloody mess and all anyone cares about is Indépendance or no indépendance it's a shambles so who do you vote for no one maybe that would make them all stand up and notice if we all just boycotted the voting "

good to see I'm not alone in abstention with a purpose

Glasgow

Problem is that if people don't vote then you can't complain if you get a government that you don't like or can't do the job.

The independence issue is not going to go away but people are being asked to vote on something where there is no plan for it should it go ahead.

My local SNP councillor is all over social media with a vote for the SNP is a vote for Indyref2. That is their one and only policy.

Personally I would rather get the roads fixed, the kids properly educated and, who knows, maybe even 2 ferries to be seaworthy.

"Problem is that if people don't vote then you can't complain if you get a government that you don't like or can't do the job.

The independence issue is not going to go away but people are being asked to vote on something where there is no plan for it should it go ahead.

My local SNP councillor is all over social media with a vote for the SNP is a vote for Indyref2. That is their one and only policy.

Personally I would rather get the roads fixed, the kids properly educated and, who knows, maybe even 2 ferries to be seaworthy."

If we do t vote that speaks volumes anyways I am not complain mearley stating facts and if you read my thread you would see why there is no one to vote for.. Simple..

I'd rather vote no one than vote Tory.

I'd rather have no friends than a Tory friend either.

Just saying.

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

SNP for constituency, Alba for regional

Edinburgh

Blackwidow69 I'm gobdmacked you even found the second conservative policy...was it actually not a dream...

Ah I think I just found it.. Douglas Ross is gonna make sure he gets a nice blue suit just like wee ruthie and get a similar haircut in her honour. Why..cos he's a complete Muppet! He feart o an indy ref cos he'd have Tae work for a change rather than swanning off Tae the fitbaw.

"Blackwidow69 I'm gobdmacked you even found the second conservative policy...was it actually not a dream...

Ah I think I just found it.. Douglas Ross is gonna make sure he gets a nice blue suit just like wee ruthie and get a similar haircut in her honour. Why..cos he's a complete Muppet! He feart o an indy ref cos he'd have Tae work for a change rather than swanning off Tae the fitbaw.

"

Hell would freeze over before I ever votes for tory and the new leader looks like a wee boy whom Ruth has plucked out of a private school and gave him a lollipop and said "here son you try as I'm aff to be a baroness and kiss ass down south"..

Edinburgh

Lol black widow..

coatbridge

Problem is that if people don't vote then you can't complain if you get a government that you don't like or can't do the job.

That's exactly the reason you can complain. there was nobody capable of doing the job.

the independence issue should have been resolved by the referendum that has already taken place though certain parties want to ignore democracy and keep banging them out until they get their way.

Yet another reason here for abstention.

Personally I would rather get the roads fixed, the kids properly educated and, who knows, maybe even 2 ferries to be seaworthy.

Find a party claiming to fulfil these then abstain as you have no faith in them following through.

I'm with you on this can't believe anyone would vote Tory, unless you're a millionaire or have a hefty wedge in the bank, I'd vote anyone else

By *e libertineMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

"I dont vote since one group is as bad as the other. Would be snp though if she stopped banging on about indy.

"

So vote against her to stop her banging on about it

Huddersfield

Dunno I've got to vote tactically being in a Tory area.."

Its not Bullshit if your not for independence .

SNP won onlu 35% of a 68% voters turn out last time round hardly a mandate is it

Huddersfield

Over a decade of SNP our income tax has risen and nothings got any better .

I think its time for a fresh start .

SNP only won 35% of a 68% voters turn out last time round its hardly a mandate for their cause..

A long list of sleaze and failures too.

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I so wish we could keep the politics to the politics forum. It is so divisive as are the SNP. So for me it is anyone but them, there simplistic policies fail us all ,It has all gone a bit wrong for her recently i think she is losing her antenna , she is not as sure footed and is now being back stabbed by her own party. Anyway who cares about indy 2 when our education/transport/economy are all failing under her watch.

Penicuik

"Over a decade of SNP our income tax has risen and nothings got any better .

SNP only won 35% of a 68% voters turn out last time round its hardly a mandate for their cause..

A long list of sleaze and failures too."

The SNP won 46.5% in 2016 Scottish election.

Tories won 45% share of the vote in the general election 67.3% of registered voters.

Scotland hasn’t voted tory since the 50’s yet thats the shit show who governs us.

Only the SNP stands up for Scotland.

Glasgow

Unfortunately the idea that the SNP is good for Scotland is simply untrue. It has been failure upon failure..They love a photo op with baby boxes etc...But they have thrown millions on so many vanity projects. The white elephants that are those two rusting hulls in port Glasgow are so symbolic of the lack of expertise they bring to most projects.

The basics of our lives are a shambolic mess....Poor job prospects, housing, drug deaths,economic failings,....So stop spouting this absurd claim that only the SNP stand up for Scotland. Have we ever been so divided and lacking in civic pride?

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

No party comes close enough to what I believe in to feel comfortable voting for them. If we had a British liberal party maybe but the fact that they call themselves Scottish liberal puts me off.

Penicuik

"Unfortunately the idea that the SNP is good for Scotland is simply untrue. It has been failure upon failure..They love a photo op with baby boxes etc...But they have thrown millions on so many vanity projects. The white elephants that are those two rusting hulls in port Glasgow are so symbolic of the lack of expertise they bring to most projects.

The basics of our lives are a shambolic mess....Poor job prospects, housing, drug deaths,economic failings,....So stop spouting this absurd claim that only the SNP stand up for Scotland. Have we ever been so divided and lacking in civic pride?"

You’re opinion doesn't matter it’s not going to feed hungry mouths.

The electorate will decide, everything else is conjecture.

Glasgow

That level of arrogance is truly astounding, you may be right that my opinion does not feed hungry mouths. But then again neither does this SNP govt. The only thing you care about is winning the election it seems, it does not matter who suffers or how many jobs are lost as long as you get to puff your chest out and wave a flag ?.......Your not a patriot at all, your an SNP fanboy

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Unfortunately the idea that the SNP is good for Scotland is simply untrue. It has been failure upon failure..They love a photo op with baby boxes etc...But they have thrown millions on so many vanity projects. The white elephants that are those two rusting hulls in port Glasgow are so symbolic of the lack of expertise they bring to most projects.

The basics of our lives are a shambolic mess....Poor job prospects, housing, drug deaths,economic failings,....So stop spouting this absurd claim that only the SNP stand up for Scotland. Have we ever been so divided and lacking in civic pride?

The electorate will decide, everything else is conjecture. "

Everyone’s opinion matters if they mark it on a ballot paper .

Those that don’t vote still have an opinion too it’s unfortunate there’s no consequences when not voting .

Penicuik

"That level of arrogance is truly astounding, you may be right that my opinion does not feed hungry mouths. But then again neither does this SNP govt. The only thing you care about is winning the election it seems, it does not matter who suffers or how many jobs are lost as long as you get to puff your chest out and wave a flag ?.......Your not a patriot at all, your an SNP fanboy "

The SNP is feeding mouths, Labour and tories voted to starve kids.

I coined the phrase fanboy on here, glad it’s stuck and being used freely

It’s seems being a British patriot is ok for the yoons but Scottish patriot is bad.

Really are a different breed entirely.

Penicuik

Those that don’t vote still have an opinion too it’s unfortunate there’s no consequences when not voting . "

That’s why I said electorate. Folks can chat shit all they want on here it matter not.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

My income tax has reduced. For the 1p less on the lower rate outweighs the 1p more on the middle rate so an overall reduction.

Only those on 40% tax band should notice a major increase in tax paid on earnings.

Penicuik

My income tax has reduced. For the 1p less on the lower rate outweighs the 1p more on the middle rate so an overall reduction.

Only those on 40% tax band should notice a major increase in tax paid on earnings. "

Those on the 40% will have hedge funds

Only those on 40% tax band should notice a major increase in tax paid on earnings.

Those on the 40% will have hedge funds "

Hedge funds? Is that a special bank account for buying bushes?

I have an honest question to ask, is anyone happy with any of the political parties in the UK? You don't need to declare which party that's none of my business.

Cheers

Those on the 40% will have hedge funds "

You do realise that 41% tax starts at 43k a year hardly hedge fund money

Penicuik

You do realise that 41% tax starts at 43k a year hardly hedge fund money "

Yeah I’m well aware given I’m top bracket

By *un guy 2020Man  over a year ago

near you

Everything you have mentioned is a shambles so don’t vote snp as they have been in power for 14 years and the country has went down hill ever since all politicians out for themselves they don’t care about us common people

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

Some total bollocks on this thread, “SNP’s only policy is Indy” bollocks!

