FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > To meet or not to meet?

To meet or not to meet?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iimon OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

What is everyone thinking when it’s allowed?

Personally, I would meet up with some close friends and family but as clubs / meeting strangers for some fun goes, I’ll be giving it 2 months at least.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"What is everyone thinking when it’s allowed?

Personally, I would meet up with some close friends and family but as clubs / meeting strangers for some fun goes, I’ll be giving it 2 months at least.

"

Why 2 months?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Life goes on, 1st meet is normally a coffee so pretty much minimal risk anyway when rules allow.

Not sure what difference 2 months will make, we've had a year and it's still around.

I've been out working constantly since the beginning and still safe.

Then let's add the adult factor into the equation, would a potential meet turn up or even arrange a meet in the first place if they had any symptoms.

The fear is strong in some people.

By *cottishMrsWoman  over a year ago

Wishaw

I agree with Zest. It's not going anywhere, so you can't just put your life on hold. Well, that's my opinion anyway. And as Zest says, have a bit of common sense, and respect, and don't turn up to the meet if you're unwell xx

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I’d so love to start meeting again

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

As has been said, we've all been driven into a culture of fear and uncertainty.

Blood clots? I believe you can get blood clots from taking the 'pill', doen't stop ladies taking it.

The vaccine? I get it every year for the flu, there's vaccines given to young children for measles etc.

The time's fast approaching when people are going to be asking, what's the point of getting vaccinated if we can't do as we used to do. The so called 'experts' are going to have to give way or there'll be anarchy.

It's time the Prime and First Ministers resumed governing, and sacked these so called 'experts'.

Here endeth!!

Why 2 months

Life is for living, we are all over due some fun. We will be straight back out, but it's a personal choice, you wait the extra 2 months if that some how makes you feel better

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

No plans to meet anyone any time soon to be honest. In fact I have pretty much written off 2021 other than possibly meeting up with some long term fab friends in the autumn, only once we have all had two doses of the vaccine though.

I guess everyone has different priorities, which is absolutely as it should be, Fab meets are pretty low on my list.

By *etkenMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes I agree once we all have 2 vaccines ...meet close friends firstly too

By *usicmaidWoman  over a year ago

fabbington

"I’d so love to start meeting again "

Me too the thought of even just meeting up with old friends for a coffee is exciting enough for me lol but as I’d normally have a social meet before any play and if honest tended to play in clubs I don’t see me bed hopping anytime soon.

Wouldn't even be thinking about meeting until a good few months after everything is open.

Won't be meeting anyone on here for a long time, even after I've had both vaccinations. Only people I want to see are my parents x

"Won't be meeting anyone on here for a long time, even after I've had both vaccinations. Only people I want to see are my parents x"

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I've had both my vaccines but have no plans on meeting anyone off here anytime soon. I'd sooner spend time with friends and family first and when I do start meeting off here it will be with friends I have already made

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

Be interesting to see when the powers that be lift the meet restrictions on here.

By *ticky 69Man  over a year ago

Stirling

I'll happily meet up. I had Covid last year and had my first jab last month. Life's for living. But I respect rhe views of those who think differently, for whstever reason(s). Each to their own.

I'll be spending time with my friends first and foremost. To be fair though I think we are at the point where life has to go on and people need to make their own choices.

By *iimon OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I say 2 months because I’ve got 2 high risk and 1 baby in my immediate family. None of us have had jags yet.

When time allows I’ll meet close friends and family. I’m not hiding out at home, I’ve still got work but I’m not meeting strangers.

You can trust friends and family but you’ve no idea what others are up to.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I say 2 months because I’ve got 2 high risk and 1 baby in my immediate family. None of us have had jags yet.

When time allows I’ll meet close friends and family. I’m not hiding out at home, I’ve still got work but I’m not meeting strangers.

You can trust friends and family but you’ve no idea what others are up to. "

But do you know who your friends have been in contact with? Or their friends?

"Life goes on, 1st meet is normally a coffee so pretty much minimal risk anyway when rules allow.

Not sure what difference 2 months will make, we've had a year and it's still around.

