FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Who actually bothers with people that message them ? Or is it my profile?

Who actually bothers with people that message them ? Or is it my profile?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or has this site got a lot of timewasters ?

Maybe my profile is not upto scratch ?

Opinions and suggestions welcome

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Is it just me or has this site got a lot of timewasters ?

Opinions and suggestions welcome "

We are in a pandemic .

you have no pics on the profile to entice anyone in.

Also the profile text tells people nothing about you or what you have to offer them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Opinions and suggestions welcome We are in a pandemic .

you have no pics on the profile to entice anyone in.

Also the profile text tells people nothing about you or what you have to offer them "

This... also you say you’ve had some great meets implying from the site. You’re not verified but maybe they weren’t. Genuine question, what exactly do you expect from the site???

How do verifications work ? As I have a verification in my photos that doesn't show publicly. Odd...

You are photo verified (verified by the site via photo) but not meet verified (someone has verified you either by meeting in person or cam)

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

The one photo you have on your profile would immediately put us off if you messaged us.

So yes your profile needs more work done to it.

Your profile text is fine. Just put up some public pics and a profile pic and you're good to go. Good luck OP x

"Your profile text is fine. Just put up some public pics and a profile pic and you're good to go. Good luck OP x"

Thanks hun.

"The one photo you have on your profile would immediately put us off if you messaged us.

So yes your profile needs more work done to it. "

Suggestions ? As I am.unsire what pics to post?

Just because people don’t reply to you or jump your bones at the drop of a hat doesn’t make them time wasters.

Best of luck op!!!

T

Glasgow

"The one photo you have on your profile would immediately put us off if you messaged us.

Suggestions ? As I am.unsire what pics to post?"

We can't speak for everyone but a lot of people don't like cock pics, body shots taken from different angles can be nice. Look at other profiles for ideas.

Suggestions ? As I am.unsire what pics to post?"

You know on the one hand I could say the forum is one place to seek input and advice from other users but on the other hand I could say as you’ve been here 10 months you could have done some active looking around the site, look at other profiles and also read the forums and many advice sections the site has. As it stands OP I’m falling into the latter. Your profile is your own and should reflect you and your personality not someone else’s advice on what they like. I’m still interested to know exactly what you expect from the site. I’m asking genuinely btw and wish you good luck too

Always reply to every message even if to say thanks but no thanks.

Just manners

I reply to most messages but your profile just seems to be mostly dick pics so instant turn off for me.

So maybe it is just your profile that's putting folk off.

Good luck tho

Just because people don’t reply to you or jump your bones at the drop of a hat doesn’t make them time wasters.

Best of luck op!!!

T"

Too true, I guess I worded my post wrong

"I reply to most messages but your profile just seems to be mostly dick pics so instant turn off for me.

So maybe it is just your profile that's putting folk off.

Good luck tho "

I did think that was the problem. I need to get more adventurous.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Just manners "

I don't reply to every message anymore. If that means I have no manners, so be it According to fab etiquette it's not rude though.

Reply to most still. But not to one liners, copy and paste messages, or if it's obvious they haven't read the profile x

You know on the one hand I could say the forum is one place to seek input and advice from other users but on the other hand I could say as you’ve been here 10 months you could have done some active looking around the site, look at other profiles and also read the forums and many advice sections the site has. As it stands OP I’m falling into the latter. Your profile is your own and should reflect you and your personality not someone else’s advice on what they like. I’m still interested to know exactly what you expect from the site. I’m asking genuinely btw and wish you good luck too "

I am doing my homework as we speak. Things will be updated in due course. Thanks peeps

Just manners "

Central Borders

Got some good pics on your profile OP. Maybe cut back on the dick pics a little bit, but that's totally up to you. For me a profile stands out when it's not displaying genitals, but lots of people have a different opinion on that.

What's a first message like from you? Is it along the lines of "what are you up to"? Because that seems to be the most common one to enter my mailbox and the worst question to ask when we're in a pandemic x

Central Borders

If anyone wonders what I'm up to tonight, I'm watching Magic Mike just now

Glasgow

You've got 11 photos on your profile 8 are dick pics

Central Borders

"You've got 11 photos on your profile 8 are dick pics "

The holiday shot with the cocktail is a good picture though!

True folks.

Cut them back.

You know on the one hand I could say the forum is one place to seek input and advice from other users but on the other hand I could say as you’ve been here 10 months you could have done some active looking around the site, look at other profiles and also read the forums and many advice sections the site has. As it stands OP I’m falling into the latter. Your profile is your own and should reflect you and your personality not someone else’s advice on what they like. I’m still interested to know exactly what you expect from the site. I’m asking genuinely btw and wish you good luck too

I am doing my homework as we speak. Things will be updated in due course. Thanks peeps "

Excellent, relax and enjoy engaging with folk (I agree with less dick pics too) and I’m sure the rest will follow, have fun ~ that’s what it should be

I am doing my homework as we speak. Things will be updated in due course. Thanks peeps

Excellent, relax and enjoy engaging with folk (I agree with less dick pics too) and I’m sure the rest will follow, have fun ~ that’s what it should be "

Thanks

Glasgow

"True folks.

Cut them back."