Free school meals, free uni tuition fees, free prescriptions, electrical device for every kid, social care service, fast track cancer facility in every health NHS area and that’s only a few

The only party to stick up for Scotland is the SNP, any other party gets there hands on Scotland then we are doomed, only reason the unionist parties don’t want to let Scotland go is because it would be found out just how much they have been bleeding Scotland dry for years now.....

Both votes SNP

By *ent57Man  over a year ago

... where the streets have no name!

"Everything you have mentioned is a shambles so don’t vote snp as they have been in power for 14 years and the country has went down hill ever since all politicians out for themselves they don’t care about us common people "

stop being A 'common people' then and stand for election yourself! … it's called democracy!

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Bodger and Badger.

Mashed potato for the win!

By *he feckersCouple  over a year ago

rosyth

Agreed

coatbridge

Those that don’t vote still have an opinion too it’s unfortunate there’s no consequences when not voting . "

what would you have the consequences be? lock us up!....Force us to vote!.... Place us in the stocks for the good little sheeples to ridicule?

Your wanting to force folk to vote for a group of people who they have zero faith in that's almost as mad as the means of securing tied seats (which is toss a coin or draw straws for who gets it)

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

wow, Great to see we really care about our country

E.K . Glasgow

Those that don’t vote still have an opinion too it’s unfortunate there’s no consequences when not voting . what would you have the consequences be? lock us up!....Force us to vote!.... Place us in the stocks for the good little sheeples to ridicule?

Your wanting to force folk to vote for a group of people who they have zero faith in that's almost as mad as the means of securing tied seats (which is toss a coin or draw straws for who gets it) "

I actually think if a candidate doesn’t get over 50% of the total of those who can vote then they shouldn’t get that position .

Maybe candidates would get better at doing what they promise when they get elected .

There will always be some that don’t vote I’ve no problem with it actually .

The way things are going downhill at the moment I see an increase in despondency .

Is there a better way to run things ? Surely there is unfortunately I doubt I’ll be around to see it happen .

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

One thing most people don't realise is that the majority of the extra money we are taxed is used to cover the shortall caused by the SNP requesting that income tax is devloved. We are paying hundreds of millions for no good reason at all.

Hedge funds? Is that a special bank account for buying bushes?

I have an honest question to ask, is anyone happy with any of the political parties in the UK? You don't need to declare which party that's none of my business.

Cheers"

As has been said by a few, there’s not a party or probably a politician I would scrape off my shoe. If any of them go into politics with the notion of helping people it seems to be drained from them almost immediately.

Every one of them (regardless of party) seems more interested in name calling, party and personal power, greed and ego. If they put a fraction of effort into improving the lives of the people they claim to represent and maybe even work together to do so instead of squabbling and bickering over how each other hasn’t done things maybe there would actually be some positive change.

I worry for my children and my grandchildren in this world, I hope they make it a better one.

One thing most people don't realise is that the majority of the extra money we are taxed is used to cover the shortall caused by the SNP requesting that income tax is devloved. We are paying hundreds of millions for no good reason at all. "

Can you expand on this, I don't really understand. Thanks.

By *aciWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm sorry to say for the first time in my life I'm going to vote conservite both votes. For give me da

coatbridge

I actually think if a candidate doesn’t get over 50% of the total of those who can vote then they shouldn’t get that position .

Maybe candidates would get better at doing what they promise when they get elected.

But those figures are the norm so as i said previous. if that was the case straws would be drawn for who gets the seat!

There will always be some that don’t vote I’ve no problem with it actually .

To call for consequences on people who don't vote kinda points to you do have a problem with those who don't vote.

The way things are going downhill at the moment I see an increase in despondency .

Is there a better way to run things ? Surely there is unfortunately I doubt I’ll be around to see it happen.

Of course there's a better way the problem is as its the govt they would never allow it!

Of the top of my head here's a simple one the govt claims minimum wage is correct so that's a ministers pay. Then they get "performance" based add ons at the end of each fiscal year

By *ornyone30Man  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

"we will be voting tactically - a Unionist party and all4unity.

Sturgeon has to go - too much trouble and corruption. "

Do you follow what happens in Westminster? Talk about trouble and corruption...and law breaking

By *elboy321Man  over a year ago

Paisley

SNP 1 & 2, kick the vile tories out of Scotland once and for good.

Penicuik

"SNP 1 & 2, kick the vile tories out of Scotland once and for good."

Sadly that won’t happen due to the proportional representation system. We’ll still have the likes of Annie wells getting a unelected seat with circa 2000+ votes.

I'll vote snp . But I'll vote no to independence

By *enie90Woman  over a year ago

a bottle

I am still researching about who to vote for - not sure yet which way to go! Will be the first time for me in Scotland .

By *undayTarkaMan  over a year ago

Barnstaple, Torquay, M24

Apparently I'm racist so I'm voting Tory

By *ing_of_the_swingers400Man  over a year ago

edinbugh

"I am still researching about who to vote for - not sure yet which way to go! Will be the first time for me in Scotland ."

Who would you have voted for before?

By *iboy69Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Snp 1&2 for us and family

"In the election, sorry just being nosey, are you a tactical voter, or straight down down the middle "

Oh jeez ...

By *enie90Woman  over a year ago

a bottle

Not sure I’m supposed to say- civil servant and all that ! But don’t really know who I would have voted for!

By *un guy 2020Man  over a year ago

near you

Tory for me not in favour of independence stronger together in uk my opinion

By *riggsy8019Man  over a year ago

Airdrie

Labour (against my integrity due to being a strong hold ) for local. and Unionist/cons for my list vote.

Airdrie

"I'll vote snp . But I'll vote no to independence "

Really dont get your theory behind the vote and that of indy- the SNP are the biggest divisive influence on families in recent times.

By *unsexual MemelordWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

I vote the site be more stringent about politics posts staying in the politics forum, spares the headache for those who choose not to _iew that section.

Airdrie

"I vote the site be more stringent about politics posts staying in the politics forum, spares the headache for those who choose not to _iew that section.

"

Have to say you dont need to comment or read the thread as the tirle is clear regardless

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

SNP both votes for us

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

"That so many people are feeling the need to vote tactically to keep parties out, rather than feeling able to vote for a decent party that sums up their values and aspirations, just shows how fucked up Scottish politics has become really. I am completely disillusioned right now, I genuine feel there is no party worth giving my vote/votes to. And I think I'm far from the only one feeling this way.

I think there are a lot of us liberals left with no voice, but the answer isn't with the Tory party.

"

I feel like liberals aren't likely to get a look in unless they get some solid ecologist policies in place

By *lascumMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Labour (against my integrity due to being a strong hold ) for local. and Unionist/cons for my list vote."

I’m the same as you... only way to get rid of the incumbent

By *lascumMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Everything you have mentioned is a shambles so don’t vote snp as they have been in power for 14 years and the country has went down hill ever since all politicians out for themselves they don’t care about us common people "

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

John "

where they are located now, ensures if a disaster hapoened almost all of scotland woukd eb wiped out, right up the the oil fields, funnily enough.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Conservative (despite me thinking Boris is a knob )

E.K . Glasgow

"Conservative (despite me thinking Boris is a knob )"

You do mention your bisexual therefore have some interest in “ knobs “

Kelso

"That so many people are feeling the need to vote tactically to keep parties out, rather than feeling able to vote for a decent party that sums up their values and aspirations, just shows how fucked up Scottish politics has become really. I am completely disillusioned right now, I genuine feel there is no party worth giving my vote/votes to. And I think I'm far from the only one feeling this way."

Totally agree. A very sad state of affairs.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Conservative (despite me thinking Boris is a knob )

You do mention your bisexual therefore have some interest in “ knobs “ "

You make a very valid point, I have introduced myself orally to a few...

I feel like liberals aren't likely to get a look in unless they get some solid ecologist policies in place"

I think lib dem have got good polices, the same hard polices as Tory but with a soft approach on some things like SNP/labour. We always go from one extreme to the other. I like lib Dems balanced approach. Sadly I think SNP have run Scotland down and it's time for the hard fix.

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

Defo SNP on first and most likely the 2nd.

One thing for sure though, it won't be the creep Salmond or the Tories

Kelso

I feel like liberals aren't likely to get a look in unless they get some solid ecologist policies in place

I think lib dem have got good polices, the same hard polices as Tory but with a soft approach on some things like SNP/labour. We always go from one extreme to the other. I like lib Dems balanced approach. Sadly I think SNP have run Scotland down and it's time for the hard fix. "

Definitely with you on that.

