FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Rant

Rant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So earlier in my car going to the shop for ice I observed a scumbag discarding his cigarette wrapping onto the kerb, why!? Bins are aplenty. Then, some ignoramus pulled out in front of me when I had right of way. As you can tell these things irk me. What ever happened to decency and manners?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Littering should be £1000 fine or 100 hours community service

"Littering should be £1000 fine or 100 hours community service"

Is community service still a thing these days?! I only ask because you look at the state of North Lanarkshire’s roads and it’s littered with rubbish along the sides and someone told me the other day that it’s volunteers who redo the plants in Bathgate precinct. I’d imagine it’s the same everywhere

They dont go and clean roads due to health and safety rules. It's become such a sue culture now it's more Butlins than Community Service

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Littering should be £1000 fine or 100 hours community service

Is community service still a thing these days?! I only ask because you look at the state of North Lanarkshire’s roads and it’s littered with rubbish along the sides and someone told me the other day that it’s volunteers who redo the plants in Bathgate precinct. I’d imagine it’s the same everywhere "

They leave the litter to hide the potholes. Cost me 2 tyres already this year

By *ullie-kingMan  over a year ago

Wishaw

"Littering should be £1000 fine or 100 hours community service

Is community service still a thing these days?! I only ask because you look at the state of North Lanarkshire’s roads and it’s littered with rubbish along the sides and someone told me the other day that it’s volunteers who redo the plants in Bathgate precinct. I’d imagine it’s the same everywhere "

100% the litter at the sides of dual carriageway between newmains & bellside is awful

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Community Payback is still a thing but as with everything it has stopped with lockdown. Also the hours centre more on jobs to give skills and work experience to people that may have none in the hope of helping reduce re-offending

By *ariemike11Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeenshire

We were in Newzeland just before China virus.

Out and about in parking areas and lay-by’s there were no bins and not a hint of a sweetie wrapper.

By *un44Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

The roads everywhere are a mess and we now have a culture of its easier to ignore than to confront. I see it at school where kids discard litter on the floor and it's now the norm for them. As for the standard of driving......don't get me started.....there is a petition going on gov.uk to have registration numbers put on drive through take-away packages which is a great I'd. More and more people have dash cams so the chance of catching people littering, fly tipping and bad driving has increased. Unfortunately people get fed up with reporting as nothing is done. I have repeatedly reported a resident who park his van on a corner on the kerb and over the dropped section. Breaking numerous laws and highway codes, but Strathclyde's finest says there's nothing wrong with it. So gave up and waiting for someone to have an accident. If the authorities don't care then that filters down to the point everyone else thinks the same. Only a small number of people who care about their area then go out and brighten the places up only for their work to be vandalised and with they are caught they are given a hug and sent on their merry way.....all wrong and we're too far down the potholed road to change.

A rant on a Sunday morning certainly makes you feel better

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 11/04/21 08:25:52]

coatbridge

"So earlier in my car going to the shop for ice I observed a scumbag discarding his cigarette wrapping onto the kerb, why!? Bins are aplenty. Then, some ignoramus pulled out in front of me when I had right of way. As you can tell these things irk me. What ever happened to decency and manners?"
are your legs broken your moaning about litter while littering the air we breath with your gas guzzler for some ice

GLASGOW

"So earlier in my car going to the shop for ice I observed a scumbag discarding his cigarette wrapping onto the kerb, why!? Bins are aplenty. Then, some ignoramus pulled out in front of me when I had right of way. As you can tell these things irk me. What ever happened to decency and manners?are your legs broken your moaning about litter while littering the air we breath with your gas guzzler for some ice"

Could be an electric car

coatbridge

"So earlier in my car going to the shop for ice I observed a scumbag discarding his cigarette wrapping onto the kerb, why!? Bins are aplenty. Then, some ignoramus pulled out in front of me when I had right of way. As you can tell these things irk me. What ever happened to decency and manners?are your legs broken your moaning about litter while littering the air we breath with your gas guzzler for some ice

Could be an electric car "

still using resources for a bag of ice or do ya really think electricity just magically appears from a wall

GLASGOW

"So earlier in my car going to the shop for ice I observed a scumbag discarding his cigarette wrapping onto the kerb, why!? Bins are aplenty. Then, some ignoramus pulled out in front of me when I had right of way. As you can tell these things irk me. What ever happened to decency and manners?are your legs broken your moaning about litter while littering the air we breath with your gas guzzler for some ice

Could be an electric car still using resources for a bag of ice or do ya really think electricity just magically appears from a wall "

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. Yeah I know all to well the irony of an electric vehicle supposedly being pollution free. I honestly cant comment/criticise on using a car for short pointless reasons, I'm more than guilty of that.