Then let's add the adult factor into the equation, would a potential meet turn up or even arrange a meet in the first place if they had any symptoms.

"

"Life goes on, 1st meet is normally a coffee so pretty much minimal risk anyway when rules allow.

"

*adult factor

Made me laugh there....x

By *hatsmynameagainCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

We wont be meeting or anything else for a good while yet even if we've had both jags.

Our son is vulnerable as are some of our family memebers. Lifes been shit over the last year but Id never forgive myself if I passed the virus on to any of them.

As hard as it is we can wait a while longer

Mr

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Not planning on meeting anyone for a good while.

First priority will be seeing family.

By *ariemike11Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

Once 2nd jags done plus a month for it to get into system will contemplate meets.

The virus will still be knocking about this time next year in some form or an other as regards mutations. Not intending waiting that long!

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

"I’d so love to start meeting again

Me too the thought of even just meeting up with old friends for a coffee is exciting enough for me lol but as I’d normally have a social meet before any play and if honest tended to play in clubs I don’t see me bed hopping anytime soon. "

I mean coffee is just a euphemism for me

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

"I'll be spending time with my friends first and foremost. To be fair though I think we are at the point where life has to go on and people need to make their own choices. "

I agree with this, had my 1st jag but life has to go on

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

There is no reason not to have outside socially distanced meetings if you follow the guidance.

It is an oportunity to network and lay the ground work for the future.

Regarding close contact physical meets - until you are able to get up close and personal in clubs, you probably shouldn't be meeting.

But certain individuals are selfish and will disregard all for a fuck or a suck!

The chance of a socially distanced outdoor blether would be a grand start lol.

I seem to be skipped over for this part hahaha

By *lasgowbiguyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Fab should start up there own passport system lots of different ways to do it

By *innMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

I think most people will be cautious about meeting, I know I am.

Each to their own and people will take risks (lifestyle choices).

Lots of people have been meeting throughout the last year.

I’m not judging anyone. This lifestyle has always had its risks and I have found that people drift into associations or friendships with like minded people.

As a single man, my wanting to meet and my chances of meeting are dictated by women, not the virus

Until ladies are willing to meet me, a hermit will have a busier diary than I have!

By *randmissdemeanourMan  over a year ago

glasgow

To be honest once I have had both jabs I will be looking to catching up with friends in all spheres of life.

By *ubmissive Couple4funCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Can't wait till we can meet again

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

We are dying to meet again, however it will not be for a while.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

There are some who think once the hotels open on the 26th it's the green light to start meeting & covid is miraculously going to disappear.

Great advice

That's how I'm playing it

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

As soon as we are vaccinated we will be out again, we will have a vaccine probably around the same time night clubs open. At least we don't have any moral dilemmas to weigh up. Perks of being the end of the queue!

By *issTotalshamblesWoman  over a year ago

GLASGOW

After ive had my second jag i would probably meet for coffee bit apart frim that i would certainly wait a bit. Probably after clubs open

By *ilbert4450Man  over a year ago

paisley

"As has been said, we've all been driven into a culture of fear and uncertainty.

Blood clots? I believe you can get blood clots from taking the 'pill', doen't stop ladies taking it.

The vaccine? I get it every year for the flu, there's vaccines given to young children for measles etc.

The time's fast approaching when people are going to be asking, what's the point of getting vaccinated if we can't do as we used to do. The so called 'experts' are going to have to give way or there'll be anarchy.

It's time the Prime and First Ministers resumed governing, and sacked these so called 'experts'.

Here endeth!! "

"Sack the experts" brought to you by the same numpties that gave you Brexit

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

we've had enough now and need out. Legally another 2 in the hot tub allowed

By *ornyfuckers66Couple  over a year ago

fife

Seems normality has returned Last minute let down Friday last minute let down Saturday First d we xcuse early start ... did they not know Second excuse A n E aye that old chestnut ... how long they been waiting Gggrrrr so to answer OP not meeting despite our best efforts

Definitely meet. I'm trying to get a holiday group together

» Add a new message to this topic