By *aggis100Man  over a year ago

hawick

The great myth SNP the party making Scotland worse in ten years no idea how to run a country properly ,them and their supporters do Scotland a great disservice believe in their own lies blame every body but themselves slag nuclear weapons but happy to take all the jobs that come with it ditto covid vaccines thank god were not in Europe or more lives would have been lost if SNP had there way social care schools poverty in a shocking state hospitals shambles new ferries millions over budget and they want indi they make Scotland look stupid thank god their is enough sensible people to stop these clowns getting there way

Penicuik

Roll on the new term and the yoon tears in biblical proportions

Paisley

"Roll on the new term and the yoon tears in biblical proportions "

Here here ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Paisley

I think lib dem have got good polices, the same hard polices as Tory but with a soft approach on some things like SNP/labour. We always go from one extreme to the other. I like lib Dems balanced approach. Sadly I think SNP have run Scotland down and it's time for the hard fix.

Definitely with you on that. "

I smell shite

SNP 1& 2 Fuck Johnson and his Etonian friends, we have absolutely nothing in common with these arseholes

glasgow

One thing most people don't realise is that the majority of the extra money we are taxed is used to cover the shortall caused by the SNP requesting that income tax is devloved. We are paying hundreds of millions for no good reason at all.

Can you expand on this, I don't really understand. Thanks."

We no longer get a share of UK income taxes and instead get Income Tax from Scottish Tax payers only. Because in the past few years the Scottish economy has grown at a slower rate than the rest of the UK this has resulted in a lower tax base and less tax than we would have received if Income Tax hadn't been devolved.

In 2020/21 the tax increases in Scotland raised an additional £456m, but incredibly, £416m of this was used to cover the shortfall in what we would've received if income tax wasn't devolved.

So last year we needlessly paid and additional £416m in tax for no benefit at all.

ABERDEEN

There seems to be a general consensus between people who are for the union that the snp are making an arse of running the country and therefore why would we be better off independent? Surely better together blah blah. But for the 50-60% (depending which poll you believe) of people who want independence its not so the snp can carry on running the country, its so we can elect the government we want and make our own choices here in Scotland. Ive voted snp my whole life, i want independence but once that is gained then my vote is up for grabs to whoever shows the best vision. Don't look at Scotland now and think we can't based on the past, think of what we can achieve in the future.

Look around the world at all the small successful small countries and tell me why that can't be Scotland?

Glasgow

We no longer get a share of UK income taxes and instead get Income Tax from Scottish Tax payers only. Because in the past few years the Scottish economy has grown at a slower rate than the rest of the UK this has resulted in a lower tax base and less tax than we would have received if Income Tax hadn't been devolved.

In 2020/21 the tax increases in Scotland raised an additional £456m, but incredibly, £416m of this was used to cover the shortfall in what we would've received if income tax wasn't devolved.

So last year we needlessly paid and additional £416m in tax for no benefit at all."

Do you have a source for this information ?

glasgow

Fraser of Allander have a good article on it.

https://fraserofallander.org/higher-income-taxes-and-public-spending-in-scotland/

"There seems to be a general consensus between people who are for the union that the snp are making an arse of running the country and therefore why would we be better off independent? Surely better together blah blah. But for the 50-60% (depending which poll you believe) of people who want independence its not so the snp can carry on running the country, its so we can elect the government we want and make our own choices here in Scotland. Ive voted snp my whole life, i want independence but once that is gained then my vote is up for grabs to whoever shows the best vision. Don't look at Scotland now and think we can't based on the past, think of what we can achieve in the future.

Look around the world at all the small successful small countries and tell me why that can't be Scotland? "

1 million percent this!

So last year we needlessly paid and additional £416m in tax for no benefit at all."

Thanks, I will give the Fraser of allander thing a read as well.

By *aturing bullMan  over a year ago

TOOTING

"There seems to be a general consensus between people who are for the union that the snp are making an arse of running the country and therefore why would we be better off independent? Surely better together blah blah. But for the 50-60% (depending which poll you believe) of people who want independence its not so the snp can carry on running the country, its so we can elect the government we want and make our own choices here in Scotland. Ive voted snp my whole life, i want independence but once that is gained then my vote is up for grabs to whoever shows the best vision. Don't look at Scotland now and think we can't based on the past, think of what we can achieve in the future.

Look around the world at all the small successful small countries and tell me why that can't be Scotland?

1 million percent this!"

This is THE statement for independence. Thank you

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

So disappointed no 0ne standing from the Raving Looney Monster Party.

Would be the 0nly ones worth voting for nowadays

"So disappointed no 0ne standing from the Raving Looney Monster Party.

Would be the 0nly ones worth voting for nowadays"

Have you seen the Scottish Family Party? from the leaflet I got through my door today...

We value families as the building blocks of a strong nation

We protect children from vulgar and corrupt sex education

We demand academic rigour and good behaviour in schools

We protect free speech, opposing all hate speech legislation

We respect life, opposing both abortion on demand and assisted suicide

We oppose transgender ideology, especially the confusing of children

Voting for the best of a bad bunch imo.

Brexit has screwed lots of people over thanks to the tories putting it on the table.

We need to be in Europe ????, imo.

Kids getting free university education is a biggie for me.

Would cost 40k otherwise, for that reason I'm SNP 1.

Tactical vote 2 would be greens :D

Labour and tories out of Scotland would be an interesting dynamic ??

If Scotland got Independence, would there be a surge in people relocating here from South of the border

"Voting for the best of a bad bunch imo.

Brexit has screwed lots of people over thanks to the tories putting it on the table.

If Scotland got Independence, would there be a surge in people relocating here from South of the border "

That seems to be the divider, EU or not? SNP have aligned themselves to Europe, some would say cynically so, because Scotland voted to stay in the EU in the Brexit vote. So maybe chasing those votes? The paradox has been, why would you want to leave one union (Uk) to be independent, but join a bigger union (EU).

Slippery salmond has jumped on this as a basis for his "new" independence party.... Oh please. Did anyone really think that Salmond would retire gracefully., Dropped from SNP leadership when they lost the Indy referendum, then went on to lose his seat in parliament (said at the time "you've not seen the last of my bonnets and me") Even after a sleaze-fest unlike any Scottish politics has ever seen??

All I can see is this SNP/alba quest to create a super-majority for independence is manipulating politics in an insidious manner. If one independence supporter gives two votes for independence, that does not mean that two Scottish voters want independence. I trust Westminster will take note of this.

By *an-86Man  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

The best thing for us all is to get rid of Sturgeon and the SNP.

Anyone voting for them is doing it out of blind faith. They have lied to the Scottish public, riddled with corruption and covers up and have failed at absolutely everything they have tried to to. The sooner people realise this the better.

ABERDEEN

"The best thing for us all is to get rid of Sturgeon and the SNP.

Anyone voting for them is doing it out of blind faith. They have lied to the Scottish public, riddled with corruption and covers up and have failed at absolutely everything they have tried to to. The sooner people realise this the better. "

I assume you believe the same of Westminster and the Tories?

Glasgow

Yes of course the Tories should be held to account for any Westminster based debacle and corruption. But it is Scottish elections that are coming up now. The SNP have proved to be masters of propaganda but nothing else. A sleaze ridden cabal who are presiding over a downward spiral of standards . The infighting is tearing them apart and though they will win the election.The gloss has long gone and there record in government is patchy to piss poor.

Penicuik

British Nationalists are gonna get skelped

glasgow

"Voting for the best of a bad bunch imo.

If Scotland got Independence, would there be a surge in people relocating here from South of the border "

Education wouldn't cost 40k. Labour and the Lib Dems brought in the graduate endowment that meant no fees were paid upfront and instead an endowment fee of £2k was paid at the end of a course.

ABERDEEN

"Yes of course the Tories should be held to account for any Westminster based debacle and corruption. But it is Scottish elections that are coming up now. The SNP have proved to be masters of propaganda but nothing else. A sleaze ridden cabal who are presiding over a downward spiral of standards . The infighting is tearing them apart and though they will win the election.The gloss has long gone and there record in government is patchy to piss poor."

Unfortunately whether you like or dislike the snp government until they are granted a second referendum you are stuck with them. Im not saying that's a healthy position for the country to be in but they are the only real vehicle to independence and there are enough voters who want independence to keep returning them to office. Bojo burning his head in the sand hoping this issue goes away is just delaying the inevitable.

