FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fab Climbers.

Fab Climbers.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After an unexpected amount of cycle fans on here I was wondering who is into my other hobby. Climbing.

Nothing like a cute butt hanging above you to make your day. But lockdown has really messed with my climbing options as it’s not really a solo game. Some hopefully.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you climb outdoors or indoors, I am an outdoor climber and love finding new routes, been such a long time since out in the mountains.

"After an unexpected amount of cycle fans on here I was wondering who is into my other hobby. Climbing.

Nothing like a cute butt hanging above you to make your day. But lockdown has really messed with my climbing options as it’s not really a solo game. Some hopefully. "

Your thighs, oooft and wow. I'm not much good at climbing, well maybe trees, but I'd want to look up at your butt. Just saying.

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Stirling

I've enjoyed a lot of climbing over the years.

I've not enough time to do everything these days - boots, bikes, boats and I'm busy.

I've sold my climbing and ski gear, just keep a few basics for a nice scramble...

Was actually thinking about about getting back into bouldering again. But dont think my nearest ventre is starting any new membership

[Removed by poster at 27/04/21 10:27:47]

Climber here, not been out as much as I'd like over past couple of years but been out recently and gagging for gabbro again

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

I think my profile pic confirms I like to climb...

Have done less recently because I like to climb with folk, and not that aware of the best places in Scotland...

Mostly indoor but my mate an i finally got enough stuff to start out door then covid hit. We have been scouting some places locally to see if we can find something to have a wee play on. Any suggestions welcomed. Even just a wee 10-20m cliff would work for us if it’s near Falkirk. Good for a wee bit practice.

Thanks.

Always happy to have my butt complemented.

Yeah covid has really fucked everything and not in the good way!

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

I used to do a little bit many years back. Nowadays it's hillwalking as gravity isn't quite so against me in that.

"Mostly indoor but my mate an i finally got enough stuff to start out door then covid hit. We have been scouting some places locally to see if we can find something to have a wee play on. Any suggestions welcomed. Even just a wee 10-20m cliff would work for us if it’s near Falkirk. Good for a wee bit practice. "

Dollar quarry is a good place for introducing the outdoors not far from you, the whangie, Google it its about 45 mins away, has great routes for differing levels short walk in, got other climbing routes in and around the trossachs that are also good further afield sheep's flank up in Glen Nevis is pretty good further up the Glen some good climbing for different abilities some bouldering and scrambling routes up by steal falls..

Used to do a lot of hill climbing with my dad when I was a teenager. We walked up Ben Ledi, Ben Lomond, Ben Lors and most of the West Highland Way. Those were the good old days x

By *eliciouslySalaciousCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We can't wait to get back to TCA and GCC though maybe back on the bikes and in the pool initially will be kinder on our tendons. The Balcony Cafe though in GCC is great!

By *maiCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow & Edinburgh

Only been to EICA, but would love to try the others

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

"Dollar quarry is a good place for introducing the outdoors not far from you, the whangie, Google it its about 45 mins away, has great routes for differing levels short walk in, "

Sounds like there are a few options, sounds like we need a social climbing meet in the near future when vax/testing is further rolled out...

Who'd be up for that?

I climb indoor and outdoor there is plenty of nice climbing spots in Scotland central too, enjoy a bit of bouldering. Would be great to all meet up if everyone was up for it

I live on Crete, so I am in paradise for climbing

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Done a few hills last year, Schiehallion,Ledi, Lomond, the ochills and a few others. Hopefully once the weather is more settled and the crowds have died down I'll venture back out

K

"Mostly indoor but my mate an i finally got enough stuff to start out door then covid hit. We have been scouting some places locally to see if we can find something to have a wee play on. Any suggestions welcomed. Even just a wee 10-20m cliff would work for us if it’s near Falkirk. Good for a wee bit practice.

Dollar quarry is a good place for introducing the outdoors not far from you, the whangie, Google it its about 45 mins away, has great routes for differing levels short walk in, got other climbing routes in and around the trossachs that are also good further afield sheep's flank up in Glen Nevis is pretty good further up the Glen some good climbing for different abilities some bouldering and scrambling routes up by steal falls.. "

Thanks that’s really helpful. I’ll need to look into a few wee trips then.

I tend to go to Ratho as it’s my closest centre and been to alien a few times too. Never been through to Glasgow for climbing. Really should some time.

By *undaliniBlueMan  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Buy the SMC Lowland Outcrops guide.

For trad climbing I think Auchinstarry is the best crag for beginners, or Neilston.

I sometimes go soloing at Neilston of an evening.

If you have not done much trad Benny Beg is the place to start Sport Climbing.

My focus is very much on winter climbing rather than indoor, and I've done a fair amount of mountain trad climbing.

PM me if you want a steer on anything to do with climbing.

Cheers

"We can't wait to get back to TCA and GCC though maybe back on the bikes and in the pool initially will be kinder on our tendons. The Balcony Cafe though in GCC is great!"

I'll second that (see what I did there?!) - the cafe at GCC is fantastic!

By *meehornyMan  over a year ago

Inverness

I've done a bit of climbing in the Highlands and looking to get back out soon. Always willing to partner up.

By *umKissCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Where is there to climb in Glasgow? We started before lockdown last year also. So much fun!

By *meehornyMan  over a year ago

Inverness

"Where is there to climb in Glasgow? We started before lockdown last year also. So much fun!"

The Climbing Academy and Glasgow Climbing Centre are the most popular dedicated climbing venues however there are likely to be a few smaller walls in some gyms, community centres etc.

If you get the chance and willing to travel, head for Edinburgh International Climbing Arena, it's great and caters for all styles and abilities, plus there's a health suite/spa for afters

"Only been to EICA, but would love to try the others"

Used to climb regular at the EICA. Was a member when it first opened. Membership No 12.

Would love to get back in too it. Feel free to message me if you guys are up for a wee climb. Drew x

» Add a new message to this topic