By *unseekers87Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow ish

We where in waitrose at the start of the week and seen two woman get in to there car and just throw their rubbish out into the carpark before they shut their doors over. We were also going through a drive thru a year or so back and the guy in front of us literally was handed his receipt and as the wee window was closing he threw it on the ground . After we got our stuff we drove past him sitting in the car park and him and his mrs were just throwing the wrappers and boxes out of their windows as they were eatting. It was absolutely ridiculous staff in these places then get sent out to pick this stuff up , the restaurants etc should report their registrations and they should get fines etc. Sorry for the rant but it annoys the life out of me that some people just behave like arseholes .

"We where in waitrose at the start of the week and seen two woman get in to there car and just throw their rubbish out into the carpark before they shut their doors over. We were also going through a drive thru a year or so back and the guy in front of us literally was handed his receipt and as the wee window was closing he threw it on the ground . After we got our stuff we drove past him sitting in the car park and him and his mrs were just throwing the wrappers and boxes out of their windows as they were eatting. It was absolutely ridiculous staff in these places then get sent out to pick this stuff up , the restaurants etc should report their registrations and they should get fines etc. Sorry for the rant but it annoys the life out of me that some people just behave like arseholes . "

The resteraunt car park is private property so they'd just be reporting number plates to themselves add to that it's easier to pick up the rubbish themselves than confront a customer and possibly put them off returning again. Unfortunately the fall out from that is people think its OK to throw out their shit everywhere and whenever they feel like it. They are knobs but not much we the public can do about it.

I did a litter pick the past couple of days I collected 4 black bags just from the children's play park the amount if plastic juice bottles there are three bins around the park it is so frustrating, litter is at a all time high across the whole of the British Isles it's shocking, as council cuts services like litter picking, cleaning roads etc it's all becoming more noticeable

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

My peave is cigarette butts why do drivers fling them out the window ? There's a fecking ashtray in the car .

"My peave is cigarette butts why do drivers fling them out the window ? There's a fecking ashtray in the car . "

My ex did that once as we were driving along and it very nearly landed on a passing car's windscreen. Cue blaring of horn and hand gesturing. It was the first time I told him he was a stupid a hole lol

E.K . Glasgow

"My peave is cigarette butts why do drivers fling them out the window ? There's a fecking ashtray in the car .

My ex did that once as we were driving along and it very nearly landed on a passing car's windscreen. Cue blaring of horn and hand gesturing. It was the first time I told him he was a stupid a hole lol "

If I could be bothered ( brave enough ) I'd get one of those outdoor ashtrays that are usually on walls outside pubs , follow them home chap their door then empty in their hall .

"My peave is cigarette butts why do drivers fling them out the window ? There's a fecking ashtray in the car .

My ex did that once as we were driving along and it very nearly landed on a passing car's windscreen. Cue blaring of horn and hand gesturing. It was the first time I told him he was a stupid a hole lol

If I could be bothered ( brave enough ) I'd get one of those outdoor ashtrays that are usually on walls outside pubs , follow them home chap their door then empty in their hall . "

Lol just imagine the look on their face x

By *anny77Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Horrifying as it is I’m at least glad that it’s not as bad as it used to be.

E.K . Glasgow

If I could be bothered ( brave enough ) I'd get one of those outdoor ashtrays that are usually on walls outside pubs , follow them home chap their door then empty in their hall .

Lol just imagine the look on their face x"

Imagine how fast I'd need to run

By *cottishMrsWoman  over a year ago

Wishaw

"So earlier in my car going to the shop for ice I observed a scumbag discarding his cigarette wrapping onto the kerb, why!? Bins are aplenty. Then, some ignoramus pulled out in front of me when I had right of way. As you can tell these things irk me. What ever happened to decency and manners?"

I found out that when my five year old goes to play in the park across the road, he picks up all the litter first because we only have one planet Earth and we need to look after it... how fucking cute and amazing is that?!

Now, put it this way, if my fucking five year old can grasp it, there's really no fucking excuse. Littering pisses me off. There's no need for it. If there's no bins nearby, hold on to it until you see one, or get home.

And, don't even get me started on stupid fucking drivers. I can't even comprehend the decisions some people make on the roads! I don't know if any of you know the road from Carfin to Cleland, past BOC Gases and the Dalziel Estate, but some arsehole was driving that road today, half over my side of the road as he was going too fast coming round the winding bit, and hit the corner too fast and nearly wiped out myself and my two kids. Men say women are bad drivers, but women are just inconvenient drivers... they're more likely to be driving too slow where you can't overtake, it's young men I find profoundly fucking dangerous!!

Rant over lmao!xx

» Add a new message to this topic