For this you need to really understand your history, most if not all successful small countries are of one united people. They may of been separate ethnic make up in the past but they have come together over time. In Scotland's history from the time of the Roman occupation of Britain to now Scotland has only ever been united and independent for about 300 years (during the Stuart kings). We are still a deeply divided country north and south, east coast, west coast and mainlander and islanders, not forgetting the big division religion. If in 5 years we go our own way out with the UK then if another 10 Shetland and Orkney would separate from Scotland as they have little in common with the people of the central belt. There is no glorious Scottish past we have failed as an independent nation in nearly everything we did. We 'in fight' all the time and even when in positions of great strength we manage to blunder and fail (look up the battle of Flodden, perfect example).

So for an independent Scotland expect the following:

Massive brain drain of professionals and movement of businesses out of an unstable independent country.

20 years outside the EU (we will need to get our national finances in order before being allowed to join).

Unemployment at about 50% as Scotland wont have its own currency and be linked to the English pound and wont be able to get international loans at re payable rates.

Austerity worse than anything the "Tories" very put in place to make up huge national dept.

Any one with a pension plan form an employer and has savings will have them taxed heavily to make up the massive black hole in Scotland's finances.

And as the country becomes a failed state the increase in organised crime as they start to use our west coast as a smuggling havens.

As Saint Boniface once said about the conversion of the pagan German tribe to Christianity in the 600's "to convert is to educate" I have seen nothing from the Nationalists to educate me about why I should convert my thinking that an independent Scotland has any benefits.

Finally to the people that will say I am a preacher of doom take some time to read on recent Russian history post 1991, the life and times of Hugo Chavez and Venezuela (1999 to present). As well as the transformation of Rhodesia into Zimbabwe post 1984. Then come back and say it cant happen here.

ABERDEEN

"Look around the world at all the small successful small countries and tell me why that can't be Scotland?

For this you need to really understand your history, most if not all successful small countries are of one united people. They may of been separate ethnic make up in the past but they have come together over time. In Scotland's history from the time of the Roman occupation of Britain to now Scotland has only ever been united and independent for about 300 years (during the Stuart kings). We are still a deeply divided country north and south, east coast, west coast and mainlander and islanders, not forgetting the big division religion. If in 5 years we go our own way out with the UK then if another 10 Shetland and Orkney would separate from Scotland as they have little in common with the people of the central belt. There is no glorious Scottish past we have failed as an independent nation in nearly everything we did. We 'in fight' all the time and even when in positions of great strength we manage to blunder and fail (look up the battle of Flodden, perfect example).

Massive brain drain of professionals and movement of businesses out of an unstable independent country.

20 years outside the EU (we will need to get our national finances in order before being allowed to join).

Unemployment at about 50% as Scotland wont have its own currency and be linked to the English pound and wont be able to get international loans at re payable rates.

Austerity worse than anything the "Tories" very put in place to make up huge national dept.

Any one with a pension plan form an employer and has savings will have them taxed heavily to make up the massive black hole in Scotland's finances.

And as the country becomes a failed state the increase in organised crime as they start to use our west coast as a smuggling havens.

As Saint Boniface once said about the conversion of the pagan German tribe to Christianity in the 600's "to convert is to educate" I have seen nothing from the Nationalists to educate me about why I should convert my thinking that an independent Scotland has any benefits.

Finally to the people that will say I am a preacher of doom take some time to read on recent Russian history post 1991, the life and times of Hugo Chavez and Venezuela (1999 to present). As well as the transformation of Rhodesia into Zimbabwe post 1984. Then come back and say it cant happen here.

"

Amazing to see you have such little faith in the Scottish people. So if Scotland can't be independent because we fight each other all the time, how can we be in union with England? We have little in common with them and have been at war with them either literally or politically for centuries. Double standards there id say.

glasgow

"

Amazing to see you have such little faith in the Scottish people. So if Scotland can't be independent because we fight each other all the time, how can we be in union with England? We have little in common with them and have been at war with them either literally or politically for centuries. Double standards there id say.

"

We have little in common with them? I can only assume you don't travel much.

ABERDEEN

"

We have little in common with them? I can only assume you don't travel much."

Please don't assume anything about me. Previous poster suggested the the north of Scotland had little in common with the South of Scotland, so if that's an acceptable statement then why does Scotland have anymore in common with England?

By *ongue FuckerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I will be honest and state I used to vote Labour because my parents did, then I switched about 7 years ago to SNP. I Liked the way the party spoke, but then I saw how Glasgow City Council changed under SNP. For the last vote I went back to Labour, not because they are brilliant but because the Tories are just for the rich, Lib Dems will sell their souls and the SNP are just bullies. Labour, say what you will, I like how they are presenting but still don't trust their leadership. Best of a shitty bunch but if you don't vote you kind of disrespect the ethos of freedom.

"Look around the world at all the small successful small countries and tell me why that can't be Scotland?

"

Do you know the lottery numbers for this week?

glasgow

"

Please don't assume anything about me. Previous poster suggested the the north of Scotland had little in common with the South of Scotland, so if that's an acceptable statement then why does Scotland have anymore in common with England? "

You were the one who claimed we have little in common with the English. It doesn't matter what anyone else said, we're not in the playground. Those were your own words. Thankfully we don't come accross such a parochial attitude among people we know or meet on our travels down South.

ABERDEEN

"

Please don't assume anything about me. Previous poster suggested the the north of Scotland had little in common with the South of Scotland, so if that's an acceptable statement then why does Scotland have anymore in common with England?

You were the one who claimed we have little in common with the English. It doesn't matter what anyone else said, we're not in the playground. Those were your own words. Thankfully we don't come accross such a parochial attitude among people we know or meet on our travels down South."

By *ariemike11Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Bring back screaming lord Such of raving loony party!

Hehehehe!!!!

SNP first vote unsure on 2nd

Glasgow

"Bring back screaming lord Such of raving loony party!

Hehehehe!!!!"

Bring him back from the dead

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 14:20:09]

Do you know the lottery numbers for this week? "

Sadly I dont

Again to understand where we are you need to understand the past. We share more things with England than not. Much of your genetic make up is shared with that of people south of the border, we share language, beliefs history. Scotland hasn't been at war with England since before 1707. And before you go on about 1745 etc that was just the first old firm game Highlanders against Lowlanders (Catholics versus Protestants) A lot of Scotland's culture also comes from English influences (and Poles in the case of Clan Tartans).

Snp 2 votes for me

By *haz and CatCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

tactical voting for me...snp are finished for me now that i've opened my eyes to them

Glasgow

Can anyone remember a time of such division within the country? Your now reluctant to ever mention any political _iews in public due to the vitriol that can follow. You only need to look at some of the messages on here. to realise this is a deep rooted seethe that has taken over there logical thought. It will not end well no matter the outcome in May.

E.K . Glasgow

"Can anyone remember a time of such division within the country? Your now reluctant to ever mention any political _iews in public due to the vitriol that can follow. You only need to look at some of the messages on here. to realise this is a deep rooted seethe that has taken over there logical thought. It will not end well no matter the outcome in May."

It started splitting up folk before the first referendum it’s just continued to get worse . I’ve a feeling things won’t recover in my lifetime .

"Can anyone remember a time of such division within the country? Your now reluctant to ever mention any political _iews in public due to the vitriol that can follow. You only need to look at some of the messages on here. to realise this is a deep rooted seethe that has taken over there logical thought. It will not end well no matter the outcome in May."

I worry what will happen when Boris refuses a new referendum, because he will. Even if there is a "super-majority" of nationalist MP's, he knows that's just the mats using the voting system to fiddle the numbers. I worry we will end up going down a road like Northern Ireland. Especially with Salmond calling for "peaceful demonstrations" as a tactic. I can't see things staying peaceful for much longer, and I truly hope I'm wrong about that.

ABERDEEN

"Can anyone remember a time of such division within the country? Your now reluctant to ever mention any political _iews in public due to the vitriol that can follow. You only need to look at some of the messages on here. to realise this is a deep rooted seethe that has taken over there logical thought. It will not end well no matter the outcome in May.

I worry what will happen when Boris refuses a new referendum, because he will. Even if there is a "super-majority" of nationalist MP's, he knows that's just the mats using the voting system to fiddle the numbers. I worry we will end up going down a road like Northern Ireland. Especially with Salmond calling for "peaceful demonstrations" as a tactic. I can't see things staying peaceful for much longer, and I truly hope I'm wrong about that. "

The simple answer is to stop denying what around 50% of the population in Scotland keep voting for. This whole thing is not going to go away by sticking a head in the sand. Until that happens we are going to continally returning pro indy parties to parliament and carry on these arguments.