Thats better

Glasgow

"You've got 11 photos on your profile 8 are dick pics

The holiday shot with the cocktail is a good picture though! "

Just because people don’t respond dosent mean they fake or a time waster

Some off us don’t respond to say no because over the years

Egotistical people can’t take it and throw a hiss fit over being told no

I would rather just delete messages that wonder if I am going to get abuse thrown my way for saying no thank you

Or the grate it’s your loss line or trying to continue on the convo like I haven’t all ready sed not interested

Many of these replies have got me thinking.

Should I delete this thread or not ? ??

Central Borders

"Many of these replies have got me thinking.

Should I delete this thread or not ? ??"

Nothing wrong with your thread x

By *cottishMrsWoman  over a year ago

Wishaw

I find it very hard to say no to men without being verbally assaulted, without getting into an argument, or without being harassed. A lot of women simply choose to delete messages from people they're not interested in. I try to be nice, and reply to most, or put up a status saying I've had to delete but, to be honest, I'm fed up of apologising for it. I am constantly harassed by men asking me, "Are you available today? What about today? Can you do tonight then? What about 10am?" So, for me personally, I intend to be more ruthless, which I think is the same for a lot of women on here. Unfortunately, we have to be

"Many of these replies have got me thinking.

Should I delete this thread or not ? ??"

You can’t delete the thread but you’ve asked a pertinent question and engaged with the answers politely and even taken on board some of the suggestions. I think that’s a positive

"I find it very hard to say no to men without being verbally assaulted, without getting into an argument, or without being harassed. A lot of women simply choose to delete messages from people they're not interested in. I try to be nice, and reply to most, or put up a status saying I've had to delete but, to be honest, I'm fed up of apologising for it. I am constantly harassed by men asking me, "Are you available today? What about today? Can you do tonight then? What about 10am?" So, for me personally, I intend to be more ruthless, which I think is the same for a lot of women on here. Unfortunately, we have to be "

Alas this is a very valid point, of course there are lots of lovely guys too but this is the simplest answer to why women sound antsy

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

You’ve no profile pic or public pics. They are all private. I’m more inclined to respond when someone has a pic. Personally I prefer a nice chest pic.

I’m curious as to how you’ve met anyone in the last 10 months during a pandemic.

What is your definition of time waster?

No one owes you a reply to your messages.

What is your definition of a time easter op?

All those points others have said are very valid

"I find it very hard to say no to men without being verbally assaulted, without getting into an argument, or without being harassed. A lot of women simply choose to delete messages from people they're not interested in. I try to be nice, and reply to most, or put up a status saying I've had to delete but, to be honest, I'm fed up of apologising for it. I am constantly harassed by men asking me, "Are you available today? What about today? Can you do tonight then? What about 10am?" So, for me personally, I intend to be more ruthless, which I think is the same for a lot of women on here. Unfortunately, we have to be "

Bloody hell they sound persistent

By *cottishMrsWoman  over a year ago

Wishaw

"I find it very hard to say no to men without being verbally assaulted, without getting into an argument, or without being harassed. A lot of women simply choose to delete messages from people they're not interested in. I try to be nice, and reply to most, or put up a status saying I've had to delete but, to be honest, I'm fed up of apologising for it. I am constantly harassed by men asking me, "Are you available today? What about today? Can you do tonight then? What about 10am?" So, for me personally, I intend to be more ruthless, which I think is the same for a lot of women on here. Unfortunately, we have to be

Bloody hell they sound persistent "

I wish I could say it's a minority of men, but there's an increasing majority, I find.

As someone else stated, it's part of the reason women are so antsy and hesitant. And, unfortunately, that reflects badly on the good guys. We know not all men are like this, but we have to learn to keep our guard up until we're absolutely certain that...

1. We get on well.

2. You're not a psycho.

3. You're not a prick.

4. We find you attractive.

5. We trust you won't hurt us.

Literally, might sound ridiculous but women have so much more reason to be hesitant. Very often, rather than entering into a dialogue with a man who may decide to verbally abuse us, it's easier just to delete messages from profiles we're not sure we can trust, ie no verifications, very little activity on forums, very little activity on the scene in general, no photos and very little info on the profile.

Ask ANY woman on Fab, and I guarantee you she's likely had the same level of harassment I've endured. And, by the way, I'm often told by other women on Fab, that I'm TOO nice when dealing with arseholes, so if that's what I get and I'm the nice one, you can imagine what a slightly more upfront woman might have to deal with xx

By *redwilma666Couple  over a year ago

Kilbirnie

You claim some great meets, but only join 10 month's ago. That is a very loud alarm bell for me

By *otrock-cplCouple  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Just another drab dull profile with no spark to entice you in to wink or message and no pictures.

What a catch

By *incsladyandscotsmanCouple  over a year ago

North fife

We don't reply to profiles with no pictures. It is not blind date. Who we pick to meet has too meet what we want, we would expect the same scrutiny from who we meet.

Profile must also be reasonably detailed and match what we want.

Hope that helps you.

We look to gather as much information from a profile as we possibly can. If there's little information with mostly dick pics then we generally pass them by. We don't waste time responding to profiles that have been given no thought. If we can't reasonably assume you're trustworthy and attractive to us then what's the point?

» Add a new message to this topic