"Can anyone remember a time of such division within the country? Your now reluctant to ever mention any political _iews in public due to the vitriol that can follow. You only need to look at some of the messages on here. to realise this is a deep rooted seethe that has taken over there logical thought. It will not end well no matter the outcome in May.

I worry what will happen when Boris refuses a new referendum, because he will. Even if there is a "super-majority" of nationalist MP's, he knows that's just the mats using the voting system to fiddle the numbers. I worry we will end up going down a road like Northern Ireland. Especially with Salmond calling for "peaceful demonstrations" as a tactic. I can't see things staying peaceful for much longer, and I truly hope I'm wrong about that.

The simple answer is to stop denying what around 50% of the population in Scotland keep voting for. This whole thing is not going to go away by sticking a head in the sand. Until that happens we are going to continally returning pro indy parties to parliament and carry on these arguments. "

And you know the simple argument to that is a referendum was already held. You can't just keep demanding referendums until it goes the way you wanted. The whole exercise divided the country, cost a fortune and unsettled business and the economy. But I realise I am wasting my breath, you don't want to hear it.

Penicuik

The simple answer is to stop denying what around 50% of the population in Scotland keep voting for. This whole thing is not going to go away by sticking a head in the sand. Until that happens we are going to continally returning pro indy parties to parliament and carry on these arguments.

And you know the simple argument to that is a referendum was already held. You can't just keep demanding referendums until it goes the way you wanted. The whole exercise divided the country, cost a fortune and unsettled business and the economy. But I realise I am wasting my breath, you don't want to hear it.

"

Brexit ?

ABERDEEN

"

Simple reply, brexit!! It's impossible to ignore the impact that has had and the fact Scotland never wanted it. Like I said nearly 50% of the electorate vote for a pro indy party therefore just ignoring the question isn't going to make it go away.

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 22:11:42]

"

Simple reply, brexit!! It's impossible to ignore the impact that has had and the fact Scotland never wanted it. Like I said nearly 50% of the electorate vote for a pro indy party therefore just ignoring the question isn't going to make it go away. "

Nationalists are just using Brexit as a vehicle into a referendum, the Alba party don't want to rejoin the EU, their members are blaming the SNP wish to rejoin the EU for their defections. But still the nationalists will use the excuse "we want an independence referendum because Scotland voted to stay in the EU." Never mind the paradox of how independent a country can actually be within the EU, that is splitting even hardcore nationalists. It's all just shameless hustling, like bairns throwing their toys out of the pram until they get what they want. But maybe you're right, bring on a referendum. And this time get the whole "once in a generation" thing set in stone (yes we know it's not "in the Edinburgh Agreement" so you deny it's validity, even though SNP leaders of the time are on record as saying it... You are basically telling us your idols are untrustworthy every time you argue that point). I believe you'll lose again and Scotland will be an even bigger laughing stock and even more divided. And as things stand right now, that's saying something.

ABERDEEN

"

Simple reply, brexit!! It's impossible to ignore the impact that has had and the fact Scotland never wanted it. Like I said nearly 50% of the electorate vote for a pro indy party therefore just ignoring the question isn't going to make it go away.

Nationalists are just using Brexit as a vehicle into a referendum, the Alba party don't want to rejoin the EU, their members are blaming the SNP wish to rejoin the EU for their defections. But still the nationalists will use the excuse "we want an independence referendum because Scotland voted to stay in the EU." Never mind the paradox of how independent a country can actually be within the EU, that is splitting even hardcore nationalists. It's all just shameless hustling, like bairns throwing their toys out of the pram until they get what they want. But maybe you're right, bring on a referendum. And this time get the whole "once in a generation" thing set in stone (yes we know it's not "in the Edinburgh Agreement" so you deny it's validity, even though SNP leaders of the time are on record as saying it... You are basically telling us your idols are untrustworthy every time you argue that point). I believe you'll lose again and Scotland will be an even bigger laughing stock and even more divided. And as things stand right now, that's saying something."

Boris said the last general election was once in a lifetime opportunity so by your theory we won't be having another one of those in a while? As for setting anything in stone so to speak, people are allowed to change their mind on issues, its called democracy. And to compare the UK union with the EU is laughable.

"

Nationalists are just using Brexit as a vehicle into a referendum, the Alba party don't want to rejoin the EU, their members are blaming the SNP wish to rejoin the EU for their defections. But still the nationalists will use the excuse "we want an independence referendum because Scotland voted to stay in the EU." Never mind the paradox of how independent a country can actually be within the EU, that is splitting even hardcore nationalists. It's all just shameless hustling, like bairns throwing their toys out of the pram until they get what they want. But maybe you're right, bring on a referendum. And this time get the whole "once in a generation" thing set in stone (yes we know it's not "in the Edinburgh Agreement" so you deny it's validity, even though SNP leaders of the time are on record as saying it... You are basically telling us your idols are untrustworthy every time you argue that point). I believe you'll lose again and Scotland will be an even bigger laughing stock and even more divided. And as things stand right now, that's saying something.

Boris said the last general election was once in a lifetime opportunity so by your theory we won't be having another one of those in a while? As for setting anything in stone so to speak, people are allowed to change their mind on issues, its called democracy. And to compare the UK union with the EU is laughable. "

"

Boris said the last general election was once in a lifetime opportunity so by your theory we won't be having another one of those in a while? As for setting anything in stone so to speak, people are allowed to change their mind on issues, its called democracy. And to compare the UK union with the EU is laughable. "

I for one voted for indépendance last time round, I voted for brexit, I won't be voting for indépendance again, I do not see the point in being govereed by Europe, is going to be any better that Westminster.

ABERDEEN

"

Boris said the last general election was once in a lifetime opportunity so by your theory we won't be having another one of those in a while? As for setting anything in stone so to speak, people are allowed to change their mind on issues, its called democracy. And to compare the UK union with the EU is laughable.

I for one voted for indépendance last time round, I voted for brexit, I won't be voting for indépendance again, I do not see the point in being govereed by Europe, is going to be any better that Westminster. "

And that's fine. It's your democratic right to vote for who/What you want. My point in all this is with nearly 50% of the population voting for a party based on their stance on independence its surely undemocratic to just say no you're not allowed to especially from the leader of a party that's not been elected in Scotland for over 60 years

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

A very long thread. But clearly a nation that does not believe in its ability to govern itself.

Some believe this because of personal _iews that have economic or social values to them. Some believe this because they have been manipulated by media stories or political persuasions.

Regardless of how you found your position I would ask the following question.

Is it better to rent your country from a distant landlord or is it better to have a mortgage from a lender to eventually own your country.

Or why do we believe that English people are better at making decisions for us?

Glasgow

Your _iew of the English as some sort of landlord is warped. Only the independence movement peddle this line as a way of playing the perpetual victims. It is a sign you lack confidence in your beliefs

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

How else would you see all taxation and the wealth of the nation being handed to another nation as being anything other than renting your country back.

It’s strange to see it in any other way.

We are colonised, therefore we have no self control. Brexit was about taking back control and not being controlled by an external or foreign body.

Does this ring any bells?

I have a question.

Just let's say we do have another referendum and the yes vote wins 54%

If you are a no voter how would you react? Would you consider moving to England?

E.K . Glasgow

"I have a question.

If you are a no voter how would you react? Would you consider moving to England?"

Claim for best of three just need to wait another seven years .

"I have a question.

If you are a no voter how would you react? Would you consider moving to England?

Claim for best of three just need to wait another seven years . "

By *appyswinger999Man  over a year ago

elgin

You have my vote

Glasgow

Tories won 45% share of the vote in the general election 67.3% of registered voters.

Scotland hasn’t voted tory since the 50’s yet thats the shit show who governs us.

"

I don't know how to make the voting system any fairer except by full proportional representation. At the GE 2019 SNP got 45% of the vote and 82% of the Westminster seats.

Today's SNP manifesto is just another round of freebies, free laptops, free council tax, free music lessons, free dentistry and now a 4 day working week. The list goes on without any detail of who is going to pay for it all.

Penicuik

I don't know how to make the voting system any fairer except by full proportional representation. At the GE 2019 SNP got 45% of the vote and 82% of the Westminster seats.

Today's SNP manifesto is just another round of freebies, free laptops, free council tax, free music lessons, free dentistry and now a 4 day working week. The list goes on without any detail of who is going to pay for it all. "

The yoon parties can promise the earth, they Will never be in government.

Yoon politicians aren't preparing their hard-core support for Indy. This is irresponsible. The emotion supporters will feel when the Union ceases to be will be similar to someone finding out the man they called 'dad' isn't their dad at all. Some won't be able to accept it.

Glasgow

Another blast of stupidity by the resident nasti party member ...still not come to terms with the referendum in 2014 his dream did not come to pass. Now all these years later he shouts at passing yoons like the local d*unk that you cross the road to avoid. What a sad existence he must lead when deep down he knows he is a lemming wanting us all to follow him over the independance cliff

Penicuik

Staunchometer overload

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Staunchometer overload "

The decision will be based on what's actually happened in this country over the last few years and at the moment... .

Education under SNP----Big failure,nay, shambolic (but we'll sort it)

Drug Deaths under SNP - major, nay catastrophic failure (but we'll sort it)

Hospital building programs (Edinburgh and Glasgow) under SNP----Major failures. (we're sorting it)

Addressing Covid- Failure ( NS own comments) and that's after being effectively 2 weeks behind England and Wales (we'll address it)

Managing the SG and top civil service - TOTAL failure ( will never sort it)

And can anyone please tell me where the SNP's money tree is located?...

Seems everything and anything in their manifesto will be provided for us all.

It goes against the grain to vote for a party whose followers and members continually berate, castigate and vociferously challenge

everything, anyone, and anything that's associated with the word English.

Im sure theres a word for that type of political party

Penicuik

Here are some of our top achievements:

1. Baby Box – Giving every baby born in Scotland the best start in life by providing families with a Baby Box, filled with essential items needed in the first six months of a child’s life.

2. Childcare – 600 hours of early learning and childcare, saving families up to £2,500 per child per year. In August 2020, over 60% of funded children were accessing 1,140 hours, worth around £4,500 per child per year.

3. Free Tuition – Students in England face tuition fees up to £27,750 – Scottish students receive university tuition free.

4. Period Poverty – Scotland is the first in the world to make sanitary products available to all those who need them, free of charge.

5. Record high health funding – Our latest health and care portfolio spending will exceed £16 billion, with resource funding up by over 60% under the SNP.

6. Free prescriptions – Prescription charges abolished in Scotland – now £9.15 per item south of the border.

7. Cheaper Council Tax – Every Scottish household benefits from cheaper tax bills – on average £500 less than England, and we’re delivering a national council tax freeze.

8. Care For All – Free personal and nursing care extended to everyone who needs it, regardless of age.

9. Free Bus Travel – Over one million Scots now enjoy free bus travel across the country, including under-19s, over-60s and disabled people – and we’re now expanding it further to all under-22s.

10. Scottish Child Payment – New benefit for families, the only one of its kind in the UK, has been called “game-changing” by anti-poverty campaigners, and will help lift around 30,000 children out of poverty.

A HEALTHIER SCOTLAND

19,500 more staff in Scotland’s NHS, that’s over 15 per cent more under the SNP.

Record high health funding – 2021/22 health portfolio spending will exceed £16 billion, with resource funding up over £6.4 billion (70.9%) under the SNP [since 2006/07].

Scotland’s core A&E services are the best performing in the UK.

For over five years, Scotland has had the highest number of GPs per head of population anywhere in the UK.

We’ve expanded IVF to more families – making access in Scotland the fairest and most generous in the UK.

Scotland is leading the world on alcohol pricing, being the first country to implement minimum unit pricing.

We’ve protected free tuition for nursing and midwifery students – and their bursary rose to £10,000 in 2020.

Parking charges at all NHS-run hospitals scrapped – saving patients and staff over £42 million.

A SMARTER SCOTLAND

Scotland provides the best package of support for university students anywhere in the UK – with free tuition; low interest rates for student loan repayments; and a minimum income guarantee of £7,750 for the poorest students.

Since 2015/16, we have invested over £576 million in tackling the poverty related attainment gap. In 2020/21, we are investing a further £182 million – which includes over £120 million of Pupil Equity Funding going direct to 97% of head teachers in Scotland.

All 167,838 pupils in primaries 1 to 3 now benefit from access to free school meals, allowing families to save around £400 per child per year.

We have provided extra resources to local councils – allowing spending on education to increase in real terms for the past three years – up by £189 million in 2018/19.

958 schools upgraded under the SNP (since 2007) during the last 13 years, providing well-designed, accessible and inclusive learning environments for pupils.

A record 260,490 students enrolled at our world-class Scottish universities in 2019/20.

Latest HESA statistics show we have met the key target to have 16% of students from the most deprived areas of Scotland by 2021 at universities.

The First Minister’s Reading Challenge is encouraging children and young people to read for pleasure. In 2019/20, 971 schools and groups across Scotland registered for the Challenge.

We’ve introduced a national minimum school clothing grant of £100 to help more families afford school uniform costs.

Since 2012, we have invested over £1 billion per year in Scotland’s universities.

We’re providing our further education students with record levels of support. £138 million in 2020/21 – up 58% in real terms since 2006/07.

We’re leading the way as the only nation in the UK to offer bursary support targeted specifically for care-experienced students.

A WEALTHIER SCOTLAND

We have delivered a new progressive income tax system, ensuring 54% of Scottish taxpayers will pay less than elsewhere in the UK in 2021-22 – while strengthening our public services with extra investment, and protecting those on lower incomes.

To help protect jobs and businesses through the recession, we’ve slashed or abolished business rates for over 117,000 premises – saving small businesses around £2 billion to date.

Scotland is an exporting powerhouse, and our international exports are up 63 per cent under the SNP – valued at £33.8 billion in 2018.

In 2015, we became the first government in the UK to become an accredited real Living Wage employer. We have maintained funding of £380,000 to Living Wage Scotland for 2020-21 to continue to promote the payment of the real Living Wage in businesses across the country.

In 2019, we published the Fair Work Action Plan to drive forward fair work becoming the norm in workplaces across Scotland.

Scotland is the top destination in the UK, outside of London, for foreign direct investment.

We met our target to reduce youth unemployment by 40% in 2017 – four years early.

Business research and development spend in Scotland increased by 6.4% in 2018 to reach a record £1.36 billion, compared to a UK increase of 3.9%.

By the end of 2021, we will have allocated over £1 billion since 2009 through our energy efficiency programmes to make homes warmer and cheaper to heat.

Scotland’s productivity is outperforming the UK as a whole. Since 2007, productivity in Scotland has grown 10.3%, compared to growth of 2.9% in the UK.

We have established the Scottish National Investment Bank to invest in future generations and cutting-edge innovation for the common good.

Source snp

Kelso

"Here are some of our top achievements:

1. Baby Box – Giving every baby born in Scotland the best start in life by providing families with a Baby Box, filled with essential items needed in the first six months of a child’s life.

2. Childcare – 600 hours of early learning and childcare, saving families up to £2,500 per child per year. In August 2020, over 60% of funded children were accessing 1,140 hours, worth around £4,500 per child per year.

3. Free Tuition – Students in England face tuition fees up to £27,750 – Scottish students receive university tuition free.

4. Period Poverty – Scotland is the first in the world to make sanitary products available to all those who need them, free of charge.

5. Record high health funding – Our latest health and care portfolio spending will exceed £16 billion, with resource funding up by over 60% under the SNP.

6. Free prescriptions – Prescription charges abolished in Scotland – now £9.15 per item south of the border.

7. Cheaper Council Tax – Every Scottish household benefits from cheaper tax bills – on average £500 less than England, and we’re delivering a national council tax freeze.

8. Care For All – Free personal and nursing care extended to everyone who needs it, regardless of age.

9. Free Bus Travel – Over one million Scots now enjoy free bus travel across the country, including under-19s, over-60s and disabled people – and we’re now expanding it further to all under-22s.

10. Scottish Child Payment – New benefit for families, the only one of its kind in the UK, has been called “game-changing” by anti-poverty campaigners, and will help lift around 30,000 children out of poverty.

A HEALTHIER SCOTLAND

19,500 more staff in Scotland’s NHS, that’s over 15 per cent more under the SNP.

Record high health funding – 2021/22 health portfolio spending will exceed £16 billion, with resource funding up over £6.4 billion (70.9%) under the SNP [since 2006/07].

For over five years, Scotland has had the highest number of GPs per head of population anywhere in the UK.

We’ve expanded IVF to more families – making access in Scotland the fairest and most generous in the UK.

Scotland is leading the world on alcohol pricing, being the first country to implement minimum unit pricing.

We’ve protected free tuition for nursing and midwifery students – and their bursary rose to £10,000 in 2020.

Parking charges at all NHS-run hospitals scrapped – saving patients and staff over £42 million.

A SMARTER SCOTLAND

Scotland provides the best package of support for university students anywhere in the UK – with free tuition; low interest rates for student loan repayments; and a minimum income guarantee of £7,750 for the poorest students.

Since 2015/16, we have invested over £576 million in tackling the poverty related attainment gap. In 2020/21, we are investing a further £182 million – which includes over £120 million of Pupil Equity Funding going direct to 97% of head teachers in Scotland.

All 167,838 pupils in primaries 1 to 3 now benefit from access to free school meals, allowing families to save around £400 per child per year.

We have provided extra resources to local councils – allowing spending on education to increase in real terms for the past three years – up by £189 million in 2018/19.

958 schools upgraded under the SNP (since 2007) during the last 13 years, providing well-designed, accessible and inclusive learning environments for pupils.

A record 260,490 students enrolled at our world-class Scottish universities in 2019/20.

Latest HESA statistics show we have met the key target to have 16% of students from the most deprived areas of Scotland by 2021 at universities.

The First Minister’s Reading Challenge is encouraging children and young people to read for pleasure. In 2019/20, 971 schools and groups across Scotland registered for the Challenge.

We’ve introduced a national minimum school clothing grant of £100 to help more families afford school uniform costs.

Since 2012, we have invested over £1 billion per year in Scotland’s universities.

We’re providing our further education students with record levels of support. £138 million in 2020/21 – up 58% in real terms since 2006/07.

We’re leading the way as the only nation in the UK to offer bursary support targeted specifically for care-experienced students.

A WEALTHIER SCOTLAND

We have delivered a new progressive income tax system, ensuring 54% of Scottish taxpayers will pay less than elsewhere in the UK in 2021-22 – while strengthening our public services with extra investment, and protecting those on lower incomes.

To help protect jobs and businesses through the recession, we’ve slashed or abolished business rates for over 117,000 premises – saving small businesses around £2 billion to date.

Scotland is an exporting powerhouse, and our international exports are up 63 per cent under the SNP – valued at £33.8 billion in 2018.

In 2015, we became the first government in the UK to become an accredited real Living Wage employer. We have maintained funding of £380,000 to Living Wage Scotland for 2020-21 to continue to promote the payment of the real Living Wage in businesses across the country.

In 2019, we published the Fair Work Action Plan to drive forward fair work becoming the norm in workplaces across Scotland.

Scotland is the top destination in the UK, outside of London, for foreign direct investment.

We met our target to reduce youth unemployment by 40% in 2017 – four years early.

Business research and development spend in Scotland increased by 6.4% in 2018 to reach a record £1.36 billion, compared to a UK increase of 3.9%.

By the end of 2021, we will have allocated over £1 billion since 2009 through our energy efficiency programmes to make homes warmer and cheaper to heat.

Scotland’s productivity is outperforming the UK as a whole. Since 2007, productivity in Scotland has grown 10.3%, compared to growth of 2.9% in the UK.

We have established the Scottish National Investment Bank to invest in future generations and cutting-edge innovation for the common good.

Source snp

"

Are you a member of the Dunning Krueger Group?

Penicuik

Continued...

A FAIRER SCOTLAND

We have built a new social security system, with dignity and fairness at its heart, currently administering 10 benefits. See the benefits we’re delivering here.

We have delivered 96,750 affordable homes since 2007, nearly 67,000 of which were for social rent, including 14,661 council homes.

In 2019-20, we invested more than £1.96 billion in targeting support at low-income households – an increase of £554 million on 2018-19.

Unlike the UK government, we enshrined ambitious child poverty eradication targets into law, and published our first delivery plan outlining concrete actions – backed by a £50 million Tackling Child Poverty Fund.

We are tackling child poverty head-on with a “game-changing” Scottish Child Payment, which when fully rolled out, will help lift around 30,000 children out of poverty.

Our investment in Carer’s Allowance and the Carer’s Allowance Supplement was around £358 million in 2020/21 – our Supplement and extra COVID payments provided eligible carers with an extra £690.30 last year, compared to carers south of the border.

The first benefit of its kind in the UK, the Young Carer Grant, started in October 2019, supporting eligible young carers with a payment of £305.10.

We’re delivering the Best Start Grant and Best Start Foods payments, putting £46.9 million in the pockets of lower-income families to help with expenses during a child’s early years.

We’re continuing to fully mitigate the callous Tory Bedroom Tax, protecting over 70,000 Scottish households from facing the charge.

We introduced the first gender-balanced Cabinet in the UK, one of only a handful of gender parity cabinets around the world.

We have kept Scottish Water in public hands. Customers pay less for a better service in Scotland – saving £46 on average compared to the privatised services south of the border.

We’ve delivered free bus travel to over a million Scots across the country, including under-19s, over-60s and disabled people. We’re now expanding it further to all under-22s, making public transport more accessible than ever.

A SAFER SCOTLAND

Overall crime is down by 45% since 2008-09, including a 20% fall since 2016-17. Police recorded crime is at one of the lowest levels seen since 1974.

Despite a decade of UK Tory austerity, we have increased the policing budget for 2021/22 by £75 million – putting the police in a sustainable position.

Scotland has a higher number of police officers than at any time between 1999 and 2007, with over 17,200 on 30 September 2020 – 1,015 more than March 2007. In England and Wales, police numbers have been cut by over 11% in the same period.

We have invested more than £20 million in violence prevention since 2007.

Automatic early release has been ended, meaning that long-term prisoners who pose an unacceptable risk to public safety will serve their sentence in full. The re-conviction rate is at its lowest level in 21 years.

Since 2008, we committed £110 million from the proceeds of crime to community projects for young people across Scotland.

We’ve introduced the world-leading Domestic Abuse Act that makes psychological domestic abuse and controlling behaviour a crime.

Since 2012, we have invested record funding of £14.5 million to support anti-sectarian education in schools, prisons, workplaces and communities.

The new Scottish Fire and Rescue Service has been created.

We have made the sharing of so-called ‘revenge porn’ a specific criminal offence, carrying a maximum penalty of five years imprisonment.

Scotland has the UK’s first national action plan on human rights, showing our ambition to be an example of how to realise human rights and tackle injustice at home and abroad.

A SCOTLAND FIT FOR THE FUTURE

We delivered the £1.35 billion marvel on the Forth – the Queensferry Crossing – under budget.

We doubled the walking and cycling budget, increased to just over £100 million in 2020/21 – and we have committed to continuing funding at the record level for the next five years.

We scrapped bridge tolls on the Forth and Tay crossings – saving individual commuters around £3,000 to date.

Over £9 billion invested in our rail infrastructure since 2007.

We delivered the Borders Railway, the longest new domestic railway to be built in Britain in over 100 years.

The first section of our £3 billion project to dual the A9 from Perth to Inverness has been completed – with construction of the second section, between Luncarty and Pass of Birnam, progressing well.

The £745 million Aberdeen Bypass opened in February 2019, producing savings in journey times and reductions in HGV traffic through Aberdeen.

In 2019/20 we established a £50 million Town Centre Fund to enable local authorities to revitalise and diversify Scotland’s town centres.

We have published an action plan to decarbonise Scotland’s railway by 2035.

A GREENER SCOTLAND

We were the first country in the UK to declare a climate emergency and have since passed legislation for the world’s most ambitious emissions reduction targets.

We have already halved our greenhouse gases emissions since 1990 – statistically, we’re second only to Sweden in Western Europe for emissions reductions.

We are world renowned for having underpinned our net zero targets with a legislative commitment to a Just Transition – ensuring no one is left behind.

We have committed to a green recovery from COVID-19 and announced £62 million investment in Energy Transition Fund.

We have been active on the world stage, leading the Edinburgh Process on biodiversity and publishing the Edinburgh Declaration calling for increased action to tackle biodiversity loss.

Since 2012, we have funded the restoration of over 25,000 hectares of degraded Scottish peatland.

No fracking or other onshore unconventional oil and gas activity can take place in Scotland.

We’ve passed legislation to establish an ambitious Deposit Return Scheme for Scotland – reducing waste and tackling greenhouse gas emissions.

In 2019-20, we planted 11,050 hectares of new woodland – exceeding our annual 10,000 hectares target in the Climate Change Plan.

Over 80% of all new woodland creation across the UK in 2019-20 was in Scotland. The new woodlands have been created by planting 22 million new trees.

We’re exceeding our commitment to provide an extra £12 million for Climate Justice Fund projects to support community projects in Malawi, Zambia and Rwanda.

EMPOWERING COMMUNITIES

We’ve extended the voting franchise. 16 and 17 year olds, and all foreign nationals with leave to remain, including all those granted refugee status, now have the right to vote in Scottish Parliament and local government elections.

We launched a £200,000 Access to Politics Fund to help disabled people stand for elected office.

Local communities have been given a voice in the planning and delivery of local services through the Community Empowerment Act – backed up by an annual £20 million of funding.

The Scottish Land Fund has already helped over 230 communities across the country to purchase land – and will continue doing so with a £10 million budget for 2021-22.

We’ve delivered the radical and ambitious Land Reform (Scotland) Act to transform how we own, manage and access land in Scotland.

We have created the Scottish Land Commission, and our driving our land reform agenda, to ensure that as many people as possible can benefit from land.

SUPPORTING OUR RURAL AND ISLAND COMMUNITIES

Over £2.2 billion investment in the Clyde, Hebrides and Northern Isles ferry services and infrastructure since 2007, as part of our commitment to our islands and remote communities.

We’ve introduced and are implementing Scotland’s first ever National Islands Plan – which sets out 13 strategic objectives to improve the quality of life for island communities.

We launched our Islands Green Recovery Programme in 2020, to fund locally-led green projects to help our island communities to thrive, to contribute to our work on repopulation and to create jobs.

We’re delivering significantly reduced ferry fares and increased passenger numbers on the Clyde and Hebrides ferries.

The Air Discount Scheme provides residents of Shetland, Orkney, the Western Isles, Islay, Jura, Colonsay, Caithness and north-west Sutherland with a 50% discount on air fares on eligible services.

In 2018, the value of fish and shellfish landed into Scottish ports increased to £574 million, and the number of Scottish fishing vessels increased to 2,089 – and we’re working hard to mitigate the disastrous impact of Brexit on fishing.

Scotland’s first National Marine Plan aims to achieve the sustainable development of our seas.

We have committed a total of £9 million to the Rural Tourism Infrastructure Fund to support jobs and strengthen the tourism sector.

We’re delivering affordable homes, over 4,800 between 2016 and 2020, in the rural and island areas – backed up by our £30 million Rural and Islands Housing Fund.

INVESTING IN CULTURE, CREATIVITY AND SPORT

We’re investing more than £280 million in Scotland’s culture and heritage.

We’ve maintained free entry to our national museums and galleries – which before the pandemic, welcomed over five million visitors every year.

Over £27 million investment in Edinburgh’s major festivals since 2008 – with more funding opened up to Celtic Connections and the Glasgow International Festival.

We’ve consolidated Scotland’s position as the perfect stage for major events – having hosted the Commonwealth Games, the Ryder Cup, the Solheim Cup, and the re-scheduled UEFA Euros in 2021.

We invested £38 million in the construction of the world-class V&A Museum of Design in Dundee, which opened in 2018 and forms a major part of Dundee’s regeneration.

We’ve expanded provision of two hours of PE a week in primary and secondary schools across Scotland – from 10% in 2005, to around 99% now.

We’ve opened the £3 million-a-year Broadcast Content Fund, alongside existing film funding.

Sport Scotland have invested over £192 million since April 2007 to help sports clubs, community groups, local authorities, sport’s governing bodies and other organisations deliver new and upgraded sporting facilities across the country.

We are committed to supporting MG Alba, which operates BBC Alba and receives £12.8 million a year from the Scottish Government.

Saor Alba, source snp

Penicuik

"Are you a member of the Dunning Krueger Group? "

Kruger

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Here are some of our top achievements:

A HEALTHIER SCOTLAND

A SMARTER SCOTLAND

A WEALTHIER SCOTLAND

Source snp

"

God you really have to get out more often.....Shows you are just lurking and hovering on the site waiting for someone to reply to your post...

You had that cut and pasted and posted in less than 5 mins....bloody hell .

But your actions says a lot for how the SNP are preparing for the battle.

I assume your one of NS foot soldiers prepared for battle so to speak...all your propaganda prepared and waiting to be trundled out for the masses.

If you cant put food in people's mouths you'll happily brainwash them with your snazi propoganda.

Penicuik

The staunch on here account for 1% of the voting public.

The minority in the last death throes.

By *8guyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Tory for me 1qnd 2.... No way we can afford not to be tied in with our nearest neighbours and the country we do most export business with. The old argument that's normally dismissed by the hoochterr teuchter Brigade relates to EU membership.

We won't be Fastracked, we won't be automatically allowed back in...we'll have to apply and meet the required criteria. Even in the remote possibility, we do meet the criteria, our Spanish friends will put an immediate block on it. They know the basque region is still volatile and if they see our wee country,that has a smaller overall population than the Basque region, qualify for membership they will be demanding the same. Not so long ago, they who wanted their independence and demanded the same in that region (ETA) were portrayed as terrorists. So there is no chance of it happening and peeps cutting and pasting all about the SNP's triumphs won't cut the mustard. we'll end up pissing in the proverbial pot. Totally rudderless with nowhere to go

But lets not worry, we'll have all that oil revenue money to survive,

if there's any left after we pay the UK government for our part of the national debt.

Independence....are you having a laugh!!!!! Money talks and we as a wee national will be debt-ridden for years and years so why make it worse.

Penicuik

It’s common to compare Scotland’s situation to Catalonia, but there is one Major difference. Scotland is a country in union with another via an internationally recognised and revocable treaty.

Penicuik

The Scottish Gov by the very nature of devolution runs a balanced Gov

In other words we can not run up debt

Any debt in Scotlands name is created under Westminster’s watch

A fact that Unionists hate to discuss.

"The Scottish Gov by the very nature of devolution runs a balanced Gov

A fact that Unionists hate to discuss. "

Perhaps created under Westminsters watch but certainly partly spent by all 4 countries that make up the UK. That's like saying , 4 friends go out for dinner but the only person liable for the bill is the person that booked the table.

Penicuik

Perhaps created under Westminsters watch but certainly partly spent by all 4 countries that make up the UK. That's like saying , 4 friends go out for dinner but the only person liable for the bill is the person that booked the table. "

Give me £20

I’ll let you spend £10 of it, and I’ll spend the other £10 on your behalf.

Shit, I’ve overspent by £5

You now have a £5 deficit.

This is Scotland’s deficit explained for dummies.

Perhaps created under Westminsters watch but certainly partly spent by all 4 countries that make up the UK. That's like saying , 4 friends go out for dinner but the only person liable for the bill is the person that booked the table.

Give me £20

"

I'm sure you never complained about any overspend when you were sipping cocktails on furlough Street not so long ago. Or is that nothing to do with Scotland either. ?

Penicuik

Give me £20

I'm sure you never complained about any overspend when you were sipping cocktails on furlough Street not so long ago. Or is that nothing to do with Scotland either. ? "

Scottish sends more money to Westminster than it gets back as a block grant.

The rest along with the rUK money is spent by Westminster on what it chooses.

When Westminster spends more than it earns it has to borrow to cover the extra costs.

Westminster then apportions its share of the debt and the loan interest on it to Scotland even though is wasn’t spent by Scotland or Scotland’s choices.

Westminster then calls this share of their debt Scotland’s deficit and holds it up as proof of Scotland’s inability to manage its own finances.

As for the furlough you’ve been told many times that as a taxpayer the taxes were still deducted

I’m actually glad you don’t vote.

"

Westminster then calls this share of their debt Scotland’s deficit and holds it up as proof of Scotland’s inability to manage its own finances. "

Can you show me the link where Westminster holds it up to prove Scotland can't manage its finances.

"

Westminster then calls this share of their debt Scotland’s deficit and holds it up as proof of Scotland’s inability to manage its own finances.

Can you show me the link where Westminster holds it up to prove Scotland can't manage its finances. "

Maybe a quote of some sort, TV inter_iew ?? Radio phone in ?

Such a strong accusation you make here, plz tell me its not just part of the SNP propaganda playing to the crowd, saying what they think people might want to hear and are likely to believe regardless of whether its fact or fiction . ????

Penicuik

"

Can you show me the link where Westminster holds it up to prove Scotland can't manage its finances.

Maybe a quote of some sort, TV inter_iew ?? Radio phone in ?

Such a strong accusation you make here, plz tell me its not just part of the SNP propaganda playing to the crowd, saying what they think people might want to hear and are likely to believe regardless of whether its fact or fiction . ???? "

Too wee too poor mantra is spewed out on a daily basis from London.

The British state and media.

There is a reason the tories, Labour and dems are always in the shadow in Scotland.

Penicuik

"

Can you show me the link where Westminster holds it up to prove Scotland can't manage its finances. "

Barnett Formula

You’ve been furnished with this on many occasion.